FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Hijacking posts

Hijacking posts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why do mods not delete comments which deliberately change the original post? Far too many posts are hijacked by people because it doesnt suit them and it ends up a waste of time. If a post isnt relevant to you why comment? Move on and either post your own or find one that suits you.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Why do mods not delete comments which deliberately change the original post? Far too many posts are hijacked by people because it doesnt suit them and it ends up a waste of time. If a post isnt relevant to you why comment? Move on and either post your own or find one that suits you."
posts would be deleted left right n centre if they were to be deleted for going off topic ..i dont think people mean for them to be hijacked but sometimes a post will take a diffrent direction to what it was origonaly intended posts will only be deleted if they are breaking rules xxx

I understand that and I agree. But some posts lead to this more tha others. i.e. some post are asking for discussion and a change of direction can be expected. But when a post is a simple request for something specific and it gets waylaid it makes the post redundant even if it was made with the best intentions. If you see what I mean lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The worst ones, I find, are those which have a dozen or so comments then two posters decide to basically have a conversation with each other back and forth and back and forth and back and forth within the thread.

"I understand that and I agree. But some posts lead to this more tha others. i.e. some post are asking for discussion and a change of direction can be expected. But when a post is a simple request for something specific and it gets waylaid it makes the post redundant even if it was made with the best intentions. If you see what I mean lol"
I know exactly what you mean but its the way of fab sadly xxx

i believe that the grass should be purple on the other side

(post formally highjacked )

"Why do mods not delete comments which deliberately change the original post? Far too many posts are hijacked by people because it doesnt suit them and it ends up a waste of time. If a post isnt relevant to you why comment? Move on and either post your own or find one that suits you."

I'd rather they deleted posts by people having a swipe at others because they've misunderstood that persons post and feel obliged to have a go at them.

"Why do mods not delete comments which deliberately change the original post? Far too many posts are hijacked by people because it doesnt suit them and it ends up a waste of time. If a post isnt relevant to you why comment? Move on and either post your own or find one that suits you.

I'd rather they deleted posts by people having a swipe at others because they've misunderstood that persons post and feel obliged to have a go at them. "

[Removed by poster at 01/12/12 21:56:39]

"Why do mods not delete comments which deliberately change the original post? Far too many posts are hijacked by people because it doesnt suit them and it ends up a waste of time. If a post isnt relevant to you why comment? Move on and either post your own or find one that suits you.

I'd rather they deleted posts by people having a swipe at others because they've misunderstood that persons post and feel obliged to have a go at them. "

I would prefer they deleted posts made by someone who has no interest in the original post and didny understand the sarcasm intended by the previous post she thought was serious. The single male maybe had more savvy than she thought

Guys come on make love not war

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

Is it gonna be a White Christmas this year?

"Guys come on make love not war "

You offering? lol

"Guys come on make love not war "

Nah, I'm fussy Nawty, only into single men, not into couples. ;0)

Night all, post your worst.

"Guys come on make love not war

You offering? lol"

Of course i am thats why were all here lol

it does get annoying when 2 people have a flirtfest for most of the post which should really be done by PM but it is an open forum and everyone is allowed to post what they want providing it doesn't break the rules....it's part and parcel for this forum so best just to ignore

public spats in forums never make anyone look good. always someone who has to have the last word

"public spats in forums never make anyone look good. always someone who has to have the last word"
Totally agree

SNOG!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"public spats in forums never make anyone look good. always someone who has to have the last word"

Totaly agree. Please take any issues you have to private.

"SNOG! "

Ok lol