FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Leeds riots

Leeds riots

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usybee73 OP   Man 8 weeks ago

in the sticks

Police car overturned, bus burnt out, rioting all through the night ...

First test of labour being tough on crime?

Though reports of a labour councillor joining in according to twatter.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atEvolutionCouple 8 weeks ago

Guests in our Own club this weekend EXCITED !!!

Nope. Test of the Police being tough on Crime, though.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 8 weeks ago

Cumbria

"Nope. Test of the Police being tough on Crime, though. "

Exactly this, it’s the police’s job to police, and the courts’ job to judge. I think perhaps the last 14 years has got people thinking that the Home Secretary has the right to interfere.

By *exy_HornyCouple 8 weeks ago

Leigh

Mob rule again.

Apparently riots started because social services were trying to remove kids from their home.

The mob objected and the emergency services ran away.

By (user no longer on site) 8 weeks ago

"Mob rule again.

Apparently riots started because social services were trying to remove kids from their home.

The mob objected and the emergency services ran away."

I read a kid was dropped out a window!

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 8 weeks ago

nearby

[Removed by poster at 19/07/24 11:42:03]

in the sticks

According to twatter it's Councillor Mothin Ali who attended the riots, though a little Google of him shows a colourful history.

"According to twatter it's Councillor Mothin Ali who attended the riots, though a little Google of him shows a colourful history."
see other thread. He was there trying to help the community not the rioters (according to DM and if they are supporting him, that gives credence to me as is not normally have them as bed fellows!)

in the sticks

did see the article then read the comments section, totally different to the what happened in the article as various videos going around on social media, so ive been told.

"did see the article then read the comments section, totally different to the what happened in the article as various videos going around on social media, so ive been told."
I've flicked thru the comments. I've not seen anything that contradicts the article. People suggesting heroic was too much. Or that he stepped in too late. Or dog whistling about the influence he had or that this was a PR stunt.

I don't stay close enough to Xitter vids to know what else you are looking at. I think X links are allowed so anything to support a view he was pro rioting could be posted here I think.

in the sticks

"did see the article then read the comments section, totally different to the what happened in the article as various videos going around on social media, so ive been told.I've flicked thru the comments. I've not seen anything that contradicts the article. People suggesting heroic was too much. Or that he stepped in too late. Or dog whistling about the influence he had or that this was a PR stunt.

I don't stay close enough to Xitter vids to know what else you are looking at. I think X links are allowed so anything to support a view he was pro rioting could be posted here I think. "

I didn't know twatter links were allowed, the site does have a weird view of what can be copied... if you loom at the comments and click best comment, they say a bit more

in the sticks

Actually having a look through twatter, he was there at the riots, many accounts saying he was warning people as none of the police/fire brigade could speak urdu...

"did see the article then read the comments section, totally different to the what happened in the article as various videos going around on social media, so ive been told.I've flicked thru the comments. I've not seen anything that contradicts the article. People suggesting heroic was too much. Or that he stepped in too late. Or dog whistling about the influence he had or that this was a PR stunt.

I don't stay close enough to Xitter vids to know what else you are looking at. I think X links are allowed so anything to support a view he was pro rioting could be posted here I think.

I didn't know twatter links were allowed, the site does have a weird view of what can be copied... if you loom at the comments and click best comment, they say a bit more "

staged, had influence, etc. I think I covered the jist. Lots of guessing. Little facts.

"Actually having a look through twatter, he was there at the riots, many accounts saying he was warning people as none of the police/fire brigade could speak urdu... "
yet the DM video shows him speaking English.

I'd not be surprised if he did speak Urdu to some. But I'm not sure he was there just because noone could speak English. He taking action as well as just speaking.

It's shocking scenes. But there seems to be any attempt, any attempt, to paint him out as being on the wrong side or there for the wrong reasons. Yet not much to show that. Just vids of him confronting the rioters.

By *atfuckerbristolMan 8 weeks ago

Wells

My favourite vid is the chap trying for minutes to set the bus upholstery alight, while standing next to the oil cap which would have been a quicker route to a fire.

Not the sharpest tools, maybe?

By *idnight RamblerMan 8 weeks ago

Pershore

"Actually having a look through twatter, he was there at the riots, many accounts saying he was warning people as none of the police/fire brigade could speak urdu... "

Wasn't it the Roma community with the grievance? How we ever came to have 5,000 Roma living in a Leeds community is anybody's guess. They claim they are being 'persecuted' by the Police. I think we can safely translate that into saying they are lawless, and consider themselves outside the laws of their host country.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 8 weeks ago

Cumbria

"Actually having a look through twatter, he was there at the riots, many accounts saying he was warning people as none of the police/fire brigade could speak urdu...

Wasn't it the Roma community with the grievance? How we ever came to have 5,000 Roma living in a Leeds community is anybody's guess. They claim they are being 'persecuted' by the Police. I think we can safely translate that into saying they are lawless, and consider themselves outside the laws of their host country. "

Same as any community grows, how did we ever come to have thousands of Jews living in north London, for example? Or over 700,000 Italians living in the UK?

By *otMe66Man 8 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"Actually having a look through twatter, he was there at the riots, many accounts saying he was warning people as none of the police/fire brigade could speak urdu...

Wasn't it the Roma community with the grievance? How we ever came to have 5,000 Roma living in a Leeds community is anybody's guess. They claim they are being 'persecuted' by the Police. I think we can safely translate that into saying they are lawless, and consider themselves outside the laws of their host country. "

I can't imagine a council would have resource too house 5000 people of a certain ethnicity in the same place, how did it become a community of this size?

By *lfasoCouple 8 weeks ago

South East

Wasn't it the Roma community with the grievance? How we ever came to have 5,000 Roma living in a Leeds community is anybody's guess. They claim they are being 'persecuted' by the Police. I think we can safely translate that into saying they are lawless, and consider themselves outside the laws of their host country.

I can't imagine a council would have resource too house 5000 people of a certain ethnicity in the same place, how did it become a community of this size?"

Particularly a community who traditionally live a nomadic and itinerant lifestyle.??

By *idnight RamblerMan 8 weeks ago

Pershore

I can't imagine a council would have resource too house 5000 people of a certain ethnicity in the same place, how did it become a community of this size?"

Well the UK population of Roma is circa 200,000 so no big surprise. How has this happened? EU no-borders? ECHR? Sitting on hands looking the way? Weak politicians? Take your pick

By *azzler2Man 8 weeks ago

halifax

As time goes on it will only get worse rule of the mobs as we are letting too many immigrants in we should be more like Australia only people who have sponsors or a job ready gets in this country is a soft a joke

By *emma StonesTV/TS 8 weeks ago

Crewe

It must be the illegal immigrants because we never had riots in the 60s 70s 80s or 90s.

By *oo hotCouple 8 weeks ago

North West

"According to twatter it's Councillor Mothin Ali who attended the riots, though a little Google of him shows a colourful history."

He was a one man Police Force and fire preventer. The videos show him calming multiple situations, man handling people who were throwing rocks and stopping people from starting fires.

The truth is out there.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 8 weeks ago

golden fields

"As time goes on it will only get worse rule of the mobs as we are letting too many immigrants in we should be more like Australia only people who have sponsors or a job ready gets in this country is a soft a joke"

Bloody immigrants!

I think the Reform party would be a good fit for you.

By *oo hotCouple 8 weeks ago

North West

"As time goes on it will only get worse rule of the mobs as we are letting too many immigrants in we should be more like Australia only people who have sponsors or a job ready gets in this country is a soft a joke"

Dunno when you last went to Australia and the Pacific but if you haven’t been recently you might be surprised at the Chinese populations in that area. There is considerable concern in Australia about this because of the developing Russia -China relationship.

By *AJMLKTV/TS 8 weeks ago

Burley

This is one of the many billion reasons I live in the countryside. You would have to drag me kicking and screaming into any of Britain's shit-hole cities.

By *lainJane23Woman 7 weeks ago

Liverpool

What a good read this morning

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 7 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

The problem with police is the soft weaklings they hire these days. Those decisions come from higher up in the police and home office. Too much focus on degrees and not enough on being streetwise and resilient.

We feel sorry for the folk who weren't involved that lived nearby who watched the police run away like cowards while a mob was torching things.

If they're not being racists, they're finding excuses not to handle a crime, or outright submitting to violent mobs. Honestly, if things get worse they may as well disband the police and use the army to garrison our own streets.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 7 weeks ago

Cumbria

"The problem with police is the soft weaklings they hire these days. Those decisions come from higher up in the police and home office. Too much focus on degrees and not enough on being streetwise and resilient.

We feel sorry for the folk who weren't involved that lived nearby who watched the police run away like cowards while a mob was torching things.

If they're not being racists, they're finding excuses not to handle a crime, or outright submitting to violent mobs. Honestly, if things get worse they may as well disband the police and use the army to garrison our own streets."

Never the best idea having the army on the streets.

By *hawn ScottMan 7 weeks ago

london Brixton

"The problem with police is the soft weaklings they hire these days. Those decisions come from higher up in the police and home office. Too much focus on degrees and not enough on being streetwise and resilient.

If they're not being racists, they're finding excuses not to handle a crime, or outright submitting to violent mobs. Honestly, if things get worse they may as well disband the police and use the army to garrison our own streets.

Never the best idea having the army on the streets."

Yeah can't say growing up in Belfast and going through armed checkpoints was fun!

By *AJMLKTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Burley

I see the police are back out in force today on the streets of Leeds. There's a Pride Parade

By *emma StonesTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Crewe

If they're not being racists, they're finding excuses not to handle a crime, or outright submitting to violent mobs. Honestly, if things get worse they may as well disband the police and use the army to garrison our own streets."

They weren’t cowards they were vastly outnumbered.

By *astandFeistyCouple 7 weeks ago

Bournemouth

[Removed by poster at 22/07/24 19:55:47]

By *astandFeistyCouple 7 weeks ago

Bournemouth

They weren’t cowards they were vastly outnumbered."

You're right, they weren't cowards. They were much worse than that, pussies, the lot of them.

By *emma StonesTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Crewe

Clearly we won’t need to send in the troops for future riots we can just send in the keyboard warriors.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 7 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

"Never the best idea having the army on the streets."

You'll change your tune if it was your street a mob of arsonists was running a mock on.

Cumbria

"Never the best idea having the army on the streets.

You'll change your tune if it was your street a mob of arsonists was running a mock on."

The nearest garrison is Catterick, any riots would be long over before the army got here, and then what are they going to do, shoot people?

By *exyusMan 7 weeks ago

halifax

Blair opened the floodgates to eastern european migration. Tjose convicted and their families should be deported and barred from ever returning

By *erry bull1Man 7 weeks ago

doncaster

The police have been too soft for too long , plus that area is predominantly Asian and they believe in mob rule

Cumbria

"The police have been too soft for too long , plus that area is predominantly Asian and they believe in mob rule "

Have you considered being a bit less racist?

By (user no longer on site) 7 weeks ago

"The police have been too soft for too long , plus that area is predominantly Asian and they believe in mob rule "
was it the Asians who kicked off? Or is this just an aside?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 7 weeks ago

golden fields

Have you considered the Reform party? I think they'd be a good fit.

By *icolerobbieCouple 7 weeks ago

walsall

You'll change your tune if it was your street a mob of arsonists was running a mock on.

The nearest garrison is Catterick, any riots would be long over before the army got here, and then what are they going to do, shoot people?"

Well if the problem is too much for the police to deal with, then the army is next. What other options are there?

By *idnight RamblerMan 7 weeks ago

Pershore

The nearest garrison is Catterick, any riots would be long over before the army got here, and then what are they going to do, shoot people?

Well if the problem is too much for the police to deal with, then the army is next. What other options are there?"

We could could consider the second amendment approach so that every other citizen has a gun? Good idea or not?

golden fields

Well if the problem is too much for the police to deal with, then the army is next. What other options are there?

We could could consider the second amendment approach so that every other citizen has a gun? Good idea or not?"

Rioters with guns. What could possibly go wrong.

By (user no longer on site) 7 weeks ago

"Green MP points gun at crowd while rioting".

golden fields

""Green MP points gun at crowd while rioting".

"

Lol, is that also a jibe at the fella who thinks Mothin Ali is an MP?

» Add a new message to this topic