FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Craig or Connery

Craig or Connery

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mudg3r OP   Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Danny Boy was brill. But still Shir Sean for me. What do you think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ekyllandHydeCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Has to be Daniel all the way. He has the looks, the body well he just has everything...mmmm a girl can dream

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Dan for me, then Connery.. but don't think they can really be compared as Connery will always be the best 'Cheesy' bond and Dan's been more realistic (to an extent).. Still haven't seen the new one yet so no spoilers!! Haha

By *r and Mrs SnogalotCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Skyfire is amazing! Best Bond movie ever in my humble opinion

Shy x

By *issNaughtyxxxWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Can i be greedy and have both?!

Edinburgh

"Can i be greedy and have both?!"

I'll post them both to you. Best start with Sean so he can get away early for his cocoa.

not really into bond but we did go and see skyfall..

thought it was fab and id say yip ,,

craig for moi

auds xx

By *eatherWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

both for me sean is the sauve one daniel the modern action one and oh those blue eyes turn ma legs to jelly .Looking forward to seeing Skyfall Can i have both and im quiet partial to a cup of cocoa

Mmmmm Craig Connery Craig Connery? Ok i just cant decide but that sounds like the perfect mmf to me

sean will always be bond to me, but daniel comes a very close second

always used to be Connery, sorry it's the delectable Mr Craig now....hubba hubba!

Connery every time mmmm his voice gives me shivers

By *rjandmrskCouple  over a year ago

West Dunbartonshire

Craig for sure

Mrs K xxx

By *eatherWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

i agree with leggzz mmf what a night/

Sue likes Connery - she finds Craig to be a pouting wee boy in comparison.....

Can't stand Mr Craig so by default, the other one lol

for me it had too be Sir Roger Moore, better actor and much more a ladys man, ideal for a Special Secret Service man,

Daniel Craigs, good- but I am a traditionalist, for me its Sir Roger Moore, better actor, and much more charming than Sir Sean Connery could ever be- can't stand him, but thats just my personal opinion

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

as good as danny boy is he,s a long way off fulfilling the role as well as sir sean did in his time think off connery now in his prime with all the effects and touchups that go on now miles in front just my opinion

I think this one is down to your age, being an auld fart i prefer Sir Sean, bond to me should always be tall and dark, blonde and short aint it, although i have to say daniel is yummy hehe

Connery all the way, any others that have played Bond are just fakes IMO.

By *iandbi2Couple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Connery all the way, any others that have played Bond are just fakes IMO. "

Totally agree

Ian Flemming, never meant, for a Scot, to play James Bond, bond is and always was english, and no matter what anyone says, Sean Connery was a poor imitation of James Bond- Sir Roger Moore was the best, and if nobody likes my opinion, tough

"Ian Flemming, never meant, for a Scot, to play James Bond, bond is and always was english, and no matter what anyone says, Sean Connery was a poor imitation of James Bond- Sir Roger Moore was the best, and if nobody likes my opinion, tough "

Hmm....wasn't Bond 1/2 Scottish and 1/2 Swiss...? And isn't it generally agreed that the character of Bond was based on a Scottish Highland Gent from the Forces he knew, from the Cawdor area? Obviously opinions will vary and nobody will ever know (just Google and see and I'm sure we'll get 1000,001 connontations of thought!lol). To me, Roger Moore was the campest, most ridiculously unbelieveable Bond. AS I recall in many Bond books, Bond was roughed up quite a lot - so as far as 'accuracy' goes, could it be suggested that the likes of Craig is nearest in that respect to the original...but having said that....does it really matter? lol

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Ian Flemming, never meant, for a Scot, to play James Bond, bond is and always was english, and no matter what anyone says, Sean Connery was a poor imitation of James Bond- Sir Roger Moore was the best, and if nobody likes my opinion, tough "

I doubt Fleming ever expected anyone to play Bond in the cinema.

Connery was of his era but expectations of cinema audiences have moved on. Some Bonds were better than others. Niven and Dalton were dire. Moore was pretty forgettable.

Daniel Craig is a bit pretty but excellent in all other respects.

By *z ThongzWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Dont like the bond movies at all but I would have to agree Connery made the best Bond , second to none.

"as good as danny boy is he,s a long way off fulfilling the role as well as sir sean did in his time think off connery now in his prime with all the effects and touchups that go on now miles in front just my opinion "

Agreed

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Definatley sean connery xxxx

Sean.. still sexy today.

I prefer Miss Funny Fanny oopps Money Penny myself

the films themselves have changed over the years with little or no humour now.....far grittier and of course better special effects

sean was the best in the older genre bond films and daniel is the best in the new ones

timothy and roger were dreadful actors never mind bonds but pierce was ok

sorry dr d, have too disagree with you there, you cannot put timothy dalton-welshman, in the same boat as roger moore, his acting skills, have never ever been called to question, and besides which in the bond movies- sean connery as bond, invariably got his butt kicked by the baddies

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"sorry dr d, have too disagree with you there, you cannot put timothy dalton-welshman, in the same boat as roger moore, his acting skills, have never ever been called to question, and besides which in the bond movies- sean connery as bond, invariably got his butt kicked by the baddies

"

What does the fact Dalton is Welsh have to do with anything?

in a recent interview, rodger moore openly admitted that daniel craig was the best bond he'd seen

"sorry dr d, have too disagree with you there, you cannot put timothy dalton-welshman, in the same boat as roger moore, his acting skills, have never ever been called to question, and besides which in the bond movies- sean connery as bond, invariably got his butt kicked by the baddies

"

Disagree, Moore's only acting abilities were in his eyebrows.

Edinburgh

Well, that was an exciting response to my first thread. And disagreement without tantrums. Fantastic. I'm gonna think of another one now. I'll get back to you all. Xx

saw skyfall and wasnae impressed by it very much at all,might have been quantum of solace (not sure)tho but, in my humble oppinion the best EVER start to any bond film...bloody brilliant!

Well bonds parentage was given as scottish father and swiss mother so where you get english from that i will never know lol. Apparently fleming gave bond scottish ancestry in the novel of you only live twice which was the first published after the filming of dr no after being so impressed by sean connery's portrayal in dr no.

"Ian Flemming, never meant, for a Scot, to play James Bond, bond is and always was english, and no matter what anyone says, Sean Connery was a poor imitation of James Bond- Sir Roger Moore was the best, and if nobody likes my opinion, tough

Well bonds parentage was given as scottish father and swiss mother so where you get english from that i will never know lol. Apparently fleming gave bond scottish ancestry in the novel of you only live twice which was the first published after the filming of dr no after being so impressed by sean connery's portrayal in dr no. "

I didnae know this, hence the name of the latest film,which just so happenes to be his ancestrial home in the highlands called Skyfall, got the connection now!

» Add a new message to this topic