FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Met police mistakes

Met police mistakes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxychick35 OP   Couple 1 week ago

thornaby

Met police admit mistakes policing pro palistine protesters wow no shit they did

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ounderMan 1 week ago

barnet

It's the MET I wouldn't expect anything less

thornaby

"It's the MET I wouldn't expect anything less"
two tier policing for ya and labour will stay say it s not a thing

By *ophieslutTV/TS 1 week ago

Central

"It's the MET I wouldn't expect anything lesstwo tier policing for ya and labour will stay say it s not a thing "

We saw during those attacks, where the Holiday Inn Expresses, had fires etc started, whilst residents were inside, that 2 tier policing exists - they should have been arrested for terrorism, with far stronger punishments than the perpetrators received.

By *emma StonesTV/TS 1 week ago

Crewe

The number of arrests at Notting Hill carnival shows what nonsense the perception of two tiered policing really is.

By *estivalMan 1 week ago

borehamwood

"It's the MET I wouldn't expect anything lesstwo tier policing for ya and labour will stay say it s not a thing

We saw during those attacks, where the Holiday Inn Expresses, had fires etc started, whilst residents were inside, that 2 tier policing exists - they should have been arrested for terrorism, with far stronger punishments than the perpetrators received. "

didnt realise the met policed up north,im am pretty sure they police london not Rotherham

By *trueceltMan 1 week ago

Carms

the title of the thread should be More Met police mistakes. I'd like to see the met become a bit like the RNLI and 50% dependent on public handouts. make em work for their cash and stop shielding police officers from financial realities of life. citizens in uniform not tools of the state.

By *iman2100Man 1 week ago

Glasgow

Just in case anyone is unclear ...

The police spokesman said, “When we look back at the policing of protests over the last eight months, we know we didn’t get everything right – particularly in the early stages in October.

“On occasion we did not move quickly to make arrests, for example the man chanting for ‘Jihad’ which was a decision made following fast time advice from lawyers and the CPS.

“We are now much more focused on identifying reasonable grounds for arrest, acting where needed, and then investigating, so in these circumstances its very likely arrests would be made more quickly now.”

They are coming down harder and faster on people like the Pro-Hamas rioters. Is that a bad thing?

By *ill69888Couple 1 week ago

manchester

Oh, Sir Keir Stalin said there was no such thing as two tier policing?

By *idnight RamblerMan 1 week ago

Pershore

"Oh, Sir Keir Stalin said there was no such thing as two tier policing?"

He thought free speech and winter fuel payments were good things when in opposition. The man is a charlatan.

By *ill69888Couple 1 week ago

manchester

"Oh, Sir Keir Stalin said there was no such thing as two tier policing?

He thought free speech and winter fuel payments were good things when in opposition. The man is a charlatan."

total. Most of knew that before the election. He is a deeply flawed character

thornaby

"Just in case anyone is unclear ...

The police spokesman said, “When we look back at the policing of protests over the last eight months, we know we didn’t get everything right – particularly in the early stages in October.

“On occasion we did not move quickly to make arrests, for example the man chanting for ‘Jihad’ which was a decision made following fast time advice from lawyers and the CPS.

“We are now much more focused on identifying reasonable grounds for arrest, acting where needed, and then investigating, so in these circumstances its very likely arrests would be made more quickly now.”

They are coming down harder and faster on people like the Pro-Hamas rioters. Is that a bad thing? "

it’s a good thing but they stood and wached the Asian lads waving swords and knives in the boro the man walking around London I think it is in a man untd top with hamas shouting hate asnt even been arrested it’s pained a more true picture of our police

Glasgow

He thought free speech and winter fuel payments were good things when in opposition. The man is a charlatan. total. Most of knew that before the election. He is a deeply flawed character "

And the Conservatives were all fine upstanding people who never lied or did anything wrong?

thornaby

He thought free speech and winter fuel payments were good things when in opposition. The man is a charlatan. total. Most of knew that before the election. He is a deeply flawed character

And the Conservatives were all fine upstanding people who never lied or did anything wrong? "

no they lied just asmuch as labour I bet reform are rubbing there hands lol

By *immyinreadingMan 1 week ago

henley on thames

He thought free speech and winter fuel payments were good things when in opposition. The man is a charlatan. total. Most of knew that before the election. He is a deeply flawed character

And the Conservatives were all fine upstanding people who never lied or did anything wrong? "

Where did she say that?

Glasgow

And the Conservatives were all fine upstanding people who never lied or did anything wrong? no they lied just asmuch as labour I bet reform are rubbing there hands lol"

And Reform are all fine upstanding people who, like their leader Nigel Farage during the Brexit debate, never lied or did anything wrong.

My father used to say, "you know when a politician is lying; their lips are moving"

By *immyinreadingMan 1 week ago

henley on thames

And the Conservatives were all fine upstanding people who never lied or did anything wrong? no they lied just asmuch as labour I bet reform are rubbing there hands lol

And Reform are all fine upstanding people who, like their leader Nigel Farage during the Brexit debate, never lied or did anything wrong.

My father used to say, "you know when a politician is lying; their lips are moving""

Again, foxy never said they were fine upstanding people. She said they will be rubbing their hands with glee. She is right about that.

thornaby

And the Conservatives were all fine upstanding people who never lied or did anything wrong? no they lied just asmuch as labour I bet reform are rubbing there hands lol

My father used to say, "you know when a politician is lying; their lips are moving""

sorry it’s not what I said they don’t need to say a word sit back wach labour do what there doing lol

Glasgow

And the Conservatives were all fine upstanding people who never lied or did anything wrong?

Where did she say that? "

The point I was making was, for SKS to stand out as in her criticsm, he must be exceptionally bad. He is not, He is a politician.

We do have free speech in the UK, protected by Law like the Human Rights Act 1988. However there are restrictions such as when it amounts to unlawful harassment or discrimination, or when it incites hate speech.

Winter fuel payments are a good thing, I am sure SKS believes that, however the Conservatives had run UK Government spending onto the rocks and that was one of their ways of trying to put it right. He believed by following their lead he could blame them. He was wrong.

All politicians are charlatans (i.e. a person falsely claiming to have a special knowledge or skill). They learn government on the job which is why some have so many fights with the Civil Service.

I do not agree with the potential slander that SKS is a "deeply flawed character". Proving that in a court of Law about a millionaire King's Council and former Director of Public Prosecutions who is now the Prime Minister of the UK may prove tricky for the person who said it.

We all know Politicians lie. We just need someone who will keep the country running well.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 1 week ago

in Lancashire

"Met police admit mistakes policing pro palistine protesters wow no shit they did "

The report does say they accept they did yes which in any police force dealing with some new elements of peaceful protest isn't really a surprise..

On the whole though they maintained their impartiality..

There's also criticism towards Cleverly and Braverman in their roles..

Like any thread there's more to it than the title leads towards..

By *ostindreamsMan 1 week ago

London

"

We do have free speech in the UK, protected by Law like the Human Rights Act 1988. However there are restrictions such as when it amounts to unlawful harassment or discrimination, or when it incites hate speech.

"

We don't have free speech and the human rights act does fuck all to protect free speech.

By *roadShoulderzMan 1 week ago

Lerwick

"Met police admit mistakes policing pro palistine protesters wow no shit they did

The report does say they accept they did yes which in any police force dealing with some new elements of peaceful protest isn't really a surprise..

Like any thread there's more to it than the title leads towards.."

Yes what I took away from the report was that Sunak and particularly Braverman tried (unsuccessfully) to politicise the Met by telling them to treat certain groups differently from others.

As the report points out the police uphold the law with public safety paramount.

I was at the Support Palestine March in question and all I saw were mainly families marching to support their friends and relatives in Gaza. All very good natured, as were the police.

For Braverman to describe these as "hate marches", in my view, made her guilty of the crime of inciting hatred. I actually reported her and asked my MP for support but that's another story.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 1 week ago

in Lancashire

"Met police admit mistakes policing pro palistine protesters wow no shit they did

Like any thread there's more to it than the title leads towards..

Yes what I took away from the report was that Sunak and particularly Braverman tried (unsuccessfully) to politicise the Met by telling them to treat certain groups differently from others.

As the report points out the police uphold the law with public safety paramount.

I was at the Support Palestine March in question and all I saw were mainly families marching to support their friends and relatives in Gaza. All very good natured, as were the police.

For Braverman to describe these as "hate marches", in my view, made her guilty of the crime of inciting hatred. I actually reported her and asked my MP for support but that's another story."

I'm guessing and I could well be wrong that many people simply won't look any further than the headline of the met made mistakes..

Like shock horror, the biggest force in the country (and very rightly criticised over it's historical and ongoing failures) made mistakes in policing an event..

» Add a new message to this topic