FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Rave politics

Rave politics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxes OP   Man 4 days ago

Southend, Essex

Why is rave so intwined with politcs in Europe?

The rave era in the UK changed music challenged invidulism and Thacturism. Twas a subculture for unity and livberty But according to some like Alon Shulman, Brian Cox, Paul Oackenfold, Carl Cox, Namcy Noise is was politics with a small p.

This seemingly conter to what happened on the continent. In Germany what started as hip-hop parties in the east. Turbed into raves. They sought to undemine Comunism. Techno holds great culteral significance in Germany or more specifically Berlin. Because that is what they were playing when they were tearing down the Berlin Wall. From 91-94 there was a second wave of rave. Many of the current big nightclubs like tressor and Berghain formily Osgut started life in the abandoned derelict no man's land where the wall used to stand, as illegal raves, gay clubs and sex clubs.

In Russia the infamouse Gagarin party held in moscow December 1991 helped to bring down the soviet union. Currently in places like the DDPR and Luhansk Republic. Since people break curfew in order to hold a gathering.

In Ukraine, Cxema was born out of 2014 annexing of Crimea and the rise of the fat right. Cxema promotes sex positivity, liberty and equality. And ravers were often dressed in an unusual Gosha Inspired dress. cxema regularly hit 10k party goers and was linked with Boilerroom. 2018 was the last rave where the pandemic and the subsequent invasion Halted revelry.

None the less many of the former Cxema's now either work for the government in prooerganda and raising money holding blackout parties or as one charity does. Rebuilds villages and as payback due the volenteers time they host a rave.

Meanwhile in Georgia 2015 the Bassiani nightclub in an old swimming pool underneath the national stadia got raided subsequently other nightclubs too got raided. This sparked a protest rave on the streets of Tiblisi. Age of Love became an anthem of protest which angered and offended the far right and the Orthodox church. Georgia has one of the most strictest drug laws in the world. The far right and the clergy started a counter protest and started a riot attacking the Tbilisi pride festival. Dancing or shall I say a lack of dancing has now become a act of protest.

Why has Rave not become more political over here and why is Rave so associated with politics on the continent?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irldnCouple 4 days ago

Brighton

Very interesting and not something I had considered previously (was too off my head)

Southend, Essex

"Very interesting and not something I had considered previously (was too off my head)"

ACEEEEEDDD!

Southend, Essex

"Very interesting and not something I had considered previously (was too off my head)"

Maybe people just wanted to dance and did not think of the politics.

By *oxes OP   Man 3 days ago

Southend, Essex

Was rave ever political in the UK?

By *etmelicku69Man 3 days ago

clacton on sea

The only time i thought rave got political was when they banned open air gatherings.

I remember the councils went after garage nights in the early 2000's because of the violence.

By *oxes OP   Man 2 days ago

Southend, Essex

"The only time i thought rave got political was when they banned open air gatherings.

I remember the councils went after garage nights in the early 2000's because of the violence."

Didn't they do something similar to Grime nights in London?

» Add a new message to this topic