FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The yougov final poll

The yougov final poll

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man 3 days ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

For the sake of polls.. for this they apparently talked to 48,000 people….

Projection….

Labour to win 431 seats

Conservatives to win 102 seats

Lib Dem to win 71 seats

SNP to win 18 seats

Reform to win 3 seats

Greens to win 2 seat

I think the more interesting is the lowest/highest seat projection for each party

Lib Dem’s… lowest 57 highest 87

Conservatives… lowest 72 highest 180

Reform… lowest 0 highest 14

SNP… lowest 8 highest 35

Green.. lowest 0 highest 5

There are scenarios where the Lib Dem’s could be the official opposition….

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *vbride1963TV/TS 3 days ago

E.K . Glasgow

That would be very interesting if that occurred .

By *oxychick35Couple 3 days ago

thornaby

"For the sake of polls.. for this they apparently talked to 48,000 people….

Projection….

Labour to win 431 seats

Lib Dem to win 71 seats

SNP to win 18 seats

Reform to win 3 seats

Greens to win 2 seat

I think the more interesting is the lowest/highest seat projection for each party

SNP… lowest 8 highest 35

"

but what’s yr predictions _abio seen a poll that was %of votes had reform 20%cons16% I know that’s not the seats but it’s massive for politics if that’s how it turns out don’t ya think ?

By *eroy1000Man 3 days ago

milton keynes

"For the sake of polls.. for this they apparently talked to 48,000 people….

Projection….

Labour to win 431 seats

Lib Dem to win 71 seats

SNP to win 18 seats

Reform to win 3 seats

Greens to win 2 seat

SNP… lowest 8 highest 35

"

Quite a range there. Looks like a record breaking Labour majority come Friday. Lib dems being the official opposition could be interesting but at such a big majority for Labour it's basically no opposition at all

By *mateur100Man 3 days ago

nr faversham

Lib Dems polling 5% below Reform, getting 20-30 times the representation...no wonder they've shut up about PR

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 3 days ago

Hastings

[Removed by poster at 03/07/24 21:49:54]

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 3 days ago

golden fields

"Lib Dems polling 5% below Reform, getting 20-30 times the representation...no wonder they've shut up about PR"

"Ensure no politician can take you for granted, by introducing proportional

representation by the Single Transferable Vote for electing MPs, and local

councillors in England.". - Liberal Democrat election manifesto.

nr faversham

"Lib Dems polling 5% below Reform, getting 20-30 times the representation...no wonder they've shut up about PR

councillors in England.". - Liberal Democrat election manifesto."

Let's not turn this into another spat but the layman works on the assumption that you get MPs based on your percentage of the vote and I sure the lib dems argued that until it stopped benefitting them

golden fields

"Lib Dems polling 5% below Reform, getting 20-30 times the representation...no wonder they've shut up about PR

Let's not turn this into another spat but the layman works on the assumption that you get MPs based on your percentage of the vote and I sure the lib dems argued that until it stopped benefitting them"

We haven't had any spats. You accused me of a bunch of nonsense on a thread I wasn't involved in. I asked you to stop, you seem to have stopped.

My reply here was just to point out that the lib Dems are still promoting PR, including in their election manifesto.

nr faversham

Let's not turn this into another spat but the layman works on the assumption that you get MPs based on your percentage of the vote and I sure the lib dems argued that until it stopped benefitting them

We haven't had any spats. You accused me of a bunch of nonsense on a thread I wasn't involved in. I asked you to stop, you seem to have stopped.

My reply here was just to point out that the lib Dems are still promoting PR, including in their election manifesto."

We've had spats JTN. Any accusation directed at you on one thread related to another thread as well you know.

I'm pointing out that the current version of pr that the lib Dems is not the version of yesteryear to my recollection and the reason for that is obvious. Like it or lump it

golden fields

My reply here was just to point out that the lib Dems are still promoting PR, including in their election manifesto.

We've had spats JTN. Any accusation directed at you on one thread related to another thread as well you know. "

As long as you stop trying to name and shame me on some made up nonsense, on threads I'm not involved in. We're all good

"

I'm pointing out that the current version of pr that the lib Dems is not the version of yesteryear to my recollection and the reason for that is obvious. Like it or lump it"

I have no personal opinion of their preferred version of PR. As mentioned, just pointing out that they are promoting it.

By *enSiskoMan 3 days ago

Cestus 3

I hear that labour are on course to get 280 seats, we will all see tomorrow.

By *ggdrasil66Man 3 days ago

Saltdean

I hope not, the last thing we need in this country is another elected party with a huge majority. That is what we got with Johnson’s Tories and we all know how that went. We don’t want to be stuck with Labour for 14 bloody years.

By *enSiskoMan 2 days ago

Cestus 3

"I hope not, the last thing we need in this country is another elected party with a huge majority. That is what we got with Johnson’s Tories and we all know how that went. We don’t want to be stuck with Labour for 14 bloody years."

My thoughts exactly, but I fear that's what is going to happen.

By *AFKA HovisMan 2 days ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"I hope not, the last thing we need in this country is another elected party with a huge majority. That is what we got with Johnson’s Tories and we all know how that went. We don’t want to be stuck with Labour for 14 bloody years."
they did the square root of fuck all and got voted out at the first opportunity.

If we have labour for 14 years it's because that's what we would have voted for 3 times !

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 2 days ago

in Lancashire

"I hope not, the last thing we need in this country is another elected party with a huge majority. That is what we got with Johnson’s Tories and we all know how that went. We don’t want to be stuck with Labour for 14 bloody years.they did the square root of fuck all and got voted out at the first opportunity.

If we have labour for 14 years it's because that's what we would have voted for 3 times ! "

This..

Been said before that oppositions don't win elections, incumbents lose them..

Happened to a point in 2010 but the Conservatives still had to scramble around and coerce the Lib Dems..

I think this time (and tend to agree that a massive majority isn't the best for keeping a government in check) there will be no need to form a coalition as the Tories really have reached the end of this sorry chapter..

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 2 days ago

Cumbria

Psychologically I would love for the Tories to get under 100 seats, that would indicate a massive low for them.

By *hawn ScottMan 2 days ago

london Brixton

A haven't voted yet and was either and wasn't going to bother as I really have no faith in any party.

Was considering just drawing a dick around the reform canidate (hey I'm an anarcist)

Or voting for

The pirate Party or The Dungeons and Dragons party (if they are still going)

Might Vote Lib dems now????? Not that it will make much of a differce, Lambeth is labour town and get about £60% of the votes every GE

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 2 days ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Honestly, no matter who ends up as the main opposition, be it Reform, Greens, or LibDems, it will be a good start at ending this rediculously Blue Labour/ Red Labour nonsense.

By *eroy1000Man 2 days ago

milton keynes

"I hear that labour are on course to get 280 seats, we will all see tomorrow."

That sounds on the low side to some predictions I have read which show Labour above 400 seats. Maybe the meant a majority of 280, just a guess

» Add a new message to this topic