FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Drivers to be hit the worst.

Drivers to be hit the worst.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aughty but nice 11 OP   Man 3 days ago

Liverpool

A report by fuel fare have said that drivers should prepare themselves for the worst as rachel reeves pland on a huge hike in fuel costs in the next budget.

Isn't that going to completely destroy the country and will raise inflation as everything will increase in cost because food, clothing, and pretty much everything gets delivered by vehicles, all businesses will pass on their costs to consumers.

There is 2 things that increases the costs of everything and that is fuel and energy bills.

Every person, every business this effects passes on their extra costs causing everything to go up.

Does this labour government even have a clue what its doing?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 3 days ago

nearby

"

"

On the economy, no

By *ormalfornorfolkMan 3 days ago

Norwich

"A report by fuel fare have said that drivers should prepare themselves for the worst as rachel reeves pland on a huge hike in fuel costs in the next budget.

Isn't that going to completely destroy the country and will raise inflation as everything will increase in cost because food, clothing, and pretty much everything gets delivered by vehicles, all businesses will pass on their costs to consumers.

There is 2 things that increases the costs of everything and that is fuel and energy bills.

Every person, every business this effects passes on their extra costs causing everything to go up.

"

Maybe we should wait and see what they actually do, and it’s actual long term effects rather than journalistic and other opinions, before we decide.

By *hrill CollinsMan 3 days ago

The Outer Rim

this time 2 years ago it shot up to 50p a litre more than it is now ..... now which party and pm/chancellor was in power then i wonder 🤔

By *estivalMan 2 days ago

borehamwood

"this time 2 years ago it shot up to 50p a litre more than it is now ..... now which party and pm/chancellor was in power then i wonder 🤔"
was that because the Chancellor put up fuel duty or was that because the price of oil shot up

By *otMe66Man 2 days ago

Terra Firma

"this time 2 years ago it shot up to 50p a litre more than it is now ..... now which party and pm/chancellor was in power then i wonder 🤔"

What had a hike in oil prices got to do with the uk government in this example?

By *ovebjsMan 2 days ago

Bristol

Yes because the oil prices went through the roof, nothing to do with government

By *eroy1000Man 2 days ago

milton keynes

"this time 2 years ago it shot up to 50p a litre more than it is now ..... now which party and pm/chancellor was in power then i wonder 🤔was that because the Chancellor put up fuel duty or was that because the price of oil shot up"

If I recall correctly the rise was due to the oil prices rising following the start of the Russian Ukraine war. The chancellor at the time (previous government) actually reduced duty by 5p per litre. This reduction is still in place today but I would expect it to be a victim of the upcoming budget. I think it was at our the same time that the previous government helped out with rising gas and electricity bills as they were going sky high. With gas and electricity rising 10% this month, maybe today's chancellor will do something similar

By *mateur100Man 2 days ago

nr faversham

Beer drinkers are will continue to be screwed more than drivers until such time as the taxes on alcohol in pubs are the same as those on supermarket sales

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 2 days ago

Gilfach

"Beer drinkers are will continue to be screwed more than drivers until such time as the taxes on alcohol in pubs are the same as those on supermarket sales"

The rates of taxes on alcohol in both pubs and supermarkets was for a long time exactly the same. That changed just over a year ago, and now pubs pay a lower rate of tax than supermarkets do.

By *mateur100Man 2 days ago

nr faversham

"Beer drinkers are will continue to be screwed more than drivers until such time as the taxes on alcohol in pubs are the same as those on supermarket sales

The rates of taxes on alcohol in both pubs and supermarkets was for a long time exactly the same. That changed just over a year ago, and now pubs pay a lower rate of tax than supermarkets do."

I believe pubs are charged 20%, as opposed to 0% for supermarkets

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 2 days ago

Glasgow

"Beer drinkers are will continue to be screwed more than drivers until such time as the taxes on alcohol in pubs are the same as those on supermarket sales

The rates of taxes on alcohol in both pubs and supermarkets was for a long time exactly the same. That changed just over a year ago, and now pubs pay a lower rate of tax than supermarkets do.

I believe pubs are charged 20%, as opposed to 0% for supermarkets "

Taken from GOV.UK

Type of alcohol Strength (ABV) Rate per litre of pure alcohol

Beer, spirits, wine and other fermented products Less than 3.5% £8.42

Beer, spirits, wine and other fermented products At least 3.5% but less than 8.5% £19.08

Sparkling cider At least 3.5% but less than 5.5% £8.78

Sparkling cider More than 5.5% but less than 8.5% £19.08

Still cider At least 3.5% but less than 8.5% £8.78

Example

You buy 1 pint (568ml) of 5% ABV draught still cider from a pub. The Alcohol Duty you pay is worked out at:

568ml (0.568 litres) of cider.

5% (the ABV) X 0.568 litres = 0.0284 litres of pure alcohol.

0.0284 x £8.78 (the duty rate) = just over 24p per pint.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 1 day ago

Gilfach

"Beer drinkers are will continue to be screwed more than drivers until such time as the taxes on alcohol in pubs are the same as those on supermarket sales"

"The rates of taxes on alcohol in both pubs and supermarkets was for a long time exactly the same. That changed just over a year ago, and now pubs pay a lower rate of tax than supermarkets do."

"I believe pubs are charged 20%, as opposed to 0% for supermarkets "

Then you should stop believing it, because it isn't true.

Alcohol duty is paid by the manufacturer, and the standard rate works out to around about 25p per pint. For a supermarket charging £2 a pint, that's about 12.5% of the customer price. For a pub charging £5, it's about 5%.

The recent introduction of Draught Relief means that a lower rate of alcohol duty is paid for beer purchased in barrels. This drops the alcohol duty to about 22.5p per pint.

Both the pub and the supermarket will be adding 20% VAT to the price they charge their customer.

» Add a new message to this topic