FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The “next” but one Conservative Party Leader will vow to rejoin the EU

The “next” but one Conservative Party Leader will vow to rejoin the EU

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple 2 days ago

North West

The next Conservative Party Leader will inevitably crash and burn as they are being chosen from a pool of talentless chancers. However, the one after this pending one will (in my opinion) acknowledge the mistake of Brexit and campaign to initially rejoin the CU and SM and then leave the door open for a future to rejoin the EU.

This is an obvious open door left open by Kier Starmer’s fear of tackling the Brexit financial deficit. Common sense will prevail again and if Starmer doesn’t react to the very obvious way of increasing revenues then the next but one Conservative Leader surely will.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 2 days ago

nearby

Inevitably we will rejoin the union in one guise or another.

By *ortyairCouple 2 days ago

Wallasey

We should never have left it, Mrs x

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 2 days ago

golden fields

"The next Conservative Party Leader will inevitably crash and burn as they are being chosen from a pool of talentless chancers. However, the one after this pending one will (in my opinion) acknowledge the mistake of Brexit and campaign to initially rejoin the CU and SM and then leave the door open for a future to rejoin the EU.

This is an obvious open door left open by Kier Starmer’s fear of tackling the Brexit financial deficit. Common sense will prevail again and if Starmer doesn’t react to the very obvious way of increasing revenues then the next but one Conservative Leader surely will.

"

"Common sense will prevail again"

I admire your faith, but can't see a return to any common sense anytime soon.

By *ostindreamsMan 2 days ago

London

By that time, the EU itself would become an irrelevant economic entity. So there would be no point.

By *mateur100Man 2 days ago

nr faversham

No, they won't

By *melie LALWoman 2 days ago

Peterborough

"The next Conservative Party Leader will inevitably crash and burn as they are being chosen from a pool of talentless chancers. However, the one after this pending one will (in my opinion) acknowledge the mistake of Brexit and campaign to initially rejoin the CU and SM and then leave the door open for a future to rejoin the EU.

"

Common sense in politicians? Nah

By *mateur100Man 2 days ago

nr faversham

Common sense in politicians? Nah "

Not politicians, it's down to public opinion, like it or not

By *altenkommandoMan 1 day ago

milton keynes

"

I suspect the reason Cleverly, and it will probably be him, with C&B will be because of an immediate tack to the quasi-Blairite centre ground and we will be back to the “2 cheeks of the same arse” scenario. Campaining to return to the sclerotic cess-pit of Franco-German self interest would just be the death of the Tories.

I voted against PR when the referendum happened, in hindsight I think if the system were right I’d vote in favour because if we had that in place Reform would have over 60 MPs and the Fib Dems fewer than 10, which was both the inverse of what happened and actually reflective of the quantum of the GE vote share.

The fact is that with the exception of the fanatical Remainers it’s over and done with, “normal people” have moved on and there’s no appetite to rejoin. What people care about now is the obvious causal link between uncontrolled mass immigration and the effects on the taxes to pay for the consequences, the squeeze on housing and public services it creates and rejoining the EU won’t solve that problem and will likely just exaccerbate it. If the Tories had gripped that problem then in all likelihood they would still be in power.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 1 day ago

golden fields

I suspect the reason Cleverly, and it will probably be him, with C&B will be because of an immediate tack to the quasi-Blairite centre ground and we will be back to the “2 cheeks of the same arse” scenario. Campaining to return to the sclerotic cess-pit of Franco-German self interest would just be the death of the Tories.

I voted against PR when the referendum happened, in hindsight I think if the system were right I’d vote in favour because if we had that in place Reform would have over 60 MPs and the Fib Dems fewer than 10, which was both the inverse of what happened and actually reflective of the quantum of the GE vote share.

The fact is that with the exception of the fanatical Remainers it’s over and done with, “normal people” have moved on and there’s no appetite to rejoin. What people care about now is the obvious causal link between uncontrolled mass immigration and the effects on the taxes to pay for the consequences, the squeeze on housing and public services it creates and rejoining the EU won’t solve that problem and will likely just exaccerbate it. If the Tories had gripped that problem then in all likelihood they would still be in power. "

I agree. The media has moved on, most people don't care or don't know the billions it's still costing the economy every year.

'Look at those people in that small boat over there.'

By *enSiskoMan 1 day ago

Cestus 3

How much do we think it will cost us to rejoin, and do the E.U want us back, on the terms we left them?

By *hrill CollinsMan 1 day ago

The Outer Rim

from now on in, parties that make being part of the EU will romp home at the ballot box.

By *exyusMan 1 day ago

halifax

All those who think we will rejoin the EU are seriously deluded and has time goes on it will be plain to see that it would not be in our best interests - time needed

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 1 day ago

golden fields

"How much do we think it will cost us to rejoin, and do the E.U want us back, on the terms we left them?"

Well we'll never get the same terms back we had before. Those privileges are gone.

What should be done is basically the opposite of before. Run a proper project to look at the best way to mitigate all the problems caused by Brexit, with applying to rejoin as one of the options. Find out all the info, and then make the best decision. Rather than the utter nonsensical bullshit that was pumped into people's homes persuading them to vote for this huge turd we have now.

By *hrill CollinsMan 1 day ago

The Outer Rim

we will definately rejoin the single market ..... the social media wave of support will probably start sometime in 2026. there will be some kind of action, be it a referendum or whatever aprox 8 after .... this way the 'once in a generation' garbage that was spouted by idiots will be irrelevant, cause most of that sort will be dead by then.

By *idnight RamblerMan 24 hours ago

Pershore

By their own admission, the EU is uncompetitive in the modern world order, yet we are talking about re-joining? Like "yeah, we'll have some of that!"

By *eroy1000Man 24 hours ago

milton keynes

"from now on in, parties that make being part of the EU will romp home at the ballot box."

I think there is a re join party with basically that single issue. Bit like ukip in reverse. Don't think they got much in the way of seats but early days. Lib dems seem to have gone a bit quiet on the subject but before were the main party for those that want to rejoin

By *ill69888Couple 23 hours ago

manchester

"from now on in, parties that make being part of the EU will romp home at the ballot box."
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

» Add a new message to this topic