FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Riots

Riots

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple 6 weeks ago

midlands

What's your stance if you recognised any of the people involved?

Turn them in, ignore it, speak to them about it?

What if you employ them?

Ignore, warning or fire them?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *iamondsmiles.Woman 6 weeks ago

little house on the praire

Turn them in. Fire them

By *ouples_EroticaXXXCouple 6 weeks ago

manchester

"What's your stance if you recognised any of the people involved?

What if you employ them?

"

They all need to be brought to justice

Name and shame

By *issmorganWoman 6 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

I'd be mortified if I saw anyone I knew setting things on fire, Looting or attacking people/police.

So yep turn them in

I think many forget when they've filmed all their antics, that actions have consequences.

By *andynecklaceWoman 6 weeks ago

West Brom

They should lose their jobs, I wouldn't feel comfortable working with racist that like to set things on fire for fun

By *affron40Woman 6 weeks ago

manchester

Turn them in.

By *eordieJeansCouple 6 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I hate racist scum but where I’m from you don’t grass on people.

By *bi HaiveMan 6 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"They should lose their jobs, I wouldn't feel comfortable working with racist that like to set things on fire for fun"

This. 100%

By *ootnootboopCouple 6 weeks ago

Cheshire

We would be absolutely mortified if we found out anyone we knew was a part of it.

Not the kind of company we tend to/want to keep......

By *arkSovereignMan 6 weeks ago

Lancashire

"I hate racist scum but where I’m from you don’t grass on people. "

Even when people’s lives are at stake? Even when these rioters are a threat to others in society? I don’t grass either, but there are limits and the wellbeing of others, especially innocent people, is the limit so I must disagree with you.

Newcastle upon Tyne

"I hate racist scum but where I’m from you don’t grass on people.

Even when people’s lives are at stake? Even when these rioters are a threat to others in society? I don’t grass either, but there are limits and the wellbeing of others, especially innocent people, is the limit so I must disagree with you. "

It’s just the way it is where I grew up. We don’t grass. If I did my windows would be smashed and my name would be spray painted all over the North East.

By *reggSausageMan 6 weeks ago

derby

On the basis that I wouldn’t be seen in the airspace of Tommy Robinson I would turn them in without even blinking

Even when people’s lives are at stake? Even when these rioters are a threat to others in society? I don’t grass either, but there are limits and the wellbeing of others, especially innocent people, is the limit so I must disagree with you.

It’s just the way it is where I grew up. We don’t grass. If I did my windows would be smashed and my name would be spray painted all over the North East."

Let's hope nothing happens to you and yours then

By *erry bull1Man 6 weeks ago

doncaster

Wow some string words on here

Newcastle upon Tyne

It’s just the way it is where I grew up. We don’t grass. If I did my windows would be smashed and my name would be spray painted all over the North East.Let's hope nothing happens to you and yours then"

That’s a bit of a strange response.

It’s just the way it is where I grew up. We don’t grass. If I did my windows would be smashed and my name would be spray painted all over the North East.Let's hope nothing happens to you and yours then

That’s a bit of a strange response."

Why is it. What would you do if you or family where caught up in the riots?

By *naswingdressWoman 6 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Turn them in. Cut them off.

By *hawn ScottMan 6 weeks ago

london Brixton

probably ask them how tough they were outside of a crowd?

Then ask them to prove it

By *abioMan 6 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

What if you employ them?

"

I find it fascinating overhearing some of the conversations… better the devil you know I suppose

I did find it quite funny that half of Sunderland apparently knew one particular person, and were not afraid to spell out exactly who it was!

By *ealMissShadyWoman 6 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

Turn them in for sure, fuck being associated with that

Newcastle upon Tyne

It’s just the way it is where I grew up. We don’t grass. If I did my windows would be smashed and my name would be spray painted all over the North East.Let's hope nothing happens to you and yours then

That’s a bit of a strange response.Why is it. What would you do if you or family were caught up in the riots?"

You might not know this but I’m mixed race. Half of my family are Muslim and we will be more at risk than the majority on the forums. I’m not particularly scared at the minute but it does feel different just walking down the street with brown skin.

I also grew up in an area where houses were attacked just because someone grassed so my family would be more likely to be caught up in it if I chose to turn someone in. I no longer live in that area but family members do and my address wouldn’t be too hard for people like that to find me.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 6 weeks ago

Central

My punishment would potentially be the most severe they'd get. I'd be disgusted that anyone I know could even contemplate such disgusting behaviour.

By *arla SwingerWoman 6 weeks ago

Somewhere

"probably ask them how tough they were outside of a crowd?

Then ask them to prove it"

Violence breeds violence. I'd rather see enough folk pulled up with public naming/shaming. Hit in their pockets financially via fines/losing jobs, vs a punch in the nose which wouldn't solve much

By *teveAndHisMagicPicklenicMan 6 weeks ago

Ends

If I saw someone I know with these people block and report.

This thread highlights an important thing though. These people DO live and work amongst us. They silent holders of these views. It perfectly highlights the insidious subtle nature of racism in this country. These people go unnoticed for ages.

By *8on33Man 6 weeks ago

winfrith

What if you employ them?

"

Not much chance of that never watched any of it .

By *arks2Couple 6 weeks ago

Warwickshire

As an Asian couple. This is very comforting to read. It's very scary at the moment

By (user no longer on site) 6 weeks ago

Fire them & Turn them in. Unacceptable behaviour and no excuses for it

Do a citizens arrest hand them in to the police even if it family friends then disowne them

By *alandNitaCouple 6 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"Turn them in. Fire them"

This

By *P994Man 6 weeks ago

Travelling

Bearing in mind it’s the tax payer that’s gonna have to fund all the repairs if they worked for me I’d force them into hard labour and fix all the stuff they’ve broken or clean it up at the very least. If I worked with them I’d just steer well clear as they are just a bellend.

Manchester (she/her)

"As an Asian couple. This is very comforting to read. It's very scary at the moment "

I'm so sorry.

By *issmorganWoman 6 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

What if you employ them?

I find it fascinating overhearing some of the conversations… better the devil you know I suppose

I did find it quite funny that half of Sunderland apparently knew one particular person, and were not afraid to spell out exactly who it was! "

Is that the removal woman _abio?

Manchester (she/her)

Oh, and although I don't have employees at this stage, I would certainly find a way to sack anyone involved in these protests.

By *lue RascalMan 6 weeks ago

Cheshire Liverpool Manchester

Would turn them in. Especially the ones that looted Greggs.

Warwickshire

"As an Asian couple. This is very comforting to read. It's very scary at the moment

I'm so sorry."

That's so sweet. Nobody needs to apologise but thank you xx, this isn't your doing. Various communities across the UK are frustrated for all different reasons. Some of then just channel it the wrong way and will very bad information. None of us were born with hate programmed into our brains.

By *eavilMan 6 weeks ago

Stalybridge

What a stupid sentiment - does it apply to murderers and rapists as well?

Scunthorpe

This archaic view is a throwback to the days when criminals were scared to "grass on" other criminals because they'd end up "sleeping emwith the fishes".

For those who aren't part of the criminal world, it's not "grassing" but doing your part as a decent human being.

Cal

Manchester (she/her)

"As an Asian couple. This is very comforting to read. It's very scary at the moment

I'm so sorry.

That's so sweet. Nobody needs to apologise but thank you xx, this isn't your doing. Various communities across the UK are frustrated for all different reasons. Some of then just channel it the wrong way and will very bad information. None of us were born with hate programmed into our brains. "

I'm an immigrant myself - Australian - and I'm often told I'm "not like a real immigrant".

Yeah I am like a real immigrant (like, my ancestors moved from the UK between the 1790s and 1920s). And the idea that I would want to be accepted by the kind of person who rejects people like you - no thank you. That's not a compliment.

Newcastle upon Tyne

What a stupid sentiment - does it apply to murderers and rapists as well?"

I don’t know who you associate with but thankfully I don’t know any murderers and rapists.

By *ldbutrandyMan 6 weeks ago

West Midlands

Depends on their action, if they were just being thick enough to be watching and videoing, I'd pity them.

If they were attacking police , attempting to burn people alive, definitely turn them in. Who'd want scum like that around them ?

Newcastle upon Tyne

This archaic view is a throwback to the days when criminals were scared to "grass on" other criminals because they'd end up "sleeping emwith the fishes".

For those who aren't part of the criminal world, it's not "grassing" but doing your part as a decent human being.

Cal"

I am far from being a part of the criminal world.

So youre happy to be an accessory to a crime by witholding information.

Warwickshire

I'm so sorry.

That's so sweet. Nobody needs to apologise but thank you xx, this isn't your doing. Various communities across the UK are frustrated for all different reasons. Some of then just channel it the wrong way and will very bad information. None of us were born with hate programmed into our brains.

I'm an immigrant myself - Australian - and I'm often told I'm "not like a real immigrant".

Yeah I am like a real immigrant (like, my ancestors moved from the UK between the 1790s and 1920s). And the idea that I would want to be accepted by the kind of person who rejects people like you - no thank you. That's not a compliment."

lol may favourite is "I don't like Indians, not you though, you're different"

Anyway. Let's hope this blows over in a day or so. Don't these people have jobs to go to??

By *arla SwingerWoman 6 weeks ago

Somewhere

We've already had people having to call in to say they can't make it into work, and again for the protest on the 10th. There's a genuine fear for people to be coming in/out of the local cities on public transport due to fear of racist abuse because of colour of their skin. It's an absolute bloody disgrace.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

I'm so sorry.

That's so sweet. Nobody needs to apologise but thank you xx, this isn't your doing. Various communities across the UK are frustrated for all different reasons. Some of then just channel it the wrong way and will very bad information. None of us were born with hate programmed into our brains. "

This..

Manchester (she/her)

I'm so sorry.

Yeah I am like a real immigrant (like, my ancestors moved from the UK between the 1790s and 1920s). And the idea that I would want to be accepted by the kind of person who rejects people like you - no thank you. That's not a compliment.

lol may favourite is "I don't like Indians, not you though, you're different"

Anyway. Let's hope this blows over in a day or so. Don't these people have jobs to go to??"

I'm told Australia isn't a real country, I'm British really.

Nah man. I'm really not.

Newcastle upon Tyne

So youre happy to be an accessory to a crime by witholding information. "

That is not how the law works.

By *ondiego85Man 6 weeks ago

nottingham

Turn them in. Fire them. Name and shame.

No pity for this scum.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan 6 weeks ago

Glasgow

Turn them in. If they work, their employers can consider letting them go for bringing the organisation into disrepute.

By *ife NinjaMan 6 weeks ago

Dunfermline

Turn the fuckers in

By *ortySwitchMan 6 weeks ago

london

"Would turn them in. Especially the ones that looted Greggs."

Interesting that’s where you draw the line! Burning libraries is fine. But don’t you dare ruin a greggs!

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple 6 weeks ago

midlands

We would turn them in.

Attacking the police, burning property, and attacking innocent people based on their skin colour?

No place for this in this country.

By *ldbutrandyMan 6 weeks ago

West Midlands

It's a concern when someone admits that if they knew the identity of an

Animal that attempted to burn innocent people alive that they'd keep quiet .

By *eddManMan 6 weeks ago

teddington

Agree turn them in and fire them. Shocking behaviour

By *pear2000Man 6 weeks ago

Harrow

Name and shame. They all deserve 15 years minimum in jail, ideally death penality. This is a very strong case for re introducing it

By *uenevereWoman 6 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

I would absolutely turn in anyone I recognised.

The behaviour of those involved is despicable and they deserve to be locked away for.

I cannot understand why anyone would turn a blind eye.

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 6 weeks ago

Glasgow

I don’t know who you associate with but thankfully I don’t know any murderers and rapists."

I think they meant if you discovered someone you knew had murdered or r*ped someone.

Would you grass them in or stick to your position.

Scunthorpe

Cal

-----

I am far from being a part of the criminal world."

So it's not "grassing" then, you'll not be breaking any sort of historic code of conduct for gangsters

Newcastle upon Tyne

Cal

-----

So it's not "grassing" then, you'll not be breaking any sort of historic code of conduct for gangsters "

I’m guessing you had a more privileged upbringing than me. I’m also guessing you’ve never dealt with the police as a mixed race man. If that ever changes I’ll let you judge how I choose to deal with these matters.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS 6 weeks ago

1127 walnut avenue

"Would turn them in. Especially the ones that looted Greggs.

Interesting that’s where you draw the line! Burning libraries is fine. But don’t you dare ruin a greggs! "

To be fair... it's probably the first time most of them have probably been in a library they were probably confused as to what it actually was

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 6 weeks ago

Southampton

[Removed by poster at 05/08/24 18:56:34]

Newcastle upon Tyne

I don’t know who you associate with but thankfully I don’t know any murderers and rapists.

I think they meant if you discovered someone you knew had murdered or r*ped someone.

Would you grass them in or stick to your position. "

I’ll let you know if I’m ever in that situation.

By *allguynowMan 6 weeks ago

durham

It’s just the way it is where I grew up. We don’t grass. If I did my windows would be smashed and my name would be spray painted all over the North East."

and it's exactly because people don't turn them in that the scumbags think they rule the roost. Well it's about time they learned there's a new sheriff in town.

By *uenevereWoman 6 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

I’ll let you know if I’m ever in that situation. "

Seriously?!

I don't know what to say that won't get me a forum ban

Harrow

Moron. 'Grass' on anyone and everyone. These people need locking up....ideally putting down

By *ortySwitchMan 6 weeks ago

london

Interesting that’s where you draw the line! Burning libraries is fine. But don’t you dare ruin a greggs!

To be fair... it's probably the first time most of them have probably been in a library they were probably confused as to what it actually was "

This made made laugh more that it aught to.

Scunthorpe

Cal

-----

So it's not "grassing" then, you'll not be breaking any sort of historic code of conduct for gangsters

I’m guessing you had a more privileged upbringing than me. I’m also guessing you’ve never dealt with the police as a mixed race man. If that ever changes I’ll let you judge how I choose to deal with these matters."

You are right that I am white, but I have had far from a privileged background.

The whole idea behind the "snitches get stitches" and "don't ever grass" ideologies is to encourage cowardice and fear of reprisals.

My comments are not intended to be a dig at you (or any individual) , but at the whole ideology that you mentioned.

Cal

Newcastle upon Tyne

Seriously?!

I don't know what to say that won't get me a forum ban "

My point was it’s entirely hypothetical. It hasn’t happened and most likely won’t happen but my inbox is open if you want to say it privately.

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 6 weeks ago

Southampton

Grass the bastards up and bollocks to em... shouldn't be such knuckle dragging fuckwits

By *en_Dover79Man 6 weeks ago

Oswaldtwistle

another cost of living crisis incoming.. .Dickheads damage and loot businesses means higher insurance premiums and higher prices for customers...

By *hocolate37Man 6 weeks ago

Heathrow

Interesting that’s where you draw the line! Burning libraries is fine. But don’t you dare ruin a greggs! "

It's the steak bakes...

Glasgow

Seriously?!

My point was it’s entirely hypothetical. It hasn’t happened and most likely won’t happen but my inbox is open if you want to say it privately."

Am hoping the first scenario regarding the riots is hypothetical too, but you know that you wouldn't " grass".

By *hocolate37Man 6 weeks ago

Heathrow

[Removed by poster at 05/08/24 19:08:04]

By *immy_5belliesMan 6 weeks ago

f

While i do bot agree with the violence after the peaceful protest i do agree with what the protest is about.

The mindless thugs who hijack the protests are not clever enough to realise that once things become violent the cause of the protest if lost and everyone is branded a racist.

Not one news channel broadcast about the Muslim defence league being started yet the English defence league is racist. We all want harmonry and every to be equal then leta see it.people are so scared to be branded racist if they have a few on illegal migration, not migration. I for one believe migration makes for a better country but there has to be integration. The people coming over on the boats have passed through numerous free countries to get to the UK as we give them handouts, homes etc while our homeless are left.

Let the abuse begin

Glasgow

"another cost of living crisis incoming.. .Dickheads damage and loot businesses means higher insurance premiums and higher prices for customers... "

I made this point yesterday, yet they are apparently standing up for the downtrodden working man.

But hey ho, probably won't affect them in prison.

Harrow

A pointless protest over nothing.

Everyone should grass up all involved.

I hope those involved get very very long jail sentences.

Newcastle upon Tyne

Seriously?!

My point was it’s entirely hypothetical. It hasn’t happened and most likely won’t happen but my inbox is open if you want to say it privately.

Am hoping the first scenario regarding the riots is hypothetical too, but you know that you wouldn't " grass"."

The protests are happening in my city on Saturday. Judging by what I’m seeing on social media there will be some people I know there. If they are there to protest peacefully or not is the only hypothetical.

By *hirley147TV/TS 6 weeks ago

Blackpool

If the government actually listened to ordinary people, instead of labelling anyone who believes immigration is out of control as far right that would be a start. Ordinary people are sick of the platitudes and condescending rhetoric of the political elite,who would rather spend money on foreign aliens than British people. We have a housing crisis in this country and yet they are giving social housing to aliens. This starmer person as made a fortune as a human rights lawyer giving them the right to benefit and housing. Much to his shame. Blair enriching himself having started this mess. Britain should look after it's own people first. Like japan and Poland. Tommy robinson is not to blame, the political elite allowed this abortion to happen by allowing all and sun dry in. We are full up. Pudgy faced starmer, is not the man for the job, he is worsening it. Very poor leader and orator.

By *inky_couple2020Couple 6 weeks ago

North West

We would be reporting if we knew anything about anyone involved. We would inform the business we work for too.

I put myself in the shoes of my Great Grandad who was ostracised when he arrived here in the UK and wonder what I'd want for him and my family. Then I apply that to everyone else.

North West

"If the government actually listened to ordinary people, instead of labelling anyone who believes immigration is out of control as far right that would be a start. Ordinary people are sick of the platitudes and condescending rhetoric of the political elite,who would rather spend money on foreign aliens than British people. We have a housing crisis in this country and yet they are giving social housing to aliens. This starmer person as made a fortune as a human rights lawyer giving them the right to benefit and housing. Much to his shame. Blair enriching himself having started this mess. Britain should look after it's own people first. Like japan and Poland. Tommy robinson is not to blame, the political elite allowed this abortion to happen by allowing all and sun dry in. We are full up. Pudgy faced starmer, is not the man for the job, he is worsening it. Very poor leader and orator.

"

After the contributions you made yesterday, we know where you stand. "Very concerning" are polite words we will use.

By *inaTitzTV/TS 6 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Turn them in. I don't want to know any of these racists.

By *hetalkingstoveMan 6 weeks ago

London

"If the government actually listened to ordinary people, instead of labelling anyone who believes immigration is out of control as far right that would be a start. Ordinary people are sick of the platitudes and condescending rhetoric of the political elite,who would rather spend money on foreign aliens than British people. We have a housing crisis in this country and yet they are giving social housing to aliens. This starmer person as made a fortune as a human rights lawyer giving them the right to benefit and housing. Much to his shame. Blair enriching himself having started this mess. Britain should look after it's own people first. Like japan and Poland. Tommy robinson is not to blame, the political elite allowed this abortion to happen by allowing all and sun dry in. We are full up. Pudgy faced starmer, is not the man for the job, he is worsening it. Very poor leader and orator.

"

You're being played for a fool.

The problems that British people are facing are largely due to over a decade of diabolical "government" by the Tories, people who used power to enrich themselves and their cronies, and did nothing for ordinary people.

It's got very little at all to do with immigrants. They're the easy target to deflect from the rich getting steadily richer and public services crumbling.

And you're falling for it.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 6 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

Where I am from, the people with the same values as the racist scum don't 'grass' either. People with their own set of values do. Granted you wouldn't want to make it public but how do people who stand by live with themselves ? They are just as culpable.

By *he KakapoMan 6 weeks ago

A nice rock

"

Man those woke lefties that were in power between Blair and Starmer really made a mess of it all eh

By *andynecklaceWoman 6 weeks ago

West Brom

Don't get the whole don't grass on people...letting these people do what they want only escalates their behaviour and by then it's too late

Manchester (she/her)

Man those woke lefties that were in power between Blair and Starmer really made a mess of it all eh"

Don't be silly, those born to rule can't have consequences. That would be unfair. We must blindly worship them 😅

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

"If the government actually listened to ordinary people, instead of labelling anyone who believes immigration is out of control as far right that would be a start. Ordinary people are sick of the platitudes and condescending rhetoric of the political elite,who would rather spend money on foreign aliens than British people. We have a housing crisis in this country and yet they are giving social housing to aliens. This starmer person as made a fortune as a human rights lawyer giving them the right to benefit and housing. Much to his shame. Blair enriching himself having started this mess. Britain should look after it's own people first. Like japan and Poland. Tommy robinson is not to blame, the political elite allowed this abortion to happen by allowing all and sun dry in. We are full up. Pudgy faced starmer, is not the man for the job, he is worsening it. Very poor leader and orator. "

Poor innocent Laxley hey....The same one who is evading arrest from his Holiday hideout squawking about his upset kids fearing for their safety. Your mate Laxley Lennon has to answer for his part in inciting violence, his kids have no one else to blame but their bitchboy of a Father for putting them in harms way.....Hopefully they'll grow up and not choose to hate, walking around thinking the world owes them

By *affron40Woman 6 weeks ago

manchester

"

Starmer yes the poorly qualified human rights barrister and former chief prosecutor, that’s been in power for just over a month. What a dreadful example he sets for the country 🤣 you make zero sense again.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan 6 weeks ago

Coventry

The extremity of the violence and trouble I think tends to be those who just want to do it and will latch on to any appropriate cause for it. We've seen with with many recent similar bouts of public disorder. With or without a seeming political motivation. For example that mass public disorder in Oxford Street that didn't seem to have any motive other than a bored mind making a great office for the devil.

However the extra added level of danger here seems to come from the organisational efforts and resources of the far right. The ability to organise this element of society who just want to do this.

We've seem this across Europe. They are also able to capitalise on the soft underbelly of Liberal European democracies in a time of difficulty societal problems and tensions. And when times are tough immigrants and the weakest in society are the easiest to blame and direct anger at.

Also I would say watch out for foreign State actors fanning the flames of division in European democracies. For country's like Russia who have an aggressive hybrid warfare program supporting and encouraging such groups is a very cost efficient way to cause serious social damage and cost to European Liberal democracies. I'm sure at a minimum Moscow will be taking delight in this and asking what they can do to keep this disorder and discontent going. As if their aggressive campaign to flood Europe with immigrants wasn't enough.

Manchester (she/her)

"The extremity of the violence and trouble I think tends to be those who just want to do it and will latch on to any appropriate cause for it. We've seen with with many recent similar bouts of public disorder. With or without a seeming political motivation. For example that mass public disorder in Oxford Street that didn't seem to have any motive other than a bored mind making a great office for the devil.

However the extra added level of danger here seems to come from the organisational efforts and resources of the far right. The ability to organise this element of society who just want to do this.

We've seem this across Europe. They are also able to capitalise on the soft underbelly of Liberal European democracies in a time of difficulty societal problems and tensions. And when times are tough immigrants and the weakest in society are the easiest to blame and direct anger at.

Also I would say watch out for foreign State actors fanning the flames of division in European democracies. For country's like Russia who have an aggressive hybrid warfare program supporting and encouraging such groups is a very cost efficient way to cause serious social damage and cost to European Liberal democracies. I'm sure at a minimum Moscow will be taking delight in this and asking what they can do to keep this disorder and discontent going. As if their aggressive campaign to flood Europe with immigrants wasn't enough."

Useful idiots for Moscow. Just what we need.

By *ackformore100Man 6 weeks ago

Tin town

"

You make some fair points. Particularly about stifling any debate and rather than listening and engaging to genuine concerns,being ignored and labelling them as racist and worse just because they have concerns about what has been happening. That said. There is no excuse for some of what's been happening and even though I'm no Starmer fan... Hes only had the keys for a few weeks so we need to see if he can bring immigration under control.And attempt better integration of immigrants into the indigenous population. I like the strong tone being taken to the horrendous lawlessness. I only hope he applies the same level of detail and strength to all law breakers not just this one set that suits his agenda this week. Eg wouldn't it be great if he came strong with those illegally entering the country as well as those thugs committing vandalism.

By *ssex_tomMan 6 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Could this be just the start?

By *ookie46Woman 6 weeks ago

Deepest darkest Peru

What if you employ them?

I did find it quite funny that half of Sunderland apparently knew one particular person, and were not afraid to spell out exactly who it was!

Is that the removal woman _abio? "

Yes, she’s been up to court today

By *teveAndHisMagicPicklenicMan 6 weeks ago

Ends

I don’t believe in snitching on minor things. I would sing like a canary to get a racist locked up.

I’d be like Takashi 69.

Chelmsford

And the irony. Keith Starmer says the prisons are full and let people out early. Now he is saying we will lock up protesters. Arse

Manchester (she/her)

"I don’t believe in snitching on minor things. I would sing like a canary to get a racist locked up.

I’d be like Takashi 69. "

Yup. Some media figures are describing these as pogroms.

I'll do everything in my power to stop anyone I know from being on the side that resembles the fucking Nazis.

Chelmsford

"I don’t believe in snitching on minor things. I would sing like a canary to get a racist locked up.

I’d be like Takashi 69.

I'll do everything in my power to stop anyone I know from being on the side that resembles the fucking Nazis."

In your power ? That will scare them babe

By *immyinreadingMan 6 weeks ago

henley on thames

"Turn them in. Fire them"

Same here.

henley on thames

"And the irony. Keith Starmer says the prisons are full and let people out early. Now he is saying we will lock up protesters. Arse "

Keith?

Manchester (she/her)

I’d be like Takashi 69.

I'll do everything in my power to stop anyone I know from being on the side that resembles the fucking Nazis.

In your power ? That will scare them babe"

Good. Nazis and their contemporary iterations should be scared again.

henley on thames

I’d be like Takashi 69.

In your power ? That will scare them babe"

Why so dismissive?

Manchester (she/her)

I’d be like Takashi 69.

In your power ? That will scare them babe

Why so dismissive? "

I didn't run off like a good little girl from one of his many threads that should be in the politics section.

A nice rock

"And the irony. Keith Starmer says the prisons are full and let people out early. Now he is saying we will lock up protesters. Arse

Keith? "

Keirs younger brother and head of the prisons innit

Manchester (she/her)

"And the irony. Keith Starmer says the prisons are full and let people out early. Now he is saying we will lock up protesters. Arse

Keith?

Keirs younger brother and head of the prisons innit"

They've got nothing of substance to say so they misname him.

By *eau and ArrowCouple 6 weeks ago

Bromsgrove

That’s a bit of a strange response.Why is it. What would you do if you or family were caught up in the riots?

You might not know this but I’m mixed race. Half of my family are Muslim and we will be more at risk than the majority on the forums. I’m not particularly scared at the minute but it does feel different just walking down the street with brown skin.

I also grew up in an area where houses were attacked just because someone grassed so my family would be more likely to be caught up in it if I chose to turn someone in. I no longer live in that area but family members do and my address wouldn’t be too hard for people like that to find me."

Always difficult as people can’t put themselves in another’s shoes….i would like to think that we would all do the right thing but experience says it may not be wise. We reported 3 youths recently for anti social behaviour to the police with pictures of said behaviour identification etc…however we have heard nothing (not judgement on the police but a fact of the situation)

As they were challenged by ourselves we gave subsequently felt very vulnerable as they walk past 2 or 3 times daily

Doing the right thing is just always effective

henley on thames

"Could this be just the start?"

I hope not. And I don’t see why it would be.

A good swathe of arrests and imprisonments and things will calm down quickly, that’s my hope,

By *odgerMan 6 weeks ago

Coventry(ish)/Manchester

"If the government actually listened to straight people, instead of labelling anyone who believes tv/ts is out of control as far right that would be a start. Straight people are sick of the platitudes and condescending rhetoric of the political elite,who would rather spend money on tv/ts than Straight people. We have a housing crisis in this country and yet they are giving social housing to tv/ts. This starmer person as made a fortune as a human rights lawyer giving them the right to benefit and housing. Much to his shame. Blair enriching himself having started this mess. Britain should look after it's own people first. Like japan and Poland. Tommy robinson is not to blame, the political elite allowed this abortion to happen by allowing all and sun dry in. We are full up. Pudgy faced starmer, is not the man for the job, he is worsening it. Very poor leader and orator.

"

You could change this to the above and it'd be the same folk you're seeking to defend saying it...we're all different... embrace it. There's only one human race, many faces, everybody belongs here.

Manchester (she/her)

"If the government actually listened to straight people, instead of labelling anyone who believes tv/ts is out of control as far right that would be a start. Straight people are sick of the platitudes and condescending rhetoric of the political elite,who would rather spend money on tv/ts than Straight people. We have a housing crisis in this country and yet they are giving social housing to tv/ts. This starmer person as made a fortune as a human rights lawyer giving them the right to benefit and housing. Much to his shame. Blair enriching himself having started this mess. Britain should look after it's own people first. Like japan and Poland. Tommy robinson is not to blame, the political elite allowed this abortion to happen by allowing all and sun dry in. We are full up. Pudgy faced starmer, is not the man for the job, he is worsening it. Very poor leader and orator.

You could change this to the above and it'd be the same folk you're seeking to defend saying it...we're all different... embrace it. There's only one human race, many faces, everybody belongs here. "

It's why transphobia is such an effective thin edge of the wedge for fascism

Tin town

[Removed by poster at 05/08/24 22:25:40]

By *ansoffateMan 6 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

I get no grass culture, but there were lines in that community and people who crossed them got dealt with, it just happened before the police arrived at the scene, usually shortly after the ambulance.

The word to define that line was 'sick', which is what this kind of hatred is. I would have zero issues grassing on these people. It's preferable to vigilante justice.

I'd much prefer if we could cure the sickness, the social disease of racism and prejudice, but that's been rotting under the surface a long time now. I just feel sad and deeply worried for my loved ones. There's a part of me that wants to meet fire with fire, but I know that's not the answer. Such sad times we live in when people can make statements like: 'these people have never fought for this country like our grandparents'. And not see the wood for the trees - their grandparents fought against the right-wing fascism that they have become.

Sick and twisted.

Warwickshire

If these so called Patriots are that worried, why don't they sign up for the army and protect the country. The losers obviously don't have jobs give they are out on a Monday and Sunday night. Apparently there's a shortage of soldiers

A nice rock

"If these so called Patriots are that worried, why don't they sign up for the army and protect the country. The losers obviously don't have jobs give they are out on a Monday and Sunday night. Apparently there's a shortage of soldiers"

Jesus christ don't give them access to automatic weapons

By *ty31Man 6 weeks ago

NW London

"Don't get the whole don't grass on people...letting these people do what they want only escalates their behaviour and by then it's too late "

Maybe it's just me that wouldn't grass someone I knew up? I suppose it's the culture one grows up in??

I'd rather pull them to one side and ask them why they want to act like a bellend and what the point is of smashing up their own community.

By *odgerMan 6 weeks ago

Coventry(ish)/Manchester

To be fair, they all voted for Brexit thinking it would end migration and they could get their streets back. Then they realised legal migration was going through the roof as non-whites replaced the europeans to do the jobs they don't want to do whilst seeing their living standards dropping like a stone.

So they go out and riot to trash the country they claim to defend. They must feel so confused because they were sold such a dummy and fell for it.

Manchester (she/her)

"To be fair, they all voted for Brexit thinking it would end migration and they could get their streets back. Then they realised legal migration was going through the roof as non-whites replaced the europeans to do the jobs they don't want to do whilst seeing their living standards dropping like a stone.

So they go out and riot to trash the country they claim to defend. They must feel so confused because they were sold such a dummy and fell for it."

After the referendum I had people telling me that all the immigrants were going to be kicked out.

No shame when I told them I am an immigrant

By *ex HolesMan 6 weeks ago

Up North

What’s that song by ‘Half a shilling’ again?

By *illowendMan 6 weeks ago

Halesworth

I don’t think so

Most geordies have a brain and a conscience

By *abioMan 6 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

What if you employ them?

Is that the removal woman _abio? "

Yes…. The lovely Leanne of Leanne’s removals fame and infamy now!

By *hirley147TV/TS 6 weeks ago

Blackpool

I don't agree with some of the insane trans agenda. There are only two sexes. Children under the age of consent, should not be given hormones or any surgery. A woman is a adult human female. A mother is a adult human female. We don't all sing from the same hymn sheet. And the term cisgender is non sense. You are either a man or a woman or trans.

By *odgerMan 6 weeks ago

Coventry(ish)/Manchester

"To be fair, they all voted for Brexit thinking it would end migration and they could get their streets back. Then they realised legal migration was going through the roof as non-whites replaced the europeans to do the jobs they don't want to do whilst seeing their living standards dropping like a stone.

So they go out and riot to trash the country they claim to defend. They must feel so confused because they were sold such a dummy and fell for it.

After the referendum I had people telling me that all the immigrants were going to be kicked out.

No shame when I told them I am an immigrant "

Kids saying it at schools too. 'When are you getting sent home?'

I'm not sure which golden age we want to go back to, when Britain was 'Great'...crusades, colonisation, kids up chimneys, white knights of the realm abusing kids. White mps abusing kids. White doctors killing their patients. Very easy to generalise from the exception.

Manchester (she/her)

Kids saying it at schools too. 'When are you getting sent home?'

I'm not sure which golden age we want to go back to, when Britain was 'Great'...crusades, colonisation, kids up chimneys, white knights of the realm abusing kids. White mps abusing kids. White doctors killing their patients. Very easy to generalise from the exception."

The bit where we pretend none of that happened.

By *lame It on the BoabyMan 6 weeks ago

Edinburgh

What if you employ them?

"

I wouldn’t want to turn them in but I would do so as I would feel it was my duty to do it. “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”.

If I employed them, they would be gone in a flash. Massive reputational risk and other people may not want to, or feel comfortable, working alongside them.

North West

"I don't agree with some of the insane trans agenda. There are only two sexes. Children under the age of consent, should not be given hormones or any surgery. A woman is a adult human female. A mother is a adult human female. We don't all sing from the same hymn sheet. And the term cisgender is non sense. You are either a man or a woman or trans. "

Are you consuming mind altering substances? What in the heck has any of this got to do with morons setting fire to Holiday Inns, burning community libraries and looting shops etc?!

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't agree with some of the insane trans agenda. There are only two sexes. Children under the age of consent, should not be given hormones or any surgery. A woman is a adult human female. A mother is a adult human female. We don't all sing from the same hymn sheet. And the term cisgender is non sense. You are either a man or a woman or trans. "

Fortunately, the vast majority of medical organisations disagree with you.

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't agree with some of the insane trans agenda. There are only two sexes. Children under the age of consent, should not be given hormones or any surgery. A woman is a adult human female. A mother is a adult human female. We don't all sing from the same hymn sheet. And the term cisgender is non sense. You are either a man or a woman or trans.

Are you consuming mind altering substances? What in the heck has any of this got to do with morons setting fire to Holiday Inns, burning community libraries and looting shops etc?!"

I think there's a lack of coherence in grievance culture. Here's a bad thing - shout about it. Rinse, repeat.

By *hrill CollinsMan 6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

i don't need to sack any of my lads, i'm utterly confident none are racist and besides i only employ dual passport holders. the quarterly dbs and bpss checks would render them automatically dismissed. if i saw from footage someone i knew indulging themselves in this violently racist extremism then not only would i throw the fetid piece of racist shit under the bus, i would be driving the fucking bus .... and i would put my face right up to theirs and tell them i was doing it too.

By *oubleswing2019Man 6 weeks ago

Colchester

Definitely turn them in. If they are smashing up my local area, those costs will be recovered by the local council, so higher taxes will be on the cards.

I would want to see them fined or jailed depending on the severity. I'd also want to see mandatory reconciliation where they have to meet leaders and citizens of the community they smashed up, during some 12-week or so outreach program.

By *idnight RamblerMan 6 weeks ago

Pershore

Perhaps Starmer and Rayner should take the knee to the rioters. It worked very well during BLM rioting a few years back.

By *exanthemMan 6 weeks ago

North

See what is happening with Hindus in Bangladesh, after student revolted against the government, later the movement converted into religious islamic movement.

henley on thames

No shame when I told them I am an immigrant "

Same here. But as I am white, and pay taxes in a well-paying job, i as usually told that I would be fine, I would “probably” be allowed to stay. Gosh, how kind.

I was told by one prominent local brexiteer / ukip / reform bloke that I could stay but shouldn’t have a vote, only English people should have a vote on anything to do with England.

henley on thames

Keith?

Keirs younger brother and head of the prisons innit

They've got nothing of substance to say so they misname him."

We can do better than that .

Chelmsford

Is it time to send the army in,,?

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

Same here. But as I am white, and pay taxes in a well-paying job, i as usually told that I would be fine, I would “probably” be allowed to stay. Gosh, how kind.

I was told by one prominent local brexiteer / ukip / reform bloke that I could stay but shouldn’t have a vote, only English people should have a vote on anything to do with England. "

That would rule me out as well being Welsh what a stupid mentality to have, you have to pity the offspring from these oiks

By *idnight RamblerMan 6 weeks ago

Pershore

"Is it time to send the army in,,?"

What all 17 of them?

Tin town

"Is it time to send the army in,,?

What all 17 of them?"

It's only a rabbit

in Lancashire

"Is it time to send the army in,,?"

No, they are not trained nor equipped to do that role..

Plus your telling the mob it's beat the police and when the army have to go back to it's role which it will do the consequences of a beaten police force and an emboldened mob would be disastrous..

By *melie LALWoman 6 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Depends on their action, if they were just being thick enough to be watching and videoing, I'd pity them.

If they were attacking police , attempting to burn people alive, definitely turn them in. Who'd want scum like that around them ?"

If they were voyeurs I'd want to warn them of the potential guilt by association.

Stay away!

By *oxychick35Couple 6 weeks ago

thornaby

What if you employ them?

"

depends what they where involved in

By *imited 3EditionCouple 6 weeks ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

Appreciate this thread after a disconcerting hour spent catching up on the 2024 race riots news this morning x

By *atricia ParnelWoman 6 weeks ago

In a town full of colours

"While i do bot agree with the violence after the peaceful protest i do agree with what the protest is about.

The mindless thugs who hijack the protests are not clever enough to realise that once things become violent the cause of the protest if lost and everyone is branded a racist.

Not one news channel broadcast about the Muslim defence league being started yet the English defence league is racist. We all want harmonry and every to be equal then leta see it.people are so scared to be branded racist if they have a few on illegal migration, not migration. I for one believe migration makes for a better country but there has to be integration. The people coming over on the boats have passed through numerous free countries to get to the UK as we give them handouts, homes etc while our homeless are left.

Let the abuse begin "

We dont give them all free homes, have you not seen all the economic migrant tent camps dotted around. Asylum seekers from recognised county's eg Ukraine are helped with housing, economic migrants are not, they are just people trying to make a better life for themselves, and unfortunately they are swept up by criminal gangs

Tin town

"While i do bot agree with the violence after the peaceful protest i do agree with what the protest is about.

Let the abuse begin

We dont give them all free homes, have you not seen all the economic migrant tent camps dotted around. Asylum seekers from recognised county's eg Ukraine are helped with housing, economic migrants are not, they are just people trying to make a better life for themselves, and unfortunately they are swept up by criminal gangs "

Genuine question as I was not aware.. Where are the economic migrant tent camps dotted around? I travel around a fair bit and was not aware they existed here.

That is not how the law works."

You need to read up on rhe law then. It is a criminal offence to withold information of a crime from the police.

Chelmsford

You need to read up on rhe law then. It is a criminal offence to withold information of a crime from the police. "

Is that true in all circumstances,?

Chelmsford

"Is it time to send the army in,,?

No, they are not trained nor equipped to do that role..

Plus your telling the mob it's beat the police and when the army have to go back to it's role which it will do the consequences of a beaten police force and an emboldened mob would be disastrous.."

The police can't cope. Send in the Army. Curfew after ,6pm.

Anyone on the streets after that without excuse arrested under military law

By *lynJMan 6 weeks ago

Morden

You need to read up on rhe law then. It is a criminal offence to withold information of a crime from the police.

Is that true in all circumstances,?"

I think the confessional and client confidentiality rules may override that.

Newcastle upon Tyne

You need to read up on rhe law then. It is a criminal offence to withold information of a crime from the police. "

You have no clue what you are talking about.

Newcastle upon Tyne

Have you ever watched The Bill? “You have the RIGHT to remain silent”

Chelmsford

I think the confessional and client confidentiality rules may override that."

And spouse against spouse..

By *batMan 6 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"Let the abuse begin "

To be honest, you are opening yourself up to a bit of ridicule here.

" i do agree with what the protest is about. "

Can you explain exactly what people are protesting about? That might make you less open to ridicule.

"Not one news channel broadcast about the Muslim defence league being started yet the English defence league is racist. "

How do you know about this Muslim defence league if it wasn’t reported on somewhere? Do you trust the veracity of the information you got? And yes, the EDL are racist. Somebody else acting bad won’t change that.

"I for one believe migration makes for a better country but there has to be integration. "

What does integration actually mean to you? Must people dress differently? Must they change their religious beliefs? What? What do you want them to do?

And more importantly WHY? Why do you want them to do certain things? As long as what they do isn’t illegal, why do they need to change their behaviour? Is it because you don’t like it? Is this about you or them?

I live in Spain and the Brits here, especially along the coast, have quite the reputation for not integrating that much!

"The people coming over on the boats have passed through numerous free countries to get to the UK as we give them handouts, homes etc while our homeless are left. "

Sigh…. This is getting repetitive now. ALL European countries give benefits to asylum seekers and they are all broadly similar. There are more asylum seekers that choose other countries than choose the UK.

And do you really think that stopping the small proportion of people who enter the UK on boats is going to have any bearing on homelessness here?

Try getting some huge companies to pay the proper amount in tax, or stop corruption where people give contracts to their mates for PPE that doesn’t work. A billion is a really big number. Billions of pounds has been spunked away like that.

So I hope you don’t see my comments as abusive, but I do think you’re wrong.

Gbat

By *batMan 6 weeks ago

"You need to read up on rhe law then. It is a criminal offence to withold information of a crime from the police. "

If you could quote the specific Act and Section of which law you claim does this, you’d have a much stronger argument.

Gbat

Newcastle upon Tyne

"You need to read up on rhe law then. It is a criminal offence to withold information of a crime from the police.

If you could quote the specific Act and Section of which law you claim does this, you’d have a much stronger argument.

Gbat "

They can’t because it doesn’t exist.

By *batMan 6 weeks ago

"They can’t because it doesn’t exist."

A journey of self discovery can be a powerful one.

Gbat

(By the way, the police act on behalf of the people because they are the people. “A citizen who is locally appointed.” Sharing info with other citizens to safeguard your community isn’t “grassing” and those people who think it is are part of the problem).

Newcastle upon Tyne

"They can’t because it doesn’t exist.

Gbat

(By the way, the police act on behalf of the people because they are the people. “A citizen who is locally appointed.” Sharing info with other citizens to safeguard your community isn’t “grassing” and those people who think it is are part of the problem). "

It’s easy to dismiss other people’s life experience when you haven’t lived it.

Tin town

"They can’t because it doesn’t exist.

Gbat

(By the way, the police act on behalf of the people because they are the people. “A citizen who is locally appointed.” Sharing info with other citizens to safeguard your community isn’t “grassing” and those people who think it is are part of the problem). "

Oh that's a cheap shot to take. Meanwhile back in the real world. There can be horrendous life changing consequences for grassing. It's not always as black and white as you seem to think. Ask those in the boats if they want to grass on the criminal gangs getting them in the boat? They are part of the problem?

By *batMan 6 weeks ago

Seems like people making assumptions about my life experiences?

I don’t expect trafficked people to inform on those trafficking them, but I do expect people who recognise their neighbours are rioters to identify them to the police. Those two things are very different and you know it.

Identifying someone in confidence is very different from being a witness.

https://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information/forms/give-information-anonymously

Gbat

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 6 weeks ago

nearby

Tough line being taken by judges

‘’Michael Williams, 51, of Sparkwell, Devon, has pleaded guilty to a charge of violent disorder relating to protests in Plymouth on Monday night.

PA Media reports Plymouth magistrates court heard there were bottles and rocks being thrown between two groups of protesters before fighting broke out, with Williams seen kicking another man. He was carrying a stone when arrested.

District Judge Joanna Matson remanded Williams into custody, telling him:

These matters are incredibly serious indeed. You have accepted your role in very serious disorder and violence in the city centre that took place on Monday night. That kind of behaviour will not be tolerated in this society. I am satisfied that my sentencing powers are insufficient and I am going to commit you to the crown court for you to be sentenced. ‘

Crown court. No bail.

Newcastle upon Tyne

"Seems like people making assumptions about my life experiences?

I don’t expect trafficked people to inform on those trafficking them, but I do expect people who recognise their neighbours are rioters to identify them to the police. Those two things are very different and you know it.

Identifying someone in confidence is very different from being a witness.

https://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information/forms/give-information-anonymously

Gbat "

This isn’t meant disrespectfully at all but your life experience will be very different from mine and that is all I meant from my comment.

By *batMan 6 weeks ago

"This isn’t meant disrespectfully at all but your life experience will be very different from mine and that is all I meant from my comment."

Of course! And I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful of you when I commented on “anti grassing” culture and being complicit with it is a problem. But I think it IS part of the problem.

This is a snapshot of my experience with racism.

As a child, I moved from Wales to England and suffered “teasing” in every social situation. I was easily identified by my accent. In fact, I burned with shame when teachers would mock my accent in front of the class.

As an adult, I lived in Kabul for fifteen months. I was visibly an ethnic minority then and responsible for my own security for big chunks of my working day. I had to avoid being murdered as part of my daily routine. Some of my co-workers sadly didn’t manage that.

I am now an immigrant in another European country and identifiable by my lower language ability and accent. People assume I’m English, even other Brits who should be able to pinpoint my accent quite easily. I believe I get a lesser service from local businesses as I’m not a local.

So my experience goes from teenage shame to realistic fear of death. And I fully accept your experiences may be worse and on a more lifelong scale. I’m not trying to compete with you.

Gbat

Newcastle upon Tyne

"This isn’t meant disrespectfully at all but your life experience will be very different from mine and that is all I meant from my comment.

Of course! And I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful of you when I commented on “anti grassing” culture and being complicit with it is a problem. But I think it IS part of the problem.

As a child, I moved from Wales to England and suffered “teasing” in every social situation. I was easily identified by my accent. In fact, I burned with shame when teachers would mock my accent in front of the class.

As an adult, I lived in Kabul for fifteen months. I was visibly an ethnic minority then and responsible for my own security for big chunks of my working day. I had to avoid being murdered as part of my daily routine. Some of my co-workers sadly didn’t manage that.

I am now an immigrant in another European country and identifiable by my lower language ability and accent. People assume I’m English, even other Brits who should be able to pinpoint my accent quite easily. I believe I get a lesser service from local businesses as I’m not a local.

So my experience goes from teenage shame to realistic fear of death. And I fully accept your experiences may be worse and on a more lifelong scale. I’m not trying to compete with you.

Gbat "

I feel like this has been a bit of a misunderstanding from both of us. I’m not dismissing your experiences and not saying anything I have experienced has been worse, just different.

henley on thames

Yes.

Did you think it only applies some of the time?

henley on thames

Have you ever watched The Bill? “You have the RIGHT to remain silent”"

So you’re basing your legal understanding on a tv show?

Newcastle upon Tyne

Have you ever watched The Bill? “You have the RIGHT to remain silent”

So you’re basing your legal understanding on a tv show? "

No, I’m basing it on the notice of rights given to suspects when being arrested. It just so happens that it is said on every episode of The Bill.

henley on thames

"This isn’t meant disrespectfully at all but your life experience will be very different from mine and that is all I meant from my comment.

Gbat

I feel like this has been a bit of a misunderstanding from both of us. I’m not dismissing your experiences and not saying anything I have experienced has been worse, just different.

"

… but you seem to be suggesting that some of us don’t understand the difficulties of reporting criminals to the police. I’m sure most of us can recognise the potential dangers, but as citizens we must do our best to help bring criminals to justice

Newcastle upon Tyne

Gbat

… but you seem to be suggesting that some of us don’t understand the difficulties of reporting criminals to the police. I’m sure most of us can recognise the potential dangers, but as citizens we must do our best to help bring criminals to justice "

I’m suggesting nothing of the sort. I’m suggesting some of you don’t understand MY reasons for not wanting any dealings with the police.

henley on thames

Gbat

… but you seem to be suggesting that some of us don’t understand the difficulties of reporting criminals to the police. I’m sure most of us can recognise the potential dangers, but as citizens we must do our best to help bring criminals to justice

I’m suggesting nothing of the sort. I’m suggesting some of you don’t understand MY reasons for not wanting any dealings with the police. "

How can we understand if you don’t tell us?

Newcastle upon Tyne

"

How can we understand if you don’t tell us? "

I had a warrant out for my arrest, the police kicked my door through and threw my disabled mother to the floor. I hadn’t committed a crime, I didn’t even match the description of the suspect and was cleared in an identity parade. That isn’t even the worst of my experiences with the police but please do tell me how I should go to the police and trust them to bring people to justice.

henley on thames

"

I had a warrant out for my arrest, the police kicked my door through and threw my disabled mother to the floor. I hadn’t committed a crime, I didn’t even match the description of the suspect and was cleared in an identity parade. That isn’t even the worst of my experiences with the police but please do tell me how I should go to the police and trust them to bring people to justice.

"

Sounds like an awful experience, good that you were cleared, good to hear that the overall system worked.

So you’re saying that because of this experience, you don’t trust the legal system and wouldn’t report a criminal?

henley on thames

"

Sounds like an awful experience, good that you were cleared, good to hear that the overall system worked.

So you’re saying that because of this experience, you don’t trust the legal system and wouldn’t report a criminal?

"

Looking at it from my own perspective, I feel that it is my civic duty to report criminal activity if I am aware of it. Have I ever done so? Yes.

If I did not behave in the way, then I feel i wouldn’t have much grounds for complaint of i was a victim of a crime but my friends, neighbours and other witnesses withheld information from the police that would help to prosecute the perpetrators.

We are part of the justice system. And we are the largest part.

Newcastle upon Tyne

"

"

I’m saying because of this and many other experiences I wouldn’t. I could fill a thread with the reasons I wouldn’t but I don’t feel I need to justify myself to strangers on the internet (in general, not just you).

By *ezza50Man 6 weeks ago

Peterborough

Send in The Army

By *batMan 6 weeks ago

"Send in The Army "

Aren’t they doing their own job?

Why do you think it’s a good solution? Genuine question.

Gbat

By *astandFeistyCouple 6 weeks ago

Bournemouth

There one thing you don't do and that is be a grass.

Chelmsford

"Send in The Army

Aren’t they doing their own job?

Why do you think it’s a good solution? Genuine question.

Gbat "

Just send in the Army. They will sort it and crack a few skulls

in Lancashire

"There one thing you don't do and that is be a grass. "

Never?

I mean I grew up in Liverpool and it's like the first commandment yet we see children getting shot in their own hall ways because of the code of not being a snitch when everyone knows who the drug dealers are..

I remember as a nine year old a pa#dophile being shopped rightly so by his then sister in law as he was mole#ting his own seven year old daughter..

By *astandFeistyCouple 6 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"There one thing you don't do and that is be a grass.

Never?

I mean I grew up in Liverpool and it's like the first commandment yet we see children getting shot in their own hall ways because of the code of not being a snitch when everyone knows who the drug dealers are..

I remember as a nine year old a pa#dophile being shopped rightly so by his then sister in law as he was mole#ting his own seven year old daughter..

"

Nope, never. And I will judge a grass. I won't lose any sleep over anyone thinking I'm a cunt for that.

By *rioxxxMan 6 weeks ago

edinburgh

On has the answer, birch them, costs very little , only the offender feels the pain and it can be done quickly