FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > dogs for Brexit

dogs for Brexit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As a leaver I couldn't possibly buy a dog from Europe as buying British should be the thing now. Are we going to say goodbye or good buy to the French poodle or the German Shepherd etc etc and look for more of our own lovely breeds that need supporting. What dogs will you choose now we are leaving in March next year.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"As a leaver I couldn't possibly buy a dog from Europe as buying British should be the thing now. Are we going to say goodbye or good buy to the French poodle or the German Shepherd etc etc and look for more of our own lovely breeds that need supporting. What dogs will you choose now we are leaving in March next year."

So a dog born and raised in this country no longer can be considered British?

lolol

"As a leaver I couldn't possibly buy a dog from Europe as buying British should be the thing now. Are we going to say goodbye or good buy to the French poodle or the German Shepherd etc etc and look for more of our own lovely breeds that need supporting. What dogs will you choose now we are leaving in March next year.

lolol"

I take it your awnser was you will still buy them then thats all i wanted to know. lololol.

I will ad for anyone that DIDN'T understand the question maybe I should have asked will people import dogs from Europe ie buy or say goodbye to that and get the dogs from the UK especially our own breeds that have been left behind by the popularity of the French poodle and pugs etc. I hope that clarify's this question for you

Bristol East

I've never "bought" a dog in my life. All the dogs I've had have been rescued from the SSPCA compound.

My daughter is the same, albeit one or her rescued dogs came over from Spain. I didn't realise until then it was possible to get a stray or unwanted animal from the welfare charity of another country.

Will you also be stopping buying food and drink made in any country except the UK? Or a car made abroad? Or music made by non-British artistes?

I won't be.

"I've never "bought" a dog in my life. All the dogs I've had have been rescued from the SSPCA compound.

My daughter is the same, albeit one or her rescued dogs came over from Spain. I didn't realise until then it was possible to get a stray or unwanted animal from the welfare charity of another country.

Will you also be stopping buying food and drink made in any country except the UK? Or a car made abroad? Or music made by non-British artistes?

I won't be.

"

I will buy British as much as I can because that means British workers will have jobs building and growing what I purchase to make up in the short term for the jobs lost in the remoaners picture of doom and fear they continually produce on a daily basis. And yes who knows how many jobs will be lost. I don't know. But everyone should be now working for the change as it is inevitable now. It will take the whole of the UK to make Brexit work and buying British is one way of helping

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I’m buying my next dog outside the EU. I have secured a trade deal with South Africa for a Boerboel.

God bless the commonwealth.

"I’m buying my next dog outside the EU. I have secured a trade deal with South Africa for a Boerboel.

God bless the commonwealth. "

That's a buy then lol. That's what it is all about. Everyone has a free choice and on one should tell people what to do or demean them for there choice. I just wanted to know what people will do to support our great country of OURS OR NOT.

Bristol East

" I just wanted to know what people will do to support our great country of OURS OR NOT.

"

Pay my taxes.

Er, that's about it, really.

" I just wanted to know what people will do to support our great country of OURS OR NOT.

Pay my taxes.

Er, that's about it, really."

I take it by your awnsers you just go around threads giving smart awnsers do you. Well good luck to you lol.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

This question by the OP is a joke, right? Sorry, there has been such much ludicrous stuff going on recently I can’t tell satire from reality anymore.

It is almost like some game that the craziest thin satire can come up with, reality seems to now match.

-Matt

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Wurst link to brevity thus far..

"This question by the OP is a joke, right? Sorry, there has been such much ludicrous stuff going on recently I can’t tell satire from reality anymore.

It is almost like some game that the craziest thin satire can come up with, reality seems to now match.

-Matt"

Yes and no Mat. Did you read the whole thread or just the headline then give your awnser.

Stephen

"This question by the OP is a joke, right? Sorry, there has been such much ludicrous stuff going on recently I can’t tell satire from reality anymore.

-Matt

Yes and no Mat. Did you read the whole thread or just the headline then give your awnser.

Stephen"

The underlying question is are people going to buy British goods to help British industry and britsh workers recover from Brexit or buy foreign. Quite a simple question really although it was in two parts. My fault as should have explained the question more

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why buy when shelter-skelter are over run by dogs looking for forever homes x

Bristol East

Pay my taxes.

I take it by your awnsers you just go around threads giving smart awnsers do you. Well good luck to you lol.

"

I answered the questions you posed.

And for that I am criticised?

Are you unable to cope with answers that do not validate your perspective on life?

"Why buy when shelter-skelter are over run by dogs looking for forever homes x"

I agree, my dog is a rescue from the UK. There are many dogs in this country that need kind homes. We don't need any more homeless dogs brought from abroad.

Pay my taxes.

I answered the questions you posed.

And for that I am criticised?

Are you unable to cope with answers that do not validate your perspective on life?

"

No you didn't. Paying your taxes has nothing to do with where you will buy your future goods from. Also the comment about the dogs not being British if they were born here. Very quick and clever that one lol. British or foreign goods. So the question is a simple buy British or not. I won't argue with you. If you can't get it then you can't get it.

Bristol East

Pay my taxes.

Er, that's about it, really."

Oh dear, dear . . . here is the question you asked.

Which is very different from the one you now say you asked.

© Donald Trump School of Straw Dogs

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

I voted to leave , and am very much behind a hard Brexit . However , if we go down the American route of taxing everything we import , making it more expensive , I won’t be happy .

We should still have the choice , and if a comparable item is considerably cheaper but not British , I will be buying the foreign product . Similar price and quality , British every time .

"I voted to leave , and am very much behind a hard Brexit . However , if we go down the American route of taxing everything we import , making it more expensive , I won’t be happy .

We should still have the choice , and if a comparable item is considerably cheaper but not British , I will be buying the foreign product . Similar price and quality , British every time ."

It's a free choice where to buy just like the vote was. And your awnser was probally most people's awnser but I'm sure they will prove me wrong lol.

Pay my taxes.

Oh dear, dear . . . here is the

question you asked.

Which is very different from the one you now say you asked.

© Donald Trump School of Straw Dogs

"

You got me. I appolagise to you. Have a good evening and thank you for your awnsers

Barbados

-Matt

Stephen"

Yes, I did read it. Which is why I am even more confused. I think you are trying to say something about 'buying British', but for some strange reason you seem to be using dog breeds with countries in their names like you somehow believe that that is their country of origin. I can't tell if you are just making some really bad joke, or if you *actually* believe that you can only get "German Shepards" by buying them from Germany.

Or are you also going to be boycotting "french fries", and "french tips", and make sure you don't "french kiss" someone?

I need a coffee.... thank goodness I don't use a 'french press'.

-Matt

-Matt

Stephen

Yes, I did read it. Which is why I am even more confused. I think you are trying to say something about 'buying British', but for some strange reason you seem to be using dog breeds with countries in their names like you somehow believe that that is their country of origin. I can't tell if you are just making some really bad joke, or if you *actually* believe that you can only get "German Shepards" by buying them from Germany.

Or are you also going to be boycotting "french fries", and "french tips", and make sure you don't "french kiss" someone?

-Matt"

Why is it remainers can't awnser a simple question. I have had very honest awnser from a leaver so why are remainers awnsering like they are. Do they feel so bad about losing the vote that they would delibratly buy foreign goods to hurt our country. Are they that bitter. Is it that they are embarrassed to admit they won't support this country's industry. Maybe I asked the question tounge in cheek with the name of the dog but next I say will you buy a dog from Britain or import one from abroad. I was so bored this afternoon but thanks for liveing it up. I haven't laughed so much for ages.

So British or foreign goods mat. Now you understand the question could you please give me an awnser.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"I've never "bought" a dog in my life. All the dogs I've had have been rescued from the SSPCA compound.

I won't be.

I will buy British as much as I can because that means British workers will have jobs building and growing what I purchase to make up in the short term for the jobs lost in the remoaners picture of doom and fear they continually produce on a daily basis. And yes who knows how many jobs will be lost. I don't know. But everyone should be now working for the change as it is inevitable now. It will take the whole of the UK to make Brexit work and buying British is one way of helping"

Drinking much British coffee at the moment, or do you prefer British tea?

How about your smartphone, is that British? How about your TV?

Barbados

-Matt

Stephen

-Matt

Why is it remainers can't awnser a simple question. I have had very honest awnser from a leaver so why are remainers awnsering like they are. Do they feel so bad about losing the vote that they would delibratly buy foreign goods to hurt our country. Are they that bitter. Is it that they are embarrassed to admit they won't support this country's industry. Maybe I asked the question tounge in cheek with the name of the dog but next I say will you buy a dog from Britain or import one from abroad. I was so bored this afternoon but thanks for liveing it up. I haven't laughed so much for ages.

So British or foreign goods mat. Now you understand the question could you please give me an awnser. "

The simple answer is I will endeavour to buy things as locally as I practically can. If I am in a pub, I try to buy a local to the area beer, or at least a British beer. I try and buy my coffee from a local roastery, although, as you know coffee beans don't grow well in this climate, so the beans themselves come from abroad.

When I buy wine, do I just stick to British wine out of dogmatic principle? No, I don't I generally buy French Merlot, as that is what I like to drink.

This has nothing to do with being a remainer or a leaver. It has more to do with I think you trying to make a serious point, but framing it in such a ridiculous way that is comes across that you have a very strange understanding of the world. And to be honest, asking "will you buy a dog from Britain or import one from abroad" is really quite a bizarre question. Maybe you work in the dog industry and have some kind of unique needs, but I can't say I know of a single person who has actually imported a pet from abroad.

-Matt

I won't be.

I will buy British as much as I can because that means British workers will have jobs building and growing what I purchase to make up in the short term for the jobs lost in the remoaners picture of doom and fear they continually produce on a daily basis. And yes who knows how many jobs will be lost. I don't know. But everyone should be now working for the change as it is inevitable now. It will take the whole of the UK to make Brexit work and buying British is one way of helping

How about your smartphone, is that British? How about your TV? "

Lol I will do if they make one here. Maybe Sansom will build a factory here to get around tariffs.

How good would that be.

And if the weather keeps up we can grow our own tee here lol. Nope never change my tea bags.

The government will bring in investment from around the world.

Cambridge

I won't be.

Lol I will do if they make one here. Maybe Sansom will build a factory here to get around tariffs.

How good would that be.

And if the weather keeps up we can grow our own tee here lol. Nope never change my tea bags.

"

Samsung won't build a factory in the UK to get access to a market of 65m people. The UK currently has a FTA with South Korea, and announced today also with Japan, however we have chosen to walk away from these FTA as they have been negotiated through the EU.

I won't be.

How good would that be.

Samsung won't build a factory in the UK to get access to a market of 65m people. The UK currently has a FTA with South Korea, and announced today also with Japan, however we have chosen to walk away from these FTA as they have been negotiated through the EU. "

I'll buy foreign when there isn't the equivalent item here but buy British where I can

Bristol East

"

-Matt"

Is "German Shepherd" back in fashion.

It was one of those brands that were wiped out in a wave of anti-German propaganda at the start of WW1.

Alsation became the PC term, I think. The Battenburgs were erased, along with the Germanic Ocean and other things.

I guess we must be pals again with the Herrs and Fraulines that we call their doggy breeds by their proper name again.

I won't be.

I will buy British as much as I can because that means British workers will have jobs building and growing what I purchase to make up in the short term for the jobs lost in the remoaners picture of doom and fear they continually produce on a daily basis. And yes who knows how many jobs will be lost. I don't know. But everyone should be now working for the change as it is inevitable now. It will take the whole of the UK to make Brexit work and buying British is one way of helping"

You can buy British without Brexit.

Thank you Mat for your honest awnser and my apologies for presuming people would understand my tounge in cheek question and if I had put what car would I buy now, one made here or abroad. I don't think that would have been easier for you and your sarcasm turns to rudeness so my conversation with you is now over as you have now understood and awnserd the question. I thank you for this afternoon.

-Matt

Stephen

-Matt

So British or foreign goods mat. Now you understand the question could you please give me an awnser.

The simple answer is I will endeavour to buy things as locally as I practically can. If I am in a pub, I try to buy a local to the area beer, or at least a British beer. I try and buy my coffee from a local roastery, although, as you know coffee beans don't grow well in this climate, so the beans themselves come from abroad.

When I buy wine, do I just stick to British wine out of dogmatic principle? No, I don't I generally buy French Merlot, as that is what I like to drink.

This has nothing to do with being a remainer or a leaver. It has more to do with I think you trying to make a serious point, but framing it in such a ridiculous way that is comes across that you have a very strange understanding of the world. And to be honest, asking "will you buy a dog from Britain or import one from abroad" is really quite a bizarre question. Maybe you work in the dog industry and have some kind of unique needs, but I can't say I know of a single person who has actually imported a pet from abroad.

-Matt"

So I'm in the EU. After Brexit I won't change my habbit. Even if I move back to the UK, which is soon. I buy what is cheaper unless there is a brand I like. If it's too expensive I do look for an alternative. So my buying decision will not change post brexit. However prices may nudge me to buy different brands. But I certainly never think... I want a British dog. I'd probably think I want a dog.

"So I'm in the EU. After Brexit I won't change my habbit. Even if I move back to the UK, which is soon. I buy what is cheaper unless there is a brand I like. If it's too expensive I do look for an alternative. So my buying decision will not change post brexit. However prices may nudge me to buy different brands. But I certainly never think... I want a British dog. I'd probably think I want a dog."

Yes well awnserd, I should have just asked the question in a different way.

My choice of wording means that people didn't see the point of the question. The choice of breed is another thread altogether. Whether someone buys a bulldog or Scottie or setters etc or the French poodle and other foreign bred dogs. I would hate to see our British breeds die out.

Barbados

"So I'm in the EU. After Brexit I won't change my habbit. Even if I move back to the UK, which is soon. I buy what is cheaper unless there is a brand I like. If it's too expensive I do look for an alternative. So my buying decision will not change post brexit. However prices may nudge me to buy different brands. But I certainly never think... I want a British dog. I'd probably think I want a dog.

My choice of wording means that people didn't see the point of the question. The choice of breed is another thread altogether. Whether someone buys a bulldog or Scottie or setters etc or the French poodle and other foreign bred dogs. I would hate to see our British breeds die out. "

Right, that is a totally separate question, and has nothing to do with Brexit whatsoever. I too would hate to see any breed of dog to die out, be it British or otherwise. Unless a breed that is bred purely for some cosmetic reason to the detriment of the welfare of the animal.

As I said at first, I had no idea if this was satire or not, as seemed like such a bizarre question to be asking.

-Matt

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"As a leaver I couldn't possibly buy a dog from Europe as buying British should be the thing now. Are we going to say goodbye or good buy to the French poodle or the German Shepherd etc etc and look for more of our own lovely breeds that need supporting. What dogs will you choose now we are leaving in March next year.

lolol"

Is a chicken born in a stable a horse?

"So I'm in the EU. After Brexit I won't change my habbit. Even if I move back to the UK, which is soon. I buy what is cheaper unless there is a brand I like. If it's too expensive I do look for an alternative. So my buying decision will not change post brexit. However prices may nudge me to buy different brands. But I certainly never think... I want a British dog. I'd probably think I want a dog.

My choice of wording means that people didn't see the point of the question. The choice of breed is another thread altogether. Whether someone buys a bulldog or Scottie or setters etc or the French poodle and other foreign bred dogs. I would hate to see our British breeds die out.

Right, that is a totally separate question, and has nothing to do with Brexit whatsoever. I too would hate to see any breed of dog to die out, be it British or otherwise. Unless a breed that is bred purely for some cosmetic reason to the detriment of the welfare of the animal.

As I said at first, I had no idea if this was satire or not, as seemed like such a bizarre question to be asking.

-Matt"

Thankyou, the other part of the question being goods, dogs, cars etc and there are a lot of dogs imported into this country every year. I personally will buy British where I can and it's practicable then I will.

Sometimes I believe people understand my mind like my wife thinks she does lol. So my apologies for not explaning

my post properly and I will in the future endeavour to explain my posts to your satisfaction so that you can understand them. Should I send them to you first for your approval kind sir

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

lolol

Is a chicken born in a stable a horse?"

It is if it identifies as such

lolol

It is if it identifies as such "

Barbados

-Matt

Thankyou, the other part of the question being goods, dogs, cars etc and there are a lot of dogs imported into this country every year. I personally will buy British where I can and it's practicable then I will.

Sometimes I believe people understand my mind like my wife thinks she does lol. So my apologies for not explaning

my post properly and I will in the future endeavour to explain my posts to your satisfaction so that you can understand them. Should I send them to you first for your approval kind sir

"

OK, I'm genuinely curious now... what is the impact of Brexit on importing dogs to the UK? Or are you saying you won't buy EU dogs in some kind of protest? I know there is the pet passport programme. No idea if and/or how that is affected by us leaving the EU.

-Matt

-Matt

OK, I'm genuinely curious now... what is the impact of Brexit on importing dogs to the UK? Or are you saying you won't buy EU dogs in some kind of protest? I know there is the pet passport programme. No idea if and/or how that is affected by us leaving the EU.

-Matt"

So what do you think about the chicken that says it's a horse then that's a stable joke, very light hearted like this forum is meant to be lol

Now I'm confused. Is this really about dogs? I thought it was an analogy.

Although you did ask how would you support Brexit? Buying local could boost our own production of goods and create jobs. But it's far more complex. It depends what Brexit is achieving.

Cambridge

I buy what's best for me. That isn't always the cheapest, or always the best, but the one that overall has the best mix of characteristics of value to me. If it's British so be it, but I'm not going to buy something of a lower value to me, which could be worse quality, higher price etc. just because it's British.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

lolol

It is if it identifies as such "

"I buy what's best for me. That isn't always the cheapest, or always the best, but the one that overall has the best mix of characteristics of value to me. If it's British so be it, but I'm not going to buy something of a lower value to me, which could be worse quality, higher price etc. just because it's British."

I agree it has to be about quality as well as price

"Now I'm confused. Is this really about dogs? I thought it was an analogy.

Although you did ask how would you support Brexit? Buying local could boost our own production of goods and create jobs. But it's far more complex. It depends what Brexit is achieving. "

Hopefully it will achieve great things for the uk

"Now I'm confused. Is this really about dogs? I thought it was an analogy.

Although you did ask how would you support Brexit? Buying local could boost our own production of goods and create jobs. But it's far more complex. It depends what Brexit is achieving.

Hopefully it will achieve great things for the uk"

And it's only about dogs if your going to buy one from Britain or importing one from abroad or anything else you purchase

» Add a new message to this topic