FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > So. What was that about bringing the waiting lists down?

So. What was that about bringing the waiting lists down?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple 7 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

https://news.sky.com/story/gps-vote-to-take-collective-action-for-first-time-in-60-years-13188629

Breaking

GPs vote to take collective action for first time in 60 years

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *estivalMan 7 weeks ago

borehamwood

"https://news.sky.com/story/gps-vote-to-take-collective-action-for-first-time-in-60-years-13188629

Breaking

GPs vote to take collective action for first time in 60 years

"

there gona strike?? Ffs if the rest of them are anything like my gp you wont notice there on strike, been trying to get appointment for last cpl of weeks with no joy

By *astandFeistyCouple 7 weeks ago

Bournemouth

As _estival said...

They may aswell do away with GPs at this point because you can't see them anyway.

Hmmm. Ours is cool then co's I have spoken to our family doctor 3 times in two weeks on the phone and twice at surgery.

By *astandFeistyCouple 7 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"Hmmm. Ours is cool then co's I have spoken to our family doctor 3 times in two weeks on the phone and twice at surgery."

You still have a 'family doctor'. You're very lucky.

"Hmmm. Ours is cool then co's I have spoken to our family doctor 3 times in two weeks on the phone and twice at surgery.

You still have a 'family doctor'. You're very lucky. "

Looking that way.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 7 weeks ago

in Lancashire

We've got a really good practice here, better than down south but that's probably down to there being a much smaller catchment..

A surgery that was opened down there because of more development had to close due to staff shortages..

By *estivalMan 7 weeks ago

borehamwood

"Hmmm. Ours is cool then co's I have spoken to our family doctor 3 times in two weeks on the phone and twice at surgery.

You still have a 'family doctor'. You're very lucky. "

if you do ever get an appointment at my gp,s u never see the doc you saw previously, im waiting for surgery and the hospital have told me to get my gp to sign me off work as its making the problem worse, chances are i will end up having the op before i see a gp

The only time we see another Doc' is when holidays are being covered.

By *irldnCouple 7 weeks ago

Brighton

So GPs are technically private sector companies that have secured NHS contracts right? If not all then many are. So does this mean private sector people can/will go on strike. That’ll blow the mind of some on here

By *melie LALWoman 7 weeks ago

Peterborough

GPs striking means less referrals, means waiting lists won't grow

[Removed by poster at 01/08/24 12:48:58]

Patients trying to get a referral and not being able to be referred means that that list of those waiting for consultation and ultimately appointment will grow.

Then, when they start referring again, that waiting list will go through the roof.

*typo*

Peterborough

"Patients trying to get a referral and not being able to be referred means that that list of those waiting for consultation and ultimately appointment will grow.

Then, when they start referring again, that waiting list will go through the roof.

*typo*"

You don't join a waiting list until you've been referred.

Unless you're thinking of that invisible list of people waiting to be seen by their GP.

Other HCPs refer but most are done by GPs.

You'll get it eventually.

By *hetalkingstoveMan 7 weeks ago

London

Maybe the government will negotiate to prevent these strikes? Just before you get too horny about Labour failing.

"Maybe the government will negotiate to prevent these strikes? Just before you get too horny about Labour failing."

I'll take that bet.

Ps. One could NEVER get horny about Labour

By *izandpaulCouple 7 weeks ago

merseyside

Our GP practice is brilliant.

Go on line with your issue and a GP will phone you back, if you need a face to face consultation you nip into surgery later that day or within a few days.

By *idnight RamblerMan 7 weeks ago

Pershore

What's a GP?

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 7 weeks ago

Hastings

"What's a GP?"

Yer what is a GP not seen since befor covid ?

By *mateur100Man 7 weeks ago

nr faversham

Surely every other public service union is looking at the 22% and thinking, we'll have a bit of that for our members? I see many more strikes and/or huge pay rises on the horizon but it's ok, the rich can bear their "fair share of the burden".

in Lancashire

"Surely every other public service union is looking at the 22% and thinking, we'll have a bit of that for our members? I see many more strikes and/or huge pay rises on the horizon but it's ok, the rich can bear their "fair share of the burden". "

Pretty much all of the public sector under the coalition and the Tories were unjustly treated because the Tories chose them rather than their friends in the banks etc..

Why should any sector of society, the essential services be in a position where the private sector average pay increase was + 3.5% and teachers etc were -9% in that time?

Do they have less bills, lower mortgages etc..

nr faversham

"Surely every other public service union is looking at the 22% and thinking, we'll have a bit of that for our members? I see many more strikes and/or huge pay rises on the horizon but it's ok, the rich can bear their "fair share of the burden".

Pretty much all of the public sector under the coalition and the Tories were unjustly treated because the Tories chose them rather than their friends in the banks etc..

Why should any sector of society, the essential services be in a position where the private sector average pay increase was + 3.5% and teachers etc were -9% in that time?

"

Correct me if I'm wrong but they chose, under the recommendation of their unions, to accept the pay offers over the period of the last 14 years. If that's resulted in them heading towards destitution, they should've considered that 5 or 10 years ago, but hey, let's trash the economy to a scale even Liz truss couldn't manage.

in Lancashire

"Surely every other public service union is looking at the 22% and thinking, we'll have a bit of that for our members? I see many more strikes and/or huge pay rises on the horizon but it's ok, the rich can bear their "fair share of the burden".

Correct me if I'm wrong but they chose, under the recommendation of their unions, to accept the pay offers over the period of the last 14 years. If that's resulted in them heading towards destitution, they should've considered that 5 or 10 years ago, but hey, let's trash the economy to a scale even Liz truss couldn't manage. "

No, you are very wrong..

They were imposed, 1% and in some years nothing..

At the same time the number of millionaires and the wealth of the super rich has risen exponentially..

Do you think it's right that some nurses, firefighters and teachers were using food banks in what is one of the richest countries in the world..?

nr faversham

Correct me if I'm wrong but they chose, under the recommendation of their unions, to accept the pay offers over the period of the last 14 years. If that's resulted in them heading towards destitution, they should've considered that 5 or 10 years ago, but hey, let's trash the economy to a scale even Liz truss couldn't manage.

No, you are very wrong..

At the same time the number of millionaires and the wealth of the super rich has risen exponentially..

Do you think it's right that some nurses, firefighters and teachers were using food banks in what is one of the richest countries in the world..?"

No I don't, and that takes me back to my original point, if one sector gets 22% the rest will want the same. 1% wasn't imposed because only the police are unable to strike so nurses, firefighters and teachers have that right. This remains the 5th richest country the last time I checked, unfortunately we allow that wealth to spent unwisely in my opinion. Whilst we are at it, this probably inflated £20bn black hole that RR is on about could almost be wiped out in a year if we just suspended the foreign aid but hey, I'm sure that's all unacceptable to the vocal minority. Good night

Peterborough

No, you are very wrong..

Do you think it's right that some nurses, firefighters and teachers were using food banks in what is one of the richest countries in the world..?

No I don't, and that takes me back to my original point, if one sector gets 22% the rest will want the same. 1% wasn't imposed because only the police are unable to strike so nurses, firefighters and teachers have that right. This remains the 5th richest country the last time I checked, unfortunately we allow that wealth to spent unwisely in my opinion. Whilst we are at it, this probably inflated £20bn black hole that RR is on about could almost be wiped out in a year if we just suspended the foreign aid but hey, I'm sure that's all unacceptable to the vocal minority. Good night "

Shame you don't know what you're on about.

nr faversham

No, you are very wrong..

No I don't, and that takes me back to my original point, if one sector gets 22% the rest will want the same. 1% wasn't imposed because only the police are unable to strike so nurses, firefighters and teachers have that right. This remains the 5th richest country the last time I checked, unfortunately we allow that wealth to spent unwisely in my opinion. Whilst we are at it, this probably inflated £20bn black hole that RR is on about could almost be wiped out in a year if we just suspended the foreign aid but hey, I'm sure that's all unacceptable to the vocal minority. Good night

Shame you don't know what you're on about."

Educate me

nr faversham

If I can also get the point in that I think our police are grossly underpaid and treated like shit by public and power alike.

in Lancashire

No, you are very wrong..

No I don't, and that takes me back to my original point, if one sector gets 22% the rest will want the same. 1% wasn't imposed because only the police are unable to strike so nurses, firefighters and teachers have that right. This remains the 5th richest country the last time I checked, unfortunately we allow that wealth to spent unwisely in my opinion. Whilst we are at it, this probably inflated £20bn black hole that RR is on about could almost be wiped out in a year if we just suspended the foreign aid but hey, I'm sure that's all unacceptable to the vocal minority. Good night "

The other sectors within the public service have not and won't be asking for 22%, can't speak for all of them if course but they will in all likelihood be accepting the recommendations of the individual pay review bodies..

It's a bit of a nonsense you've predicated your post upon as it's one group who have been offered that again by the review body and if you can't understand why then you really aren't looking at what's gone in in the last 14 years..

Peterborough

No, you are very wrong..

Shame you don't know what you're on about.

Educate me"

You've already been informed about pay freezes and 1% salary increases (for those at the top of their bands). You do know nurses never wanted to go on strike, and historically, for over 100 years hadn't?

nr faversham

No, you are very wrong..

The other sectors within the public service have not and won't be asking for 22%, can't speak for all of them if course but they will in all likelihood be accepting the recommendations of the individual pay review bodies..

It's a bit of a nonsense you've predicated your post upon as it's one group who have been offered that again by the review body and if you can't understand why then you really aren't looking at what's gone in in the last 14 years..

"

I would suggest that your view is, frankly, delusional, but I'm sure time will tell.

» Add a new message to this topic