FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Biden drops out….

Biden drops out….

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man 7 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Officially drops out of the race to be president….

Fascinating next 10 days…..

For me it “should “ be vice president Kamala Harris…..

But names to keep an eye on….

House minority leader Hakeem Jeffries

California governor Gavin Newsome

Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer

A Harris/Whitmer ticket would be awesome if “big gretch” wants the role of vice president.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *vbride1963TV/TS 7 weeks ago

E.K . Glasgow

Game on again .

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Game on again ."

Absolutely… and whitmer would make more sense than newsome…

Newsome would probably be too “California” as Harris was the senator for the state before she was vice

Whither is super popular in Michigan and has done brilliant in turning round the state, plus it probably takes Michigan off the table as a winnable trump state… she is very well known in the midwest thus countering any effect JD Vance… but in democratic terms… Harris actually has a deep bench of candidates for vice

By *partharmonyCouple 7 weeks ago

Ruislip

Biden should step down as president now so Kamalah Harris can fight as an encumbent president rather than as a new candidate.

By *igNick1381Man 7 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

"Biden should step down as president now so Kamalah Harris can fight as an encumbent president rather than as a new candidate. "

Out of curiosity, and I don't know if anyone can clarify

Should Biden step down now and Harris takes over the last couple of months, that would bar her from running from 2 full term's would it

For instance. Say a few day's after Biden started his term he dropped out for whatever reason and Harris essentially run the full term. Could she still run for her "own" 2 terms?

Anyone know

BRIDGEND

"Game on again .

Absolutely… and whitmer would make more sense than newsome…

Newsome would probably be too “California” as Harris was the senator for the state before she was vice

Whither is super popular in Michigan and has done brilliant in turning round the state, plus it probably takes Michigan off the table as a winnable trump state… she is very well known in the midwest thus countering any effect JD Vance… but in democratic terms… Harris actually has a deep bench of candidates for vice"

She does but how many would rather run for the big chair over being just VP

Make no mistake, Biden has been pushed, he didn't jump

Politics is politics and politicians want the big job ultimately

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Biden should step down as president now so Kamalah Harris can fight as an encumbent president rather than as a new candidate.

Should Biden step down now and Harris takes over the last couple of months, that would bar her from running from 2 full term's would it

For instance. Say a few day's after Biden started his term he dropped out for whatever reason and Harris essentially run the full term. Could she still run for her "own" 2 terms?

Anyone know

"

No… she could still run her own 2 full terms….

By *luebell888Woman 7 weeks ago

Majorca

Biden is a very ill man and I just hope he gets the care he deserves.

BRIDGEND

"Biden should step down as president now so Kamalah Harris can fight as an encumbent president rather than as a new candidate.

Anyone know

No… she could still run her own 2 full terms…. "

Thank you. A silly question but one of those oddities you know

By *melie LALWoman 7 weeks ago

Peterborough

Harris is being endorsed by Biden, and the Clintons

By *ggdrasil66Man 7 weeks ago

Saltdean

Trump will still win, thankfully

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Harris is being endorsed by Biden, and the Clintons"

I think this way you will find it’s not going to be a messy convention in a few weeks….

Like I said… I really hope she picks governor whitmer as vice president

I wonder as well if the republicans will now try to pull out of the debate as to try to not show up the contrast

BRIDGEND

I remember Harris getting run down at the 2020 primary on her record by another female dem (I cannot remember her name) on her prison record when governer

Biden has given her the nod but I don't think she'll be as strong a candidate as people think

In think Biden still would have won. People understand that it's not just the president but the party that runs the country and I can't imagine people (as in undecided voters, who really affect outcomes) would want to change administrations during a time of ongoing wars etc

I'd have thought they'd stick with the same team, so to speak

Peterborough

Trump running Biden down. He should take a leaf out of our main politicians being graceful upon departure.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Trump running Biden down. He should take a leaf out of our main politicians being graceful upon departure."

The next time trump will be graceful will be the first time!

And so much for trump being a changed person after his shooting.. that lasted 5 days!

BRIDGEND

Tulsi Gabbard I think

Peterborough

"Trump running Biden down. He should take a leaf out of our main politicians being graceful upon departure.

The next time trump will be graceful will be the first time!

And so much for trump being a changed person after his shooting.. that lasted 5 days!"

Only if the bullet had lobotomised him.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 7 weeks ago

golden fields

"Trump will still win, thankfully "

Sadly I think you're right. Tough times ahead for ordinary Americans, for the efforts to tackle climate change, for world political economic stability etc.

By *ools and the brainCouple 7 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

I think the plan has worked perfectly for Trump and whoever replaces Biden is onto a looser.... unfortunately.

Trump getting reelected is in my opinion a massive backwards step for world politics and America, what new stuff is he bringing to the table other than his own special brand of egomania?

By *usybee73Man 7 weeks ago

in the sticks

"Trump will still win, thankfully

Sadly I think you're right. Tough times ahead for ordinary Americans, for the efforts to tackle climate change, for world political economic stability etc. "

Surely better for the USA to use its own resources then import them from Arabia?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Tulsi Gabbard I think "

Tulsi would have been a great vice president under Bernie sanders 8 years ago…. Since then she has gone way of the reservation.. so to speak!

golden fields

Sadly I think you're right. Tough times ahead for ordinary Americans, for the efforts to tackle climate change, for world political economic stability etc.

Surely better for the USA to use its own resources then import them from Arabia?"

What? Trump isn't from "Arabia", are any of the potential candidates?

By *ellhungvweMan 7 weeks ago

Cheltenham

[Removed by poster at 21/07/24 21:14:21]

Newcastle and Gateshead

Surely better for the USA to use its own resources then import them from Arabia?"

A) the US are actually the largest producers of oil and gas in the world…..

B) Even at it’s peak, the most that the us has ever gotten from Saudi Arabia is 8% of its energy needs…

golden fields

Surely better for the USA to use its own resources then import them from Arabia?

B) Even at it’s peak, the most that the us has ever gotten from Saudi Arabia is 8% of its energy needs…"

Oh he was talking about Oil. What's that got to do with all the problems another Trump presidency would cause?

By *usybee73Man 7 weeks ago

in the sticks

B) Even at it’s peak, the most that the us has ever gotten from Saudi Arabia is 8% of its energy needs…

Oh he was talking about Oil. What's that got to do with all the problems another Trump presidency would cause?"

USA was exporting gas and oil under trump, but sure you knew that, and supplying UK with fracked gas

golden fields

Oh he was talking about Oil. What's that got to do with all the problems another Trump presidency would cause?

USA was exporting gas and oil under trump, but sure you knew that, and supplying UK with fracked gas"

Yeah, absolutely awful state of affairs for trying to tackle climate change. Got you.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Central

It would benefit him and people like him, in the short term. Fuck over the world and the majority of US citizens though. Peculiar choice

By *piritualBlackBWW1979Woman 7 weeks ago

Medway

It would benefit him and people like him, in the short term. Fuck over the world and the majority of US citizens though. Peculiar choice "

Really good thread!

I have to admit, I'm absolutely fascinated by Trump supporters!! He attracts such a wide range of people, some predictable and others not!! Going to keep my eye on these posts!!!

Peterborough

What? Trump isn't from "Arabia", are any of the potential candidates?"

Romania?

By *ustintime69Man 7 weeks ago

Bristol

What? Trump isn't from "Arabia", are any of the potential candidates?

Romania?"

Surely Trump is from moronia?

By *ggdrasil66Man 7 weeks ago

Saltdean

So many dick heads out there, more of them are from the so called ‘ Democrat’ party. Republicans will always find it easier, while those who always come from Donald Trump’s side, will continue find it easier to win most of the fine.

Ruislip

Anyone know

"

No. Bear in mind Lyndon Johnson became president after JFK was assinated. He won the next election in 1964. He was going to run for a second term in 68 but decided to drop out because of the mess he had created in Vietnam. Nixon won that election.

Ruislip

The fall of American democracy is a good thing? You want a dictator in charge of America? Why?

golden fields

"So many dick heads out there, more of them are from the so called ‘ Democrat’ party. Republicans will always find it easier, while those who always come from Donald Trump’s side, will continue find it easier to win most of the fine."

. I can see why you admire Trumpo.

By *otMe66Man 7 weeks ago

Terra Firma

The fall of American democracy is a good thing? You want a dictator in charge of America? Why? "

Trump is not a dictator, the US is built on democracy.

couple, us we him her.

The fall of American democracy is a good thing? You want a dictator in charge of America? Why?

"

Really?

Even with Chairman Trump in charge?

Terra Firma

Really?

Even with Chairman Trump in charge?"

I'm afraid that is correct, Trump is not a dictator, the US is a democracy.

People might not like Trump, but that isn't a green light for fabrication of the truth.

couple, us we him her.

Really?

People might not like Trump, but that isn't a green light for fabrication of the truth."

That is the single most hilarious thing I've ever read given that Trump is the king of making shit up!

Terra Firma

Really?

People might not like Trump, but that isn't a green light for fabrication of the truth.

That is the single most hilarious thing I've ever read given that Trump is the king of making shit up!"

I'm pleased to have enhanced your day

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 7 weeks ago

Border of London

Really?

That is the single most hilarious thing I've ever read given that Trump is the king of making shit up!"

Trump is the absolute mostest truthful President since George Washington. Only LOSERS make up lies about him. SAD!!!

Bristol

Really?

That is the single most hilarious thing I've ever read given that Trump is the king of making shit up!

Trump is the absolute mostest truthful President since George Washington. Only LOSERS make up lies about him. SAD!!!"

Ooh that tickled me

Bristol

It might be interesting for you to listen to the rest is politics USA to get an idea of what is really going on in the states and to broaden your understanding of what trump and his fellow travellers are trying to do to change the constitution

Really?

People might not like Trump, but that isn't a green light for fabrication of the truth."

Newcastle and Gateshead

Really?

Ahem……. And I quote “find me 11,780 votes, which is one more, because I won the state! “

Because that doesn’t sound like someone who is democratic (small d) to me….

If he was so democratic (small d) why would he need a fake electors scheme running in 7 different states?

Terra Firma

Really?

Ahem……. And I quote “find me 11,780 votes, which is one more, because I won the state! “

If he was so democratic (small d) why would he need a fake electors scheme running in 7 different states? "

Desperate, not a dictator.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Four interesting front running candidates for VP according to “sources”

Gov. Andy Bashir of Kentucky

Gov. Roy Moore of North Carolina

Senator Mark Kelly of Arizona

Gov. Josh Shapiro of Pennsylvania

I still believe Gretchen whitmer should be on that list.. but that’s me!

Of those 4 I like Kelly and Shapiro

Shapiro is a young rising star and super popular in his state! When his campaign motto was “fix the darn roads” and he actually starts doing it! It bodes well

Mark Kelly was a former astronaut (his twin brother is still an astronaut) he is married to Gaby Gifford (who I believe would have been the first woman president) you may hear her name a lot in regards to trump … because she was shot at point blank range by someone whilst campaigning at a political event! She barely survived and had to basically learn everything again from scratch

Newcastle and Gateshead

Really?

If he was so democratic (small d) why would he need a fake electors scheme running in 7 different states?

"

Desperately trying to circumvent the democratic process?

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 22/07/24 12:04:22]

Terra Firma

Really?

Desperately trying to circumvent the democratic process?"

Having thought about this a little more...

I think he has an authoritarian way about him which makes the left see him as dictator compared their liberal outlooks.

However the US democratic framework ultimately controls democracy through legal and constitutional rules. Trump’s actions have been subject legal and constitutional rules, and many of his decisions have been challenged and blocked by courts.

The Democrats and media were subject to a lot of his attacks, but despite his attacks, media and political opposition continued freely, in fact I think it thrived, which would be restricted in a dictatorship.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Really?

I think he has an authoritarian way about him which makes the left see him as dictator compared their liberal outlooks.

However the US democratic framework ultimately controls democracy through legal and constitutional rules. Trump’s actions have been subject legal and constitutional rules, and many of his decisions have been challenged and blocked by courts.

The Democrats and media were subject to a lot of his attacks, but despite his attacks, media and political opposition continued freely, in fact I think it thrived, which would be restricted in a dictatorship."

Because all he ever won in the 60+ court battles… all he ever won was “50ft!” In a case where someone was allowed to be close to a count! And he still doesn’t accept anything

He is the most innocent man of everything on the face of the earth! Honest guv!!

Anyway… Whenever you hear the word authoritarian when it comes to a leader… they use it with Orban, or Putin, or Xi, or Modhi for example…

That not “the mythical left” fault….

Ruislip

"

Trump is not a dictator but he wants to be one. There are many people laying the groundwork to enable that. The Heritage Foundation is set on taking power and destroying democracy through their Project 2025. If Trump wins that is what they will push to achieve. America is a democracy currently but that doesn't mean it can't change.

By *ikeSM23Man 7 weeks ago

Manchester

Trump is now the old man, 78 years old! Only occasionally coherent, with a record as president that is viewed by historians as the worst in history.. Fuck knows what those with half a brain are going to view America and it's dysfunctional right wing if they ever get near power again!!!

Terra Firma

Really?

The Democrats and media were subject to a lot of his attacks, but despite his attacks, media and political opposition continued freely, in fact I think it thrived, which would be restricted in a dictatorship.

Because all he ever won in the 60+ court battles… all he ever won was “50ft!” In a case where someone was allowed to be close to a count! And he still doesn’t accept anything

He is the most innocent man of everything on the face of the earth! Honest guv!!

Anyway… Whenever you hear the word authoritarian when it comes to a leader… they use it with Orban, or Putin, or Xi, or Modhi for example…

That not “the mythical left” fault…."

If you believe that Trump is a political dictator in the same way as the likes of Kim Jong Un, it might be time to think where you are on the sliding scale of left, it wont be anywhere near the centre in my opinion.

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 22/07/24 17:38:27]

Terra Firma

Trump is not a dictator but he wants to be one. There are many people laying the groundwork to enable that. The Heritage Foundation is set on taking power and destroying democracy through their Project 2025. If Trump wins that is what they will push to achieve. America is a democracy currently but that doesn't mean it can't change. "

The Heritage foundation are nothing to do with Trump, they push their own wish list and hope something gets picked up, as far as I know.

this is what Trump had to say about project 2025:

"I know nothing about Project 2025, I have no idea who is behind it. I disagree with some of the things they're saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal".

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

"I know nothing about Project 2025, I have no idea who is behind it. I disagree with some of the things they're saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal"."

One slight… ever so tiny… you could call it minuscule… problem with that statement

80 people from his last administration actually helped write the project 2025 agenda…..

It’s a bit like his saying he had no idea of the views of nick fuentes, for example, even though he has dinner with him

Or pretending not to know who David duke was , when duke endorsed him first time around……

And it’s not like trump has any history with the heritage foundation bearing in mind it was they who drew up his shortlist for SCOTUS judges nominations…..

I hate to shout “previous” here…. But… hmmmm

Terra Firma

"

"I know nothing about Project 2025, I have no idea who is behind it. I disagree with some of the things they're saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal".

One slight… ever so tiny… you could call it minuscule… problem with that statement

80 people from his last administration actually helped write the project 2025 agenda…..

It’s a bit like his saying he had no idea of the views of nick fuentes, for example, even though he has dinner with him

Or pretending not to know who David duke was , when duke endorsed him first time around……

And it’s not like trump has any history with the heritage foundation bearing in mind it was they who drew up his shortlist for SCOTUS judges nominations…..

I hate to shout “previous” here…. But… hmmmm"

Come on, you can’t have it both ways. He is a dictator, but is looking for influence from the former Trump administration and Heritage foundation to get things over the line

You guys have got to start calling out the reality, not the imagined, I can get behind you then.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 7 weeks ago

Cumbria

"

Come on, you can’t have it both ways. He is a dictator, but is looking for influence from the former Trump administration and Heritage foundation to get things over the line

You guys have got to start calling out the reality, not the imagined, I can get behind you then. "

I don’t think anyone is saying Trump is a dictator, only that he may well want to be one. He does admire the likes of Orban, Putin, Xi etc. after all.

By *eroy1000Man 7 weeks ago

milton keynes

Trump is not a dictator but he wants to be one. There are many people laying the groundwork to enable that. The Heritage Foundation is set on taking power and destroying democracy through their Project 2025. If Trump wins that is what they will push to achieve. America is a democracy currently but that doesn't mean it can't change. "

Trump has many many bad traits and maybe he does aspire to be a dictator but as you correctly say, he is not a dictator at present. If he was he would be in office now and would not have needed to try to get vote numbers changed as dictators don't need votes.

BRIDGEND

Bringing this post back to it's initial intentions, though slightly off path

Republicans are calling for Biden to step down

Do we think he should. Do we think he does

If he does will Harris taking over until the election be a good thing for her?

Terra Firma

"Bringing this post back to it's initial intentions, though slightly off path

Republicans are calling for Biden to step down

Do we think he should. Do we think he does

If he does will Harris taking over until the election be a good thing for her?

"

It depends on her aspirations and ego post the election, if she loses the election and she has been POTUS it might not look good on the record books.

This is not about her though, it is what is best for the democrats to stay in power, and no matter how this plays out in my mind that is not going to happen.

Terra Firma

"

You guys have got to start calling out the reality, not the imagined, I can get behind you then.

I don’t think anyone is saying Trump is a dictator, only that he may well want to be one. He does admire the likes of Orban, Putin, Xi etc. after all."

I’m afraid they were … but let’s leave there now

By *ostindreamsMan 7 weeks ago

London

I think the democrats know that the election is lost. Kamala wouldn't like to be president in the mean time. If she is the democrats candidate, she would want to lose it with enough excuses so that she will be given a chance again for the next election. She would like to claim "I lost because I didn't have enough time to convince people. Give me a chance the next election and I will do it for you "

Bristol

"I think the democrats know that the election is lost. Kamala wouldn't like to be president in the mean time. If she is the democrats candidate, she would want to lose it with enough excuses so that she will be given a chance again for the next election. She would like to claim "I lost because I didn't have enough time to convince people. Give me a chance the next election and I will do it for you ""

I think the situation is more that she has to run this time and may not be prepared through lack of time and if she doesn’t win then she is unlikely to get a second chance at it as the democrats will look elsewhere. She does actually stand a good chance of winning against Trump though especially if he tries to debate with her where he will look old and foolish not to mention misogynistic and vicious

Cumbria

"I think the democrats know that the election is lost. Kamala wouldn't like to be president in the mean time. If she is the democrats candidate, she would want to lose it with enough excuses so that she will be given a chance again for the next election. She would like to claim "I lost because I didn't have enough time to convince people. Give me a chance the next election and I will do it for you "

I think the situation is more that she has to run this time and may not be prepared through lack of time and if she doesn’t win then she is unlikely to get a second chance at it as the democrats will look elsewhere. She does actually stand a good chance of winning against Trump though especially if he tries to debate with her where he will look old and foolish not to mention misogynistic and vicious "

I doubt very much Trump will debate her, unless it’s something he absolutely cannot get out of. His handlers aren’t stupid.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I think the democrats know that the election is lost. Kamala wouldn't like to be president in the mean time. If she is the democrats candidate, she would want to lose it with enough excuses so that she will be given a chance again for the next election. She would like to claim "I lost because I didn't have enough time to convince people. Give me a chance the next election and I will do it for you "

I think the situation is more that she has to run this time and may not be prepared through lack of time and if she doesn’t win then she is unlikely to get a second chance at it as the democrats will look elsewhere. She does actually stand a good chance of winning against Trump though especially if he tries to debate with her where he will look old and foolish not to mention misogynistic and vicious

I doubt very much Trump will debate her, unless it’s something he absolutely cannot get out of. His handlers aren’t stupid."

There is zero chance trump will debate Harris… contrast would be too stark

By *atEvolutionCouple 7 weeks ago

Guests in our Own club this weekend EXCITED !!!

"

There is zero chance trump will debate Harris… contrast would be too stark "

Wouldn't that be the 'Thriller in Manila, though?'

I'd pay to watch that.

golden fields

I doubt very much Trump will debate her, unless it’s something he absolutely cannot get out of. His handlers aren’t stupid."

Kamala is a functioning human who can speak and articulate a thought or a point. It would be the most one sided debate ever seen.

Terra Firma

I doubt very much Trump will debate her, unless it’s something he absolutely cannot get out of. His handlers aren’t stupid.

Kamala is a functioning human who can speak and articulate a thought or a point. It would be the most one sided debate ever seen. "

she has come out with some strange sayings, repeating them so often as though she is trying to set a trend.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I'd pay to watch that. "

Oh we would all pay to see it… heck I would even get out the popcorn! But there is zero chance of it happening unless trump gets desperate…

Why would they want that contrast on a stage for 2 hrs where the prosecuting lawyer in her would surgically question him

By *atEvolutionCouple 7 weeks ago

Guests in our Own club this weekend EXCITED !!!

Toffee Popcorn

Ruislip

Trump is not a dictator but he wants to be one. There are many people laying the groundwork to enable that. The Heritage Foundation is set on taking power and destroying democracy through their Project 2025. If Trump wins that is what they will push to achieve. America is a democracy currently but that doesn't mean it can't change.

The Heritage foundation are nothing to do with Trump, they push their own wish list and hope something gets picked up, as far as I know.

"I know nothing about Project 2025, I have no idea who is behind it. I disagree with some of the things they're saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal"."

Except that he is a total liar and his first administration was full of members of the Heritage Foundation including at least 40 authors of Project 2025. The chair of the Heritage Foundation says Trump knows full well about it and is only denying it for political reasons.

Trump thinks he should be able to stay in power despite not winning an election. That's why he lies about the 2020 results consistently. That's why he tried to get Pence to overturn the results in Congress. That's why he incited an insurrection.

He wanted the army to shoot BLM protesters in DC.

He got Supreme Court (with three judges he himself appointed) to grant him immunity from any prosecution for anything, no matter how criminal, if he can pass it off as an "official act".

These are the actions of somebody who wants to be a dictator. Note I say "wants to be". For some reason you seem to think I am saying he IS a dictator. Stop saying that. Nobody is saying he IS a dictator. We are saying he WANTS TO BE a dictator. Do you understand the difference?

Project 2025 is a perfect method to instill power in Donald Trump. It includes sacking non-partisan civil servants in their tens of thousands and replacing them with people loyal to the president. This includes people who report election results. What do you think will happen if a man who cannot accept loss has an electoral system answerable to him?

Steve Bannon, who was key to Trump's political success and in his first administration, openly stated CPAC that he is "here to end democracy".

If you can't see this is all pointing towards Trump becoming a dictator then you are utterly blind. He has even said himself that he wants to be a dictator for a day. Those are his own words. How many dictators can you name who willingly give up dictatorial power after one day?

I could go on but if you are wilfully ignorant then no amount of evidence will convince you.

By *mateur100Man 7 weeks ago

nr faversham

Except that he is a total liar and his first administration was full of members of the Heritage Foundation including at least 40 authors of Project 2025. The chair of the Heritage Foundation says Trump knows full well about it and is only denying it for political reasons.

Trump thinks he should be able to stay in power despite not winning an election. That's why he lies about the 2020 results consistently. That's why he tried to get Pence to overturn the results in Congress. That's why he incited an insurrection.

He got Supreme Court (with three judges he himself appointed) to grant him immunity from any prosecution for anything, no matter how criminal, if he can pass it off as an "official act".

These are the actions of somebody who wants to be a dictator. Note I say "wants to be". For some reason you seem to think I am saying he IS a dictator. Stop saying that. Nobody is saying he IS a dictator. We are saying he WANTS TO BE a dictator. Do you understand the difference?

Project 2025 is a perfect method to instill power in Donald Trump. It includes sacking non-partisan civil servants in their tens of thousands and replacing them with people loyal to the president. This includes people who report election results. What do you think will happen if a man who cannot accept loss has an electoral system answerable to him?

Steve Bannon, who was key to Trump's political success and in his first administration, openly stated CPAC that he is "here to end democracy".

If you can't see this is all pointing towards Trump becoming a dictator then you are utterly blind. He has even said himself that he wants to be a dictator for a day. Those are his own words. How many dictators can you name who willingly give up dictatorial power after one day?

I could go on but if you are wilfully ignorant then no amount of evidence will convince you. "

And since I doubt you have a vote in the US elections what difference does it make

BRIDGEND

"

I'd pay to watch that.

Oh we would all pay to see it… heck I would even get out the popcorn! But there is zero chance of it happening unless trump gets desperate…

Why would they want that contrast on a stage for 2 hrs where the prosecuting lawyer in her would surgically question him"

She didn't do particularly well in the 2020 primaries so I wouldn't give her too much credit

She's been particularly invisible as VP and her appointment as border control czar wasn't a success

Is she a better option than weekend at Bernie's? Yes

Is she a good option? We'll see but don't hold your breath

Terra Firma

I could go on but if you are wilfully ignorant then no amount of evidence will convince you. "

you could go on?

Ruislip

I could go on but if you are wilfully ignorant then no amount of evidence will convince you.

you could go on?"

That's what I said. Is that the sum total of what you picked up from that? Did you miss the case I was making?

Ruislip

And since I doubt you have a vote in the US elections what difference does it make "

One of us does have a vote in the election. Besides, do you not think that being sandwiched between a dictator to the west in America and a dictator to the east in Russia will be of no consequence to Europe?

Terra Firma

you could go on?

That's what I said. Is that the sum total of what you picked up from that? Did you miss the case I was making? "

No I didn't, but you said you could go on, please do.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 7 weeks ago

Gilfach

"Except that he is a total liar and his first administration was full of members of the Heritage Foundation including at least 40 authors of Project 2025. The chair of the Heritage Foundation says Trump knows full well about it and is only denying it for political reasons.

I could go on but if you are wilfully ignorant then no amount of evidence will convince you."

"you could go on?"

"That's what I said. Is that the sum total of what you picked up from that? Did you miss the case I was making?"

"No I didn't, but you said you could go on, please do."

I'd also like to hear more.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Well project 2025 is a huge 900 page document… and is easily accessible and available out there… goes from everything from banning “no fault” divorce (which was put in place for women in DV situations to get out) to banning not only abortion but contraception pills, to abolishing the ACA, to getting rid of the dept of education, making all DOJ appointments political, gutting what is left of the civil rights act, and loads….. loads more

Heck ..even banning porn via the telecommunications act is on there

Cumbria

"Heck ..even banning porn via the telecommunications act is on there"

I’m a big fan of people who have extramarital and ‘’deviant’ sex supporting the sort of politicians who would ban the living shit out of that sort of thing if they could.

London

BLM apparently denounced Democrats for choosing Kamala Harris without following the due process

Terra Firma

"Well project 2025 is a huge 900 page document… and is easily accessible and available out there… goes from everything from banning “no fault” divorce (which was put in place for women in DV situations to get out) to banning not only abortion but contraception pills, to abolishing the ACA, to getting rid of the dept of education, making all DOJ appointments political, gutting what is left of the civil rights act, and loads….. loads more

Heck ..even banning porn via the telecommunications act is on there"

The above could be why Trump said, “ I disagree with some of the things they're saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal”.

I think both of you are agreeing on this

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 7 weeks ago

Gilfach

"Well project 2025 is a huge 900 page document… "

Assuming you were replying to my post, I meant that I'd like to hear more about Trump wanting to be a dictator. I was asking the poster to give us further details about that in particular.

London

If you compare what Trump did as a president and what Kamala Harris did as Attorney General in California, Harris comes across as lot more authoritarian. I wonder how the democrats will come to terms with this

» Add a new message to this topic