FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Was Nigel Farage set up?

Was Nigel Farage set up?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *an DeLyon OP   Man 4 weeks ago

County Durham

Fake video of a racist volunteer actor.?

BBC question time audience set up?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *idnight RamblerMan 4 weeks ago

Pershore

Not sure, but it ain't good if the BBC and C4 are colluding to discredit a political party a week before a GE. Those organisations are there to report the news, not make it. It's certainly a coincidence that the C4 racism story was released on the day of Farage's appearance on BBC QT.

By (user no longer on site) 4 weeks ago

"Fake video of a racist volunteer actor.?

"

I guess either the Channel 4 guy was acting at the behest of Channel 4 in which case it’s obviously a set up, or otherwise he won’t be working again because of his racist comments.

By *rucking-HellMan 4 weeks ago

Northampton

Something was definitely absurd about it - a Reform campaigner saying those horrendous things to total strangers, in Farage's constituency 6 days before the election, and Channel 4 reporters just happening to run into him of all people. Even Nick Griffin (remember him?) wouldn't have been half that outrageous or unlucky. It's obviously an orchestrated smear campaign.

What's less clear is who is behind it. My opinion, for what it's worth, is that Andrew Parker himself infiltrated Reform a long time ago with a clear intention to pull a stunt like this whenever the election was called - perhaps in his heart he is a left-wing activist. As far as I know a production company paid him, then Channel 4 bought the footage. It could have been a collusion amongst Parker and Channel 4, and Channel 4 could perhaps distance themselves by claiming it merely bought 3rd party footage, or not. Who knows?

But it is an obvious smear.

Ironically, it might boost Reform's support.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 4 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Straws being clutched rather than accept that reform is the home of the ex bnp types unsurprisingly given their 'leaders' history and their bile was only ever going to leak out..

I suppose the three candidates Farage binned where all plants too?

Plus the list that the Spectator published of the other racists..?

By *AFKA HovisMan 4 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Hasn't the actor denied being paid and said he was reform?

He's an actor because he's a member of equity. However he's hit about three unnamed creditson IMDb. He's basically an extra.

He could be a stooge. And everyone was dumb AF by using his name.

Or he was employed by reform as they didn't have enough help and he went too far in his role.

Or he is a reform supporter who just happens to be an actor.

But either which way, he was one of three people who were scooped.

One other made homophobic comments.

And the other claimed that reform had massively overspent in Clapham.

Whether C4 did or didn't set up the actor, reform have enough characters to not need a stitch up. In fact the actor story helps reform ...

By *9alMan 4 weeks ago

Bridgend

it does look a bit set up but reform did not challenge his behavior so they were OK with it until it was published/filmed ?

By *ophieslutTV/TS 4 weeks ago

Central

Occam's razor would likely conclude that the Reform party has been fairly well reflected in the coverage and that the renowned audience quota was well balanced.

They won't appeal to most and many may find them distasteful, especially since they appear to have had some very unsavoury members amongst them.

I'd stick with the Occam's razor approach, rather than some convoluted silly conspiracy

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 4 weeks ago

nearby

Doesn’t seem to have made any difference looking at the polls.

Still on for 5.5million+ votes

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 4 weeks ago

golden fields

[Removed by poster at 30/06/24 16:32:30]

golden fields

"

Why would that one singular racist be an actor? Seems pointless when the party is packed to the rafters with people saying stuff like that.

golden fields

"Something was definitely absurd about it - a Reform campaigner saying those horrendous things to total strangers, in Farage's constituency 6 days before the election, and Channel 4 reporters just happening to run into him of all people. Even Nick Griffin (remember him?) wouldn't have been half that outrageous or unlucky. It's obviously an orchestrated smear campaign.

What's less clear is who is behind it. My opinion, for what it's worth, is that Andrew Parker himself infiltrated Reform a long time ago with a clear intention to pull a stunt like this whenever the election was called - perhaps in his heart he is a left-wing activist. As far as I know a production company paid him, then Channel 4 bought the footage. It could have been a collusion amongst Parker and Channel 4, and Channel 4 could perhaps distance themselves by claiming it merely bought 3rd party footage, or not. Who knows?

Ironically, it might boost Reform's support. "

Definitely, there's a portion of the electorate that are attracted to the racists in Reform.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Why would that one singular racist be an actor? Seems pointless when the party is packed to the rafters with people saying stuff like that.

"

and if you don't believe Jonny, worth noting a reform candidate seems to have confirmed it.

golden fields

and if you don't believe Jonny, worth noting a reform candidate seems to have confirmed it. "

A reform candidate said that one of the Reform campaigners who said racist stuff was a plant?

Seems solid.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

and if you don't believe Jonny, worth noting a reform candidate seems to have confirmed it.

A reform candidate said that one of the Reform campaigners who said racist stuff was a plant?

Seems solid. "

Liam Booth-Isherwood, the Reform UK candidate for Erewash, said there is a “significant moral issue” in parts of the party following what he called “reports of widespread racism and sexism”.

He added the failure of the party’s leadership to address the issue means he no longer wants to be associated with it.

golden fields

Seems solid. Liam Booth-Isherwood, the Reform UK candidate for Erewash, said there is a “significant moral issue” in parts of the party following what he called “reports of widespread racism and sexism”.

He added the failure of the party’s leadership to address the issue means he no longer wants to be associated with it."

Oh got you, apologies, I misunderstood your meaning.

By *an DeLyon OP   Man 4 weeks ago

County Durham

"

As mentioned.. it's extremy racist and very very coincidental.

By *enSiskoMan 4 weeks ago

Cestus 3

"

The other day I posted that in my time there where 3 channels, newspapers and the radio, pretty easy to control the narrative.

Now the internet causes issues as the narrative cannot be controlled, so muddy the waters with other views and opinions and alternative narratives and no one knows the truth.

I have never known C4 to do such things they have no track record for stitching people up, and I have watched many of their documentaries over the years.

By *usybee73Man 4 weeks ago

in the sticks

The other day I posted that in my time there where 3 channels, newspapers and the radio, pretty easy to control the narrative.

Now the internet causes issues as the narrative cannot be controlled, so muddy the waters with other views and opinions and alternative narratives and no one knows the truth.

I have never known C4 to do such things they have no track record for stitching people up, and I have watched many of their documentaries over the years."

Interesting you say say about ch4, not having a pop at you, but didn't ch4 do a documentary on Russell brand? Lots of allegations, reports of crimes ... yet not much from plod?

Imho a bit of a coincidence it was done at this stage, if set up ... who gains from it?

By *hawn ScottMan 4 weeks ago

london Brixton

Why would anyone go to the trouble of paying an extra and risk serious repercussions to try and smear a political party who will win 5 seats if they are lucky.

Just belive he was a nut job or maybe saw it as an opportunity to get his 15 mins of fame.

But farage will play this to his advantage

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

All the details will come out in a week when it's too late.

Legal threats will fall away.

Ditto vetting.com

london Brixton

Wonder what will happen if he wins the clacton seat?

Will he do his job and keep the promises he made to Constituents.

Or will he step down after a few months work to start shouting from the sidelines again?

He's a bit like a dog chasing a car, wouldn't know what to do if he caught it.

I actually hope he wins!

By *roadShoulderzMan 4 weeks ago

Petersfield

"Why would anyone go to the trouble of paying an extra and risk serious repercussions to try and smear a political party who will win 5 seats if they are lucky.

Just belive he was a nut job or maybe saw it as an opportunity to get his 15 mins of fame.

But farage will play this to his advantage "

Yes Reform won't win many seats, if any, but it's the percentage of the national vote they are going for. If, as predicted they win more votes than the Lib Dems who might get 50 seats, and they get one or two, then the democracy shit hits the fan, and Farage will capitalise on this.

Hence why the Clacton affair just might have been a setup.

By *wosmilersCouple 4 weeks ago

Heathrowish

There are so many things that have happened during this election season, that are even more outrageous than plot lines from "The Thick Of It".

By *loscouplegl3Couple 4 weeks ago

Gloucester

"Something was definitely absurd about it - a Reform campaigner saying those horrendous things to total strangers, in Farage's constituency 6 days before the election, and Channel 4 reporters just happening to run into him of all people. Even Nick Griffin (remember him?) wouldn't have been half that outrageous or unlucky. It's obviously an orchestrated smear campaign.

Ironically, it might boost Reform's support. "

I think it might boost it as well. Sadly there is still a regressive caveman element that want us to go back to the type of nonsense Reform peddle

I caught a snippet of Reform’s latest big donor Zia Yusuf speaking at their shindig at the NEC earlier today.

I guess that’s what all the white racists are calling themselves nowadays.

Apparently latest polling puts Reform ahead of the LibDems in terms of popularity with ethnic minorities.

Unsurprisingly Reform’s polling is generally stable or heading upwards, seems to be between 16 and 21%.

If only we’d had any experience of whether shouting “racist” at every opportunity had any effect on voting intention. It’s almost like the Very Clever People are actually complete dimwits.

golden fields

"I caught a snippet of Reform’s latest big donor Zia Yusuf speaking at their shindig at the NEC earlier today.

Apparently latest polling puts Reform ahead of the LibDems in terms of popularity with ethnic minorities.

Unsurprisingly Reform’s polling is generally stable or heading upwards, seems to be between 16 and 21%.

If only we’d had any experience of whether shouting “racist” at every opportunity had any effect on voting intention. It’s almost like the Very Clever People are actually complete dimwits."

Why should people not speak up when a political party with dodgy views has lots of racists amongst their ranks?

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"I caught a snippet of Reform’s latest big donor Zia Yusuf speaking at their shindig at the NEC earlier today.

If only we’d had any experience of whether shouting “racist” at every opportunity had any effect on voting intention. It’s almost like the Very Clever People are actually complete dimwits."

tbf both libs and reform poll low. Greens are the third biggest party!

More suprisngly given the results is Ed Balls polls more favourably. And Farage polls very unfavourably.

It appears reform appeals strongly to about 7pc of the ethnic population. And likely polls badly with 70 plus.

Interestingly he /reform poll better with those born outside of UK than those born here. Including on immigration!

golden fields

If only we’d had any experience of whether shouting “racist” at every opportunity had any effect on voting intention. It’s almost like the Very Clever People are actually complete dimwits.tbf both libs and reform poll low. Greens are the third biggest party!

More suprisngly given the results is Ed Balls polls more favourably. And Farage polls very unfavourably.

It appears reform appeals strongly to about 7pc of the ethnic population. And likely polls badly with 70 plus.

Interestingly he /reform poll better with those born outside of UK than those born here. Including on immigration! "

'pull the ladder up'

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 4 weeks ago

Cumbria

I dunno, what’s more likely…

A party with a track record of activists being racist has a racist activist,

Or

Channel 4 pay some bloke who has been an extra in about three things, to infiltrate Reform in the hope that there will be an election that Nige lFarage will stand in, at some point?

By *entleman of FortuneMan 4 weeks ago

Hull

They've had to get rid of loads already and reform voters think someone plus always trying to frame Farage. Not everyone who votes reform is racist - but loads are then others like simple answers to complex questions and that's scary. He's not been set up they attract those kind of people, it's a LTD company set up to grab power and dismantle Britain like the vulture capitalist they are.

By *havennaturistsCouple 4 weeks ago

Banff

If you think Reform is devious and racist, have a look at the Plymouth Brethren Christian Churchwho are clearly in cahoots with the Tory Party.

Ask yourselves how an organisation with 55,000 members worldwide is worth in excess of £18 billion.

Who do you think bought BoJo's house in Brightwell cum Sotwell for him?

If only we’d had any experience of whether shouting “racist” at every opportunity had any effect on voting intention. It’s almost like the Very Clever People are actually complete dimwits.

Why should people not speak up when a political party with dodgy views has lots of racists amongst their ranks?"

I must have missed the bit where you called out all the Hamas apologists in the Green Party.

london Brixton

"If you think Reform is devious and racist, have a look at the Plymouth Brethren Christian Churchwho are clearly in cahoots with the Tory Party.

Ask yourselves how an organisation with 55,000 members worldwide is worth in excess of £18 billion.

Who do you think bought BoJo's house in Brightwell cum Sotwell for him?"

So youre saying other pollitions, lie, have side projects that avoid tax and get funded by donors.

Even Boris Johnson?

NO WAY!

By *mateur100Man 4 weeks ago

nr faversham

Why should people not speak up when a political party with dodgy views has lots of racists amongst their ranks?"

Like the labour party? Anti semitism rife on the left isn't it?

By *lainJane23Woman 4 weeks ago

Liverpool

What have i missed !

"What have i missed !"

Some people who support political parties that have a history of antisemitism and sympathy for Islamic terrorists are calling everyone else racist.

Quality debate.

golden fields

Why should people not speak up when a political party with dodgy views has lots of racists amongst their ranks?

I must have missed the bit where you called out all the Hamas apologists in the Green Party."

Good to see you've moved on from "what about Labour" to a radically new tactic "what about the Greens"

Excellent work.

golden fields

Like the labour party? Anti semitism rife on the left isn't it?"

Ahh back to the classic "what about Labour". Feels familiar, like a hug.

By *rand Central CoupleCouple 4 weeks ago

Glasgow

FACTS: The guy is not an actor. He is registered with an agency that hires film and television extras - as are lots of people with zero acting ability

He has been photographed involved in Reform Party street activism long before this incident.

OPINION Farage is trying to intimidate and waste time and money of mainstream money so as to force them to broadcast his message without comment or criticism and with a false sense of ‘balance’

By *anJenny 181Couple 4 weeks ago

Preston

The general erection will be over and done with soon and far-age will crawl back under whatever stone he came from with his 15% or so of the so called popularist vote, tail between his legs looking for a cuddle from Tommy Robinson.

Reform the PLC company let's be clear it's not a political party but a public limited company,

It will of received some big donations & raised it's profile - ready for the 3 or 4 directors to cash in when they close the company down

It might be soon it might be in a few years time but it's simply a cash cow for some outspoken stock brokers

By *piritualBlackBWW1979Woman 4 weeks ago

Medway

"

Racist people like this exist and are constantly caught in public saying horrendous things. It's not a set up. If this was the only thing, then I could understand why people thought this to be a set up. However, it's not. The party attracts racists, so this was bound to happen. As a non-white person, this hasn't surprised me. What saddens me is that people are still using people's differences to cause division, which takes attention away from the people who are really causing the problems.

london Brixton

Like the labour party? Anti semitism rife on the left isn't it?"

Are you asking or telling? I really can't be bothered googleing on individal people however what Jeremy Corbyn was known for

A murial was painted in the Tower Hamlets in 2012 that featured

the Rothschilds, Rockefellers and the Morgans

These familes formed the first banking cartel and are regarded as the founders of Capitilism.

Corbyn supported the mural as obviously he is a socialist and anti-capitalist.

He organised a protest when the council came to remove it.

All 3 familes are Jewish,

Take what you want from that

By *ikeSM23Man 4 weeks ago

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 30/06/24 23:28:15]

Manchester

"

Farage = trump and the maga freakshow. Any of them receiving bad publicity immediately spin it’s a conspiracy against them by ‘big state’ blah, blah. They all need to fucking grow up and stop behaving like delicate little snowflakes. Wind back their crying that mainstream is against them and stop using social media to brainwash the gullible and ignorant.

london Brixton

Farage = trump and the maga freakshow. Any of them receiving bad publicity immediately spin it’s a conspiracy against them by ‘big state’ blah, blah. They all need to fucking grow up and stop behaving like delicate little snowflakes. Wind back their crying that mainstream is against them and stop using social media to brainwash the gullible and ignorant."

Fun fact the term "snowflake" was first used to refer to the people in the USA that protested against slivery.

last word is spelled wrong,

golden fields

Farage = trump and the maga freakshow. Any of them receiving bad publicity immediately spin it’s a conspiracy against them by ‘big state’ blah, blah. They all need to fucking grow up and stop behaving like delicate little snowflakes. Wind back their crying that mainstream is against them and stop using social media to brainwash the gullible and ignorant."

In defence of Trump and Farage. It works, people buy into it. Large sections of the electorate (about 16%) just aren't interested beyond headlines, over simplistic solutions to complex problems, and therefore vote accordingly.

Manchester

Farage = trump and the maga freakshow. Any of them receiving bad publicity immediately spin it’s a conspiracy against them by ‘big state’ blah, blah. They all need to fucking grow up and stop behaving like delicate little snowflakes. Wind back their crying that mainstream is against them and stop using social media to brainwash the gullible and ignorant.

In defence of Trump and Farage. It works, people buy into it. Large sections of the electorate (about 16%) just aren't interested beyond headlines, over simplistic solutions to complex problems, and therefore vote accordingly.

16% = gullible and ignorant

By *rucking-HellMan 4 weeks ago

Northampton

Racist people like this exist and are constantly caught in public saying horrendous things. It's not a set up. If this was the only thing, then I could understand why people thought this to be a set up. However, it's not. The party attracts racists, so this was bound to happen. As a non-white person, this hasn't surprised me. What saddens me is that people are still using people's differences to cause division, which takes attention away from the people who are really causing the problems. "

Of all the constituencies, it was Clacton, Farage's constituency. Of all the people to run into, it was a channel 4 undercover reporter. Of all the days, it was 6 days before the election. Don't you think all this is far too coincidental? It almost seems precisely by design for maximum smear.

He even suggested turning all mosques into Wetherspoons. That's an absurdly farcical thing to say. He used the p word with strangers, something even the real far right wouldn't be stupid enough to do. He pulled all the stops out for maximum shock and smear.

He has a website showcasing his voices. He specialises in undercover work. He has admitted this.

I'm sure he's a motivated left wing activist who simply played the long game until his inevitable moment. Literally nobody talks that way. Not in the pub, at work, amongst friends, yet alone whilst campaigning for a new political party, especially in today's World.

nearby

"The general erection will be over and done with soon and far-age will crawl back under whatever stone he came from with his 15% or so of the so called popularist vote, tail between his legs looking for a cuddle from Tommy Robinson.

Reform the PLC company let's be clear it's not a political party but a public limited company,

It will of received some big donations & raised it's profile - ready for the 3 or 4 directors to cash in when they close the company down

It might be soon it might be in a few years time but it's simply a cash cow for some outspoken stock brokers

"

5.5 million odd anticipated votes is not insignificant

Its support is growing not decreasing

Farage delivered 17 million votes for the Tory brexit.

I must have missed the bit where you called out all the Hamas apologists in the Green Party.

Good to see you've moved on from "what about Labour" to a radically new tactic "what about the Greens"

Excellent work."

What’s happened to the Greens?

Wiped out in the beloved EU. Bumbling along on 6% in the UK. Don’t people realise that the world is about to end!

Be a bunch of thick racists and there you are on 21%. But if you are gaggle of low IQ fantasists who can’t get a quote for a heat pump you can’t get a look in.

Still, it must be nice for the Greens that they are finally getting some people along to their meetings who aren’t white. Bit disruptive unfortunately when they keep leaping up and shouting “Allahu Akbar” when you are discussing why nobody at the meeting has a Tesla or a heat pump.

By *enSiskoMan 4 weeks ago

Cestus 3

I have never known C4 to do such things they have no track record for stitching people up, and I have watched many of their documentaries over the years.

Interesting you say say about ch4, not having a pop at you, but didn't ch4 do a documentary on Russell brand? Lots of allegations, reports of crimes ... yet not much from plod?

Imho a bit of a coincidence it was done at this stage, if set up ... who gains from it? "

Russell Brand admitting being over the top in his younger years, but he states everything was consensual , and any allegations that say otherwise are false.

Police couldn't prove otherwise, so c4 were not wrong in their allegations, they were reporting it.

I would say labour were gaining from this as they are losing votes to reform, interested to hear what you think

Cumbria

Racist people like this exist and are constantly caught in public saying horrendous things. It's not a set up. If this was the only thing, then I could understand why people thought this to be a set up. However, it's not. The party attracts racists, so this was bound to happen. As a non-white person, this hasn't surprised me. What saddens me is that people are still using people's differences to cause division, which takes attention away from the people who are really causing the problems.

Of all the constituencies, it was Clacton, Farage's constituency. Of all the people to run into, it was a channel 4 undercover reporter. Of all the days, it was 6 days before the election. Don't you think all this is far too coincidental? It almost seems precisely by design for maximum smear.

He even suggested turning all mosques into Wetherspoons. That's an absurdly farcical thing to say. He used the p word with strangers, something even the real far right wouldn't be stupid enough to do. He pulled all the stops out for maximum shock and smear.

He has a website showcasing his voices. He specialises in undercover work. He has admitted this.

I'm sure he's a motivated left wing activist who simply played the long game until his inevitable moment. Literally nobody talks that way. Not in the pub, at work, amongst friends, yet alone whilst campaigning for a new political party, especially in today's World.

"

No one has any interest in any of the other Reform candidates, this accounts for not only why he was there (it’s where Reform are piling huge amounts of their resources), it’s why Channel 4 were there, Farage is the big story. Reform is widely known to attract racists, so if you want to find racists in Reform then you go to where most of the Reform resource is.

Reform activist being racist is dog bites man, it’s like Tory turns out to be corrupt, it’s not news. Dig owned by famous person bites man is news, however, and hanging around Farage’s supporters waiting for someone to be racist is the closest thing to a certainty you can find.

No one needs to run the risk of setting Reform up, all you need to do is wait 5 minutes and there will be some racism.

golden fields

Excellent work.

Wiped out in the beloved EU. Bumbling along on 6% in the UK. Don’t people realise that the world is about to end!

Be a bunch of thick racists and there you are on 21%. But if you are gaggle of low IQ fantasists who can’t get a quote for a heat pump you can’t get a look in.

Still, it must be nice for the Greens that they are finally getting some people along to their meetings who aren’t white. Bit disruptive unfortunately when they keep leaping up and shouting “Allahu Akbar” when you are discussing why nobody at the meeting has a Tesla or a heat pump."

What about Labour?

golden fields

Of all the constituencies, it was Clacton, Farage's constituency. Of all the people to run into, it was a channel 4 undercover reporter. Of all the days, it was 6 days before the election. Don't you think all this is far too coincidental? It almost seems precisely by design for maximum smear. "

But what would be the point, it's not like this was an isolated incident. The party is packed full of people like this. It would be like sneaking a turd into a sewage works.

"

He even suggested turning all mosques into Wetherspoons. That's an absurdly farcical thing to say.

"

On par with the level of some of the other policies Reform have.

"

He used the p word with strangers, something even the real far right wouldn't be stupid enough to do. He pulled all the stops out for maximum shock and smear.

"

But what would be the point of this extremely elaborate ploy? It's a ridiculous "long game", with absolutely zero to be achieved.

Excellent work.

Still, it must be nice for the Greens that they are finally getting some people along to their meetings who aren’t white. Bit disruptive unfortunately when they keep leaping up and shouting “Allahu Akbar” when you are discussing why nobody at the meeting has a Tesla or a heat pump.

What about Labour?"

Quite. What about Labour?

You spend all your time talking about Reform.

Congratulations on providing so much free publicity.

By *altenkommandoMan 4 weeks ago

milton keynes

"I

'pull the ladder up'"

Ahh now you see the liberal hive-mind in action. If the 2nd and 3rd generation immigrant community don’t appreciate who they owe their allegiance to then they are the wrong type of immigrant. I mean, what right do immigrants have to recognise the destabilisation of their own communities and economic security by the policies persued by their white, wealthy, liberal saviours? The ingrates!

golden fields

Excellent work.

What about Labour?

Congratulations on providing so much free publicity."

What about the Lib Dems?

golden fields

"I

'pull the ladder up'

Ahh now you see the liberal hive-mind in action. If the 2nd and 3rd generation immigrant community don’t appreciate who they owe their allegiance to then they are the wrong type of immigrant. I mean, what right do immigrants have to recognise the destabilisation of their own communities and economic security by the policies persued by their white, wealthy, liberal saviours? The ingrates! "

That's right only the "liberal hive mind" isn't sucked into the anti-immigrant propaganda.

This place gets more ridiculous by the day.

Excellent work.

What about Labour?

What about the Lib Dems?"

Looking forward to seeing some condemnation from you of the antisemitism that is sadly rife in our society.

You seem very quiet about it. Not sure why.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"

I don't but writing of this being a legitimate set of events because it's all too coincidental.

Let's assume he was a legit reform advocate.

Reform are pushing hard for Clacton. They have an open invitation to all reform supporters to canvas there this week. So it it plausible a big supporter ends there.

Channel 4 were always going to do their investigation into Clacton for obvious reasons.

Channel 4 spoke to many people. After all they got a story on three. Therefore if there was a person with string views, chances are they'd find them.

Refoem becamen bigger news when Farage came back. It takes time to do undercover, so given time will have to pass from his shock return to a shock election, it's not a suprise any story breaks close to the election date.

I'm not saying it isn't a set up. Although there are howls on this story too (why use your real name, how did reform, who can't vet their candidates, manage to find out he was an actor so quick?)

Or (my guess) reform hired him as they needed help and he went OTT in character.

But I'd not rule out that this is actually a legit story because imo that stacks up too.

golden fields

Excellent work.

What about Labour?

What about the Lib Dems?

Looking forward to seeing some condemnation from you of the antisemitism that is sadly rife in our society.

You seem very quiet about it. Not sure why."

What about Plaid Cymru?

By *anifestoMan 4 weeks ago

ferns

Not a setup imo. The party is riddled with racists. Also, for Reform UK Limited, when and similar news surfaces Farage is very skillful at playing the victim as he has done so many times in the past.

Cumbria

"Not a setup imo. The party is riddled with racists. Also, for Reform UK Limited, when and similar news surfaces Farage is very skillful at playing the victim as he has done so many times in the past.

"

This is a good point, there are very few people as skilled at being a professional victim than Farage, he learned at the feet of Trump, or was it the other way round?

By *aunchyrabbitsCouple 4 weeks ago

West Dorset

[Removed by poster at 01/07/24 09:15:11]

By *oxychick35Couple 4 weeks ago

thornaby

It was a set up I know it’s hard for some on here but it is what it is A set up lol

By *irldnCouple 4 weeks ago

Brighton

"It was a set up I know it’s hard for some on here but it is what it is A set up lol"

Was it set up by C4 though or was this more unilateral in the way comedians like Simon Bodkin operates? ie almost real alter egos?

golden fields

"It was a set up I know it’s hard for some on here but it is what it is A set up lol"

To what end, what would be the point?

nearby

All this is great publicity for reform

Every forum/comments/HYS everywhere is dominated by reform

"It was a set up I know it’s hard for some on here but it is what it is A set up lol

Was it set up by C4 though or was this more unilateral in the way comedians like Simon Bodkin operates? ie almost real alter egos?"

Are you saying the guy is a comedian?

Either it was a setup by Channel 4.

Or this actor is a racist.

Either way it doesn’t seem like he’s made a very good career choice, given the biases of the media.

thornaby

"It was a set up I know it’s hard for some on here but it is what it is A set up lol

To what end, what would be the point?"

to outrage ppl just look at your posts for example

nearby

Far right on 33% in France

Fridays results will be interesting here

golden fields

To what end, what would be the point?to outrage ppl just look at your posts for example "

I'm not outraged. And even if I was, why would anyone go to all that trouble, with all that forward planning, to outrage someone who isn't going tomvote for Reform anyway.

To what end, what would be the point?to outrage ppl just look at your posts for example

I'm not outraged. And even if I was, why would anyone go to all that trouble, with all that forward planning, to outrage someone who isn't going tomvote for Reform anyway. "

Are you sure? Reform certainly seems to live in your head, given the amount of time you devote to it on this forum.

golden fields

To what end, what would be the point?to outrage ppl just look at your posts for example

I'm not outraged. And even if I was, why would anyone go to all that trouble, with all that forward planning, to outrage someone who isn't going tomvote for Reform anyway.

Are you sure?"

Yes

"

Reform certainly seems to live in your head, given the amount of time you devote to it on this forum."

No

Any comments on why someone would go to all this effort and forward planning to outrage someone who isn't outraged and who isn't going to vote for Reform anyway?

thornaby

Are you sure?

Yes

Reform certainly seems to live in your head, given the amount of time you devote to it on this forum.

No

Any comments on why someone would go to all this effort and forward planning to outrage someone who isn't outraged and who isn't going to vote for Reform anyway?"

so you don’t think it’s a set up to try and ruin reform omg man lmao

in Lancashire

It 'might' have been but more likely give the amount of similar language uncovered by literally every mainstream television and print media organisation it's just which type of person has chosen reform as the next go to set up by farage..

Would you say the other three that Farage binned on Friday were also set ups, plants?

Plus you don't need to look far to see how many others have been exposed..

The guy shouting the homophobia and talking about police under Farage being paramilitaries has been with him since ukip..

It's an easy cop out to ignore the reality of what some think to blame that on the media, Tories have been doing that and it's not really working for them..

thornaby

I’m sick of saying it but every party as bad apples but the mainstream are going after reform because there a major threat to the other two things are changing and some ppl can’t handle change

Are you sure?

Yes

Reform certainly seems to live in your head, given the amount of time you devote to it on this forum.

No

Any comments on why someone would go to all this effort and forward planning to outrage someone who isn't outraged and who isn't going to vote for Reform anyway?"

It’s odd how you spend so much time talking about Reform given that you aren’t outraged by them and won’t be voting for them.

I’m not outraged by Plaid Cymru and won’t be voting for them either, but I don’t pen fifty forum posts a day about them.

By *otMe66Man 4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

I remember the time Farage said he was targeted by coutts and his account had been shutdown because of his political beliefs. Very few believed him, they took great joy from spouting the rumours that he didn't have any money and he was bitter.

How wrong could they have been, proven wrong in fact.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"I remember the time Farage said he was targeted by coutts and his account had been shutdown because of his political beliefs. Very few believed him, they took great joy from spouting the rumours that he didn't have any money and he was bitter.

"

The Travers report didn't show this tho. He was exited correctly. However the way it was handled plus what was being said in internal documents was poor.

By *ggdrasil66Man 4 weeks ago

Saltdean

Reform are the new Conservative movement in the UK. The fact that Nigel is the most successful British politician to never get elected to the House of Commons. Something that looks set to change, as he is favourite to win in Clacton. YES they are right wing, very similar to the Tory right. The fact that they want to put a stop to immigration has got the usual suspect shouting ‘racists’ every ten seconds, but that is their prerogative. Liberals and leftists spend their entire life’s spouting this rubbish at someone or another. So anyone with any sense will ignore them.

But setting up a political party in this manner, this close to an election, in the party leader’s constituency, is a new low. The good thing is that Reform UK supporters have seen this for what it is, and will still vote Reform, as will those who stay silent about it. It is however petrol on the flames of the dim witted liberals and leftists who will treat it as ‘evidence’ of racism within the party. There is absolutely no point in trying to reason with people who are stupid enough to believe it themselves, let them troll every thread on the internet, heckle every tv interview, and attempt to shout down the candidates in election night. It is just noise, they will listen to each other, and congratulate themselves constantly.

None of this makes even the slighted difference to me. I’m supporting Reform, and it is no secret. I’m no racist, but I do believe immigration has been very badly controlled for decades now, and that it is causing division in many areas. I don’t care if you are black or white, gay or straight, male or female, we are all equals, and that is how we should all be treated.

Terra Firma

"I remember the time Farage said he was targeted by coutts and his account had been shutdown because of his political beliefs. Very few believed him, they took great joy from spouting the rumours that he didn't have any money and he was bitter.

The Travers report didn't show this tho. He was exited correctly. However the way it was handled plus what was being said in internal documents was poor. "

He didn't meet the criteria, as many thousands of Couttes customers don't, his account was closed as they saw him, quote: "at best seen as xenophobic and pandering to racists".

The CEO Dame Alison Rose, resigned.

I brought this up to emphasise the point that when he said he was singled out for his political beliefs, he was correct, but hardly anyone believed him.

Do you believe he is telling the truth about the setup with CH4 or not?

Cumbria

"Reform are the new Conservative movement in the UK. The fact that Nigel is the most successful British politician to never get elected to the House of Commons. Something that looks set to change, as he is favourite to win in Clacton. YES they are right wing, very similar to the Tory right. The fact that they want to put a stop to immigration has got the usual suspect shouting ‘racists’ every ten seconds, but that is their prerogative. Liberals and leftists spend their entire life’s spouting this rubbish at someone or another. So anyone with any sense will ignore them.

But setting up a political party in this manner, this close to an election, in the party leader’s constituency, is a new low. The good thing is that Reform UK supporters have seen this for what it is, and will still vote Reform, as will those who stay silent about it. It is however petrol on the flames of the dim witted liberals and leftists who will treat it as ‘evidence’ of racism within the party. There is absolutely no point in trying to reason with people who are stupid enough to believe it themselves, let them troll every thread on the internet, heckle every tv interview, and attempt to shout down the candidates in election night. It is just noise, they will listen to each other, and congratulate themselves constantly.

None of this makes even the slighted difference to me. I’m supporting Reform, and it is no secret. I’m no racist, but I do believe immigration has been very badly controlled for decades now, and that it is causing division in many areas. I don’t care if you are black or white, gay or straight, male or female, we are all equals, and that is how we should all be treated.

"

Are some of your best friends black?

Brighton

"Reform are the new Conservative movement in the UK. The fact that Nigel is the most successful British politician to never get elected to the House of Commons. Something that looks set to change, as he is favourite to win in Clacton. YES they are right wing, very similar to the Tory right. The fact that they want to put a stop to immigration has got the usual suspect shouting ‘racists’ every ten seconds, but that is their prerogative. Liberals and leftists spend their entire life’s spouting this rubbish at someone or another. So anyone with any sense will ignore them.

"

You can’t vote for Reform. They do not have a candidate in your constituency.

Saltdean

You can’t vote for Reform. They do not have a candidate in your constituency."

I know I can’t vote for them, I said I will support them, and I do support them. Hopefully there will be a candidate here in time for the 2029 election.

Saltdean

Are some of your best friends black?"

No…

Brighton

I know I can’t vote for them, I said I will support them, and I do support them. Hopefully there will be a candidate here in time for the 2029 election. "

Said it before…while I disagree with you on voting/supporting Reform, I do respect your choice and it continues to support the argument for Proportional Representation. How can millions of votes (as predicted) end up with zero representation in parliament? How can Labour (or Conservatives) get huge majorities in HoC when their popular vote is not on the same scale? FPTP is broken!

golden fields

Are you sure?

Yes

No

Any comments on why someone would go to all this effort and forward planning to outrage someone who isn't outraged and who isn't going to vote for Reform anyway?so you don’t think it’s a set up to try and ruin reform omg man lmao"

How is this ruining Reform?

People who vote for this party don't seem to care about all the other dodgy characters standing for election or in their campaigning team. Why would they care about this one?

Brighton

I know I can’t vote for them, I said I will support them, and I do support them. Hopefully there will be a candidate here in time for the 2029 election.

Said it before…while I disagree with you on voting/supporting Reform, I do respect your choice and it continues to support the argument for Proportional Representation. How can millions of votes (as predicted) end up with zero representation in parliament? How can Labour (or Conservatives) get huge majorities in HoC when their popular vote is not on the same scale? FPTP is broken!"

P.S. I read before you said you were on minimum wage working 4 days a week (I think). Why don’t you join Reform and learn the ropes and put yourself forward as a candidate for Kemptown & Peacehaven? MP salary must surely be attractive?

golden fields

"I’m sick of saying it but every party as bad apples but the mainstream are going after reform because there a major threat to the other two things are changing and some ppl can’t handle change "

Do Reform have any non-bad apples?

Saltdean

Said it before…while I disagree with you on voting/supporting Reform, I do respect your choice and it continues to support the argument for Proportional Representation. How can millions of votes (as predicted) end up with zero representation in parliament? How can Labour (or Conservatives) get huge majorities in HoC when their popular vote is not on the same scale? FPTP is broken!"

Thank you. And yes FPTP is ridiculous, proportional representation has to be introduced so that people don’t feel pressured into backing the so called ‘big two parties.’ That way every vote will count for something.

golden fields

Are you sure?

Yes

No

Any comments on why someone would go to all this effort and forward planning to outrage someone who isn't outraged and who isn't going to vote for Reform anyway?

It’s odd how you spend so much time talking about Reform given that you aren’t outraged by them and won’t be voting for them.

I’m not outraged by Plaid Cymru and won’t be voting for them either, but I don’t pen fifty forum posts a day about them."

It's a thread about Nigel Farage and the Reform party. I know you might find it strange that people reply here to talk about Farage and the Reform party. But it is what it is.

golden fields

"

I agree with the sentiment that Reform voters won't be put off no matter how dodgy the Reform party candidates and campaigners are.

Saltdean

Said it before…while I disagree with you on voting/supporting Reform, I do respect your choice and it continues to support the argument for Proportional Representation. How can millions of votes (as predicted) end up with zero representation in parliament? How can Labour (or Conservatives) get huge majorities in HoC when their popular vote is not on the same scale? FPTP is broken!

P.S. I read before you said you were on minimum wage working 4 days a week (I think). Why don’t you join Reform and learn the ropes and put yourself forward as a candidate for Kemptown & Peacehaven? MP salary must surely be attractive?"

Good lord no! I don’t want to be a politician, not for all the tea in China.

Brighton

P.S. I read before you said you were on minimum wage working 4 days a week (I think). Why don’t you join Reform and learn the ropes and put yourself forward as a candidate for Kemptown & Peacehaven? MP salary must surely be attractive?

Good lord no! I don’t want to be a politician, not for all the tea in China. "

Why not though? Almost £90k salary and the opportunity to fiddle expenses. You can put the strength of your convictions into practice. You could be the voice of the normal man in the street, instead of these public school boys like Farage!

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

The Travers report didn't show this tho. He was exited correctly. However the way it was handled plus what was being said in internal documents was poor.

He didn't meet the criteria, as many thousands of Couttes customers don't, his account was closed as they saw him, quote: "at best seen as xenophobic and pandering to racists".

I brought this up to emphasise the point that when he said he was singled out for his political beliefs, he was correct, but hardly anyone believed him.

"

the Travers report doesn't support your view afaik. Farage is seeking to challenge this.

He was uncommercial. His value came from a mortgage or loan that was cleared. That bit was imo clear from the disclosures however lost in the unprofessional papers on his views that have been rightfully called out.

I'm open minded about the set up or not. I will be accused of sitting on the fence but I can see at least versions of reality that make sense to me.

Him being an actor doesnt mean he was acting. Even if he was acting it doesn't follow that he was employed but C4 or the underlying company.

Both versions have question marks as i've mentioned before.

I can believe we was employed by a well meaning reformer to help canvas views. Or was actually a genuine reformer who was told to ham it up and as a (poor) actor when too far when coaxed.

That version explains how a party who can't our bad apple candidates can suddenly find out he's an actor in the matter of a day.

My other prediction is the truth will come out after the GE when it's all too late for anyone to change views.

Saltdean

Why not though? Almost £90k salary and the opportunity to fiddle expenses. You can put the strength of your convictions into practice. You could be the voice of the normal man in the street, instead of these public school boys like Farage!"

I’d hate it, seriously I would not like the scrutiny or the constant accusations I would be subjected to. I do my job and then I go home and forget about it. Even for £90k, I wouldn’t give up my privacy.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Before any whataboutary, I am hugely disappointed with the Greens response to their candidates and is one of two reasons I am struggling to vote for a party who alligns best with me.

I didn't like Corbyn's attitude to anti semitism in labour and was one of the reasons I couldn't vote for him.

Reform voters need to own their vote here. If you vote for a party that has a number of bad apples and, more crucially, a leadership that isn't managing these issues, then that's on you.

Because it's not one false flag. Even in the C4 report there was (in my view) unacceptable comments on LTBG that afaik haven't been addressed. If you are in the fan community then it suprises me if you are okay with those comments and therefore ili'd hope you would want your party to push such views out.

By *va_NightingaleTV/TS 4 weeks ago

North Manchester

Are you sure? Reform certainly seems to live in your head, given the amount of time you devote to it on this forum."

Yes, a lot of us have noticed this, it's a sign of insecurity.

Mocking people with alternitive (political) views is another trait, unfortunately.

Brighton

Why not though? Almost £90k salary and the opportunity to fiddle expenses. You can put the strength of your convictions into practice. You could be the voice of the normal man in the street, instead of these public school boys like Farage!

I’d hate it, seriously I would not like the scrutiny or the constant accusations I would be subjected to. I do my job and then I go home and forget about it. Even for £90k, I wouldn’t give up my privacy."

Fair enough on the privacy point (no more fabswingers profiles with public pictures!) but if you have the strength of your convictions you could make a difference AND give yourself an almost 400% pay rise!

What if the salary was doubled to £160k (as I think it should be but with second jobs forbidden)?

Terra Firma

the Travers report doesn't support your view afaik. Farage is seeking to challenge this.

He was uncommercial. His value came from a mortgage or loan that was cleared. That bit was imo clear from the disclosures however lost in the unprofessional papers on his views that have been rightfully called out.

I'm open minded about the set up or not. I will be accused of sitting on the fence but I can see at least versions of reality that make sense to me.

Him being an actor doesnt mean he was acting. Even if he was acting it doesn't follow that he was employed but C4 or the underlying company.

I can believe we was employed by a well meaning reformer to help canvas views. Or was actually a genuine reformer who was told to ham it up and as a (poor) actor when too far when coaxed.

That version explains how a party who can't our bad apple candidates can suddenly find out he's an actor in the matter of a day.

My other prediction is the truth will come out after the GE when it's all too late for anyone to change views. "

You are disbelieving Farage because of the Travis report, in simple terms.

He was correct in his accusations against Couttes and I see no reason why he is wrong in his challenge against the report.

As I mentioned he didn't meet the criteria, as many thousands of other customers don't, however he has seen the notes that were written and the CEO lost her job.

I see comparisons with this story and Couttes, people disbelieve him because they do not like him, not because of the facts.

It would be very easy for CH4 to investigate the production company they used on this story and discredit Farage.

Saltdean

I’d hate it, seriously I would not like the scrutiny or the constant accusations I would be subjected to. I do my job and then I go home and forget about it. Even for £90k, I wouldn’t give up my privacy.

Fair enough on the privacy point (no more fabswingers profiles with public pictures!) but if you have the strength of your convictions you could make a difference AND give yourself an almost 400% pay rise!

What if the salary was doubled to £160k (as I think it should be but with second jobs forbidden)?"

I wouldn’t get elected here, even if I did try. All I would get in Brighton is public abuse. When they do get a candidate here, I might put a few leaflets out, but that is it.

By *astandFeistyCouple 4 weeks ago

Bournemouth

My other prediction is the truth will come out after the GE when it's all too late for anyone to change views. "

Point of note because you've brought it up a few times.

Reform didn't find out he was an actor, it was brought to their attention by another group.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

My other prediction is the truth will come out after the GE when it's all too late for anyone to change views.

You are disbelieving Farage because of the Travis report, in simple terms.

He was correct in his accusations against Couttes and I see no reason why he is wrong in his challenge against the report.

As I mentioned he didn't meet the criteria, as many thousands of other customers don't, however he has seen the notes that were written and the CEO lost her job.

I see comparisons with this story and Couttes, people disbelieve him because they do not like him, not because of the facts.

It would be very easy for CH4 to investigate the production company they used on this story and discredit Farage."

there we close to a 1,000 excluded exists with Travers looking at 100. He wasn't the only one.

But yes, I am believing an independent report over a person who is on the midst of it, and therefore has bias. In my view that's going with the fact.

You are disagreeing with the professional review and believing him. That's fine but that could be the flip side of the same bias you are accusing me of.

The CEO rightfully lost her job because she betrayed confidences. He could be the least profitable, highest risk client on their book and that would still be the right answer. It's how's nothing.

And let's be clear. I haven't disbelieved him not believed him. I'm looking at what I know and feel that no version yet really explains all what we know.

Maybe C4 were dumb and didn't change his name. Maybe reform are fantastic at sleuthing now. Maybe C4 did decide to run something they knew to be false despite having other dirt to sling. It's possible.

But it's also possible this is just someone who is dodgy AF and is an *actor*.

It's also possible his *acting* plays a part but not how we expect.

80pc of ten country believe it's legit because they don't like Farage. 20pc believe it's a setup because they like Farage. There's little overlap between people who support farage and think it's true.

(And the one who does is apparently a Tory stooge who planned selling out reform all along)

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Reform didn't find out he was an actor, it was brought to their attention by another group. "

thanks for pointing this out. do we know who ?

Bournemouth

Reform didn't find out he was an actor, it was brought to their attention by another group. thanks for pointing this out. do we know who ? "

I think it was UnmaskedAntifa

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Reform didn't find out he was an actor, it was brought to their attention by another group. thanks for pointing this out. do we know who ?

I think it was UnmaskedAntifa"

Just looked at the twitter. Seems so, albeit I can't work out how they have linked him to holby and even his Mandy profile is that he hasn't updated since 2016.

And loving that they are making a big deal of him being part of equity.

If only unmasked were used for vetting

(Also looks like they are hunting for the guy who switched sides. Watch this space).

Bournemouth

Reform didn't find out he was an actor, it was brought to their attention by another group. thanks for pointing this out. do we know who ?

Just looked at the twitter. Seems so, albeit I can't work out how they have linked him to holby and even his Mandy profile is that he hasn't updated since 2016.

(Also looks like they are hunting for the guy who switched sides. Watch this space).

"

I haven't kept fully up to date with it but I did know it wasn't Reform who found the details.

golden fields

"

In response to the other part of the OP. Farage has said he's boycotting the BBC.

He didn't like his party being called out by audience members.

Also seems like an odd move seeing as the BBC have given him so much airtime over the years.

In response to the other part of the OP. Farage has said he's boycotting the BBC.

Also seems like an odd move seeing as the BBC have given him so much airtime over the years. "

Scrapping the BBC licence fee got one of the biggest cheers at yesterday’s Reform rally.

The Tories should have done it on Day One back in 2019.

The BBC is a sewer.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I haven't kept fully up to date with it but I did know it wasn't Reform who found the details.

"

that's cool. Appreciate the tip. It's the value of Thai place, your tapped in to different news sources than I am !

Brighton

That venn diagram really is becoming a circle. Almost a set of concentric circles…weeeeeee down the rabbit hole we slip to Tufton Town

Saltdean

Also seems like an odd move seeing as the BBC have given him so much airtime over the years.

Scrapping the BBC licence fee got one of the biggest cheers at yesterday’s Reform rally.

The BBC is a sewer."

Indeed, making everyone who owns a TV pay to prop up such a politically biased organization is state sponsored extortion. In the past single mothers were threatened with jail time for not paying for a TV License!

"That venn diagram really is becoming a circle. Almost a set of concentric circles…weeeeeee down the rabbit hole we slip to Tufton Town "

Hysterical.

All these conspiracies are being directed from TuFtOn StReEt!!!

Brighton

"That venn diagram really is becoming a circle. Almost a set of concentric circles…weeeeeee down the rabbit hole we slip to Tufton Town

Hysterical.

All these conspiracies are being directed from TuFtOn StReEt!!!"

I thought it was pretty funny (although you don’t need a lightbox to see how closely they match when you overlay policies and ideas). Lighten up and get back to those accounts. Don’t want your boss thinking you are a slacker

Red pill or blue pill?

golden fields

The BBC is a sewer."

I don't think that's why Farage is boycotting it. He didn't like non-racists asking questions about why his party attracts so many extremists.

Not sure why a Reform rally would be cheering for that, the BBC have given Farage a ridiculous amount of airtime over the years.

nearby

Farage calling out cost of uk climate change

https://x.com/avonandsomerrob/status/1807687079918256358?s=48&t=riGNlrfX3reAm-93J2ZU8w

golden fields

"Farage calling out cost of uk climate change

https://x.com/avonandsomerrob/status/1807687079918256358?s=48&t=riGNlrfX3reAm-93J2ZU8w"

He lied within the first 20 seconds. So I stopped watching.

Cumbria

The BBC is a sewer."

Too true, the right wing bias is a disgrace.

Cumbria

"

Could it possibly be that he is both an actor and a racist Reform supporter?

Could it possibly be that he is both an actor and a racist Reform supporter?"

Probably explains why he hasn’t had much work I can’t imagine a Reform activist would be high on the list of actors the luvvie MSM would want to use.

Bit like being a Tory or Reform NHS worker. You’d keep a low profile and keep your opinions to yourself.

The BBC is a sewer.

I don't think that's why Farage is boycotting it. He didn't like non-racists asking questions about why his party attracts so many extremists.

Not sure why a Reform rally would be cheering for that, the BBC have given Farage a ridiculous amount of airtime over the years. "

I’ve considered your voluminous input on Reform over the past few weeks but have still decided to vote for them.

Your opinions basically seem to consist of “Reform is racist, innit” which I find a little lacking in substance and nuance, and is pretty much derived from a perspective of total ignorance about the party and its policies.

But thanks for your input anyway. I’m sure you haven’t persuaded anyone else not to vote Reform either, but I’m glad it’s kept you occupied.

golden fields

The BBC is a sewer.

Not sure why a Reform rally would be cheering for that, the BBC have given Farage a ridiculous amount of airtime over the years.

I’ve considered your voluminous input on Reform over the past few weeks but have still decided to vote for them.

Your opinions basically seem to consist of “Reform is racist, innit” which I find a little lacking in substance and nuance, and is pretty much derived from a perspective of total ignorance about the party and its policies.

But thanks for your input anyway. I’m sure you haven’t persuaded anyone else not to vote Reform either, but I’m glad it’s kept you occupied."

Ah, you appear mistaken. I am well aware that someone planning on voting Reform is not going to be put off, no matter how awful their candidates and campaigners are, no matter how ridiculous their policies are. I would never bother wasting time trying to dissuade anyone for voting from them.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Could it possibly be that he is both an actor and a racist Reform supporter?

Probably explains why he hasn’t had much work I can’t imagine a Reform activist would be high on the list of actors the luvvie MSM would want to use.

Bit like being a Tory or Reform NHS worker. You’d keep a low profile and keep your opinions to yourself."

I'm not sure how lack of work ever can be down to him supporting a party that's only just existed !

But I'd agree that companies tend to avoid people with his views.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Farage calling out cost of uk climate change

https://x.com/avonandsomerrob/status/1807687079918256358?s=48&t=riGNlrfX3reAm-93J2ZU8w"

cool distraction.

Deserves a new thread to unpock this.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Speaking of coincidences.

Farage used a slowed-down version of L’Amour Toujours, a 1999 Italian disco hit, as background to an interview with Richard Holden, the Conservative chairman, and then a speech by the Reform UK leader.

However, the song has been banned across Europe for its far-right connotations after multiple viral videos showed Germans signing “Germany for the Germans, foreigners out” over the song’s refrain.

Unfortunate.

Cumbria

"Speaking of coincidences.

Farage used a slowed-down version of L’Amour Toujours, a 1999 Italian disco hit, as background to an interview with Richard Holden, the Conservative chairman, and then a speech by the Reform UK leader.

However, the song has been banned across Europe for its far-right connotations after multiple viral videos showed Germans signing “Germany for the Germans, foreigners out” over the song’s refrain.

Unfortunate."

Desperately unlucky.

golden fields

Unfortunate.

Desperately unlucky."

It was a set up.

Unfortunate.

Desperately unlucky.

It was a set up."

Looks like the polls out today so far all have Reform up.

Well played!

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Unfortunate.

Desperately unlucky.

It was a set up.

Looks like the polls out today so far all have Reform up.

Well played!"

I'm entirely comfortable being on the other side of the majority. (Not that reform have a majority)

I'm a distance away from being the marginal voter that Farage and Reform are after. Let alone their core support base.

And funnily enough, the if the reform vote ends up creating a lib dem opposition, that weakens the voice of those furthest away from me

(Although I'm fully behind PR and having their voice heard in line with their support base).

By *abioMan 4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Er… nope… the fact that he was an actor in his spare time… and a political volunteer in the other have no connection

"

"

Was the audience for farages QT any less hostile that the one for Starmer and Sunak the week before?? Really????

He could always make a complaint with OFCOM about channel 4 if he feels hard done by… he won’t of course, because he doesn’t have a leg to stand on…..

Funny he was boasting about destroying the BNP… wonder where there voting block went!

Nigel is very good at the subliminal dog whistle…. You know, saying something just the right side of plausible deniability

The problem for Nigel is that he may not believe he is a racist, but if the racists think he is “speaking their language” so to speak, he is not doing a great job at separating himself

Cumbria

Farage is a professional victim, and his supporters lap it up. They’re no different to the idiots who contribute to Tommy Robinson’s ‘defence funds’.

Saltdean

"Farage is a professional victim, and his supporters lap it up. They’re no different to the idiots who contribute to Tommy Robinson’s ‘defence funds’."

We most certainly are different. I wouldn’t piss on Robinson if he was on fire. Thank you.

golden fields

"Farage is a professional victim, and his supporters lap it up. They’re no different to the idiots who contribute to Tommy Robinson’s ‘defence funds’.

We most certainly are different. I wouldn’t piss on Robinson if he was on fire. Thank you."

You see those two as very different? What distinguishes them for you?

in Lancashire

"Farage is a professional victim, and his supporters lap it up. They’re no different to the idiots who contribute to Tommy Robinson’s ‘defence funds’.

We most certainly are different. I wouldn’t piss on Robinson if he was on fire. Thank you."

Tommy Robinson has endorsed Reform so like it or not he's tagging along with them..

golden fields

We most certainly are different. I wouldn’t piss on Robinson if he was on fire. Thank you.

Tommy Robinson has endorsed Reform so like it or not he's tagging along with them.."

I think it's interesting. I'd like to know what line Tommy Robinson crossed, that Farage hasn't.

nr faversham

Tommy Robinson has endorsed Reform so like it or not he's tagging along with them..

I think it's interesting. I'd like to know what line Tommy Robinson crossed, that Farage hasn't."

Perhaps you can tell me what lines farage has crossed that the BNP hasn't?

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan 4 weeks ago

If the racists don't vote for Reform who do they vote for ? Like them or not they're going to vote for someone and does that make whoever they vote for a racist party ?

nr faversham

"If the racists don't vote for Reform who do they vote for ? Like them or not they're going to vote for someone and does that make whoever they vote for a racist party ? "

All party's have racist factions. Is antisemitism not racist? It doesn't make the party or everyone that bites that way racist

golden fields

I think it's interesting. I'd like to know what line Tommy Robinson crossed, that Farage hasn't.

Perhaps you can tell me what lines farage has crossed that the BNP hasn't? "

Why? I'm not suggesting Farage has or hasn't. I asked the other chap for more information about what he posted.

Saltdean

I think it's interesting. I'd like to know what line Tommy Robinson crossed, that Farage hasn't."

Just in case you don’t already know, and I suggest you do. Robinson arranged for gangs of football hooligans to hold demos on English streets, thugs waving flags and intimidating people. He also encourages English sectarianism, which as a unionist I am against.

golden fields

Just in case you don’t already know, and I suggest you do. Robinson arranged for gangs of football hooligans to hold demos on English streets, thugs waving flags and intimidating people. He also encourages English sectarianism, which as a unionist I am against."

I was interested. Thank you.

nr faversham

Why? I'm not suggesting Farage has or hasn't. I asked the other chap for more information about what he posted. "

That's exactly what you are inferring

golden fields

Why? I'm not suggesting Farage has or hasn't. I asked the other chap for more information about what he posted.

That's exactly what you are inferring "

No.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Another reform candidate has defected for similar reasons.

No doubt they are also a plant and lies in their way in.

To lose one candidate is unfortunate....

golden fields

"Another reform candidate has defected for similar reasons.

To lose one candidate is unfortunate...."

Do we know why they're defecting, what was the line that was crossed for them?

I'm always curious where the line is for people who are much further to the right.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

[Removed by poster at 02/07/24 10:33:33]

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I'm always curious where the line is for people who are much further to the right. "

A Reform candidate has suspended her campaign and defected to the Conservatives because the “vast majority” of her fellow candidates are “racist, misogynistic and bigoted”.

I'm always curious where the line is for people who are much further to the right. A Reform candidate has suspended her campaign and defected to the Conservatives because the “vast majority” of her fellow candidates are “racist, misogynistic and bigoted”."

How would she know the “vast majority of her fellow candidates”?

I’m doubtful any Party leader knows the vast majority of their MPs or candidates so it seems unlikely that some no-hoper paper candidate would.

By *abioMan 4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I'm always curious where the line is for people who are much further to the right. A Reform candidate has suspended her campaign and defected to the Conservatives because the “vast majority” of her fellow candidates are “racist, misogynistic and bigoted”.

I’m doubtful any Party leader knows the vast majority of their MPs or candidates so it seems unlikely that some no-hoper paper candidate would.

"

Which part are you taking offence at…

Racist? Bigoted? Misogynistic?

Saltdean

It is possible that she has lost her nerve, or maybe she knew she wasn’t likely to win that particular seat. I doubt that she will be standing as a Tory candidate, as they would almost certainly already have one in place there. Something really doesn’t add up, so we will see.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"It is possible that she has lost her nerve, or maybe she knew she wasn’t likely to win that particular seat. I doubt that she will be standing as a Tory candidate, as they would almost certainly already have one in place there. Something really doesn’t add up, so we will see."
she won't be standing as a Tory. She'd tell people to vote Tory, not her. But she's appear on the ballot as Reform.

And while of courses she doesn't actually know the majority of candidates (unless they have a WhatsApp group!) I can believe she's getting a sense of a big enough minority based on everything that is coming out. Maybe that's enough for her to no longer feel comfortable represent the party ?

Although my money is in Farage claiming inducement. A thing they have never been accused of doing ...

I'm always curious where the line is for people who are much further to the right. A Reform candidate has suspended her campaign and defected to the Conservatives because the “vast majority” of her fellow candidates are “racist, misogynistic and bigoted”.

Which part are you taking offence at…

Racist? Bigoted? Misogynistic? "

I’m not aware I was taking offence at anything.

How’s things going with Sleepy Joe?

Brighton

Watch out watch out there’s a Tufty about

"It is possible that she has lost her nerve, or maybe she knew she wasn’t likely to win that particular seat. I doubt that she will be standing as a Tory candidate, as they would almost certainly already have one in place there. Something really doesn’t add up, so we will see.she won't be standing as a Tory. She'd tell people to vote Tory, not her. But she's appear on the ballot as Reform.

And while of courses she doesn't actually know the majority of candidates (unless they have a WhatsApp group!) I can believe she's getting a sense of a big enough minority based on everything that is coming out. Maybe that's enough for her to no longer feel comfortable represent the party ?

Although my money is in Farage claiming inducement. A thing they have never been accused of doing ... "

I imagine she is just quite flaky. Maybe someone in the Party said the wrong thing to her, looked at her the wrong way, didn’t give her the attention she thought she was deserving of, she didn’t get her way at a meeting etc. There’s actually a whole host of reasons people in small time politics behave like this. She wouldn’t have won anyway, now she still won’t win. She gets ten minutes of fame and will be forgotten.

"Watch out watch out there’s a Tufty about "

Better get that tin foil out…..nobody knows who funds us. It could be Big Oil so who knows what you will be thinking now you’ve been exposed.

in Lancashire

"It is possible that she has lost her nerve, or maybe she knew she wasn’t likely to win that particular seat. I doubt that she will be standing as a Tory candidate, as they would almost certainly already have one in place there. Something really doesn’t add up, so we will see."

Or..

It's possible that along with the previous candidate in Erewash she simply doesn't think some of what she's heard and experienced..?

That as we've seen with others there are some in reform with those BNP type views..

Is that too far to imagine..

"It is possible that she has lost her nerve, or maybe she knew she wasn’t likely to win that particular seat. I doubt that she will be standing as a Tory candidate, as they would almost certainly already have one in place there. Something really doesn’t add up, so we will see.

Or..

It's possible that along with the previous candidate in Erewash she simply doesn't think some of what she's heard and experienced..?

That as we've seen with others there are some in reform with those BNP type views..

Is that too far to imagine.."

It seems pretty unlikely. You’d have to assume that she joined the Party recently, didn’t really know anyone, decided anyway to stand as a candidate even though she had no idea who other members were, and then found out they weren’t quite what she was expecting.

I mean it’s possible with a small Party if the constituency doesn’t have many members and nobody else wanted to stand. But not very likely.

Terra Firma

Reform are going to get single figure seats I would have thought, it amazes me that they can draw so much attention, even after Farage said the party wont be ready until the next election.

He makes waves for sure, he should offer his services to the big 2.

Brighton

"Watch out watch out there’s a Tufty about

Better get that tin foil out…..nobody knows who funds us. It could be Big Oil so who knows what you will be thinking now you’ve been exposed."

I bought a tonne of tinfoil back during the pandemic. Nice little earner! Sell to anyone, left or right, I don’t care. Conspiracy is big business these days and there are cranks on all sides

BTW now you’ve been exposed? What does that even mean?

BTW 2 are you honestly saying Reform, Tice, and Farage have no connections to “Tufton St”

BTW 3 why did you respond anyway to a random post by me about Tufties? Did you feel defensive (at least you admit “us” lolz)

in Lancashire

"It is possible that she has lost her nerve, or maybe she knew she wasn’t likely to win that particular seat. I doubt that she will be standing as a Tory candidate, as they would almost certainly already have one in place there. Something really doesn’t add up, so we will see.

Or..

It seems pretty unlikely. You’d have to assume that she joined the Party recently, didn’t really know anyone, decided anyway to stand as a candidate even though she had no idea who other members were, and then found out they weren’t quite what she was expecting.

I mean it’s possible with a small Party if the constituency doesn’t have many members and nobody else wanted to stand. But not very likely. "

No surprise that your ability to be objective or even consider she might be telling her truth only applies to one side..

Bournemouth

Or..

I mean it’s possible with a small Party if the constituency doesn’t have many members and nobody else wanted to stand. But not very likely.

No surprise that your ability to be objective or even consider she might be telling her truth only applies to one side..

"

No surprise that your ability to be objective or even consider that she might be telling her lies only applies to one side

Bournemouth

Better get that tin foil out…..nobody knows who funds us. It could be Big Oil so who knows what you will be thinking now you’ve been exposed.

I bought a tonne of tinfoil back during the pandemic. Nice little earner! Sell to anyone, left or right, I don’t care. Conspiracy is big business these days and there are cranks on all sides

BTW 2 are you honestly saying Reform, Tice, and Farage have no connections to “Tufton St”

BTW 3 why did you respond anyway to a random post by me about Tufties? Did you feel defensive (at least you admit “us” lolz) "

Wasn't really random was it? You've been at it for at least a week. What's happened to your preferring to play the ball recently, you seem to have gone full leftie (I know, you like to call yourself a centrist).

BTW 3 why did you respond anyway to a random post by me about Tufties? Did you feel defensive (at least you admit “us” lolz) "

Ooooooo buy more petrol oooooooo go for the 300 HP model oooooooo

in Lancashire

Or..

No surprise that your ability to be objective or even consider that she might be telling her lies only applies to one side "

Ignoring all the others thus far exposed possibly..

Or imagining that Farage is a pinko lefty..

Bournemouth

Or..

No surprise that your ability to be objective or even consider that she might be telling her lies only applies to one side

"

Exposed??

If the same scrutiny was put onto other parties, I'm absolutely certain that it would be fairly even.

I personally can't get my head round her knowing 'the vast majority are racist...' if that was the case, she would have known before now, or she's using deliberate inflammatory language to get herself in headlines.

in Lancashire

Or..

Exposed??

If the same scrutiny was put onto other parties, I'm absolutely certain that it would be fairly even.

I personally can't get my head round her knowing 'the vast majority are racist...' if that was the case, she would have known before now, or she's using deliberate inflammatory language to get herself in headlines.

"

Possibly the vast majority that she knows, has met or on a social media group so yes unlikely she is speaking about the vast majority overall and her words will have been edited for whatever publication this came out in first..

How do we know the same attention to the other parties hasn't been applied?

Especially given the majority of papers certainly are centre right or in the case of the Telegraph full on the right of the Tory party..

Even the FT has been rightly critical of some who have expressed radical nigh on extremist views..

These things tend to occur, they have in the past with other parties and individuals therein and they will again..

The spotlight at the moment is upon reform..

But instead of accepting what they've said and further acceptance that what they've said is wrong and in some cases possibly unlawful the rush to blame everyone else becomes the deflection..

I don't count yourself in that group but they are out there and in here of course..

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Or..

Exposed??

"

the BBC have found a Tory candidate was a trustee of a church which endorsed conversion therapy. That's good scrutiny imo and suggests they are digging.

See also: the green cases.

And was rightfully pointed out, it was a group that found out that the reform racist is an actor by trade (or at least is part of equity). So there are other groups out there digging.

It may be no one cares as much as about the other party. It may be they do just there's less to dig up because they do vetting to a higher standard / at all.

Brighton

BTW 3 why did you respond anyway to a random post by me about Tufties? Did you feel defensive (at least you admit “us” lolz)

Wasn't really random was it? You've been at it for at least a week. What's happened to your preferring to play the ball recently, you seem to have gone full leftie (I know, you like to call yourself a centrist)."

Nothing leftie about shining a light on the tufty club!

Also I am bored. This has got to be the most boring general election ever! Loads of us knowing with FPTP that our votes count for nothing. A choice between a drip and a bore in the two main parties offering very little etc etc

So I am being a bit naughty and joking around because some people are just too earnest and this stuff is all just a load of bollocks!

Anyway who pulled your chain?

Prove I am a “leftie” show me the evidence! Remember to be a centrist it doesn’t men zero deviation from 0 on both axes, there will be a zone with some centre left and some centre right.

Bournemouth

Or..

Exposed??

Possibly the vast majority that she knows, has met or on a social media group so yes unlikely she is speaking about the vast majority overall and her words will have been edited for whatever publication this came out in first..

How do we know the same attention to the other parties hasn't been applied?

Especially given the majority of papers certainly are centre right or in the case of the Telegraph full on the right of the Tory party..

Even the FT has been rightly critical of some who have expressed radical nigh on extremist views..

These things tend to occur, they have in the past with other parties and individuals therein and they will again..

The spotlight at the moment is upon reform..

But instead of accepting what they've said and further acceptance that what they've said is wrong and in some cases possibly unlawful the rush to blame everyone else becomes the deflection..

I don't count yourself in that group but they are out there and in here of course.."

I don't think words within "quotation marks" would be edited, if they are, then that just downright lying by the publication.

We've been through the media bias previously, the majority are not right wing nor centre right.

When was the time time you knew of any mainstream channel going 'undercover' into a parties campaign? Let's not pretend that it's a regular occurrence.

The problem with getting people to accept what is true and isn't true is the media constantly lie to us, and everyone will believe what they want according to their own bias.

Brighton

Ooooooo buy more petrol oooooooo go for the 300 HP model oooooooo "

Huh? That makes no sense? Odd reply

Terra Firma

Wasn't really random was it? You've been at it for at least a week. What's happened to your preferring to play the ball recently, you seem to have gone full leftie (I know, you like to call yourself a centrist).

Also I am bored. This has got to be the most boring general election ever! Loads of us knowing with FPTP that our votes count for nothing. A choice between a drip and a bore in the two main parties offering very little etc etc

So I am being a bit naughty and joking around because some people are just too earnest and this stuff is all just a load of bollocks!

Prove I am a “leftie” show me the evidence! Remember to be a centrist it doesn’t men zero deviation from 0 on both axes, there will be a zone with some centre left and some centre right. "

You went full left the other day, I did point it out

If you’re bored start a thread on how GB energy is going to get on , that should do it.

I will get back in my box now and leave you 2 to it, far more enjoyable

Bournemouth

Prove I am a “leftie” show me the evidence! Remember to be a centrist it doesn’t men zero deviation from 0 on both axes, there will be a zone with some centre left and some centre right. "

Lefties regularly play the man and not the ball, something which you seem to be doing a lot of recently, hence me saying you've gone full leftie.

You're a smart guy, that shouldn't need explaining, given what I wrote.

Brighton

Prove I am a “leftie” show me the evidence! Remember to be a centrist it doesn’t men zero deviation from 0 on both axes, there will be a zone with some centre left and some centre right.

You went full left the other day, I did point it out

If you’re bored start a thread on how GB energy is going to get on , that should do it.

I will get back in my box now and leave you 2 to it, far more enjoyable "

Full left? Did I? On what topic?

Note I don’t get told I went full right on the topic of private schools or IHT.

You see the beauty of being a fence sitting centrist is I can jump left and right like doing the okey y. I can pick and choose. AND I can slag off any/all parties

in Lancashire

The story about the guy saying shoot the people in the small boats is sadly reminiscent of a contributor to this forum during the run up to the Brexit vote, he said using machine guns would be a way of stopping them..

He's long since left and to be fair he was rightly condemned by pretty much everyone on that view..

But such views amongst some are probably not that much of a surprise at all..

On that issue, there are other issues and other also others thoughts by some..

Just to clarify..

Brighton

Lefties regularly play the man and not the ball, something which you seem to be doing a lot of recently, hence me saying you've gone full leftie.

You're a smart guy, that shouldn't need explaining, given what I wrote. "

That is twaddle. Seen plenty of righties play the man not the ball.

Only one person I have been joshing with, a returnee under a new profile. He seems to be enjoying the attention