FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Pure hatred on display

Pure hatred on display

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok so this week in Northern Ireland we're going to see potentially provokative sectarian marches and bonfires where Irish flags, Catholic symbols and even effigies of people are burned. Why is this tolerated? I don't care about the Catholic church or religion in general but if this was hatred towards Islam/Judaism etc.. it would be crushed straight away or you'd have protestors outside of the nationalist trying to counter the marches.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah it’s fucked up

The same is happening here in scotland a priest was spat on and near assaulted with a baton on saturday when an orange order marched past his chapel parishioners wear verbaly abused all because they are catholic its a bloody disgrace that this is being allowed to happen with the police doing mothing to stop it and shame on glasgow council and all other councils who let these sectarian bigots march through our streets

By *urve BallWoman  over a year ago

North London

Wait until the border goes up...

"The same is happening here in scotland a priest was spat on and near assaulted with a baton on saturday when an orange order marched past his chapel parishioners wear verbaly abused all because they are catholic its a bloody disgrace that this is being allowed to happen with the police doing mothing to stop it and shame on glasgow council and all other councils who let these sectarian bigots march through our streets "

Ya I just don't understand why this is tolerated but if it was another religion it wouldn't be. Year after year this is allowed even when (especially in Northern Ireland) it could cause serious trouble. All sectarian marches should be banned on both sides.

"The same is happening here in scotland a priest was spat on and near assaulted with a baton on saturday when an orange order marched past his chapel parishioners wear verbaly abused all because they are catholic its a bloody disgrace that this is being allowed to happen with the police doing mothing to stop it and shame on glasgow council and all other councils who let these sectarian bigots march through our streets

Ya I just don't understand why this is tolerated but if it was another religion it wouldn't be. Year after year this is allowed even when (especially in Northern Ireland) it could cause serious trouble. All sectarian marches should be banned on both sides. "

Yea i agree but the bigotry comes from the very top the royals and the goverment with the act of parliament that is bigoted sectarian and anti -catholic so things wont change anytime soon

[Removed by poster at 11/07/18 11:48:16]

There was shots fired last night in Derry last night apparently,

Add a border to the mix and it will be a blood bath

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Unfortunately, Britain has a long and shameful history of sectarianism.

It wasn't that long ago that Rees-Mogg would have been prohibited from standing for Parliament because his loyalty was perceived to be a foreign head of state (the Pope) and not the protestant head of state here.

I read about the episode in Glasgow at the weekend and was disgusted, but not surprised.

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

It's the the ivory Coast I feel sorry for they've done nothing and yet their flag is burned too

"It's the the ivory Coast I feel sorry for they've done nothing and yet their flag is burned too "

Haha dumbfucks lol

Yes there is no room for religious marches of any kind....Religion is for the church of your choice, not your school or any other state funded body

"Yes there is no room for religious marches of any kind....Religion is for the church of your choice, not your school or any other state funded body "

Why shouldnt religion be taught in school ?

"Ok so this week in Northern Ireland we're going to see potentially provokative sectarian marches and bonfires where Irish flags, Catholic symbols and even effigies of people are burned. Why is this tolerated? I don't care about the Catholic church or religion in general but if this was hatred towards Islam/Judaism etc.. it would be crushed straight away or you'd have protestors outside of the nationalist trying to counter the marches. "
No one is compelled to watch or participate in any of the marches in Northern Ireland ( applies to all marches from either side of the sectarian divide .

Like it or not Marches in Northern Ireland are part of a long standing tradition from either side .

It is difficult to see why any balanced person would get upset with flags being burned .

It's an open act of hate against their neighbours. Flags, effigies, religious symbols all burned. Anti Catholic songs are sang loudly. Acts of hate is ok if its "part of your culture?" St Patricks day parades good, orange order parades not so good. Massive bonfires like that wouldn't even be permitted anywhere else either.

Those bonfires endanger houses and ruin communal areas as well.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"It's an open act of hate against their neighbours. Flags, effigies, religious symbols all burned. Anti Catholic songs are sang loudly. Acts of hate is ok if its "part of your culture?" St Patricks day parades good, orange order parades not so good. Massive bonfires like that wouldn't even be permitted anywhere else either. "

And yet pretty much the same thing happens here, in England, every year on 5th November when we all light fires and often burn effigies of the Catholic traitor Guy Fawlks.

I do this myself almost every year and think nothing of it. And I'm Catholic myself.

Whilst I don't condone the acts of hate that go along with some of these marches I have no problem with the marches themselves. In fact I've even stoop and watched some of the Orange Order marches in Liverpool in the past, they're quite good sometimes.

Tolerance is a two way street and you won't beet intolerance with more intolerance, only by actually tolerating that which can be tolerated will you defeat it. A bunch of people marching with flags; red, white and blue, or orange, white and green; is something I have no problems tolerating.

"It's an open act of hate against their neighbours. Flags, effigies, religious symbols all burned. Anti Catholic songs are sang loudly. Acts of hate is ok if its "part of your culture?" St Patricks day parades good, orange order parades not so good. Massive bonfires like that wouldn't even be permitted anywhere else either.

And yet pretty much the same thing happens here, in England, every year on 5th November when we all light fires and often burn effigies of the Catholic traitor Guy Fawlks.

I do this myself almost every year and think nothing of it. And I'm Catholic myself.

Whilst I don't condone the acts of hate that go along with some of these marches I have no problem with the marches themselves. In fact I've even stoop and watched some of the Orange Order marches in Liverpool in the past, they're quite good sometimes.

Tolerance is a two way street and you won't beet intolerance with more intolerance, only by actually tolerating that which can be tolerated will you defeat it. A bunch of people marching with flags; red, white and blue, or orange, white and green; is something I have no problems tolerating."

You probably wouldn't get it unless you're Irish. Just replace Catholic symbols with Jewish ones or Muslim ones, replace singing about being up to your knees in fenian blood with muslim or Jewish blood etc.. They're scumbags and it shouldn't be tolerated. Just cause they look good when they march it's ok? It's provokative and moving forward is impossible when this behaviour continues. Same goes for any Irish groups doing the opposite, it's not as common though.

Here we go!!

THE SASH CHORUS

It is old but it is beautiful. Its colours they are fine It was worn at Derry, Aughrim, Enniskillen and the Boyne My Father wore it as a youth in the bygone days of yore And its on the Twelfth I long to wear, the Sash my Father wore.

Always in support of our loyalist brethren.

In defense of the police here- they are there to uphold the law. The participants have permission to march - the Police can't stop them once they are ok'd to proceed.

I've seen marches from both Protestant and Catholic factions, both bilious but often wonder, how much is this actually about religion and how much about tribilism? Rhetorical, probably.

The Orangemen could not insist on marching through predominantly Catholic areas.

But they won't, because they're absolute cunts.

Could-'should'?

Well, it is only one option available to them.

They could also march into the sea.

That's not how it works. Anyone who marches does not have the final say on the route. It's decided by the council, with Police input, before the license to march is granted.

The orange order propose the route.

They also make it clear to the parades commission and everyone else they're going to raise absolute hell if they don't get their own way.

So yeah, they could make a proposal that doesn't involve traipsing through Catholic areas, but, as previously mentioned, they won't because they're absolute cunts.

They may prose the route but they don't have the final say.

They may prose the route but they don't have the final say.

They may prose the route but they don't have the final say. And by 'they', it applies to all marches, not just Orange ones.

"They may prose the route but they don't have the final say."

Sure, but then surely the problem starts with the proposed route.

Nobody forces them to march where they're not wanted, they make the choice themselves.

That it gets the OK has more to do with what has happened in past when the order was told to go fuck themselves. The Garvaghy road incident still looms large in people's minds.

"Here we go!!

THE SASH CHORUS

It is old but it is beautiful. Its colours they are fine It was worn at Derry, Aughrim, Enniskillen and the Boyne My Father wore it as a youth in the bygone days of yore And its on the Twelfth I long to wear, the Sash my Father wore.

Always in support of our loyalist brethren."

A 50 year old man who calls himself a geezer you do realise that your loyalist brethren (orange order) would disown you for being bisexual you clearly haven't a clue about any of the history of Ireland

"Here we go!!

THE SASH CHORUS

A 50 year old man who calls himself a geezer you do realise that your loyalist brethren (orange order) would disown you for being bisexual you clearly haven't a clue about any of the history of Ireland "

You don’t have to be an Orangeman to be a loyalist. As for the personal bit about my sexuality. It is supposed to say bicurious, in other words I don’t actually know. If I ever do get it on with another male, I will change my prof to bisexual. In the meantime I don’t even know if I could?

But thank you for your concern, pointless and un genuine as it..

As far as I'm aware, there are no 'Catholic areas' in Glasgow.

Banning the marches-all of them- would be illiberal, but maybe it has come to that.

"As far as I'm aware, there are no 'Catholic areas' in Glasgow.

Banning the marches-all of them- would be illiberal, but maybe it has come to that. "

Given the existence of both old firms, imma say there is.

Less than 5% of all parades in Northern Ireland are republican or nationalist. Around 70% are unionist ones. I don't care for unionist parades in unionists or neutral areas but sectarian ones and ones where groups purposely try to provokate other I do. Orange order parades and bonfires etc... Purposely go out of their way to cause tension. This is Northern Ireland and it won't take much to trigger an angry response. You can be a unionist and you can be an orangeman but if you want to insult people in public and make sectarian gestures then be prepared for the backlash. The police are taking the fall out of it all.

"Here we go!!

THE SASH CHORUS

A 50 year old man who calls himself a geezer you do realise that your loyalist brethren (orange order) would disown you for being bisexual you clearly haven't a clue about any of the history of Ireland

You don’t have to be an Orangeman to be a loyalist. As for the personal bit about my sexuality. It is supposed to say bicurious, in other words I don’t actually know. If I ever do get it on with another male, I will change my prof to bisexual. In the meantime I don’t even know if I could?

But thank you for your concern, pointless and un genuine as it.."

You know the marches are done by the orange men to celebrate the battle of the Boyne (in County Meath) by William of Orange (a Dutch man) so if they are being loyal to anyone it's Holland

Banning the marches-all of them- would be illiberal, but maybe it has come to that.

Given the existence of both old firms, imma say there is."

You might but you'd be wrong.

Given the existence of both old firms, imma say there is.

You might but you'd be wrong."

I doubt that.

You've never been there, then?

Glasgow is not Belfast.

"You've never been there, then?

Glasgow is not Belfast. "

I have, but it's been a long time. I spent most of my years in Scotland on the other coast.

Garngard ,royston and calton areas of glasgow are well known as being catholic areas

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Wait until the border goes up..."
Will not happen

"Garngard ,royston and calton areas of glasgow are well known as being catholic areas "

That was my half remembered version of it, but I couldn't be 100% sure - isn't Bridgeton the Protestant part?

"Garngard ,royston and calton areas of glasgow are well known as being catholic areas

That was my half remembered version of it, but I couldn't be 100% sure - isn't Bridgeton the Protestant part?"

Yes and larkhall its just a pity it still goes on as glasgow is a great city

» Add a new message to this topic