FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Labour are scum ripping off the oap’s

Labour are scum ripping off the oap’s

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *enrythe8th OP   Man 1 week ago

worthing

Is it only me who is absolutely digusted and embarrassed that the people voted in this labour scum and as usual from labour they blame everyone else and u turn on everything they said to win the election..:

We all have oap relatives or parents living on family handouts and making sure they have food etc and help as much as possible to make them comfortable and not worry...

But anyone above 65 plus is the generations that had the work ethic and had there wages taxed and paid the national insurance stamp into the pot to build the system as a security backup in there later years...

But labour have royale fucked them over and stopped the winter heating allowance so they now have to decide whether to eat or heat..

Many oaps will die from this disgusting decision this winter and will constantly stress over it..

And the strong minded oaps will be ashamed/embarrassed to complain or tell anyone there in trouble..

Taking the money from oaps but it’s ok for all the lazy bastards rinsing/playing the system and not working because they get so much free easy money from the government..,.

So they don’t need to work..

And I mean the ones who can physically work

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ex HolesMan 1 week ago

Up North

Have you heard of the Politics forum my good friend?

Anyone want to send me some tit pics?

By *oeBeansMan 1 week ago

Derby

I think it sounds like a political discussion that belongs in the appropriate forum.

By (user no longer on site) 1 week ago

"Is it only me who is absolutely digusted and embarrassed that the people voted in this labour scum and as usual from labour they blame everyone else and u turn on everything they said to win the election..:

We all have oap relatives or parents living on family handouts and making sure they have food etc and help as much as possible to make them comfortable and not worry...

But anyone above 65 plus is the generations that had the work ethic and had there wages taxed and paid the national insurance stamp into the pot to build the system as a security backup in there later years...

But labour have royale fucked them over and stopped the winter heating allowance so they now have to decide whether to eat or heat..

Many oaps will die from this disgusting decision this winter and will constantly stress over it..

And the strong minded oaps will be ashamed/embarrassed to complain or tell anyone there in trouble..

Taking the money from oaps but it’s ok for all the lazy bastards rinsing/playing the system and not working because they get so much free easy money from the government..,.

And I mean the ones who can physically work"

Calm down OP. Get a drink and move your argument to the politics forum.

If this is your chat up line on Tits out Tuesday, I think its doomed to failure.

By *bi HaiveMan 1 week ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Not all OAP's and parents are living on handouts.

Many are wealthy.

I'm no fan of a blanket scrapping for all, but the fact remains that much like child benefit, there are many, many people who have never needed this money but get it automatically as it's not means tested.

We're you as angry with the government of the last 14 years when they screwed over the masses OP, or is it just the one that's been in power for a couple of months?

By *s X NaughtyWoman 1 week ago

BRIDGWATER

"Is it only me who is absolutely digusted and embarrassed that the people voted in this labour scum and as usual from labour they blame everyone else and u turn on everything they said to win the election..:

The Winter fuel allowance doesn't come out of National insurance contributions...it comes out of tax...

By *amantha_JadeWoman 1 week ago

Newcastle

People who get certain benefits will still get the winter fuel payment, as it is means tested. The state pension is also increasing (I read somewhere by about £900 in this parliament) which is more than the winter fuel payment. And plenty of pensioners have loads of money. Why should it be a blanket rule that all pensioners get the winter fuel payment, even if they don’t need it?

By *mateur100Man 1 week ago

nr faversham

"People who get certain benefits will still get the winter fuel payment, as it is means tested. The state pension is also increasing (I read somewhere by about £900 in this parliament) which is more than the winter fuel payment. And plenty of pensioners have loads of money. Why should it be a blanket rule that all pensioners get the winter fuel payment, even if they don’t need it? "

It's means tested and so only those claiming it entitled to benefits will get it. Those just above threshold will be worse off than those just below the threshold once it's applied. If you read that pensions are increasing by £900 I suggest you read it again...the figure is half that and that's supposed to counter the cost of living through inflation, not to cover the cut that enables an extra £10-£15k for train drivers. Plenty of pensioners have a few quid put away that they've already paid tax on god knows how many times but plenty is still a small amount. Try a sliding scale for the benefit

By *amantha_JadeWoman 1 week ago

Newcastle

"People who get certain benefits will still get the winter fuel payment, as it is means tested. The state pension is also increasing (I read somewhere by about £900 in this parliament) which is more than the winter fuel payment. And plenty of pensioners have loads of money. Why should it be a blanket rule that all pensioners get the winter fuel payment, even if they don’t need it?

It's means tested and so only those claiming it entitled to benefits will get it. Those just above threshold will be worse off than those just below the threshold once it's applied. If you read that pensions are increasing by £900 I suggest you read it again...the figure is half that and that's supposed to counter the cost of living through inflation, not to cover the cut that enables an extra £10-£15k for train drivers. Plenty of pensioners have a few quid put away that they've already paid tax on god knows how many times but plenty is still a small amount. Try a sliding scale for the benefit"

Don’t know the specifics, just putting my 2p in

By *vonne5exMan 1 week ago

Doncaster

Cold weather payment was never meant to be for every OAP, last year was the first time to combat the government's failure to cap energy prices

By *enrythe8th OP   Man 1 week ago

worthing

This is the lounge section where people talk/share about allsorts...

If you don’t like it don’t come to the lounge...

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 1 week ago

Glasgow

"This is the lounge section where people talk/share about allsorts...

If you don’t like it don’t come to the lounge..."

Do you think the lounge should employ doormen. ..?

By (user no longer on site) 1 week ago

"This is the lounge section where people talk/share about allsorts...

If you don’t like it don’t come to the lounge...

Do you think the lounge should employ doormen. ..?

"

They do, and the doormen have esc0rted the OP to the politics forum.

By *arakiss12TV/TS 1 week ago

Bedford

What Kier doesn't realise the money they pay out on the fuel payment only goes back into the economy, so trying to plug a blackhole with it is money down the toilet. The blackhole will still be there in 5years time. Sadly some pensioners won't.

Stopping the fuel payment is negative and kills a cash flow. Follow a £1's journey through the economy, it goes through a variety of routes and is constantly taxed until some clever sausage puts what's left of it in a savings account to build it up again.

But if a governing body cut that £1 off before it's journey it dissappears into guess what the never ending blackhole never to be seen again. And all the people who would have benefitted on it's journey, utilities, retailers, services, producers, health services, farmers, transport and the good old inland revenue are left with diddly squat.

By *oo hotCouple 1 week ago

North West

It’s just being means tested. In other words it is being given to the people who really need it instead of being given to everyone - including those who don’t need it.

Chill…

By *wistntwirlCouple 1 week ago

Middle Land

I feel your anger would be better directed at the energy companies.

And perhaps a question as to why these handouts weren't means tested from the outset.

It's nice that you're in a position to support your family though. I'm sure they appreciate it.

By *irldnCouple 1 week ago

Brighton

Oh dear…

“Labour MPs claimed more than £400,000 of taxpayers’ money to heat their own homes over the last five years, as the party voted to cut Winter Fuel Payments for millions of pensioners this month.”

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 1 week ago

nearby

"Oh dear…

“Labour MPs claimed more than £400,000 of taxpayers’ money to heat their own homes over the last five years, as the party voted to cut Winter Fuel Payments for millions of pensioners this month.”"

And Reeves personally claimed a reported £3700

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 1 week ago

nearby

"Oh dear…

“Labour MPs claimed more than £400,000 of taxpayers’ money to heat their own homes over the last five years, as the party voted to cut Winter Fuel Payments for millions of pensioners this month.”"

And second home flipper Rayner the now housing minister lecturing us

By *mateur100Man 1 week ago

nr faversham

I notice the usual left leaning typers aren't seen on this thread....I wonder why that would be

By *hawn ScottMan 1 week ago

london Brixton

All mps get expenses for their home in their constituency and if they live more than an hour from London then they can claim for a second home. I don't agree that the second home in London is owned and they can sell it or rent if they are no longer an mp

It should be government owned and should be given to the next mp. But don't hate the players hate the game.

My parents will lose their winter fuel allowance but they dont need it. I could never claim child benefit because I earn too much but I don't really need it.

Such is life! It doesn't matter who is in power it's just the same shit, different face

By *wistntwirlCouple 7 days ago

Middle Land

"I notice the usual left leaning typers aren't seen on this thread....I wonder why that would be "

Maybe they're researching the equivalent expenses claimed by Tories. Although that shouldn't have taken long.

By *ools and the brainCouple 7 days ago

couple, us we him her.

If the previous government hadn't wasted hundreds of billions on pointless projects such as smart motorways and white elephants like HS2 there would probably be enough money to prevent extremely difficult decisions such as this happening.

By *wistntwirlCouple 7 days ago

Middle Land

"If the previous government hadn't wasted hundreds of billions on pointless projects such as smart motorways and white elephants like HS2 there would probably be enough money to prevent extremely difficult decisions such as this happening."

It would still have been a waste of money. Cash into the hands of (mostly Tory voting) older people who never needed it (good for votes though) to be spent on supporting hugely increased profits by Shell et. al.

By *ortyairCouple 7 days ago

Wallasey

Those on the 95 quid a week on Universal Credit, those lazy bastards?, Mrs x

Wallasey

"I feel your anger would be better directed at the energy companies.

And perhaps a question as to why these handouts weren't means tested from the outset.

It's nice that you're in a position to support your family though. I'm sure they appreciate it."

Sure there was a Tory MP who claimed 12k for an Ornamental Pond. Don't get me wrong it was quite a pretty pond, with a bridge and being in London it's going to cost a pretty penny but 12k. And he did this whilst anyone claiming Child Yax Credit with more than 2 kids had their benefits reduced. Bit if you live in a nice house, you do need a nice pond... innit,

Mrs c

Wallasey

"People who get certain benefits will still get the winter fuel payment, as it is means tested. The state pension is also increasing (I read somewhere by about £900 in this parliament) which is more than the winter fuel payment. And plenty of pensioners have loads of money. Why should it be a blanket rule that all pensioners get the winter fuel payment, even if they don’t need it?

It's means tested and so only those claiming it entitled to benefits will get it. Those just above threshold will be worse off than those just below the threshold once it's applied. If you read that pensions are increasing by £900 I suggest you read it again...the figure is half that and that's supposed to counter the cost of living through inflation, not to cover the cut that enables an extra £10-£15k for train drivers. Plenty of pensioners have a few quid put away that they've already paid tax on god knows how many times but plenty is still a small amount. Try a sliding scale for the benefit"

Why have you mentioned train drivers in a thread about Winter Fuel Payments?

Mrs x

By *arry and MegsCouple 7 days ago

Ipswich

It's means tested and so only those claiming it entitled to benefits will get it. Those just above threshold will be worse off than those just below the threshold once it's applied. If you read that pensions are increasing by £900 I suggest you read it again...the figure is half that and that's supposed to counter the cost of living through inflation, not to cover the cut that enables an extra £10-£15k for train drivers. Plenty of pensioners have a few quid put away that they've already paid tax on god knows how many times but plenty is still a small amount. Try a sliding scale for the benefitWhy have you mentioned train drivers in a thread about Winter Fuel Payments?

Mrs x

"

Why did you mention them mentioning train drivers

By *eard and TattsCouple 7 days ago

Cwmbran

It's means tested and so only those claiming it entitled to benefits will get it. Those just above threshold will be worse off than those just below the threshold once it's applied. If you read that pensions are increasing by £900 I suggest you read it again...the figure is half that and that's supposed to counter the cost of living through inflation, not to cover the cut that enables an extra £10-£15k for train drivers. Plenty of pensioners have a few quid put away that they've already paid tax on god knows how many times but plenty is still a small amount. Try a sliding scale for the benefitWhy have you mentioned train drivers in a thread about Winter Fuel Payments?

Mrs x

Why did you mention them mentioning train drivers "

Don't forget dropping the tories for extra bonus points

Wallasey

Mrs x

Why did you mention them mentioning train drivers "

Because it's a convention when asking a question to include the subject matter you are enquiring about, here their mentioning of the train drivers. However don't let linguistic rules get in the way of a little quip, it made me giggle.

Mrs x

By *ugby 123Couple 5 days ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Obviously it doesn't seem to have gone down well. The pensioners who fall into that little gap of having a full pension and have no other income so can't get pension credit will lose out on their fuel payment when it is obviously needed.

However I don't object to a means tested fuel allowance, Mr ruggers is retired and has a state pension AND a work pension so wouldn't qualify for the fuel payment and to be honest doesn't need it.

Give it to the people who do need it, which includes the people in the gap mentioned above

By *eroy1000Man 5 days ago

milton keynes

"Obviously it doesn't seem to have gone down well. The pensioners who fall into that little gap of having a full pension and have no other income so can't get pension credit will lose out on their fuel payment when it is obviously needed.

However I don't object to a means tested fuel allowance, Mr ruggers is retired and has a state pension AND a work pension so wouldn't qualify for the fuel payment and to be honest doesn't need it.

Give it to the people who do need it, which includes the people in the gap mentioned above"

It's not a little gap in my opinion as we are talking about millions of pensioners affected with possibly several thousands dying as a result, not to mention the added pressure on the NHS for those that survive. Millions going into fuel poverty as well. The way it's being done means having a private pension to give you a bit extra in retirement now means you could end up worse of for trying to do the right thing. If they really wanted to only hit the wealthy pensioners then why not just take it away from those in the 40% tax bracket.

By *ugby 123Couple 5 days ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

What I meant by little gap is the gap between qualifying for Pension Credit to the full state pension. I think it is around £3...you qualify if you have less than £218 weekly income yet the full state pension is only £221 and you don't qualify for PC...which in turn means no fuel allowance.

But yes, there has to be a way to do this fairer to the people who will struggle, have a cut off of what people earn as to whether they will qualify.

We are all on the income tax system so the details will be there.

By *wistntwirlCouple 5 days ago

Middle Land

Several thousands are going to die?

I must have misunderstood what's being discussed. Is it not an allowance of £2-£300? Given because energy companies continued to fuck everyone up the ass ever since 'pandemic' and 'Russia' allowed them to get away with it?

How much did the state pension go up by this year?

And how much electric/gas/smokeless coal do you get for your £300 in 2024?

By *rofessorMarcusMan 5 days ago

Chorley

Last year smokeless coal was £650 per ton.

By *immyinreadingMan 4 days ago

henley on thames

"Cold weather payment was never meant to be for every OAP, last year was the first time to combat the government's failure to cap energy prices "

How exactly could they have effectively called energy prices? Are you aware of the turmoil in the energy markets in recent years and why that is?

Where would the money come from to effectively cap prices? And how would that be funded?

By *immyinreadingMan 4 days ago

henley on thames

"Several thousands are going to die?

I must have misunderstood what's being discussed. Is it not an allowance of £2-£300? Given because energy companies continued to fuck everyone up the ass ever since 'pandemic' and 'Russia' allowed them to get away with it?

And how much electric/gas/smokeless coal do you get for your £300 in 2024?"

It was labour’s own analysis that suggested that this particular change would cause thousands of deaths.

And now they’re doing it

By *eroy1000Man 4 days ago

milton keynes

"What I meant by little gap is the gap between qualifying for Pension Credit to the full state pension. I think it is around £3...you qualify if you have less than £218 weekly income yet the full state pension is only £221 and you don't qualify for PC...which in turn means no fuel allowance.

But yes, there has to be a way to do this fairer to the people who will struggle, have a cut off of what people earn as to whether they will qualify.

We are all on the income tax system so the details will be there."

By *eroy1000Man 4 days ago

milton keynes

"Several thousands are going to die?

And how much electric/gas/smokeless coal do you get for your £300 in 2024?

It was labour’s own analysis that suggested that this particular change would cause thousands of deaths.

And now they’re doing it "

Correct, it was several years ago the report was done but the affects of cold have not changed in that time and it showed several thousand would die as a direct consequence. This time they dodged the question on publishing the report and now say they have not done a more recent report. This is further angering many of their own MPs as well as others who correctly point out the main pension raise is for all things that have increased in price, not just heating only. When workers get pay rises, it is not based on covering heating costs only

» Add a new message to this topic