FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Marshall Law

Marshall Law

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lik and Paul OP   Couple 1 day ago

Flagrante

Now I know that insurance companies protect themselves against likely losses but my home insurance renewal now has a clause which says they won't pay out against losses arising from Marshall law imposed by either central or local government. Are we really heading in this direction?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *idnight RamblerMan 1 day ago

Pershore

"Now I know that insurance companies protect themselves against likely losses but my home insurance renewal now has a clause which says they won't pay out against losses arising from Marshall law imposed by either central or local government. Are we really heading in this direction?"

I'm impressed you read the small print. Any other weasily exceptions we need to be aware of?

Flagrante

"Now I know that insurance companies protect themselves against likely losses but my home insurance renewal now has a clause which says they won't pay out against losses arising from Marshall law imposed by either central or local government. Are we really heading in this direction?

I'm impressed you read the small print. Any other weasily exceptions we need to be aware of?"

There's severe weather clauses which now includes levels or rain, snow and wind (measured on the Beaufort scale) plus hail that breaks windows that aren't covered....plus they want a 20% premium increase.

By *altenkommandoMan 1 day ago

milton keynes

"Now I know that insurance companies protect themselves against likely losses but my home insurance renewal now has a clause which says they won't pay out against losses arising from Marshall law imposed by either central or local government. Are we really heading in this direction?"

I wouldn’t worry, to impose Marshal Law you need either a military or an armed militia/police. The armed forces are in a shit state, the police are too busy arresting people for thought crimes on Facebook while the Prison Service is accidentally letting out the wrong people on early release.

Flagrante

"Now I know that insurance companies protect themselves against likely losses but my home insurance renewal now has a clause which says they won't pay out against losses arising from Marshall law imposed by either central or local government. Are we really heading in this direction?

I wouldn’t worry, to impose Marshal Law you need either a military or an armed militia/police. The armed forces are in a shit state, the police are too busy arresting people for thought crimes on Facebook while the Prison Service is accidentally letting out the wrong people on early release. "

...yep the police appear to be doing exactly what the government are telling them to do...easy enough to switch their focus.

By *irldnCouple 1 day ago

Brighton

Who is this chap Marshall and why does he have his own law?????

Sorry to be a pedant but assume you mean Martial Law

Flagrante

"Who is this chap Marshall and why does he have his own law?????

Sorry to be a pedant but assume you mean Martial Law "

Quite right to be pedantic and of course you are correct...it was early, for me when I typed this

By *uninlondon69Man 1 day ago

Tower Bridge South

"

There's severe weather clauses which now includes levels or rain, snow and wind (measured on the Beaufort scale) plus hail that breaks windows that aren't covered....plus they want a 20% premium increase. "

Odd for a to be specific on the Beaufort scale. Sounds like they might payout to a claim for damage if you tell them it was 100mph gusts but not if you say it was force 10!

Flagrante

"

There's severe weather clauses which now includes levels or rain, snow and wind (measured on the Beaufort scale) plus hail that breaks windows that aren't covered....plus they want a 20% premium increase.

Odd for a to be specific on the Beaufort scale. Sounds like they might payout to a claim for damage if you tell them it was 100mph gusts but not if you say it was force 10!"

They are always tinkering with weather stuff...it was the martial (correct spelling ) law bit that was concerning.

By *irldnCouple 1 day ago

Brighton

"

Odd for a to be specific on the Beaufort scale. Sounds like they might payout to a claim for damage if you tell them it was 100mph gusts but not if you say it was force 10!

They are always tinkering with weather stuff...it was the martial (correct spelling ) law bit that was concerning."

It is sneaky. Insurance companies are assholes who try to wriggle out of everything! Makes you wonder why so many are keen on privatisation of the NHS and moving to an insurance based system!

By *otMe66Man 1 day ago

Terra Firma

"

They are always tinkering with weather stuff...it was the martial (correct spelling ) law bit that was concerning.

It is sneaky. Insurance companies are assholes who try to wriggle out of everything! Makes you wonder why so many are keen on privatisation of the NHS and moving to an insurance based system!"

Underwriters make the rules of the policies, the insurer provides insurance and takes the financial risk.

Flagrante

I would have liked to be a fly on the wall for the meeting where the risk of martial law was discussed.

By *AJMLKTV/TS 1 day ago

Burley

Insurance companies used to not pay out for "acts of God". Does this now include acts of Allah, Shiva, Ganesh, druids and Jedi masters?

By *uninlondon69Man 1 day ago

Tower Bridge South

"Insurance companies used to not pay out for "acts of God". Does this now include acts of Allah, Shiva, Ganesh, druids and Jedi masters? "

What happens if you are in a car accident with Robbie Fowler?

By *melie LALWoman 23 hours ago

Peterborough

"Who is this chap Marshall and why does he have his own law?????

Sorry to be a pedant but assume you mean Marital Law "

FTFY

What's the Mrs or you been up to

By *allySlinkyWoman 10 hours ago

Leeds

"

Sorry to be a pedant but assume you mean Martial Law "

Or Martian Law so you can't claim for damages after an Alien attack

» Add a new message to this topic