FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Riots

Riots

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *onelyPrisoner OP   Man 6 weeks ago

manchester

What are your thoughts on these stupid riots?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ealitybitesMan 6 weeks ago

Belfast

That the people taking part are just too tight to pay for new trainers.

By *aleunicorn500Man 6 weeks ago

Gloucester

They're stupid?

By *midnight-Woman 6 weeks ago

They are disappointed to get vegan sausage rolls?

By *inaTitzTV/TS 6 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

That they should have ironed their shirts

By *olfandtazCouple 6 weeks ago

Bristol

It's pointless and stupid. Cities being ransacked for nothing, the reason behind them has been lost completely.

Most of the businesses won't get insurance paid out for the damages and losses done.

The people should be turning their attention to parliament, where the real crooks and thieves of this country are.

By (user no longer on site) 6 weeks ago

"It's pointless and stupid. Cities being ransacked for nothing, the reason behind them has been lost completely.

Most of the businesses won't get insurance paid out for the damages and losses done.

The people should be turning their attention to parliament, where the real crooks and thieves of this country are. "

Agreed.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 6 weeks ago

golden fields

"It's pointless and stupid. Cities being ransacked for nothing, the reason behind them has been lost completely.

The people should be turning their attention to parliament, where the real crooks and thieves of this country are. "

Racists aren't really known for their superior analytical skills though.

By *mateur100Man 6 weeks ago

nr faversham

The people should be turning their attention to parliament, where the real crooks and thieves of this country are.

Racists aren't really known for their superior analytical skills though. "

Racists don't attack white policeman, that's just thugs, otherwise they're not just racist

golden fields

Racists don't attack white policeman, that's just thugs, otherwise they're not just racist"

Apologies, I was referring to those who participated in the race hate riots, who chanted racist slogans, who attacked non-white people, set fire to a hotel with asylum seekers, had swastika tattoos and attacked a mosque etc.

These were the racists who attacked the police regardless of the ethnicity of the officers being attacked. To quote myself "Racists aren't really known for their superior analytical skills though."

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Racists don't attack white policeman, that's just thugs, otherwise they're not just racist"

Thugs who attacked the police stopping them attacking mosques and places where they thought asylum seekers were being housed?

Not all where racist of course but it sounds like your trying to ignore those who have been clearly shown by their actions to be simply that, racists..

By *amish SMan 6 weeks ago

Eastleigh

I don't care who they are left or right, anyone causing harm and damage needs locking up. Smart and organised protesters cause maximum impact keeping their hands in their pockets.

golden fields

"I don't care who they are left or right, anyone causing harm and damage needs locking up. Smart and organised protesters cause maximum impact keeping their hands in their pockets. "

Like Farage, Musk, Tommy Robinson, Katie Hopkins, keeping their hands in their pockets while the morons out to attack mosques etc.

By *bw for fun againCouple 6 weeks ago

wishaw

And only 4 weeks ago you we all singing scotland get battered every where you go xx now yer fighting with each other ya dafties xx love before hate x

nr faversham

Racists don't attack white policeman, that's just thugs, otherwise they're not just racist

Apologies, I was referring to those who participated in the race hate riots, who chanted racist slogans, who attacked non-white people, set fire to a hotel with asylum seekers, had swastika tattoos and attacked a mosque etc.

These were the racists who attacked the police regardless of the ethnicity of the officers being attacked. To quote myself "Racists aren't really known for their superior analytical skills though.""

if they attack white police then either they aren't true racists or they're selective. Either way, to question their intelligence is not a good idea I would suggest

in Lancashire

These were the racists who attacked the police regardless of the ethnicity of the officers being attacked. To quote myself "Racists aren't really known for their superior analytical skills though."

if they attack white police then either they aren't true racists or they're selective. Either way, to question their intelligence is not a good idea I would suggest "

Why?

Some of them are clearly not the sharpest tools in the box, apparently 70% of those arrested by Wednesday that is have previous criminal convictions..

golden fields

if they attack white police then either they aren't true racists or they're selective.

"

I can't obviously speak on behalf of the racist rioters. But the evidence suggests that when the police get in the way between boneheads and their targets (mosques, non-white people, normal people standing up to race-hate etc), then they attack the police. I don't think this is solid evidence to suggest that they're somehow not actually racist.

"

Either way, to question their intelligence is not a good idea I would suggest "

Should we assume that the rioting race hate enthusiasts are made up of brain surgeons, astrophysicists, UKSA rocket scientists etc?

By *hawn ScottMan 6 weeks ago

london Brixton

Been watching the footage of the Judge in leeds sentancing a few people.

Yeah he sentaced two guys that were a member of a muslim gang that were protecting a mosque but punched the rioters.

Judge said that yes they were most likely racily abused but he didn't care. 20 months each

They have sentanced 150 so far

By *amish SMan 6 weeks ago

Eastleigh

"I don't care who they are left or right, anyone causing harm and damage needs locking up. Smart and organised protesters cause maximum impact keeping their hands in their pockets.

Like Farage, Musk, Tommy Robinson, Katie Hopkins, keeping their hands in their pockets while the morons out to attack mosques etc."

Not really, they didn't cause that much of an impact, recent damage and violence though ugly was small scale compared the riots in the early 80's.

It could be argued that the protests on Wednesday night caused more significant financial damage compared to the week or so leading upto it.

I certainly don't buy that Robinson and Co. were behind Wednesdays protests, the Police kept mentioning Telegram etc, but did they honestly think that 100 right wing protests were going to happen, if so they have either acted on poor intelligence or did not have the ability to corroborate it. The far right have never managed to present 5000 at a protest, let alone 50,000. This demonstrates the Police clearly have no reliable intelligence source on the far right, either because the far right are deeply entrenched and hard to infiltrate or more likely, they just don't exist in the numbers that some believe could be out there.

golden fields

"I don't care who they are left or right, anyone causing harm and damage needs locking up. Smart and organised protesters cause maximum impact keeping their hands in their pockets.

Like Farage, Musk, Tommy Robinson, Katie Hopkins, keeping their hands in their pockets while the morons out to attack mosques etc.

Not really, they didn't cause that much of an impact, recent damage and violence though ugly was small scale compared the riots in the early 80's.

It could be argued that the protests on Wednesday night caused more significant financial damage compared to the week or so leading upto it.

I certainly don't buy that Robinson and Co. were behind Wednesdays protests, the Police kept mentioning Telegram etc, but did they honestly think that 100 right wing protests were going to happen, if so they have either acted on poor intelligence or did not have the ability to corroborate it. The far right have never managed to present 5000 at a protest, let alone 50,000. This demonstrates the Police clearly have no reliable intelligence source on the far right, either because the far right are deeply entrenched and hard to infiltrate or more likely, they just don't exist in the numbers that some believe could be out there. "

Sorry, I just meant that whose goons were egging people on, sharing misinformation, telling people where the rioters should go to etc. meanwhile staying at home themselves.

nr faversham

My point is that not everyone that protests, or riots, is racist

london Brixton

"My point is that not everyone that protests, or riots, is racist "

well within the next few months lots of people will be arested and charged. So they can try and explain that to the judge!

They could even get a tattoo saying "Only god can judge me"

Judge won't care, 20 months! next!

golden fields

Of course. Completely agree.

It's a safe bet that those involved in the recent race hate riots, were probably on board with the theme.

in Lancashire

Been on more than one and of course that's true but that's because those particular protests weren't aimed at people of a different colour or culture which the one in Southport which kicked things off fully was about..

london Brixton

It seems things are still going in Belfast, quite possibly being fueled by loyalist paramilitary groups.

The first major injury has been reported there when an Asian man's shop was burnt out and he was beaten up so bad he is in hospital.

Considering that NI takes in a small handful of asylum seekers it hasn't been a problem until now

A DUP counselor has stated and I quote "I condemn these rioters and there is absolutely no excuse for the violence that has taken place this week. However these people have not been given a voice and must be heard. I also don't wish them to be referred to as knuckledraggers as I find this term offensive"

Could reform have put that any worse 🫣

By *ealitybitesMan 6 weeks ago

Belfast

As I said on another thread I worked for over a year in the area that had seen most of the rioting in Belfast.

Half my staff lived on those streets and used the shops and takeaways that have been attacked almost every day as they are all well established businesses. I remember being in one back in the early 90s so that's how long some have been there.

One of the business owners was attacked one night about 5 years ago and the young guys working for me were very vocal the next day saying he deserved it and should go back where he came from. This guy had been running his business before they were even born.

When I asked why they used his shop and others if they hated the owners so much, the reply was that the food was good.

A much older member of staff then told them that you couldn't beat a bit of looting so they should make sure they didn't miss out if it ever kicked off. There were some good bargains to be had!

I haven't worked there since 2020 but it wouldn't surprise me at all if most of those young men were involved in what is going on.

They were racist but on top of that they saw it as a good night out and a bit of sport. Something to tell their mates about.

By *idnight RamblerMan 6 weeks ago

Pershore

These have been riots waiting to happen. If we have policies that leave large swathes of the population disaffected, what else to expect? Even now they've kicked-off, we see politicians, the media and commentators largely ignore the underlying cause.

london Brixton

Well being Belfast born and bred I've seen a lot worse. I remember seeing a girl for a while that lived in "the village" and one night heard shouting etc coming from the courtyard of her block.

Watched the guy being shot in the kneecaps. Not a nice thing to see

golden fields

"These have been riots waiting to happen. If we have policies that leave large swathes of the population disaffected, what else to expect? Even now they've kicked-off, we see politicians, the media and commentators largely ignore the underlying cause."

The underlying cause is the misinformation and rhetoric that leads these people to believe that non-white people, Muslims, asylum seekers are their enemy. It's very difficult to tackle.

london Brixton

"These have been riots waiting to happen. If we have policies that leave large swathes of the population disaffected, what else to expect? Even now they've kicked-off, we see politicians, the media and commentators largely ignore the underlying cause.

The underlying cause is the misinformation and rhetoric that leads these people to believe that non-white people, Muslims, asylum seekers are their enemy. It's very difficult to tackle."

These people were trying to take their country back and i guess their phones back by looting an O2 shop

By *irldnCouple 6 weeks ago

Brighton

"These have been riots waiting to happen. If we have policies that leave large swathes of the population disaffected, what else to expect? Even now they've kicked-off, we see politicians, the media and commentators largely ignore the underlying cause."

What’s the solutiion?

london Brixton

"These have been riots waiting to happen. If we have policies that leave large swathes of the population disaffected, what else to expect? Even now they've kicked-off, we see politicians, the media and commentators largely ignore the underlying cause.

What’s the solutiion?"

Oh oh oh I know, deny the rioters were a bunch of twats and spout some crap that makes you sound like you know what you're talking about

Pershore

The underlying cause is the misinformation and rhetoric that leads these people to believe that non-white people, Muslims, asylum seekers are their enemy. It's very difficult to tackle."

You neatly confirm my point by deflecting the cause to racism or hatred of foreigners, whereas it isn't. This thinking just kicks the tin down the road and reinforces the feeling of being ignored by a large part of the population.

By *ostindreamsMan 6 weeks ago

London

What’s the solutiion?"

You know.... Respect people's democratic choice and reduce immigration? We promised people that democracy is cool because the majority opinion will be enforced on the society without them having to use violence to achieve it. Yet in spite of clear majority view about immigration not just in the UK, but all over Europe, these politicians have vastly ignored people on this.

The easily predictable outcome of this is that people will lose respect for democracy. It shows that democracy isn't what they promised it to be.

The loons who try to shut down all these conversations about immigration as "far right extremists" know very well that this is bound to happen. If it happens, it's the immigrants who would be at the receiving end of it. And yet these loons would keep doing it because they never cared about immigrants in the first place. All these slogans about how they love minorities is just a way for them to spite the right wingers.

Pershore

What’s the solutiion?

You know.... Respect people's democratic choice and reduce immigration? We promised people that democracy is cool because the majority opinion will be enforced on the society without them having to use violence to achieve it. Yet in spite of clear majority view about immigration not just in the UK, but all over Europe, these politicians have vastly ignored people on this.

The easily predictable outcome of this is that people will lose respect for democracy. It shows that democracy isn't what they promised it to be.

The loons who try to shut down all these conversations about immigration as "far right extremists" know very well that this is bound to happen. If it happens, it's the immigrants who would be at the receiving end of it. And yet these loons would keep doing it because they never cared about immigrants in the first place. All these slogans about how they love minorities is just a way for them to spite the right wingers."

Reduce immigration?? What a novel idea, yet it's barely been mentioned by the media and politicians in the past week.

london Brixton

What’s the solutiion?

The loons who try to shut down all these conversations about immigration as "far right extremists" know very well that this is bound to happen. If it happens, it's the immigrants who would be at the receiving end of it. And yet these loons would keep doing it because they never cared about immigrants in the first place. All these slogans about how they love minorities is just a way for them to spite the right wingers."

We did reduce immigration after brext due to loss of freedom of movement. I'm not on what the criteria is for Europeans to get a work visa. We have in a way stopped a lot of illegal immigration as they used to sneak in via the channel tunnel unknown and get a job in the black economy. But as the security is so tight there its not that easy hence why we're are seeing a lot more boats with them landing and claiming asylum. You said the solution was to respect people's democratic choice and reduce it. Could you maybe give some ideas on how to reduce it? We have heard many politicians say "stop the boats" obviously this was just a slogan to get votes but how would you actually stop the boats.

By *astandFeistyCouple 6 weeks ago

Bournemouth

What’s the solutiion?

The loons who try to shut down all these conversations about immigration as "far right extremists" know very well that this is bound to happen. If it happens, it's the immigrants who would be at the receiving end of it. And yet these loons would keep doing it because they never cared about immigrants in the first place. All these slogans about how they love minorities is just a way for them to spite the right wingers.

We did reduce immigration after brext due to loss of freedom of movement. I'm not on what the criteria is for Europeans to get a work visa. We have in a way stopped a lot of illegal immigration as they used to sneak in via the channel tunnel unknown and get a job in the black economy. But as the security is so tight there its not that easy hence why we're are seeing a lot more boats with them landing and claiming asylum. You said the solution was to respect people's democratic choice and reduce it. Could you maybe give some ideas on how to reduce it? We have heard many politicians say "stop the boats" obviously this was just a slogan to get votes but how would you actually stop the boats."

There are 2m more people in the UK than there were in 2020.

Can you explain how we reduced immigration after Brexit?

London

"

We did reduce immigration after brext due to loss of freedom of movement. I'm not on what the criteria is for Europeans to get a work visa. We have in a way stopped a lot of illegal immigration as they used to sneak in via the channel tunnel unknown and get a job in the black economy. But as the security is so tight there its not that easy hence why we're are seeing a lot more boats with them landing and claiming asylum. You said the solution was to respect people's democratic choice and reduce it. Could you maybe give some ideas on how to reduce it? We have heard many politicians say "stop the boats" obviously this was just a slogan to get votes but how would you actually stop the boats."

We did not reduce immigration. The numbers only increased even after Brexit.

As for how to do it, legal and illegal immigration are two different problem. Legal immigration is more under the country's control while illegal immigration isn't.

For legal immigration, the changes that Tories made about dependent visas and minimum salary seems to already have made some impact. The country can still reduce it further. They should be honest with the people and tell them that reducing immigration means less people working on public services as the country has ageing population.

As for illegal migration, throw away the refugee conventions in dustbin or start working with other countries to rewrite it. The way it's currently written is unsustainable. Ideally:

1) Countries should be able to set limits on how many asylum seekers they can take.

2) They then open immigration centres in countries they want to help.

3) Anyone who enters the borders without permission is sent to prison.

london Brixton

Ah that's the stickler isn't it?. The 1951 refugee convention. Wouldn't just get rewritten overnight and throwing in the dustbin? Do you mean just the UK or every country that comes under it?

London

"Ah that's the stickler isn't it?. The 1951 refugee convention. Wouldn't just get rewritten overnight and throwing in the dustbin? Do you mean just the UK or every country that comes under it?

"

Sorry did I say it has to be done overnight? The problem is that no one is even trying to fix this root cause.

UK and every country where people have used their democratic mandate to say that they want to reduce illegal immigration.

london Brixton

No you didn't say that but you did say we could chuck it in the dustbin? How would that work?

If people are coming in a digney towards Dover, determined to reach the shore there isn't much you can do in the short term

London

"No you didn't say that but you did say we could chuck it in the dustbin? How would that work?

"

Politicians signing out of it and creating a new framework for governing asylum process.

"

If people are coming in a digney towards Dover, determined to reach the shore there isn't much you can do in the short term"

Throw them in prisons, post ads on social media that illegally entering the borders will result in imprisonment and they will stop coming. Then open asylum processing centre wherever they are and only take enough number of people this country can handle. This is what a controlled immigration process looks like. As things stand, we have an open border.

golden fields

The underlying cause is the misinformation and rhetoric that leads these people to believe that non-white people, Muslims, asylum seekers are their enemy. It's very difficult to tackle.

You neatly confirm my point by deflecting the cause to racism or hatred of foreigners, whereas it isn't. This thinking just kicks the tin down the road and reinforces the feeling of being ignored by a large part of the population."

What is it that drives these racists to resort to rioting if it's not propaganda and rhetoric that promotes hate towards immigrants?

London

You neatly confirm my point by deflecting the cause to racism or hatred of foreigners, whereas it isn't. This thinking just kicks the tin down the road and reinforces the feeling of being ignored by a large part of the population.

What is it that drives these racists to resort to rioting if it's not propaganda and rhetoric that promotes hate towards immigrants?"

The fact that a teacher who drew a picture is still living in hiding because of far right religious extremists?

golden fields

What is it that drives these racists to resort to rioting if it's not propaganda and rhetoric that promotes hate towards immigrants?

The fact that a teacher who drew a picture is still living in hiding because of far right religious extremists? "

Honestly, I don't want to get into a elongated argument about this nonsense. If you think that the racists were rioting because of this specific case, fair play to you.

Let's move on.

London

The fact that a teacher who drew a picture is still living in hiding because of far right religious extremists?

Honestly, I don't want to get into a elongated argument about this nonsense. If you think that the racists were rioting because of this specific case, fair play to you.

Let's move on."

It's one of the many cases, like the Wakefield incident or a movie being taken down because some far right religious extremists didn't like it. But I understand why you want to get into this argument

golden fields

Let's move on.

It's one of the many cases, like the Wakefield incident or a movie being taken down because some far right religious extremists didn't like it. But I understand why you want to get into this argument "

Is it because non of the rioting racists, none of their groups organising the riots have mentioned these things.

London

Let's move on.

It's one of the many cases, like the Wakefield incident or a movie being taken down because some far right religious extremists didn't like it. But I understand why you want to get into this argument

Is it because non of the rioting racists, none of their groups organising the riots have mentioned these things. "

What exactly do you think they mean by two-tier policing?

golden fields

Let's move on.

Is it because non of the rioting racists, none of their groups organising the riots have mentioned these things.

What exactly do you think they mean by two-tier policing?"

Firstly. This has mostly been bleated on after the riots, so not a cause for the racists to riot.

Secondly it's just the latest rhetoric designed to further enrage those people. As people have demonstrated in many threads, there are examples of policing and sentencing being unequal over a range of timeframes and offences.

If you're saying that the decades of anti-immigrant, anti-islam rhetoric and propaganda haven't had an impact on those racist rioters. Then the conversation won't go anywhere. Because we'll never agree.

By *otMe66Man 6 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"No you didn't say that but you did say we could chuck it in the dustbin? How would that work?

If people are coming in a digney towards Dover, determined to reach the shore there isn't much you can do in the short term"

There would be a lot more that could be done if the convention was brought up to date, it would enable many more options that could protect genuine asylum seekers and remove those who are breaking the law.

It was written in a time that does not reflect the landscape we live in today, and it has been exploited.

London

"

Firstly. This has mostly been bleated on after the riots, so not a cause for the racists to riot.

"

Two-tier policing has been a thing pointed out even before the riots. It was mentioned during the Leeds riots itself.

"

Secondly it's just the latest rhetoric designed to further enrage those people. As people have demonstrated in many threads, there are examples of policing and sentencing being unequal over a range of timeframes and offences.

"

No, it's based on facts. If any of the incidents I mentioned are not factual, let me know. I am not cooking up stories.

"

If you're saying that the decades of anti-immigrant, anti-islam rhetoric and propaganda haven't had an impact on those racist rioters. Then the conversation won't go anywhere. Because we'll never agree. "

Again, I mentioned some real high-profile incidents in this country. Is talking about facts called "anti-immigrant rhetoric"?

golden fields

"

Two-tier policing has been a thing pointed out even before the riots. It was mentioned during the Leeds riots itself.

No, it's based on facts. If any of the incidents I mentioned are not factual, let me know. I am not cooking up stories.

If you're saying that the decades of anti-immigrant, anti-islam rhetoric and propaganda haven't had an impact on those racist rioters. Then the conversation won't go anywhere. Because we'll never agree.

Again, I mentioned some real high-profile incidents in this country. Is talking about facts called "anti-immigrant rhetoric"?"

Let's leave it there. If you think you've "won" fair play to you. We know how this will play out. No one wants to see another pointless argument on here.

London

"

Again, I mentioned some real high-profile incidents in this country. Is talking about facts called "anti-immigrant rhetoric"?

Let's leave it there. If you think you've "won" fair play to you. We know how this will play out. No one wants to see another pointless argument on here. "

It has already played out the way it usually plays out. You don't have an answer. So as always you want to leave it there. The only thing missing is you crying about me making personal attacks on you while you go around calling other people "racist morons".

golden fields

"

Let's leave it there. If you think you've "won" fair play to you. We know how this will play out. No one wants to see another pointless argument on here.

It has already played out the way it usually plays out. You don't have an answer. So as always you want to leave it there. The only thing missing is you crying about me making personal attacks on you while you go around calling other people "racist morons"."

You can see why it's pointless trying any form of ration discussion with you.

golden fields

"

It has already played out the way it usually plays out. You don't have an answer. So as always you want to leave it there. The only thing missing is you crying about me making personal attacks on you while you go around calling other people "racist morons".

You can see why it's pointless trying any form of ration discussion with you. "

Rational.

London

"

You can see why it's pointless trying any form of ration discussion with you. "

Because you can't?

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 6 weeks ago

Glasgow

Keep hearing the claim, the riots happened because people's concerns about immigration and the boats aren't being listened too.

Since before the Brexit vote up until now, without fail. The media, the politicians without fail have non stop being keeping this issue in the headlines. So if these people's concerns are not being listened too, why as it been at the forefront of the conversation for the last decade.

If this was the overwhelming concern of the "silent majority " why didn't reform ( who are the only true anti- migration) sweep up in the election.

The fact is, they are not the "silent majority" but a " noisy minority " who think the world revolves around them and their concerns and insecurities. They cannot face the fact that the Britania is no longer ruling the waves and that some brown people have done economically better than them.

Decades of pandering to them with benefits have made them into entitled foot soldiers for the modern day Mosley and Enoch Powell's ( Farage, Braverman, Robinson etc). Waiting for the next dog whistle.

London

"Keep hearing the claim, the riots happened because people's concerns about immigration and the boats aren't being listened too.

Since before the Brexit vote up until now, without fail. The media, the politicians without fail have non stop being keeping this issue in the headlines. So if these people's concerns are not being listened too, why as it been at the forefront of the conversation for the last decade.

If this was the overwhelming concern of the "silent majority " why didn't reform ( who are the only true anti- migration) sweep up in the election.

The fact is, they are not the "silent majority" but a " noisy minority " who think the world revolves around them and their concerns and insecurities. They cannot face the fact that the Britania is no longer ruling the waves and that some brown people have done economically better than them.

Decades of pandering to them with benefits have made them into entitled foot soldiers for the modern day Mosley and Enoch Powell's ( Farage, Braverman, Robinson etc). Waiting for the next dog whistle. "

Because talking about something and doing something about it are two different things? Shocker I know.

"Racists don't attack white policeman, that's just thugs, otherwise they're not just racist"

Just as a show into the psyche of some… would it matter if the polieman wasnt white?

Pershore

What is it that drives these racists to resort to rioting if it's not propaganda and rhetoric that promotes hate towards immigrants?"

You invariably slip in the word 'racist' - a tactic of the left to discredit anybody with opinions they don't agree with. It's an effective tool at one level, but starting to get a bit passe. Look, people can have concerns about immigration and not be racist. They are two completely different things.

in Lancashire

You invariably slip in the word 'racist' - a tactic of the left to discredit anybody with opinions they don't agree with. It's an effective tool at one level, but starting to get a bit passe. Look, people can have concerns about immigration and not be racist. They are two completely different things. "

I'm one of the latter but I'm not about to go and chuck bricks at a mosque or at the police who are rightly doing their duty in trying to prevent that..

The poster your referring to is accurate in saying those on that protest where racist, to ignore that or to try and fob it off doesn't help or work..

Glasgow

"Keep hearing the claim, the riots happened because people's concerns about immigration and the boats aren't being listened too.

Decades of pandering to them with benefits have made them into entitled foot soldiers for the modern day Mosley and Enoch Powell's ( Farage, Braverman, Robinson etc). Waiting for the next dog whistle.

Because talking about something and doing something about it are two different things? Shocker I know."

Do any minority that shouts and stamps its feet hard enough should get it's demands automatically met.

Like I said they say they say aren't being listened to, but their concerns have been driving the political discussion for nearly a decade. How does that happen if they are not being listened to..?

Glasgow

Because talking about something and doing something about it are two different things? Shocker I know."

I use to go to a school in Glasgow where we had a openly racist guy who was a member of the National Front.

The ironic thing was his best mate was a Indian guy, who also use parrot his racist mates views.

We never use to know what to make of him. He also use to go with his mate on National Front marches. Don't know what the other marchers made of him.

Often wonder what happened to him. The last I heard was that he got chased out a pub by fellow National Front marchers who shouted " No black in the Union Jack".

Food for thought.

golden fields

You invariably slip in the word 'racist' - a tactic of the left to discredit anybody with opinions they don't agree with. "

No, were talking specifically about the racist riots and the racists who were rioting. It's not slipped in, and it's not to discredit the racists. They do that themselves.

"

It's an effective tool at one level, but starting to get a bit passe. Look, people can have concerns about immigration and not be racist. They are two completely different things. "

Nailed it. If we're talking about other people, who aren't racists, we don't use the term.

london Brixton

Can see I no longer needed here! Was out meeting a friend for lunch. I do have a life outside of this forum, ok its not much but its still a life.

london Brixton

If the underlying issues was boat people then in theory n Ireland shouldn't be rioting as no boats arrive there.

But then when did the loyalists need a reason

Brighton

I think the first thing we should do is rescind all the work and residency visas given to people from India***. Send them all home because they are over here taking our jobs and refusing to be British***

***I don’t actually think this but I find it ironic how some immigrants(perm or temp) are so keen to pull up the ladder behind them

"If the underlying issues was boat people then in theory n Ireland shouldn't be rioting as no boats arrive there.

But then when did the loyalists need a reason"

I find it funny its boat people, as if the mode of transport matters! Do you think they’d find it less offensive if they came on jet-skis?

Brighton

On reducing immigration numbers…

This week (can’t remember which day) I was in the car with LBC on (nothing playing on Absolute I liked so flicked through channels). Heard something very interesting…

Since the Tory Govt stopped immigrants coming to the UK on work visas from bringing their dependents/family the number of applicants to work in UK health and social care has gone down by 85%. There are 150,000 vacancies apparently and nobody, British or Foreign, to do the jobs. This seems like shooting ourselves in the foot! Don’t get sick or old folks…Brits don’t care and foreigners not welcome

Pershore

"On reducing immigration numbers…

This week (can’t remember which day) I was in the car with LBC on (nothing playing on Absolute I liked so flicked through channels). Heard something very interesting…

Since the Tory Govt stopped immigrants coming to the UK on work visas from bringing their dependents/family the number of applicants to work in UK health and social care has gone down by 85%. There are 150,000 vacancies apparently and nobody, British or Foreign, to do the jobs. This seems like shooting ourselves in the foot! Don’t get sick or old folks…Brits don’t care and foreigners not welcome "

Yes this is a huge social issue linked to immigration i.e. why can't the jobs be filled with home-grown workers? Possible reasons : low wages, lazy/feckless mentality, unhealthy population, overly generous benefits. Whatever the reason, it's not a good model to be reliant on 'cheap' immigrant labour.

London

Because talking about something and doing something about it are two different things? Shocker I know.

I think the first thing we should do is rescind all the work and residency visas given to people from India***. Send them all home because they are over here taking our jobs and refusing to be British***

***I don’t actually think this but I find it ironic how some immigrants(perm or temp) are so keen to pull up the ladder behind them "

If that's what it boils down to, I will happily move. If I look at the future, that's a far better outcome for me than forcing people to do something they don't like which always results in violence and me being a victim of the violence.

Brighton

Since the Tory Govt stopped immigrants coming to the UK on work visas from bringing their dependents/family the number of applicants to work in UK health and social care has gone down by 85%. There are 150,000 vacancies apparently and nobody, British or Foreign, to do the jobs. This seems like shooting ourselves in the foot! Don’t get sick or old folks…Brits don’t care and foreigners not welcome

Yes this is a huge social issue linked to immigration i.e. why can't the jobs be filled with home-grown workers? Possible reasons : low wages, lazy/feckless mentality, unhealthy population, overly generous benefits. Whatever the reason, it's not a good model to be reliant on 'cheap' immigrant labour."

So what is the short, medium, and long term solution? How can you “make” someone want to work in care? Looking after old people? Bathing them. Cleaning them up when they go to the toilet. Feed them. Do so with compassion and ensuring their dignity? And do so for pretty rubbish salaries, working conditions etc?

Brighton

***I don’t actually think this but I find it ironic how some immigrants(perm or temp) are so keen to pull up the ladder behind them

If that's what it boils down to, I will happily move. If I look at the future, that's a far better outcome for me than forcing people to do something they don't like which always results in violence and me being a victim of the violence. "

I think a fair few of the people you defend, and maybe some on here, would say “off you trot, good riddance!”

London

"

I use to go to a school in Glasgow where we had a openly racist guy who was a member of the National Front.

The ironic thing was his best mate was a Indian guy, who also use parrot his racist mates views.

We never use to know what to make of him. He also use to go with his mate on National Front marches. Don't know what the other marchers made of him.

Often wonder what happened to him. The last I heard was that he got chased out a pub by fellow National Front marchers who shouted " No black in the Union Jack".

Food for thought."

Ah here we go again. Making insinuations that I am being racist here.

People here clearly made it a point that they want to reduce immigration. And yet they have only gone up in the past few years, which has resulted in people moving further and further right. If this continues, it will result in a violent upraisal. What you see now is just a symptom of it. It's a natural consequence that happens in any country.

And don't tell me that people on the left care about minorities like me. For you, all that matters is to spite the right and you use us as your pawns. You say you care about immigrants not because you like immigrants but because the right hates immigration. If the social situation changes, you will throw us under the bus just like how you threw women under the bus when the transgender issue cropped up. If we don't follow your line, you happily make up racist terms like coconut and oreo.

If you are looking for minorities who will follow you like a dog, there are many people who would do. It's not me though. So take your patronising bullshit elsewhere.

london Brixton

Yes this is a huge social issue linked to immigration i.e. why can't the jobs be filled with home-grown workers? Possible reasons : low wages, lazy/feckless mentality, unhealthy population, overly generous benefits. Whatever the reason, it's not a good model to be reliant on 'cheap' immigrant labour."

Over generous benefits? I know a few single mums and they told me what they get! I was shocked and didn't know how they could live. They rely on food banks and eat the leftovers of their kids meals

London

If that's what it boils down to, I will happily move. If I look at the future, that's a far better outcome for me than forcing people to do something they don't like which always results in violence and me being a victim of the violence.

I think a fair few of the people you defend, and maybe some on here, would say “off you trot, good riddance!”"

Sure, if things get that bad, I will. Moving isn't a big deal for me. I have worked in multiple places so far.

Brighton

Yes this is a huge social issue linked to immigration i.e. why can't the jobs be filled with home-grown workers? Possible reasons : low wages, lazy/feckless mentality, unhealthy population, overly generous benefits. Whatever the reason, it's not a good model to be reliant on 'cheap' immigrant labour.

Over generous benefits? I know a few single mums and they told me what they get! I was shocked and didn't know how they could live. They rely on food banks and eat the leftovers of their kids meals"

But the solution is always “British people should do these jobs, get them off benefits” while ignoring it takes a certain type of person to work in social care (I couldn’t do it for all the money in the world). Do we really want our vulnerable and elderly being “looked after” by pissed off Brits forced to work in social care?

Brighton

I think a fair few of the people you defend, and maybe some on here, would say “off you trot, good riddance!”

Sure, if things get that bad, I will. Moving isn't a big deal for me. I have worked in multiple places so far. "

I’m alright Jack hey? Just seems a bit rich that you have been welcomed into our country to live and work but are vocal about not letting others in. Maybe it is only poorer people we shouldn’t allow (such as those working in social care)?

Bournemouth

Since the Tory Govt stopped immigrants coming to the UK on work visas from bringing their dependents/family the number of applicants to work in UK health and social care has gone down by 85%. There are 150,000 vacancies apparently and nobody, British or Foreign, to do the jobs. This seems like shooting ourselves in the foot! Don’t get sick or old folks…Brits don’t care and foreigners not welcome "

We wouldn't need those 150k if the population hadn't increased by 20m in 20 years.

London

Sure, if things get that bad, I will. Moving isn't a big deal for me. I have worked in multiple places so far.

I’m alright Jack hey? Just seems a bit rich that you have been welcomed into our country to live and work but are vocal about not letting others in. Maybe it is only poorer people we shouldn’t allow (such as those working in social care)?"

If the people here have democratically voted in favour of more immigration, I would support that cause too because in that case, I know that people are happy to welcome more people. Is it so wrong of me to respect a democratic decision?

Brighton

We wouldn't need those 150k if the population hadn't increased by 20m in 20 years. "

How do you know? What proportion of elderly people in care are Brits vs 1st/2nd gen immigrants?

I can only go on my own observations when my Nan went into a care home following a stroke. I’d say well over three quarters of the care staff were immigrants, many from the Philippines. They were amazing and so kind. Over 90% of the residents were white Brits.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 6 weeks ago

nearby

"What are your thoughts on these stupid riots?"

Had carpets fitted yesterday afternoon, as it turned out one of the fitters (white male 30ish) said he was on the Plymouth protest but not involved in the rioting and damages

I asked him what inspired him to join the protest, he replied and said ‘you got to defend your country’

I replied and said ‘what regiment were you in’ he did not reply.

Bournemouth

We wouldn't need those 150k if the population hadn't increased by 20m in 20 years.

How do you know? What proportion of elderly people in care are Brits vs 1st/2nd gen immigrants?

I can only go on my own observations when my Nan went into a care home following a stroke. I’d say well over three quarters of the care staff were immigrants, many from the Philippines. They were amazing and so kind. Over 90% of the residents were white Brits. "

Care homes aren't the only section of 'health and social care'.

It's quite simple, if there are 20m less people to 'care for' then less staff would be required.

Having said that, I'm not against strictly controlled work visas, if we need people then invite them.

The facts remains that were 20m up in 20 years, so if we weren't, we wouldn't need so many people for the workforce.

By *oxychick35Couple 6 weeks ago

thornaby

"What are your thoughts on these stupid riots?

Had carpets fitted yesterday afternoon, as it turned out one of the fitters (white male 30ish) said he was on the Plymouth protest but not involved in the rioting and damages

I asked him what inspired him to join the protest, he replied and said ‘you got to defend your country’

I replied and said ‘what regiment were you in’ he did not reply. "

after he knocked you out and you came round what did he say pmsl

Brighton

I can only go on my own observations when my Nan went into a care home following a stroke. I’d say well over three quarters of the care staff were immigrants, many from the Philippines. They were amazing and so kind. Over 90% of the residents were white Brits.

It's quite simple, if there are 20m less people to 'care for' then less staff would be required.

Having said that, I'm not against strictly controlled work visas, if we need people then invite them.

The facts remains that were 20m up in 20 years, so if we weren't, we wouldn't need so many people for the workforce. "

20m in 20 years?

Statistica:

“In 2022, the population of the United Kingdom was over 67.6 million, compared with 63.7 million ten years earlier in 2012. The population has more than doubled since 1871 when just under 31.5 million lived in the UK and has grown by around 8.2 million since the start of the twenty-first century.”

Of course a bigger population will result in more old people needing care. But the population is what it us, so how do we ensure we have sufficient numbers of working in social care if Brits don’t want to do the job?

Bournemouth

The facts remains that were 20m up in 20 years, so if we weren't, we wouldn't need so many people for the workforce.

20m in 20 years?

Statistica:

“In 2022, the population of the United Kingdom was over 67.6 million, compared with 63.7 million ten years earlier in 2012. The population has more than doubled since 1871 when just under 31.5 million lived in the UK and has grown by around 8.2 million since the start of the twenty-first century.”

Of course a bigger population will result in more old people needing care. But the population is what it us, so how do we ensure we have sufficient numbers of working in social care if Brits don’t want to do the job?"

Apologies, 10m.

I know I've said 20 years but I've realised it's nearer 25 (didn't realise the millennium what that long ago

How do we ensure sufficient numbers?

I've already said I'm not against strictly controlled work visas.

Glasgow

"

Food for thought.

Ah here we go again. Making insinuations that I am being racist here.

People here clearly made it a point that they want to reduce immigration. And yet they have only gone up in the past few years, which has resulted in people moving further and further right. If this continues, it will result in a violent upraisal. What you see now is just a symptom of it. It's a natural consequence that happens in any country.

And don't tell me that people on the left care about minorities like me. For you, all that matters is to spite the right and you use us as your pawns. You say you care about immigrants not because you like immigrants but because the right hates immigration. If the social situation changes, you will throw us under the bus just like how you threw women under the bus when the transgender issue cropped up. If we don't follow your line, you happily make up racist terms like coconut and oreo.

If you are looking for minorities who will follow you like a dog, there are many people who would do. It's not me though. So take your patronising bullshit elsewhere."

Oh dear, feeling ok today..

Glasgow

I’m alright Jack hey? Just seems a bit rich that you have been welcomed into our country to live and work but are vocal about not letting others in. Maybe it is only poorer people we shouldn’t allow (such as those working in social care)?

If the people here have democratically voted in favour of more immigration, I would support that cause too because in that case, I know that people are happy to welcome more people. Is it so wrong of me to respect a democratic decision?"

Are you related to Suella or Priti...?

By *ansoffateMan 5 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

The racist rot has come to the surface.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 5 weeks ago

Hastings

"What are your thoughts on these stupid riots?"

Looking at news clips they out number police by 10 t0 1 or more but have not realy broken the police line.

So I guess they are just stupid as the have no organisation.

By (user no longer on site) 5 weeks ago

If you've been keeping up with the news over the last week you may have noticed what started as legitimate protests over the 3 girls that were murdered and the concerns of illegal immigration were hijacked by mindless thugs, certainly some far right but there were also legitimate peaceful protesters and all branded as "far right" as its much easier to make a gross generalisation than have a serious discussion on what caused all the rioting and listen to the concerns of the people.

Right now certain freedoms and rights are being chipped away where only the opinion and politics of the left are being allowed. I wonder, at which point will l someone on the left think "hang about, now that affects me, and im not ok with that". I saw the anti fascists shouting "Nazi scum, off our steets" arbitrarily shouting down at anyone that was "not on their side" with zero information on whome they were shouting at. Personally i would consider that as hate speech and nobody is being called out because they are on the left and as we all know the left are always right.

The labour mp that said "slit their throats" obviously felt justified in saying that and again he didnt get called out on the spot, nobody distanced themselves from him, instead he was applauded and some even laughed as did the woman from Amnesty international.

Even Nigel Farage who has had nothing to do with any of this had protesters outside his supposed offices calling him "Nazi Scum", hes an an easy target so why not. Bwtter to go after him than real Nazis that fight back. Now you might not like him but thats not an excuse. Even a few weeks ago Trump was shot to which the left said "shame the gunman missed". At this point you have ask a few serious questions.

A "Nazi" is a very specific set of politics and ideologies, its a very powerful word which i think has been watered down and weaponised to suit the needs of the left. I would argue these far left are slowly becoming the new far right; and they dont even know as its under the cover of mob rule and anti racism with the support of Kier Starmmer, who in the past week has introduced measures which draw some interesting parallels to Fascism.

Social media is starting to be controlled with the potential for the online safety act to be reviewed, the MSN has been used as a propaganda tool to push the narrative of the current government; and I'll just add theres been little or nothing from the bbc or sky news on the genocide going on right now in Bangladesh. There was a peacfull protest in London outside parliament made up of the Bangladesh, jewish and Christian communities and there was no support from labour. Not even a "we hear you".

The amount of resources over the past week just to monitor comments made on social media; comments even vaguely related to misinformation or stirring up hatred, you'll might be getting a knock on the door for something you mindlessly clicked like on. Yet the MSN have purposely been pushing misinformation and choosing to ignore the men on the streets with machetes looking for white men in cars and the acid attacks that didn't happen, the tweet from the far right calling for more riots that didn't occur, yet the left protesters within 24 hours turned up in their thousands to scare of the Nazis that didnt show.

Only today i've seen a new a police information poster displaying "its our job to keep you safe, our security operations can happen anywhere at anytime, if you see something suspicious call..." and very soon you may not be able to say "fuck" on the streets without a 100 pound fine. Where will that end as the definition or what you cant do becomes broader.

From Wikipedia: Fascism is a "far-right", authoritarian, ultranationalist political ideology and movement, characterized by a dictatorial leader, centralized autocracy, militarism, forcible suppression of opposition, belief in a natural social hierarchy, subordination of individual interests for the perceived good of the nation or race, and strong regimentation of society and the economy. Opposed to anarchism, democracy, pluralism, egalitarianism, liberalism, socialism, and Marxism, fascism is placed on the "far-right" wing within the traditional left–right spectrum.

Dont be a sucker (1941)

https://youtu.be/iQ0ct9bglYo?si=iahC7obtp99IKA-7

As a Jewish man I've been a victim of rasicim pretty much all my life, even having someone in my own work place aggressively calling me a "Jew Cunt" in front of witnesses, however since im a "white male" im not allowed to be a victim of racism or have an opinion. Now you might call me delusional but rasicim and facism in all its forms has to be called out. If we dont we are dangerously close to something i dont even want to think about happeningin the uk.

I'll probably delete this later as i dont fancy having Kierstasi's secret police knocking on my door or the Kier Youth outside my home calling me a Nazi.

I wasn't going to post this but fuck it. Apologies for spelling and grammar as i'm dyslexic.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 5 weeks ago

Border of London

"what started as legitimate protests over the 3 girls that were murdered

"

Wasn't the "start" the anti-Muslim violence, due to misinformation about the identity of the murderer/attacker? Was that really legitimate?

Border of London

"

As a Jewish man I've been a victim of rasicim pretty much all my life, even having someone in my own work place aggressively calling me a "Jew Cunt" in front of witnesses, however since im a "white male" im not allowed to be a victim of racism or have an opinion.

"

Your colour has nothing to do with it. You have described a offense related to a protected characteristic:

https://www.gov.uk/discrimination-your-rights

See that link for details. If someone is telling you that you are a white man and therefore exempt, stand up to it. The law is on your side. Who told you that, or that you are not allowed an opinion?

By *irldnCouple 5 weeks ago

Brighton

And UNLOS…!

By *abioMan 5 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"If you've been keeping up with the news over the last week you may have noticed what started as legitimate protests over the 3 girls that were murdered and the concerns of illegal immigration were hijacked by mindless thugs, certainly some far right but there were also legitimate peaceful protesters and all branded as "far right" as its much easier to make a gross generalisation than have a serious discussion on what caused all the rioting and listen to the concerns of the people.

"

It’s a shame this person went UNLOS (probably be back in 7 days) as for the purpose of everything after the 1st paragraph is completely irrelevant to the topic of the riots

They say that it was about 3 little girls that were murdered and illegal immigration… but since we know that it was a 17 year old kid from Cardiff who committed the atrocity, unless the immigration people are so concerned about is people from south wales crossing the Severn bridge … it wasn’t just the mindless thugs who hijacked the protest, it was everyone who initially protested that hijacked what happened to the poor children to suit their narrative!

Lots of people made gross generalisations and assumptions….. the only contrition I hear are from those who got arrested after getting caught!

Every one else… not me guv!! Or radio silence!!!

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

"If you've been keeping up with the news over the last week you may have noticed what started as legitimate protests over the 3 girls that were murdered and the concerns of illegal immigration were hijacked by mindless thugs, certainly some far right but there were also legitimate peaceful protesters and all branded as "far right" as its much easier to make a gross generalisation than have a serious discussion on what caused all the rioting and listen to the concerns of the people.

It’s a shame this person went UNLOS (probably be back in 7 days) as for the purpose of everything after the 1st paragraph is completely irrelevant to the topic of the riots

They say that it was about 3 little girls that were murdered and illegal immigration… but since we know that it was a 17 year old kid from Cardiff who committed the atrocity, unless the immigration people are so concerned about is people from south wales crossing the Severn bridge … it wasn’t just the mindless thugs who hijacked the protest, it was everyone who initially protested that hijacked what happened to the poor children to suit their narrative!

Lots of people made gross generalisations and assumptions….. the only contrition I hear are from those who got arrested after getting caught!

Every one else… not me guv!! Or radio silence!!! "

It's amazing that people are still linking the riots to the death of the girls. Even on here, even though it's been debunked.

There was another knife attack today on a 11 year old and her mother in Leicester square. This time a brave man was able to subdue the attacker and prevent further tragedy.

Haven't heard much from the people with legitimate concerns regarding this. Could it be the perpetrator of the attack and the hero don't fit their narrative...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ckg5xx0gly8o.amp

By *abioMan 5 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

It's amazing that people are still linking the riots to the death of the girls. Even on here, even though it's been debunked.

There was another knife attack today on a 11 year old and her mother in Leicester square. This time a brave man was able to subdue the attacker and prevent further tragedy.

Haven't heard much from the people with legitimate concerns regarding this. Could it be the perpetrator of the attack and the hero don't fit their narrative...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ckg5xx0gly8o.amp"

I swear the following are the exact words I used on a tweet on my twitter account today

“Let’s not speculate quite yet about what's happened in leicester square.... or try to twist it to suit a narrative without knowing... we know where that got us last time with misinformation!”

And lo and behold the same people, for example tommy two names, started using the same narratives like they haven’t learned a single thing … until we started to find out about the hero first… and then the attacker

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 5 weeks ago

in Lancashire

I swear the following are the exact words I used on a tweet on my twitter account today

“Let’s not speculate quite yet about what's happened in leicester square.... or try to twist it to suit a narrative without knowing... we know where that got us last time with misinformation!”

And lo and behold the same people, for example tommy two names, started using the same narratives like they haven’t learned a single thing … until we started to find out about the hero first… and then the attacker

"

Wonder if TR will applaud the security guard for his bravery..

By *astandFeistyCouple 5 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"

Tommy' first tweet:

"An 11-year-old girl and a 34-year-old woman have been rushed to the hospital after a double stabbing in London's busy Leicester Square.

Police too busy searching for "wrong speak" 𝕏 posts?"

Tommy' second tweet:

"Leicester Square attacker looking eerily calm after stabbing a mother and 11yr old daughter."

Tommy third tweet:

"ABDULLAH IS A HERO, AS ARE OTHERS WHO RUSHED TO HELP

What kind of people think it's ok to stab children?

As a country, we need to get to the bottom of this bullshit, no amount of 'mental health' excuses this problem.

We want answers NOW!!!!"

I know you'd all like to desperately pin any further unrest on him but answer this...

What narrative?

Bournemouth

Wonder if TR will applaud the security guard for his bravery.."

He was one of the first to do so.

in Lancashire

He was one of the first to do so."

I would say fair play but after the disinformation he spread about the Glasgow stabbing on 3rd August I'm thinking he's trying to deflect..

Bournemouth

I would say fair play but after the disinformation he spread about the Glasgow stabbing on 3rd August I'm thinking he's trying to deflect..

"

I've just searched his account and there's nothing about Glasgow on that date.

This is the problem isn't it, you would say fair play but because you don't like him or information he may have previously shared you just can't bring yourself to give props.

You're intelligent enough to know how that appears.

in Lancashire

This is the problem isn't it, you would say fair play but because you don't like him or information he may have previously shared you just can't bring yourself to give props.

You're intelligent enough to know how that appears. "

Correction, it was in Stirling on the 3rd which you would have seen as you follow him..

It was a false narrative where he falsely claimed a Muslim man had stabbed three women which the police corrected as it was one woman and the guy a local isn't Muslim..

Same as what he tweeted about Southport, and constantly does..

I won't give him any credit whatsoever given his history and what he stands for, but by all means you crack on..

He's the equivalent of anjem choudary except it's about personal gain rather than extreme religious ideology in my eyes both equally deplorable and unwanted by the majority..

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 5 weeks ago

nearby

Correction, it was in Stirling on the 3rd which you would have seen as you follow him..

It was a false narrative where he falsely claimed a Muslim man had stabbed three women which the police corrected as it was one woman and the guy a local isn't Muslim..

I won't give him any credit whatsoever given his history and what he stands for, but by all means you crack on..

He's the equivalent of anjem choudary except it's about personal gain rather than extreme religious ideology in my eyes both equally deplorable and unwanted by the majority.."

All the rioters who came down our street last Wednesday week were white English. One of them smashed a window of a nurses Corsa which she found in the morning trying to get to work.

Robinson is directly to blame for this.

By *eroy1000Man 5 weeks ago

milton keynes

Tommy' first tweet:

"An 11-year-old girl and a 34-year-old woman have been rushed to the hospital after a double stabbing in London's busy Leicester Square.

Police too busy searching for "wrong speak" 𝕏 posts?"

Tommy' second tweet:

"Leicester Square attacker looking eerily calm after stabbing a mother and 11yr old daughter."

Tommy third tweet:

"ABDULLAH IS A HERO, AS ARE OTHERS WHO RUSHED TO HELP

What kind of people think it's ok to stab children?

As a country, we need to get to the bottom of this bullshit, no amount of 'mental health' excuses this problem.

We want answers NOW!!!!"

I know you'd all like to desperately pin any further unrest on him but answer this...

What narrative? "

Definitely not a supporter of this Tommy guy and from what I have read of him on here, I never will be. That said if the tweets posted above are accurate then what has he actually said wrong? If many public figures had said the same thing I would not be surprised. Take out the bit about mental health issues and I could see senior cabinet ministers saying that, even the PM

Bournemouth

He's the equivalent of anjem choudary except it's about personal gain rather than extreme religious ideology in my eyes both equally deplorable and unwanted by the majority.."

Just like the other side and their false narratives huh?

Not being able to give credit when someone has done the right then isn't balanced

in Lancashire

He's the equivalent of anjem choudary except it's about personal gain rather than extreme religious ideology in my eyes both equally deplorable and unwanted by the majority..

Not being able to give credit when someone has done the right then isn't balanced "

He might have done the right thing by yourself but clearly I don't view one backtrack by someone like him in the same light given his history ..

But if you choose to then fine..

Bournemouth

Not being able to give credit when someone has done the right then isn't balanced

He might have done the right thing by yourself but clearly I don't view one backtrack by someone like him in the same light given his history ..

But if you choose to then fine.."

He didn't backtrack on that story. Besides, you clearly haven't watched any of his stuff if you think this is the only one.

By *oandstephCouple 5 weeks ago

Bradford

"If the underlying issues was boat people then in theory n Ireland shouldn't be rioting as no boats arrive there.

But then when did the loyalists need a reason"

they get driven there on coaches lol its certainly been flooded recently with them

Bournemouth

Apparently there are no blasphemy laws in the UK

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/sutton-man-61-chanted-f-151500758.html

Border of London

"Apparently there are no blasphemy laws in the UK

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/sutton-man-61-chanted-f-151500758.html"

Clearly it was someone who was living next door to Allah. For twenty four years...

Bournemouth

You'll be remanded for buying eggs and water now

By *melie LALWoman 5 weeks ago

Peterborough

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/sutton-man-61-chanted-f-151500758.html"

But there is the public order act 1986

Section 5 makes it an offence to use “threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour” or to display “any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting” within the hearing or sight of a person “likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress ...

Peterborough

"You'll be remanded for buying eggs and water now "

I could understand sarcasm re bacon, but eggs?

Bournemouth

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/sutton-man-61-chanted-f-151500758.html

But there is the public order act 1986

Section 5 makes it an offence to use “threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour” or to display “any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting” within the hearing or sight of a person “likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress ..."

The maximum penalty on summary conviction is six months' imprisonment or an unlimited fine or both. Racially or religiously aggravated section 5 is a summary only, non-imprisonable offence and the maximum penalty is a level 4 fine.

Bournemouth

"You'll be remanded for buying eggs and water now

I could understand sarcasm re bacon, but eggs?"

This was not sarcasm.

Peterborough

"You'll be remanded for buying eggs and water now

I could understand sarcasm re bacon, but eggs?

This was not sarcasm. "

Ahhh just madness then

» Add a new message to this topic