FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Is Reeves finally reading the Runes?

Is Reeves finally reading the Runes?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple 6 hours ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

41m ago 16:22

****** Why would Labour take away the one-person discount on council tax?

Ministers have failed to deny the single-person council tax discount could be scrapped in the budget next month.

This questioner suggests it would be wrong for the government to try to claim single people have "the broadest shoulders", quoting the prime minister when he talked about possible tax rises recently.

Good news for those who would be impacted from our political correspondent Liz Bates, who says while this might be being talked about in the Treasury, "I don't think it's particularly on the cards".

Deputy political editor Sam Coates adds that such speculation always comes in the weeks ahead of a budget.

He says "the evidential base" is "quite low" that the government will do it, as it would impact many of the same people set to be hit by the winter fuel payment cut.

Liz notes the government often put ideas "out there" into the media to see if there's a "backlash" - and says if they'd done so with the winter fuel cut, perhaps they wouldn't have gone through with it. *****

SkyNews

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 6 hours ago

nearby

The English housing survey reports 30% of households, nine million, are sole occupancy

After the controversial pensioners winter allowance grab by the treasury, I’d doubt this will be enacted

Starmer and Labour's ratings have fallen since being elected, the budget will likely be punitive.

The manifesto pledges are unaffordable and unobtainable, and everyone knows it

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 2 hours ago

in Lancashire

"

The manifesto pledges are unaffordable and unobtainable, and everyone knows it "

This could be easily attributed to Boris and his 40 new hospitals,HS2 and levelling up the North similar pledges in 2019..

Actually literally every single government in my adult lifetime thus far..

» Add a new message to this topic