FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > What will Labour do for you?

What will Labour do for you?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *AJMLK OP   TV/TS 10 weeks ago

Burley

The vast majority of reasons I've seen for voting Labour seem to be getting the Tories out - I've seen very little about what positive changes people think a Labour government will bring to the country. I can't really see that anything will change for me, but what do you think Labour will do for you? How will they change your own personal circumstances for the better?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 10 weeks ago

golden fields

"The vast majority of reasons I've seen for voting Labour seem to be getting the Tories out - I've seen very little about what positive changes people think a Labour government will bring to the country. I can't really see that anything will change for me, but what do you think Labour will do for you? How will they change your own personal circumstances for the better?

"

Less self serving, less corruption. Reasonably confident.

Pander less to the fossil fuels industry. Not confident.

Less division and less demonising elements of society and the electorate. Reasonably confident.

Progress on environmentalism. Not confident.

Just a bit of hope, but who knows.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 10 weeks ago

Cumbria

"The vast majority of reasons I've seen for voting Labour seem to be getting the Tories out - I've seen very little about what positive changes people think a Labour government will bring to the country. I can't really see that anything will change for me, but what do you think Labour will do for you? How will they change your own personal circumstances for the better?

"

I have absolutely no idea, I didn’t vote for them in order to make things better for me, I voted for them because I wanted rid of the Tories. I don’t think that they will make anything worse, and I hope they will make things better, for the country as a whole.

By *atEvolutionCouple 10 weeks ago

Guests in our Own club this weekend EXCITED !!!

As a benefit to me. Nothing at all.

I am totally sure that tax rises are coming for everyone.

I am totally sure that my businesses will be paying more tax by the end of the next financial year too.

Burley

I have absolutely no idea, I didn’t vote for them in order to make things better for me, I voted for them because I wanted rid of the Tories. I don’t think that they will make anything worse, and I hope they will make things better, for the country as a whole."

So, your vote - something won by the struggles and hardships of our ancestors, is based on nothing but hatred (of the Tories) and a vague hope that the other lot will do better?

By *astandFeistyCouple 10 weeks ago

Bournemouth

I have absolutely no idea, I didn’t vote for them in order to make things better for me, I voted for them because I wanted rid of the Tories. I don’t think that they will make anything worse, and I hope they will make things better, for the country as a whole.

So, your vote - something won by the struggles and hardships of our ancestors, is based on nothing but hatred (of the Tories) and a vague hope that the other lot will do better?"

That's the exact reason they 'won'. Did you not see the amount of websites dedicated to tactical voting and the amount of idiots shouting 'fuck the tories'?

By *ean counterMan 10 weeks ago

Bridgnorth

I will be paying more personal tax without a doubt and public services will be spending more and more on things they don't need or what's commonly known as waste !!

Burley

So, your vote - something won by the struggles and hardships of our ancestors, is based on nothing but hatred (of the Tories) and a vague hope that the other lot will do better?

That's the exact reason they 'won'. Did you not see the amount of websites dedicated to tactical voting and the amount of idiots shouting 'fuck the tories'?"

It does seem like a cheap and rather hollow victory when viewed like that. Are people so easily bought by simple hatred?

By *irldnCouple 10 weeks ago

Brighton

Me personally not much. Certain to be worse off. I didn’t vote Labour (not a xmas turkey) but still glad to see the back of Sunak’s government (can’t bring myself to really call them Conservatives as I no longer know what they were!)

Bournemouth

If they manage to start fixing the NHS, housing issues and immigration then I'll vote for them next time.

This time it's 'it can't get any worse, so let's get rid the Tories and hope it gets better'

Cumbria

So, your vote - something won by the struggles and hardships of our ancestors, is based on nothing but hatred (of the Tories) and a vague hope that the other lot will do better?"

No, hatred is a very extreme emotion and not one I exhibit. My vote was based on the absolute mess the Tories have made of the country over the last 14 years. The fact that they have completely runout of ideas and have had to resort to cruelty and culture wars nonsense to compliment their xenophobia, shows how little they have to offer.

The most important thing for me, and imo the best thing for this country, was to get rid of them, and in our constituency the only way to do that was vote Labour.

By *idnight RamblerMan 10 weeks ago

Pershore

Less division and less demonising elements of society and the electorate. Reasonably confident.

Just a bit of hope, but who knows. "

All of the above, but are they competent? Time will tell.

By *loscouplegl3Couple 10 weeks ago

Gloucester

That's the exact reason they 'won'. Did you not see the amount of websites dedicated to tactical voting and the amount of idiots shouting 'fuck the tories'?

It does seem like a cheap and rather hollow victory when viewed like that. Are people so easily bought by simple hatred?"

Yes. That literally the basis for Reform

Brighton

All of the above, but are they competent? Time will tell."

Let’s be honest, they’d have to go some way to be more incompetent than the outgoing lot!

By *otMe66Man 10 weeks ago

Terra Firma

No, hatred is a very extreme emotion and not one I exhibit. My vote was based on the absolute mess the Tories have made of the country over the last 14 years. The fact that they have completely runout of ideas and have had to resort to cruelty and culture wars nonsense to compliment their xenophobia, shows how little they have to offer.

The most important thing for me, and imo the best thing for this country, was to get rid of them, and in our constituency the only way to do that was vote Labour."

Is it xenophobic to secure the country from illegal entry now?

I looked up the definition and it didn’t say that at all, are you rewriting the dictionary, in a non emotional way?

golden fields

All of the above, but are they competent? Time will tell."

I think my, and everyone's expectations are low.

Even if they can behave like grown ups for a while, it will be a vast improvement.

By *aribbean King 1985Man 10 weeks ago

South West London

Well I still believe Labour is the worse choice but I hope for your guys sake that Labour dont screw it up because if they do then not only will I hold them to scrutiny like I did with the Tories but I will make everyone just as complicit whoever voted for them6

Brighton

"Well I still believe Labour is the worse choice but I hope for your guys sake that Labour dont screw it up because if they do then not only will I hold them to scrutiny like I did with the Tories but I will make everyone just as complicit whoever voted for them6"

Oooh fighting talk

golden fields

"Well I still believe Labour is the worse choice but I hope for your guys sake that Labour dont screw it up because if they do then not only will I hold them to scrutiny like I did with the Tories but I will make everyone just as complicit whoever voted for them6"

What are the main worries? Aside from Starmer once fumbled a question.

Also, you and all of us should absolutely hold them to account if they don't do a good job.

When I lived in a Conservative constituency, I wrote to my MP regularly to express concern about the way she voted and the things she campaigned for.

Bournemouth

Even if they can behave like grown ups for a while, it will be a vast improvement."

Speak for yourself. My expectations aren't low. Why should we have low expectations when we've just got Rod of a government for not meeting them?

By *eavilMan 10 weeks ago

Stalybridge

As my dear old dad used to say same old piss in a different shaped bottle.

All politicians are only in it for themselves and their mates.

Brighton

Even if they can behave like grown ups for a while, it will be a vast improvement.

Speak for yourself. My expectations aren't low. Why should we have low expectations when we've just got Rod of a government for not meeting them?"

Who is this “Rod”

Bournemouth

Speak for yourself. My expectations aren't low. Why should we have low expectations when we've just got Rod of a government for not meeting them?

Who is this “Rod” "

Ffs, autocorrect is killing me lately.

By *heffielderCouple 10 weeks ago

sheffield

That's the exact reason they 'won'. Did you not see the amount of websites dedicated to tactical voting and the amount of idiots shouting 'fuck the tories'?"

The only reason they won is because of Reform and the collapse of the snp vote. Starmer git substantially less of the vote share then Corbyn.

Brighton

Who is this “Rod”

Ffs, autocorrect is killing me lately. "

Oh I was hoping there was someone called Rod

Brighton

The only reason they won is because of Reform and the collapse of the snp vote. Starmer git substantially less of the vote share then Corbyn."

Gotta love that FPTP!

By *exy_HornyCouple 10 weeks ago

Leigh

"

For the better, not a chance.

More tax, more red tape, more restrictions on freedom, more thought police, more cost for the essentials in life.

By *wosmilersCouple 10 weeks ago

Heathrowish

1. Labour won handsomely (sorry to state the bleeding obvious).

2. We have FPTP and that is unlikely to change in the foreseeable future. Therefore, Labour will probably get a two term mandate.

3. They have a free hand to do as they wish but the finances are already stretched. The new Chancellor has already said that there isn't much money in the pot.

4. Not sure what they will do for me personally that the previous shower would not have done.

5. I personally cannot see things being any better or worse economically.

6. I am still uncertain what else they will be able to do as so much of their manifesto was headline with no detail.

By *exy_HornyCouple 10 weeks ago

Leigh

"1. Labour won handsomely (sorry to state the bleeding obvious).

2. We have FPTP and that is unlikely to change in the foreseeable future. Therefore, Labour will probably get a two term mandate.

3. They have a free hand to do as they wish but the finances are already stretched. The new Chancellor has already said that there isn't much money in the pot.

4. Not sure what they will do for me personally that the previous shower would not have done.

5. I personally cannot see things being any better or worse economically.

6. I am still uncertain what else they will be able to do as so much of their manifesto was headline with no detail.

"

And the headlines were expensive.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 10 weeks ago

Central

I didn't vote for myself but for the country, despite it being a local representative. Fairer and more just, greater stability. The direction had been towards destruction of public services - this will be tempered. Our international standing will improve.

Unfortunately, 5 years isn't much, to get 14 years undone

By *oubleswing2019Man 10 weeks ago

Colchester

"

Voted tactically to get the existing government out, with a longer term plan to give room for another party to pick up votes further down the line in future elections. Sometimes you have to delay what you want for today, for what you want for tomorrow.

By *heffielderCouple 10 weeks ago

sheffield

The only reason they won is because of Reform and the collapse of the snp vote. Starmer git substantially less of the vote share then Corbyn.

Gotta love that FPTP!"

Definitely, Tories deserved it..

I have seen loads of posts and politicians trying to spin it as if it's some mass movement of votes towards Labour, which it most certainly is not.

Brighton

Just hoping for a period of calm dull workmanlike politics, with grey suited accountants competently administering our country without fanfare, scandal or corruption. Please

By *atEvolutionCouple 10 weeks ago

Guests in our Own club this weekend EXCITED !!!

"Just hoping for a period of calm dull workmanlike politics, with grey suited accountants competently administering our country without fanfare, scandal or corruption. Please "

Great plan - I endorse this nomination

By *ortySwitchMan 10 weeks ago

london

To quote an old russian proverb...

... Meet new Boss, same as old Boss.

I really don't think anything will change for the better, especially as Kier as stated he will continue with many Tory policies.

Also, as a straight(ish) white male, Labour will certainly nothing positive for me or those like me. I Would like to see a Minister for Men though, but I wont hold my breath.

By *eroy1000Man 10 weeks ago

milton keynes

Speak for yourself. My expectations aren't low. Why should we have low expectations when we've just got Rod of a government for not meeting them?"

Nor are mine low. Labour have spent many years saying how much better they are and how a Labour government will improve many things. Now it's time to start delivering. Hopefully they are right for all our sakes. Just hope they are not practising their excuses already.

Cumbria

"To quote an old russian proverb...

I really don't think anything will change for the better, especially as Kier as stated he will continue with many Tory policies.

Also, as a straight(ish) white male, Labour will certainly nothing positive for me or those like me. I Would like to see a Minister for Men though, but I wont hold my breath. "

Won’t someone think of the poor downtrodden men?

South West London

"Well I still believe Labour is the worse choice but I hope for your guys sake that Labour dont screw it up because if they do then not only will I hold them to scrutiny like I did with the Tories but I will make everyone just as complicit whoever voted for them6

What are the main worries? Aside from Starmer once fumbled a question.

Also, you and all of us should absolutely hold them to account if they don't do a good job.

When I lived in a Conservative constituency, I wrote to my MP regularly to express concern about the way she voted and the things she campaigned for."

Immigration, public services, taxes, crime are my main concerns but there's more that I cant be asked to mention

South West London

[Removed by poster at 05/07/24 19:51:45]

South West London

Also, as a straight(ish) white male, Labour will certainly nothing positive for me or those like me. I Would like to see a Minister for Men though, but I wont hold my breath. "

Im afraid there will not be a Minister for Men under Labour. They're more concerned about Trans

golden fields

Also, as a straight(ish) white male, Labour will certainly nothing positive for me or those like me. I Would like to see a Minister for Men though, but I wont hold my breath. Im afraid there will not be a Minister for Men under Labour. They're more concerned about Trans

"

That's right, trans people have no challenges in life. It's so much harder for men to get by in society.

By *melie LALWoman 10 weeks ago

Peterborough

Do you really think that a guy with an avatar of a dick has any influence on a girl with a smile avatar, or any other person who voted Labour here, will be bothered by that?

Peterborough

The only reason they won is because of Reform and the collapse of the snp vote. Starmer git substantially less of the vote share then Corbyn."

irrelevant.

They won by a landslide

Peterborough

"Just hoping for a period of calm dull workmanlike politics, with grey suited accountants competently administering our country without fanfare, scandal or corruption. Please "

Absolutely.

Bring on the grey men (and women) to do their jobs without fanfare. And put us back on track.

golden fields

"Just hoping for a period of calm dull workmanlike politics, with grey suited accountants competently administering our country without fanfare, scandal or corruption. Please

Absolutely.

Bring on the grey men (and women) to do their jobs without fanfare. And put us back on track."

Have we had enough 'mad max baddies' in government?

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 10 weeks ago

Hastings

So how long till we have a budget.

And how close was reform to Labour

By *I TwoCouple 10 weeks ago

all around

Same shit different faces

By *mateur100Man 10 weeks ago

nr faversham

"Same shit different faces"

Sadly, you're probably right

South West London

"Well I still believe Labour is the worse choice but I hope for your guys sake that Labour dont screw it up because if they do then not only will I hold them to scrutiny like I did with the Tories but I will make everyone just as complicit whoever voted for them6

Do you really think that a guy with an avatar of a dick has any influence on a girl with a smile avatar, or any other person who voted Labour here, will be bothered by that? "

I dont mind if you dont care its really to those who get it

South West London

"Same shit different faces"
You're right indeed, at least you get it

london

Also, as a straight(ish) white male, Labour will certainly nothing positive for me or those like me. I Would like to see a Minister for Men though, but I wont hold my breath.

Won’t someone think of the poor downtrodden men?"

So, your saying men don’t deserve equal rights! That men don’t suffer? That men are never victims of female violence? Your saying that only women should have rights?

I can you right now men ARE downtrodden, and largely second class citizens in this country. And it’s only getting worse.

Terra Firma

So, your saying men don’t deserve equal rights! That men don’t suffer? That men are never victims of female violence? Your saying that only women should have rights?

I can you right now men ARE downtrodden, and largely second class citizens in this country. And it’s only getting worse. "

South West London

I can you right now men ARE downtrodden, and largely second class citizens in this country. And it’s only getting worse. "

I 100% agree on this as there seems to be a lot of misandry towards us men but unfortunately the system dont care which obviously needs to change

South West London

But dont see Labour doing anything about it

Cumbria

When all you have known is privilege, equality feels like oppression.

golden fields

"But dont see Labour doing anything about it "

Do you think that helping a confused bloke from a swingers forum should be one of Labours top priorities when in government?

Terra Firma

I can you right now men ARE downtrodden, and largely second class citizens in this country. And it’s only getting worse.

When all you have known is privilege, equality feels like oppression."

How to alienate and discriminate 101

Cumbria

How to alienate and discriminate 101 "

Men are experiencing the tiniest amount of the issues women have experienced for centuries, that we are unable to cope with even the smallest of challenges makes me think we need to stop blaming everyone else and start looking at ourselves.

Yes men face challenges but we should adapt to the world, rather than expecting the world to adapt to us.

It’s no coincidence that the sort of men who think the world is against them are the sort of men who look up to Trump, Peterson, Farage and Tate, professional victims all.

By *vbride1963TV/TS 10 weeks ago

E.K . Glasgow

"But dont see Labour doing anything about it

Do you think that helping a confused bloke from a swingers forum should be one of Labours top priorities when in government?"

Maybe introduce a bill that makes it compulsory that male members of site are guaranteed a meet within a year of joining .

Terra Firma

Men are experiencing the tiniest amount of the issues women have experienced for centuries, that we are unable to cope with even the smallest of challenges makes me think we need to stop blaming everyone else and start looking at ourselves.

Yes men face challenges but we should adapt to the world, rather than expecting the world to adapt to us.

It’s no coincidence that the sort of men who think the world is against them are the sort of men who look up to Trump, Peterson, Farage and Tate, professional victims all."

You are making a whole load of assumptions that are biased broad strokes, if they were aimed at any other group you would have an outcry, that won’t happen.

Which allows you to make more unfounded discrimination / allegations towards men, that simply magnifies the point the poster made, you are proving the point that men are not treated the same, they are all tarred with the same brush of whataboutery.

By *oo hotCouple 10 weeks ago

North West

Exactly.

As Starmer himself said “a government that will tread lightly on us all.”

It’s also quite promising that Starmer is appointing people to roles that they have experience in. What a change from appointing people who hated their brief and wanted only to destroy and change everything their office stood for.

Cumbria

It’s no coincidence that the sort of men who think the world is against them are the sort of men who look up to Trump, Peterson, Farage and Tate, professional victims all.

You are making a whole load of assumptions that are biased broad strokes, if they were aimed at any other group you would have an outcry, that won’t happen.

Which allows you to make more unfounded discrimination / allegations towards men, that simply magnifies the point the poster made, you are proving the point that men are not treated the same, they are all tarred with the same brush of whataboutery."

So you think of all the groups in society it’s men who have the hardest time?

Terra Firma

Which allows you to make more unfounded discrimination / allegations towards men, that simply magnifies the point the poster made, you are proving the point that men are not treated the same, they are all tarred with the same brush of whataboutery.

So you think of all the groups in society it’s men who have the hardest time?"

I didn’t say that, I’m not so biased.

Cumbria

I didn’t say that, I’m not so biased."

Who has it worse, do you think?

Peterborough

Perhaps we need a gender minister rather than one for women etc.

golden fields

I didn’t say that, I’m not so biased."

Maybe the downtrodden bloke will come back and clarify.

Peterborough

It’s no coincidence that the sort of men who think the world is against them are the sort of men who look up to Trump, Peterson, Farage and Tate, professional victims all."

Hence the need for something less divisive and my suggestion for a gender Minister. Any causes of misandry, misogyny et al can be looked at, to ensure solutions don't unbalance equality.

It's definitely a whataboutery issue but fair enough when you consider rising numbers of male suicide as an example.

Terra Firma

Who has it worse, do you think?"

I’m not playing this game, you highlighted perfectly your thoughts.

Maybe you should ask yourself why you can’t treat people or groups of people with the same compassion.

london

"

When all you have known is privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Ahh, that must be why feminists feel threatened then.

Cumbria

Maybe you should ask yourself why you can’t treat people or groups of people with the same compassion. "

Awww bless, you’re pleading the fifth.

Have a great day x

Peterborough

"

Ahh, that must be why feminists feel threatened then. "

A rather foolish answer.

Pale, male, stale is historically the privileged group. Even today we discuss group sameness re hiring. We have to consciously be aware of NOT choosing someone on the basis of being the same. We have to be inclusive and diverse when hiring someone perfect for the job. Lameness runs deep into our subconsciousness.

Terra Firma

Maybe you should ask yourself why you can’t treat people or groups of people with the same compassion.

Awww bless, you’re pleading the fifth.

Have a great day x"

Is that you turning off the light on the way out

Peterborough

"

Ahh, that must be why feminists feel threatened then.

A rather foolish answer.

Pale, male, stale is historically the privileged group. Even today we discuss group sameness re hiring. We have to consciously be aware of NOT choosing someone on the basis of being the same. We have to be inclusive and diverse when hiring someone perfect for the job. Lameness runs deep into our subconsciousness."

Sameness

South West London

Do you think that helping a confused bloke from a swingers forum should be one of Labours top priorities when in government?"

First of all is that a serious question you asking ?

By *idnight RamblerMan 10 weeks ago

Pershore

Let’s be honest, they’d have to go some way to be more incompetent than the outgoing lot!"

Agreed, but that doesn't set the bar very high!

golden fields

Do you think that helping a confused bloke from a swingers forum should be one of Labours top priorities when in government? First of all is that a serious question you asking ?"

No I'm poking fun at the ridiculous nature of the other chaps posts.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 9 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

They couldn't be worse, more of the same is the worst case scenario.

By *exy_HornyCouple 9 weeks ago

Leigh

"They couldn't be worse, more of the same is the worst case scenario."

It is all the unpublicised peripheral stuff that is most concerning.

By *estivalMan 9 weeks ago

borehamwood

Absolutley fuck all same as the torys done for me and same as new labour done for me

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 9 weeks ago

Hastings

Probably rob me of more TAX to give to the invited non working part of society.

By *mateur100Man 9 weeks ago

nr faversham

Do you think that helping a confused bloke from a swingers forum should be one of Labours top priorities when in government? First of all is that a serious question you asking ?

No I'm poking fun at the ridiculous nature of the other chaps posts. "

Other chaps have an opinion and a vote

By *2000ManMan 9 weeks ago

Worthing

Probably won't notice anything for a couple of years. Ask again after that time.

By *otMe66Man 9 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Do you think they might win the European cup.

» Add a new message to this topic