FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The ICC tells it like it is

The ICC tells it like it is

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *an DeLyon OP   Man 4 weeks ago

County Durham

The UK and other countries being a signatory of the ICC is assisting in flouting international law by continuing to support isreal against UN and ICC rulings.

But is the ICC a creature that leaders regret creating, because it's too universal and morally consistent?

Many leaders praising and lording the ICC for the arrest warrants for the likes of Putin. Sinwar, Abu Garda, Mohammed Hussein Ali plus many more.

Yet when Netenyahu, Gallant etc.. are indicted of war crimes all shit breaks loose and the ICC is condemned.?

Why are these double standards so entrenched in the mindset of individuals and political groups?

Personally. I agree with all the indictments but others do not, choosing willful ignorance to defend the indefensible.

Also. Is the ICC not fit for this world because it's too just and universally and morally consistent?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 4 weeks ago

I’m not a big fan of cricket myself but I’m generally of the view that sport should keep out of politics and vice versa.

By *an DeLyon OP   Man 4 weeks ago

County Durham

"I’m not a big fan of cricket myself but I’m generally of the view that sport should keep out of politics and vice versa.

"

I agree.. plus other personalities

By *oubleswing2019Man 4 weeks ago

Colchester

"Why are these double standards so entrenched in the mindset of individuals and political groups?

Is the ICC not fit for this world because it's too just and universally and morally consistent?

"

Because as Slipknot put it ever-so-eloquently, People=Shit

For some, standards and responsibilities are all well and good, provided it doesn't apply to them. Or inconvenience them when they wish to operate outside those standards.

By *enSiskoMan 4 weeks ago

Cestus 3

"The UK and other countries being a signatory of the ICC is assisting in flouting international law by continuing to support isreal against UN and ICC rulings.

But is the ICC a creature that leaders regret creating, because it's too universal and morally consistent?

Many leaders praising and lording the ICC for the arrest warrants for the likes of Putin. Sinwar, Abu Garda, Mohammed Hussein Ali plus many more.

Yet when Netenyahu, Gallant etc.. are indicted of war crimes all shit breaks loose and the ICC is condemned.?

Why are these double standards so entrenched in the mindset of individuals and political groups?

Personally. I agree with all the indictments but others do not, choosing willful ignorance to defend the indefensible.

Also. Is the ICC not fit for this world because it's too just and universally and morally consistent?

"

Apparently a bird tells me that the UK is attempting to block the arrest warrants for BN and other Israelis by questing the validity of the warrants.

This request has been accepted by the ICC, hence the reason why these warrants have not been issued yet.

The UK are saying this just isn't cricket. (joke but the rest I had heard earlier)

» Add a new message to this topic