FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > EU Crashing = Patriarchy Smashing?

EU Crashing = Patriarchy Smashing?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The blindside of the painfully naive on either sides of the left/right spectrum?

The power of groupthink about the fantastically exaggerated enemy?

Manipulation of the weak by the wilfully blind or the downright sneaky with an alternative agenda?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The blindside of the painfully naive on either sides of the left/right spectrum?

Manipulation of the weak by the wilfully blind or the downright sneaky with an alternative agenda?"

Let's say yes. Or no.

Or whatever it takes to make you stop talking.

Why so negative John?

You telling me you don't see a parallel?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"The blindside of the painfully naive on either sides of the left/right spectrum?

Manipulation of the weak by the wilfully blind or the downright sneaky with an alternative agenda?"

"Why so negative John?

You telling me you don't see a parallel?"

That is exactly what I'm telling you.

Care to offer up what the distinction

might be?

We have been railroaded at every turn since we joined the Common Market back in the 1970’s. Every sneaky change en route to what is fast becoming an EU superstate.

The backlash started here, much like many other revolutions. We lead, and in time the rest will follow...

"We have been railroaded at every turn since we joined the Common Market back in the 1970’s. Every sneaky change en route to what is fast becoming an EU superstate.

The backlash started here, much like many other revolutions. We lead, and in time the rest will follow..."

Well looking at your profile you were just about old enough to remember the 1970's! What's more you were probably in the affluent south (assumption I know), but as some kid around 10 your probably not going to remember much about what the UK was like. Three day week, power cuts, strikes, inflation at 25+% and being dubbed "the sick man of Europe or even the "I 'm backing Britain " campaign - which incidentally failed! You have lived the majority of your life in the "EU club" - so know nothing of life outside. Be careful what you wish for - because if the EU fails it will make the 2007/8 financial crash look like "a walk in the park". Macro economics will come into play and a depression worse than the 1930's (I wasn't alive for that one). But there is only a few months left to see what the UK will be like. Nobody knows but time will tell.

"Care to offer up what the distinction

might be? "

Nope, it's your theory, you can make the case for it.

So far, it seems to be nothing more than "I dislike this thing, I also dislike this other thing, therefore they must be the same".

That is not compelling.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

It's mildly interesting how you manage to forge the most tenuous links between how much you hate women and unrelated subject matter, I suppose.

[Removed by poster at 21/07/18 17:02:16]

"It's mildly interesting how you manage to forge the most tenuous links between how much you hate women and unrelated subject matter, I suppose. "

I'll leave you to your errors of judgement.

I love women, that's why I want them to be free of ideological false gods and demons (Johns?).. just as I'd like to free brexiters from their irrational hatred of the EU and their blind faith in the dividend.

"We have been railroaded at every turn since we joined the Common Market back in the 1970’s. Every sneaky change en route to what is fast becoming an EU superstate.

The backlash started here, much like many other revolutions. We lead, and in time the rest will follow...

Well looking at your profile you were just about old enough to remember the 1970's! What's more you were probably in the affluent south (assumption I know), but as some kid around 10 your probably not going to remember much about what the UK was like. Three day week, power cuts, strikes, inflation at 25+% and being dubbed "the sick man of Europe or even the "I 'm backing Britain " campaign - which incidentally failed! You have lived the majority of your life in the "EU club" - so know nothing of life outside. Be careful what you wish for - because if the EU fails it will make the 2007/8 financial crash look like "a walk in the park". Macro economics will come into play and a depression worse than the 1930's (I wasn't alive for that one). But there is only a few months left to see what the UK will be like. Nobody knows but time will tell."

Do not make assumptions on my past please. I was the oldest child in a one parent family, living on a sink estate in North East Lincolnshire.

I remember the strikes, and the power cuts etc. It was Maggie that sorted the unions out, not the Common Market, EC or whatever it was calling itself when the Callaghan govt was finally gotten rid of.

I remember sitting in class, watching the Steelworkers Union walking past the window, demanding a 20% pay rise. Oh and Maggie Maggie Maggie out out out!

A couple of years later the steelworks were all shut bar one. Well done union comrades...

"It's mildly interesting how you manage to forge the most tenuous links between how much you hate women and unrelated subject matter, I suppose.

I love women, that's why I want them to be free of ideological false gods and demons (Johns?).. just as I'd like to free brexiters from their irrational hatred of the EU and their blind faith in the dividend."

"I love them, that's why I don't listen to what they have to say. It's for their own good"

"It's mildly interesting how you manage to forge the most tenuous links between how much you hate women and unrelated subject matter, I suppose.

I love women, that's why I want them to be free of ideological false gods and demons (Johns?).. just as I'd like to free brexiters from their irrational hatred of the EU and their blind faith in the dividend.

"I love them, that's why I don't listen to what they have to say. It's for their own good""

But I don't listen to what you say either so I'm hardly sexist in that regard

I listen to the smart, reasonable, tolerant ladies who don't denigrate themselves with groupthink.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

The backlash started here, much like many other revolutions. We lead, and in time the rest will follow..."

What percentage of decisions go against the UK in the EU?

If we have been railroaded, why have we never used our power of veto to treaty change?

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Sorry OP, but I don't really have a clue what you are talking about. Perhaps some additional context is required?

"I love them, that's why I don't listen to what they have to say. It's for their own good"

I listen to the smart, reasonable, tolerant ladies who don't denigrate themselves with groupthink. "

"I listen to people who agree with me"

Probably not the strong statement you intended.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

Your grasp of history is tenuous at best....

I listen to the smart, reasonable, tolerant ladies who don't denigrate themselves with groupthink.

Probably not the strong statement you intended."

Weak

Probably not the strong statement you intended.

Weak"

Aye, it was.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

as far as i can tell the uk is doing rather well at the mo ...even with the current crap from both sides going on ....we will prosper out of the eu ...club.....watch the other sheep follow in a yea or 2 ....ps any one noticed how the greek thing has gone quite of late ....

upton wirral

Well said

upton wirral

"as far as i can tell the uk is doing rather well at the mo ...even with the current crap from both sides going on ....we will prosper out of the eu ...club.....watch the other sheep follow in a yea or 2 ....ps any one noticed how the greek thing has gone quite of late ...."

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

I'm afraid that I don't understand the question...

» Add a new message to this topic