FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Do we really believe the Houthis sent a drone to Israel and killed someone...

Do we really believe the Houthis sent a drone to Israel and killed someone...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    7 weeks ago

Iron dome worked well against 300 Iranian missiles and countless Palestinian ones, but then remarkably failed against a Houthi drone causing a "justified" airstrike?

I think this was about shipping lines...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Iron dome worked well against 300 Iranian missiles and countless Palestinian ones, but then remarkably failed against a Houthi drone causing a "justified" airstrike?

I think this was about shipping lines... "

Are you suggesting Israel is telling porkies op, surely not.

By *ortyairCouple 7 weeks ago

Wallasey

Well the Houthis have taken responsibility for this, whilst Israel has said there was a failure to intercept which was caused by human error.

Israel have intercepted hundreds of drones fired into Israel from Uemen previously.

So yeah I think this is probably the truth.

Mrs x

By *atEvolutionCouple 7 weeks ago

Guests in our Own club this weekend EXCITED !!!

"Well the Houthis have taken responsibility for this, whilst Israel has said there was a failure to intercept which was caused by human error.

Israel have intercepted hundreds of drones fired into Israel from Uemen previously.

Mrs x"

Most likely, this.

Wallasey

"Well the Houthis have taken responsibility for this, whilst Israel has said there was a failure to intercept which was caused by human error.

Mrs x

Most likely, this."

Israel saying they are investigating into why the human error occurred.

Mrs x

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 7 weeks ago

Border of London

[Removed by poster at 21/07/24 09:12:34]

Border of London

[Removed by poster at 21/07/24 09:13:37]

Border of London

"Do we really believe the Houthis sent a drone to Israel and killed someone..."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slogan_of_the_Houthi_movement

The slogan of the Houthi movement (officially called "Ansar Allah"), a Shia Islamist political and military organization in Yemen, reads: "God Is the Greatest, Death to America, Death to Israel, A Curse Upon the Jews, Victory to Islam".

They put it on their flag. And just to ensure that there is no ambiguity, they specify both anti-Israel AND anti-Jewish sentiment (you know, so people don't argue as to whether they're anti-Zionist or anti-Semitic). Moreover, the Houthis expelled the very last Jews in Yemen a couple of years ago - Jews who did not want to go to Israel:

https://english.aawsat.com/home/article/2886166/houthis-expel-last-yemeni-jews

So there is no doubt as to their motive. They hate both Israel and Jews.

Being that they've attempted hundreds of attacks against Israel, yes, it is certainly feasible that one got through, just as attacks from Gaza, Iran and Lebanon have got through and killed people. The intent is definitely there, the statistics are reasonable given the volume and the fact that it was a relatively low-tech attack that was missed isn't surprising.

Why a relative shithole of country (said due to what the warring factions have turned the country into - famine, war, disease) should be trying so desperately to go so far out of its way to get included in a war against a much stronger enemy, is a testament to the lunacy of the Houthi leadership. If they continue, they will pile on further death and destruction to an already starving and broken population (which has nothing to do with Israel). It's evidence of a completely unhinged religious and political position.

Israel's problem is that almost no threat will work against them - they are already fighting, starving and dying. Israel can barely do anything to make their lives worse than they have made it themselves. It's like threatening someone with a £50 fine when they're already bankrupt and in debt to a loan shark. Israel knows this and is unlikely to want a war with them.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 7 weeks ago

nearby

500,000 died in Iraq in the search for non existent weapons of mass destruction

nearby

Mrs x

Most likely, this.Israel saying they are investigating into why the human error occurred.

Mrs x"

Hard to call it

They were asleep at the wheel on 7 October.

Wallasey

"500,000 died in Iraq in the search for non existent weapons of mass destruction "
What are you trying to point out with that statement? Mrs x

nearby

"500,000 died in Iraq in the search for non existent weapons of mass destruction What are you trying to point out with that statement? Mrs x"

That I would doubt claims made as to motive

Uk sold weapons to Saudi used for war crimes in Yemen. No comment from government on that

Border of London

"500,000 died in Iraq in the search for non existent weapons of mass destruction What are you trying to point out with that statement? Mrs x

Uk sold weapons to Saudi used for war crimes in Yemen. No comment from government on that "

You're bringing in tangential (at best) points to obfuscate the issue at hand, but your actual point here isn't clear.

By *lfasoCouple 7 weeks ago

South East

"500,000 died in Iraq in the search for non existent weapons of mass destruction "

All at the command of a Labour government. Sad times.

Wallasey

"500,000 died in Iraq in the search for non existent weapons of mass destruction What are you trying to point out with that statement? Mrs x

Uk sold weapons to Saudi used for war crimes in Yemen. No comment from government on that "

whose motivation for what exactly?

Both sides have corroborated each other, Israel saying a missile from the Houthis got through, killing 2 and injuring ten and the Houthis confirming that it was them. Clear cut it would seem.

As for UK weapons being sold to Saudi. Are all weapons sales sold contigent upon who they can be used upon?

Mrs x

Wallasey

"500,000 died in Iraq in the search for non existent weapons of mass destruction

All at the command of a Labour government. Sad times."

Well done, good dig at the Labour Party.

Conveniently forgetting that for the last 14 years Tories have been in power when all IK weapons have been sold.

Also you seem to neglect wars involving the Tories. This includes the Bowr War which saw the introduction of Concentration Camps for the first time ever. Now they were sad times.

But we'll done for making a cheap shot, political party broadcast, for the Tories, it's Al out like you are saying they have superior morals, think I'm going to have to change my knickers now, laughed so hard a little pee came out.

Mrs x

nearby

"

As for UK weapons being sold to Saudi. Are all weapons sales sold contigent upon who they can be used upon?

Mrs x"

70,000 tonnes of USA bombs dropped on Palestine to make 2 million homeless

Weapon sales are must definitely contingent on where they can be used. USA supplied arms atm cannot be used to target behind Russian lines. And Germany was pressured into allowing their tanks (donated by third party country) to be used in Ukraine.

nearby

"500,000 died in Iraq in the search for non existent weapons of mass destruction

All at the command of a Labour government. Sad times."

The then Blair government are on par with Benny the child slayer and Putin.

By *lfasoCouple 7 weeks ago

South East

All at the command of a Labour government. Sad times.Well done, good dig at the Labour Party.

Conveniently forgetting that for the last 14 years Tories have been in power when all IK weapons have been sold.

Also you seem to neglect wars involving the Tories. This includes the Bowr War which saw the introduction of Concentration Camps for the first time ever. Now they were sad times.

But we'll done for making a cheap shot, political party broadcast, for the Tories, it's Al out like you are saying they have superior morals, think I'm going to have to change my knickers now, laughed so hard a little pee came out.

Mrs x

"

Don’t be silly. The post mentioned Iraq and wmd. I addressed that and nothing more.

Wallasey

"

Mrs x

70,000 tonnes of USA bombs dropped on Palestine to make 2 million homeless

Weapon sales are must definitely contingent on where they can be used. USA supplied arms atm cannot be used to target behind Russian lines. And Germany was pressured into allowing their tanks (donated by third party country) to be used in Ukraine. "

You do know Ukraine fired US missiles into Russia only last month at Kharkiv, oh no it looks like you didn't.

Mrs x

Wallasey

All at the command of a Labour government. Sad times.Well done, good dig at the Labour Party.

Mrs x

Don’t be silly. The post mentioned Iraq and wmd. I addressed that and nothing more. "

You could have said 'our' government but you referenced a Labour government. Seems like you have an agenda but if I'm wrong I'm sorry.

Mrs x

Border of London

The Houthis have now declared that they will not follow any rules of engagement and that there will be "no red lines", in their continued war with Israel.

https://x.com/AJEnglish/status/1815065450075889908

(Source quoted by Guardian, Sky, etc.)

But, of course, there is little interest in the morality or actions of this group (who have already wrecked their own country).

Why? Do we just write them off as uneducated and uncivilised barbarians? Is that, in itself, a form of racism?

Should Israel be retaliating against this sorry lot, or against Iran, their backers and the real power in Houthi-controlled Yemen?

By *ggdrasil66Man 7 weeks ago

Saltdean

"The Houthis have now declared that they will not follow any rules of engagement and that there will be "no red lines", in their continued war with Israel.

But, of course, there is little interest in the morality or actions of this group (who have already wrecked their own country).

Why? Do we just write them off as uneducated and uncivilised barbarians? Is that, in itself, a form of racism?

Should Israel be retaliating Cv against this sorry lot, or against Iran, their backers and the real power in Houthi-controlled Yemen?

"

I think Israel are more likely to attack the West Bank and the Lebanon, by of the actions of Hesbollah. The Yemen is obviously allied to Iran, as they are both Shia Muslims, a minority part of Islam. Yemen is under constant attack by Saudi Arabia, who are part of the Suni Muslims, the massively majority of Islam.

The Middle East is a mess, a real live powder keg.

By *irldnCouple 7 weeks ago

Brighton

"The Houthis have now declared that they will not follow any rules of engagement and that there will be "no red lines", in their continued war with Israel.

Should Israel be retaliating Cv against this sorry lot, or against Iran, their backers and the real power in Houthi-controlled Yemen?

I think Israel are more likely to attack the West Bank and the Lebanon, by of the actions of Hesbollah. The Yemen is obviously allied to Iran, as they are both Shia Muslims, a minority part of Islam. Yemen is under constant attack by Saudi Arabia, who are part of the Suni Muslims, the massively majority of Islam.

The Middle East is a mess, a real live powder keg. "

Let’s hope Nostradamus wasn’t completely right!

Saltdean

Let’s hope Nostradamus wasn’t completely right!"

He took so many magic mushrooms and had so many hallucinations. God knows how he write them down while in such a state. But he got more things right than wrong. He did seem to have a point about the world ending in the Middle East. But he was a devout Christian who probably believed the world started there.

Saltdean

He took so many magic mushrooms and had so many hallucinations. God knows how he write them down while in such a state. But he got more things right than wrong. He did seem to have a point about the world ending in the Middle East. But he was a devout Christian who probably believed the world started there."

Sorry more things wrong than right.

By *irldnCouple 7 weeks ago

Brighton

He took so many magic mushrooms and had so many hallucinations. God knows how he write them down while in such a state. But he got more things right than wrong. He did seem to have a point about the world ending in the Middle East. But he was a devout Christian who probably believed the world started there.

Sorry more things wrong than right."

By *an DeLyonMan 7 weeks ago

County Durham

Mrs x"

The houthis have not taken responsibility.

Check your facts!.. again!

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2024-07-27/rocket-attack-on-town-in-israeli-controlled-golan-heights-kills-at-least-10-netanyahu-hurries-home

Did the houthis do it? Probably.. because Israel fabricates its "facts"

Border of London

Mrs x

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2024-07-27/rocket-attack-on-town-in-israeli-controlled-golan-heights-kills-at-least-10-netanyahu-hurries-home

"

Nobody is blaming the Houthis...?

Wallasey

Mrs x

"

Hello Dan, hope your well.

I have checked my facts and the attack referenced by the OP was for one last week, it was fired into Israel by the Houthis, a terrorist group from Yemen. They did claim responsibility for it.

The missile attack you are referencing was this week, fired from Lebanon and Israel are blaming Hezbollah, a terrorist group from the Lebanon. It's Hezbollah that are denying this missile strike.

So it was two separate missile strikes. One by Houthis, which is what the OP mentioning and they have taken responsibility for it. The other was only the other day, this one is being blamed on Hezbollah but they are denying it.

Hope this clears up this very confusing situation for you but not sure this helps with your narrative of Israel lying. You've just mixed up your missile attacks this time.

Any sympathy for innocent lives lost, regardless of who fired the missiles?

Mrs x

Wallasey

Mrs x

Nobody is blaming the Houthis...?"

He is obviously confused a bit, Mrs x

County Durham

Mrs x

Hello Dan, hope your well.

I have checked my facts and the attack referenced by the OP was for one last week, it was fired into Israel by the Houthis, a terrorist group from Yemen. They did claim responsibility for it.

The missile attack you are referencing was this week, fired from Lebanon and Israel are blaming Hezbollah, a terrorist group from the Lebanon. It's Hezbollah that are denying this missile strike.

So it was two separate missile strikes. One by Houthis, which is what the OP mentioning and they have taken responsibility for it. The other was only the other day, this one is being blamed on Hezbollah but they are denying it.

Hope this clears up this very confusing situation for you but not sure this helps with your narrative of Israel lying. You've just mixed up your missile attacks this time.

Any sympathy for innocent lives lost, regardless of who fired the missiles?

Mrs x"

Yes , all sides and nationalities

County Durham

Mrs x

Nobody is blaming the Houthis...?He is obviously confused a bit, Mrs x"

Personal attacks.. not like you is it.

By *ortyairCouple 6 weeks ago

Wallasey

Mrs x

Nobody is blaming the Houthis...?He is obviously confused a bit, Mrs x

Personal attacks.. not like you is it. "

It's not an attack I'm saying you are confused, they are two totally separate missile attacks. One Houthi have took responsibility for, the other Hezbollah are denying.

How am I attacking you, just pointing out you have confused two separate attacks.

Mrs x

By *an DeLyonMan 6 weeks ago

County Durham

Mrs x

Personal attacks.. not like you is it. It's not an attack I'm saying you are confused, they are two totally separate missile attacks. One Houthi have took responsibility for, the other Hezbollah are denying.

How am I attacking you, just pointing out you have confused two separate attacks.

Mrs x"

Anyone else I'd believe..

Some [ahem] people have called me everything from an IRA supporter to hamas supporter.. guess who that was too

By *ortyairCouple 6 weeks ago

Wallasey

Mrs x

Personal attacks.. not like you is it. It's not an attack I'm saying you are confused, they are two totally separate missile attacks. One Houthi have took responsibility for, the other Hezbollah are denying.

Mrs x

Anyone else I'd believe..

Some [ahem] people have called me everything from an IRA supporter to hamas supporter.. guess who that was too "

You've been asked if you condemn terrorism but refuse to do so. You seem to be a terrorist apologist, you must have kept thst quiet from your buddies in the forces, don't think that would have gone down well with them.

Mrs x

» Add a new message to this topic