FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > How is he sat in this position in American Society?

How is he sat in this position in American Society?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple 7 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

https://news.sky.com/story/is-she-indian-or-is-she-black-donald-trump-questions-kamala-harriss-racial-identity-13188356

******Donald Trump draws gasps as he questions Kamala Harris's racial identity

The Republican nominee's comments attracted criticism as he falsely suggested Kamala Harris has been misleading voters about her race, saying the vice president was "always of Indian heritage" until "she happened to turn black".*****

He still manages to leave me speechless at least 3 or 4 times a week !!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irldnCouple 7 weeks ago

Brighton

What ethnicity is orange?

By *ools and the brainCouple 7 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

H appeals to the mindless majority,I can't believe he said what he said but he'll shrug it off blame everyone else for misunderstanding what he said.

I do genuinely believe he's partly responsible for the current state of the world today and the spread of misinformation,his Blaise attitude has almost made it seem perfectly ok to spread bullshit and lies not to mention his personal attacks at others.

He'll just pull the old "I was nearly assassinated" card every time he does or says something the likes of you and I couldn't get away with.

Let's hope he's gone to far this time and he's assassinated his own presidential aspirations.

couple, us we him her.

"H appeals to the mindless majority,I can't believe he said what he said but he'll shrug it off blame everyone else for misunderstanding what he said.

I do genuinely believe he's partly responsible for the current state of the world today and the spread of misinformation,his Blaise attitude has almost made it seem perfectly ok to spread bullshit and lies not to mention his personal attacks at others.

He'll just pull the old "I was nearly assassinated" card every time he does or says something the likes of you and I couldn't get away with.

Let's hope he's gone to far this time and he's assassinated his own presidential aspirations."

He.

By (user no longer on site) 7 weeks ago

"H appeals to the mindless majority,I can't believe he said what he said but he'll shrug it off blame everyone else for misunderstanding what he said.

Let's hope he's gone to far this time and he's assassinated his own presidential aspirations."

Was he not almost assassinated then?

What would be the consequences for you if you said the same thing? Would someone in another country write something about you on a swingers forum?

Brighton

Let's hope he's gone to far this time and he's assassinated his own presidential aspirations.

He."

He wasn’t nearly assassinated, the bullet through his ear missed his brain by at least two feet

couple, us we him her.

He.

He wasn’t nearly assassinated, the bullet through his ear missed his brain by at least two feet "

couple, us we him her.

Was he not almost assassinated then?

What would be the consequences for you if you said the same thing? Would someone in another country write something about you on a swingers forum?"

Well maybe,if I said it on here I'd certainly get jumped on.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 7 weeks ago

Border of London

"https://news.sky.com/story/is-she-indian-or-is-she-black-donald-trump-questions-kamala-harriss-racial-identity-13188356

The Republican nominee's comments attracted criticism as he falsely suggested Kamala Harris has been misleading voters about her race, saying the vice president was "always of Indian heritage" until "she happened to turn black".*****

"

Have you not met *some* of his followers?

It's not about reason and logic with many of them. He can plant a seed and the Internet does the rest...

"https://news.sky.com/story/is-she-indian-or-is-she-black-donald-trump-questions-kamala-harriss-racial-identity-13188356

It's not about reason and logic with many of them. He can plant a seed and the Internet does the rest..."

If you read my previous posts about Trump, you will see that my post is purely rhetorical,

By *abioMan 7 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I wondered if this would come up…. I decided not to because I know I’d be accused of “something or other “

If you have not watched the entire 34 minutes (he was due to be interviewed for an hour… but his team cut it short!) I would absolutely encourage people to do so!!

I would call it a shitshow… but that would be offensive… to shit!!!

Black twitter was an absolute riot last night….. the hashtag #wheniturnedblack may have some of the funniest things I have seen in ages

By *abioMan 7 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

In all seriousness what he will try to spin this as what that he went “into the lions den” so to speak and gave that what for… then he will claim he is the true victim as they were nasty people for asking questions

It wasn’t an exercise in try to gain black support… it was an exercise in trying to make white people feel less guilty and give them an out to vote for him!

By *otMe66Man 7 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"I wondered if this would come up…. I decided not to because I know I’d be accused of “something or other “

If you have not watched the entire 34 minutes (he was due to be interviewed for an hour… but his team cut it short!) I would absolutely encourage people to do so!!

Black twitter was an absolute riot last night….. the hashtag #wheniturnedblack may have some of the funniest things I have seen in ages "

I’m going to ask the question….

Did she in the past claim to be Indian, and what do Indians prefer, Indian, black, of colour? How does she prefer to be described now?

I haven’t got a clue but it looks like I’m the odd out.

couple, us we him her.

"In all seriousness what he will try to spin this as what that he went “into the lions den” so to speak and gave that what for… then he will claim he is the true victim as they were nasty people for asking questions

It wasn’t an exercise in try to gain black support… it was an exercise in trying to make white people feel less guilty and give them an out to vote for him! "

Surely his PR people must have known what he was going to say in advance?

couple, us we him her.

"I wondered if this would come up…. I decided not to because I know I’d be accused of “something or other “

Black twitter was an absolute riot last night….. the hashtag #wheniturnedblack may have some of the funniest things I have seen in ages

Did she in the past claim to be Indian, and what do Indians prefer, Indian, black, of colour? How does she prefer to be described now?

I haven’t got a clue but it looks like I’m the odd out."

Given that she comes from split parents she can call herself whatever she wants. Her competence as a president is far more important than being Indian or Black.

Surely she's just American, why the need for labels?

Two points:

1. The fact that he is asking the question in the first place - why?

But remember he did the same with Barack Obama.

2. That he asks this question at a convention hosted by the National Association of Black Journalists in Chicago.

What colour she identifies as really isn't the issue.

Terra Firma

Given that she comes from split parents she can call herself whatever she wants. Her competence as a president is far more important than being Indian or Black.

Surely she's just American, why the need for labels?

"

I’m not making any assumptions and have not brought into question her heritage in terms of ability, you’ve done that…

I do question her political leanings though, but that is another thread

By *roadShoulderzMan 7 weeks ago

Lerwick

It's not about reason and logic with many of them. He can plant a seed and the Internet does the rest..."

His followers need constant feeding of this sort of nonsense to keep them onside and donating money. That's why he has to do it. Otherwise they lose interest and go back to shooting each other.

His problem is he also needs to win votes from swing voters who are probably more worldly and intelligent. I doubt this appeals to them.

His next problem is the main reason not to vote Democrat was Biden's age related competence. Harris just needs to be competent and a unifier to be the next POTUS.

Trump knows this already and is appearing desperate. Perhaps he is getting advice from Rishi and his team. They followed the same route....

Terra Firma

Two points:

2. That he asks this question at a convention hosted by the National Association of Black Journalists in Chicago.

"

I haven’t asked for that explanation. Im aware of what you pointed out

By *abioMan 7 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

She has an Indian mum and a Jamaican dad….. she has always recognised both sides of her family

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 7 weeks ago

golden fields

"

In fairness to Trump, the people who support him and vote for him will either be energised by these race related comments or just not give a fuck.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 7 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"In all seriousness what he will try to spin this as what that he went “into the lions den” so to speak and gave that what for… then he will claim he is the true victim as they were nasty people for asking questions

It wasn’t an exercise in try to gain black support… it was an exercise in trying to make white people feel less guilty and give them an out to vote for him!

Surely his PR people must have known what he was going to say in advance?"

I did smile when I read this and yes one would think there was some sort of a strategy to what might come up although I'm not sure what he's said in relation to this issue would have ever entered his people's minds as anything other than wtf..

He didn't testify in the hush money trial which I would think was his lead council not allowing him to..

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 01/08/24 08:55:45]

Terra Firma

She has an Indian mum and a Jamaican dad….. she has always recognised both sides of her family "

So he really is just being a twat and using the fact she recognises both Indian and black as a some sort of indecision.

It is good to get the whole picture, thank you

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 7 weeks ago

Border of London

"

HahahahahahagagGsjdururu jbdnfj hrkrj fjirj

Nope. He often goes off-script and someone comes out later to "clarify", or he gets guided off. This happened during his presidency, too. His followers (it could be said) indulge him as a slightly eccentric uncle who still brings presents...

By *abioMan 7 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Sort of…. At the beginning where trump talks about the event running 30 minutes late because of “technical issues on the organisers side “ ….. well the NABJ’s side of the story was that they told the trump team that the people doing the interview were going to fact check him in live time.. and they absolutely did not want this and refused to come out

You will notice the only time they did it was on the abortion question where he claimed democrats supported it right up until live birth… which they rightly stated that is actually illegal in all states

By (user no longer on site) 7 weeks ago

Trump’s been making great inroads with Hispanic voters and to a lesser extent with black voters.

This has no doubt been a major annoyance for the Democrats who think that they can rely on black voters to overwhelmingly support them come what may. A bit like the UK Labour Party has always assumed that it can rely on the north of England to vote Labour no matter how shit Labour is.

It harks back to Biden’s comment about people “not being black” if they don’t vote Democrat.

The clear media messaging here is that black people need to “get back in their lane” with the group identity and stop thinking independently.

golden fields

"Trump’s been making great inroads with Hispanic voters and to a lesser extent with black voters.

This has no doubt been a major annoyance for the Democrats who think that they can rely on black voters to overwhelmingly support them come what may. A bit like the UK Labour Party has always assumed that it can rely on the north of England to vote Labour no matter how shit Labour is.

It harks back to Biden’s comment about people “not being black” if they don’t vote Democrat.

The clear media messaging here is that black people need to “get back in their lane” with the group identity and stop thinking independently."

Good point, what about Labour.

Joking aside. This is a good insight to how people who like Trump will react to his comments.

Trump can do and say anything, they just don't give a fuck.

Terra Firma

"Trump’s been making great inroads with Hispanic voters and to a lesser extent with black voters.

The clear media messaging here is that black people need to “get back in their lane” with the group identity and stop thinking independently.

Joking aside. This is a good insight to how people who like Trump will react to his comments.

Trump can do and say anything, they just don't give a fuck. "

They give less of a fuck about the things you give a fuck about.

It really is just that .

By *astandFeistyCouple 7 weeks ago

Bournemouth

It really is just that . "

Isn't diversity wonderful?

golden fields

It really is just that . "

Not sure why you're trying to make this about me, as if me not being racist is some kind of radical extremist position.

And I am completely not involved in the debate, I wasn't there, I have nothing to do with what went on.

Why are you trying to make it about me?

Terra Firma

It really is just that .

Not sure why you're trying to make this about me, as if me not being racist is some kind of radical extremist position.

And I am completely not involved in the debate, I wasn't there, I have nothing to do with what went on.

Why are you trying to make it about me?"

I’m a bit lost with this, I will leave it there

golden fields

It really is just that .

Why are you trying to make it about me?

I’m a bit lost with this, I will leave it there"

Fair play. As long as you stop trying to make things that are unrelated to me, about me. We're good.

By *estivalMan 7 weeks ago

borehamwood

Wow Johnny you really do think everyone is having a dig at you don't ya I'd see someone about that if I were you

By *abioMan 7 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

The clear media messaging here is that black people need to “get back in their lane” with the group identity and stop thinking independently."

Absolute bs… sorry this sort of spin needs to be called out!

If that is your take with what happened yesterday you obviously have not seen 1 second of the 34 minutes of that interview

Trump literally went off the plot from the very first answer and got no better, he was woefully unprepared for what he could or would be asked (probably because of the type of interviews where he has been lobbed softballs by Fox News, Newsmax, OANN ect) and wasn’t prepared to the pushback to his stock answers (when he did answer them and didn’t go off on a tangent)

golden fields

"Wow Johnny you really do think everyone is having a dig at you don't ya I'd see someone about that if I were you"

He wasn't having a dig at me. He was trying to make it about me. I've no idea why.

Terra Firma

"Wow Johnny you really do think everyone is having a dig at you don't ya I'd see someone about that if I were you

He wasn't having a dig at me. He was trying to make it about me. I've no idea why."

I really wasn't.. But as I said you lost me with your reply.

golden fields

"Wow Johnny you really do think everyone is having a dig at you don't ya I'd see someone about that if I were you

He wasn't having a dig at me. He was trying to make it about me. I've no idea why.

I really wasn't.. But as I said you lost me with your reply. "

Just to remind you, in a conversation about Trump, and about his supporters, you said "They give less of a fuck about the things you give a fuck about"

This bears no relation to the discussion, you're just trying to make it about me. I've no idea why, or to what end.

By *astandFeistyCouple 7 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Just to remind you, in a conversation about Trump, and about his supporters, you said "They give less of a fuck about the things you give a fuck about"

This bears no relation to the discussion, you're just trying to make it about me. I've no idea why, or to what end. "

It bears relation...

You said 'the don't give a fuck'

Not me replied 'they give a fuck about different things to you'

It's really easy to understand that whilst you'll care about some things and not others, other people will also.

At no point did he "make it about you"

in Lancashire

This bears no relation to the discussion, you're just trying to make it about me. I've no idea why, or to what end. "

I read it as a generic point, ok it could have been worded to 'about us' but I don't think it was meant maliciously..

Tbh how often have we all heard it said they, being politicians don't give a fuck about us once they have their votes..

golden fields

This bears no relation to the discussion, you're just trying to make it about me. I've no idea why, or to what end.

I read it as a generic point, ok it could have been worded to 'about us' but I don't think it was meant maliciously..

Tbh how often have we all heard it said they, being politicians don't give a fuck about us once they have their votes.."

I don't think it was malicious, just don't know why he was trying to make it about me and things I "give a fuck about". Completely irrelevant.

By *ill69888Couple 7 weeks ago

cheltenham

It’s a very silly thing to say and there are many political things he could challenge her on without going down this route. However, he isn’t the only one who uses very clumsy/inflammatory language. It wasn’t long ago that Biden said “poor kids are just as bright as white kids”….

The USA does have a problem with clowns rising to the top, always has, always will.

By *abioMan 7 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Anyway… back to the thread

It’s basically a form of birtherism…. But it was the remix, he did it with ted Cruz, then Obama, he alluded to it with Nikki Haley and now Kamala Harris

He trotted out the same old hits….

He knew going it what he was going to do and it wasn’t an outreach exercise… it was to feed his base! Put those people in their place!

Brighton

"It’s a very silly thing to say and there are many political things he could challenge her on without going down this route. However, he isn’t the only one who uses very clumsy/inflammatory language. It wasn’t long ago that Biden said “poor kids are just as bright as white kids”….

The USA does have a problem with clowns rising to the top, always has, always will."

The UK says “Boris Johnson”

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 7 weeks ago

Cumbria

"It’s a very silly thing to say and there are many political things he could challenge her on without going down this route. However, he isn’t the only one who uses very clumsy/inflammatory language. It wasn’t long ago that Biden said “poor kids are just as bright as white kids”….

The USA does have a problem with clowns rising to the top, always has, always will.

The UK says “Boris Johnson” "

And Liz Truss.

Terra Firma

And Liz Truss."

Why was Liz Truss a clown?

golden fields

And Liz Truss.

Why was Liz Truss a clown?"

I don't see Liz Truss as a clown like figure.

By *iman2100Man 7 weeks ago

Glasgow

And Liz Truss.

I don't see Liz Truss as a clown like figure. "

Liz Truss was not a conventional clown but she did crash the economy which made her and her Chancellor look incompetent.

Terra Firma

And Liz Truss.

I don't see Liz Truss as a clown like figure.

Liz Truss was not a conventional clown but she did crash the economy which made her and her Chancellor look incompetent. "

I'm going to ask a serious question, how did she crash the economy?

Brighton

And Liz Truss.

I don't see Liz Truss as a clown like figure. "

No not a clown. An easily manipulated marionette who was too narcissistic (or stupid) to realise her strings have been getting pulled for years (since Oxford).

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 7 weeks ago

Gilfach

Trump was clearly just trying to stir up controversy, and saying stuff that he knew would get headlines.

But it does make me think. Back in the day America had the "one drop" rule, which effectively said that if you had any black heritage, no matter how small, you were black, and hence prohibited from certain things.

That law has rightly been repealed, but it seems that nowadays people are queuing up to claim that they have one drop of black blood, and therefore deserve special treatment.

I wonder if there is a backlash growing amongst people who consider themselves "properly black", and don't like all these newcomers trying to join the club. Is it possible that Trump had scripted these words in attempt to appeal to those people?

Just to be clear again, I'm not attempting to justify Trump. I'm just wondering whether this was a random meander from him, or if it was a pre-planned thing.

golden fields

"Trump was clearly just trying to stir up controversy, and saying stuff that he knew would get headlines.

But it does make me think. Back in the day America had the "one drop" rule, which effectively said that if you had any black heritage, no matter how small, you were black, and hence prohibited from certain things.

That law has rightly been repealed, but it seems that nowadays people are queuing up to claim that they have one drop of black blood, and therefore deserve special treatment.

I wonder if there is a backlash growing amongst people who consider themselves "properly black", and don't like all these newcomers trying to join the club. Is it possible that Trump had scripted these words in attempt to appeal to those people?

Just to be clear again, I'm not attempting to justify Trump. I'm just wondering whether this was a random meander from him, or if it was a pre-planned thing."

I think you give Trump too much credit. I think it was just random brain firings, as per normal.

By *abioMan 7 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Trump was clearly just trying to stir up controversy, and saying stuff that he knew would get headlines.

Just to be clear again, I'm not attempting to justify Trump. I'm just wondering whether this was a random meander from him, or if it was a pre-planned thing."

You mean are you trying to ask if he is trying to split the “lights” from the “darks”…… sorry, I am being really facetious….

Let’s me try and answer that question the nicest way I can… if you think there is advantage to being black, I’ll let you take the questionnaire… and you can join the club!!

(I hope you took the above in the joking spirit I said it!)

Something came to me whilst I was in bed last night… trump plays this card a lot

Remember he has form of questioning identity before

Remember the barrack Hussain Obama.. and him demanding to see the long form birth certificate and that he wasn’t born in the US

Did you also know he played the same thing with ted Cruz in the republican primary saying he parents weren’t American and he was born in Canada

And then in this primary season when he was having issues with Nikki Haley, (she also has Indian heritage.. mum Indian dad white) he started calling her by her full given name, Nimrata

Gilfach

"You mean are you trying to ask if he is trying to split the “lights” from the “darks”…… sorry, I am being really facetious…."

That's what I meant, but if I'd phrased it that way I'm sure the responses I got works have been rather different.

"Remember he has form of questioning identity before

Remember the barrack Hussain Obama.. and him demanding to see the long form birth certificate and that he wasn’t born in the US

Did you also know he played the same thing with ted Cruz in the republican primary saying he parents weren’t American and he was born in Canada

And then in this primary season when he was having issues with Nikki Haley, (she also has Indian heritage.. mum Indian dad white) he started calling her by her full given name, Nimrata "

That does seem more likely, just sowing doubt in people's minds that they know who she is.

By *enny PR9TV/TS 7 weeks ago

Southport

Trump has crapped the bed, instead of changing the sheets he's decided to roll around in his own excrement.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 7 weeks ago

Cumbria

What special treatment are you talking about?

Gilfach

"What special treatment are you talking about?"

Mostly it's just the ability to shut down all criticism by claiming that the other person is racist.

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Glasgow

I wonder what " The Donald " identifies as. German, Scottish or American..?

Gilfach

"I wonder what " The Donald " identifies as. German, Scottish or American..?"

I think he identifies as President.

golden fields

"I wonder what " The Donald " identifies as. German, Scottish or American..?

I think he identifies as President."

... The best president ever, and probably ever will be, they're all saying it, everyone is saying it.

By *eavilMan 7 weeks ago

Stalybridge

Welcome to the twilight zone!

in Lancashire

"I wonder what " The Donald " identifies as. German, Scottish or American..?"

After saying god saved him, probably the chosen one..

By *vbride1963TV/TS 7 weeks ago

E.K . Glasgow

"I wonder what " The Donald " identifies as. German, Scottish or American..?

I think he identifies as President."

President Orange ?

By *piritualBlackBWW1979Woman 7 weeks ago

Medway

Facts!!!

By *piritualBlackBWW1979Woman 7 weeks ago

Medway

Two points:

"

Trump is about causing division. You can't look for rationale in a human that clearly doesn't have any.

He's one of the most dangerous people around.

I say that because he has a frightening amount of power and influence over ordinary people, who are then going to follow him and do something stupid or dangerous. There is never an in-between when it comes to Trump supporters.

By *onica-mayhemWoman 7 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

"Trump has crapped the bed, instead of changing the sheets he's decided to roll around in his own excrement. "

Good point! Terrible mental imagery.

It's got so far down the road these days that nothing he says will ever get the 'never-trumpers' to change their minds about him. So what does he do?.....double down on everything that upsets them. By doing so he cranks up the 'forever-trumpers'..

It's nothing more than reality TV and mindless entertainment. Gotta love the meltdowns though.

golden fields

"Trump has crapped the bed, instead of changing the sheets he's decided to roll around in his own excrement.

It's got so far down the road these days that nothing he says will ever get the 'never-trumpers' to change their minds about him. So what does he do?.....double down on everything that upsets them. By doing so he cranks up the 'forever-trumpers'..

It's nothing more than reality TV and mindless entertainment. Gotta love the meltdowns though. "

It's the floating voters that confuse me the most. Doesn't seem like someone who has many people on the fence about him.

By *onica-mayhemWoman 7 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

"Trump has crapped the bed, instead of changing the sheets he's decided to roll around in his own excrement.

It's nothing more than reality TV and mindless entertainment. Gotta love the meltdowns though.

It's the floating voters that confuse me the most. Doesn't seem like someone who has many people on the fence about him. "

You have to leave room for the people that don't follow politics or give a rat's ass who ends up in the oval office....but they'll vote just for the craic.

» Add a new message to this topic