FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > We are going the wrong waaaaaay!!!!

We are going the wrong waaaaaay!!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple 4 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

******Post-election drop in poll for Starmer as 52% say UK 'moving in wrong direction'

More than half of people think Britain is "moving in the wrong direction", according to a poll which shows a drop in favourability for Sir Keir Starmer.

The poll by Ipsos, conducted between 9 and 12 August, showed a post-general election drop in the perception of the prime minister, as well as his deputy Angela Rayner and Chancellor Rachel Reeves.

Of those polled, 22% said that they think things in Britain are heading in the right direction, 52% in the wrong direction and 19% neither.******

Shooop!!!!! I thought that we had turned the page? Made a new start!

Make Britain Great Again !!!!

What are we going to do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hocolate37Man 4 weeks ago

Heathrow

"******Post-election drop in poll for Starmer as 52% say UK 'moving in wrong direction'

More than half of people think Britain is "moving in the wrong direction", according to a poll which shows a drop in favourability for Sir Keir Starmer.

The poll by Ipsos, conducted between 9 and 12 August, showed a post-general election drop in the perception of the prime minister, as well as his deputy Angela Rayner and Chancellor Rachel Reeves.

Of those polled, 22% said that they think things in Britain are heading in the right direction, 52% in the wrong direction and 19% neither.******

What are we going to do? "

Fair's fair, he HAS had 6 whole weeks...

"******Post-election drop in poll for Starmer as 52% say UK 'moving in wrong direction'

What are we going to do?

Fair's fair, he HAS had 6 whole weeks... "

'A Week is a Long Time in Politics' Harold Wilson.

By *icecouple561Couple 4 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

What does moving in the wrong direction mean?

"What does moving in the wrong direction mean? "

Not the right way.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"What does moving in the wrong direction mean?

Not the right way. "

Ah I see. So the left was voted in but people want the right.

**** . . . half of Britons still think things are going in the wrong direction, and delivering on the public’s desire for improvements*****

You can go look, lol - can't post ipsos links here.

Not the right way.

Ah I see. So the left was voted in but people want the right."

Nope. That's not in the poll

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Not the right way.

Nope. That's not in the poll "

What was the question, 'is Britain headed in the right direction?'

By *ggdrasil66Man 4 weeks ago

Saltdean

The Tories were so unpopular and distrusted that many were, by default, driven into the arms of Labour. Some of those people will by now have realised they have made a mistake, and it will get worse as time goes by. Labour will ruin everything, and people are starting to wake up early.

Not the right way.

Nope. That's not in the poll

What was the question, 'is Britain headed in the right direction?'"

**** . . . half of Britons still think things are going in the wrong direction, and delivering on the public’s desire for improvements*****

Sorry . . .

**** is the government delivering on the public’s desire for improvements*****

By *astandFeistyCouple 4 weeks ago

Bournemouth

It took longer for the Brexit polls to turn around

By *astandFeistyCouple 4 weeks ago

Bournemouth

I can almost guarantee that whole 22% were 'progressives', they currently think Starmer is doing a grand job of locking up dissidents.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Sorry . . .

"

Oh ok, thank you.

I think I'll give them a chance to get going before I make my mind up.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 4 weeks ago

golden fields

"The Tories were so unpopular and distrusted that many were, by default, driven into the arms of Labour. Some of those people will by now have realised they have made a mistake, and it will get worse as time goes by. Labour will ruin everything, and people are starting to wake up early. "

Do you have an example of the "everything" that Labour will "ruin"?

I don't think many people defected from Conservative to Labour BTW. They just moved over to the extreme-Tories.

By *melie LALWoman 4 weeks ago

Peterborough

[Removed by poster at 19/08/24 17:25:14]

Peterborough

"The Tories were so unpopular and distrusted that many were, by default, driven into the arms of Labour. Some of those people will by now have realised they have made a mistake, and it will get worse as time goes by. Labour will ruin everything, and people are starting to wake up early. "

Oh behave

Peterborough

"Sorry . . .

Oh ok, thank you.

I think I'll give them a chance to get going before I make my mind up. "

As we all should.

Damn ridiculous expecting things to improve in this short period of time.

By *ggdrasil66Man 4 weeks ago

Saltdean

"The Tories were so unpopular and distrusted that many were, by default, driven into the arms of Labour. Some of those people will by now have realised they have made a mistake, and it will get worse as time goes by. Labour will ruin everything, and people are starting to wake up early.

I don't think many people defected from Conservative to Labour BTW. They just moved over to the extreme-Tories. "

Ok, so what we need right now is financial stability, something the Tories were once reputedly good at. They have proved that they can no longer be trusted with the national purse strings. So yes, many people, obviously did switch from blue to red. It must have happened in order for the massive Labour victory to have happened. But I’m guessing that they will already be regretting it. Because it doesn’t take long, after the last 14 years, to know when politicians are lying. Usually you can detect their lips moving.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Sorry . . .

Oh ok, thank you.

I think I'll give them a chance to get going before I make my mind up.

As we all should.

Damn ridiculous expecting things to improve in this short period of time."

Personally I have detected changes for the better. I was a bit miffed about the winter fuel allowance because we won't be entitled to it but we both understand that there's not enough money to go round and nearly everyone is going to lose out somewhere.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 4 weeks ago

golden fields

"The Tories were so unpopular and distrusted that many were, by default, driven into the arms of Labour. Some of those people will by now have realised they have made a mistake, and it will get worse as time goes by. Labour will ruin everything, and people are starting to wake up early.

I don't think many people defected from Conservative to Labour BTW. They just moved over to the extreme-Tories.

Ok, so what we need right now is financial stability, something the Tories were once reputedly good at. They have proved that they can no longer be trusted with the national purse strings. So yes, many people, obviously did switch from blue to red. It must have happened in order for the massive Labour victory to have happened. But I’m guessing that they will already be regretting it. Because it doesn’t take long, after the last 14 years, to know when politicians are lying. Usually you can detect their lips moving."

2024:

Labour: 9,708,716 votes. 33.7% of the vote.

2019:

Labour: 10,269,051 votes. 32.1% of the vote.

Labour won because people moved from the Tories to Reform.

Personally I'm not enthused by Labour, and thus far they've done about as I expected. It's early days.

By *eroy1000Man 4 weeks ago

milton keynes

Definitely a bit early to judge in my opinion. Maybe people wasn't expecting labour to attack pensioners in one of their early moves. Don't recall that being mentioned pre election. Maybe after an impact assessment was produced on the effects of the removal of the winter fuel allowance, they was not expecting the government to refuse to publish it. Perhaps blaming the economy which turns out to be nearly the fastest growing of the G7. Possibly giving their mates top jobs after years of (rightly) complaining about the Tories doing it. Who knows, people will have different axes to grind.

By *ostindreamsMan 4 weeks ago

London

I think Starmer is losing his support is not because people expected miracles within a few weeks. It has to do with the riots. People don't mind the rioters getting arrested. But most centrists I know aren't comfortable with the way arrests were made for social media posts. It doesn't help that he and Yvette Cooper are making statements in public which show signs of more authoritarianism to follow.

» Add a new message to this topic