FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Soldier in uniform stabbed

Soldier in uniform stabbed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxychick35 OP   Couple 7 weeks ago

thornaby

Soldier in uniform stabbed wonder what the woke have to say about it on here hmmmm

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ill69888Couple 7 weeks ago

cheltenham

"Soldier in uniform stabbed wonder what the woke have to say about it on here hmmmm"

Seems to be pretty low down on the list for MSM for some reason. I wonder why?…..

thornaby

"Soldier in uniform stabbed wonder what the woke have to say about it on here hmmmm

Seems to be pretty low down on the list for MSM for some reason. I wonder why?….. "

always is on things like this usuall suspects go missing was the same with posts about grooming gangs lots ppl on here soiled there knickers

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 7 weeks ago

golden fields

"Soldier in uniform stabbed wonder what the woke have to say about it on here hmmmm"

Excellent work. The important things are, was the perpetrator non-white. And can't we use this to bash people who aren't even racist?

You've made a good start at least.

By *lfasoCouple 7 weeks ago

South East

"Soldier in uniform stabbed wonder what the woke have to say about it on here hmmmm

Excellent work. The important things are, was the perpetrator non-white. And can't we use this to bash people who aren't even racist?

You've made a good start at least. "

the BBC have not given a description of the suspect, but Keir Starmer is "shocked and appalled." 'Appalled' I can understand, but 'shocked' really? It has happened before.

By *ools and the brainCouple 7 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Meanwhile a 15 year old boy shot dead and noone has mentioned that.

I hope the soldier makes a speedy recovery and condolences to the family of the shit boy.

thornaby

You've made a good start at least. "

and there ya go can’t even condem the attack it’s a discusting thing that’s happened before that lowlife ran his finger across the knife and licked it scum of the earth

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 7 weeks ago

nearby

Whoever the perpetrator, Ukraine need these brave men for the frontline. Send him there.

thornaby

"Whoever the perpetrator, Ukraine need these brave men for the frontline. Send him there. "
just wish we had the death penalty for this scum boils me piss

By (user no longer on site) 7 weeks ago

Other than saying currently non terror related, any info on the attacker ?

Seems early doors to be asking the woke brigade for views.

thornaby

I’d bet a lot of money it’s terrorist related and that some on here will try swerve it away from it same ppl have been doing it for years on here hope the guy pulls through

By *wosmilersCouple 7 weeks ago

Heathrowish

"Other than saying currently non terror related, any info on the attacker ?

"

Daily Telegraph has a picture of someone, face blacked out with their report, standing next to amoped, helmet off.

According to the DT, He apparently got off a moped ran over, stabbed the guy in uniform multiple times with a blade of around 10 inches, taking no notice of anyone else.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 7 weeks ago

nearby

Daily Telegraph has a picture of someone, face blacked out with their report, standing next to amoped, helmet off.

According to the DT, He apparently got off a moped ran over, stabbed the guy in uniform multiple times with a blade of around 10 inches, taking no notice of anyone else.

"

“Terrorism has not been ruled out the telegraph understands. “

So that's two riots and an attempted murder of one of our soldiers in a week.

“Terrorism has not been ruled out the telegraph understands. “"

I'd be suprised if anything has been ruled out as it stands. So that's not entirely helpful.

They are exploring MH.

This may suggest there is more doctors records than CTU records on the attacker.

Watch this spave I guess as things will evolve in unexpected ways.

By *usybee73Man 7 weeks ago

in the sticks

Already cited mental health

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cqe6jpnr76no

Interesting the officer was at home, in uniform so presumably just on his way or back from work ...

If that's the case, then it was definitely planned and not random

golden fields

You've made a good start at least. and there ya go can’t even condem the attack it’s a discusting thing that’s happened before that lowlife ran his finger across the knife and licked it scum of the earth "

And there ya go can’t even condemn the attack it’s a disgusting thing that’s happened, especially when people use it to bash others. They don't give a fuck about the victim, they just want to use it as a way to win points against "the woke".

By *lfasoCouple 7 weeks ago

South East

You've made a good start at least. and there ya go can’t even condem the attack it’s a discusting thing that’s happened before that lowlife ran his finger across the knife and licked it scum of the earth

And there ya go can’t even condemn the attack it’s a disgusting thing that’s happened, especially when people use it to bash others. They don't give a fuck about the victim, they just want to use it as a way to win points against "the woke"."

What’s that I hear, a barrel being scraped to defend the indefensible.

thornaby

You've made a good start at least. and there ya go can’t even condem the attack it’s a discusting thing that’s happened before that lowlife ran his finger across the knife and licked it scum of the earth

And there ya go can’t even condemn the attack it’s a disgusting thing that’s happened, especially when people use it to bash others. They don't give a fuck about the victim, they just want to use it as a way to win points against "the woke"."

who doesn’t give a fuck about the victim most ppl on here think it’s discusting and hope he makes a full recovery b not sure his poor wife will ever recover tho if anyone doesn’t give a fuck it’s you mate

golden fields

And there ya go can’t even condemn the attack it’s a disgusting thing that’s happened, especially when people use it to bash others. They don't give a fuck about the victim, they just want to use it as a way to win points against "the woke".who doesn’t give a fuck about the victim most ppl on here think it’s discusting and hope he makes a full recovery b not sure his poor wife will ever recover tho if anyone doesn’t give a fuck it’s you mate "

You're the one who started a thread in an attempt to use this man's death as an excuse to try to bash "the woke". I think it's in poor taste.

couple, us we him her.

"Meanwhile a 15 year old boy shot dead and noone has mentioned that.

I hope the soldier makes a speedy recovery and condolences to the family of the shit boy."

Shot not shit my apologies stupid autocorrect

By *piritualBlackBWW1979Woman 7 weeks ago

Medway

I wish people like yourself, would stop using the term woke as an insult. You clearly do not know the meaning, if you did, you would realise it doesn't apply here.

couple, us we him her.

Can't possibly see the connection between a soldier getting stabbed and being woke????

By *piritualBlackBWW1979Woman 7 weeks ago

Medway

Can't possibly see the connection between a soldier getting stabbed and being woke????"

Exactly!!!

Where do people get their information from?!!!!

By *AJMLKTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Burley

I wish people like yourself, would stop using the term woke as an insult. You clearly do not know the meaning, if you did, you would realise it doesn't apply here. "

Meanings of words change all the time. Gay used to mean happy and wicked used to mean bad.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 7 weeks ago

Cumbria

Stabbing someone is a disgusting thing to do, using a stabbing to score points on the forum of a swingers website is a very sad thing to do.

thornaby

I wish people like yourself, would stop using the term woke as an insult. You clearly do not know the meaning, if you did, you would realise it doesn't apply here. "

more offended by the word woke than the stabbing then

By *azzler2Man 7 weeks ago

halifax

Mental heath always good to use as a get out of jail card If it found out there are illegal they should be deported straight away and serve any jail time it own country But we all know this will not happen we are too soft bring back the death penalty but again this will never happen we have too many bleeding hearts england is fucked

Cumbria

I wish people like yourself, would stop using the term woke as an insult. You clearly do not know the meaning, if you did, you would realise it doesn't apply here. more offended by the word woke than the stabbing then "

You seem more bothered about having a go at ‘woke’ people than you do about a soldier being stabbed.

By *irldnCouple 7 weeks ago

Brighton

Soldier (anyone) getting stabbed is disgraceful and I hope the attacker get’s life in prison.

BTW who are “the woke” and what does that actually mean in this context?

By *hrill CollinsMan 7 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

"more offended by the word woke than the stabbing then "

ffs get a grip man

thornaby

I wish people like yourself, would stop using the term woke as an insult. You clearly do not know the meaning, if you did, you would realise it doesn't apply here. more offended by the word woke than the stabbing then

You seem more bothered about having a go at ‘woke’ people than you do about a soldier being stabbed."

really so you not read my posts iv mentioned the word once at the start then again once in a reply iv condemned the stabbing said it’s discusting and hope he and the poor wife pull through and there you go jump on a bandwagon it you who’s more bothered about the word woke than the victim but hey Ho like a few more on here it’s not surprising

Cumbria

I wish people like yourself, would stop using the term woke as an insult. You clearly do not know the meaning, if you did, you would realise it doesn't apply here. more offended by the word woke than the stabbing then

You seem more bothered about having a go at ‘woke’ people than you do about a soldier being stabbed.really so you not read my posts iv mentioned the word once at the start then again once in a reply iv condemned the stabbing said it’s discusting and hope he and the poor wife pull through and there you go jump on a bandwagon it you who’s more bothered about the word woke than the victim but hey Ho like a few more on here it’s not surprising "

That’s how you started the thread off, with a dig at ‘woke’ people, seems like you care about scoring points on an internet message board than you do about the poor soldier who was stabbed.

thornaby

You seem more bothered about having a go at ‘woke’ people than you do about a soldier being stabbed.really so you not read my posts iv mentioned the word once at the start then again once in a reply iv condemned the stabbing said it’s discusting and hope he and the poor wife pull through and there you go jump on a bandwagon it you who’s more bothered about the word woke than the victim but hey Ho like a few more on here it’s not surprising

That’s how you started the thread off, with a dig at ‘woke’ people, seems like you care about scoring points on an internet message board than you do about the poor soldier who was stabbed.

"

so you posted 3times on this thread one where you condem the stabbing but all 3about the word woke think about it why is that ? Have you read all my posts about this subject have I really had a go at ppl lol

Brighton

You seem more bothered about having a go at ‘woke’ people than you do about a soldier being stabbed.really so you not read my posts iv mentioned the word once at the start then again once in a reply iv condemned the stabbing said it’s discusting and hope he and the poor wife pull through and there you go jump on a bandwagon it you who’s more bothered about the word woke than the victim but hey Ho like a few more on here it’s not surprising "

If you didn’t want to be challenged on your use of the word woke then your OP should have been worded differently. You said:

1. Your OP actually gives no indication of your actual views or feelings regarding the soldier being stabbed (it takes further posts for you to clarify).

2. Your OP is clearly set up to ask what “the woke” have to say with the qualifier of “hmmm” indicating you are doubtful their views will align with yours.

In other words you were having a dig and were trying to be provocative.

Either word your posts more carefully or don’t start a fire if you can’t stand the heat

So with that said, I have already asked and you ignored… What do YOU mean by “the woke”?

By *otMe66Man 7 weeks ago

Terra Firma

What are the facts of this, it seems that there is an amount of hesitation or lack of information in the reporting which will not help.

The reporting of a police officer kicking a person in the head at Manchester airport seems to be the opposite of this.

The media could be a little more balanced, to remove he said, she said and assumption based theories taking hold.

Brighton

"What are the facts of this, it seems that there is an amount of hesitation or lack of information in the reporting which will not help.

The reporting of a police officer kicking a person in the head at Manchester airport seems to be the opposite of this.

The media could be a little more balanced, to remove he said, she said and assumption based theories taking hold. "

“Kent Police are keeping an open mind as they conduct their investigation” whatever that means. I suspect we will have mental health issues as the reason for attack rather than terrorism.

By *astandFeistyCouple 7 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"What are the facts of this, it seems that there is an amount of hesitation or lack of information in the reporting which will not help.

The media could be a little more balanced, to remove he said, she said and assumption based theories taking hold.

“Kent Police are keeping an open mind as they conduct their investigation” whatever that means. I suspect we will have mental health issues as the reason for attack rather than terrorism."

We have already had mental health claims.

My question is why attack the man in uniform as opposed to any others? There were others around so if it was 'mental health's would've expected others to have at the very least had verbal from this fella.

Brighton

“Kent Police are keeping an open mind as they conduct their investigation” whatever that means. I suspect we will have mental health issues as the reason for attack rather than terrorism.

My question is why attack the man in uniform as opposed to any others? There were others around so if it was 'mental health's would've expected others to have at the very least had verbal from this fella. "

No idea. Perhaps this man’s mental health issues are linked to the military in some way? Maybe being in uniform is just coincidence? Maybe these two had a run in at some point? Not sure whether I would be more comfortable with it being mental health and a random attack or terrorism and targeted? The idea of any fucker walking around with a knife and stabbing someone is kind of bloody scary!

Bournemouth

My question is why attack the man in uniform as opposed to any others? There were others around so if it was 'mental health's would've expected others to have at the very least had verbal from this fella.

No idea. Perhaps this man’s mental health issues are linked to the military in some way? Maybe being in uniform is just coincidence? Maybe these two had a run in at some point? Not sure whether I would be more comfortable with it being mental health and a random attack or terrorism and targeted? The idea of any fucker walking around with a knife and stabbing someone is kind of bloody scary!"

All fairly reasonable questions which way may get the answers to in due course, or we may not.

I do note the main difference in the reporting of these two incidents (this and Manchester Airport) is that plenty are calling Manchester racially motivated (including a former chief), yet no one has mentioned it for this one.

If those officers in Manchester aren't sacked there's gonna be 'protests like you've never seen before', wonder what that means, because the protests in London have been pretty fucking big.

The media could be a little more balanced, to remove he said, she said and assumption based theories taking hold. "

the facts seem to be the police are establishing the facts.

That it is not yet being treated as terror suggest the attacker doesn't have any red flags against them.

I'm not sure what the media can do here.

If they go in guns blazing they look stupid. If they hold back they look inept. The world wants updates but there are no updates. It is the public that fill the gaps... Even this thread (and me included) is mostly about us guessing !

Terra Firma

The media could be a little more balanced, to remove he said, she said and assumption based theories taking hold. the facts seem to be the police are establishing the facts.

That it is not yet being treated as terror suggest the attacker doesn't have any red flags against them.

If they go in guns blazing they look stupid. If they hold back they look inept. The world wants updates but there are no updates. It is the public that fill the gaps... Even this thread (and me included) is mostly about us guessing !"

Exactly and it’s not helping because I’ve seen a lot of information that has been pulled together on both of these incidents from different sources that show a lot more than is being released and I wasn’t even looking for it.

That is fuel for the fire for those that are looking for it

The media could be a little more balanced, to remove he said, she said and assumption based theories taking hold. the facts seem to be the police are establishing the facts.

If they go in guns blazing they look stupid. If they hold back they look inept. The world wants updates but there are no updates. It is the public that fill the gaps... Even this thread (and me included) is mostly about us guessing !

Exactly and it’s not helping because I’ve seen a lot of information that has been pulled together on both of these incidents from different sources that show a lot more than is being released and I wasn’t even looking for it.

That is fuel for the fire for those that are looking for it"

unfortunately the photo of a suspect doesn't help, and will just exaggerate some views. The same way that the victim being in his uniform is seen as being of significance (it may be, it may not), the colour of the attacker will be seen by some as evidence of their beliefs. The fact this started as a question to the woke shows how much we are in a react now, think later culture.

thornaby

You seem more bothered about having a go at ‘woke’ people than you do about a soldier being stabbed.really so you not read my posts iv mentioned the word once at the start then again once in a reply iv condemned the stabbing said it’s discusting and hope he and the poor wife pull through and there you go jump on a bandwagon it you who’s more bothered about the word woke than the victim but hey Ho like a few more on here it’s not surprising

If you didn’t want to be challenged on your use of the word woke then your OP should have been worded differently. You said:

Soldier in uniform stabbed wonder what the woke have to say about it on here hmmmm

1. Your OP actually gives no indication of your actual views or feelings regarding the soldier being stabbed (it takes further posts for you to clarify).

2. Your OP is clearly set up to ask what “the woke” have to say with the qualifier of “hmmm” indicating you are doubtful their views will align with yours.

Either word your posts more carefully or don’t start a fire if you can’t stand the heat

So with that said, I have already asked and you ignored… What do YOU mean by “the woke”?"

or ok noted so I can’t ask what the woke on here will say or not say because I may upset them by calling them woke but they can call someone racist or sexist or anything else that ends in ist fantastic lol just wached reports on the Manchester kicking reported a female officer got a broken nose two other officers assaulted and put on there arse if true the kicking is fair game for me

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 25/07/24 11:13:02]

Terra Firma

That is fuel for the fire for those that are looking for it unfortunately the photo of a suspect doesn't help, and will just exaggerate some views. The same way that the victim being in his uniform is seen as being of significance (it may be, it may not), the colour of the attacker will be seen by some as evidence of their beliefs. The fact this started as a question to the woke shows how much we are in a react now, think later culture. "

The only thing being shown from the police incident is the kick to the head, they’re not showing the chaos and aggressive behaviour of the group leading up to that kick, which is readily available.

They’ve written 3 officers who first attended needed hospital treatment, one female officer had her nose broken, but the video is all that will be consumed, by those wishing to get the crowd going.

No balance

Cumbria

So with that said, I have already asked and you ignored… What do YOU mean by “the woke”?or ok noted so I can’t ask what the woke on here will say or not say because I may upset them by calling them woke but they can call someone racist or sexist or anything else that ends in ist fantastic lol just wached reports on the Manchester kicking reported a female officer got a broken nose two other officers assaulted and put on there arse if true the kicking is fair game for me "

People, including me, want to know what YOU mean when you use the word ‘woke?’

Brighton

So with that said, I have already asked and you ignored… What do YOU mean by “the woke”?or ok noted so I can’t ask what the woke on here will say or not say because I may upset them by calling them woke but they can call someone racist or sexist or anything else that ends in ist fantastic lol just wached reports on the Manchester kicking reported a female officer got a broken nose two other officers assaulted and put on there arse if true the kicking is fair game for me "

Are you deliberately avoiding my simple question? What are “the woke” and by extension who are “the woke on here”?

Cumbria

That is fuel for the fire for those that are looking for it unfortunately the photo of a suspect doesn't help, and will just exaggerate some views. The same way that the victim being in his uniform is seen as being of significance (it may be, it may not), the colour of the attacker will be seen by some as evidence of their beliefs. The fact this started as a question to the woke shows how much we are in a react now, think later culture.

The only thing being shown from the police incident is the kick to the head, they’re not showing the chaos and aggressive behaviour of the group leading up to that kick, which is readily available.

They’ve written 3 officers who first attended needed hospital treatment, one female officer had her nose broken, but the video is all that will be consumed, by those wishing to get the crowd going.

No balance"

Police are rightly held to higher standards than members of the public, that goes with the territory as their job is to uphold the law. They are allowed to use reasonable force in the conduct of their duties, which is fair, I would say.

Regardless of what came before it the video shows a man lying face down on the floor and the police officer moved towards him and stamped on his head. I do not consider that reasonable force. Were I to stamp on someone’s head while doing my job, regardless of what happened in the previous minute or five minutes, I would expect to be suspended while a full investigation took place.

Terra Firma

That is fuel for the fire for those that are looking for it unfortunately the photo of a suspect doesn't help, and will just exaggerate some views. The same way that the victim being in his uniform is seen as being of significance (it may be, it may not), the colour of the attacker will be seen by some as evidence of their beliefs. The fact this started as a question to the woke shows how much we are in a react now, think later culture.

No balance

Police are rightly held to higher standards than members of the public, that goes with the territory as their job is to uphold the law. They are allowed to use reasonable force in the conduct of their duties, which is fair, I would say.

Regardless of what came before it the video shows a man lying face down on the floor and the police officer moved towards him and stamped on his head. I do not consider that reasonable force. Were I to stamp on someone’s head while doing my job, regardless of what happened in the previous minute or five minutes, I would expect to be suspended while a full investigation took place."

The professionalism of the officer It isn’t the point i was making….

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 7 weeks ago

in Lancashire

No balance"

All that went before would have put the officer in a heightened state, adrenaline and fear with what he had been part of and witnessed will no doubt be part of any mitigation for any internal indeed external sanctions he might face but the same issues do not justify his kicking a person in the head and stamped when it can be clearly seen at the point he lost it and assaulted the guy that there was no obvious threat to himself or his colleagues/ wider public in the vicinity..

If he thought the guy is moving his hands which may indicate a concealed weapon or id the guy starts to get up then the officer has his taser ready and could and should use that or if it escalated he has a spray, a baton or his fire arm all of which he is lawfully entitled to use etc..

He's lost it sadly but you can't kick a person on the ground in the head or stamp upon the head..

Terra Firma

No balance

All that went before would have put the officer in a heightened state, adrenaline and fear with what he had been part of and witnessed will no doubt be part of any mitigation for any internal indeed external sanctions he might face but the same issues do not justify his kicking a person in the head and stamped when it can be clearly seen at the point he lost it and assaulted the guy that there was no obvious threat to himself or his colleagues/ wider public in the vicinity..

If he thought the guy is moving his hands which may indicate a concealed weapon or id the guy starts to get up then the officer has his taser ready and could and should use that or if it escalated he has a spray, a baton or his fire arm all of which he is lawfully entitled to use etc..

He's lost it sadly but you can't kick a person on the ground in the head or stamp upon the head.."

I agree, he will lose his license after that uncontrolled aggression.

I’m not condoning his actions.

Brighton

Yeah but what about “the woke”?

thornaby

So with that said, I have already asked and you ignored… What do YOU mean by “the woke”?or ok noted so I can’t ask what the woke on here will say or not say because I may upset them by calling them woke but they can call someone racist or sexist or anything else that ends in ist fantastic lol just wached reports on the Manchester kicking reported a female officer got a broken nose two other officers assaulted and put on there arse if true the kicking is fair game for me

People, including me, want to know what YOU mean when you use the word ‘woke?’"

like someone said earlier on here words change what I think cancel culture stifeliling free speech ppl for puberty blockers ppl for a man dressed as a woman useing women only spaced feelings over facts that’s just what I see as a woke person just look how many times iv been asked what is woke on this thread and how many times the same people are more outraged for me useing the word woke than they are of the stabbing take you for example ye I’d say your woke let me guess you’d say I’m far right ?

golden fields

So with that said, I have already asked and you ignored… What do YOU mean by “the woke”?or ok noted so I can’t ask what the woke on here will say or not say because I may upset them by calling them woke but they can call someone racist or sexist or anything else that ends in ist fantastic lol just wached reports on the Manchester kicking reported a female officer got a broken nose two other officers assaulted and put on there arse if true the kicking is fair game for me

People, including me, want to know what YOU mean when you use the word ‘woke?’like someone said earlier on here words change what I think cancel culture stifeliling free speech ppl for puberty blockers ppl for a man dressed as a woman useing women only spaced feelings over facts that’s just what I see as a woke person just look how many times iv been asked what is woke on this thread and how many times the same people are more outraged for me useing the word woke than they are of the stabbing take you for example ye I’d say your woke let me guess you’d say I’m far right ?"

People are calling you out for using this man's death to attack an element of society that you don't like, and don't seem to understand.

No balance"

not sure what you want here. The media (at least those I've read) have the details. The issue seems to be that one part of the story is video, the other is words. Unless you dont show the vid, what can you do ?

Cumbria

People, including me, want to know what YOU mean when you use the word ‘woke?’like someone said earlier on here words change what I think cancel culture stifeliling free speech ppl for puberty blockers ppl for a man dressed as a woman useing women only spaced feelings over facts that’s just what I see as a woke person just look how many times iv been asked what is woke on this thread and how many times the same people are more outraged for me useing the word woke than they are of the stabbing take you for example ye I’d say your woke let me guess you’d say I’m far right ?"

I’d say you’re confused and writing an incoherent list of things you don’t like.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 7 weeks ago

in Lancashire

I wouldn't say you were far right, not going by discussions on here over the years but in this instance you decided to chuck an irrelevant word in for whatever reason..

And now you're trying to justify it by talking about puberty blockers etc..

None of what you've said bears any relevance to the attack upon the Lt Col..

Brighton

Lol you list a far reaching set of criteria that you think defines someone as woke and then say you think I am woke. Hilarious. Let’s have a look at what you listed:

1. cancel culture stifeliling [sic] free speech = totally advocate free speech but that is not the same as being able to say just anything uf it is designed to offend.

2. ppl for puberty blockers = I am against puberty blockers

3. ppl for a man dressed as a woman useing [sic] women only spaced [sic] = I have been vocal on these forums regarding trans-women not being women (in particular in relation to sports). I fully support a person’s right to identify how they wish and to transition but as long as they still have physical attributes that makes them identifiably male (a penis) they are not women and should not be in female spaces.

4. feelings over facts = you might want to read more of my posts

Now if woke means being nice to people and considerate. Not seeing the world in black and white and realising there is profound complexity that is worth exploring and discussing like grown adults. Not maintaining a completely entrenched position on things simply because “my team” seems to hold that view. Well if THAT make me part of “the woke” then I am proud of it

thornaby

People, including me, want to know what YOU mean when you use the word ‘woke?’like someone said earlier on here words change what I think cancel culture stifeliling free speech ppl for puberty blockers ppl for a man dressed as a woman useing women only spaced feelings over facts that’s just what I see as a woke person just look how many times iv been asked what is woke on this thread and how many times the same people are more outraged for me useing the word woke than they are of the stabbing take you for example ye I’d say your woke let me guess you’d say I’m far right ?

People are calling you out for using this man's death to attack an element of society that you don't like, and don't seem to understand.

"

from the posts iv read most that are calling me out is because I used the word woke and they haven’t even commented on the attack they are in my opinion woke or arnt I allowed an opinion but again I’d see that as woke arnt these threads for opinions I see you as a woke person can I ask you what you think woke is or can’t I ask questions should I be cancelled?

Cumbria

People, including me, want to know what YOU mean when you use the word ‘woke?’like someone said earlier on here words change what I think cancel culture stifeliling free speech ppl for puberty blockers ppl for a man dressed as a woman useing women only spaced feelings over facts that’s just what I see as a woke person just look how many times iv been asked what is woke on this thread and how many times the same people are more outraged for me useing the word woke than they are of the stabbing take you for example ye I’d say your woke let me guess you’d say I’m far right ?

from the posts iv read most that are calling me out is because I used the word woke and they haven’t even commented on the attack they are in my opinion woke or arnt I allowed an opinion but again I’d see that as woke arnt these threads for opinions I see you as a woke person can I ask you what you think woke is or can’t I ask questions should I be cancelled?"

It’s always sensible, when in a hole, to stop digging.

Brighton

Lol you list a far reaching set of criteria that you think defines someone as woke and then say you think I am woke. Hilarious. Let’s have a look at what you listed:

1. cancel culture stifeliling [sic] free speech = totally advocate free speech but that is not the same as being able to say just anything uf it is designed to offend.

3. ppl for a man dressed as a woman useing [sic] women only spaced [sic] = I have been vocal on these forums regarding trans-women not being women (in particular in relation to sports). I fully support a person’s right to identify how they wish and to transition but as long as they still have physical attributes that makes them identifiably male (a penis) they are not women and should not be in female spaces.

Now if woke means being nice to people and considerate. Not seeing the world in black and white and realising there is profound complexity that is worth exploring and discussing like grown adults. Not maintaining a completely entrenched position on things simply because “my team” seems to hold that view. Well if THAT make me part of “the woke” then I am proud of it "

P.S. I am not sure you are far right. More confused and angry without knowing why. Go back to your OP so you can see why we are discussing “the woke” = you established the narrative.

Maybe it would have been better if your OP had been:

“Isn’t it shocking and awful that a man was nearly killed by another man wielding a knife! What is the world coming to? Wonder why this happened? Wonder if the victim wearing military uniform is relevant?”

See we can discuss the topic without baiting “the woke”.

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Glasgow

I just "woke" up. But reading this thread makes me want to go to sleep again.

thornaby

I wouldn't say you were far right, not going by discussions on here over the years but in this instance you decided to chuck an irrelevant word in for whatever reason..

And now you're trying to justify it by talking about puberty blockers etc..

None of what you've said bears any relevance to the attack upon the Lt Col.."

I was asked a question and replied to it read further up mate

golden fields

from the posts iv read most that are calling me out is because I used the word woke "

You were asked for some clarification.

"

and they haven’t even commented on the attack

"

Neither did you in your OP.

"

they are in my opinion woke or arnt I allowed an opinion

"

Yes, you've expressed your opinion on what "woke" is. But not why you chose to use this man's death to attack the people you identify as "woke".

"

but again I’d see that as woke arnt these threads for opinions I see you as a woke person can I ask you what you think woke is or can’t I ask questions should I be cancelled?"

I have honestly no clue why you're asking if you should be cancelled. But my answer is, no you shouldn't be cancelled.

thornaby

Now if woke means being nice to people and considerate. Not seeing the world in black and white and realising there is profound complexity that is worth exploring and discussing like grown adults. Not maintaining a completely entrenched position on things simply because “my team” seems to hold that view. Well if THAT make me part of “the woke” then I am proud of it

P.S. I am not sure you are far right. More confused and angry without knowing why. Go back to your OP so you can see why we are discussing “the woke” = you established the narrative.

“Isn’t it shocking and awful that a man was nearly killed by another man wielding a knife! What is the world coming to? Wonder why this happened? Wonder if the victim wearing military uniform is relevant?”

See we can discuss the topic without baiting “the woke”. "

and there you go someone you don’t agree with saying there confused and angry lol

thornaby

from the posts iv read most that are calling me out is because I used the word woke

Yes, you've expressed your opinion on what "woke" is. But not why you chose to use this man's death to attack the people you identify as "woke".

but again I’d see that as woke arnt these threads for opinions I see you as a woke person can I ask you what you think woke is or can’t I ask questions should I be cancelled?

I have honestly no clue why you're asking if you should be cancelled. But my answer is, no you shouldn't be cancelled."

sorry that should of been for the guy from Cumbria

golden fields

See we can discuss the topic without baiting “the woke”. and there you go someone you don’t agree with saying there confused and angry lol "

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you. We're just trying to find out why you used this man's death to bring up "the woke".

golden fields

from the posts iv read most that are calling me out is because I used the word woke

but again I’d see that as woke arnt these threads for opinions I see you as a woke person can I ask you what you think woke is or can’t I ask questions should I be cancelled?

I have honestly no clue why you're asking if you should be cancelled. But my answer is, no you shouldn't be cancelled.sorry that should of been for the guy from Cumbria "

Brighton

See we can discuss the topic without baiting “the woke”. and there you go someone you don’t agree with saying there confused and angry lol "

I thought you advocated free speech and opinion? Do you honestly not see the nature of your OP and how it contrasts to my suggested OP?

Do you want to talk about the attempted murder OR what “the woke” will say because as it stands your OP is only about “the woke”

thornaby

See we can discuss the topic without baiting “the woke”. and there you go someone you don’t agree with saying there confused and angry lol

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you. We're just trying to find out why you used this man's death to bring up "the woke"."

the ones who probably identify as woke haven even commented o n the poor guy who was attacked or his brave wife but focussed on the woke part that’s what i mean about I wonder what the woke in here have to say fair play to you you have

thornaby

See we can discuss the topic without baiting “the woke”. and there you go someone you don’t agree with saying there confused and angry lol

I thought you advocated free speech and opinion? Do you honestly not see the nature of your OP and how it contrasts to my suggested OP?

Do you want to talk about the attempted murder OR what “the woke” will say because as it stands your OP is only about “the woke” "

again read back I commented lots about the attack but I was asked more about woke so I answered I know answering a question is rare on here

golden fields

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you. We're just trying to find out why you used this man's death to bring up "the woke".the ones who probably identify as woke haven even commented o n the poor guy who was attacked or his brave wife but focussed on the woke part that’s what i mean about I wonder what the woke in here have to say fair play to you you have "

So you don't care about the man who was killed, you just started a thread mentioning "the woke" to see what people here who you think fit into your personal definition (as above) of "the woke" might say. Which is mostly "why did you mention "the woke" in your OP?".

I'm which case, fair play to you, weird, but whatever floats your boat.

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Glasgow

Is the OP saying "woke" people enjoy violence or seeing violence done to others..?

Terra Firma

No balancenot sure what you want here. The media (at least those I've read) have the details. The issue seems to be that one part of the story is video, the other is words. Unless you dont show the vid, what can you do ? "

Show the whole thing for full context, rather than isolating the worst bit.

Brighton

Do you want to talk about the attempted murder OR what “the woke” will say because as it stands your OP is only about “the woke” again read back I commented lots about the attack but I was asked more about woke so I answered I know answering a question is rare on here "

You could have just said “ignore my OP it is badly worded, what I meant to say was…”

I’ll take that as you admitting a mistake in your approach and misusing “the woke” as an insult and, in the context of you thinking it is an insult, then insulting me. Well done.

Now what should we actually discuss?

thornaby

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you. We're just trying to find out why you used this man's death to bring up "the woke".the ones who probably identify as woke haven even commented o n the poor guy who was attacked or his brave wife but focussed on the woke part that’s what i mean about I wonder what the woke in here have to say fair play to you you have

So you don't care about the man who was killed, you just started a thread mentioning "the woke" to see what people here who you think fit into your personal definition (as above) of "the woke" might say. Which is mostly "why did you mention "the woke" in your OP?".

I'm which case, fair play to you, weird, but whatever floats your boat."

I didn’t know the guy as died sorry for his loss and to his brave wife and family and respect to his service RIP

thornaby

Do you want to talk about the attempted murder OR what “the woke” will say because as it stands your OP is only about “the woke” again read back I commented lots about the attack but I was asked more about woke so I answered I know answering a question is rare on here

You could have just said “ignore my OP it is badly worded, what I meant to say was…”

I’ll take that as you admitting a mistake in your approach and misusing “the woke” as an insult and, in the context of you thinking it is an insult, then insulting me. Well done.

Now what should we actually discuss?"

where have I insulted you ?

Brighton

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you. We're just trying to find out why you used this man's death to bring up "the woke".the ones who probably identify as woke haven even commented o n the poor guy who was attacked or his brave wife but focussed on the woke part that’s what i mean about I wonder what the woke in here have to say fair play to you you have

I'm which case, fair play to you, weird, but whatever floats your boat.I didn’t know the guy as died sorry for his loss and to his brave wife and family and respect to his service RIP"

Agreed. Awful. Tragic.

Brighton

Do you want to talk about the attempted murder OR what “the woke” will say because as it stands your OP is only about “the woke” again read back I commented lots about the attack but I was asked more about woke so I answered I know answering a question is rare on here

Now what should we actually discuss?where have I insulted you ?"

Oh dear! I believe from what I have read in this thread that you think calling someone “woke” is an insult. You then called me woke. That means you were insulting me. I wasn’t offended and explained what I think “the woke” is and hence in that context consider it a good label. Only you know if you see it as negative and insulting

thornaby

Now what should we actually discuss?where have I insulted you ?

Oh dear! I believe from what I have read in this thread that you think calling someone “woke” is an insult. You then called me woke. That means you were insulting me. I wasn’t offended and explained what I think “the woke” is and hence in that context consider it a good label. Only you know if you see it as negative and insulting "

your insulted for calling you a good label your words sorry if I offended you for calling you a good label then and yes I see woke as a negative but again if that offends you sorry again

By *hrill CollinsMan 7 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

the antonym of 'woke' is 'asleep'

Bournemouth

Fuck me

Brighton

"Fuck me "

Ha ha yes. Now if only the OP had not been bait and the poster just answered the question we’d only be at about a dozen posts!

Brighton

Oh dear! I believe from what I have read in this thread that you think calling someone “woke” is an insult. You then called me woke. That means you were insulting me. I wasn’t offended and explained what I think “the woke” is and hence in that context consider it a good label. Only you know if you see it as negative and insulting your insulted for calling you a good label your words sorry if I offended you for calling you a good label then and yes I see woke as a negative but again if that offends you sorry again "

You aren’t reading what I wrote are you? I am not insulted but you did try to insult. See the difference?

Already explained how this could have all been avoided by a better worded OP.

thornaby

Oh dear! I believe from what I have read in this thread that you think calling someone “woke” is an insult. You then called me woke. That means you were insulting me. I wasn’t offended and explained what I think “the woke” is and hence in that context consider it a good label. Only you know if you see it as negative and insulting your insulted for calling you a good label your words sorry if I offended you for calling you a good label then and yes I see woke as a negative but again if that offends you sorry again

You aren’t reading what I wrote are you? I am not insulted but you did try to insult. See the difference?

Already explained how this could have all been avoided by a better worded OP."

so do a thread about how appalled you are about the stabbing of a poor soldier then that’s if yo really are

golden fields

"

Already explained how this could have all been avoided by a better worded OP.

so do a thread about how appalled you are about the stabbing of a poor soldier then that’s if yo really are "

I'm enjoying the hyper-surrealism of this thread.

Brighton

Oh dear! I believe from what I have read in this thread that you think calling someone “woke” is an insult. You then called me woke. That means you were insulting me. I wasn’t offended and explained what I think “the woke” is and hence in that context consider it a good label. Only you know if you see it as negative and insulting your insulted for calling you a good label your words sorry if I offended you for calling you a good label then and yes I see woke as a negative but again if that offends you sorry again

Already explained how this could have all been avoided by a better worded OP. so do a thread about how appalled you are about the stabbing of a poor soldier then that’s if yo really are "

Erm okaaay

Weird take.

First of all I have said more than once on this thread how appalled I am. Why do I need to start another thread. I thought THIS thread was about the stabbing UNLESS you are now admitting this thread was actually about bashing “the woke” and the stabbing was just your excuse?

You need to make your mind up

thornaby

Already explained how this could have all been avoided by a better worded OP. so do a thread about how appalled you are about the stabbing of a poor soldier then that’s if yo really are

Erm okaaay

Weird take.

First of all I have said more than once on this thread how appalled I am. Why do I need to start another thread. I thought THIS thread was about the stabbing UNLESS you are now admitting this thread was actually about bashing “the woke” and the stabbing was just your excuse?

You need to make your mind up "

iv bashed no one or insulated anyone and you know that fine we’ll mate if calling someone woke and there not well I’m sorry lol

Cumbria

Already explained how this could have all been avoided by a better worded OP. so do a thread about how appalled you are about the stabbing of a poor soldier then that’s if yo really are

Erm okaaay

Weird take.

You need to make your mind up iv bashed no one or insulated anyone and you know that fine we’ll mate if calling someone woke and there not well I’m sorry lol"

You started a thread trying to bait ‘woke’ people, for whatever reason, but it didn’t work. Use this as a learning opportunity and stop embarrassing yourself.

Brighton

"iv bashed no one or insulated anyone and you know that fine we’ll mate if calling someone woke and there not well I’m sorry lol"

woke people often correspond with those concerned about climate change so I reckon they’d be quite happy to be insulated

Jokes aside, I am dropping off this now as otherwise it will just start to come across as if I am intellectually bullying you, which is not my intent but you do just keep on digging yourself further into the hole and it has been hard not to respond!

So my final comment is that it is time to pull up your big boy pants and just admit that you either:

1. Wanted to have a dig at the woke and used the stabbing as an excuse.

Or

2. Genuinely wanted to talk about the stabbing but worded your OP poorly then doubled down.

It’s ok to make mistakes. We all do. Being an adult is admitting to them

By *eedshandymanMan 7 weeks ago

leeds

Hang the piece of shit mental health or not

» Add a new message to this topic