FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Olympics 2028

Olympics 2028

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ronis OP   Man 3 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Ok doky folks not sure if anyone has posted about this or indeed heard about it.

Apparently women's boxing will not feature in the next Olympics because of the hullabaloo over the blokes hammering hell out of women while claiming to be women.

But that's not enough for the Olympic committee fair play gang. They're also removing men's boxing.

So, for the first time in 100 years boxing will not feature in the Olympics.

Thoughts anyone?

Not sure if this should appear in this section or the sports section but wth.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 3 weeks ago

golden fields

"

Thoughts anyone?

"

Great, yet another thread for trans bashing. Just what we need.

Edinburgh

"

Thoughts anyone?

Great, yet another thread for trans bashing. Just what we need."

Boom. I was wondering who would be the first to twist it and play the victim card.

If I'd gambled I'd have one hahahaha.

By *ortyairCouple 3 weeks ago

Wallasey

Think it's a shame considering boxing was one of the original Olympic sports.

Mrs x

golden fields

"

Thoughts anyone?

Boom. I was wondering who would be the first to twist it and play the victim card.

If I'd gambled I'd have one hahahaha. "

Hi Buck. Why is it the "victim card"?

I'm not a victim, just bored of the endless threads on the this subject. Maybe they could create a new section of the forums for the trans-bashing enthusiasts to work away in.

Edinburgh

"Think it's a shame considering boxing was one of the original Olympic sports.

Mrs x"

You're right, it is a shame. No,sorry,it's a disgrace.

By *idnight RamblerMan 3 weeks ago

Pershore

"

Thoughts anyone?

Great, yet another thread for trans bashing. Just what we need."

Any opinion on the facts?

golden fields

"

Thoughts anyone?

Any opinion on the facts?"

Which facts?

By *idnight RamblerMan 3 weeks ago

Pershore

"

Thoughts anyone?

Which facts?"

That Boxing is not (currently) in the programme for the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics

golden fields

"

Thoughts anyone?

Which facts?

That Boxing is not (currently) in the programme for the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics"

I have no opinion on this specific fact.

By *ostindreamsMan 3 weeks ago

London

"

Thoughts anyone?

Which facts?

That Boxing is not (currently) in the programme for the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics

I have no opinion on this specific fact. "

And yet you had to come in and randomly call the thread "trans-bashing"?

By *oxychick35Couple 3 weeks ago

thornaby

"

Thoughts anyone?

I'm not a victim, just bored of the endless threads on the this subject. Maybe they could create a new section of the forums for the trans-bashing enthusiasts to work away in."

arnt you upset for the female and male boxers who have just had there hearts ripped out why didnt they create a trans boxing event instead of this

thornaby

"

Thoughts anyone?

If I'd gambled I'd have one hahahaha. "

so would I betfred need to jump on here

London

I don't understand why the Olympics committee just allow the Boxing association to call the shots. The Boxing association obviously has more context to set rules. This is a dangerous physical sport and any mistakes in the rules could cause serious injuries and deaths.

By *abioMan 3 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Ok doky folks not sure if anyone has posted about this or indeed heard about it.

Apparently women's boxing will not feature in the next Olympics because of the hullabaloo over the blokes hammering hell out of women while claiming to be women.

But that's not enough for the Olympic committee fair play gang. They're also removing men's boxing.

Thoughts anyone?

Not sure if this should appear in this section or the sports section but wth."

Actually… that is NOT the reason

The reason is that the then “governing body” of international amateur boxing, the IBA, was found to be so systematically corrupt from the top down, that they had their accreditation taken away by the IOC… that included officiating, rigging results, various anti doping WADA violation

There is a new regulatory body being formed that hopefully should solve the problem, but there are huge court cases in the meantime

London

"

Thoughts anyone?

I'm not a victim, just bored of the endless threads on the this subject. Maybe they could create a new section of the forums for the trans-bashing enthusiasts to work away in.arnt you upset for the female and male boxers who have just had there hearts ripped out why didnt they create a trans boxing event instead of this "

No one did trans bashing here. Apparently discussing this topic itself is trans bashing. Typical progressives trying to suppress any discussions which might go against their own opinions by using baseless allegations like these.

By *usybee73Man 3 weeks ago

in the sticks

"Ok doky folks not sure if anyone has posted about this or indeed heard about it.

Thoughts anyone?

Actually… that is NOT the reason

The reason is that the then “governing body” of international amateur boxing, the IBA, was found to be so systematically corrupt from the top down, that they had their accreditation taken away by the IOC… that included officiating, rigging results, various anti doping WADA violation

There is a new regulatory body being formed that hopefully should solve the problem, but there are huge court cases in the meantime "

Boxing, being it amateur or professional has always been a bit suspicious at the best of times ... can remember Don king and the stories etc

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 3 weeks ago

Cumbria

"

Thoughts anyone?

I'm not a victim, just bored of the endless threads on the this subject. Maybe they could create a new section of the forums for the trans-bashing enthusiasts to work away in.arnt you upset for the female and male boxers who have just had there hearts ripped out why didnt they create a trans boxing event instead of this "

There were no trans boxers at the last Olympics, why would they create an event for the next one?

thornaby

"

Thoughts anyone?

I'm not a victim, just bored of the endless threads on the this subject. Maybe they could create a new section of the forums for the trans-bashing enthusiasts to work away in.arnt you upset for the female and male boxers who have just had there hearts ripped out why didnt they create a trans boxing event instead of this

No one did trans bashing here. Apparently discussing this topic itself is trans bashing. Typical progressives trying to suppress any discussions which might go against their own opinions by using baseless allegations like these."

it’s not just this sunbject that they try to suppress tho

Edinburgh

"

Thoughts anyone?

I'm not a victim, just bored of the endless threads on the this subject. Maybe they could create a new section of the forums for the trans-bashing enthusiasts to work away in."

Who is Buck?

If you're bored just leave it.

By *abioMan 3 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I just love that the thread was started on a premise that was untrue

Can we call this a classic case of misinformation from to suit a particular narrative

Cumbria

"I just love that the thread was started on a premise that was untrue

Can we call this a classic case of misinformation from to suit a particular narrative "

I look forward to the OP apologising for attempting to mislead the forum.

Edinburgh

Can we call this a classic case of misinformation from to suit a particular narrative

I look forward to the OP apologising for attempting to mislead the forum."

Not a chance.

Governance, referring and ethical issues were cited as the reason. A part of that was letting blokes hit women. If those concerned clean up their act it may still be included.

This has been an issue since Tokyo but it seems Paris was the final straw.( No I'm not saying blokes hit women in Tokyo, just Paris)

golden fields

"

Thoughts anyone?

I'm not a victim, just bored of the endless threads on the this subject. Maybe they could create a new section of the forums for the trans-bashing enthusiasts to work away in.

Who is Buck?"

Lol, good one.

"

If you're bored just leave it. "

Yeah, I will. Just wish they'd give you guys a separate forum section dedicated to trans bashing, so we don't have to see it coming up endlessly.

By *estivalMan 3 weeks ago

borehamwood

Why do you want people to have a seperate forum? Its pretty easy if you dont like something dont join in the discussion and go find one that you do like

thornaby

"Why do you want people to have a seperate forum? Its pretty easy if you dont like something dont join in the discussion and go find one that you do like"
he can’t help it

By *ipplebarnyMan 3 weeks ago

milton keynes

I was under the impression that all boxing was stopped due to fall out politics with world boxing

By *abioMan 3 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I look forward to the OP apologising for attempting to mislead the forum.

Not a chance.

Governance, referring and ethical issues were cited as the reason. A part of that was letting blokes hit women. If those concerned clean up their act it may still be included.

This has been an issue since Tokyo but it seems Paris was the final straw.( No I'm not saying blokes hit women in Tokyo, just Paris)"

Actually…. Again… wrong… and misleading!

The governance part has been a long time in the making…..there have been various allegations of WADA violations being routinely ignored (especially those from Russia or former Russian state) there links to the Russian state and state sponsorship of events through Gazprom

The refereeing and fixing of Olympic bouts since rio 2016 ( as far as they are aware)

The ethical rationale actually has much more to do with the way sports ( or in this case non sporting)non sanctioning of Russian and Belarusian athletes after the invasion of Ukraine,

The IBA have been discredited and had their accreditation taken away by the IOC for the past two years, and yet they said they were still the people running the Olympic qualifying tournaments

There is a long running dispute of who basically runs amateur boxing at the international level.. be it the IBA or “World Boxing “ ( who the ABA in the UK recognise as the international amateur boxing authority)

It has zero to do with the subject you are trying to push…..

There is a difference in being generally ignorant…. And being deliberately misleading

I was trying to be generous and give you the benefit of the doubt….. but now you are showing your true colours!

By *eroy1000Man 3 weeks ago

milton keynes

Thoughts anyone?

From what I read, no decision has actually been made but must be made next year. Hopefully they can get their act together to keep this part of the games. Wether it will be the same rules as Paris regarding the trans issue will also need to be made clear

Cumbria

Thoughts anyone?

From what I read, no decision has actually been made but must be made next year. Hopefully they can get their act together to keep this part of the games. Wether it will be the same rules as Paris regarding the trans issue will also need to be made clear"

There is no trans issue, no trans boxers fought in Paris.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 3 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Thoughts anyone?

From what I read, no decision has actually been made but must be made next year. Hopefully they can get their act together to keep this part of the games. Wether it will be the same rules as Paris regarding the trans issue will also need to be made clear

There is no trans issue, no trans boxers fought in Paris."

This..

Both the two boxers that attracted the attention are females..

That's not to say the difference's in chromosomes that are part of this latest attempt by some to attack the trans community do not present issues for all governing sports bodies to say the two boxers are trans is simply false..

golden fields

"Why do you want people to have a seperate forum? Its pretty easy if you dont like something dont join in the discussion and go find one that you do like"

Just don't see what the endless trans bashing has to do with politics.

golden fields

"Why do you want people to have a seperate forum? Its pretty easy if you dont like something dont join in the discussion and go find one that you do likehe can’t help it "

Can't help what? What's your beef today.

London

"Why do you want people to have a seperate forum? Its pretty easy if you dont like something dont join in the discussion and go find one that you do like

Just don't see what the endless trans bashing has to do with politics."

Who bashed trans people? Why are you making up stuff?

By *otMe66Man 3 weeks ago

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 28/08/24 19:40:31]

Terra Firma

Thoughts anyone?

This..

That's not to say the difference's in chromosomes that are part of this latest attempt by some to attack the trans community do not present issues for all governing sports bodies to say the two boxers are trans is simply false.."

They both failed tests and were disqualified from the world championships in 2023, and the IOC used what was on their passports to classify them. I would say it is not clear cut, and the evidence to prove male or female was a very low bar set by the IOC.

I understand why this would then become the headline it has become

By *eroy1000Man 3 weeks ago

milton keynes

Thoughts anyone?

Apologies if I used the wrong words or technicalities. However it is correctly described that made the news during the Paris games, hopefully it will not be an issue at future games. As mentioned the decision is not until next year so not sure it's totally accurate yet to say it's not going to feature in the next games

in Lancashire

Thoughts anyone?

This..

That's not to say the difference's in chromosomes that are part of this latest attempt by some to attack the trans community do not present issues for all governing sports bodies to say the two boxers are trans is simply false..

They both failed tests and were disqualified from the world championships in 2023, and the IOC used what was on their passports to classify them. I would say it is not clear cut, and the evidence to prove male or female was a very low bar set by the IOC.

I understand why this would then become the headline it has become"

Not with the IOC, with the IBA and even after that 'finding' there are questions about its validity and how the tests were conducted..

This is something that tbh I didn't know is a rare issue, apparently there are on average 150 females born every year in the UK with the same chromosome differences which in later life gives the larger size and muscle mass etc..

But they are born female..

Terra Firma

Thoughts anyone?

This..

Not with the IOC, with the IBA and even after that 'finding' there are questions about its validity and how the tests were conducted..

This is something that tbh I didn't know is a rare issue, apparently there are on average 150 females born every year in the UK with the same chromosome differences which in later life gives the larger size and muscle mass etc..

But they are born female.."

I’m not going to pretend I know anything at all about the makeup of chromosomes, and I doubt very much many here understand. Timer is now ticking for the reply that says they have been working / studying or are leading experts 🤥

My point is I can see why this would be a questionable outcome, accepting what is on a passport to determine fighting male or female, when they were blood tested at the world championships and disqualified raises eyebrows. It is a natural reaction.

in Lancashire

Plus the whole of this issue is another pawn in the ongoing political situation and legal fighting between the IOC and the IBA with the oh si not surprising backdrop of geopolitics and the USA/Russia..

By *igNick1381Man 3 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

"

Thoughts anyone?

Which facts?

And yet you had to come in and randomly call the thread "trans-bashing"?"

Don't give him attention, you need to ignore him like a hyperactive yapping dog

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 3 weeks ago

nearby

"Plus the whole of this issue is another pawn in the ongoing political situation and legal fighting between the IOC and the IBA with the oh si not surprising backdrop of geopolitics and the USA/Russia.."

I read as well that weightlifting was up for being dropped.

golden fields

"

Thoughts anyone?

Which facts?

And yet you had to come in and randomly call the thread "trans-bashing"?

Don't give him attention, you need to ignore him like a hyperactive yapping dog"

Top contribution.

Cumbria

Thoughts anyone?

This..

I understand why this would then become the headline it has become"

What tests did they fail?

Terra Firma

Thoughts anyone?

This..

What tests did they fail?"

You tell me which tests they passed and we can take it from there

Cumbria

Thoughts anyone?

This..

You tell me which tests they passed and we can take it from there"

You said they failed tests, the onus is on you to say which tests they failed.

Time to put up or shut up.

Terra Firma

Thoughts anyone?

This..

Time to put up or shut up."

Read my other posts and stop being so demanding. Also when you read what I have written, you might find it advantageous to read it in context.

Asking questions to easily sourced answers will not invoke a response from me

Cumbria

Thoughts anyone?

This..

Read my other posts and stop being so demanding. Also when you read what I have written, you might find it advantageous to read it in context.

"

That’s a lot of words to say that you don’t know.

By *immyinreadingMan 3 weeks ago

henley on thames

Thoughts anyone?

Where did you get this info?

What I’m seeing is that it has not been decided and won’t be decided until next year, and the keg issue is lack of a coherent boxing body.

Terra Firma

Thoughts anyone?

This..

That’s a lot of words to say that you don’t know."

nope, it is a lot of words to say either read my posts or go and look for the information yourself.

henley on thames

Thoughts anyone?

Correct.

I have no I see a how suggestions of “trans bashing” find their way into this discussion.

The opening post in this thread is wildly inaccurate, saying that boxing has been dropped. It hasn’t. And the central issue isn’t the 2 women boxers.

By *abioMan 3 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Thoughts anyone?

Correct.

I have no I see a how suggestions of “trans bashing” find their way into this discussion.

The opening post in this thread is wildly inaccurate, saying that boxing has been dropped. It hasn’t. And the central issue isn’t the 2 women boxers. "

He was told that….and asked to apologise for being so wildly inaccurate and misleading

He refused….

So I suppose that tells you what the true reason for starting the thread was…

henley on thames

"Think it's a shame considering boxing was one of the original Olympic sports.

Mrs x

You're right, it is a shame. No,sorry,it's a disgrace. "

It’s not true though

henley on thames

Can we call this a classic case of misinformation from to suit a particular narrative "

… and without even thinking or checking, some people just accept that the initial hand grenade is true, and get worked up based on misinformation.

Cumbria

Thoughts anyone?

This..

nope, it is a lot of words to say either read my posts or go and look for the information yourself. "

I’ve looked, I can’t find anything that says what tests she had. Can you enlighten me, or don’t you know either?

Terra Firma

Thoughts anyone?

This..

nope, it is a lot of words to say either read my posts or go and look for the information yourself.

I’ve looked, I can’t find anything that says what tests she had. Can you enlighten me, or don’t you know either?"

World championships they were tested at and disqualified. You’ve missed the point of my posts though in an attempt to discredit one thing that is widely reported, namely tested and disqualified.

My posts said, with that information and the low bar of using what was on their passports by the IOC, I can see why this has caused the stories and thinking it has.

Cumbria

Thoughts anyone?

This..

I’ve looked, I can’t find anything that says what tests she had. Can you enlighten me, or don’t you know either?

World championships they were tested at and disqualified. You’ve missed the point of my posts though in an attempt to discredit one thing that is widely reported, namely tested and disqualified.

My posts said, with that information and the low bar of using what was on their passports by the IOC, I can see why this has caused the stories and thinking it has.

"

What were the tests though?

By *atEvolutionCouple 3 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

It's a FABULOUS idea.

Any society that bans people from legally punching each other in the head in front of cheering crowds has got to be 'progressive'.

By *anifestoMan 3 weeks ago

ferns/ cork

Boxing is not being included because of a split in the governing body of boxing the IBC, some countries joined rival organisation world boxing. World boxing is not recognized by the IOC the Olympics organisers.

While the headline may fit the trashy nature for a twitter post the real reason is not because or gender, rather administrative.

By *abioMan 3 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Thoughts anyone?

This..

I’ve looked, I can’t find anything that says what tests she had. Can you enlighten me, or don’t you know either?"

I think I can answer the question.. and also why it became a murky issue

The test given was NOT a gender test… repeat… NOT a gender test… it was supposedly a drugs test ratified by WADA because all athletes in general are required to give a sample if they medal in a major competition…

In this case the two in question had won bronze medal ( you will see why I specifically mentioned that titbits later in regards to the Algerian competitor)

This is where everything gets murky…..

Both competitors were disqualified weeks after the the competition, but the IBA did not tell them why, only that they were found to be ineligible

The IBA also did not notify the nations amateur boxing authorities… or the nation’s Olympic Committees … of why they were found to be ineligible

Now because it was supposed to be an international competition, all drugs tested are supposed to be done through a WADA approved testing facility (obviously these places would have protocols for how samples are held and a tracking and tracing records system)

The IBA are saying they got the results, but all the other information has gone missing…. And because the information became public via a Russian newspaper leaked.. it seems that the samples may have been sent to a Russian lab, but there is no WADA approval Russia labs (due to the state sponsored doping scandal which they were part of)

So the IBA are saying it’s all correct but can’t confirm, the Russian newspaper are not saying where the leak came from and what country it was tested in

And all this comes out after round 1 of the Olympic tournament after they have all had 1 fight… which is why the Italian lady put on the dramatics in fight 2 against the Algerian!

And this just turned into another spat between the IOC and the IBA

Now… remember that the Algerian lady “won” a bronze at the world championships… she was beaten by an Irish lass in the semi final!….

If you want to know what happened to her… well she won the gold medal in the weight class above in Paris!

"Boxing is not being included because of a split in the governing body of boxing the IBC, some countries joined rival organisation world boxing. World boxing is not recognized by the IOC the Olympics organisers.

While the headline may fit the trashy nature for a twitter post the real reason is not because or gender, rather administrative."

This and what Fabio wrote above about the same issue.

**** IOC Session withdraws recognition of International Boxing Association

Upon the recommendation of the Executive Board (EB) of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the IOC Session, which met remotely on 22 June 2023, has decided to withdraw recognition of the International Boxing Association (IBA), in accordance with Rule 3.7 of the Olympic Charter (OC).*****

This goes back to at least June 2023.

Cumbria

So they didn’t do a gender test and no one can confirm what tests were done or what the results were?

How come you know, @_otme66 ?

By *melie LALWoman 3 weeks ago

Peterborough

Thoughts anyone?

This..

But they are born female.."

I agree but also disagree. If the neo natal in front of you has a vagina, it's a girl, congratulations. Intersex newborns may pave the way for new determinants to address biological sex, the testing of chromosomes. Irrelevant to the number of X's, anyone with a Y chromosome - congratulations it's a boy! Biologically the two boxers are men on the basis of chromosomes. Culturally (socialisation) and genitally, women. It's a psychological mess for these two people. My heart goes out to them.

What they are not, trans!

in Lancashire

[Removed by poster at 29/08/24 11:01:58]

By *irldnCouple 3 weeks ago

Brighton

Thoughts anyone?

This..

I agree but also disagree. If the neo natal in front of you has a vagina, it's a girl, congratulations. Intersex newborns may pave the way for new determinants to address biological sex, the testing of chromosomes. Irrelevant to the number of X's, anyone with a Y chromosome - congratulations it's a boy! Biologically the two boxers are men on the basis of chromosomes. Culturally (socialisation) and genitally, women. It's a psychological mess for these two people. My heart goes out to them.

What they are not, trans!"

Complicated innit

The Trans issue and sport is very complex . . .

The IOC and IBA debacle, less so. They were told to find a way to provide 'adequate governance' under the terms set by the IOC that is satisfactory to the IOC, otherwise they would not be allowed to be at the LA28 Olympics. The IBA failed to respond. The IOC then followed up by not letting the IBA at LA28. Final warning was given on 22 June 2023.

That final decision has absolutely NOTHING to do with trans issues.

The OP is wrong to say it was.

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Glasgow

From the controversy you would think Khelif had some super advantages over other woman. Her career shows otherwise.

ollowing extract from

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imane_Khelif

At the 2018 AIBA Women's World Boxing Championships, Khelif finished 17th in the women's lightweight event after being eliminated in the first round by Karina Ibragimova.[18][better source needed] At the 2019 AIBA Women's World Boxing Championships, she finished 33rd in the women's lightweight event after being eliminated in the first round by Natalia Shadrina.

Glasgow

"The Trans issue and sport is very complex . . .

The IOC and IBA debacle, less so. They were told to find a way to provide 'adequate governance' under the terms set by the IOC that is satisfactory to the IOC, otherwise they would not be allowed to be at the LA28 Olympics. The IBA failed to respond. The IOC then followed up by not letting the IBA at LA28. Final warning was given on 22 June 2023.

"

Genuine error or pushing a narrative..?

Genuine error or pushing a narrative..?"

Well. To be fair, a lot of the jounalism around the IOC/IBA decision has mixed up the issues around Khelif and Paris24. Usual sloppy journo's reaching the story into areas that it doesn't actually properly sit.

If the OP didn't see/realise this then . . ?

henley on thames

"

It's a FABULOUS idea.

Any society that bans people from legally punching each other in the head in front of cheering crowds has got to be 'progressive'.

"

Hi. Boxing isn’t being banned. And it hasn’t been dropped from the Olympics

henley on thames

"Boxing is not being included because of a split in the governing body of boxing the IBC, some countries joined rival organisation world boxing. World boxing is not recognized by the IOC the Olympics organisers.

While the headline may fit the trashy nature for a twitter post the real reason is not because or gender, rather administrative."

It hasn’t been dropped though …

henley on thames

Thoughts anyone?

This..

What they are not, trans!"

So you know what tests were done and what the test results were? Please share

Peterborough

Thoughts anyone?

This..

Complicated innit "

Not for newborns today as we have the science to correctly determine biological sex.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, if an intersex female (vagina but xy) decides to become a man, would he be a transman? Yes and no

Terra Firma

"So they didn’t do a gender test and no one can confirm what tests were done or what the results were?

How come you know, @_otme66 ?"

You’re really finding this hard, which is why I asked you to read my posts properly.

They were reported as tested and disqualified at the world championships, the IOC set entry on whatever was on the passport, so I can see how this would become the Issue it has become.

"

It's a FABULOUS idea.

Hi. Boxing isn’t being banned. And it hasn’t been dropped from the Olympics "

Yea. hahaha Really?

Peterborough

Thoughts anyone?

This..

So you know what tests were done and what the test results were? Please share "

Go read my thread on Khelif.

By *abioMan 3 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Genuine error or pushing a narrative..?

Well. To be fair, a lot of the jounalism around the IOC/IBA decision has mixed up the issues around Khelif and Paris24. Usual sloppy journo's reaching the story into areas that it doesn't actually properly sit.

If the OP didn't see/realise this then . . ?

"

Well the OP was told of it twice…and then asked if they wanted to retract the initial statements in the original post…

And the OP decided they did not want to do that…

So… pushing a narrative is the more logical feeling

henley on thames

"

It's a FABULOUS idea.

Yea. hahaha Really? "

Yes.

What made you think that boxing had been banned?

"

It's a FABULOUS idea.

Yea. hahaha Really?

Yes.

What made you think that boxing had been banned? "

#

I didn't lol - carry on reading from where I posted that.

henley on thames

"

It's a FABULOUS idea.

Yea. hahaha Really?

Yes.

What made you think that boxing had been banned? #

I didn't lol - carry on reading from where I posted that. "

You didn’t think boxing had been banned? Than your post above, about what a great idea it is to ban boxing, and how “progressive” this is, doesn’t make a great deal of sense

"

It's a FABULOUS idea.

Yea. hahaha Really?

Yes.

You didn’t think boxing had been banned? Than your post above, about what a great idea it is to ban boxing, and how “progressive” this is, doesn’t make a great deal of sense "

Makes a whole lot of sense as it's been banned from LA28 and also if you are not so anal about things.

Sorry. Next time, I will dot my T's and cross my I's. Just for you

Cumbria

"So they didn’t do a gender test and no one can confirm what tests were done or what the results were?

You’re really finding this hard, which is why I asked you to read my posts properly.

They were reported as tested and disqualified at the world championships, the IOC set entry on whatever was on the passport, so I can see how this would become the Issue it has become.

"

All I’m asking here s for you to say what tests were done, why is that proving to be so difficult for you?

henley on thames

"

It's a FABULOUS idea.

Yea. hahaha Really?

Yes.

You didn’t think boxing had been banned? Than your post above, about what a great idea it is to ban boxing, and how “progressive” this is, doesn’t make a great deal of sense

Makes a whole lot of sense as it's been banned from LA28 and also if you are not so anal about things.

"

It hasn’t been banned from LA28 …

henley on thames

"

It's a FABULOUS idea.

Yea. hahaha Really?

Yes.

"

What made you think that boxing had been “banned “ / dropped from LA28? It hasn’t

"

It's a FABULOUS idea.

Yea. hahaha Really?

Yes.

It hasn’t been banned from LA28 … "

Oh yes. It has

henley on thames

"

It's a FABULOUS idea.

Yea. hahaha Really?

Yes.

Oh yes. It has "

No, it hasn’t.

There is some posturing around the official boxing body that will oversee it, but it has not been dropped.

***********IOC bars International Boxing Association boxers from 2028 Olympics in Los Angeles The IOC also commented on the IBA’s previous decision to award prize money for participants in the 2024 Summer Olympic Games in Paris*********

****The IOC said: "It is therefore already clear that any boxer whose National Federation adheres to the IBA will not be able to participate in the Olympic Games LA28. The respective National Olympic Committees will have to exclude such a National Boxing Federation from its membership."******

******Due to the suspension and the subsequent withdrawal of recognition by the IOC in 2023, the IBA had no involvement in either the qualification for or the organisation of the boxing tournament of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 and is not involved for Paris 2024, either. The qualifications and the Olympic tournaments were and are being organised by boxing units set up by the IOC, to protect the athletes, the National Boxing Federations and their respective National Olympic Committees (NOCs).

For all these reasons, boxing is currently not on the sports programme of the Olympic Games LA28. The IOC has made it very clear that it cannot again organise such Olympic boxing competitions.

In order to remedy this, Olympic boxing needs to be organised by a credible, well-governed International Federation. It is therefore already clear that any boxer whose National Federation adheres to the IBA will not be able to participate in the Olympic Games LA28. The respective NOC will have to exclude such a National Boxing Federation from its membership.**************

"

It's a FABULOUS idea.

Yea. hahaha Really?

Yes.

Oh yes. It has

No, it hasn’t.

There is some posturing around the official boxing body that will oversee it, but it has not been dropped.

"

And UNTIL they do it has be banned.

henley on thames

"

It's a FABULOUS idea.

Yea. hahaha Really?

Yes.

Oh yes. It has

No, it hasn’t.

And UNTIL they do it has be banned."

I look forward to watching the boxing at LA28. It will all get sorted out, it’s just a bit of politics. Bye!

Glasgow

Even the IBA who ran the tests failed to clarify what tests were d9ne and why they why Khelif and Lin Yu Ting were banned for the tournament in Delhi.

The president and the chief executive giving contradicting statements when the the IBA held conference in Paris during the Olympics.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/articles/cq5dd2lz8y8o.amp

By *abioMan 3 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"***********IOC bars International Boxing Association boxers from 2028 Olympics in Los Angeles The IOC also commented on the IBA’s previous decision to award prize money for participants in the 2024 Summer Olympic Games in Paris*********

****The IOC said: "It is therefore already clear that any boxer whose National Federation adheres to the IBA will not be able to participate in the Olympic Games LA28. The respective National Olympic Committees will have to exclude such a National Boxing Federation from its membership."******

******Due to the suspension and the subsequent withdrawal of recognition by the IOC in 2023, the IBA had no involvement in either the qualification for or the organisation of the boxing tournament of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 and is not involved for Paris 2024, either. The qualifications and the Olympic tournaments were and are being organised by boxing units set up by the IOC, to protect the athletes, the National Boxing Federations and their respective National Olympic Committees (NOCs).

For all these reasons, boxing is currently not on the sports programme of the Olympic Games LA28. The IOC has made it very clear that it cannot again organise such Olympic boxing competitions.

In order to remedy this, Olympic boxing needs to be organised by a credible, well-governed International Federation. It is therefore already clear that any boxer whose National Federation adheres to the IBA will not be able to participate in the Olympic Games LA28. The respective NOC will have to exclude such a National Boxing Federation from its membership.**************"

Again though that statement leaves room to wiggle

For example… there are national organisations that are not now affiliated to the IBA

The ABA who are run amateur uk boxing, are now not affiliated to the IBA

Boxing will likely end up being in the Olympics as it’s too big a sport to not be represented, it will just be another organisation that the IOC will end up recognising

By (user no longer on site) 3 weeks ago

It shows how utterly spineless many people in positions of authority are, if true of course.

Cumbria

"It shows how utterly spineless many people in positions of authority are, if true of course."

Have you read the thread?

"***********IOC bars International Boxing Association boxers from 2028 Olympics in Los Angeles The IOC also commented on the IBA’s previous decision to award prize money for participants in the 2024 Summer Olympic Games in Paris*********

In order to remedy this, Olympic boxing needs to be organised by a credible, well-governed International Federation. It is therefore already clear that any boxer whose National Federation adheres to the IBA will not be able to participate in the Olympic Games LA28. The respective NOC will have to exclude such a National Boxing Federation from its membership.**************

Again though that statement leaves room to wiggle

For example… there are national organisations that are not now affiliated to the IBA

The ABA who are run amateur uk boxing, are now not affiliated to the IBA

Boxing will likely end up being in the Olympics as it’s too big a sport to not be represented, it will just be another organisation that the IOC will end up recognising "

Of course it does. But my answer to the poster who said it wasn't banned is that it was and is.

Terra Firma

All I’m asking here s for you to say what tests were done, why is that proving to be so difficult for you?"

You still can't find anything

It hasn't proved difficult at all, obviously is has for you but yet again I will spell it out for you. I don't really care about what test, I'm saying it has been been managed badly and I'm not surprised there is this reaction.

To help you, try this search: guardian olympic boxers who failed gender tests.

I hope that helps, if you can't fined it from that, please don't reply

Cumbria

All I’m asking here s for you to say what tests were done, why is that proving to be so difficult for you?

It hasn't proved difficult at all, obviously is has for you but yet again I will spell it out for you. I don't really care about what test, I'm saying it has been been managed badly and I'm not surprised there is this reaction.

I hope that helps, if you can't fined it from that, please don't reply "

So you don’t know what test was done, why didn’t you just say that in the first place?

Terra Firma

So you don’t know what test was done, why didn’t you just say that in the first place?"

I’m sure you believe you’ve won something here, but what is a mystery to me.

I’m going to follow the sage advice of Twain and leave you to it….

By *eard and TattsCouple 3 weeks ago

Cwmbran

"Why do you want people to have a seperate forum? Its pretty easy if you dont like something dont join in the discussion and go find one that you do like

Just don't see what the endless trans bashing has to do with politics."

Seems like you just go looking for trouble most of the time I see you on these forums.

If you had nothing relevant to say maybe you should sit this one out?

By *oan of DArcCouple 3 weeks ago

Glasgow

Thoughts anyone?

Where did you get this info?

What I’m seeing is that it has not been decided and won’t be decided until next year, and the keg issue is lack of a coherent boxing body. "

-----------------------------

Andrew Tate told them.

By *oan of DArcCouple 3 weeks ago

Glasgow

Seems like you just go looking for trouble most of the time I see you on these forums.

If you had nothing relevant to say maybe you should sit this one out? "

----------------------------------

Pot, kettle and all that...

golden fields

If you had nothing relevant to say maybe you should sit this one out? "

Are you the guy who posts the three letters "TDS" in response to any discussion of Trump's policy and rhetoric?

henley on thames

So you don’t know what test was done, why didn’t you just say that in the first place?"

There appears to be no publicly available information about what tests were conducted.

Cumbria

So you don’t know what test was done, why didn’t you just say that in the first place?

There appears to be no publicly available information about what tests were conducted. "

Yet people are convinced they know what they show 🤷

By *abioMan 2 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I hope that helps, if you can't fined it from that, please don't reply "

I actually get what the other person was saying… so let me try and put it another way

That search topic is misleading as such….. because the only test that we know for certain was done… was the ( and I need to put the next bit in quotation marks specifically) supposedly approved WADA regulated “piss in this bottle for a sample “ drugs test

Now….. can you do a gender test from that? I don’t know!

But it wasn’t a specific gender test they took

Now… also it looks like the specific WADA regulated “piss in this bottle for a sample “ test did not go to a WADA regulated facility (or they would have it on file)

The paperwork seems to have miraculously gone missing between the IBA, and whatever facility it was sent to! The IBA only seems to have the results, and those results were leaked via a Russian newspaper

Did the Russian newspaper get it from the IBA? Or from the testing site?

Did the IBA send the samples to laboratory's directly implicated in the 2014 Russian state sponsored doping scandal?

All those things are unknown

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 2 weeks ago

Cumbria

I actually get what the other person was saying… so let me try and put it another way

That search topic is misleading as such….. because the only test that we know for certain was done… was the ( and I need to put the next bit in quotation marks specifically) supposedly approved WADA regulated “piss in this bottle for a sample “ drugs test

Now….. can you do a gender test from that? I don’t know!

But it wasn’t a specific gender test they took

Now… also it looks like the specific WADA regulated “piss in this bottle for a sample “ test did not go to a WADA regulated facility (or they would have it on file)

The paperwork seems to have miraculously gone missing between the IBA, and whatever facility it was sent to! The IBA only seems to have the results, and those results were leaked via a Russian newspaper

Did the Russian newspaper get it from the IBA? Or from the testing site?

Did the IBA send the samples to laboratory's directly implicated in the 2014 Russian state sponsored doping scandal?

All those things are unknown

"

Finally, someone gets it.

By *eordie-nufcMan 2 weeks ago

Peterlee

It's a step forward to stop all boxing everywhere.

The results of boxing causing injury to others is not a sport

» Add a new message to this topic