FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The french election.

The french election.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man 1 week ago

From the land of haribos.

It is election in france on sunday 30 june to 7th july and macron have called a snap election.

The reason he calls the snap election is because le pens party makes historic gains in the eu elections, the national rally party gained 31.5% of support in france according to exit polls.

Macron said that he would stay in office until his second term ends in may 2027, the end of his second term, regardless of who wins the snap election.

Opinion polls suggest the rn is set to achieve its best ever score in the legislative vote, potentially giving it a shot at naming a prime minister and it is said that it could be to jordan bardella.

What is your view about it, is it a good move that macron did or is it a gamble proving a gift to marine le pen, also should he stay in office if he loses or should he leave, who do you think will win it? I think that the he might lose if the other parties goes together

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 1 week ago

Historically when it comes down to it the French ultimately shy away from electing Le Pen.

But sooner or later the situation in France will be so bad that the electorate will elect her or someone like her. It’s just a case of timing.

Interestingly her party scores particularly well among young people.

By *atEvolutionCouple 1 week ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

She won't lead her party into power - it just won't happen. French citizens are rightfully annoyed with Macron (over many issues, over a long period of time) but at the same time they are not stupid.

Some people think that just because her party is rising in the polls, that this is the clearest indicator that France wants an Ultra Right Wing Party in power. They don't.

It's simply a Reform mirror of the way French people are feeling at the moment and as such - Reform won't get in, NR won't get in.

By *atEvolutionCouple 1 week ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

To add . . .

Nouveau Front Populaire coalition are the most likely if France is going to make the change from Ensemble Citoyens.

By *coptoCouple 1 week ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

He's took a gamble that the Populist "spike" would be ended and common sense prevail.

But it could backfire not 'cos of the principle (Nigel Farage is great entertainment but who'd want him to be Prime Minister and represent our country?) but because of the timing: European Football, Olympic Games, immigrant and terrorist concerns etc. is felt by the man-in-the-street to be NOT an appropriate time to dissolve Parliament and dilute Police effectiveness.

By *ostindreamsMan 1 week ago

London

Whether it's a good move or bad depends on outcome of the election and opinion polls are hard to go by these days. But if he loses, I believe he must give up power

By *deepdiveMan 1 week ago

France / Birmingham

"Whether it's a good move or bad depends on outcome of the election and opinion polls are hard to go by these days. But if he loses, I believe he must give up power "

No, he doesn't need to.

He can stay as President until 2027 whether he has a majority or not.

By *astandFeistyCouple 1 week ago

Bournemouth

"Whether it's a good move or bad depends on outcome of the election and opinion polls are hard to go by these days. But if he loses, I believe he must give up power

No, he doesn't need to.

"

I'm not sure how it works in France but what's the point in an election if he ignores the result?

By *ostindreamsMan 1 week ago

London

"Whether it's a good move or bad depends on outcome of the election and opinion polls are hard to go by these days. But if he loses, I believe he must give up power

No, he doesn't need to.

"

He doesn't have to, legally speaking. But I just personally believe he should.

By *eroy1000Man 1 week ago

milton keynes

No, he doesn't need to.

I'm not sure how it works in France but what's the point in an election if he ignores the result?"

As far as I understand the election is for parliament not for the president which is a separate thing and not due for a few years. Basically he gets to keep his job while putting others at risk. I suppose he could resign early but no indication he will. Apparently he already struggles to get things through parliament so maybe he thinks a snap election will help. Massive state debts and also their share of ever increasing EU debt makes it hard to splash the cash for the feel good factor, pre election.

By *ermbiMan 1 week ago

Ballyshannon

No, he doesn't need to.

I'm not sure how it works in France but what's the point in an election if he ignores the result?

As far as I understand the election is for parliament not for the president which is a separate thing and not due for a few years. Basically he gets to keep his job while putting others at risk. I suppose he could resign early but no indication he will. Apparently he already struggles to get things through parliament so maybe he thinks a snap election will help. Massive state debts and also their share of ever increasing EU debt makes it hard to splash the cash for the feel good factor, pre election."

Yes he remains as President if a different government is formed. He may be betting on Le Pen screwing it up big time before the presidential election to gain more ground for himself and his party before next gen election. A huge gamble

By *anesjhCouple 1 week ago

LONDON.

"She won't lead her party into power - it just won't happen. French citizens are rightfully annoyed with Macron (over many issues, over a long period of time) but at the same time they are not stupid.

Some people think that just because her party is rising in the polls, that this is the clearest indicator that France wants an Ultra Right Wing Party in power. They don't.

It's simply a Reform mirror of the way French people are feeling at the moment and as such - Reform won't get in, NR won't get in.

"

What was your prediction in the run up to the Brexit vote?

By *hagTonight OP   Man 6 days ago

[Removed by poster at 30/06/24 11:20:20]

By *hagTonight OP   Man 6 days ago

Today, the election begin, it will be interesting to see how it goes and who will win it

By *exyusMan 5 days ago

halifax

la pen victotr will help stop the boats coming over so hope she wins - bout time france had a shake up

By *mateur100Man 5 days ago

nr faversham

The 2 leading parties after round one are far left and far right. Despite Johnny TN's suggestions to the contrary, I'm not far right are neither are any of those reform voters I know so this is a major concern. Worrying times but the blame lies solely with the fools who have been in power and failed miserably to serve their counties

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 5 days ago

golden fields

"The 2 leading parties after round one are far left and far right. Despite Johnny TN's suggestions to the contrary, I'm not far right are neither are any of those reform voters I know "

Why are you bringing me into this. I haven't participated in this thread?

I've never commented on your political persuasions.

I'm sure naming and attempted shaming isn't allowed on the forums.

By *ostindreamsMan 5 days ago

London

The "far right" party will most probably lose the second round because Macron and the left wing party will probably work together to defeat them.

By *hagTonight OP   Man 5 days ago

The far right wins in the first round, the exit polls suggest that rn took about 34 percent of votes, whilst macrons centrist alliance slumped to third with 20.3 percent vote, if the far right wins it, would it mean that macron would have to work with them? Le pen vows to work with macron if she wins

By *ostindreamsMan 5 days ago

London

"The far right wins in the first round, the exit polls suggest that rn took about 34 percent of votes, whilst macrons centrist alliance slumped to third with 20.3 percent vote, if the far right wins it, would it mean that macron would have to work with them? Le pen vows to work with macron if she wins "

They will lose the second round. Macron and the left wing party will collude to ensure that one of their partys' votes go to the other.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 4 days ago

Gilfach

"They will lose the second round. Macron and the left wing party will collude to ensure that one of their partys' votes go to the other."

If the centrist candidate pulls out, leaving the electorate with a choice between far left and far right, what makes so convinced that they'll go left?

By *ostindreamsMan 4 days ago

London

"They will lose the second round. Macron and the left wing party will collude to ensure that one of their partys' votes go to the other.

If the centrist candidate pulls out, leaving the electorate with a choice between far left and far right, what makes so convinced that they'll go left?"

Just vibes

The far left party announced that they will drop out of places where they are at third places. So I believe the centrist and the far left are acting as a de facto coalition and that will influence people to an extent.

By *ostindreamsMan 4 days ago

London

In 300 out of 577 constituencies, candidates from all three parties have qualified for the second round. In those 300, 200 candidates have opted to withdraw hoping that their voters will choose the non-RN option.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 4 days ago

Gilfach

"They will lose the second round. Macron and the left wing party will collude to ensure that one of their partys' votes go to the other.

If the centrist candidate pulls out, leaving the electorate with a choice between far left and far right, what makes so convinced that they'll go left?"

"Just vibes

The far left party announced that they will drop out of places where they are at third places. So I believe the centrist and the far left are acting as a de facto coalition and that will influence people to an extent."

If the far left party in a constituency pulls out, I can imagine all their voters changing to the centre party, to keep the right out. But if the centre party pulls out and the centrist voters have a choice between far left, and far right, I'm not convinced that left looks more attractive. I suspect that they'll all just stay at home, making it more likely that RN will win.

We'll soon see.

By *mateur100Man 4 days ago

nr faversham

"The 2 leading parties after round one are far left and far right. Despite Johnny TN's suggestions to the contrary, I'm not far right are neither are any of those reform voters I know

I'm sure naming and attempted shaming isn't allowed on the forums. "

You have more than suggested that anyone voting for reform is racist. Work it out

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 4 days ago

golden fields

"The 2 leading parties after round one are far left and far right. Despite Johnny TN's suggestions to the contrary, I'm not far right are neither are any of those reform voters I know

I'm sure naming and attempted shaming isn't allowed on the forums.

You have more than suggested that anyone voting for reform is racist. Work it out "

No.

Any chance you could stop making up bullshit about me.

Stop trying to name and shame me.

Stop the personal attacks in threads I haven't been involved in.

Cheers.

» Add a new message to this topic