FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Julian Assange

Julian Assange

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ohnnyTwoNotes OP   Man 1 week ago

golden fields

Heading back towards US territory to plead guilty on one charge.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ools and the brainCouple 1 week ago

couple, us we him her.

"Heading back towards US territory to plead guilty on one charge. "

He'll die in a " car crash" within a year.

By *exyusMan 1 week ago

halifax

he should have been extradited and tried and spend rest of his life in an american jail

By *ophieslutTV/TS 1 week ago

Central

I hope that he gets leniency

By *oubleswing2019Man 1 week ago

Colchester

[Removed by poster at 26/06/24 00:34:13]

By *oubleswing2019Man 1 week ago

Colchester

It's a tricky one, but it boils down the letter of the law, and it is very clear he broke the law of the Espionage Act.

The Act itself does not stop you from breaking it. It merely says that if you do, these the are transgressions for which you will be tried in a court of law.

There is no provision within the Act as far as I am aware, that allows it to be broken without punishment. Eg, in the interests of public knowledge or disclosure. Investigative journalism. Etc.

That is what needs to change, to enable the spirit of the law to be enacted where appropriate without punishment.

There is no flex in it, and that ultimately makes it Draconian.

Should he have done it ? That's not for me to say. I doubt even the Act itself makes that assertion, because I don't believe it can be made.

It only states what will happen if it is "tested".

Does the Act violate the First Amendment ? An awful lot of well read and cleverer people than I seem to think so, and this is their area of expertise.

By *estivalMan 1 week ago

borehamwood

"he should have been extradited and tried and spend rest of his life in an american jail

"

why? Just because he embarrassed the yanks by showing what they do in war, by that i meen attacking civilians with a helicopter gunship, he should of been lauded not kept locked up in bellmarsh

By *idnight RamblerMan 1 week ago

Pershore

He's paid the tariff by now, even if you think he did wrong in the first place. Apart from which, extradition to US is a joke, it's a one-way street. Just bullying by the US.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 1 week ago

in Lancashire

"he should have been extradited and tried and spend rest of his life in an american jail

"

If your family were slaughtered by another countries military and they were innocent would you still say that?

The job of journalists is to report such wrongs..

By *atEvolutionCouple 1 week ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

All moot - Sentenced as Time Served. 13 years. Chelsea manning got 35 which was commuted to 7 years time confinement.

So his sentence is served - leave him to get on with his life.

By *owestoft ManMan 1 week ago

Lowestoft

I never really followed this story. I know when it first came on, it was stated he had leaked information that could have put military members in danger. If that is true then I think he deserved what he went through and should really have been imprisoned. But if it was just simply taking photos or videos of what went on in conflicts, without giving away military coordinates etc. then why not.

By *idnight RamblerMan 1 week ago

Pershore

"I never really followed this story. I know when it first came on, it was stated he had leaked information that could have put military members in danger. If that is true then I think he deserved what he went through and should really have been imprisoned. But if it was just simply taking photos or videos of what went on in conflicts, without giving away military coordinates etc. then why not.

"

He was guilty of publishing information obtained through hacking. But let's be honest, that's happening every day of the week with hackers from Russia, China, Nigeria ..... with complete impunity.

By *wistntwirlCouple 1 week ago

Middle Land

"I never really followed this story. I know when it first came on, it was stated he had leaked information that could have put military members in danger. If that is true then I think he deserved what he went through and should really have been imprisoned. But if it was just simply taking photos or videos of what went on in conflicts, without giving away military coordinates etc. then why not.

He was guilty of publishing information obtained through hacking. But let's be honest, that's happening every day of the week with hackers from Russia, China, Nigeria ..... with complete impunity."

but definitely not the US or the UK. We'd never do such a thing.

By *abioMan 1 week ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

He doesn’t deny he knew the documents and the diplomatic cables he got were s tolen …..

He doesn’t deny that they put out stuff that seriously endangered people in the pursuit of clicks

If they had been more selective about what they put out… I might have more sympathy for assange! But they dripped fed everything!

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 1 week ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Saw the apache gunship footage shooting people in Iraq. It shows US forces, certainly apache pilots, to be utter wankers.

Shots fired one of them lies. They were chomping at the bit to kill and wanted to kill what they probably percieved to be sand people.

This needed to be public in the same way the massacres and executions from Vietnam did. The US never did explain exactly who and how folk were put at risk.

» Add a new message to this topic