FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Four-day-old twins killed in Gaza by Israeli airstrike as father registered births

Four-day-old twins killed in Gaza by Israeli airstrike as father registered births

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *0shadesOfFilth OP   Man 5 weeks ago

nearby

Tragic story being reported of two new borns and their mother killed by an Israeli air strike on their home.

As well as the mother, who was a pharmacist, the mother in law was also killed.

At the time of the airstrike the father was registering his four day old children’s births.

Reported that the family had sought shelter in central Gaza, as the Israeli army had instructed, not clear if this was a designated safe zone.

The Israeli military did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the strikes, AP reported.

Gaza civilian death toll exceeds 40,000, half reported to be women and children.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ovebjsMan 5 weeks ago

Bristol

Maybe for balance, the rocket that was launched from a refugee tent towards Israel 👍

It does not make it right but Hamas are making those people targets

By *ortyairCouple 5 weeks ago

Wallasey

"Maybe for balance, the rocket that was launched from a refugee tent towards Israel 👍

It does not make it right but Hamas are making those people targets"

It's a tragedy Mrs x

By *ornucopiaMan 5 weeks ago

Bexley

The wonder of wars.

Far more important than people.

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

"The wonder of wars.

Far more important than people."

Do you mean the profits of war...?

By *ornucopiaMan 5 weeks ago

Bexley

"The wonder of wars.

Do you mean the profits of war...?"

No. Just incredulous that we still have wars in an enlightened age.

By *hawn ScottMan 5 weeks ago

london Brixton

Since caveman days one man has always tried to conquer another!

Glasgow

"The wonder of wars.

Do you mean the profits of war...?

No. Just incredulous that we still have wars in an enlightened age."

Enlightened age..? Haven't the riots here not shown how quick we humans can decend into barbaric hordes.

The news in Israel that hasn't got much attention in western media and is really concerning. Is the amount of people who have been protesting against the arrest of Israeli soldiers who were caught on video of ràping a Palestinian prisoner. It's not just Joe Blogg calling for impunity for Israeli soldiers but journalists and politicians. Some are not only calling for charges against the soldiers to be dropped but also the arrest of whoever released the video.

Humans are a long way from being enlightened and totally free from our savage nature.

By *otMe66Man 5 weeks ago

Terra Firma

This is very much a tragic story and something I'm finding really difficult to comprehend on many layers.

I have lost all sensibility in terms of what is actually happening in Gaza. I'm astonished that Israel having anything left to bomb, what targets could they have left, and why are they still targeting?

The other complexity in this story is from a very personal position. I'm perplexed that people would consider bringing new life into such horrific conditions as I understand it? Housing destroyed, food is sparse, hospitals damaged and the worry of being a target as this family tragically were.

I truly do not understand.

nearby

"Maybe for balance, the rocket that was launched from a refugee tent towards Israel 👍

News outlets are reporting that 15,000 Hamas fighters have been killed so far. Original estimates were 50,000

I’d be confident that Hamas ranks have swelled considerably from the two million displaced people, and the destruction of Gaza

The next generation of Hamas and freedom fighters has been borne.

Glasgow

"This is very much a tragic story and something I'm finding really difficult to comprehend on many layers.

I have lost all sensibility in terms of what is actually happening in Gaza. I'm astonished that Israel having anything left to bomb, what targets could they have left, and why are they still targeting?

The other complexity in this story is from a very personal position. I'm perplexed that people would consider bringing new life into such horrific conditions as I understand it? Housing destroyed, food is sparse, hospitals damaged and the worry of being a target as this family tragically were.

"

Considering most of the births happening before now, were babies conceaved around early November 23 or earlier.

It would have been hard to imagine at that time to predict the amount of destruction and bloodshed that would follow.

nearby

"This is very much a tragic story and something I'm finding really difficult to comprehend on many layers.

Considering most of the births happening before now, were babies conceaved around early November 23 or earlier.

It would have been hard to imagine at that time to predict the amount of destruction and bloodshed that would follow."

“There are an estimated 50 000 pregnant women in Gaza, with more than 180 giving birth every day. Fifteen per cent of them are likely to experience pregnancy or birth-related complications and need additional medical care.

These women are unable to access the emergency obstetric services they need to give birth safely and care for their newborns. With 14 hospitals and 45 primary health care centres closed, some women are having to give birth in shelters, in their homes, in the streets amid rubble, or in overwhelmed healthcare facilities, where sanitation is worsening, and the risk of infection and medical complications is on the rise. Health facilities are also coming under fire – on 1 November Al Hilo Hospital, a crucial maternity hospital, was shelled.

Maternal deaths are expected to increase given the lack of access to adequate care. The psychological toll of the hostilities also has direct – and sometimes deadly – consequences on reproductive health, including a rise in stress-induced miscarriages, stillbirths and premature births.” WHO. 3 November 2023

Glasgow

Since you seem an expert on the IDF targeting reasons. Can you tell us what the reasons were for the killing of Hind Rajab and her family and the 4 aid workers for a World Central Kitchen.

Glasgow

It would have been hard to imagine at that time to predict the amount of destruction and bloodshed that would follow.

“There are an estimated 50 000 pregnant women in Gaza, with more than 180 giving birth every day. Fifteen per cent of them are likely to experience pregnancy or birth-related complications and need additional medical care.

These women are unable to access the emergency obstetric services they need to give birth safely and care for their newborns. With 14 hospitals and 45 primary health care centres closed, some women are having to give birth in shelters, in their homes, in the streets amid rubble, or in overwhelmed healthcare facilities, where sanitation is worsening, and the risk of infection and medical complications is on the rise. Health facilities are also coming under fire – on 1 November Al Hilo Hospital, a crucial maternity hospital, was shelled.

Maternal deaths are expected to increase given the lack of access to adequate care. The psychological toll of the hostilities also has direct – and sometimes deadly – consequences on reproductive health, including a rise in stress-induced miscarriages, stillbirths and premature births.” WHO. 3 November 2023 "

My response was in reply to Notme66 questioning the logic of people giving birth in such an environment. Was pointing that no-one apart from the Israeli government could have known in November what the current environment would have been..

nearby

The Israeli army developed an artificial intelligence based program known as “Lavender,” which has identified tens of thousands of targets

According to six Israeli intelligence officers, who have all served in the army during the current war on the Gaza Strip and had first hand involvement with the use of AI to generate targets for assassination, Lavender has played a central role in the unprecedented bombing of Palestinians, especially during the early stages of the war, and according to the sources, its influence on the military’s operations was such that they essentially treated the outputs of the AI machine “as if it were a human decision.”

The collateral damage on human life has been enormous, a reported 40,000 deaths and 60% of buildings destroyed.

Two million civilians have been displaced.

For the initial estimated number of 50,000 Hamas fighters (35k remaining) we are looking at another 100,000+ civilian killings for these remaining 35,000 Hamas fighters which Israel has pledged to destroy. This if it continues will exceed the deaths of the Bosnian war.

Beggars belief the the USA are still supplying the bombs, several months ago 70,000 tonnes had been dropped. The UK is complicit, the RAF have run a reported 50 sortees identifying targets.

We can be certain that Islamic terror attacks globally and at home will continue in the name of this war.

By *arklyDeviantandhisCouple 4 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"

Since you seem an expert on the IDF targeting reasons. Can you tell us what the reasons were for the killing of Hind Rajab and her family and the 4 aid workers for a World Central Kitchen. "

There were seven killed on the strike on the WCK?

By *an DeLyonMan 4 weeks ago

County Durham

There's nothing really to say on the subject of Israel, except for israeli exveptionalism.

The UN has had loads of resolutions against Israel which it ignores

The USA vetoes any resolutions against Israel, because the USA is implicit in the many many war crimes Israel commits on a routine basis with impunity. And without one single sanction against it compares to other countries.

Zionists have completely corrupted the UN. American government and the UK gov via lobbyist groups to achieve this situation.

There's even Zionist apologists here accusing me of being antisemitic. Referring to a list obviously written by zipnists to which I am relieved I have violated.

Zionism is the new evil that should and must be defied.

By *enSiskoMan 4 weeks ago

Cestus 3

Maternal deaths are expected to increase given the lack of access to adequate care. The psychological toll of the hostilities also has direct – and sometimes deadly – consequences on reproductive health, including a rise in stress-induced miscarriages, stillbirths and premature births.” WHO. 3 November 2023 "

I am glad this has now been highlighted, The right to reproduce is currently being taken away the right to repopulate has been taken away, which is why I see this for what it is a genocide pure and simple.

County Durham

Maternal deaths are expected to increase given the lack of access to adequate care. The psychological toll of the hostilities also has direct – and sometimes deadly – consequences on reproductive health, including a rise in stress-induced miscarriages, stillbirths and premature births.” WHO. 3 November 2023

I am glad this has now been highlighted, The right to reproduce is currently being taken away the right to repopulate has been taken away, which is why I see this for what it is a genocide pure and simple."

By *bsolutely nutsMan 4 weeks ago

Dover

"There's nothing really to say on the subject of Israel, except for israeli exveptionalism.

The USA vetoes any resolutions against Israel, because the USA is implicit in the many many war crimes Israel commits on a routine basis with impunity. And without one single sanction against it compares to other countries.

Zionists have completely corrupted the UN. American government and the UK gov via lobbyist groups to achieve this situation.

There's even Zionist apologists here accusing me of being antisemitic. Referring to a list obviously written by zipnists to which I am relieved I have violated.

"

Why do you walk into the trap without being coaxed?

You put forward the idea of an international Jewish conspiracy, an antisemitic or nazi trope "Referring to a list obviously written by zipnists"(sic) and "Zionists have completely corrupted the UN", following up with faux shock that you have been accused of being antisemitic.

Either you have true evidence which you haven't put forward or because you are so abhored by the idea of Jews living in a Jewish state, that your natural instincts emerge.

Of course, death of civilians is disgusting whether on one side or another but spewing out your thoughts in such terms won't promote your arguments.

County Durham

"There's nothing really to say on the subject of Israel, except for israeli exveptionalism.

You put forward the idea of an international Jewish conspiracy, an antisemitic or nazi trope "Referring to a list obviously written by zipnists"(sic) and "Zionists have completely corrupted the UN", following up with faux shock that you have been accused of being antisemitic.

Either you have true evidence which you haven't put forward or because you are so abhored by the idea of Jews living in a Jewish state, that your natural instincts emerge.

Of course, death of civilians is disgusting whether on one side or another but spewing out your thoughts in such terms won't promote your arguments.

"

Well I'm not trying to promote anything. I just say as it is rather than pussy footing

Btw it's not just myself that days this.. there's plenty of Jews agree with what I've said.

I also don't know why those who support Zionism are getting irritated.. Zionism has won and has completely usurped all efforts for international law, moral decency and justice.

It's just a matter of seeing just how far down the path Zionism goes before people begin to understand the implications of what they're supporting.

County Durham

That's why I've said that there's nothing to add to the debate. It's done and dusted

By *bsolutely nutsMan 4 weeks ago

Dover

Well I'm not trying to promote anything. I just say as it is rather than pussy footing

Btw it's not just myself that days this.. there's plenty of Jews agree with what I've said.

I also don't know why those who support Zionism are getting irritated.. Zionism has won and has completely usurped all efforts for international law, moral decency and justice.

It's just a matter of seeing just how far down the path Zionism goes before people begin to understand the implications of what they're supporting.

"

Yes you are.....

The post you are responding to stated

Are you now distancing yourself from the tropes that you were promoting?

County Durham

Yes you are.....

Are you now distancing yourself from the tropes that you were promoting?"

Zionism as the Israeli government practices is an ultra right ideology and I have an opinion about it that guides my moral compass and my conscience. Zionism is just another label for ultra right ideologies and and is not to be conflated with Judaism.

What your conscience dictates to you is your business.

County Durham

Yes you are.....

Ermm.. No I'm not distancing myself from what I said.

Oops.. how antisemetic of me

That's me and lots of Jews who've had their religion hijacked by Zionist fascists labelled antisemetic too btw.

County Durham

Yes you are.....

As I've transgressed the list of who is antisemetic (a list drawn up by ultra right fascist Zionists)

Then yes I'm glad I am classed antisemetic along with orthodox Jews. Jews with a moral compass and others who see through Zionism for what it is.

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 4 weeks ago

Glasgow

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/british-diplomat-resigns-over-claims-uk-may-be-complicit-in-war-crimes-with-israel-arms-sales-13199323

County Durham

"https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/british-diplomat-resigns-over-claims-uk-may-be-complicit-in-war-crimes-with-israel-arms-sales-13199323"

By *iman2100Man 4 weeks ago

Glasgow

Yes you are.....

Are you now distancing yourself from the tropes that you were promoting?

As I've transgressed the list of who is antisemetic (a list drawn up by ultra right fascist Zionists)

Then yes I'm glad I am classed antisemetic along with orthodox Jews. Jews with a moral compass and others who see through Zionism for what it is.

"

I am an atheist. I have no dog in this religious fight.

I also sincerely wish the killing in Gaza would stop and a permanent peace based on equality, tollerance and mutual respect can be created. However, before that happens let us look at the numbers.

There is estimated to be 15,700,000 Jews in the whole world.

There is estimated to be 1,800,000,000 Muslims in the world.

Muslims outnumber Jews 114:1.

This is the equivalent of China and the USA combined versus Zimbabwe.

There are 7,300,000 Jews in Israel.

There are 2,141,000 muslims in Gaza and another circa 3,000,000 in the West Bank. 1,700,000 live in Israel itself. So a total of circa 6,841,000 Muslims live within the boundaries of Israel.

Thus Jews outnumber Muslims 1.07:1 in Israel.

A Zionist is a believer in the right for a Jewish state to exist.

Many Muslim leaders do not believe in the right of Jews to exist.

Can anyone see why, considering the events of the early 1940s, they fight like cornered dogs to protect themselves?

Can anyone see why, if the USA, Britain and others ceased to help Israel the 2020s would reflect the 1940s?

I sincerely hope a solution is found soon but I am not holding my breath.

By *0shadesOfFilth OP   Man 4 weeks ago

nearby

[Removed by poster at 20/08/24 09:46:37]

By *0shadesOfFilth OP   Man 4 weeks ago

nearby

The bodies of six Israeli men have been recovered

Are any of the now 105 hostages still alive.

For 40,500 Palestinians killed, 60% of homes destroyed and two million displaced, IDF have only killed 15,000 of the reported 50-60,000 Hamas fighters. And I’d expect Hamas recruitment has considerably increased in the face of the bombing and killing.

County Durham

"The bodies of six Israeli men have been recovered

For 40,500 Palestinians killed, 60% of homes destroyed and two million displaced, IDF have only killed 15,000 of the reported 50-60,000 Hamas fighters. And I’d expect Hamas recruitment has considerably increased in the face of the bombing and killing. "

This exactly

Glasgow

For 40,500 Palestinians killed, 60% of homes destroyed and two million displaced, IDF have only killed 15,000 of the reported 50-60,000 Hamas fighters. And I’d expect Hamas recruitment has considerably increased in the face of the bombing and killing. "

Hamas fighters, unlike the Israelis, do not wear military uniforms and dog tags.

As a consequence they are indistinguishable from civilians once their comrades have removed the armaments from their dead body. So, few, apart from Hamas itself, actually know how many Hamas fighters have been killed.

Consequetly, collateral damage appears very high as the dead Hamas fighters are indistinguishable from civilians which suits the Hamas leadership. Least we forget, Hamas never expected to win this war. They wanted to drag Iran, Syria, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Russia, etc. etc. into it so that their combined might could eradicate all the Jews in the region. Hamas did not allow for how much the other Arab nations loath them.

We may never know the final death toll but be assured, the winners will write the history.

Glasgow

For 40,500 Palestinians killed, 60% of homes destroyed and two million displaced, IDF have only killed 15,000 of the reported 50-60,000 Hamas fighters. And I’d expect Hamas recruitment has considerably increased in the face of the bombing and killing.

Hamas fighters, unlike the Israelis, do not wear military uniforms and dog tags.

As a consequence they are indistinguishable from civilians once their comrades have removed the armaments from their dead body. So, few, apart from Hamas itself, actually know how many Hamas fighters have been killed.

Consequetly, collateral damage appears very high as the dead Hamas fighters are indistinguishable from civilians which suits the Hamas leadership. Least we forget, Hamas never expected to win this war. They wanted to drag Iran, Syria, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Russia, etc. etc. into it so that their combined might could eradicate all the Jews in the region. Hamas did not allow for how much the other Arab nations loath them.

We may never know the final death toll but be assured, the winners will write the history. "

Yet the Israeli's keep stating after each air strike how many Jamas operatives they were targeting and where they were. That contradicts what your saying .

County Durham

We may never know the final death toll but be assured, the winners will write the history.

Yet the Israeli's keep stating after each air strike how many Jamas operatives they were targeting and where they were. That contradicts what your saying ."

Israel say a lot of things.. not usually true either

Glasgow

Yet the Israeli's keep stating after each air strike how many Jamas operatives they were targeting and where they were. That contradicts what your saying .

Israel say a lot of things.. not usually true either "

It was a devil's advocate response to the previous statement.

By *oxychick35Couple 4 weeks ago

thornaby

Israel say a lot of things.. not usually true either "

unlike hamas then

Glasgow

Israel say a lot of things.. not usually true either unlike hamas then "

That's like saying it was okay for Boris to lie while prime minister because Joe Blogg down the pub does too.

County Durham

Israel say a lot of things.. not usually true either unlike hamas then "

Your assuming something I didn't say.

Glasgow

Yet the Israeli's keep stating after each air strike how many Jamas operatives they were targeting and where they were. That contradicts what your saying ."

Well, they would, wouldn't they? They dont want people to think they are targeting civilians.

How do the IDF know where to bomb? Unusual heat signals and drones picking up rocket launches, soldiers on the ground calling it in during a fire fight. Radio traffic and spy intelligence.

There is, however, no point in dropping leaflets saying "All Civilians leave 113 Acasia Avenue we are going to bomb it." because there is an outside chance that the Hamas fighters might leave as well.

By *astendguy1981Man 4 weeks ago

Glasgow

The isreali state armed by americans and westmintser will need too kill every palestian man and flatten the whole off gaza because the genocide they have done to the 🇵🇸 people will create soldiers and martyrs for decades to come that will want revenge for thier mothers,fathers and family members for years to come isreal should be on its own wee dont need a war with iran. Fuck letting my son go and fight a war isreal started

County Durham

"The isreali state armed by americans and westmintser will need too kill every palestian man and flatten the whole off gaza because the genocide they have done to the 🇵🇸 people will create soldiers and martyrs for decades to come that will want revenge for thier mothers,fathers and family members for years to come isreal should be on its own wee dont need a war with iran. Fuck letting my son go and fight a war isreal started"

» Add a new message to this topic