FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Looks like it's really going to be a summer of riots!

Looks like it's really going to be a summer of riots!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple 7 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ce4q8eepj8po

Be careful out there.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 7 weeks ago

golden fields

We're reaping the effects of years and years of hate and fear stoked by the media, the previous government, people like Lawrence Fox, Tommy Robinson, Farage, etc, and of course Reform.

This, to me, is likely to be gang on gang crime - stoked by social media - read through the text of the article.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 7 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Used to different back in the days of mods and rockers..

Or did it..

By *estivalMan 7 weeks ago

borehamwood

Im sure all the people who are "rioting" will make sure to liberate footlocker and jd sports

By *idnight RamblerMan 7 weeks ago

Pershore

"We're reaping the effects of years and years of hate and fear stoked by the media, the previous government, people like Lawrence Fox, Tommy Robinson, Farage, etc, and of course Reform."

....or years of gormless uncontrolled immigration? Take your pick.

By *irldnCouple 7 weeks ago

Brighton

"This, to me, is likely to be gang on gang crime - stoked by social media - read through the text of the article."

Will it redefine the meaning of a gang bang though?

By *anJenny 181Couple 7 weeks ago

Preston

"We're reaping the effects of years and years of hate and fear stoked by the media, the previous government, people like Lawrence Fox, Tommy Robinson, Farage, etc, and of course Reform.

....or years of gormless uncontrolled immigration? Take your pick."

Well it's like this whilst we are fighting the boats & rioting in the streets we are leaving the real enemy alone.

I say stop fighting over the crumbs and let's stand together and fight for the food off the top table.

golden fields

"We're reaping the effects of years and years of hate and fear stoked by the media, the previous government, people like Lawrence Fox, Tommy Robinson, Farage, etc, and of course Reform.

Thank you for providing an example of the kind of rhubarb that winds up these types.

But not everyone who has a massive hardon for blaming everything on immigrants is out there rioting. That's not what I meant.

By *otMe66Man 7 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Thank you for providing an example of the kind of rhubarb that winds up these types.

But not everyone who has a massive hardon for blaming everything on immigrants is out there rioting. That's not what I meant. "

It came across as one sided...

I have mentioned this before, ignore and dismiss the anger people have and it will bite those that do on the backside, no matter how repulsive you might find their opinions.

in Lancashire

But not everyone who has a massive hardon for blaming everything on immigrants is out there rioting. That's not what I meant.

I have mentioned this before, ignore and dismiss the anger people have and it will bite those that do on the backside, no matter how repulsive you might find their opinions. "

I don't think anyone is ignoring it and certainly not dismissing it, there are issues that some are concerned about but some are whilst genuine being embellished and even fabricated by those who seek not to address them but to use them to further spread division..

Who'd be a home secretary eh.

"This, to me, is likely to be gang on gang crime - stoked by social media - read through the text of the article.

Will it redefine the meaning of a gang bang though?"

Not unless you want to include machetes into your play.

Terra Firma

I have mentioned this before, ignore and dismiss the anger people have and it will bite those that do on the backside, no matter how repulsive you might find their opinions.

I don't think anyone is ignoring it and certainly not dismissing it, there are issues that some are concerned about but some are whilst genuine being embellished and even fabricated by those who seek not to address them but to use them to further spread division..

Who'd be a home secretary eh.

"

I agree and the crux of the problem is Leeds, Southport, Southend and everywhere else in this country has managed to accumulate some rather but very similar nasty individuals, who have no real skin in the game other than using the distraction of a protest or community anger to ignite a riot, allowing them to destroy as much as they can and attack the police with impunity.

These people need ing out and dealt with accordingly through the courts, not looked at as victims being frustrated.

Only the communities can do this.

The Southend disorder was aimed at two 'groups'. Not the Police.

in Lancashire

Southend was a day out for gangs from London, they would have been there to settle some scores amongst the numbers who went..

I'll be honest and say I'd like to see the legislation tightened so that those who organise such things or play a part (as it is with internet paedophiles) face something similar to that which put choudary away..

Terra Firma

"The Southend disorder was aimed at two 'groups'. Not the Police."

The point I was making and probably not well enough.. There are gangs roaming around looking for trouble anywhere they can get it.

"The Southend disorder was aimed at two 'groups'. Not the Police.

The point I was making and probably not well enough.. There are gangs roaming around looking for trouble anywhere they can get it."

For sure.

By *onica-mayhemWoman 7 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

But not everyone who has a massive hardon for blaming everything on immigrants is out there rioting. That's not what I meant. "

Antifa thugs don't get a mention in your attack on divisive figures and groups?

Not to mention bought and paid for agent provocateurs on both sides?

Terra Firma

"

Horrid little creatures, I find.

golden fields

I have mentioned this before, ignore and dismiss the anger people have and it will bite those that do on the backside, no matter how repulsive you might find their opinions. "

I'm not ignoring and dismissing. I'm proposing that it comes from, is hyped up by and stoked by the likes of the right wing elements of the media, the last government, and the others that I mentioned as examples.

golden fields

"

Why do you want me to anti-fascists?

Belfast/dublin

Why do you want me to anti-fascists?"

I'm just going to guess what you meant by that and say...I'd rather there weren't any thugs. Be they fascist, right wing, anti fascist or left wing.

golden fields

I'm just going to guess what you meant by that and say...I'd rather there weren't any thugs. Be they fascist, right wing, anti fascist or left wing. "

I don't understand your point, have anti-fascists been rioting in Southport? I haven't read much news today.

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 31/07/24 18:16:36]

Terra Firma

I'm just going to guess what you meant by that and say...I'd rather there weren't any thugs. Be they fascist, right wing, anti fascist or left wing.

I don't understand your point, have anti-fascists been rioting in Southport? I haven't read much news today. "

🤦🏼‍♂️

golden fields

I don't understand your point, have anti-fascists been rioting in Southport? I haven't read much news today.

🤦🏼‍♂️"

Face palm because I can't answer a question about something I have no knowledge about from someone else?

Belfast/dublin

I don't understand your point, have anti-fascists been rioting in Southport? I haven't read much news today. "

Not sure about Southport because I don't live there but the thread was about a summer of riots. In more general terms as opposed to the one tragic incident that occurred this week. So yes...antifa do riot. Maybe not in Southport this week but it is a thing that they do. You called out the people you disagree with (they are pricks) but to add some balance to your points you should be calling out trouble makers on all sides.

golden fields

Not sure about Southport because I don't live there but the thread was about a summer of riots. In more general terms as opposed to the one tragic incident that occurred this week. So yes...antifa do riot. Maybe not in Southport this week but it is a thing that they do. You called out the people you disagree with (they are pricks) but to add some balance to your points you should be calling out trouble makers on all sides. "

Okay, so I should add in some thoughts about some hypothetical riots from non-racists as well?

Okay, also not great.

Terra Firma

🤦🏼‍♂️

Face palm because I can't answer a question about something I have no knowledge about from someone else?"

You do now and you haven’t changed your approach.

All good

golden fields

🤦🏼‍♂️

Face palm because I can't answer a question about something I have no knowledge about from someone else?

You do now and you haven’t changed your approach.

All good "

Yes I asked for clarification, but the other poster did. So now I know what's being asked. And I answered. See above.

Belfast/dublin

Not sure about Southport because I don't live there but the thread was about a summer of riots. In more general terms as opposed to the one tragic incident that occurred this week. So yes...antifa do riot. Maybe not in Southport this week but it is a thing that they do. You called out the people you disagree with (they are pricks) but to add some balance to your points you should be calling out trouble makers on all sides.

Okay, so I should add in some thoughts about some hypothetical riots from non-racists as well?

Okay, also not great. "

Well done. That's all it takes! You see? It's not that difficult to open your mind a little. You've earned your vegan latte...

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 31/07/24 18:44:30]

golden fields

Okay, also not great.

Well done. That's all it takes! You see? It's not that difficult to open your mind a little. You've earned your vegan latte... "

Thanks, are there any other hypothetical riots I need to mention before I'm allowed to speak about the racists rioting because they don't like foriegners and Muslims?

Belfast/dublin

Okay, also not great.

Well done. That's all it takes! You see? It's not that difficult to open your mind a little. You've earned your vegan latte...

Thanks, are there any other hypothetical riots I need to mention before I'm allowed to speak about the racists rioting because they don't like foriegners and Muslims?"

You can speak about whatever you like. You support free speech, right? Well so do I....fill your boots

By *usybee73Man 7 weeks ago

in the sticks

Problem is, people riot against each other in this country... try looking up the hill directing it all.

By *mateur100Man 7 weeks ago

nr faversham

Okay, also not great.

Thanks, are there any other hypothetical riots I need to mention before I'm allowed to speak about the racists rioting because they don't like foriegners and Muslims?"

Do you ever consider that a failure or I willingness to integrate is an issue?

https://news.sky.com/story/southport-stabbing-latest-number-of-casualties-after-reports-of-stabbing-13186819

London and Hartlepool now . . .

*****Southport latest: Second night of violence as dozens arrested in London and police attacked in Hartlepool

More than 100 people were arrested outside Downing Street last night after a violent protest broke out in the wake of the Southport attack. It follows false reports that the suspect in Monday's knife attack, who will appear in court this morning, is an asylum seeker.*****

Let's really be careful out there.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 7 weeks ago

Cumbria

The far right are out in force, time for a Cable Street moment.

Brighton

I blame our state education system. Too many thick as mince knuckle draggers released into adulthood and society lacking any intelligence or the ability to separate fact from fiction and resorting to violence to achieve their aims. And the fact that people voted for them too! Those rival gangs in that posh old building in Westminster *pah*

By (user no longer on site) 7 weeks ago

Good to see the police getting violent with old people minding their business, punching bystanders in the face, and arresting TV news reporters.

Let’s hope we see the same policing standards next time the Hamas supporters are out in the streets.

I shan’t hold my breath.

Brighton

“Nigel Farage nothing better than Tommy Robinson in a suit, says Jo Cox’s husband after Southport riot comments”

Brighton

"Good to see the police getting violent with old people minding their business, punching bystanders in the face, and arresting TV news reporters.

Let’s hope we see the same policing standards next time the Hamas supporters are out in the streets.

I shan’t hold my breath."

There’s a suspended officer from GMP saying “hold my beer!”

"“Nigel Farage nothing better than Tommy Robinson in a suit, says Jo Cox’s husband after Southport riot comments”"

Good to see the narrative has moved swiftly on after the murders of three girls and attempted murder of ten others.

Politicians: these girls will never be forgotten.

Politicians 48 hours later: Farage is bad, white people are knuckle draggers and racists, something must be banned on the internet.

100% as predicted two days ago.

golden fields

Okay, also not great.

Thanks, are there any other hypothetical riots I need to mention before I'm allowed to speak about the racists rioting because they don't like foriegners and Muslims?

Do you ever consider that a failure or I willingness to integrate is an issue?"

Of course. Those types just refuse to even attempt to integrate with normal people, and use any excuse to riot and throw shit at a mosque.

My opinion is that people aren't inherently racist, it's a learned behaviour, fueled by the elements I mentioned above.

golden fields

"“Nigel Farage nothing better than Tommy Robinson in a suit, says Jo Cox’s husband after Southport riot comments”"

How embarrassing for Tommy Robinson.

Terra Firma

Of course there will be more of the same for a short time, events will encourage copycat incidents.

This happens when the far left take over protests for Palestine, overrunning campuses, creating no go zones in cities across the states, it is all copycat and is replicated evenly across the fringe elements.

It will all quieten down in the next few days and the problems swept under the carpet, which will make politicians happy as it has gone away.

golden fields

"Of course there will be more of the same for a short time, events will encourage copycat incidents.

This happens when the far left take over protests for Palestine, overrunning campuses, creating no go zones in cities across the states, it is all copycat and is replicated evenly across the fringe elements.

It will all quieten down in the next few days and the problems swept under the carpet, which will make politicians happy as it has gone away. "

Definitely going to get swept under the carpet, I agree. There's zero chance any of these violent racists are going to get five year prison sentences.

By *wisted999Man 7 weeks ago

North Bucks

Seemed some very heavy handed policing last night. Just seen a protester get punched in the face multiple times and thrown to the floor after a couple of hefty knees to the face.

Think he needs the same lawyer as the airport guy.

By *eroy1000Man 7 weeks ago

milton keynes

"Of course there will be more of the same for a short time, events will encourage copycat incidents.

It will all quieten down in the next few days and the problems swept under the carpet, which will make politicians happy as it has gone away.

Definitely going to get swept under the carpet, I agree. There's zero chance any of these violent racists are going to get five year prison sentences. "

If arrested and charged they could spend time in prison. Depends on individual reactions, circumstances and their past. Same as any other offence

golden fields

Definitely going to get swept under the carpet, I agree. There's zero chance any of these violent racists are going to get five year prison sentences.

If arrested and charged they could spend time in prison. Depends on individual reactions, circumstances and their past. Same as any other offence"

That's the point, it won't be the "same as any other offence".

Race hate motivated violent rioting will be less serious than peaceful protest against the fossil fuels industry.

Terra Firma

"Seemed some very heavy handed policing last night. Just seen a protester get punched in the face multiple times and thrown to the floor after a couple of hefty knees to the face.

Think he needs the same lawyer as the airport guy.

"

I’m not sure he still holds a license to practice after that shit show he put on for those 2 thugs.

milton keynes

If arrested and charged they could spend time in prison. Depends on individual reactions, circumstances and their past. Same as any other offence

Race hate motivated violent rioting will be less serious than peaceful protest against the fossil fuels industry. "

When I say same as any other offence I mean the process, not the final result. As you may remember this came up on another thread and someone kindly posted a link that shows how things are worked out and the starting point of any sentence. If an individual is proven to have attacked a police officer that makes it a more serious. If it is proven to be racially motivated it also makes it more serious. Apparently trying to conceal your identity is another factor that makes it worse. Then they can get the sentence reduced a bit if they plead guilty, cooperate with the police, first time offence etc. No idea what the final outcome for them will be. As always we rely on the police and judges to do their job according to the rules.

golden fields

Race hate motivated violent rioting will be less serious than peaceful protest against the fossil fuels industry.

When I say same as any other offence I mean the process, not the final result. As you may remember this came up on another thread and someone kindly posted a link that shows how things are worked out and the starting point of any sentence. If an individual is proven to have attacked a police officer that makes it a more serious. If it is proven to be racially motivated it also makes it more serious. Apparently trying to conceal your identity is another factor that makes it worse. Then they can get the sentence reduced a bit if they plead guilty, cooperate with the police, first time offence etc. No idea what the final outcome for them will be. As always we rely on the police and judges to do their job according to the rules."

Of course, and we have to rely on them. But as has been shown, they give very long sentences to people who protest against the fossil fuels industry. Nearly as long as the average sentence given for sexual assault.

We can wait and see. But I have very little faith in the system. I suspect most of these violent racists will get a slap on the wrist of some kind.

milton keynes

When I say same as any other offence I mean the process, not the final result. As you may remember this came up on another thread and someone kindly posted a link that shows how things are worked out and the starting point of any sentence. If an individual is proven to have attacked a police officer that makes it a more serious. If it is proven to be racially motivated it also makes it more serious. Apparently trying to conceal your identity is another factor that makes it worse. Then they can get the sentence reduced a bit if they plead guilty, cooperate with the police, first time offence etc. No idea what the final outcome for them will be. As always we rely on the police and judges to do their job according to the rules.

Of course, and we have to rely on them. But as has been shown, they give very long sentences to people who protest against the fossil fuels industry. Nearly as long as the average sentence given for sexual assault.

We can wait and see. But I have very little faith in the system. I suspect most of these violent racists will get a slap on the wrist of some kind."

Waiting and seeing is our only option. Like you I hope they get punished severely. Some may come down to the police proving certain things I mentioned before. The protesters broke the law while protesting as far as I am aware and faced the same system.

By *astandFeistyCouple 7 weeks ago

Bournemouth

We can wait and see. But I have very little faith in the system. I suspect most of these violent racists will get a slap on the wrist of some kind."

You've been told on numerous occasions that the sentences were not for 'protest'.

By calling these people, as a collective, racists, you're playing into their hands.

Stop lying and talking nonsense.

Brighton

" Stop lying and talking nonsense."

Hmmm feels a bit like straying towards ad hominem territory

Bournemouth

" Stop lying and talking nonsense.

Hmmm feels a bit like straying towards ad hominem territory "

Or it could be directly addressing a lie. What's Ad Hom about that?

golden fields

We can wait and see. But I have very little faith in the system. I suspect most of these violent racists will get a slap on the wrist of some kind.

Waiting and seeing is our only option. Like you I hope they get punished severely. Some may come down to the police proving certain things I mentioned before. The protesters broke the law while protesting as far as I am aware and faced the same system. "

I suppose it's more punished appropriately rather than severely. Seems very imbalanced with recent sentencing.

Brighton

Or it could be directly addressing a lie. What's Ad Hom about that?"

Small acorns

Bournemouth

Small acorns "

You mean like continually repeating lies?

If you're gonna isolate everything I say to certain posters, you're gonna have to do better than this one

in Lancashire

Texted a mate to see how his son was after last night, said he's fine and just thinking if it does kick off regularly there'll be lots of overtime..

Brighton

Small acorns

If you're gonna isolate everything I say to certain posters, you're gonna have to do better than this one "

I’m just joshing with you. The heat has got to me and I’m in a playful mood - unlike the knuckle draggers who have decided to riot - make love not war I say

These protestors just need more sex. Mellow everyone out

in Lancashire

Small acorns

If you're gonna isolate everything I say to certain posters, you're gonna have to do better than this one

I’m just joshing with you. The heat has got to me and I’m in a playful mood - unlike the knuckle draggers who have decided to riot - make love not war I say

These protestors just need more sex. Mellow everyone out "

If they get sent down they may well get more sex ..

Brighton

Small acorns

These protestors just need more sex. Mellow everyone out

If they get sent down they may well get more sex .. "

Oooof

By *hawn ScottMan 7 weeks ago

london Brixton

Maybe I'll move back to Belfast, seems to be quieter there!

Quieter than Brixton?

london Brixton

"Quieter than Brixton?"

Oh yeah! In Belfast we had protesters hijack an electricity company and left East Belfast with no electricity for 3 months

Burned out buses blocking roads and police using plastic bullets, tear gas and water cannons.

Oh and so far in Brixton I haven't heard a loud boom and felt my house shake as the town centre had been blown up.

in Lancashire

Brixton's been quiet since 95, getting a bit gentrified now..

I can't see this particular rent a mob going anywhere near..

london Brixton

"Brixton's been quiet since 95, getting a bit gentrified now..

I can't see this particular rent a mob going anywhere near.."

The head office for the big issue got replaced by a Foxtons!

That has to be the most ironic gentrification ever!

By *oxychick35Couple 7 weeks ago

thornaby

Not sure about Southport because I don't live there but the thread was about a summer of riots. In more general terms as opposed to the one tragic incident that occurred this week. So yes...antifa do riot. Maybe not in Southport this week but it is a thing that they do. You called out the people you disagree with (they are pricks) but to add some balance to your points you should be calling out trouble makers on all sides. "

but he doesn’t consider the farleft as trouble makers there the future of the planet in his eyes lol

By *ravelmanxxxMan 7 weeks ago

Durham /Sunderland

Not sure about Southport because I don't live there but the thread was about a summer of riots. In more general terms as opposed to the one tragic incident that occurred this week. So yes...antifa do riot. Maybe not in Southport this week but it is a thing that they do. You called out the people you disagree with (they are pricks) but to add some balance to your points you should be calling out trouble makers on all sides. but he doesn’t consider the farleft as trouble makers there the future of the planet in his eyes lol"

[Removed by poster at 01/08/24 16:19:33]

Starmer Press conference . . .

---------------------------------------

To combat the 'marauding mobs'

*We are having mobile reaction units - riot squads no less.

*More Facial Recognition Cameras.

*A National Violent Disorder Unit. Coordinated response at a national level.

*Starmer's message to Muslim communities

Asked to give a message to Muslim communities, the prime minister says: "I will take every step that is necessary to keep you safe.

"The far right is showing who they are, we have to show who we are."

Sir Keir says that's why the government held its meeting with police chiefs today to ensure the "strongest possible response" to protect all citizens, including Muslims.

*The prime minister is asked if he will be giving extra police resources.

Sir Keir Starmer says the clear message from police is not that they need more powers, but to use the existing powers they have.

------------------------------------------

Back to the Future and Welcome to the 80's

golden fields

Not sure about Southport because I don't live there but the thread was about a summer of riots. In more general terms as opposed to the one tragic incident that occurred this week. So yes...antifa do riot. Maybe not in Southport this week but it is a thing that they do. You called out the people you disagree with (they are pricks) but to add some balance to your points you should be calling out trouble makers on all sides. but he doesn’t consider the farleft as trouble makers there the future of the planet in his eyes lol "

Why are you thumbs upping this utter bollocks this person made up about me?

Because this thread is about the current disorder and riots . . .

I'll post the latest once again:

---------------------

Starmer Press conference . . .

---------------------------------------

To combat the 'marauding mobs'

*We are having mobile reaction units - riot squads no less.

*More Facial Recognition Cameras.

*A National Violent Disorder Unit. Coordinated response at a national level.

*Starmer's message to Muslim communities

Asked to give a message to Muslim communities, the prime minister says: "I will take every step that is necessary to keep you safe.

"The far right is showing who they are, we have to show who we are."

Sir Keir says that's why the government held its meeting with police chiefs today to ensure the "strongest possible response" to protect all citizens, including Muslims.

*The prime minister is asked if he will be giving extra police resources.

Sir Keir Starmer says the clear message from police is not that they need more powers, but to use the existing powers they have.

------------------------------------------

Back to the Future and Welcome to the 80's

Starmer speakzzzzz….

Less than a month into the Labour government, things are running out of control, and the expected crackdown on civil liberties begins.

Government by the 20% for the 20%…..

By *uietbloke67Man 7 weeks ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Summers nearly over.

Be careful, we wouldn't want a rioters to burn your car out our smash your wall down in the name of democracy.

in Lancashire

"Starmer speakzzzzz….

Less than a month into the Labour government, things are running out of control, and the expected crackdown on civil liberties begins.

Government by the 20% for the 20%….."

Do you possibly think that a failed asylum processing system under the last Tory government which is costing millions per week and the ramping up of anti immigration rhetoric from some elements of the media plus the likes of the right wing of the same Tory party and reform might have anything to do with it..

[Removed by poster at 02/08/24 14:18:02]

Looooong summer of protests . . .

Counter protests planned across the UK this weekend

Counter-protests are being planned across the UK this weekend in response to far-right demonstrations.

Violent disorder took place in Southport, London, Hartlepool, Manchester, and Aldershot this week in the aftermath of the Southport stabbings.

Protests were fuelled by speculation online about the attacker and his motives, including inaccurate claims that he was a Muslim asylum seeker.

Several police officers were injured in the protests, cars were burned, and mosques were targeted and attacked.

Merseyside Police publicly identified the English Defence League (EDL) as a key factor in starting many protests, while Sir Keir Starmer labelled violent rioters as "far-right thugs".

More protests have been planned over the coming days, but campaign groups like Stand Up To Racism are organising their own counter demonstrations,

These are set to take place in cities including Leeds, Liverpool, Cardiff, Manchester, Bristol, Birmingham, Weymouth, and Rotherham.

"The lessons of history on defeating racist and fascist movements are clear: unite, stand up to and mobilise against fascism, racism, Islamophobia and antisemitism," the group said in a post on X.

And Belfast.

By *imited 3EditionCouple 7 weeks ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

That propaganda was not wasted on you!

Those who do not learn from history are apt to repeat it.

Ever hear of the divide and rule tactic? It's fail proof for a reason (hint it involves masses who are unwilling to reason)

london Brixton

"Looooong summer of protests . . .

Counter protests planned across the UK this weekend

Counter-protests are being planned across the UK this weekend in response to far-right demonstrations.

Violent disorder took place in Southport, London, Hartlepool, Manchester, and Aldershot this week in the aftermath of the Southport stabbings.

Protests were fuelled by speculation online about the attacker and his motives, including inaccurate claims that he was a Muslim asylum seeker.

Several police officers were injured in the protests, cars were burned, and mosques were targeted and attacked.

Merseyside Police publicly identified the English Defence League (EDL) as a key factor in starting many protests, while Sir Keir Starmer labelled violent rioters as "far-right thugs".

More protests have been planned over the coming days, but campaign groups like Stand Up To Racism are organising their own counter demonstrations,

These are set to take place in cities including Leeds, Liverpool, Cardiff, Manchester, Bristol, Birmingham, Weymouth, and Rotherham.

"The lessons of history on defeating racist and fascist movements are clear: unite, stand up to and mobilise against fascism, racism, Islamophobia and antisemitism," the group said in a post on X.

And Belfast."

Well yeah as all the prods and catholics are all now friends they had to find someone else to pick on.

I grew up with division and hatred propaganda. Yep history has a funny way of repeating itself!

golden fields

Seems like lots of small groups of racists will be gathering to protest this weekend.

Hopefully they just drink a few cans, shout at eachother and go home.

Cumbria

"Seems like lots of small groups of racists will be gathering to protest this weekend.

Hopefully they just drink a few cans, shout at eachother and go home. "

You mean they aren’t going to be peacefully expressing legitimate concerns, and definitely not being racists?

golden fields

"Seems like lots of small groups of racists will be gathering to protest this weekend.

You mean they aren’t going to be peacefully expressing legitimate concerns, and definitely not being racists?"

Last time they protested here they all arrived by coach from somewhere, drank cans of special brew while verbally abusing some kids in headscarves, drop lots of litter, got rained on, tried to get into 'spoons, went home.

If they expect riots in so many places are we all really buying the spin that its 'just a few thugs'?

in Lancashire

You mean they aren’t going to be peacefully expressing legitimate concerns, and definitely not being racists?

Last time they protested here they all arrived by coach from somewhere, drank cans of special brew while verbally abusing some kids in headscarves, drop lots of litter, got rained on, tried to get into 'spoons, went home. "

There's a rather bizarre irony, most of them won't have a fucking clue about it but for a gang of thugs who rant about some women who wear the veil and all that they say is bad about that..

That their posters are telling them to cover their faces..

in Lancashire

"If they expect riots in so many places are we all really buying the spin that its 'just a few thugs'? "

Anyone has the right to peacefully protest of coorse they do but when they attack places of worship, shops, smash peoples walls and fences, commit arson and attack the police yeah they are all thugs..

Cumbria

I see the people with legitimate concerns, who definitely aren’t racist, are *checks notes* attacking a mosque in Sunderland to protest the killing of three children by someone who wasn’t a Muslim.

Tell me again how we should take these people’s concerns seriously.

london Brixton

"If they expect riots in so many places are we all really buying the spin that its 'just a few thugs'?

Anyone has the right to peacefully protest of coorse they do but when they attack places of worship, shops, smash peoples walls and fences, commit arson and attack the police yeah they are all thugs..

"

Yeah they aren't doing themselves any favours. Whilst groups like the EDL disgust me I belive in freedom and should be allowed to protest like anyone else. As long as its peaceful, if the government start banning protest marches then that a very dangerous thin end of the wedge

By *eordieJeansCouple 7 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"I see the people with legitimate concerns, who definitely aren’t racist, are *checks notes* attacking a mosque in Sunderland to protest the killing of three children by someone who wasn’t a Muslim.

Tell me again how we should take these people’s concerns seriously."

Mackems. You can’t take the seriously.

in the sticks

Hopefully the good old lefties, and the starmtroopers will keep the British public safe ...

golden fields

"Hopefully the good old lefties, and the starmtroopers will keep the British public safe ..."

Why "good old lefties"?

Plenty of right wing people are opposed to race hate too.

in Lancashire

"Hopefully the good old lefties, and the starmtroopers will keep the British public safe ..."

Shouldn't need anyone but the police force should we..

in the sticks

"Hopefully the good old lefties, and the starmtroopers will keep the British public safe ...

Why "good old lefties"?

Plenty of right wing people are opposed to race hate too. "

Thought we were the human race?

in the sticks

"Hopefully the good old lefties, and the starmtroopers will keep the British public safe ...

"

That's the theory... but in reality it's all different tiers of policing

in Lancashire

That's the theory... but in reality it's all different tiers of policing "

It's certainly a perception amongst some but the way to deal with it is not to attack places of worship and shop and the police because all the state will do is clamp down rightly to protect communities from a mob..

Then nothing gets looked at and the cycle goes on..

golden fields

Why "good old lefties"?

Plenty of right wing people are opposed to race hate too.

Thought we were the human race?"

Not to some people who attack mosques.

By *abioMan 7 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I see the people with legitimate concerns, who definitely aren’t racist, are *checks notes* attacking a mosque in Sunderland to protest the killing of three children by someone who wasn’t a Muslim.

Tell me again how we should take these people’s concerns seriously."

I think the words we are looking for are “thick as pigshit!”

Glad I never go out in Sunderland anymore….

By *ife NinjaMan 7 weeks ago

Dunfermline

They're being played by rich people for their own ends. Migration has always been happening as long as the world has been turning.

Try love, not hate

By *d StrakerMan 7 weeks ago

Basildon

So they're attacking mosques in retaliation for the stabbings carried out by someone who isn't a Muslim????

Absolute fucking morons. I'm sure the parents of those dead kids who are suffering through the worst thing imaginable are so pleased that they've caused so much damage, supposedly for them

Stop the planet, I want to get off!!

golden fields

"So they're attacking mosques in retaliation for the stabbings carried out by someone who isn't a Muslim????

Absolute fucking morons. I'm sure the parents of those dead kids who are suffering through the worst thing imaginable are so pleased that they've caused so much damage, supposedly for them

Stop the planet, I want to get off!!"

Racists aren't really known to be the sharpest minds.

I see they've attacked another mosque in Sunderland, and thrown beer cans and rocks at the police.

Shows the effects of the anti-immigrant and anti-muslim rhetoric that has been pumped out for so long now.

By *ostindreamsMan 7 weeks ago

London

The behaviour of many rioters are abominable. I am not sure how many of them got the courage after seeing how the police handled the Leeds riots.

The government really needs to do something to restore respect to the police or this is going to keep happening.

Basildon

"So they're attacking mosques in retaliation for the stabbings carried out by someone who isn't a Muslim????

I see they've attacked another mosque in Sunderland, and thrown beer cans and rocks at the police.

Shows the effects of the anti-immigrant and anti-muslim rhetoric that has been pumped out for so long now. "

I'm sure the Daily Mail and the Express will be blaming Labour for this, as of course it's got nothing to do with the bile they've been pumping out for the last few years

golden fields

Shows the effects of the anti-immigrant and anti-muslim rhetoric that has been pumped out for so long now.

I'm sure the Daily Mail and the Express will be blaming Labour for this, as of course it's got nothing to do with the bile they've been pumping out for the last few years "

Labour has already been blamed on here somewhere.

Still, it's more than just those newspapers, it's the likes of Reform, the previous 14 years of decisive politics.

London

I'm sure the Daily Mail and the Express will be blaming Labour for this, as of course it's got nothing to do with the bile they've been pumping out for the last few years

Still, it's more than just those newspapers, it's the likes of Reform, the previous 14 years of decisive politics.

"

And yet you didn't see these kind of riots under Tories. Why is that?

Basildon

"

Yeah I'm sure Nigel is sitting in his Clacton home (does he have a Clacton home??) loving this, or is he still in America with his head stuck up Trumps arse?

golden fields

And yet you didn't see these kind of riots under Tories. Why is that?"

There were lots of riots under the Tories.

Not sure what your question is trying to get at.

London

Not sure what your question is trying to get at."

BLM riots yes. How many far-right riots by people who don't have the "sharpest minds"?

Cumbria

BLM riots yes. How many far-right riots by people who don't have the "sharpest minds"?"

Interesting to see people moving from condemning rioters to blaming the government when it’s their friends rioting.

By *estivalMan 7 weeks ago

borehamwood

Its amazin that all these far right riots are happening in traditional labour areas, you would think if there were that many rigjt wingers in these areas they would of voted for the tories or reform, fact of the matter is majority kicking of are young people 15-30 year olds who have nothing better to do and might get a bit of looting done if there lucky

London

BLM riots yes. How many far-right riots by people who don't have the "sharpest minds"?

Interesting to see people moving from condemning rioters to blaming the government when it’s their friends rioting."

I did condemn the rioters a few posts back. I want police to take aggressive steps against them, as I always wanted when it comes to violence. But respect for police is at all-time low after the Leeds riots.

The above post was my response to others who blame Tories and Reform for this, which doesn't make sense because we didn't see such riots under Tories.

golden fields

BLM riots yes. How many far-right riots by people who don't have the "sharpest minds"?"

I've no idea. If you want data to back up your argument, maybe look it up for yourself?

Cumbria

"Its amazin that all these far right riots are happening in traditional labour areas, you would think if there were that many rigjt wingers in these areas they would of voted for the tories or reform, fact of the matter is majority kicking of are young people 15-30 year olds who have nothing better to do and might get a bit of looting done if there lucky"

It is possible to have far right, centrist, and left wing people living in the same constituency. Look at the number of people turning out to clean up the mess the far right rioters made.

London

I've no idea. If you want data to back up your argument, maybe look it up for yourself?"

You said "There were lots of riots under the Tories."

I am looking for data to back up your arguments, not mine.

Cumbria

Interesting to see people moving from condemning rioters to blaming the government when it’s their friends rioting.

I did condemn the rioters a few posts back. I want police to take aggressive steps against them, as I always wanted when it comes to violence. But respect for police is at all-time low after the Leeds riots.

The above post was my response to others who blame Tories and Reform for this, which doesn't make sense because we didn't see such riots under Tories."

Oh, so it’s the Leeds riots that lead to respect for the police being low?

*side_eye.gif*

London

The above post was my response to others who blame Tories and Reform for this, which doesn't make sense because we didn't see such riots under Tories.

Oh, so it’s the Leeds riots that lead to respect for the police being low?

*side_eye.gif*"

Not the only reason. But one of the main reasons. In a few videos where police were trying to take down the rioters, the rioters were shouting "What were you doing in Leeds?"

golden fields

I've no idea. If you want data to back up your argument, maybe look it up for yourself?

I am looking for data to back up your arguments, not mine."

That's not an argument, it was an answer to your question.

In relation to the current discussion, I have no opinion on how many riots there were under the Tory rule.

London

[Removed by poster at 03/08/24 09:14:51]

London

In relation to the current discussion, I have no opinion on how many riots there were under the Tory rule. "

You made a statement about there being lots of riots under tories. I think that statement is a lie and I asked you to back it up with facts/numbers. All I see is you dodging the question.

golden fields

In relation to the current discussion, I have no opinion on how many riots there were under the Tory rule.

You made a statement about there being lots of riots under tories. I think that statement is a lie and I asked you to back it up with facts/numbers. All I see is you dodging the question.

"

Okay take a breathe. You stayed "didn't see these kind of riots under Tories". Which is nonsense. The burden of proof is on you, not me. You're the person making a claim.

If I say that the moon is made of Doritos, and then ask you to prove me wrong. That would also be silly.

By *arry and MegsCouple 7 weeks ago

Ipswich

"The behaviour of many rioters are abominable. I am not sure how many of them got the courage after seeing how the police handled the Leeds riots.

The government really needs to do something to restore respect to the police or this is going to keep happening."

Perhaps they should be classed as terrorists, if wearing a balaclava and carrying an offensive weapon, and shot

By *abioMan 7 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I think there is an irony that apparently “taking their country back” also includes burning down the local citizens advice bureau…

I didn’t have the CAB down as communist agitators!!! But I must be wrong!

London

Okay take a breathe. You stayed "didn't see these kind of riots under Tories". Which is nonsense. The burden of proof is on you, not me. You're the person making a claim.

If I say that the moon is made of Doritos, and then ask you to prove me wrong. That would also be silly. "

What a ridiculous argument! I said there weren't far right riots under tories. I searched and I couldn't find any. As you said there were many, it's up to you to tell me when and where they happened. The burden of evidence is on you because you claimed existence of something.

Bournemouth

If I say that the moon is made of Doritos, and then ask you to prove me wrong. That would also be silly.

What a ridiculous argument! I said there weren't far right riots under tories. I searched and I couldn't find any. As you said there were many, it's up to you to tell me when and where they happened. The burden of evidence is on you because you claimed existence of something."

Why are you bothering? You know he won't, and will eventually claim 'I can't post links'. Just let it go bro

Bournemouth

If I say that the moon is made of Doritos, and then ask you to prove me wrong. That would also be silly. "

Here's the proof that you're wrong

"A partially molten layer with a thickness of 93 miles (150 kilometers) surrounds the iron core. The mantle extends from the top of the partially molten layer to the bottom of the Moon's crust. It is most likely made of minerals like olivine and pyroxene, which are made up of magnesium, iron, silicon, and oxygen atoms."

See how easy that S

London

What a ridiculous argument! I said there weren't far right riots under tories. I searched and I couldn't find any. As you said there were many, it's up to you to tell me when and where they happened. The burden of evidence is on you because you claimed existence of something.

Why are you bothering? You know he won't, and will eventually claim 'I can't post links'. Just let it go bro "

Fair point

in Lancashire

So we've had 14 years with a government where the economy was flat at best, they cut essential services, they cut funding to FE, cuts to the very services to control and deal with the rise in asylum seekers which under their watch was a complete mess and after four weeks of a different party in government it's labours fault..

Who knew that labour have been controlling and directing the narrative of people like Tommy Robinson, Farage, Anderson, Patel etc etc who have been rabble rousing the far right to a point where a complete and absolutely vile incident where innocents have been murdered by someone is the catalyst to hijack and use as an excuse for nothing more than thuggery..

How have we got to a level of moronic stupidity where a Muslim didn't commit the attack and not an asylum seeker who are of many cultures but it's the fault of Muslims so let's smash up and torch property and go looting and attack the police..?

By *wisted999Man 7 weeks ago

North Bucks

Manchester and Nottingham today I suspect.

Although I think the Manchester one will tempered somewhat by GMP by the look of it.

golden fields

What a ridiculous argument! I said there weren't far right riots under tories. I searched and I couldn't find any. As you said there were many, it's up to you to tell me when and where they happened. The burden of evidence is on you because you claimed existence of something."

Is there a point to this tangent?

London

"

How have we got to a level of moronic stupidity where a Muslim didn't commit the attack and not an asylum seeker who are of many cultures but it's the fault of Muslims so let's smash up and torch property and go looting and attack the police..?"

For the same reason we had BLM riots in the UK because a policeman in the US killed someone in the US. And all celebrities and politicians in the UK decided to take knees for some incident that happened in the US.

Both are ridiculous and stupid.

London

Is there a point to this tangent?"

Where is the tangent? You made a statement about riots under Tories. I am asking you to show some examples. It shouldn't be that hard to find.....if it's the truth.

golden fields

"

How have we got to a level of moronic stupidity where a Muslim didn't commit the attack and not an asylum seeker who are of many cultures but it's the fault of Muslims so let's smash up and torch property and go looting and attack the police..?

For the same reason we had BLM riots in the UK because a policeman in the US killed someone in the US. And all celebrities and politicians in the UK decided to take knees for some incident that happened in the US.

Both are ridiculous and stupid. "

That's not what fueled the BLM campaign in the UK. What happened in the US was just the trigger point.

golden fields

Where is the tangent? You made a statement about riots under Tories. I am asking you to show some examples. It shouldn't be that hard to find.....if it's the truth."

Short memory.

My point was "Labour has already been blamed on here somewhere.

Still, it's more than just those newspapers, it's the likes of Reform, the previous 14 years of decisive politics."

From then on, it's been a tangent about riots under Tory rule, and i asked what the point being made is.

in Lancashire

"

Both are ridiculous and stupid. "

There's a commonality sadly with how some police here treat our own citizens who are not white, that's not to excuse anyone kicking off when bad things happen elsewhere..

Not sure that the taking the knee should be part of it, that was about one person inflicting hurt upon another person which if you swap the round is equally deplorable..

Fully agree on the ridiculous and stupid..

London

"

That's not what fueled the BLM campaign in the UK. What happened in the US was just the trigger point. "

Maybe what happened here is also just a trigger point?

London

"

Where is the tangent? You made a statement about riots under Tories. I am asking you to show some examples. It shouldn't be that hard to find.....if it's the truth.

Short memory.

Still, it's more than just those newspapers, it's the likes of Reform, the previous 14 years of decisive politics."

From then on, it's been a tangent about riots under Tory rule, and i asked what the point being made is. "

It's not a tangent. Labour has been blamed because it's happening once they are in power and didn't happen for many years before that. You decided to peddle out a lie about how it did happen and yet you could not back it with facts.

Bournemouth

"So we've had 14 years with a government where the economy was flat at best, they cut essential services, they cut funding to FE, cuts to the very services to control and deal with the rise in asylum seekers which under their watch was a complete mess and after four weeks of a different party in government it's labours fault..

Who knew that labour have been controlling and directing the narrative of people like Tommy Robinson, Farage, Anderson, Patel etc etc who have been rabble rousing the far right to a point where a complete and absolutely vile incident where innocents have been murdered by someone is the catalyst to hijack and use as an excuse for nothing more than thuggery..

How have we got to a level of moronic stupidity where a Muslim didn't commit the attack and not an asylum seeker who are of many cultures but it's the fault of Muslims so let's smash up and torch property and go looting and attack the police..?"

Don't forget to add Rachel Reeves to the list

golden fields

"

That's not what fueled the BLM campaign in the UK. What happened in the US was just the trigger point.

Maybe what happened here is also just a trigger point? "

An non-immigrant, and non-muslim was the trigger point for racists to attack mosques.

Sure, it was the trigger point in my opinion.

And there are lots of deep underlying issues of feeding fear and hate into people via the media, and various other avenues. The kind of thing the BLM movement was opposed to.

BTW, no one should riot, if they are pro or anti racism. It's moronic.

golden fields

"

Short memory.

From then on, it's been a tangent about riots under Tory rule, and i asked what the point being made is.

It's not a tangent. Labour has been blamed because it's happening once they are in power and didn't happen for many years before that. You decided to peddle out a lie about how it did happen and yet you could not back it with facts. "

Excellent. Lol.

What have Labour done in the last few weeks to contribute to the conditions that made these people want to riot?

Meanwhile, as has been pointed out, the Tories contributed to the hate and fear for much of their time in power.

in Lancashire

"So we've had 14 years with a government where the economy was flat at best, they cut essential services, they cut funding to FE, cuts to the very services to control and deal with the rise in asylum seekers which under their watch was a complete mess and after four weeks of a different party in government it's labours fault..

Don't forget to add Rachel Reeves to the list "

The thread will be much longer if we also include the multitude of choices before her..

Bournemouth

The thread will be much longer if we also include the multitude of choices before her.."

I'd like you to add some prominent left wing commentators, you know, for balance.

Why? Because they do exist.

By *va_NightingaleTV/TS 7 weeks ago

North Manchester

"If I say that the moon is made of Doritos, and then ask you to prove me wrong. That would also be silly.

You're wasting your valuable time 'arguing' here. That stupid.... 'moon made of'.... retort has been aimed at me previously, although that time it was made from 'cheese'.

Just ignore, I do.

Bournemouth

We keep hearing 'non muslim' or 'christian' in regards to the Southport killer.

Why? I don't believe his religion, if he is even religious, has been made available.

London

"

An non-immigrant, and non-muslim was the trigger point for racists to attack mosques.

And there are lots of deep underlying issues of feeding fear and hate into people via the media, and various other avenues. The kind of thing the BLM movement was opposed to.

BTW, no one should riot, if they are pro or anti racism. It's moronic. "

When an American police's attack can be a trigger point for protests in the UK, why not? Is it justified because of the shared skin colour between people of two different countries?

It's not unjustified fear. Why is a teacher from Batley who drew a picture still in hiding? Why did an autistic kid's mother in Wakefield have to beg for forgiveness for damaging a book in front of far-right religious extremists? Not to mention Manchester bombings and racially targeted child abuse by some grooming gangs.

People are pissed off about these things and this is probably just a trigger point. If BLM's fears are justified, the fear of these people are justified too.

London

"

Short memory.

It's not a tangent. Labour has been blamed because it's happening once they are in power and didn't happen for many years before that. You decided to peddle out a lie about how it did happen and yet you could not back it with facts.

Excellent. Lol.

What have Labour done in the last few weeks to contribute to the conditions that made these people want to riot?

Meanwhile, as has been pointed out, the Tories contributed to the hate and fear for much of their time in power."

They shut down Rwanda plan and anything Tories were doing to stop the boats. Their response to the Leeds riots was piss poor. Are you ever going to admit that you told a lie about the protests under Tories?

Cumbria

"I think there is an irony that apparently “taking their country back” also includes burning down the local citizens advice bureau…

I didn’t have the CAB down as communist agitators!!! But I must be wrong! "

*Comrades Advice Bureau

By *abioMan 7 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"We keep hearing 'non muslim' or 'christian' in regards to the Southport killer.

Why? I don't believe his religion, if he is even religious, has been made available. "

So if his “religion” hasn’t been made available… why are mosques being attacked?

Obviously certain people are making assumptions or alluding without proof…..

golden fields

"

Short memory.

Excellent. Lol.

Meanwhile, as has been pointed out, the Tories contributed to the hate and fear for much of their time in power.

They shut down Rwanda plan and anything Tories were doing to stop the boats.

"

Wow, if you're right, these rioters are even more stupid than I thought.

"

Their response to the Leeds riots was piss poor.

"

Something that happened after the riot, contributed to the conditions that lead people to riot?

"

Are you ever going to admit that you told a lie about the protests under Tories?"

Okay let's drop this bollocks now please, you made the original assertion, the burden of proof is on you to prove it's true, not on others to disprove you.

golden fields

"

BTW, no one should riot, if they are pro or anti racism. It's moronic.

When an American police's attack can be a trigger point for protests in the UK, why not? Is it justified because of the shared skin colour between people of two different countries?

It's not unjustified fear. Why is a teacher from Batley who drew a picture still in hiding? Why did an autistic kid's mother in Wakefield have to beg for forgiveness for damaging a book in front of far-right religious extremists? Not to mention Manchester bombings and racially targeted child abuse by some grooming gangs.

People are pissed off about these things and this is probably just a trigger point. If BLM's fears are justified, the fear of these people are justified too."

I disagree that the rioting racists have any justified fear of foriegners or Muslims. I would say foriegners and Muslims have lots to fear from rioting racists though.

By *va_NightingaleTV/TS 7 weeks ago

North Manchester

"

Short memory.

Excellent. Lol.

They shut down Rwanda plan and anything Tories were doing to stop the boats.

Something that happened after the riot, contributed to the conditions that lead people to riot?

Are you ever going to admit that you told a lie about the protests under Tories?

Okay let's drop this bollocks now please, you made the original assertion, the burden of proof is on you to prove it's true, not on others to disprove you. "

!!!!

Bournemouth

"We keep hearing 'non muslim' or 'christian' in regards to the Southport killer.

Why? I don't believe his religion, if he is even religious, has been made available.

So if his “religion” hasn’t been made available… why are mosques being attacked?

Obviously certain people are making assumptions or alluding without proof….."

How can I answer the forst question? I'm not part of any riots?

The point I was making is that people on both sides are making assumptions.

Doubt you spotted that though

London

"

"

Almost as stupid as BLM rioters. Can you believe?

"

"

Three children were killed. I have mentioned long back that it's a stupid reason for these riots as the immigration issues aren't related. But Leeds riots made people realise that police won't do anything when you riot.

"

Okay let's drop this bollocks now please, you made the original assertion, the burden of proof is on you to prove it's true, not on others to disprove you. "

You made a statement that riots happened under Tories. I made a statement they didn't. I searched and couldn't find any. It's up to you to show me evidence that it happened. It's not rocket science. The mental gymnastics you are doing here is laughable at this point.

By *allguynowMan 7 weeks ago

durham

16 to 40 year olds rioting in Sunderland. Thick as pig shit. A cop should have stepped forward and smashed that little fucker with the fire extinguisher to the ground. Then spanked his arse and sent him home to bed minus his teeth. Far right descend on southport and think it's a good thing to smash the town up where these poor little innocent children lived. How uneducated and stupid are these far right, I'm in a gang, "brave" people are?

Terra Firma

"

Short memory.

Excellent. Lol.

Meanwhile, as has been pointed out, the Tories contributed to the hate and fear for much of their time in power."

Well you don’t need to think too hard about this one.

Starmer throwing his hat into the ring with protecting mosques, announcing new powers for police and talking hardline, is adding fuel to the fire creating a feeling of being let down, you will see clearly the numbers of disturbances and riots increase over the weekend.

Maybe, Starmer needs to tone it down to prevent community tensions increasing at a sensitive time, hopefully he will learn to treat everyone equally and calm things, not ignite them.

golden fields

"

Three children were killed. I have mentioned long back that it's a stupid reason for these riots as the immigration issues aren't related. But Leeds riots made people realise that police won't do anything when you riot.

Okay let's drop this bollocks now please, you made the original assertion, the burden of proof is on you to prove it's true, not on others to disprove you.

You made a statement that riots happened under Tories. I made a statement they didn't. I searched and couldn't find any. It's up to you to show me evidence that it happened. It's not rocket science. The mental gymnastics you are doing here is laughable at this point."

No. You made a claim. It's up to you to prove it. That's it. Nothing else.

Bournemouth

"16 to 40 year olds rioting in Sunderland. Thick as pig shit. A cop should have stepped forward and smashed that little fucker with the fire extinguisher to the ground. Then spanked his arse and sent him home to bed minus his teeth. Far right descend on southport and think it's a good thing to smash the town up where these poor little innocent children lived. How uneducated and stupid are these far right, I'm in a gang, "brave" people are? "

Do you stand with the cop from Manchester Airport?

By *abioMan 7 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Doubt you spotted that though "

No, I absolutely got the point ….. which is why I am annoyed as much about certain high profile figures making allegations or alluding to things to suit their agenda, which in turn has fuelled the protests…. As much as the idiots who believe what their idols are them

Which is why I pointed out that the MP for clacton for example was very focal with allegations before the Southport riot… but has gone radio silent since

Same with the MP for Hartlepool, same with the journalist girlfriend of the MP for Hartlepool, same with the idiot lounging abroad fermenting protests from his sun lounger

golden fields

"

Short memory.

Excellent. Lol.

Starmer throwing his hat into the ring with protecting mosques, announcing new powers for police and talking hardline, is adding fuel to the fire creating a feeling of being let down, you will see clearly the numbers of disturbances and riots increase over the weekend.

Maybe, Starmer needs to tone it down to prevent community tensions increasing at a sensitive time, hopefully he will learn to treat everyone equally and calm things, not ignite them.

"

Should Starmer not "throw his hat in the ring defending mosques", and let the rioting racists have at it?

in Lancashire

The thread will be much longer if we also include the multitude of choices before her..

I'd like you to add some prominent left wing commentators, you know, for balance.

Why? Because they do exist. "

Of course they're out there and yes I'm fully aware of what they are saying now and whom..

Same as it was and always will be when it's 'the other side'..

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 03/08/24 10:48:38]

Bournemouth

Doubt you spotted that though

No, I absolutely got the point ….. which is why I am annoyed as much about certain high profile figures making allegations or alluding to things to suit their agenda, which in turn has fuelled the protests…. As much as the idiots who believe what their idols are them

Which is why I pointed out that the MP for clacton for example was very focal with allegations before the Southport riot… but has gone radio silent since

Same with the MP for Hartlepool, same with the journalist girlfriend of the MP for Hartlepool, same with the idiot lounging abroad fermenting protests from his sun lounger "

You absolutely got it but only want to attack people you see as right wing.

Colour me shocked

durham

The country is in a mess but intelligent people know part of the blame is down to the Eton educated who think they have a God given right to rule. Hopefully those days are now gone. Tories have ruined this country. Hopefully Labour will sort some of the problems.

Terra Firma

"

Short memory.

Excellent. Lol.

Should Starmer not "throw his hat in the ring defending mosques", and let the rioting racists have at it?"

I don’t say things should not be protected, I was referring to his speech that ignited more unrest.

in Lancashire

"16 to 40 year olds rioting in Sunderland. Thick as pig shit. A cop should have stepped forward and smashed that little fucker with the fire extinguisher to the ground. Then spanked his arse and sent him home to bed minus his teeth. Far right descend on southport and think it's a good thing to smash the town up where these poor little innocent children lived. How uneducated and stupid are these far right, I'm in a gang, "brave" people are? "

Thuggery and fuckwittery has no colour, race, religion or culture..

It's there across the board and rightly so should be condemned by all who don't agree with it..

Problem is when after an issue the whataboutery starts..

Bournemouth

Why? Because they do exist.

Of course they're out there and yes I'm fully aware of what they are saying now and whom..

Same as it was and always will be when it's 'the other side'..

"

Same as I've just said to Fabio...

You know they exist, you know what they're saying but choose to leave them out?

There's absolutely no balance whatsoever. This is all part of the problem....

Keep attacking what you see as right wing and ignore the others

golden fields

"

Short memory.

Excellent. Lol.

Should Starmer not "throw his hat in the ring defending mosques", and let the rioting racists have at it?

I don’t say things should not be protected, I was referring to his speech that ignited more unrest.

"

What would be the best approach to not further enrage these confused rioting racists?

By *abioMan 7 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

You made a statement that riots happened under Tories. I made a statement they didn't. I searched and couldn't find any. It's up to you to show me evidence that it happened. It's not rocket science. The mental gymnastics you are doing here is laughable at this point."

Oh I can give you an example of riots happening under the tories.. and if you are from London I am surprised you don’t remember the one that started in Tottenham, spread to Wood Green, then pockets started in Ealing and Croydon

But yes there have been pockets… Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds, Burnley and Blackburn

Bournemouth

"

Short memory.

Excellent. Lol.

What would be the best approach to not further enrage these confused rioting racists?"

How about 'we understand your concerns' and then trying to address them.

It's exactly what they've done with other communities.

Bournemouth

"

You made a statement that riots happened under Tories. I made a statement they didn't. I searched and couldn't find any. It's up to you to show me evidence that it happened. It's not rocket science. The mental gymnastics you are doing here is laughable at this point.

Oh I can give you an example of riots happening under the tories.. and if you are from London I am surprised you don’t remember the one that started in Tottenham, spread to Wood Green, then pockets started in Ealing and Croydon

But yes there have been pockets… Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds, Burnley and Blackburn "

He asked for 'riots like this' ie. 'Far right'

durham

"16 to 40 year olds rioting in Sunderland. Thick as pig shit. A cop should have stepped forward and smashed that little fucker with the fire extinguisher to the ground. Then spanked his arse and sent him home to bed minus his teeth. Far right descend on southport and think it's a good thing to smash the town up where these poor little innocent children lived. How uneducated and stupid are these far right, I'm in a gang, "brave" people are?

Do you stand with the cop from Manchester Airport?"

I watched the full video and those cops were getting a beating. What sort of men pick a fight with armed cops? One guy throwing punches knew how to throw a punch. So yes the cops had to fight back hard and get the situation under control. Fight fire with fire. If you don't the thugs will take over our streets.

Bournemouth

"16 to 40 year olds rioting in Sunderland. Thick as pig shit. A cop should have stepped forward and smashed that little fucker with the fire extinguisher to the ground. Then spanked his arse and sent him home to bed minus his teeth. Far right descend on southport and think it's a good thing to smash the town up where these poor little innocent children lived. How uneducated and stupid are these far right, I'm in a gang, "brave" people are?

I watched the full video and those cops were getting a beating. What sort of men pick a fight with armed cops? One guy throwing punches knew how to throw a punch. So yes the cops had to fight back hard and get the situation under control. Fight fire with fire. If you don't the thugs will take over our streets. "

At least you're consistent. I admire that

durham

I watched the full video and those cops were getting a beating. What sort of men pick a fight with armed cops? One guy throwing punches knew how to throw a punch. So yes the cops had to fight back hard and get the situation under control. Fight fire with fire. If you don't the thugs will take over our streets.

At least you're consistent. I admire that "

and you have a cracking figure and body art.

Terra Firma

"

Short memory.

Excellent. Lol.

What would be the best approach to not further enrage these confused rioting racists?"

Soften the tone and stop grandstanding support for what the rioters see as the target.

There is a time and place to that, now isn’t that time. IE. Maximum prison sentences followed up with a strong and focused warning that this is the consequence of your actions.

This is not unknown as a tactic, it was used in Leicester and Bradford riots to not inflame further the local community, things fizzled out quickly.

golden fields

"

Short memory.

Excellent. Lol.

What would be the best approach to not further enrage these confused rioting racists?

Soften the tone and stop grandstanding support for what the rioters see as the target.

"

What, they should not show support for the communities targeted by these rioters?

"

There is a time and place to that, now isn’t that time. IE. Maximum prison sentences followed up with a strong and focused warning that this is the consequence of your actions.

This is not unknown as a tactic, it was used in Leicester and Bradford riots to not inflame further the local community, things fizzled out quickly. "

I'm not generally a fan on long prison sentences. I don't think it acts as a deterrent and generally doesn't encourage rehabilitation.

I do think that the government needs to show support to the communities that are under attack from these rioters though.

Terra Firma

"

Short memory.

Excellent. Lol.

What, they should not show support for the communities targeted by these rioters?

This is not unknown as a tactic, it was used in Leicester and Bradford riots to not inflame further the local community, things fizzled out quickly.

I'm not generally a fan on long prison sentences. I don't think it acts as a deterrent and generally doesn't encourage rehabilitation.

I do think that the government needs to show support to the communities that are under attack from these rioters though."

The government should show support equally to prevent further division.

Learn lessons to prevent further problems, that is what I expect from my elected representatives

https://news.sky.com/story/almost-30-protests-set-to-go-ahead-this-weekend-in-southport-stabbing-aftermath-13189731

*****Almost 30 protests planned for this weekend in Southport stabbing aftermath

Police chiefs have promised a heavy police presence across the country, while additional prosecutors are on standby to charge people swiftly.*****