FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Buckingham Palace tours £75

Buckingham Palace tours £75

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *0shadesOfFilth OP   Man 3 weeks ago

nearby

Buckingham Palace’s east wing opens to public for first time for £75 tours

£91 million a year sovereign grant to maintain this 188 bedroom home, is that not enough.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atEvolutionCouple 3 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

Do you want to visit FREE?

By *ondoner27Man 3 weeks ago

london

They are an absolute disgrace. Pay your own way or fuck off. What makes their blood royal anyway?! The worst family in Britain, would pay £75 to watch them put in a wood chipper

[Removed by poster at 10/07/24 10:14:28]

BTW the £75 tours are Exclusive Private Tours.

You can see BuckPal for £32 and spend the whole day there.

London Eye - 1 X half-hour spin (?!?) costs £29 - Walk up price £42.

So BuckPal is a BARGAIN.

By *astandFeistyCouple 3 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Surely any profit from this goes to the treasury like the rest of their profit?

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 3 weeks ago

Cumbria

Every penny that is made by the Royal Family, using property - or anything else we pay to maintain - should be used to reduce the annual welfare cheque the taxpayers give them.

By *oxychick35Couple 3 weeks ago

thornaby

Rest of there profit pmsl so you are saying they are a profit to the U.K.

"Surely any profit from this goes to the treasury like the rest of their profit?"

It goes to the Treasury and if you set your entry fee as a donation - you get to go free for one year and the donation goes to reduce the refurb cost.

"Rest of there profit pmsl so you are saying they are a profit to the U.K. "

I would call. 1.76 billion, a sizable income to the UK.

I'm not a Royalist BTW (but if the country is one then it best make profit - which by every measure from every quarter in the know - it does.

By *JB1954Man 3 weeks ago

Reading

Please remember. Buckingham Palace and other Crown estate properties are not owned by the King.

Basically they are owned by the tax payers. The King cannot sell any them. Same as 10 Downing Street. It is the prime ministers residence while in that position.

So if instead having at present a King. A President theoretically as Head of State Buckingham Palace would become the Presidents residence while in office.

By *wosmilersCouple 3 weeks ago

Heathrowish

It's a simple commercial exercise.

The security has to be paid for (who wants orange paint scattered everywhere....or worse).

As a consumer, you can choose whether to go, or not.

Many of those who have an opinion on whether it is right to charge, would probably never consider visiting.

Heathrowish

....and where does the money go?

Into the personal pockets of the Royal Family or into the upkeep, renovation and repair of Crown Estates property to reduce the liability of the public purse?

Already said above.

Treasury.

Heathrowish

"Already said above.

Treasury."

By *melie LALWoman 3 weeks ago

Peterborough

Since the king doesn't own it, I reckon him and camilla should only use it for state occasions, and live in a trailer on site, or kip in their own property .

They can blame Great x? Uncle George (4th?) for getting into debt.

By *idnight RamblerMan 3 weeks ago

Pershore

Good idea, the Royal Family should consider other revenue earning schemes to help fund them. Why not?

"Since the king doesn't own it, I reckon him and camilla should only use it for state occasions, and live in a trailer on site, or kip in their own property .

They can blame Great x? Uncle George (4th?) for getting into debt."

Best Move the Prime Minister and The Chancellor of the Exchequer out of 10 and 11 then.

Peterborough

Actually it was George iii, great x? Grandad.

Peterborough

"Since the king doesn't own it, I reckon him and camilla should only use it for state occasions, and live in a trailer on site, or kip in their own property .

Best Move the Prime Minister and The Chancellor of the Exchequer out of 10 and 11 then. "

Different ball game

Best Move the Prime Minister and The Chancellor of the Exchequer out of 10 and 11 then.

Different ball game"

You wish it was.

Peterborough

From wiki

The monarch has official ownership of the estate, however, is not involved with the management or administration of the estate, and has no personal control of its affairs. For all practical purposes, the Estate Commissioners shall exercise "all such acts as belong to the Crown's rights of ownership" for the Estate "on behalf of the Crown".[8] The proceeds of the Estate, in part, funds the monarchy. The estate's extensive portfolio is overseen by a semi-independent, incorporated public body headed by the Crown Estate Commissioners, who exercise "the powers of ownership" of the estate, although they are not "owners in their own right".[3] The revenues from these hereditary possessions have been placed by the monarch at the disposition of His Majesty's Government in exchange for relief from the responsibility to fund the Civil Government.[9] These revenues proceed directly to His Majesty's Treasury, for the benefit of the British nation; a percentage of them is then distributed back to the monarch.[3][10][11] The Crown Estate is formally accountable to the Parliament of the United Kingdom,[12] where it is legally mandated to provide an annual report for the sovereign, a copy of which is forwarded to the House of Commons.[8]

I knew about the Crown Estate and how it came about from the King's debt, didn't realise that officially the monarch still owned it. I also knew their (pocket ) money came from it

No trailer for C and C then .

Peterborough

Different ball game

You wish it was."

Like it or lump it, it is.

It's such a shame that some just don't understand, or even try to understand, the history or workings of their own country.

Different ball game

You wish it was.

Like it or lump it, it is. "

BTW. The King and Queen live at Clarence House. They only use Buckingham Palace for official state business.

Peterborough

"It's such a shame that some just don't understand, or even try to understand, the history or workings of their own country.

"

Bless

The different ballgame: the PM and chancellor's residence in Downing Street is temporary and will never go to their children through inheritance.

BP ie the physical house, does pass directly to the next monarch, heir apparent, usually first born child.

"It's such a shame that some just don't understand, or even try to understand, the history or workings of their own country.

Bless

The different ballgame: the PM and chancellor's residence in Downing Street is temporary and will never go to their children through inheritance.

BP ie the physical house, does pass directly to the next monarch, heir apparent, usually first born child."

Neither will Buckingham Palace, it's owned by the Crown and The King and Queen DON'T live there. Read above.

Peterborough

Different ball game

You wish it was.

Like it or lump it, it is.

BTW. The King and Queen live at Clarence House. They only use Buckingham Palace for official state business.

"

But will from 2027.

Clarence House was nanny's home, bequeathed to him.

Peterborough

Bless

BP ie the physical house, does pass directly to the next monarch, heir apparent, usually first born child.

Neither will Buckingham Palace, it's owned by the Crown and The King and Queen DON'T live there. Read above."

But will, apparently. Read above

Clarence House is owned by the Crown.

Peterborough

"Clarence House is owned by the Crown."

Ok I can admit I was wrong, think queen Elizabeth the queen's mother owned the house, when it was merely her residence (and obviously owned by queen Elizabeth in through the crown estate).

And now it is owned by charles iii through the crown estate.

Peterborough

"Clarence House is owned by the Crown.

Ok I can admit I was wrong, think queen Elizabeth the queen's mother owned the house, when it was merely her residence (and obviously owned by queen Elizabeth in through the crown estate).

And now it is owned by charles iii through the crown estate."

Wonder if you can admit you were wrong about Downing Street vs royal residences...

I doubt it, going from previous "debates" we've had

Nope. Clarence House is owned by the Crown. Buckingham Palace is owned by the Crown.

All the 14 Royal Residences are owned by the Crown.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 3 weeks ago

golden fields

"Buckingham Palace’s east wing opens to public for first time for £75 tours

£91 million a year sovereign grant to maintain this 188 bedroom home, is that not enough. "

Just don't go if it's not good value. That's my plan.

Wonder if you can admit you were wrong about Downing Street vs royal residences...

I doubt it, going from previous "debates" we've had"

Downing Street serves as residences for state business - the crown properties serve as state residences for state business. So with regard to affairs of State, exactly the same.

By *irldnCouple 3 weeks ago

Brighton

£91 million a year sovereign grant to maintain this 188 bedroom home, is that not enough.

Just don't go if it's not good value. That's my plan."

Just don't go if it's not good value. That's my plan."

Exactly.

But if you use the 'donation model' it's probably the cheapest (other than free) visit you could ever make.

By *ondoner27Man 3 weeks ago

london

"Nope. Clarence House is owned by the Crown. Buckingham Palace is owned by the Crown.

All the 14 Royal Residences are owned by the Crown."

Sorry to butt in, but do you know who the crown purchased the 14 royal residences from?

Peterborough

I doubt it, going from previous "debates" we've had

Downing Street serves as residences for state business - the crown properties serve as state residences for state business. So with regard to affairs of State, exactly the same. "

My point made, ha!

It may be because you think the crown and the crown estates are the same thing.

The crown is an umbrella term. Crown estates is the management (company) of what is officially owned by the monarch during the time of their reign. Profits go to the Treasury and the monarch gets some back via the civil last.

You need to get your understanding right . . . Definitively . . .

"King Charles III inherited Buckingham Palace when he took over from his late mother, Queen Elizabeth II, but even if he wanted to, he can never sell the grand London building and here's why…

The royal is forbidden from selling up because he doesn't even own it, as the 775-room royal residence technically belongs to the Crown Estate, and not the King himself. The Crown Estate website explains: "The Crown Estate belongs to the reigning monarch 'in right of The Crown', that is, it is owned by the monarch for the duration of their reign, by virtue of their accession to the throne.

"But it is not the private property of the monarch - it cannot be sold by the monarch, nor do revenues from it belong to the monarch."

Peterborough

"Nope. Clarence House is owned by the Crown. Buckingham Palace is owned by the Crown.

All the 14 Royal Residences are owned by the Crown.

Sorry to butt in, but do you know who the crown purchased the 14 royal residences from?"

It was agreed between George iii and parliament

Peterborough

"You need to get your understanding right . . . Definitively . . .

"King Charles III inherited Buckingham Palace when he took over from his late mother, Queen Elizabeth II, but even if he wanted to, he can never sell the grand London building and here's why…

The royal is forbidden from selling up because he doesn't even own it, as the 775-room royal residence technically belongs to the Crown Estate, and not the King himself. The Crown Estate website explains: "The Crown Estate belongs to the reigning monarch 'in right of The Crown', that is, it is owned by the monarch for the duration of their reign, by virtue of their accession to the throne.

"But it is not the private property of the monarch - it cannot be sold by the monarch, nor do revenues from it belong to the monarch."

"

Yeah! I know! It's all about wording!

I am still correct about different ball game.

By *oxychick35Couple 3 weeks ago

thornaby

"Rest of there profit pmsl so you are saying they are a profit to the U.K.

I'm not a Royalist BTW (but if the country is one then it best make profit - which by every measure from every quarter in the know - it does. "

as re you really saying the royals bring in 1.76 billion into the treasury lol

"

I am still correct about different ball game. "

Explain how it is different.

I'm not a Royalist BTW (but if the country is one then it best make profit - which by every measure from every quarter in the know - it does. as re you really saying the royals bring in 1.76 billion into the treasury lol"

Tourism. 21/22 figures

I'm not a Royalist BTW (but if the country is one then it best make profit - which by every measure from every quarter in the know - it does. as re you really saying the royals bring in 1.76 billion into the treasury lol"

Ooops! My Bad.

To Tourism lol - Treasury will get VAT oand other taxes of course.

Peterborough

"

Explain how it is different. "

Already have.

"

Explain how it is different.

Already have."

Well. Just for me. One more time. Please.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 3 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

I guess it keeps the riff raff out. They certainly wouldn't want their poorer subjects to gain entry seeing as how awful this country has treated it's lower classes over the centuries.

"I guess it keeps the riff raff out. They certainly wouldn't want their poorer subjects to gain entry seeing as how awful this country has treated it's lower classes over the centuries."

Really? If you bought one ticket and then converted it to a donation entry, it gives you FREE entry for 1 year. So at 52 visits in one year, you spend £1.44 a visit. Now if you are calling people with a smaller income 'riff-raff' then that's on you and shame on you.

Brighton

"I guess it keeps the riff raff out. They certainly wouldn't want their poorer subjects to gain entry seeing as how awful this country has treated it's lower classes over the centuries."

Don’t want them stealing spoons!

"I guess it keeps the riff raff out. They certainly wouldn't want their poorer subjects to gain entry seeing as how awful this country has treated it's lower classes over the centuries.

Don’t want them stealing spoons!"

Only thieves steal spoons. In any tier of society.

Brighton

"I guess it keeps the riff raff out. They certainly wouldn't want their poorer subjects to gain entry seeing as how awful this country has treated it's lower classes over the centuries.

Don’t want them stealing spoons!

Only thieves steal spoons. In any tier of society. "

Yeah but the P O O R

Artful Dodgers the lot of them!

By *estivalMan 3 weeks ago

borehamwood

I cant see the problem, if you wana go for a nosey around then cough up the 75 quid, if you dont wana go for a nosey around then you have saved 75 quid, pretty simple really. Personaly ive got more enjoyable things to spend my money on

By *ophieslutTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Central

Any of their private belongings, especially as gifts from other states, that benefit from our protection, should have that protection paid for as well as tax paid on increased values, as a tiny minimum of what we should be getting back.

By *hrill CollinsMan 3 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

perhaps the sovereign grant should be scrapped and the royal estate monetised instead .... any profit could be placed in a norwegian style sovereign fund to invest in wider infrastructure for the country

Brighton

"perhaps the sovereign grant should be scrapped and the royal estate monetised instead .... any profit could be placed in a norwegian style sovereign fund to invest in wider infrastructure for the country"

Aren’t the North Sea Oil/Gas fields technically Crown Estate?

By *eroy1000Man 3 weeks ago

milton keynes

"You need to get your understanding right . . . Definitively . . .

"

That's my understanding to. The monarch owns it but without the freedom to sell it like other people can sell things they own. It does bring in lots of money which all goes to the treasury who then pays back 15 to 20% as the sovereign Grant. It's basically like being taxed at between 80 and 85%. £32 for a tour and spend the day seems pretty good and competitive with other London attractions.

By *eroy1000Man 3 weeks ago

milton keynes

"perhaps the sovereign grant should be scrapped and the royal estate monetised instead .... any profit could be placed in a norwegian style sovereign fund to invest in wider infrastructure for the country

Aren’t the North Sea Oil/Gas fields technically Crown Estate?"

Very possibly the sea bed that they are based on belongs to the crown at a guess

By *hrill CollinsMan 3 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

"perhaps the sovereign grant should be scrapped and the royal estate monetised instead .... any profit could be placed in a norwegian style sovereign fund to invest in wider infrastructure for the country

Aren’t the North Sea Oil/Gas fields technically Crown Estate?"

possibly ... who knows?

that sort of information seems to only come to light if someone stumbles across it. then it seems to get quickly brushed under the carpet again, while a dead cat is siumltaneously thrown into the room.

the first rule about royal privilege club is ... don't talk about royal privilege club

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/king-charles-give-back-windfall-wind-farms-2023-01-19/

King Charles to give back profit from $1 bln-a-year wind farm deal.

By *inky_ragnarCouple 3 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Surely any profit from this goes to the treasury like the rest of their profit?"

Crown estate does give its profits to the government, after it has paid its staff, bills and maintenance.

Profits for 2021 where £270m, the monarchy gets 15% returned, so in 2022 they where "granted" £51.8 million for 2022-23.

That's £200m into the government's coffers. Not a bad return tbh, and I agree the monarchy needs to be removed from government.

By *anifestoMan 2 weeks ago

ferns

Fair point. But so they really need all the properties they "occupy"?

Buck pal

Sandringham

Windsor Castle

The list is fairly exhaustive

"Please remember. Buckingham Palace and other Crown estate properties are not owned by the King.

Basically they are owned by the tax payers. The King cannot sell any them. Same as 10 Downing Street. It is the prime ministers residence while in that position.

So if instead having at present a King. A President theoretically as Head of State Buckingham Palace would become the Presidents residence while in office. "

» Add a new message to this topic