FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Well the MP has been kindnapped and returned

Well the MP has been kindnapped and returned

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple 8 weeks ago

Guests in our Own club this weekend EXCITED !!!

The guards have searched for Gunpowder Plotters. There's a Not My King in the room. The King is about to have a sore throat.

As 35 New Laws to be read out.

Giddy times indeed.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *melie LALWoman 8 weeks ago

Peterborough

"The guards have searched for Gunpowder Plotters. There's a Not My King in the room. The King is about to have a sore throat.

As 35 New Laws to be read out.

Giddy times indeed.

"

Actually, if my sources are correct, they are bills, ie proposals for new laws or amendments of existing laws.

Pedanticism aside, hope he has some water/throat spray to hand

Rolling smoking age ban to be introduced

It is confirmed that Labour has co-opted Rishi Sunak's policy to progressively raise the smoking age.

This legislation will be rolled up in the Tobacco and Vapes Bill, which will also limit the sale and advertising of vapes.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man 8 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

"Rolling smoking age ban to be introduced

It is confirmed that Labour has co-opted Rishi Sunak's policy to progressively raise the smoking age.

This legislation will be rolled up in the Tobacco and Vapes Bill, which will also limit the sale and advertising of vapes.

"

Roll up

By *azzler2Man 8 weeks ago

halifax

Wonder which taxes they are planning to increase to make up on what there going to loose on the tobacco sales ?

By *irldnCouple 8 weeks ago

Brighton

"Wonder which taxes they are planning to increase to make up on what there going to loose on the tobacco sales ?"

It is interesting because while banning smoking from a public health pov seems obvious, I recall seeing figures previously that showed more tax was collected for the treasury than the cost to the NHS for treating smoking related illnesses. So smoking is actually a net contributor to the exchequer.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 8 weeks ago

Border of London

"Wonder which taxes they are planning to increase to make up on what there going to loose on the tobacco sales ?

It is interesting because while banning smoking from a public health pov seems obvious, I recall seeing figures previously that showed more tax was collected for the treasury than the cost to the NHS for treating smoking related illnesses. So smoking is actually a net contributor to the exchequer."

Not to mention population control, plus less paid out in old age pensions...

By *ggdrasil66Man 8 weeks ago

Saltdean

Every government knows that it doesn’t matter how much they tax smokers, they will always moan but always pay. £20 for a pack of B&H Gold? Again they will moan, but it won’t stop them from buying their favourite snout. Same with alcohol and petrol/diesel. Road tax is another license to print money. They’ve got us all by the bollocks!

"Wonder which taxes they are planning to increase to make up on what there going to loose on the tobacco sales ?

It is interesting because while banning smoking from a public health pov seems obvious, I recall seeing figures previously that showed more tax was collected for the treasury than the cost to the NHS for treating smoking related illnesses. So smoking is actually a net contributor to the exchequer."

I just don't understand why people would want to pay so much extra tax each year, simply by smoking. And also place so much risk to their health for doing so. Plus, I'd like the friends I have that smoke to live a long and healthy life.

***The rate on cigarettes is 16.5 per cent of the retail price plus £6.33 on a packet of 2.

The rate on cigars is £3.95 for a 10g cigar.

The rate on hand-rolling tobacco is £12.37 for a 30g packet;

The rate on other smoking and chewing tobacco is £5.21 for a 30g packet.

The rate on tobacco for heating is £1.95 for a 6g pack.

VAT is applied after tobacco duty, so, for example, the price of a packet of 20 cigarettes currently reflects the pre-tax price plus 16.5 per cent ad valorem plus £6.33 of duty tax plus 20 per cent VAT on both the pre-tax price and the duty.*** FROM OBR.

Peterborough

"Every government knows that it doesn’t matter how much they tax smokers, they will always moan but always pay. £20 for a pack of B&H Gold? Again they will moan, but it won’t stop them from buying their favourite snout. Same with alcohol and petrol/diesel. Road tax is another license to print money. They’ve got us all by the bollocks!"

Snout nose sniff.

I'll have you know I don't sniff petrol .

Btw how did you get from (potential) addictive substances to fuel? Smoking and alcohol are choices, driving for many of us is not a choice, ie work.

By *ggdrasil66Man 8 weeks ago

Saltdean

"Every government knows that it doesn’t matter how much they tax smokers, they will always moan but always pay. £20 for a pack of B&H Gold? Again they will moan, but it won’t stop them from buying their favourite snout. Same with alcohol and petrol/diesel. Road tax is another license to print money. They’ve got us all by the bollocks!

Snout nose sniff.

Btw how did you get from (potential) addictive substances to fuel? Smoking and alcohol are choices, driving for many of us is not a choice, ie work."

I was answering a post about the amount of tax we pay. I can see that the things that we rely upon, are taxed to high heaven. But smokers won’t give up smoking any more than drivers will give up driving, drinkers will give up drinking etc. Personal choice is relevant, but once made, they are nigh on impossible to change.

Peterborough

"Every government knows that it doesn’t matter how much they tax smokers, they will always moan but always pay. £20 for a pack of B&H Gold? Again they will moan, but it won’t stop them from buying their favourite snout. Same with alcohol and petrol/diesel. Road tax is another license to print money. They’ve got us all by the bollocks!

Snout nose sniff.

Btw how did you get from (potential) addictive substances to fuel? Smoking and alcohol are choices, driving for many of us is not a choice, ie work.

I was answering a post about the amount of tax we pay. I can see that the things that we rely upon, are taxed to high heaven. But smokers won’t give up smoking any more than drivers will give up driving, drinkers will give up drinking etc. Personal choice is relevant, but once made, they are nigh on impossible to change."

That's a Venn diagram waiting to happen

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 7 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

"

Rishi Sunak's policy? Didn't Jacinda Adern table this in New Zealand?

By *atEvolution OP   Couple 7 weeks ago

Rishi Sunak's policy? Didn't Jacinda Adern table this in New Zealand? "

In New Zealand. Maybe. In the UK. No.

» Add a new message to this topic