FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Police officers successful appeal

Police officers successful appeal

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mateur100 OP   Man 20 hours ago

nr faversham

Two Met officers offered their jobs back and 2 years back pay having been cleared of lying. Good news and good luck to them both

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iman2100Man 19 hours ago

Glasgow

"Two Met officers offered their jobs back and 2 years back pay having been cleared of lying. Good news and good luck to them both "

I am confused by this case. The officers were in another vehicle and pulled over a car with closed windows "because it smelled of cannabis?" That is one hell of a sense of smell! Looking at the way the innocent couple was treated was awful and looked just like racial targeting. I hope the police get sacked again.

By *astandFeistyCouple 19 hours ago

Bournemouth

"Two Met officers offered their jobs back and 2 years back pay having been cleared of lying. Good news and good luck to them both

I am confused by this case. The officers were in another vehicle and pulled over a car with closed windows "because it smelled of cannabis?" That is one hell of a sense of smell! Looking at the way the innocent couple was treated was awful and looked just like racial targeting. I hope the police get sacked again. "

They didn't pull over the car because it smelled of cannabis.

I said at the time it looked like racial profiling, but let's stick with facts.

By *mateur100 OP   Man 19 hours ago

nr faversham

"Two Met officers offered their jobs back and 2 years back pay having been cleared of lying. Good news and good luck to them both

I am confused by this case. The officers were in another vehicle and pulled over a car with closed windows "because it smelled of cannabis?" That is one hell of a sense of smell! Looking at the way the innocent couple was treated was awful and looked just like racial targeting. I hope the police get sacked again. "

Cleared on appeal in the eyes of the law so you can hope until the cows come home.

By *idnight RamblerMan 19 hours ago

Pershore

I am confused by this case. The officers were in another vehicle and pulled over a car with closed windows "because it smelled of cannabis?" That is one hell of a sense of smell! Looking at the way the innocent couple was treated was awful and looked just like racial targeting. I hope the police get sacked again.

I said at the time it looked like racial profiling, but let's stick with facts. "

Excellent result which allows police to do their jobs without fear of falling victim to the race card.

By *mateur100 OP   Man 19 hours ago

nr faversham

I said at the time it looked like racial profiling, but let's stick with facts.

Excellent result which allows police to do their jobs without fear of falling victim to the race card. "

By *eard and TattsCouple 8 hours ago

Cwmbran

Are you a driver? You can smell cannabis from other vehicles quite easily

By *otMe66Man 4 hours ago

Terra Firma

The question people need to ask themselves is whether they want the police to be proactive or reactive.

If you don't support proactive policing expect a rise in crime, if you do support proactive policing you should expect that some people will be approached who are not breaking the law.

In either case, if people stopped being so angry the escalation of force when stopped would not be so severe.

Being aggressive is not a human right if you are innocent.

By *ovebjsMan 4 hours ago

Bristol

Are you a driver? You can smell cannabis from other vehicles quite easily "

Smell it every day all around the streets and behind cars 👍

But it was the erratic driving that got the attention

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan 4 hours ago

Hopefully the Manchester airport police will be back in work soon as well and the two Men involved are banged up

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 3 hours ago

Glasgow

"The question people need to ask themselves is whether they want the police to be proactive or reactive.

If you don't support proactive policing expect a rise in crime, if you do support proactive policing you should expect that some people will be approached who are not breaking the law.

In either case, if people stopped being so angry the escalation of force when stopped would not be so severe.

Being aggressive is not a human right if you are innocent. "

I support proactive policing, but I've myself witnessed several incidents, where the police seemed to be bored and wanted to show their authority.

One obvious one was, I was stopped several times in a very short period, while driving through a area in Glasgow. After producing my documents and them checking information on my car registration and driving licence I was cleared.

After the 3rd stop I asked the officer, why my car had been pulled over. Because he had did a uturn to follow me after passing me. I was told because a banned driver with a car of thesame model and colour of mines, lived in the area.

I said surely you have his vehicle registration and could simply follow my car and do a radio check on my registration, without pulling me over with flashing blue light. I was told they could, but this was just as easy.

By *ools and the brainCouple 2 hours ago

couple, us we him her.

The sheer volume of wrongdoing in general these days must be practically impossible to police, occasionally they are going to get it wrong.

It sounds a bit blasé but I'd prefer the police carry on pulling people and occasionally getting it wrong than not bothering because they are scared to upset people.

By *emma StonesTV/TS 1 hour ago

Crewe

It was a bizarre decision by the IOPC in the first place. 3 officers said they could smell cannabis. They believed one but decided that the other two were lying.

» Add a new message to this topic