FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Healthcare

Healthcare

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostindreams OP   Man 3 days ago

London

Replying to Birdldn's flurry of questions directed at me. I suggested getting rid of NHS and all other social welfare for UBI so that we can have a competitive healthcare sector, young people pay less for health insurance and save the extra UBI for things they care about.

"

Why should there be “competition” in healthcare?

"

To improve the quality of service and reducing wastage of Goods and labour.

"

Why does healthcare (ie the well being of the entire population of the country and the workforce) need to be a profit making business?

"

In case you don't know, it's already a profit making business, only indirectly. People who supply for NHS make profit. People who work for NHS make money. You are paying money and it goes somewhere. There ain't no such thing as free lunch. At least when there is good competition, you get good quality and efficient services in return.

"

Why shouldn’t it be a state provided service for the good of society?

"

Because the state is terrible at it, as with everything else. They don't have incentives to get it right. There are numerous issues on which elections are contested on. They can ignore NHS and focus on other issues to win elections.

"

Why should the profit motive drive patient outcomes?

"

Patient outcomes also drives profit. A doctor who gets good patient outcomes will get more patients queueing for him.

"

Again as per my other posts on this topic, what happens with pre-existing, hereditary, or lifestyle conditions?

"

There are insurances available for lifestyle conditions and preexisting conditions which may cost higher. We can definitely pay higher UBI for people with hereditary conditions or physical handicap.

"

Also if I may ask, your employer provided health insurance - does it cover the conditions above? Does it have an annual threshold on £ covered? Any exclusions?

"

There are exclusions around cosmetic surgeries, some allergic conditions more than one bone marrow transplant. Maximum limits are set for each type of condition individually. But no exclusion for long term health conditions.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otMe66Man 3 days ago

Terra Firma

Why should there be competition in healthcare?

Competition is the driving force behind advancements made by humans, and why we are so successful.

If the outlook is healthcare should not turn a profit, we will slip quietly back into the Victorian ages, while other countries around us exceed, ermmm hold on

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

» Add a new message to this topic