FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Italy sends a tough message to the eu - nomore

Italy sends a tough message to the eu - nomore

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The italian interior minister matteo salvini said "We have already done our part, understood? "

It comes after a new migrant boat was rejected, whats your view of what they have done? I can see their point of view as they are at the forefront of it all.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Really not sure what Italy's problem is. As far as I am aware the vast majority of migrants landing in Italy are transient, as soon as they have been properly documented they move north as it is the Northern European countries are their chosen destinations, and funnily enough I do not hear the same outcry's from them.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

The erosion of empathy for other human beings - the common tactic of the far right to justify ever more repugnant treatment of those they consider to be sub-human.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Who is responsible for Italy's borders?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Who is responsible for Italy's borders? "

Italy

Italy, but each eu country have a quota of them they have take in.

[Removed by poster at 15/07/18 17:24:12]

"Really not sure what Italy's problem is. As far as I am aware the vast majority of migrants landing in Italy are transient, as soon as they have been properly documented they move north as it is the Northern European countries are their chosen destinations, and funnily enough I do not hear the same outcry's from them."

"The erosion of empathy for other human beings - the common tactic of the far right to justify ever more repugnant treatment of those they consider to be sub-human."

Plenty of people on this forum are fully behind the dehumanising of these people.

"The erosion of empathy for other human beings - the common tactic of the far right to justify ever more repugnant treatment of those they consider to be sub-human.

Plenty of people on this forum are fully behind the dehumanising of these people. "

Should we just ferry over whoever wants to come?

Cambridge

"Who is responsible for Italy's borders?

Italy"

Exactly, so nothing to do with EU.

Cambridge

"Who is responsible for Italy's borders? Italy, but each eu country have a quota of them they have take in."

What's our (UK) quota to take?

Italy

Exactly, so nothing to do with EU."

Who said it was?

Cambridge

Italy

Who said it was?"

Read the title of the thread and the answer shall reveal itself

Italy

Who said it was?

Read the title of the thread and the answer shall reveal itself "

I have and nowhere does it say that the EU are responsible for Italy’s borders. Does it?

Cambridge

"

Lol, thick as mince

"

"The erosion of empathy for other human beings - the common tactic of the far right to justify ever more repugnant treatment of those they consider to be sub-human.

Plenty of people on this forum are fully behind the dehumanising of these people.

Should we just ferry over whoever wants to come?"

Should we let them perish?

Italy

Who said it was?

Read the title of the thread and the answer shall reveal itself "

It have. I take it you are unaware about schengen?

Cambridge

Italy

Who said it was?

Read the title of the thread and the answer shall reveal itself It have. I take it you are unaware about schengen?"

I'm aware of schengen, what's that got to do with the migrant boat in your OP? Did they all have schengen visas?

Italy

Who said it was?

Read the title of the thread and the answer shall reveal itself It have. I take it you are unaware about schengen?

I'm aware of schengen, what's that got to do with the migrant boat in your OP? Did they all have schengen visas? "

Good you are, it means that eu are forcing italy to accept them by the loads, not just that boat, many more, even tho they dont want them.

Cambridge

Italy

Who said it was?

Read the title of the thread and the answer shall reveal itself It have. I take it you are unaware about schengen?

I'm aware of schengen, what's that got to do with the migrant boat in your OP? Did they all have schengen visas? Good you are, it means that eu are forcing italy to accept them by the loads, not just that boat, many more, even tho they dont want them."

How? If they are given a schengen visa, they can travel anywhere, how are they kept in Italy? How is the big bad EU doing this? Does it have boats that are issuing schengen visas to people?

Italy

Who said it was?

I'm aware of schengen, what's that got to do with the migrant boat in your OP? Did they all have schengen visas? Good you are, it means that eu are forcing italy to accept them by the loads, not just that boat, many more, even tho they dont want them.

How? If they are given a schengen visa, they can travel anywhere, how are they kept in Italy? How is the big bad EU doing this? Does it have boats that are issuing schengen visas to people? "

Eu is not bad, although these are illegas. I feel like eu is abusing the schengen by not having controlled immigration. I can see the collapse of it.

Cambridge

Italy

Who said it was?

I'm aware of schengen, what's that got to do with the migrant boat in your OP? Did they all have schengen visas? Good you are, it means that eu are forcing italy to accept them by the loads, not just that boat, many more, even tho they dont want them.

How? If they are given a schengen visa, they can travel anywhere, how are they kept in Italy? How is the big bad EU doing this? Does it have boats that are issuing schengen visas to people? Eu is not bad, although these are illegas. I feel like eu is abusing the schengen by not having controlled immigration. I can see the collapse of it."

What does schengen have to do with illegals?

Italy

Who said it was?

How? If they are given a schengen visa, they can travel anywhere, how are they kept in Italy? How is the big bad EU doing this? Does it have boats that are issuing schengen visas to people? Eu is not bad, although these are illegas. I feel like eu is abusing the schengen by not having controlled immigration. I can see the collapse of it.

What does schengen have to do with illegals? "

That they have to have open borders for them.

Cambridge

Italy

Who said it was?

How? If they are given a schengen visa, they can travel anywhere, how are they kept in Italy? How is the big bad EU doing this? Does it have boats that are issuing schengen visas to people? Eu is not bad, although these are illegas. I feel like eu is abusing the schengen by not having controlled immigration. I can see the collapse of it.

What does schengen have to do with illegals? That they have to have open borders for them."

No it doesn't

By *oubepoMan  over a year ago

Spain Portugal France

The EU initially welcomed and encouraged migrants to make the dangerous crossing

It encouraged more and more migrants, to risk their lives

Germany now puts the immigrants it once welcomed into detention centres

This weekend I was on the beaches of Tarifa and Bolonia, Southern Spain and counted 7 broken boats in the sand while walking 2km - all migrant boats

You can all argue about who controls the borders but it was EU policy which has caused these needless deaths

It's the same failed policy which now holds imigrants in detention centres

Italy

Who said it was?

What does schengen have to do with illegals? That they have to have open borders for them.

No it doesn't "

We have to agree to disagree.

Cambridge

Italy

Who said it was?

What does schengen have to do with illegals? That they have to have open borders for them.

No it doesn't We have to agree to disagree."

Schengen is a visa programme basically, illegals don't have visas. Also countries can reintroduce border checks whenever they want.

Italy

Who said it was?

What does schengen have to do with illegals? That they have to have open borders for them."

Not quite right. Freedom of movement within the EU is only 90 days and that includes schengen. Over 90 days you have to have enough capital to support yourselves, comprehensive medical cover and not be a security risk!!!

As these people are "refugees" or economic migrants they come under different rules. Refugees/ asylum seekers are handle in accordance with the Geneva convention - not the EU! Economic migrants meet none of the 3 rules for freedom of movement rules and depending on origin require visas to enter the EU. None of them have the required documentation hence are "illegal" and there under the EU directive other states are not obliged to take them. Trust this clarifies.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

It can also be argued that a huge gaping exit hole exists along the coast of Africa because France and the UK took it upon themselves to destroy the regime that policed this coastline.

Spain Portugal France

The EU initially welcomed and encouraged migrants to make the dangerous crossing

This weekend I was on the beaches of Tarifa and Bolonia, Southern Spain and counted 7 broken boats in the sand while walking 2km - all migrant boats

You can all argue about who controls the borders but it was EU policy which has caused these needless deaths

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Really not sure what Italy's problem is. As far as I am aware the vast majority of migrants landing in Italy are transient, as soon as they have been properly documented they move north as it is the Northern European countries are their chosen destinations, and funnily enough I do not hear the same outcry's from them."
You do not see what the problem is,get real this mess is costing them on there own a fortune.

You make it sound like these people are visiting the housing department or something.If only it was that simple.Lets put 100 refugees in your house or flat see how you like it

upton wirral

Italy so they have a right to refuse entry to these boats,they are being used by the Germans like they where in world war 2.

The EU is just saying there on your coast you sort it out,what a great group of team players the EU countries are!!!

Cambridge

"Really not sure what Italy's problem is. As far as I am aware the vast majority of migrants landing in Italy are transient, as soon as they have been properly documented they move north as it is the Northern European countries are their chosen destinations, and funnily enough I do not hear the same outcry's from them.You do not see what the problem is,get real this mess is costing them on there own a fortune.

You make it sound like these people are visiting the housing department or something.If only it was that simple.Lets put 100 refugees in your house or flat see how you like it"

What a load of shit. Which government has put 100 refugees into the house of a private citizen against their will?

Cambridge

"Who is responsible for Italy's borders? Italy so they have a right to refuse entry to these boats,they are being used by the Germans like they where in world war 2.

The EU is just saying there on your coast you sort it out,what a great group of team players the EU countries are!!!"

So is Italy's coast theirs to sort out, or are they relying on the EU to sort it out for them?

Your first paragraph is contradicted by your second.

upton wirral

"Really not sure what Italy's problem is. As far as I am aware the vast majority of migrants landing in Italy are transient, as soon as they have been properly documented they move north as it is the Northern European countries are their chosen destinations, and funnily enough I do not hear the same outcry's from them.You do not see what the problem is,get real this mess is costing them on there own a fortune.

You make it sound like these people are visiting the housing department or something.If only it was that simple.Lets put 100 refugees in your house or flat see how you like it

What a load of shit. Which government has put 100 refugees into the house of a private citizen against their will? "

No government stupid,but you do not understand simple,I used to think you where quite clever but if you do not understand what I am saying I do doubt you have any intelligence.Anyway not my problem

Cambridge

What a load of shit. Which government has put 100 refugees into the house of a private citizen against their will? No government stupid,but you do not understand simple,I used to think you where quite clever but if you do not understand what I am saying I do doubt you have any intelligence.Anyway not my problem"

Don't say stupid things about putting 100 refugees into people's houses then.

I understand plenty about refugees, I bet I've known a hell of a lot more of them than you have.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"

"

I noticed you've posted this same comment in the thread twice now and it's been completely ignored by the bleeding heart liberal left EU luvvies on here.

Any mention of Donald Trump and detention centres for illegal immigrants in America and they are all over it like a rash! Angela Merkel puts in detention centres in Germany for illegal immigrants and not a single peep on here about it from these same people who love to shout their mouths off about Donald Trump. The double standards and hypocrisy is truly astounding!

upton wirral

"

I noticed you've posted this same comment in the thread twice now and it's been completely ignored by the bleeding heart liberal left EU luvvies on here.

Any mention of Donald Trump and detention centres for illegal immigrants in America and they are all over it like a rash! Angela Merkel puts in detention centres in Germany for illegal immigrants and not a single peep on here about it from these same people who love to shout their mouths off about Donald Trump. The double standards and hypocrisy is truly astounding! "

I like this well said

Cambridge

"

Any mention of Donald Trump and detention centres for illegal immigrants in America and they are all over it like a rash! Angela Merkel puts in detention centres in Germany for illegal immigrants and not a single peep on here about it from these same people who love to shout their mouths off about Donald Trump. The double standards and hypocrisy is truly astounding! "

You are either ignorant of the subject at hand, or deliberately trolling.

Which one is it?

Italy is

What the Italians should do is ITALEXIT, asap, and tell the migrants to fuck off.

The EU is like an incurable parasite, but there is actually a cure, as we will one day prove...

"What the Italians should do is ITALEXIT, asap, and tell the migrants to fuck off.

The EU is like an incurable parasite, but there is actually a cure, as we will one day prove..."

Did they just do it and are still in the EU?

I can see a new eu forming with the slavic countries as the super state as we see a shift in politics.

Spain Portugal France

"

Agreed - the only difference between Trump and Merkel - is Trump inherited the migrant problem from Obama

Merkel is responsible for initiating the influx of imigrants herself and has lost control, not only in Germany but across Europe

"

Any mention of Donald Trump and detention centres for illegal immigrants in America and they are all over it like a rash! Angela Merkel puts in detention centres in Germany for illegal immigrants and not a single peep on here about it from these same people who love to shout their mouths off about Donald Trump. The double standards and hypocrisy is truly astounding!

Agreed - the only difference between Trump and Merkel - is Trump inherited the migrant problem from Obama

Merkel is responsible for initiating the influx of imigrants herself and has lost control, not only in Germany but across Europe "

I think you'll find decades of the US destabilising Central America countries caused mass migration .Its well documented.

Blaming obama alone is absurd yet says much about your politics.Luckily most of us arent so silly to blame one president .

Cambridge

"

Merkel is responsible for initiating the influx of imigrants herself and has lost control, not only in Germany but across Europe "

Every country in the world has immigration detention centres. That's not what the world is pissed off about when it comes to what trump has been doing.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Mrs Merkel runs the eu ...from top to bottom

Spain Portugal France

"

Merkel is responsible for initiating the influx of imigrants herself and has lost control, not only in Germany but across Europe

I think you'll find decades of the US destabilising Central America countries caused mass migration .Its well documented.

Blaming obama alone is absurd yet says much about your politics.Luckily most of us arent so silly to blame one president .

"

I didn't single out Obama specifically for blame - I mearly stated that Trump inherited the problem from Obama

In contrast Merkel didn't inherit a migrant problem - she encouraged one

Admittedly the European migrant problem comes after a long failure of US foreign policy in the Middle East

Which incidentally and most recently includes 8 years of Obama bombing innocent civilians and carrying out drone attacks for his entire 8 year term

Spain Portugal France

"

Every country in the world has immigration detention centres. That's not what the world is pissed off about when it comes to what trump has been doing."

Not every country has immigration detention centres

And the rest of the World isn't pissed off with Trump

It's mostly Clinton supporters and UK Remain supporters who are pissed off about losing their battles and can't let it go

The rest of the World either couldn't give a damn or see him as slightly eccentric - Unless you are a Trump supporting American of course, then you see him being re-elected in 2020 - which he probably will

Cambridge

"

Every country in the world has immigration detention centres. That's not what the world is pissed off about when it comes to what trump has been doing.

It's mostly Clinton supporters and UK Remain supporters who are pissed off about losing their battles and can't let it go

The rest of the World either couldn't give a damn or see him as slightly eccentric - Unless you are a Trump supporting American of course, then you see him being re-elected in 2020 - which he probably will "

Which counties don't have immigration detention centres?

Trump's policy had made headlines around the world, because people around the world do care.

"

The rest of the World either couldn't give a damn or see him as slightly eccentric - Unless you are a Trump supporting American of course, then you see him being re-elected in 2020 - which he probably will "

That's a nice story.

Utterly wrong, but a nice story

Cambridge

"

The rest of the World either couldn't give a damn or see him as slightly eccentric - Unless you are a Trump supporting American of course, then you see him being re-elected in 2020 - which he probably will

Trump's policy had made headlines around the world, because people around the world do care. "

What a surprise, 2 days later and still no answer as to which countries don't have immigration detention centres.

"

Trump's policy had made headlines around the world, because people around the world do care.

What a surprise, 2 days later and still no answer as to which countries don't have immigration detention centres. "

The UK has immigration removal centres.

Cambridge

"

What a surprise, 2 days later and still no answer as to which countries don't have immigration detention centres.

The UK has immigration removal centres."

Which countries don't?

"

Which countries don't? "

The UK doesn't have immigration detention centres it has immigration removal centres.

Cambridge

"

Which countries don't?

The UK doesn't have immigration detention centres it has immigration removal centres."

Which detain people who have committed immigration offences. Otherwise they would be called airports!

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Are you joking have you been to the foot of Italy lately if so you would know what their problem is.

"Really not sure what Italy's problem is. As far as I am aware the vast majority of migrants landing in Italy are transient, as soon as they have been properly documented they move north as it is the Northern European countries are their chosen destinations, and funnily enough I do not hear the same outcry's from them.Are you joking have you been to the foot of Italy lately if so you would know what their problem is."
That is right with naples as one of the most dangerous places in eurupe.

Cambridge

"Really not sure what Italy's problem is. As far as I am aware the vast majority of migrants landing in Italy are transient, as soon as they have been properly documented they move north as it is the Northern European countries are their chosen destinations, and funnily enough I do not hear the same outcry's from them.Are you joking have you been to the foot of Italy lately if so you would know what their problem is.That is right with naples as one of the most dangerous places in eurupe."

Not Sweden?

"Really not sure what Italy's problem is. As far as I am aware the vast majority of migrants landing in Italy are transient, as soon as they have been properly documented they move north as it is the Northern European countries are their chosen destinations, and funnily enough I do not hear the same outcry's from them.Are you joking have you been to the foot of Italy lately if so you would know what their problem is.That is right with naples as one of the most dangerous places in eurupe.

Not Sweden? "

Not yet, malmö is the 2nd one, according to the last rankings, but I would say it is the 1st one now.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Once the britex deal is completed in some way ...italy and France next for exits from the eu...

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"Once the britex deal is completed in some way ...italy and France next for exits from the eu..."

I'm not sure if France would want to leave! It'll be hard enough finding the cash for their pensions with the uk gone. There's no way they could afford it on their own!

» Add a new message to this topic