FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Less Nepotism you said...

Less Nepotism you said...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *astandFeisty OP   Couple 5 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Seeing as my first one was deleted because apparently Politico isn't a recognised news source (for mods, it is ), we try again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cwyx7krvn44o

Now 2 fair size donors are given top public service jobs, jobs for the boys if you will.

Great

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otMe66Man 5 weeks ago

Terra Firma

🫣

I'm sure they will stick to the Civil Service Code, external to act with impartiality, objectivity, integrity and honesty.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 5 weeks ago

in Lancashire

They will do exactly the same as every government we have elected this past several decades, nepotism, cronyism and swooning about with lobbyists and All Party Parliamentary Groups..

Twas ever thus..

By *roadShoulderzMan 5 weeks ago

Lerwick

"

Now 2 fair size donors are given top public service jobs, jobs for the boys if you will.

Great "

But isn't the real issue - are they any good? I have no idea but we do know the Tories have a long track record of bringing in useless people and rewarding them handsomely. Dido Harding is a good example.

By *igNick1381Man 5 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss

in Lancashire

"

Great

But isn't the real issue - are they any good? I have no idea but we do know the Tories have a long track record of bringing in useless people and rewarding them handsomely. Dido Harding is a good example."

Failing Grayling got a gong, as levels of incompetence go he takes some beating..

By *astandFeisty OP   Couple 5 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Tories Tories Tories

in Lancashire

"Tories Tories Tories "

Of course

In time there'll be labour names we can all agree we're/are complete numpties..

By *roadShoulderzMan 5 weeks ago

Lerwick

"

Great

But isn't the real issue - are they any good? I have no idea but we do know the Tories have a long track record of bringing in useless people and rewarding them handsomely. Dido Harding is a good example.

Failing Grayling got a gong, as levels of incompetence go he takes some beating.."

Yes he has been given a Life Peerage so joins the House of Lords.

Even by Tory standards the guy is totally and utterly incompetent. Faced three calls by his own party members to quit and Sunak makes him a Lord. Sums them up...

By *otMe66Man 5 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"

Great

Failing Grayling got a gong, as levels of incompetence go he takes some beating..

Even by Tory standards the guy is totally and utterly incompetent. Faced three calls by his own party members to quit and Sunak makes him a Lord. Sums them up..."

Simply following in the footsteps of labour and Tony's cronies, in fact they needed to change the rules on awarding peerages when Blair was handing them out to all his buddies on a whim without following process. 2001 Blair gave an aide a peerage, Sally Morgan. He ignored the normal vetting process and went straight to Buckingham Palace to award her a title.

All sounds rather familiar doesn't it, but obviously it is only ever the tories that do these things....

By *eroy1000Man 5 weeks ago

milton keynes

"Seeing as my first one was deleted because apparently Politico isn't a recognised news source (for mods, it is ), we try again.

Great "

As the policies put forward by Labour before the GE were very similar to the Tories, the hope was that at least this sort of thing would be a thing of the past. Very disappointing they take away that hope so soon, though not totally unexpected.

in Lancashire

"Seeing as my first one was deleted because apparently Politico isn't a recognised news source (for mods, it is ), we try again.

Great

As the policies put forward by Labour before the GE were very similar to the Tories, the hope was that at least this sort of thing would be a thing of the past. Very disappointing they take away that hope so soon, though not totally unexpected."

Hope that the current two party system largely filled with the same types of people who mostly did Politics, Philosophy and Economics then got a position as a researcher for an MP whose a friend of Dad or Mum who are party members or Uncle/ Aunt who are already in the chamber and of which vested interests bung donations and lobbyists also will ever change in a first oast the post system..

Call me cynical but the wheel just turns and we do get the politics we deserve and put up with..

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

"

obviously it is only ever the tories that do these things.... "

If you insist, am not going to argue..

By *lfasoCouple 4 weeks ago

South East

Great

As the policies put forward by Labour before the GE were very similar to the Tories, the hope was that at least this sort of thing would be a thing of the past. Very disappointing they take away that hope so soon, though not totally unexpected.

Hope that the current two party system largely filled with the same types of people who mostly did Politics, Philosophy and Economics then got a position as a researcher for an MP whose a friend of Dad or Mum who are party members or Uncle/ Aunt who are already in the chamber and of which vested interests bung donations and lobbyists also will ever change in a first oast the post system..

Call me cynical but the wheel just turns and we do get the politics we deserve and put up with..

"

You’re definitely cynical, but correct.

Several million people did vote to shake up the 2 party strangIehoId in July, maybe there is a chance….

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 4 weeks ago

Glasgow

Breaking news: Keir Starmer has been spotted in a wallpaper shop..

By *melie LALWoman 4 weeks ago

Peterborough

"

Great

Even by Tory standards the guy is totally and utterly incompetent. Faced three calls by his own party members to quit and Sunak makes him a Lord. Sums them up...

Simply following in the footsteps of labour and Tony's cronies, in fact they needed to change the rules on awarding peerages when Blair was handing them out to all his buddies on a whim without following process. 2001 Blair gave an aide a peerage, Sally Morgan. He ignored the normal vetting process and went straight to Buckingham Palace to award her a title.

All sounds rather familiar doesn't it, but obviously it is only ever the tories that do these things.... "

Since they are in power more often, they'll be more guilty

By *melie LALWoman 4 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Breaking news: Keir Starmer has been spotted in a wallpaper shop.."

Well if he isn't having it designed for him and his family, it'll be cheaper than bojo's.

» Add a new message to this topic