FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Labour landslide?

Labour landslide?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ong-leggedblond OP   Woman 10 weeks ago

Next Door

Thoughts

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 10 weeks ago

Cumbria

The Tories are out, that’s what counts.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 10 weeks ago

Hastings

Tax will go up so ok if you like to hand over your cash.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 10 weeks ago

in Lancashire

It says much about the complete disaster the Tories have been since 2019, from an 80 seat majority to, and if the exit poll is accurate a reduction of 270 ish..

in Lancashire

"Tax will go up so ok if you like to hand over your cash."

Both parties would have had to raise tax, they just didn't want to talk about it..

Next Door

"Tax will go up so ok if you like to hand over your cash.

Both parties would have had to raise tax, they just didn't want to talk about it.."

A subject that all parties avoid.

in Lancashire

"Tax will go up so ok if you like to hand over your cash.

Both parties would have had to raise tax, they just didn't want to talk about it..

A subject that all parties avoid.

"

it's frustrating, we can all see the state of the economy so just be honest and fess up..

By *ob Carpe DiemMan 10 weeks ago

Torquay

Prime minister who held a referendum and didn't need to and lost, a prime minister who held an election and didn't need to and lost a majority, a prime minister who misled parliament the first in history, the shortest serving prime minister in history followed by Richie Sunack, surprised they didn't do better really given that lot

Next Door

Will there be a new leader of the Conservatives also?

By *hagTonightMan 10 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

It is going good, it was also predicted even before the counting began that labour would win with a landslide too

in Lancashire

"Will there be a new leader of the Conservatives also? "

He'll resign tomorrow, concede defeat by about 5 am then step down..

If he holds onto his seat it's how long does he stay as an MP or go back to where he made his money..

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 10 weeks ago

golden fields

"Will there be a new leader of the Conservatives also? "

They will take a while to pick. They need to decide if they want to move back to grown up politics, or go fully bezerker and try to win back those lost to Reform.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan 10 weeks ago

Kent

"The Tories are out, that’s what counts."

On the one hand it's good news yes, on the other the replacement is still Tory lite

By *azzler2Man 10 weeks ago

halifax

Labour is looking like to next government hope all who voted for them get what they was hoping for but I doubt it now the flood gates are open let’s see how many small boats come over it next month

golden fields

"Labour is looking like to next government hope all who voted for them get what they was hoping for but I doubt it now the flood gates are open let’s see how many small boats come over it next month "

Do you think the people trying desperately to get across the channel give a shit about who the PM is?

By *AJMLKTV/TS 10 weeks ago

Burley

I'm looking forward to nothing significant changing that will have any affect on me whatsoever

By *ophieslutTV/TS 10 weeks ago

Central

"Will there be a new leader of the Conservatives also?

He'll resign tomorrow, concede defeat by about 5 am then step down..

If he holds onto his seat it's how long does he stay as an MP or go back to where he made his money.."

I almost wonder if he's silently hoping to lose his seat, as the first PM to do so. He can scraper and not be missed

By *essiCouple 10 weeks ago

suffolk

Things can only get better..?

We shall see..

By *idnight RamblerMan 10 weeks ago

Pershore

It's a Tory collapse rather than a Labour landslide.

By *oxychick35Couple 10 weeks ago

thornaby

"It's a Tory collapse rather than a Labour landslide."
exactly that the big winner for me is libdems

By *irldnCouple 10 weeks ago

Brighton

"It's a Tory collapse rather than a Labour landslide.exactly that the big winner for me is libdems "

Yay!!!!!!!!

Cumbria

"It's a Tory collapse rather than a Labour landslide."

Either way, a massive Labour majority.

By *idnight RamblerMan 10 weeks ago

Pershore

"It's a Tory collapse rather than a Labour landslide.

Either way, a massive Labour majority."

Fair play, a huge seat majority on just over a third of votes. That's how FPTP works for better or worse.

Brighton

Fair play, a huge seat majority on just over a third of votes. That's how FPTP works for better or worse."

FPTP sucks

golden fields

Fair play, a huge seat majority on just over a third of votes. That's how FPTP works for better or worse.

FPTP sucks"

Sinn Fein on 7 seats with 0.7% of the vote.

I know they don't take their seats.

By *altenkommandoMan 10 weeks ago

milton keynes

"Labour is looking like to next government hope all who voted for them get what they was hoping for but I doubt it now the flood gates are open let’s see how many small boats come over it next month

Do you think the people trying desperately to get across the channel give a shit about who the PM is?"

No, but those of us who resent paying for economic migrants who travel through a number of safe countries because they know they will get more from the British taxpayer than our European counterparts care. Now that Starmergeddon is about to roll out the red carpet and force all of us to pay for this virtue signalling, I suspect there will be wooping of joy over in war-torn Calais as all those single men of fighting age, sorry, poor downtrodden terrified refugees fleeing the blitz of the northern French coast as they line up to come to this first safe haven they find.

milton keynes

FPTP sucks"

Albeit our reasoning differes, on that I think we are agreed.

thornaby

FPTP sucks

I know they don't take their seats. "

reform 14% and 4 seats Lib Dems 12% 70 seats wtf the biggest winner is libdems never seen that coming

golden fields

"Labour is looking like to next government hope all who voted for them get what they was hoping for but I doubt it now the flood gates are open let’s see how many small boats come over it next month

Do you think the people trying desperately to get across the channel give a shit about who the PM is?

No, but those of us who resent paying for economic migrants who travel through a number of safe countries because they know they will get more from the British taxpayer than our European counterparts care. Now that Starmergeddon is about to roll out the red carpet and force all of us to pay for this virtue signalling, I suspect there will be wooping of joy over in war-torn Calais as all those single men of fighting age, sorry, poor downtrodden terrified refugees fleeing the blitz of the northern French coast as they line up to come to this first safe haven they find. "

Lol

Brighton

No, but those of us who resent paying for economic migrants who travel through a number of safe countries because they know they will get more from the British taxpayer than our European counterparts care. Now that Starmergeddon is about to roll out the red carpet and force all of us to pay for this virtue signalling, I suspect there will be wooping of joy over in war-torn Calais as all those single men of fighting age, sorry, poor downtrodden terrified refugees fleeing the blitz of the northern French coast as they line up to come to this first safe haven they find. "

Pretty sure they get a better deal in Germany.

Don’t worry if France moves to the right they may leave Schengen and tighten their borders.

Brighton

FPTP sucks

I know they don't take their seats. reform 14% and 4 seats Lib Dems 12% 70 seats wtf the biggest winner is libdems never seen that coming "

I was an avid supporter of PR but overnight I have seen the light. FPTP is a wonder!!!!

in Lancashire

If you seriously believe Starmer isn't of a similar mindset to the centrists in the Tory party on that issue you've not been listening objectively..

Rwanda was a con, an expensive diversion to assuage the right of the Tories and it was never the solution but it tried to mask and deflect the failings of the results of austerity where the very essentials of the systems to deal with such things were slashed by Osborne and Cameron..

Starmer isn't Corbyn, and he's just been given a mandate based partly upon those seeing the failures of the Tories on the issue which have benefitted Reform..

Scrapping Rwanda is the only sensible way to try and sort what is a mess they've inherited..

milton keynes

No, but those of us who resent paying for economic migrants who travel through a number of safe countries because they know they will get more from the British taxpayer than our European counterparts care. Now that Starmergeddon is about to roll out the red carpet and force all of us to pay for this virtue signalling, I suspect there will be wooping of joy over in war-torn Calais as all those single men of fighting age, sorry, poor downtrodden terrified refugees fleeing the blitz of the northern French coast as they line up to come to this first safe haven they find.

If you seriously believe Starmer isn't of a similar mindset to the centrists in the Tory party on that issue you've not been listening objectively..

Rwanda was a con, an expensive diversion to assuage the right of the Tories and it was never the solution but it tried to mask and deflect the failings of the results of austerity where the very essentials of the systems to deal with such things were slashed by Osborne and Cameron..

Starmer isn't Corbyn, and he's just been given a mandate based partly upon those seeing the failures of the Tories on the issue which have benefitted Reform..

Scrapping Rwanda is the only sensible way to try and sort what is a mess they've inherited.."

They are both cheeks of the same arse, it’s why you have seen a mass movement of votes in 4 weeks to Reform.

I agree, Rwanda was a smokescreen. The real answer is stopping all payment, benefit and housing to illegal economic migrants and having a mechanism to log, record, and then returning those illegal migrants to French shores. This means pulling out of the ECHR and being prepapred to load landing craft to return them if that’s what it takes.

Do this for a short while and the pull factors of the UK will be less attractive and they will look elsewhere for the easiest location/best financial outcome/loosest enforcement regime.

By *loscouplegl3Couple 10 weeks ago

Gloucester

Scrapping Rwanda is the only sensible way to try and sort what is a mess they've inherited..

They are both cheeks of the same arse, it’s why you have seen a mass movement of votes in 4 weeks to Reform.

I agree, Rwanda was a smokescreen. The real answer is stopping all payment, benefit and housing to illegal economic migrants and having a mechanism to log, record, and then returning those illegal migrants to French shores. This means pulling out of the ECHR and being prepapred to load landing craft to return them if that’s what it takes.

Do this for a short while and the pull factors of the UK will be less attractive and they will look elsewhere for the easiest location/best financial outcome/loosest enforcement regime. "

You seem to be obsessed with Frances role regarding immigration. France is irrelevant. As soon as a the migrants declare their intended destination, whether there is one country or ten between them, then the destination is the only country that matters. That is basic UNHCR law. Which the UK has signed up to. Leaving ECHR won’t change anything but it will degrade our already shaken international standing even further.

What we should be doing is facilitating their arrival and get them working, building, staffing and contributing tax.

Also if it was just about money, both France and Germany pay more than we do to immigrants.

thornaby

Do this for a short while and the pull factors of the UK will be less attractive and they will look elsewhere for the easiest location/best financial outcome/loosest enforcement regime.

You seem to be obsessed with Frances role regarding immigration. France is irrelevant. As soon as a the migrants declare their intended destination, whether there is one country or ten between them, then the destination is the only country that matters. That is basic UNHCR law. Which the UK has signed up to. Leaving ECHR won’t change anything but it will degrade our already shaken international standing even further.

What we should be doing is facilitating their arrival and get them working, building, staffing and contributing tax.

Also if it was just about money, both France and Germany pay more than we do to immigrants."

so if it’s not about money why risk there lives and there kids lives to get here pls one good answer will do ?

By *ggdrasil66Man 10 weeks ago

Saltdean

FPTP sucks

I know they don't take their seats. reform 14% and 4 seats Lib Dems 12% 70 seats wtf the biggest winner is libdems never seen that coming

I was an avid supporter of PR but overnight I have seen the light. FPTP is a wonder!!!!"

Hypocrite! lol.

By *lfasoCouple 10 weeks ago

South East

John Major 1997 9,591,085 = Landslide defeat

Keir Starmer 2024 9,686,329 = Landslide Vicory

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

"John Major 1997 9,591,085 = Landslide defeat

Keir Starmer 2024 9,686,329 = Landslide Vicory"

fptp sucks, but there were more horses in this race.

in Lancashire

Also if it was just about money, both France and Germany pay more than we do to immigrants."

If the penny hasn't dropped that isolationism and small island thinking with some after the debacle of Brexit isn't the way to deal with global issues it possibly won't ever..

Cumbria

Also if it was just about money, both France and Germany pay more than we do to immigrants.so if it’s not about money why risk there lives and there kids lives to get here pls one good answer will do ?"

Probably best to ask the asylum seekers that.

Gloucester

Also if it was just about money, both France and Germany pay more than we do to immigrants.so if it’s not about money why risk there lives and there kids lives to get here pls one good answer will do ?"

Because they want to. Basic human choice.

By *astandFeistyCouple 10 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Do France and Germany continue to pay them more after gaining refugee status?

Include housing in that.

thornaby

Also if it was just about money, both France and Germany pay more than we do to immigrants.so if it’s not about money why risk there lives and there kids lives to get here pls one good answer will do ?

Because they want to. Basic human choice."

aw great risk kids lives because they want to basic human choice smashing

Gloucester

Also if it was just about money, both France and Germany pay more than we do to immigrants.

Include housing in that. "

Same as here. Until they are employed

Cumbria

Include housing in that. "

Germany does, unsure about France.

Gloucester

Also if it was just about money, both France and Germany pay more than we do to immigrants.so if it’s not about money why risk there lives and there kids lives to get here pls one good answer will do ?

Because they want to. Basic human choice.aw great risk kids lives because they want to basic human choice smashing "

Those bringing kids are a minority. Most are fit young guys looking for work. Luckily, that is exactly what we need.

Bournemouth

Include housing in that.

Germany does, unsure about France."

Can you show Germany figures? The other poster same it's the same as here.

Bournemouth

Include housing in that.

Same as here. Until they are employed "

Exactly the same amount in benefits?

Bournemouth

Because they want to. Basic human choice.aw great risk kids lives because they want to basic human choice smashing

Those bringing kids are a minority. Most are fit young guys looking for work. Luckily, that is exactly what we need."

Did you just admit most are economic migrants??

By *ostindreamsMan 10 weeks ago

London

"

Those bringing kids are a minority. Most are fit young guys looking for work. Luckily, that is exactly what we need."

Fit young guys, yes. Looking for work? No. Employment rate of people who got asylum claim approved and have right to work is about 51% and their average number of hours worked and salary are both lower than the national average.

Cumbria

Include housing in that.

Can you show Germany figures? The other poster same it's the same as here. "

Single refugees are entitled to €954 per month.

A single person with a child €1690 per month.

A couple is entitled to total of €1528 per month.

A couple with a child €2178 per month.

Increased payments are made if housing costs are high in a particular area. Water and heating are included in ‘warm rent’ in Germany.

Bournemouth

Include housing in that.

Increased payments are made if housing costs are high in a particular area. Water and heating are included in ‘warm rent’ in Germany."

That doesn't look like more on the face of it, I suppose factoring in water and heating makes it about even, but I do live in an expensive part of the country.

Cumbria

Include housing in that.

Increased payments are made if housing costs are high in a particular area. Water and heating are included in ‘warm rent’ in Germany.

That doesn't look like more on the face of it, I suppose factoring in water and heating makes it about even, but I do live in an expensive part of the country. "

Germany is around 21% cheaper to live in than the UK.

Gloucester

Because they want to. Basic human choice.aw great risk kids lives because they want to basic human choice smashing

Those bringing kids are a minority. Most are fit young guys looking for work. Luckily, that is exactly what we need.

Did you just admit most are economic migrants??"

‘Admit’… odd choice of word. That insinuates a guilt or innocence. Most are economic migrants. That isn’t a shocking new revelation. Most come here for work because they speak the language. Literally no problem with that.

We need workers for the health, agriculture, building etc that the British unemployed were given a chance to fill and didn’t. Too slow. So we’re back to needing foreign labour.

Again nothing new or shocking there. We’ve done it for centuries. And yet there’s always a minority that start shouting about having foreigners here. Hey ho. They’ll never learn.

Bournemouth

Include housing in that.

That doesn't look like more on the face of it, I suppose factoring in water and heating makes it about even, but I do live in an expensive part of the country.

Germany is around 21% cheaper to live in than the UK."

So they don't 'pay more' but its cheaper there? Why didn't you just say that I the first place?

Bournemouth

‘Admit’… odd choice of word. That insinuates a guilt or innocence. Most are economic migrants. That isn’t a shocking new revelation. Most come here for work because they speak the language. Literally no problem with that.

We need workers for the health, agriculture, building etc that the British unemployed were given a chance to fill and didn’t. Too slow. So we’re back to needing foreign labour.

Again nothing new or shocking there. We’ve done it for centuries. And yet there’s always a minority that start shouting about having foreigners here. Hey ho. They’ll never learn."

We're specifically talking about 'boat people' which we're constantly told are 'escaping war or persecution' ie. seeking asylum. Its constantly argued these people are most definitely not economic migrants. You're saying they are, but that you have no issue with that.

If they are economic migrants, then there are other routes available.

Gloucester

Again nothing new or shocking there. We’ve done it for centuries. And yet there’s always a minority that start shouting about having foreigners here. Hey ho. They’ll never learn.

We're specifically talking about 'boat people' which we're constantly told are 'escaping war or persecution' ie. seeking asylum. Its constantly argued these people are most definitely not economic migrants. You're saying they are, but that you have no issue with that.

If they are economic migrants, then there are other routes available. "

No there isn’t as most of them don’t have passports because a lot of countries restrict who they will issue passports to. So the illegal routes are the only routes.

Or if they go the official refugee route our last government sat on the process as long as possible. They thought dragging the process out as long as possible would put people of coming here which it didn’t. And we ended up with back logs and people put into hotels.

So basically as I said before, get them in quick, get them working, get them contributing.

Bournemouth

No there isn’t as most of them don’t have passports because a lot of countries restrict who they will issue passports to. So the illegal routes are the only routes.

Or if they go the official refugee route our last government sat on the process as long as possible. They thought dragging the process out as long as possible would put people of coming here which it didn’t. And we ended up with back logs and people put into hotels.

So basically as I said before, get them in quick, get them working, get them contributing."

If they don't have a passport that's their fucking problem.

The Refugee Convention is for people seeking asylum, not people who come here for work.

Gloucester

So basically as I said before, get them in quick, get them working, get them contributing.

The Refugee Convention is for people seeking asylum, not people who come here for work.

"

Bollox is it. You just don’t want foreigners coming here.

Bournemouth

Bollox is it. You just don’t want foreigners coming here."

Next you'll be calling me racist

Give your fucking head a wobble. We now want anyone to just rock up for work, invited or otherwise

By *exyusMan 10 weeks ago

halifax

Very low turnout and Labour won a landslide with 1% lower share of the vote than corbyn got - strange times!

thornaby

correct most of them are fit young lads and we know nothing about them lol wonder where all the women are then left back at home to rebuild there country maybe how come it’s mostly young men fleeing war and hunger ?

thornaby

Bollox is it. You just don’t want foreigners coming here."

why is it only you and another guy on here says foreigners? Does that make it sound like anyone against mass migration is racist pls don’t hold back speak your mind for once

Gloucester

Give your fucking head a wobble. We now want anyone to just rock up for work, invited or otherwise "

Well if the cap fits….

And yes. The economy needs the boost.

Because despite the Farage numpties, migrants are an economic boost. They like to focus on the exceptions who claim benefits and don’t work, but in the studies made pre-Brexit, migrants were a £30bn a year benefit to the exchequer. Bye bye now

By *ortyairCouple 10 weeks ago

Wallasey

Include housing in that.

That doesn't look like more on the face of it, I suppose factoring in water and heating makes it about even, but I do live in an expensive part of the country. "

UC and Housing benefit is around £1000 so I think Germany is more attractive from a financial view. Especially with the water and heating and the fact it's 21% cheaper to live there.

Mrs x

Bournemouth

Give your fucking head a wobble. We now want anyone to just rock up for work, invited or otherwise

Well if the cap fits….

And yes. The economy needs the boost.

Because despite the Farage numpties, migrants are an economic boost. They like to focus on the exceptions who claim benefits and don’t work, but in the studies made pre-Brexit, migrants were a £30bn a year benefit to the exchequer. Bye bye now"

You're just another leftie who's shouts racist when you can't win a debate

You've already been told that 'asylum seekers' are a net drain on the economy, you do know were speaking about 'asylum seekers' don't you?

This has been fucking hilarious

Bournemouth

Include housing in that.

That doesn't look like more on the face of it, I suppose factoring in water and heating makes it about even, but I do live in an expensive part of the country. UC and Housing benefit is around £1000 so I think Germany is more attractive from a financial view. Especially with the water and heating and the fact it's 21% cheaper to live there.

Mrs x"

I don't dispute Germany may be a more attractive place from a financial viewpoint. I was interested in the figures, which, despite to the posters claim, aren't actually higher in Germany.

By *ortyairCouple 10 weeks ago

Wallasey

Include housing in that.

That doesn't look like more on the face of it, I suppose factoring in water and heating makes it about even, but I do live in an expensive part of the country. UC and Housing benefit is around £1000 so I think Germany is more attractive from a financial view. Especially with the water and heating and the fact it's 21% cheaper to live there.

Mrs x

I don't dispute Germany may be a more attractive place from a financial viewpoint. I was interested in the figures, which, despite to the posters claim, aren't actually higher in Germany. "

How much are they in Germany then?

Mrs x

Bournemouth

Include housing in that.

Mrs x

I don't dispute Germany may be a more attractive place from a financial viewpoint. I was interested in the figures, which, despite to the posters claim, aren't actually higher in Germany. How much are they in Germany then?

Mrs x

"

The poster above wrote the figures.

By *eep_HeatMan 10 weeks ago

Cockington

Hilarious ….!

Amazing how people still clutch at the straws offered by a totally discredited regime-more people have come in since we ‘Took back control’ than anything like before…

The present labour party are actually grown up and able to work with european border agencies to actually do something -instead of just throwing bundles of cash at everything thinking it will work…!

golden fields

"Hilarious ….!

Amazing how people still clutch at the straws offered by a totally discredited regime-more people have come in since we ‘Took back control’ than anything like before…

The present labour party are actually grown up and able to work with european border agencies to actually do something -instead of just throwing bundles of cash at everything thinking it will work…!

"

Labour should reduce illegal immigration. Simply remove the biggest recruitment driver for Reform and the Tories. As soon as they can't blame foreigners for everything, what's left? A big bag of fuck all.

By *iscoman7771000Man 10 weeks ago

birmingham

All political parties are a waste of space

» Add a new message to this topic