FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Presidential nomination

Presidential nomination

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *igNick1381 OP   Man 3 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

Based on reported rumbling from within the democratic party do you think Biden will stand, or step down for the coming election

And do you have any opinion on a suitable replacement should be step down

It's a short time frame to elect a potential replacement, so do they rush that, or move Kamala Harris up?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asterMeliodasMan 3 weeks ago

Keith

I think Biden's going to forge ahead, though I honestly don't think he should.

There isn't really a viable alternative to rush, so it would probably end up being Kamala if he did step down.

By *estivalMan 3 weeks ago

borehamwood

Biden aint gona step down so the americans have a choice a crazy old man OR a crazy old man, they sort of make our politicians look half way professional

By *onica-mayhemWoman 3 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

I would absolutely love to see kamala harris voted in as president. Four years of absolute golden comedy watching that unfold.

Her profound statements and cackling laughter at inappropriate moments would warm the hearts of even the coldest enemies.

She is a fantastic politician and a brilliant statesperson.

By *usybee73Man 3 weeks ago

in the sticks

He won't stand down unless it's medical, imho think he's already suffering from parkinsons, possibly more.

Democratics can't bring in Harris as no one knows who she is, never mind policies etc

Trump will get back in ... sell Ukraine down the river, open up the oil pipelines and fight back in the China trade war.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 3 weeks ago

Gilfach

"And do you have any opinion on a suitable replacement should be step down"

There is only 1 option, Kamala Harris.

All that money that has been raised in recent months was donated to the Biden/Harris campaign, and they can't just give it all to someone else.

By *abioMan 3 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

You are going to hear probably 4 different names….

Bearing in mind the RNC convention is next week…. And the DNC convention is 2 weeks later.. time is short

The safe bet would be Kamala Harris …..

The other names you will likely hear are:

minority leader in the house Hakeem Jeffries (he represents a seat in New York)

Governor of California Gavin Newsome

Governor of Michigan Gretchen whitmer

At this stage if Kamala committed to just being a one term president (just because presidents and the vice presidents tend to come and go in pairs) I don’t think there would even be a battle

If this was 28….. I am a huge fan of whitmer ! Down to earth, knows her stuff, very well Midwest known and hugely popular in her home state!

BRIDGEND

"You are going to hear probably 4 different names….

Bearing in mind the RNC convention is next week…. And the DNC convention is 2 weeks later.. time is short

The safe bet would be Kamala Harris …..

The other names you will likely hear are:

minority leader in the house Hakeem Jeffries (he represents a seat in New York)

Governor of California Gavin Newsome

Governor of Michigan Gretchen whitmer

At this stage if Kamala committed to just being a one term president (just because presidents and the vice presidents tend to come and go in pairs) I don’t think there would even be a battle

If this was 28….. I am a huge fan of whitmer ! Down to earth, knows her stuff, very well Midwest known and hugely popular in her home state!

"

If Harris gets the nod one of those 4 as a running mate would be the obvious choice

Set's them up for their own run then, and they're younger too which is a massive boon

But I don't think Biden will step down

Hard to let go of power when you finally get it

Hilarious that the 'Biden has clear mental deficiencies' was right wing conspiracy theory just a few days prior to the debate though

By *ggdrasil66Man 3 weeks ago

Saltdean

I hope Biden doesn’t step down, because I want Donald Trump to win. MAGA!

By *abioMan 3 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I hope Biden doesn’t step down, because I want Donald Trump to win. MAGA!"

I don’t think trump is any more mentally there than Biden is…..

If the dems do make the change it will bring that into focus more sharply… you think the age questions will stop if Biden drops out bearing in mind trump is only 2 and a bit years younger! His campaign speeches have been all over the place!

By *tuhelCouple 3 weeks ago

Livingstone

Personally I do not think a Fascist Dictator as the leader of the "free world" is a good idea.

The Republican Party and its right wing "above the Law" Supreme Court have already shown their willingness to ignore their Constitution in order to take and hold onto power.

The UK, now no longer part of the European block, will be very vulnerable to Trump's whims and his stated desire for revenge against anyone he does not consider a supporter.

This is no longer a joke. There is a clear and present danger to the freedoms and peace our ancestors fought and died to create.

By *idnight RamblerMan 3 weeks ago

Pershore

Biden is clearly incapacitated with some form of age related dementia. It happens. But he's in no fit state to lead the US and the broader Free World. It's a troubling and dangerous situation.

BRIDGEND

Does anyone remember Reagan's past term

I know he suffered with dementia but have no real recollection

I suppose it wasn't on display as much as Biden due to the increase in media options and constant coverage

BRIDGEND

"I hope Biden doesn’t step down, because I want Donald Trump to win. MAGA!

Personally I do not think a Fascist Dictator as the leader of the "free world" is a good idea.

The Republican Party and its right wing "above the Law" Supreme Court have already shown their willingness to ignore their Constitution in order to take and hold onto power.

The UK, now no longer part of the European block, will be very vulnerable to Trump's whims and his stated desire for revenge against anyone he does not consider a supporter.

This is no longer a joke. There is a clear and present danger to the freedoms and peace our ancestors fought and died to create. "

Ah yes, a return to the famed dictatorship era of 2016-2020

Grow up please

By *irldnCouple 3 weeks ago

Brighton

Biden is a train wreck.

But I still cannot understand why any sane person would support Trump and be accepting of a criminal misogynist in the White House.

Just because he is “my guy” or plays for “my team” is it really ok to have a choice of shit or shitter?

By *irldnCouple 3 weeks ago

Brighton

What are the qualities Trump has that you admire and why?

By *hrill CollinsMan 3 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

i remember reagans last term. By the end, he was clearly more fucked than biden is now .... but then in 4 years, biden will be more fucked than biden is now ...

just for balance, Trump is clearly as fucked now as Biden was 4 years ago ....

but then when maggie was deposed she was as fucked as the aforementioned ....

then there was yeltsin ...

life goes on

By *iman2100Man 3 weeks ago

Glasgow

This is no longer a joke. There is a clear and present danger to the freedoms and peace our ancestors fought and died to create.

Grow up please "

The reason he did not succeed in his dictatorship in 2016-2020 was because he had not prepared well enough, there were too many men on concicence in the mix.

He did however sack competent cabinet people and replace them with Trump disciples who followed his every whim. He did try and get the DOJ to prosecute his political opponents.

He did try and get Georgia to falsify the vote so he remained as president. He was complicit in the creation of fake electors to try and steal the election in several swing states.

He did incite a riot in the capitol on January 6th and, despite plees from numerous people, did not call his supporters off or do anything to support the capitol police.

He did refuse, without any evidence or justification, to accept the results of the election. He has stated publically and on record he will be a dictator. He has welcomed the opinion of the SCOTUS that he, like all dictators, will be immune from prosecution so the last barrier to his dictatorship has been removed. He is a supporter of the Project 2025 with its extreme right wing aims which is working hard to prepare for Trump's Dictatorship.

So Trump, if re-elected, will become a dictator.

I am "Grown Up" enough to see that.

By *otMe66Man 3 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"Based on reported rumbling from within the democratic party do you think Biden will stand, or step down for the coming election

It's a short time frame to elect a potential replacement, so do they rush that, or move Kamala Harris up?"

I have just watched the Biden slip ups from the Nato summit speech

It is time to let him walk away with some dignity, and do it behind closed doors, I actually feel sorry for him now.

By *iman2100Man 3 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Based on reported rumbling from within the democratic party do you think Biden will stand, or step down for the coming election

It's a short time frame to elect a potential replacement, so do they rush that, or move Kamala Harris up?

It is time to let him walk away with some dignity, and do it behind closed doors, I actually feel sorry for him now."

If he is like that now; How will he be in 4 years time? He must give whomever takes over from him a chance by going very soon.

By *abioMan 3 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Grow up please "

Actually… if you replace the word “dictatorship” for authoritarian…. And then I suggest that you start reading up on the “project 2025” agenda put out by the heritage foundation….

Why? Because the heritage foundation were the people who produced the list of SCOTUS nominees for trump….

Anyway…. The blueprint for project 2025…. Not happy clappy

By *ggdrasil66Man 3 weeks ago

Saltdean

This is no longer a joke. There is a clear and present danger to the freedoms and peace our ancestors fought and died to create. "

Fascist dictator? Don’t be silly!

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 3 weeks ago

Gilfach

"It is time to let him walk away with some dignity, and do it behind closed doors, I actually feel sorry for him now."

It's too late for that. Even if he hands over the nomination today, everyone's memory of Biden will be 'that senile bloke that had to be forced out'.

The Outer Rim

do you think that him going now would reflect poorly on a new democratic candidate then?

By *abioMan 3 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"do you think that him going now would reflect poorly on a new democratic candidate then?"

It’s a good question……

I would say “no” if only because democrats would get behind any new candidate… and there are a whole of “don’t like either of them, they are both too old “ people out there!

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 3 weeks ago

nearby

It is time to let him walk away with some dignity, and do it behind closed doors, I actually feel sorry for him now."

Totally agree

Really embarrassing when Biden introduces Zelenskiy as ‘President Putin’ at the Nato summit

By *atEvolutionCouple 3 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

Putin for President of America.

By *otMe66Man 3 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"do you think that him going now would reflect poorly on a new democratic candidate then?

It’s a good question……

I would say “no” if only because democrats would get behind any new candidate… and there are a whole of “don’t like either of them, they are both too old “ people out there!

"

What is causing the hesitation in replacing him? He won’t make any decisions if re-elected, he won’t be allowed to address or host again, so what is the deal here?

Do they believe only Biden can beat Trump, or is it simply respecting his position as POTUS?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 3 weeks ago

golden fields

"do you think that him going now would reflect poorly on a new democratic candidate then?

It’s a good question……

What is causing the hesitation in replacing him? He won’t make any decisions if re-elected, he won’t be allowed to address or host again, so what is the deal here?

Do they believe only Biden can beat Trump, or is it simply respecting his position as POTUS?"

I don't know what's going on ver there. But I suspect they worry that a non-white woman (Harris) would not get elected president.

But doesn't like like Biden is going to get elected anyway, so fuck knows.

By *ess n BenCouple 3 weeks ago

Didcot

It is time to let him walk away with some dignity, and do it behind closed doors, I actually feel sorry for him now.

Totally agree

Really embarrassing when Biden introduces Zelenskiy as ‘President Putin’ at the Nato summit"

And calling his vice president vice president Trump

By *ostindreamsMan 3 weeks ago

London

"

I don't know what's going on ver there. But I suspect they worry that a non-white woman (Harris) would not get elected president.

"

What does race got to do with this? Especially when a non-white person representing Democrats was a president for two terms just over the last decade? How about a more plausible reason that Kamala Harris has her own share of gaffes and people don't trust her? Her actions when she was working in California are completely at odds with typical Democratic voters. They don't trust her and hence she is unpopular.

The Outer Rim

It’s a good question……

Do they believe only Biden can beat Trump, or is it simply respecting his position as POTUS?"

who knows? perhaps we can draw from the experience that ronnie raygun wasn't in any fit state to successfully wipe his own arse in his second term to answer the question as to wether it makes a difference or not

London

Well-run political parties are usually forward-thinking and always have a queue of upcoming candidates who are competing to take the leadership role when the current leader leaves the seat.

It looks like the Democrats were so d*unk from success in Obama era that they didn't really promote any strong candidates who are capable of replacing Obama when he left. They probably overestimated Hillary Clinton. Once she screwed up, they had to scramble around to find Biden.

Now that Biden's health is clearly declining, they don't really have anyone else who they could put forward as a strong contender.

By *loscouplegl3Couple 3 weeks ago

Gloucester

It’s a good question……

There is no ‘hesitation’ in replacing him. The Democrates can’t replace him. There is no mechanism within their system for removing him. If he decides he wants to stay then they are stuck with him and the world gets shafted by the return of that giant twat trump.

By *oxychick35Couple 3 weeks ago

thornaby

It’s a good question……

Do they believe only Biden can beat Trump, or is it simply respecting his position as POTUS?

But doesn't like like Biden is going to get elected anyway, so fuck knows."

eh ? They had a none white president not that long ago lol

golden fields

It’s a good question……

But doesn't like like Biden is going to get elected anyway, so fuck knows.eh ? They had a none white president not that long ago lol"

Obama was a man.

By *oxychick35Couple 3 weeks ago

thornaby

It’s a good question……

But doesn't like like Biden is going to get elected anyway, so fuck knows.eh ? They had a none white president not that long ago lol

Obama was a man. "

so black men good vblack women not good ?

London

It’s a good question……

But doesn't like like Biden is going to get elected anyway, so fuck knows.eh ? They had a none white president not that long ago lol

Obama was a man. so black men good vblack women not good ? "

The mental gymnastics some people do to blame random shit on racism is astounding

golden fields

It’s a good question……

Obama was a man. so black men good vblack women not good ? "

I'll quote myself to clarify what I said.

"I suspect they worry that a non-white woman (Harris) would not get elected president."

London

It’s a good question……

Obama was a man. so black men good vblack women not good ?

I'll quote myself to clarify what I said.

"I suspect they worry that a non-white woman (Harris) would not get elected president."

"

Why would they suspect that even after knowing that a non-white person has won two consecutive terms in the past?

By *ophieslutTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Central

He's certainly a decent person and I think he'd step down if he had concerns that he'd not be able to do it. He may just need some time to have a thorough medical diagnosis etc and thought. I think he'll probably step down but he'd be a fantastic President still, if he doesn't and can win.

By *igtool2Man 2 weeks ago

Didcot

Reagans health rapidly deteriorated after being.... wait for it

Shot

By *igtool2Man 2 weeks ago

Didcot

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real

» Add a new message to this topic