FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > "Race Hate" sign in Ireland.

"Race Hate" sign in Ireland.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *itamin OP   Man 2 weeks ago

Felixstowe

A temporary sign was placed by the side of a road, the kind which usually warn of road works.

However it had a silhouette of a dingy with figures rowing and a message reading "no illegal immigrants for 1 mile".

The police are treating it as "race hate".

No race was mentioned, no bad words used, no ill intent to be seen.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"So I heard you're a racist now Father?"

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *milyRose321TV/TS 2 weeks ago

Derry, Ireland

"A temporary sign was placed by the side of a road, the kind which usually warn of road works.

However it had a silhouette of a dingy with figures rowing and a message reading "no illegal immigrants for 1 mile".

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"

Plus farther jack jumping out of the box in a black political SS uniform lol

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 2 weeks ago

golden fields

"A temporary sign was placed by the side of a road, the kind which usually warn of road works.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"

Hate crime in Ireland is defined as "Any criminal offence which is perceived by the victim or any other person to, in whole or in part, be motivated by hostility or prejudice, based on actual or perceived age, disability, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender." From the Garda website.

Felixstowe

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Hate crime in Ireland is defined as "Any criminal offence which is perceived by the victim or any other person to, in whole or in part, be motivated by hostility or prejudice, based on actual or perceived age, disability, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender." From the Garda website."

Oh damn, so long as someone "perceives" it, then it must be so.

Balls to intent or common sense. /shrug

By *ermbiMan 2 weeks ago

Ballyshannon

Let's be clear. It was spotted in Co. Tyrone in Northern Ireland so quoting from the Garda website is not in keeping with the jurisdiction in which it was found. You should consult the Police Service of NI website

By *atEvolutionCouple 2 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

[Removed by poster at 03/09/24 10:15:23]

"Let's be clear. It was spotted in Co. Tyrone in Northern Ireland so quoting from the Garda website is not in keeping with the jurisdiction in which it was found. You should consult the Police Service of NI website "

It's exactly the same on the Police Service of NI website, too.

By *inky_ragnarCouple 2 weeks ago

Peterborough

This post was clearly made by a gammon who hates johnney foreigner who has travelled thousands of miles, learnt a new language, while you sit in your council house lording it up on benefits.

A man is not measured by where he is from, but for the work and effort he puts into the society around him. And you have failed as a human being

By *ggdrasil66Man 2 weeks ago

Saltdean

If such a sign did exist, it was probably meant to be ironic. Labeled as ‘race hate,’ drawing so much attention to it, helps nobody…

By *estivalMan 2 weeks ago

borehamwood

"This post was clearly made by a gammon who hates johnney foreigner who has travelled thousands of miles, learnt a new language, while you sit in your council house lording it up on benefits.

A man is not measured by where he is from, but for the work and effort he puts into the society around him. And you have failed as a human being "

wow your making plenty of assumptions about someone you don't know he could be loaded and be living in a nicer place than you for all you know,oooo anyone with different opinions than yours must be a knuckle dragged eh

By *oxychick35Couple 2 weeks ago

thornaby

"This post was clearly made by a gammon who hates johnney foreigner who has travelled thousands of miles, learnt a new language, while you sit in your council house lording it up on benefits.

A man is not measured by where he is from, but for the work and effort he puts into the society around him. And you have failed as a human being "

i think we all got your measure with that post then how do you know what he as put into society?

Felixstowe

You contracted your first paragraph with your second.

You're assumptions ascertain your ineptitude.

Felixstowe

Your* damn auto correct

Felixstowe

Also contradicted** ffs lol

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 2 weeks ago

Cumbria

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"

What do you think the intention of the sign?

"

You're assumptions ascertain your ineptitude. "

When you are calling out someone else's ability, you ought to do that from a superior skill set:

"Your assumptions reveal your ineptitude."

Makes for a properly formed English sentence.

Felixstowe

"

When you are calling out someone else's ability, you ought to do that from a superior skill set:

Makes for a properly formed English sentence. "

I formed it how I wanted it, thank you though.

Felixstowe

- - - - - - - - - - - -

What do you think the intention of the sign?"

Fun and games, shedding light on a subject some may not be aware of. Could be numerous things.

"

Makes for a properly formed English sentence.

I formed it how I wanted it, thank you though. "

Yes. You did didn't you.

Cumbria

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Fun and games, shedding light on a subject some may not be aware of. Could be numerous things. "

Those people were just made to wear yellow stars on their coats so people could talk to them about the Torah, it’s only the far left who think there was something sinister about it.

Felixstowe

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Fun and games, shedding light on a subject some may not be aware of. Could be numerous things.

Those people were just made to wear yellow stars on their coats so people could talk to them about the Torah, it’s only the far left who think there was something sinister about it. "

Think you've jumped a few moves ahead there, or playing a different game entirely.

Cumbria

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Those people were just made to wear yellow stars on their coats so people could talk to them about the Torah, it’s only the far left who think there was something sinister about it.

Think you've jumped a few moves ahead there, or playing a different game entirely. "

No, it’s just an example of how we can choose to not understand something pretty obvious if we want to.

By (user no longer on site) 2 weeks ago

It's pretty clear there is growing dissatisfaction with the state of affairs. Demonizing people that don't want men from foreign cultures shoe horned into their communities is not the answer. The last thing this country needs is to import more people into the cannot work parts of society. It also doesn't need the criminals that are clearly filtering through thanks to awful vetting.

golden fields

"It's pretty clear there is growing dissatisfaction with the state of affairs. Demonizing people that don't want men from foreign cultures shoe horned into their communities is not the answer. The last thing this country needs is to import more people into the cannot work parts of society. It also doesn't need the criminals that are clearly filtering through thanks to awful vetting."

It's pretty clear there is growing dissatisfaction with the state of affairs. Demonizing people that are foreign is not the answer. The last thing this country needs is to encourage more bigoted people who cannot work with parts of society. It also doesn't need the criminals that are clearly bigoted.

By *mateur100Man 2 weeks ago

nr faversham

"It's pretty clear there is growing dissatisfaction with the state of affairs. Demonizing people that don't want men from foreign cultures shoe horned into their communities is not the answer. The last thing this country needs is to import more people into the cannot work parts of society. It also doesn't need the criminals that are clearly filtering through thanks to awful vetting.

It's pretty clear there is growing dissatisfaction with the state of affairs. Demonizing people that are foreign is not the answer. The last thing this country needs is to encourage more bigoted people who cannot work with parts of society. It also doesn't need the criminals that are clearly bigoted."

It's not foreign that's the problem, it's refusal to work and sitting doing nowt that's the problem, beit Brits or migrants

By *oubleswing2019Man 2 weeks ago

Colchester

"It's not foreign that's the problem, it's refusal to work and sitting doing nowt that's the problem, beit Brits or migrants "

Accept that some folk do not want to work. For many reasons. Too many to list here. This is where UBI (Universal Basic Income) would provide for their existence. It will be a no-frills kind of existence, covering basic food, shelter, heating. Some people are quite happy with that existence. After all, it's what we all had at one time, right ? Frugality and simplicity appeals to many. Many make it work (no pun intended) for them. They get by.

Who pays for them ? I do, and I don't mind that at all. I kind of figure it's in my best interests to support others who without a shelter or even basic food, might be roaming the streets causing all manner of mischief.

UBI would address basic needs.

Then, those that are so inclined can take other paid work on top of that if they so wish. As suits their needs, desires and their situation.

No one is "forced" to work. If they don't, they receive a guaranteed basic income.

That person who has removed themselves from the "worker pool" has left an opening for someone else.

Anyway, this is academic. Once I get my army of AI bots up and running, they'll be sent out to work for me. Because that will come, eventually. Then the massive shift in society will need something to happen.

(I actually envisage certain people "hiring out" their own purchased AI bots, to do their work for them.)

By *otMe66Man 2 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"It's not foreign that's the problem, it's refusal to work and sitting doing nowt that's the problem, beit Brits or migrants

Accept that some folk do not want to work. For many reasons. Too many to list here. This is where UBI (Universal Basic Income) would provide for their existence. It will be a no-frills kind of existence, covering basic food, shelter, heating. Some people are quite happy with that existence. After all, it's what we all had at one time, right ? Frugality and simplicity appeals to many. Many make it work (no pun intended) for them. They get by.

Who pays for them ? I do, and I don't mind that at all. I kind of figure it's in my best interests to support others who without a shelter or even basic food, might be roaming the streets causing all manner of mischief.

Then, those that are so inclined can take other paid work on top of that if they so wish. As suits their needs, desires and their situation.

No one is "forced" to work. If they don't, they receive a guaranteed basic income.

That person who has removed themselves from the "worker pool" has left an opening for someone else.

Anyway, this is academic. Once I get my army of AI bots up and running, they'll be sent out to work for me. Because that will come, eventually. Then the massive shift in society will need something to happen.

(I actually envisage certain people "hiring out" their own purchased AI bots, to do their work for them.)

"

I can see Innovation dying under this approach.

You say you don’t mind paying to put a roof over a persons head or feeding them, where does that stop, you doing all the work and someone else reaping the benefits doesn’t sit at well in my mind.

By *ostindreamsMan 2 weeks ago

London

"It's not foreign that's the problem, it's refusal to work and sitting doing nowt that's the problem, beit Brits or migrants

"

I personally believe UBI is better than government running social services. Replacing NHS, public schooling with UBI is probably better.

But the moment you say all basic needs like food, shelter and heating are covered, you create a situation where most people can get away with not working. The whole economy runs on the hope that there will be enough people willing to work, to produce the food, heating and shelter you are taking about. I don't think that's a reasonable hope.

Maybe in a world where the AI bots can take over basic jobs, it's possible. But we are far away from it.

By *anifestoMan 2 weeks ago

ferns/ cork

[Removed by poster at 04/09/24 11:39:41]

golden fields

"It's pretty clear there is growing dissatisfaction with the state of affairs. Demonizing people that don't want men from foreign cultures shoe horned into their communities is not the answer. The last thing this country needs is to import more people into the cannot work parts of society. It also doesn't need the criminals that are clearly filtering through thanks to awful vetting.

It's pretty clear there is growing dissatisfaction with the state of affairs. Demonizing people that are foreign is not the answer. The last thing this country needs is to encourage more bigoted people who cannot work with parts of society. It also doesn't need the criminals that are clearly bigoted.

It's not foreign that's the problem, it's refusal to work and sitting doing nowt that's the problem, beit Brits or migrants "

Of course it's not foriegners causing all our problems.

Still, foriegners are 'comin' over ere'.

By *eroy1000Man 2 weeks ago

milton keynes

It's not foreign that's the problem, it's refusal to work and sitting doing nowt that's the problem, beit Brits or migrants "

The black market in jobs is a possible problem too especially regarding migrants according to the French. After the latest tragedy in the channel the French are blaming lax laws in the UK regarding off the record jobs that migrants end up doing and is part of the attraction of getting to the UK. Unfortunately it also means they don't contribute tax for their earnings and possibly mistreated

By *amsevenMan 2 weeks ago

cork

I wonder did the people who put up that signs ancestors come over in the 17th century on a bigger boat or was it a similar one.

Should have read ' no illegal immigrants for one mile, just the descendants of immigrants who stole the land they live on'

By *mateur100Man 2 weeks ago

nr faversham

It's not foreign that's the problem, it's refusal to work and sitting doing nowt that's the problem, beit Brits or migrants

The black market in jobs is a possible problem too especially regarding migrants according to the French. After the latest tragedy in the channel the French are blaming lax laws in the UK regarding off the record jobs that migrants end up doing and is part of the attraction of getting to the UK. Unfortunately it also means they don't contribute tax for their earnings and possibly mistreated"

And over generous benefits, so they perceive. I wonder what the inhabitants of the camps in Calais are receiving in benefits from the French government? Perhaps it should be matched by the UK government and maybe that would put an end to the incentive to cross the channel?

By *oubleswing2019Man 2 weeks ago

Colchester

"I can see Innovation dying under this approach.

You say you don’t mind paying to put a roof over a persons head or feeding them, where does that stop, you doing all the work and someone else reaping the benefits doesn’t sit at well in my mind. "

I'm not sure how you can see innovation dying due to UBI. Because correlating the size of a worker pool with the number of innovators isn't a meaningful metric. Innovation is also not only the domain of the "employed" innovator either. Many have been unemployed, or between jobs.

I would postulate the opposite in fact. With a sizable amount of people on UBI, and thus relieved of the pressure of work, more time would be available for those who perhaps want to innovate a new idea, and UBI provides a safety net for them to do so.

I'm reaping the benefits by paying for them not to work.

1. If they are law-abiding and content with their situation, there is a crime disincentivization. That benefits me.

2. If they are not working, they are not competing against me in my chosen field. That benefits me.

3. If they are not part of the worker pool, this leaves fewer workers available for hire. That benefits me, as I can charge more for my services (supply/demand) and negotiate better terms of employment.

4. Some might choose to supplement their UBI with additional work that might benefit charities I care about, or civic duties in the local area which improve living standards as a whole. That benefits me too.

5. Some, sitting at home with a lot of time on their hands, may have amazing ideas and go on to invent a new "wotsit". That might benefit me too.

» Add a new message to this topic