FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Bibby Stockholm barge used to house asylum seekers to be closed in January

Bibby Stockholm barge used to house asylum seekers to be closed in January

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *0shadesOfFilth OP   Man 7 weeks ago

nearby

The contract for the controversial barge which houses around 400 asylum seekers will end in 2025

The guardian article says it would have cost £20M to keep the Bibby contract going.

The new government say they are going to put resources into smashing the gangs, to reduce the costs of asylum by £7.7bn over the next ten years

Where will the 400 Bibby residents move to. Not Rwanda, £700 million was written off that failed scheme last week

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atEvolutionCouple 7 weeks ago

Guests in our Own club this weekend EXCITED !!!

Don't worry . . .

'Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer has also promised to tackle illegal migration "at source" with £84m to fund health and education projects abroad to stop the need for people to flee their homes in the first place.'

We are paying them to 'stay home'.

That will sort it

By *astandFeistyCouple 7 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"The contract for the controversial barge which houses around 400 asylum seekers will end in 2025

The guardian article says it would have cost £20M to keep the Bibby contract going.

The new government say they are going to put resources into smashing the gangs, to reduce the costs of asylum by £7.7bn over the next ten years

Where will the 400 Bibby residents move to. Not Rwanda, £700 million was written off that failed scheme last week

"

They'll be granted asylum and then the govt don't have to house them.

By *eroy1000Man 7 weeks ago

milton keynes

"The contract for the controversial barge which houses around 400 asylum seekers will end in 2025

They'll be granted asylum and then the govt don't have to house them. "

If they are granted asylum they still need accommodation so councils could end up paying instead or they will find themselves homeless on the streets. Hardly a good outcome

By *otMe66Man 7 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"

If they’ve got anything about them they would have realised by now what a shattered dream looks like, and possibly home looks not so bad after all…

By *ools and the brainCouple 7 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Can't they use it to house low risk prisoner's instead of just letting them all out early due to overcrowding.

A quick telling of, don't do it again a stern look and a loud Tut!

That'll teach those damn lawbreakers.

"Can't they use it to house low risk prisoner's instead of just letting them all out early due to overcrowding.

That'll teach those damn lawbreakers. "

Good idea.

By *idnight RamblerMan 7 weeks ago

Pershore

Predictable turn of events. Labour will simply legitimise all forms of immigration, and hey presto the reported numbers plummet.

Bournemouth

If they are granted asylum they still need accommodation so councils could end up paying instead or they will find themselves homeless on the streets. Hardly a good outcome"

I didn't say it was a good income.

Do you know what happens to single British men who find themselves homeless?

milton keynes

If they are granted asylum they still need accommodation so councils could end up paying instead or they will find themselves homeless on the streets. Hardly a good outcome

Do you know what happens to single British men who find themselves homeless?"

True you did not say that and I was not intending to insinuate you did. Poor wording on my part. I was trying to point out that the government not paying does may mean others won't end up paying like councils etc. Or they will end up adding to the homeless figures. The figures of those awaiting process may improve but it's just pushing the problem elsewhere less visible.

Bournemouth

True you did not say that and I was not intending to insinuate you did. Poor wording on my part. I was trying to point out that the government not paying does may mean others won't end up paying like councils etc. Or they will end up adding to the homeless figures. The figures of those awaiting process may improve but it's just pushing the problem elsewhere less visible."

I agree it will just push the problem elsewhere. But hey, as long as we get the numbers down.

Pershore

True you did not say that and I was not intending to insinuate you did. Poor wording on my part. I was trying to point out that the government not paying does may mean others won't end up paying like councils etc. Or they will end up adding to the homeless figures. The figures of those awaiting process may improve but it's just pushing the problem elsewhere less visible.

I agree it will just push the problem elsewhere. But hey, as long as we get the numbers down. "

Exactly! Labour are merely papering over the cracks. Ignorance is bliss I suppose - we won't have to fret over immigration if it 'doesn't exist'.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 7 weeks ago

Cumbria

"Can't they use it to house low risk prisoner's instead of just letting them all out early due to overcrowding.

That'll teach those damn lawbreakers. "

If only the previous government had done something about the ageing and inadequate prison estate over the last 14 years.

By (user no longer on site) 7 weeks ago

"Predictable turn of events. Labour will simply legitimise all forms of immigration, and hey presto the reported numbers plummet."
reported numbers of what exactly ?

Pershore

"Predictable turn of events. Labour will simply legitimise all forms of immigration, and hey presto the reported numbers plummet.reported numbers of what exactly ? "

Precisely : if washing-up in dinghies on foreign shores is perfectly legal, there's nothing to report right?

"Predictable turn of events. Labour will simply legitimise all forms of immigration, and hey presto the reported numbers plummet.reported numbers of what exactly ?

Precisely : if washing-up in dinghies on foreign shores is perfectly legal, there's nothing to report right?"

you can still count those entering by boat, legal or not. After all they'd still be asykum seekers/refugees and part of immigration statistics.

https://news.sky.com/story/recommend-our-journeys-and-win-500-euros-almost-12-000-people-smuggling-ads-removed-from-social-media-13183820

Big Prizes

"https://news.sky.com/story/recommend-our-journeys-and-win-500-euros-almost-12-000-people-smuggling-ads-removed-from-social-media-13183820

Big Prizes "

It's as though these criminals lie to con people ! It doesn't take much for people to sign up if you sell an idea they are already bought into, while painting it to be easy and cheap.

(This also feels like the equivalent of the "win a house, like this page" that spams my SM!)

By *acksparrow99Man 7 weeks ago

Canary Wharf, London

"Don't worry . . .

'Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer has also promised to tackle illegal migration "at source" with £84m to fund health and education projects abroad to stop the need for people to flee their homes in the first place.'

That will sort it "

If the intention was true, then £84m ought to be spent on SAS to take out gangsters in the UK and abroad. Education doesn't stop gangsters, bullets do. There is no plan to tackle immigration and I guess Labour will spend a yer or two blaming the Tories for the mess before they offer their own solution.

By *azzler2Man 7 weeks ago

halifax

If the immigrates are not happy on the barge am sure they have the option to ask to be sent back to France or to the country they came from

nearby

"Don't worry . . .

That will sort it

If the intention was true, then £84m ought to be spent on SAS to take out gangsters in the UK and abroad. Education doesn't stop gangsters, bullets do. There is no plan to tackle immigration and I guess Labour will spend a yer or two blaming the Tories for the mess before they offer their own solution. "

Starmer had just written off Sunak’s failed £700m Rwanda scheme

The UN says 1.2bn migrants will enter Europe over next 50 years. £84m won’t touch the sides

" £84m won’t touch the sides "

Have faith lol. Labour have told us that this is a fundamental part of the solution.

By *irldnCouple 7 weeks ago

Brighton

Mines! The answer is mines along the Kent coast. Ensure shipping lanes are clearly marked but then fill the English Channel with mines on our side.

" £84m won’t touch the sides

Have faith lol. Labour have told us that this is a fundamental part of the solution. "

Reform say we should adapt to warming rather than change it. I can only assume that means accepting our share of these migrants.

The party of immigration.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 7 weeks ago

golden fields

"If the immigrates are not happy on the barge am sure they have the option to ask to be sent back to France or to the country they came from"

It feels like you're almost at a point of realisation.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 7 weeks ago

Border of London

Have faith lol. Labour have told us that this is a fundamental part of the solution. Reform say we should adapt to warming rather than change it. I can only assume that means accepting our share of these migrants.

The party of immigration. "

They acknowledge that warming is real?!

Have faith lol. Labour have told us that this is a fundamental part of the solution. Reform say we should adapt to warming rather than change it. I can only assume that means accepting our share of these migrants.

They acknowledge that warming is real?! "

they acknowledge climate change has happened and will always happen.

They get confused with the science imo. But that's by the by. We need to adapt to the mass migration that's coming out way.

Terra Firma

They acknowledge that warming is real?! they acknowledge climate change has happened and will always happen.

They get confused with the science imo. But that's by the by. We need to adapt to the mass migration that's coming out way. "

They’re absolutely correct that climate change will always happen, additionally we will not be able to control it.

Nor will you be able to control illegal immigration- whether it's asylum seekers fleeing war zones or gangs or both.

The next century will see wave upon wave of global migration patterns.

You may as well be blowing bubbles at horde of bumblebees.

A lot of these people need our help and support.

By *2000ManMan 7 weeks ago

Worthing

This needs to be sorted soon otherwise we could overtake Sweden with their statistic. I won't quote what it is but makes grim reading.

Cumbria

"This needs to be sorted soon otherwise we could overtake Sweden with their statistic. I won't quote what it is but makes grim reading."

Please do quote it, otherwise how can we know what you are talking about?

Terra Firma

"This needs to be sorted soon otherwise we could overtake Sweden with their statistic. I won't quote what it is but makes grim reading."

Blimey I have just had a read, it does not sound good at all.

We should as a nation learn and learn quickly from them.

golden fields

"This needs to be sorted soon otherwise we could overtake Sweden with their statistic. I won't quote what it is but makes grim reading.

We should as a nation learn and learn quickly from them. "

Are you guys being cryptic about the rubbish that was reported about Sweden suddenly becoming the second most dangerous country in Europe. Implication being that it's because of immigrants?

Terra Firma

"This needs to be sorted soon otherwise we could overtake Sweden with their statistic. I won't quote what it is but makes grim reading.

Are you guys being cryptic about the rubbish that was reported about Sweden suddenly becoming the second most dangerous country in Europe. Implication being that it's because of immigrants?"

You can look on the Swedish gov website and find out what I read and the stats.

By *exyusMan 7 weeks ago

halifax

wont be long before political revolution if main parties dont carry out whatever needs doing to solve problem then the new power will do, or it will continue if people dont alter it

nearby

According to UNHCR, the UN’s refugee agency, an annual average of 21.5 million people were forcibly displaced each year by weather-related events – such as floods, storms, wildfires and extreme temperatures – between 2008 and 2016. This climate migration is expected to surge in coming decades with forecasts from international thinktank the IEP predicting that 1.2 billion people could be displaced globally by 2050 due to climate change and natural disasters.

milton keynes

Are you guys being cryptic about the rubbish that was reported about Sweden suddenly becoming the second most dangerous country in Europe. Implication being that it's because of immigrants?

"

Maybe the Swedish are using immigration reports as a distraction tactic like the Tories always did, allegedly.

golden fields

"

If you guys are unwilling to explain, I assume it's proper ropey.

By *mateur100Man 7 weeks ago

nr faversham

"If the immigrates are not happy on the barge am sure they have the option to ask to be sent back to France or to the country they came from

It feels like you're almost at a point of realisation. "

Meaning what exactly?

golden fields

"If the immigrates are not happy on the barge am sure they have the option to ask to be sent back to France or to the country they came from

It feels like you're almost at a point of realisation.

Meaning what exactly?"

Meaning the other chap could be close to a realisation.

Terra Firma

If you guys are unwilling to explain, I assume it's proper ropey. "

I have explained the information is on the Swedish Governments website.

I won't try and explain as the stats are readily available and tie in to the governments change in direction.

I agree, we need to resolve poverty and inequality, given that tends to be the major correlate with crime.

By *2000ManMan 7 weeks ago

Worthing

Please do quote it, otherwise how can we know what you are talking about?"

I'd rather not. Already said too much.

golden fields

I won't try and explain as the stats are readily available and tie in to the governments change in direction.

"

The other chap seems to think it's too ropey to even say what it is!

I'll assume my assumption was right.

By *ostindreamsMan 7 weeks ago

London

"

I don't see a reason to be cryptic. In 2016, when stats of sexual assaults were published, immigrants from some countries were responsible for about 58% of the crime. After that the left wing government decided to solve this problem by banning publishing crime stats with ethnicity. Typical left wing behaviour. Nothing to see here.

You have a culture where men are told repeatedly that "good women" are supposed to cover every inch of their body and stay at home. Then they go to a different country where they see women walking around wearing short skirts and getting d*unk late night. It doesn't take a PhD to see how many men from this culture would respond to this. And don't even get me started on the gang wars in Malmo.

A country that used to be the role model of social cohesion is now top of some terrible statistics. Then people were surprised when Sweden chose a "far right" party.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Central

It seemed inappropriate and inhumane for that purpose, so it's right to get appropriate accommodations instead. We had a race to the bottom with the last 14 years - we don't need to stay there

By *enSiskoMan 7 weeks ago

Cestus 3

People living in and around the equator are already in dire straights due to 45/50c heat, there is no choice for them they have to go elsewhere.

I don't see a reason to be cryptic. In 2016, when stats of sexual assaults were published, immigrants from some countries were responsible for about 58% of the crime. After that the left wing government decided to solve this problem by banning publishing crime stats with ethnicity. Typical left wing behaviour. Nothing to see here.

You have a culture where men are told repeatedly that "good women" are supposed to cover every inch of their body and stay at home. Then they go to a different country where they see women walking around wearing short skirts and getting d*unk late night. It doesn't take a PhD to see how many men from this culture would respond to this. And don't even get me started on the gang wars in Malmo.

A country that used to be the role model of social cohesion is now top of some terrible statistics. Then people were surprised when Sweden chose a "far right" party."

haven't found anything on stats being banned. Can you help?

The local dot se has an article on the history "Why Sweden doesn't keep stats on ethnicity and crime"

The reduction in migration stats started with a middle right.

I've also found a 2021 article summarising a new report.

London

"haven't found anything on stats being banned. Can you help?

The local dot se has an article on the history "Why Sweden doesn't keep stats on ethnicity and crime"

"

The police were banned from describing ethnicity of criminals

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/swedish-police-are-not-allowed-to-give-descriptions-of-alleged-criminals-so-as-not-to-sound-racist-a6810311.html

You can also search for the news about Lund University researchers being prosecuted for publishing this data in their research because they weren't "ethically authorized"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/swedish-police-are-not-allowed-to-give-descriptions-of-alleged-criminals-so-as-not-to-sound-racist-a6810311.html

You can also search for the news about Lund University researchers being prosecuted for publishing this data in their research because they weren't "ethically authorized"

"

the link seemed to be how they reported cases in statements rather than stats being banned.

That researchers are being referred to board of appeal (prosecution sounds criminal and I don't think it is criminal) about whether they were allowed to handle ethnical data shows it's being recorded.

So as far as I can see from both, the left government hasn't banned collection of data.

London

the link seemed to be how they reported cases in statements rather than stats being banned.

That researchers are being referred to board of appeal (prosecution sounds criminal and I don't think it is criminal) about whether they were allowed to handle ethnical data shows it's being recorded.

So as far as I can see from both, the left government hasn't banned collection of data. "

I didn't say collection of this data is banned. Publishing of this data is indirectly banned though. Can you find any stats after they last published the 58% stats in 2017? The prosecution of the researchers is a symptom of the problem.

So as far as I can see from both, the left government hasn't banned collection of data.

I didn't say collection of this data is banned. Publishing of this data is indirectly banned though. Can you find any stats after they last published the 58% stats in 2017? The prosecution of the researchers is a symptom of the problem."

Registered offending among persons of native

and non-native background

English summary of Brå report 2021:9

London

I didn't say collection of this data is banned. Publishing of this data is indirectly banned though. Can you find any stats after they last published the 58% stats in 2017? The prosecution of the researchers is a symptom of the problem.Registered offending among persons of native

English summary of Brå report 2021:9"

Yes, after they were forced to do so leading up to the elections. Brå is an institution under the control of their ministry. A couple of years before, an employee survey showed that they were pressured by the government to suppress some crime statistics and even change it. The social democrats party attempting to conceal the truth around that time was well known and one if the big reasons, along with immigration itself that resulted in their defeat in the election.

I didn't say collection of this data is banned. Publishing of this data is indirectly banned though. Can you find any stats after they last published the 58% stats in 2017? The prosecution of the researchers is a symptom of the problem.Registered offending among persons of native

Yes, after they were forced to do so leading up to the elections. Brå is an institution under the control of their ministry. A couple of years before, an employee survey showed that they were pressured by the government to suppress some crime statistics and even change it. The social democrats party attempting to conceal the truth around that time was well known and one if the big reasons, along with immigration itself that resulted in their defeat in the election."

could you can help by sharing something that shows this ? At every turn I've not found anything that supports this view and none of the suggestions you gave helped either. Fairs fair.

London

Yes, after they were forced to do so leading up to the elections. Brå is an institution under the control of their ministry. A couple of years before, an employee survey showed that they were pressured by the government to suppress some crime statistics and even change it. The social democrats party attempting to conceal the truth around that time was well known and one if the big reasons, along with immigration itself that resulted in their defeat in the election. could you can help by sharing something that shows this ? At every turn I've not found anything that supports this view and none of the suggestions you gave helped either. Fairs fair. "

I already showed you two cases of the government blatantly trying to suppress news about this. I could only find a link to a Swedish news article about the government exerting pressure over Brå to control what statistics to publish. You can search for "Ny forskningsrapport: Brå viker sig för politisk press". The whole article is paywalled. But you can see a link to the research that you can open and translate with chrome to see employees in the organisation talking about government control.

Towards the end of her tenure, the Swedish social democrats party PM herself said that their immigration policy was a failure. And yet we will see people doing mental gymnastics to tell us how their policy wasn't a failure and the stats are wrong.

Yes, after they were forced to do so leading up to the elections. Brå is an institution under the control of their ministry. A couple of years before, an employee survey showed that they were pressured by the government to suppress some crime statistics and even change it. The social democrats party attempting to conceal the truth around that time was well known and one if the big reasons, along with immigration itself that resulted in their defeat in the election. could you can help by sharing something that shows this ? At every turn I've not found anything that supports this view and none of the suggestions you gave helped either. Fairs fair.

I already showed you two cases of the government blatantly trying to suppress news about this. I could only find a link to a Swedish news article about the government exerting pressure over Brå to control what statistics to publish. You can search for "Ny forskningsrapport: Brå viker sig för politisk press". The whole article is paywalled. But you can see a link to the research that you can open and translate with chrome to see employees in the organisation talking about government control.

Towards the end of her tenure, the Swedish social democrats party PM herself said that their immigration policy was a failure. And yet we will see people doing mental gymnastics to tell us how their policy wasn't a failure and the stats are wrong. "

okay we have gone from banning the production of statistics (not true afaik) to a study of 30 odd people suggesting management put pressure on Bra which may have created bias. I can't translate the pdf to see what that says.

London

Yes, after they were forced to do so leading up to the elections. Brå is an institution under the control of their ministry. A couple of years before, an employee survey showed that they were pressured by the government to suppress some crime statistics and even change it. The social democrats party attempting to conceal the truth around that time was well known and one if the big reasons, along with immigration itself that resulted in their defeat in the election. could you can help by sharing something that shows this ? At every turn I've not found anything that supports this view and none of the suggestions you gave helped either. Fairs fair.

Towards the end of her tenure, the Swedish social democrats party PM herself said that their immigration policy was a failure. And yet we will see people doing mental gymnastics to tell us how their policy wasn't a failure and the stats are wrong. okay we have gone from banning the production of statistics (not true afaik) to a study of 30 odd people suggesting management put pressure on Bra which may have created bias. I can't translate the pdf to see what that says. "

Probably "ban" was the wrong word because they did not do it officially by passing legislation. But they tried every possible thing to suppress information on this topic. They did not put pressure to just create bias. They had control over the organisation and outright asked them not to publish some statistics.

Do you think Sweden's asylum policy was a good thing for the country?

Cumbria

Towards the end of her tenure, the Swedish social democrats party PM herself said that their immigration policy was a failure. And yet we will see people doing mental gymnastics to tell us how their policy wasn't a failure and the stats are wrong. okay we have gone from banning the production of statistics (not true afaik) to a study of 30 odd people suggesting management put pressure on Bra which may have created bias. I can't translate the pdf to see what that says.

Probably "ban" was the wrong word because they did not do it officially by passing legislation. But they tried every possible thing to suppress information on this topic. They did not put pressure to just create bias. They had control over the organisation and outright asked them not to publish some statistics.

Do you think Sweden's asylum policy was a good thing for the country?"

So the Swedish government didn’t ban publishing statistics about crimes committed by immigrants?

Towards the end of her tenure, the Swedish social democrats party PM herself said that their immigration policy was a failure. And yet we will see people doing mental gymnastics to tell us how their policy wasn't a failure and the stats are wrong. okay we have gone from banning the production of statistics (not true afaik) to a study of 30 odd people suggesting management put pressure on Bra which may have created bias. I can't translate the pdf to see what that says.

Do you think Sweden's asylum policy was a good thing for the country?"

I dont have enough knowledge tbh. Even the studies don't differentiate between asylum and other immigrants (from what I've read at least). And the issue seems to be greater for second gen (which my sense is a general truism)

Another general sense is that some countries do have a higher crime rate, although I'd like to see such analysis adjusted for poverty. However relative crime rates are not enough to understand if we want to look at policy. If 1 in a million swedes break the law, and it's 3 in a million non Swedes, how concerned sjould one be in providing safety to 1 million refugees...

Anyway.

I was more trying to understand this idea the left banned reporting on statistics, which has now been watered down. And indeed the move from regular stats to reports seems to have been triggered by centre right... Most sides seek to influence the narrative.

London

So the Swedish government didn’t ban publishing statistics about crimes committed by immigrants?"

Not officially. But unofficially.

London

"

Do you think Sweden's asylum policy was a good thing for the country?I dont have enough knowledge tbh. Even the studies don't differentiate between asylum and other immigrants (from what I've read at least). And the issue seems to be greater for second gen (which my sense is a general truism)

Another general sense is that some countries do have a higher crime rate, although I'd like to see such analysis adjusted for poverty. However relative crime rates are not enough to understand if we want to look at policy. If 1 in a million swedes break the law, and it's 3 in a million non Swedes, how concerned sjould one be in providing safety to 1 million refugees...

"

Poverty leads to gang crime. Sexual assaults have nothing to do with poverty. There is no reason random innocent women have to go through the ordeal of sexual assaults and live in an unsafe environment just because some lefties decided they have to virtue signal using the refugees cause. And the ratio isn't 1 in million against 3 in million. 58% of the sexual assaults were committed by men from asylum seeking countries whereas their population was less than 5%

"

I was more trying to understand this idea the left banned reporting on statistics, which has now been watered down. And indeed the move from regular stats to reports seems to have been triggered by centre right... Most sides seek to influence the narrative.

"

It's not watered down. Why else would researchers be prosecuted for publishing this?

milton keynes

Regarding these reports that may or may not have been stopped from showing the level of crime by asylum seekers,do you mean they are not published at all to the general public or not even the authorities get to see them. Reason for asking was that if they are not covered up and are in the public domain then an easy way to prove they are not covered up is to find them and share the link or how to find them. Can't claim to be withheld if people can find them was my thinking

"

Do you think Sweden's asylum policy was a good thing for the country?I dont have enough knowledge tbh. Even the studies don't differentiate between asylum and other immigrants (from what I've read at least). And the issue seems to be greater for second gen (which my sense is a general truism)

Poverty leads to gang crime. Sexual assaults have nothing to do with poverty. There is no reason random innocent women have to go through the ordeal of sexual assaults and live in an unsafe environment just because some lefties decided they have to virtue signal using the refugees cause. And the ratio isn't 1 in million against 3 in million. 58% of the sexual assaults were committed by men from asylum seeking countries whereas their population was less than 5%

It's not watered down. Why else would researchers be prosecuted for publishing this? "

when you say prosecuted, what do you mean ?

"

It's not watered down. Why else would researchers be prosecuted for publishing this? "

where are those numbers from ? My first hit had less than half to foreign born, and they make up 20pc. So I'm off on both parts of the fraction.

Unheard

Sweden’s migrant rpe crisis European liberals never ask uncomfortable questions about immigration

Cumbria

So the Swedish government didn’t ban publishing statistics about crimes committed by immigrants?

Not officially. But unofficially."

London

"

They did, unofficially. Why else do they have to prosecute researchers? Why else would they stop police from publishing these details?

London

"

It's not watered down. Why else would researchers be prosecuted for publishing this? where are those numbers from ? My first hit had less than half to foreign born, and they make up 20pc. So I'm off on both parts of the fraction.

Unheard

Sweden’s migrant rpe crisis European liberals never ask uncomfortable questions about immigration"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45269764

58 percent are foreign born

London

"

It's not watered down. Why else would researchers be prosecuted for publishing this? when you say prosecuted, what do you mean ? "

From what I have read, she was going to be charged

https://europeanconservative.com/articles/news/sweden-charges-pending-for-unapproved-research/?print-posts=print

Cumbria

They did, unofficially. Why else do they have to prosecute researchers? Why else would they stop police from publishing these details?"

Can you point me to the legislation that banned it?

"

It's not watered down. Why else would researchers be prosecuted for publishing this? when you say prosecuted, what do you mean ?

https://europeanconservative.com/articles/news/sweden-charges-pending-for-unapproved-research/?print-posts=print"

that's the latest I can find too which doesn't say she is being prosecuted just that an ethics board has referred her.

And the law she may have broken appears to be a wide ranging ethics law that's been on place for 20 years.

Maybe the someone was getting her on a technicallity. But the OG complaint was raised by one person. And it appears the prof has been referred on five cases.

It doesn't quite stack up as being prosecuted for publishing "bad' findings but being referred to prosecutors by an ethics board for not completing with ethics laws.

London

"

It's not watered down. Why else would researchers be prosecuted for publishing this? when you say prosecuted, what do you mean ?

https://europeanconservative.com/articles/news/sweden-charges-pending-for-unapproved-research/?print-posts=printthat's the latest I can find too which doesn't say she is being prosecuted just that an ethics board has referred her.

And the law she may have broken appears to be a wide ranging ethics law that's been on place for 20 years.

Maybe the someone was getting her on a technicallity. But the OG complaint was raised by one person. And it appears the prof has been referred on five cases.

It doesn't quite stack up as being prosecuted for publishing "bad' findings but being referred to prosecutors by an ethics board for not completing with ethics laws. "

It says that the ethics review board has reviewed it and forwarded to the prosecutor for charges. They have found her guilty.

The law itself has been known to be vague. Just the right kind of law that authoritarian governments can apply arbitrarily on things they don't like, just like the 2003 communications act that Blair bought in. You can search for "Ethics review of artistic research: challenging the boundaries and appealing for care" that mentions the act was tightened in 2020.

Cumbria

"

https://europeanconservative.com/articles/news/sweden-charges-pending-for-unapproved-research/?print-posts=printthat's the latest I can find too which doesn't say she is being prosecuted just that an ethics board has referred her.

It doesn't quite stack up as being prosecuted for publishing "bad' findings but being referred to prosecutors by an ethics board for not completing with ethics laws.

It says that the ethics review board has reviewed it and forwarded to the prosecutor for charges. They have found her guilty.

The law itself has been known to be vague. Just the right kind of law that authoritarian governments can apply arbitrarily on things they don't like, just like the 2003 communications act that Blair bought in. You can search for "Ethics review of artistic research: challenging the boundaries and appealing for care" that mentions the act was tightened in 2020."

I had no idea you were such an expert on Swedish ethics laws.

London

"

The law itself has been known to be vague. Just the right kind of law that authoritarian governments can apply arbitrarily on things they don't like, just like the 2003 communications act that Blair bought in. You can search for "Ethics review of artistic research: challenging the boundaries and appealing for care" that mentions the act was tightened in 2020.

I had no idea you were such an expert on Swedish ethics laws."

It's not hard to read on the internet?

Cumbria

"

It's not hard to read on the internet?"

Do you have a source other than europeanconservative dot com, as I’m not sure how impartial it is?

Pershore

If you have any lingering doubt about the 'benefits' of immigration watch the docu-drama Honour on Netflix. Truly horrifying the practices we have imported into our nation.

golden fields

"If you have any lingering doubt about the 'benefits' of immigration watch the docu-drama Honour on Netflix. Truly horrifying the practices we have imported into our nation."

Will this convert the people not obsessed with blaming immigrants for everything, to start blaming immigrants for everything?

And if so, is that a good thing?

London

"

Do you have a source other than europeanconservative dot com, as I’m not sure how impartial it is?"

I could say the same thing about the guardian. This is the kind of news only the right wing media usually covers? You can search for the professor name. There are limited English news but quite a few swedish news.

Either way, you aren't going to admit anything, given that all you do is to distract everyone from the real issue that 58% of the sexual assaults in Sweden were committed by foreign born? Are the statistics racist?

London

"If you have any lingering doubt about the 'benefits' of immigration watch the docu-drama Honour on Netflix. Truly horrifying the practices we have imported into our nation.

Will this convert the people not obsessed with blaming immigrants for everything, to start blaming immigrants for everything?

And if so, is that a good thing? "

It might convert people who have been brainwashed by left wing media. That definitely has to be a good thing?

Cumbria

"

Do you have a source other than europeanconservative dot com, as I’m not sure how impartial it is?

I could say the same thing about the guardian. This is the kind of news only the right wing media usually covers? You can search for the professor name. There are limited English news but quite a few swedish news.

Either way, you aren't going to admit anything, given that all you do is to distract everyone from the real issue that 58% of the sexual assaults in Sweden were committed by foreign born? Are the statistics racist?"

So you don’t have another source then?

Pershore

"If you have any lingering doubt about the 'benefits' of immigration watch the docu-drama Honour on Netflix. Truly horrifying the practices we have imported into our nation.

Well watch it then see how you feel. Nobody blames immigrants for 'everything', but for sure they've brought some highly undesirable practices and attitudes to our country.

London

"

Either way, you aren't going to admit anything, given that all you do is to distract everyone from the real issue that 58% of the sexual assaults in Sweden were committed by foreign born? Are the statistics racist?

So you don’t have another source then?"

There are sources. I gave you instructions to search for them. I can't post links because I have been randomly banned for posting URLs.

And you don't have anything to say about the 58% stats?

Terra Firma

I would hope it is a true reflection of fact, allowing the viewer to form their own decisions.

I'm guessing from your comment, if you had the power to stop a documentary of this nature being aired you would do so?

golden fields

I would hope it is a true reflection of fact, allowing the viewer to form their own decisions.

I'm guessing from your comment, if you had the power to stop a documentary of this nature being aired you would do so?

"

Why would you guess that? What a ridiculous thing to say. Of course not.

golden fields

Well watch it then see how you feel. Nobody blames immigrants for 'everything', but for sure they've brought some highly undesirable practices and attitudes to our country. "

I read about it. It honestly wouldn't make me feel more hostile to immigrants or make me more judgemental about them.

Terra Firma

Why would you guess that? What a ridiculous thing to say. Of course not."

I was replying to your comment here:

"Will this convert the people not obsessed with blaming immigrants for everything, to start blaming immigrants for everything?"

have I misunderstood what you were saying?

I read it as you would consider it to be harmful in content effecting everyone

golden fields

"Will this convert the people not obsessed with blaming immigrants for everything, to start blaming immigrants for everything?"

I read it as you would consider it to be harmful in content effecting everyone"

I don't consider it anything. I was clearly asking the other chap for his opinion.

There's lots of media that is harmful to society, I've never suggested banning anything. No idea why you would project this onto me.

Terra Firma

I don't consider it anything. I was clearly asking the other chap for his opinion.

There's lots of media that is harmful to society, I've never suggested banning anything. No idea why you would project this onto me."

Sorry, I clearly misunderstood your post

golden fields

There's lots of media that is harmful to society, I've never suggested banning anything. No idea why you would project this onto me.

Sorry, I clearly misunderstood your post "

We're all good.

Cumbria

"

There are sources. I gave you instructions to search for them. I can't post links because I have been randomly banned for posting URLs.

"

You’ve been randomly banned from posting links but posted the one from European conservative dot com?

London

"

You’ve been randomly banned from posting links but posted the one from European conservative dot com?"

You wouldn't engage with a single question I ask in spite of me answering every single question directed at me just to distract?

» Add a new message to this topic