And working hard!! Not wasting my time on fab at all... Honestly

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inthgowmale45Man  over a year ago

linlithgow

Part hw prt office. Perfect balance.

By *tarburst babydollMan  over a year ago

Dingwall

In my job I have never been able to work from home and sadly where I worked never opened again after lockdown. At my age I have made the decision not to look for another full time job, instead just working casual when I want.

The nature of the hubby job he always spent about 50% of his time working from home and still does

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

WFH half the week good and bad tbh

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

I can if I want to but I prefer to be in at work. It can be very solitary WFH and be more difficult to do some things.

The pandemic has had a huge impact on our social skills. I have been back in FT for about a year and PT for about 6 months before that. Some of my colleagues are just coming back in, they are very anxious and don't know how to interact with others.

I am, we maintained the flexibility as our Chief Exec unders_ands the benefits of it for wellbeing and productivity. I have a peefect hybrid working week!

By *iss EnormastitsWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I am and most likely will be now permanently at home. Thankfully. Travelling 50miles round trip daily to go into office not for me. Productivity has increased and absence has reduced due to WFH.

X x

I can if i want to, we are encouraged to be in the office at least 1 day a week but i come in 5 days a week as its better for me

And its a brilliant office, and the heating is free here lol

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

As long as I go into the office once a week, there are no questions.

I've just been going in every day because of other issues. Those that know me, will likely guess why.

Mandy

By *exicolaMan  over a year ago

West Lothian

Me. Suits me fine as West Lothian is a better base for the east of the country than Glasgow - I cover eastern Scotland.

Plus my employer cut its desk space by 2/3 so even if I wanted to go into the office I would have to book days / weeks in advance.

I'm more productive at home anyway.

By *bostCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Mrs - no opportunity to work from home, but don’t work the full week so have time off at home.

Mr - hybrid working. He’s worked the whole week at home this week as he’s not been feeling great, but generally goes in to the office far more than working from home.

By *unkydunkyCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I still work from home with the odd day in the office. I do miss the banter and interaction at times but I don’t miss the travel or some of the office politics.

Plus can’t be distracted by fab in the office lol

F xx

By *assy69Man  over a year ago

West Sussex and Wales

"Who still is ? And why. !!!"

I work from home three days a week, and then travel the 250 miles to spend 2 days at the office before coming back home again for the weekend. I do it

1. Because I can

2. Because it’s too far to drive every day and I see no reason to change who I work for.

Am looking into splitting my job at the moment between Wales, England and Scotland, so possibility of some much longer commutes

By *ladominantmanMan  over a year ago

Renfrew

Based from home full time and I love it. Work-life balance, getting out to meet clients regular, no office distractions etc...

My head office is in London so the commute would kill me anyway.

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

I work from home half the week and in the office the other half, doesn't seem to be any hurry to go back to full time and my work/life balance is better

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

Never had the opportunity to work from home!

By *ighlander81Man  over a year ago

Hamilton

I do two days in the office and three at home, it doesn’t matter so much with me as I’m out of the office a lot anyway for meetings m, it’s a good balance

By *ilveryFoxMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

I am just now as I’m recovering from a knee injury

By *otterabzMan  over a year ago

Ellon

Our office has been closed permanently, so I have no option but wfh. Not ideal, but hey ho.

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Working from home because I prefer it, get more done. I save a shit load of money by working from home-commuting isn't cheap. Much better work life balance and I can't stay away from idiot colleagues

By *omble 69Man  over a year ago

Symington

Work from home almost full time occasionally in office for odd meeting or out to sites.I am far more productive working from home and definitely do more hours but no travelling so happy to work that way

Though I think it must take its toll on people who live alone

By *omble 69Man  over a year ago

Symington

[Removed by poster at 22/10/22 12:53:10]

By *aura4ukTV/TS  over a year ago

Motherwell

Mainly work from home now. Only in the office once a fortnight or so.

Why - I get more done and don’t sit on the M8 for hours on end wasting time and fuel.

If one good thing came out of bloomin’ COVID it was this.

Work between 2 bases, one has no clinic rooms available so I work from home those days, suits me tbh.

By *appyGirl43Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm still working from home. I go in every few weeks to do some printing and chat with the bosses.

I don't mind it. Means I get to sleep in and have more time in the evenings.

I work half and half and we have been told that's the way it will stay forever. I personally prefer in the office I find working from home quite depressing these days

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

I think I wfh'd for 3 days - it drove me nuts.

I was then classed as Key Worker - so was at work every day over the lockdowns. The commute was fabulous!

Now everyone in my part of the company is back fulltime due to the practical nature of the job.

People's social skills and motoring skills went out the window over the last 2 and a bit years.

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

"I think I wfh'd for 3 days - it drove me nuts.

I was then classed as Key Worker - so was at work every day over the lockdowns. The commute was fabulous!

Now everyone in my part of the company is back fulltime due to the practical nature of the job.

People's social skills and motoring skills went out the window over the last 2 and a bit years.

"

I know what you mean about social skills. Some people will never get those back due to a range of factors.

I see quite a few people who can't cope with being in a work place and don't know how to interact with others.

I'm in an office job and love seeing people every day but I've applied for a job which will require me WFH. Not that keen being stuck at home again but I'll stick it until I find another office job x

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Been doing it for 15 years, anyone who says they prefer it ...naa it is fookin depressing.

You never leave your work.

Edinburgh

"Been doing it for 15 years, anyone who says they prefer it ...naa it is fookin depressing.

You never leave your work."

I can relate, as at one point I had to shift my WFH desk to the bedroom, and it was ALWAYS there. No seperation between Work and Home - My stress was super-high at that point.

"Been doing it for 15 years, anyone who says they prefer it ...naa it is fookin depressing.

You never leave your work.

I can relate, as at one point I had to shift my WFH desk to the bedroom, and it was ALWAYS there. No seperation between Work and Home - My stress was super-high at that point."

I had my desk in the living room, one those ones that you can fold up. It's leaning against the wall out of sight behind my sofa but I may have to put it up again. Not really looking forward to doing that x

I have done admin, computer work, rotas, menu building pricing. Etc. random office related, obvs not kitchen related stuff.

I can’t focus. I’m always distracted. So I avoid it and just sit in the restaurant, using the wifi, nursing coffees with bottomless glasses of water

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I split my time between office and home working. I enjoy the mix as I like company but get more done at home - teacher always said I was easily distracted

Edinburgh

"I split my time between office and home working. I enjoy the mix as I like company but get more done at home - teacher always said I was easily distracted "

It's the same for me. When in the office folk are always just walking in saying "This isn't working" or "I need help" (I'm in IT Support). When at home they don't tend to try skipping the queue like that, as they always bug the folk in the office first, which nowadays is always me.

By *arryclone1Man  over a year ago

South West

I struggle working from home , I spend a third of my day playing with myself a third of the day watching the clock and a third of the day working

My concentration span is non existent unfortunately

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"I split my time between office and home working. I enjoy the mix as I like company but get more done at home - teacher always said I was easily distracted

It's the same for me. When in the office folk are always just walking in saying "This isn't working" or "I need help" (I'm in IT Support). When at home they don't tend to try skipping the queue like that, as they always bug the folk in the office first, which nowadays is always me."

I can imagine if you’re IT then they will constantly be asking for help

Edinburgh

"I can imagine if you’re IT then they will constantly be asking for help

"

It really depends on who they ask - Some look for quick fixes, some of us sort the root causes

I have for over 20 years. I’ve built an office in my garden (super shed!) work never enters the house.

I visit the office 4 times per year in North Yorkshire.

» Add a new message to this topic