FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Another shocking poll for Tories

Another shocking poll for Tories

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irldn OP   Couple 2 weeks ago

Brighton

The Telegraph…

“Rishi Sunak is predicted to become the first sitting prime minister ever to lose their seat at a general election.

The Conservatives are also on track to slump to just 53 seats, with around three-quarters of the Cabinet voted out, a major opinion poll for The Telegraph has revealed.

The Liberal Democrats are on course to be just behind the Tories on 50 MPs, according to the Savanta and Electoral Calculus polling analysis, leaving them in touching distance of becoming the official opposition.

Labour is forecast to have 516 seats and an estimated House of Commons majority of 382 – double that won by Sir Tony Blair in 1997 – as Sir Keir Starmer becomes prime minister.

Meanwhile Reform, despite a surge in the polls, is predicted to get zero seats. For Nigel Farage, the recently returned Reform leader, it would mean an eighth defeat in a row as a parliamentary candidate.”

Wow!

IMO Labour having such a huge majority is terrible for democracy as the Govt could do anything!

While I am no supporter of Reform, having so much popular support but getting no MPs just shows how flawed the FPTP system is!

Tories faving carnage!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eroy1000Man 2 weeks ago

milton keynes

"The Telegraph…

“Rishi Sunak is predicted to become the first sitting prime minister ever to lose their seat at a general election.

The Conservatives are also on track to slump to just 53 seats, with around three-quarters of the Cabinet voted out, a major opinion poll for The Telegraph has revealed.

The Liberal Democrats are on course to be just behind the Tories on 50 MPs, according to the Savanta and Electoral Calculus polling analysis, leaving them in touching distance of becoming the official opposition.

Labour is forecast to have 516 seats and an estimated House of Commons majority of 382 – double that won by Sir Tony Blair in 1997 – as Sir Keir Starmer becomes prime minister.

Meanwhile Reform, despite a surge in the polls, is predicted to get zero seats. For Nigel Farage, the recently returned Reform leader, it would mean an eighth defeat in a row as a parliamentary candidate.”

Wow!

IMO Labour having such a huge majority is terrible for democracy as the Govt could do anything!

While I am no supporter of Reform, having so much popular support but getting no MPs just shows how flawed the FPTP system is!

Tories faving carnage!"

I have seen a few people that are predicting a Labour landslide though not quite on that scale. I agree, having such a large majority is not good but if it happens then just have to get on with it and hope Wales really isn't the blueprint. No reform MP's would not surprise me at all but they will get millions of votes. Some of which may be due to how some are trying to deal with them (personal opinion only). Maybe when the cabinet ministers and PM are losing their seats one by one the penny will finally drop.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 2 weeks ago

golden fields

"The Telegraph…

Wow!

Tories faving carnage!"

Could it be the Torygraph trying to scare it's readers to get out their and vote blue?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 2 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"The Telegraph…

Wow!

Tories faving carnage!

Could it be the Torygraph trying to scare it's readers to get out their and vote blue?"

Would be my guess too..

By *roadShoulderzMan 2 weeks ago

Petersfield

Very few actual votes have been submitted. The bulk of the postal votes have yet to arrive.

Whilst a huge Labour majority isn't desirable, a humiliated Tory Party would allow them to decide what they stand for, re-group and come up with policies which make them electable. Might take them 30 years but who really cares.

By *ravelmanxxxMan 2 weeks ago

Durham/ Leeds

"The Telegraph…

Wow!

Tories faving carnage!

I have seen a few people that are predicting a Labour landslide though not quite on that scale. I agree, having such a large majority is not good but if it happens then just have to get on with it and hope Wales really isn't the blueprint. No reform MP's would not surprise me at all but they will get millions of votes. Some of which may be due to how some are trying to deal with them (personal opinion only). Maybe when the cabinet ministers and PM are losing their seats one by one the penny will finally drop."

Yep the grooming gangs will be rubbing their hands, if Liebour win.

By *abioMan 2 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Savanta polling as been an outlier in all the MRP polling so far… the others haven’t been nearly as wild so there are going to be some interesting methodology questions asked post election

By *ostindreamsMan 2 weeks ago

London

They are done and dusted. The funny part is that they actually had more public support under Johnson even after partygate. Then came Liz Truss to pull it down. When Sunak came in, people said it can't get worse. But guess what? It did.

By *anifestoMan 2 weeks ago

dublin

Would love to see Patel, Braverman and Rees Mog lose their seats by huge majorities.

In other news I was talking to a lorry driver this afternoon and he says his young adult children are all voting for Farage. I was interested in that he didn't mention party just him by name. I don't understand this cult like following he has? What is it that makes him resonate with people?

By *ortyairCouple 2 weeks ago

Wallasey

"The Telegraph…

Wow!

Tories faving carnage!

Could it be the Torygraph trying to scare it's readers to get out their and vote blue?"

You still think Torirs have a chance? Mrs x

By *roadShoulderzMan 2 weeks ago

Petersfield

"They are done and dusted. The funny part is that they actually had more public support under Johnson even after partygate. Then came Liz Truss to pull it down. When Sunak came in, people said it can't get worse. But guess what? It did."

I read Lord Johnson of Partygate, as he will then be known, is planning to lead the Tories into the 2028 election...

By *idnight RamblerMan 2 weeks ago

Pershore

"Would love to see Patel, Braverman and Rees Mog lose their seats by huge majorities.

In other news I was talking to a lorry driver this afternoon and he says his young adult children are all voting for Farage. I was interested in that he didn't mention party just him by name. I don't understand this cult like following he has? What is it that makes him resonate with people?"

Well, Farage has said it's a 'single issue election'. There's a clue to his popularity there.

By *melie LALWoman 2 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Would love to see Patel, Braverman and Rees Mog lose their seats by huge majorities.

In other news I was talking to a lorry driver this afternoon and he says his young adult children are all voting for Farage. I was interested in that he didn't mention party just him by name. I don't understand this cult like following he has? What is it that makes him resonate with people?

Well, Farage has said it's a 'single issue election'. There's a clue to his popularity there."

Nah that was 2019 and brexit.

By *isterBuckMan 2 weeks ago

Birmingham

In other news I was talking to a lorry driver this afternoon and he says his young adult children are all voting for Farage. I was interested in that he didn't mention party just him by name. I don't understand this cult like following he has? What is it that makes him resonate with people?"

Well having a personality is a good start.

He is very personable and also very easy with a very wide mix of people. He also isn’t too bothered about getting into the melee and mixing it up with people. He also laughs a lot.

And that’s something that a lot of politicians simply aren’t very good at, particularly if they are from the more technocratic metropolitan part of the spectrum. Starmer and Sunak are prime examples.

For all their purported differences, the reality is that Sunak, Starmer and Davey would all get on much better with each other than they would with their constituents. Farage and Galloway are the exceptions currently, and both are also very natural and exceptional orators.

Farage has a show on GB News and he does the whole show without a teleprompter or significant notes. Which is pretty much unheard of nowadays.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 2 weeks ago

nearby

They have dug there own grave

Now today Sunaks protection officer arrested.

Not seen a single Tory canvasser in our area

By *ortyairCouple 2 weeks ago

Wallasey

Where's all the rabid Tory forum it's, they've disappeared too it seems, Mrs x

By *oo hotCouple 2 weeks ago

North West

"The Telegraph…

Wow!

Tories faving carnage!"

The Government could do anything with a majority of one. The increased size of the majority just gives more breathing space.

nearby

He is very personable and also very easy with a very wide mix of people. He also isn’t too bothered about getting into the melee and mixing it up with people. He also laughs a lot.

And that’s something that a lot of politicians simply aren’t very good at, particularly if they are from the more technocratic metropolitan part of the spectrum. Starmer and Sunak are prime examples.

For all their purported differences, the reality is that Sunak, Starmer and Davey would all get on much better with each other than they would with their constituents. Farage and Galloway are the exceptions currently, and both are also very natural and exceptional orators.

Farage has a show on GB News and he does the whole show without a teleprompter or significant notes. Which is pretty much unheard of nowadays."

17% of voters would appear to share your view. Will not be surprised to see a further swing to reform, still two weeks to go.

London

"They are done and dusted. The funny part is that they actually had more public support under Johnson even after partygate. Then came Liz Truss to pull it down. When Sunak came in, people said it can't get worse. But guess what? It did.

I read Lord Johnson of Partygate, as he will then be known, is planning to lead the Tories into the 2028 election..."

He will be looking for a right moment to come back. I expect Sunak to quit or just step down from leadership after the election. He will try to get into the contest. I don't think he will be the right option though. They will have to rebuild the party with fresh leadership

golden fields

Simple solutions to complex problems sound good to people who are only half paying attention and who don't understand the problems.

golden fields

"The Telegraph…

Wow!

Tories faving carnage!

Could it be the Torygraph trying to scare it's readers to get out their and vote blue?You still think Torirs have a chance? Mrs x"

No, I was completely wrong. I didn't think the Tories ever increasingly divisive rhetoric would back fire and drive people to the Tories on steroids. I thought it would work as it has done for the past 3-4 elections.

Birmingham

Farage has a show on GB News and he does the whole show without a teleprompter or significant notes. Which is pretty much unheard of nowadays.

17% of voters would appear to share your view. Will not be surprised to see a further swing to reform, still two weeks to go. "

One of the polls seems to have Tories/Reform together % wise pretty much the same as Labour.

The Tories have lost their right flank in pursuit of people on the Left who don’t exist.

By *mateur100Man 2 weeks ago

nr faversham

They're record is poor and they deserve a bloody nose BUT no matter what your political leaning, the country needs a strong opposition to keep the government up to the task. The last five years are testament to that

nearby

"They're record is poor and they deserve a bloody nose BUT no matter what your political leaning, the country needs a strong opposition to keep the government up to the task. The last five years are testament to that"

Voters are more interested in Farage and Reforms policies than anything the tories say or do.

Another 882 on boats arrived yesterday.

golden fields

"They're record is poor and they deserve a bloody nose BUT no matter what your political leaning, the country needs a strong opposition to keep the government up to the task. The last five years are testament to that

Voters are more interested in Farage and Reforms policies than anything the tories say or do.

Another 882 on boats arrived yesterday. "

A strong opposition helps to keep parliament balanced. But you're right, lots of people are just so distracted by 'them foreigners over there on them small boats', that they think voting for a con man is a good idea.

nearby

"They're record is poor and they deserve a bloody nose BUT no matter what your political leaning, the country needs a strong opposition to keep the government up to the task. The last five years are testament to that

A strong opposition helps to keep parliament balanced. But you're right, lots of people are just so distracted by 'them foreigners over there on them small boats', that they think voting for a con man is a good idea. "

Reforms proposed policy of cancelling student debt for 500,000 new university enrolments annually seems to have gone unnoticed

By *anJenny 181Couple 2 weeks ago

Preston

Tories got far to greedy with our money and gave it to their rich mates.

Labour will be in power as they are the only alternative party

Far right no thanks we are a tolerant country and fought wars to rid ourselves of facist

Some independents look interesting & some green candidates, but don't have the media spotlight or party machine to push for mass votes

golden fields

A strong opposition helps to keep parliament balanced. But you're right, lots of people are just so distracted by 'them foreigners over there on them small boats', that they think voting for a con man is a good idea.

Reforms proposed policy of cancelling student debt for 500,000 new university enrolments annually seems to have gone unnoticed "

For sure. Their _anifesto is hard work to get through. Much of it feels like it was copy and pasted from Lee Anderson's angry rants on twitter.

By *oo hotCouple 2 weeks ago

North West

People like to be lied to especially if the lies resonate with their own prejudices.

The Pied Piper was written a long, long time ago but human nature doesn’t seem to change. You just have to replace children with the hard of thinking.

By *AFKA HovisMan 2 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Reforms proposed policy of cancelling student debt for 500,000 new university enrolments annually seems to have gone unnoticed "

when they magiced up 100bn of savings and call it fully costed, I lost the interest to do the detail. It's a Christmas list wish written by the poor kid who knows he ain't even getting coal.

Which is a shame as they could have created a really challenging _anifesto, and not lost votes.

By *usybee73Man 2 weeks ago

in the sticks

Mini prediction

Obviously labour win, reform beat the Tories in vote percentage

Obviously reform get hardly any seats etc ... public get pissed off and in 5 years proportional representation comes in

Brighton

"The Telegraph…

Wow!

Tories faving carnage!

The Government could do anything with a majority of one. The increased size of the majority just gives more breathing space."

In theory yes re majority of one. But that assumes no rebels or MPs voting as per constituent wishes and/or against the whip.

By *ggdrasil66Man 2 weeks ago

Saltdean

People like to be lied to especially if the lies resonate with their own prejudices.

The Pied Piper was written a long, long time ago but human nature doesn’t seem to change. You just have to replace children with the hard of thinking."

Oh I remember you, tell me, have you actually gotten over BREXIT yet? Or are you still banging on about what b*states we all were for voting for it??

Ah well, same old same old, right?

By *ggdrasil66Man 2 weeks ago

Saltdean

"Mini prediction

Obviously reform get hardly any seats etc ... public get pissed off and in 5 years proportional representation comes in "

I do hope you are right, we really need PR the sooner the better.

nearby

"Mini prediction

Obviously reform get hardly any seats etc ... public get pissed off and in 5 years proportional representation comes in "

Labour will not support it

What is in no doubt is growing support for reform. Results will be interesting.

By *enSiskoMan 2 weeks ago

Cestus 3

This coming election is a joke, if it is not them it is the other.

Both have no interest in what the public wants, they will listen to anyone who pays.

I have been told I can keep my wealth, I will not be taxed more, and the public are voting for it

Public services will face cuts, more cuts actually if labour gets in the public are voting for it.

In fact the public will vote labour in with a massive majority such a majority that labour will have a license to do what they wish with little or no opposition.

I was told labour are the next party, the public are doing what they are told.

So when I come back here and comment on whatever the topic is and say well you voted for it, it has no effect on me as you were all told I am to keep my wealth, please do not get angry with me be angry with yourselves.

Birmingham

"Tories got far to greedy with our money and gave it to their rich mates.

Labour will be in power as they are the only alternative party

Far right no thanks we are a tolerant country and fought wars to rid ourselves of facist

Some independents look interesting & some green candidates, but don't have the media spotlight or party machine to push for mass votes

"

Who are these facists? They need to be rooted out.

People shouldn’t be discriminated against because they don’t have a face. It isn’t right.

By *exy_HornyCouple 2 weeks ago

Leigh

"The Telegraph…

Wow!

Tories faving carnage!"

This just shows that the general public are, generally, stupid.

Voting for the Labour party, who haven't really detailed their policies so as not to scare people, on the basis they "want change" and they "must be better" than the current government. They are voting to destroy the country.

I appreciate that the current government is awful, and has squandered their 14 years in power (even with a large majority).

Birmingham

"The Telegraph…

Wow!

Tories faving carnage!

Voting for the Labour party, who haven't really detailed their policies so as not to scare people, on the basis they "want change" and they "must be better" than the current government. They are voting to destroy the country.

I appreciate that the current government is awful, and has squandered their 14 years in power (even with a large majority)."

Yes it is quite laughable. Labour is really pushing the “change” message though to be honest so do all the parties who aren’t in government.

Labour’s _anifesto even has the word “Change” next to a photo of Starmer, looking very much like he’s in a marketing brochure for corporate audit services.

“Vote Keir for a more sustainable and inclusive auditing experience”.

Pershore

"Mini prediction

Which party would pass the legislation? It's like asking Turkeys to vote for Christmas!

Pershore

"The Telegraph…

Wow!

Tories faving carnage!

I appreciate that the current government is awful, and has squandered their 14 years in power (even with a large majority)."

Well, the 'stupid' general public will be exacting their revenge on 4th July. Maybe the next government might give them credit for being a bit smarter.

By *eandmrsjones69Couple 2 weeks ago

Middle England

The malaise started so long ago. When you think of all the issues; housing, schools, NHS, sewage (water companies), the list goes on. It's all due to a lack of long term vision, thinking and planning.

This tribal politics doesn't serve the people well. Not sure what the answer is now. When something is this broken not sure if it's ever going to be fixed.

The rot set in years ago and it's here to stay.

By *exy_HornyCouple 2 weeks ago

Leigh

"The Telegraph…

Wow!

Tories faving carnage!

I appreciate that the current government is awful, and has squandered their 14 years in power (even with a large majority).

Well, the 'stupid' general public will be exacting their revenge on 4th July. Maybe the next government might give them credit for being a bit smarter."

Nope.

They will just tax us to oblivion and rig the next election by increasing immigration and allowing 16 year olds to vote.

Pershore

"The Telegraph…

Wow!

Tories faving carnage!

Well, the 'stupid' general public will be exacting their revenge on 4th July. Maybe the next government might give them credit for being a bit smarter.

Nope.

They will just tax us to oblivion and rig the next election by increasing immigration and allowing 16 year olds to vote."

Tend to agree. Expect sneaky stealth taxes galore and illegal immigration numbers will plummet once the law is changed to re-define 'illegal'. Crazy.

Pershore

"The malaise started so long ago. When you think of all the issues; housing, schools, NHS, sewage (water companies), the list goes on. It's all due to a lack of long term vision, thinking and planning.

This tribal politics doesn't serve the people well. Not sure what the answer is now. When something is this broken not sure if it's ever going to be fixed.

The rot set in years ago and it's here to stay."

The political process is flawed. The HoC is just a debating chamber - an extension of student hustings. All we get is gladiatorial 'hot air' and point scoring. Then we have the constant churn of ministers (7 Chancellors is it?). We need professional governance for the 21c.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 2 weeks ago

Border of London

"

Voting for the Labour party, who haven't really detailed their policies so as not to scare people, on the basis they "want change" and they "must be better" than the current government. "

It actually just shows that:

(a) Labour understands how not to lose an otherwise guaranteed win. The only way for Labour to lose is an own goal, so they say nothing. A tactic many politicians (around the world) have disregarded to their own peril.

(b) People are really, REALLY, angry. Are people less than rational? Of course, they always are. That doesn't make them stupid.

Keir Starmer is likely to be elected with a majority that gives him the power to legislate anything he likes, with few _anifesto promises to break/enact. His patience and boringness might actually pay off.

Let's see how long he stays and who replaces him. Anyone who wants to actually have a vote that counts should join the Labour party NOW.

golden fields

"The Telegraph…

Wow!

Tories faving carnage!

Nope.

They will just tax us to oblivion and rig the next election by increasing immigration and allowing 16 year olds to vote."

The last few Tory governments destroyed most of these old tropes about Labour. People still roll them out anyway.

Brighton

"Yes it is quite laughable. Labour is really pushing the “change” message though to be honest so do all the parties who aren’t in government.

Labour’s _anifesto even has the word “Change” next to a photo of Starmer, looking very much like he’s in a marketing brochure for corporate audit services.

“Vote Keir for a more sustainable and inclusive auditing experience”."

At this rate we are going to need to buy the devil a scarf, hat, and gloves because hell has frozen over again!

By *usybee73Man 2 weeks ago

in the sticks

"Mini prediction

Obviously reform get hardly any seats etc ... public get pissed off and in 5 years proportional representation comes in

Which party would pass the legislation? It's like asking Turkeys to vote for Christmas!"

Only ones who can change that is us, the general public.

People forget mps are public servants, not the other way round.

The irony is we forced pr on Europe as to stop dictatorships happening again.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 2 weeks ago

Central

Michael Gove still thinks the conservatives can pull back . This poll is unlikely to be very close to the results as it's such an outlier.

If Reform actually had credible plans, they might deserve an MP or so. Climate change denial isn't a powerful foundation.

It would definitely be fantastic to get some toxic ministers out of the way. Tactical voting could prove very effective

By *ustagentMan 2 weeks ago

wa14

"Mini prediction

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 2 weeks ago

Cumbria

"The Telegraph…

Wow!

Tories faving carnage!

Yes it is quite laughable. Labour is really pushing the “change” message though to be honest so do all the parties who aren’t in government.

“Vote Keir for a more sustainable and inclusive auditing experience”."

I think a dull government that doesn’t trash the country would be a pleasant change from the last 14 years.

London

Btw what happened to Starmer's plan to get rid of the Lords? Is it mentioned anywhere in the Manifesto?

Pershore

"Btw what happened to Starmer's plan to get rid of the Lords? Is it mentioned anywhere in the Manifesto?"

Comrade, once we seize power the bourgeois capitalists will be eliminated and replaced by a People's Commissariat.

London

"Btw what happened to Starmer's plan to get rid of the Lords? Is it mentioned anywhere in the Manifesto?

Comrade, once we seize power the bourgeois capitalists will be eliminated and replaced by a People's Commissariat. "

I guess an average aristocracy admirer like me will be purged in the process

Pershore

"Btw what happened to Starmer's plan to get rid of the Lords? Is it mentioned anywhere in the Manifesto?

Comrade, once we seize power the bourgeois capitalists will be eliminated and replaced by a People's Commissariat.

I guess an average aristocracy admirer like me will be purged in the process "

It doesn't look good I'm afraid. Many fabbers display bourgeois tendencies and will be doing their swinging in Gulags after 4th July.

By *abioMan 2 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Mini prediction

PR will never come in as it’s labour and conservative who benefit most from it… Turkeys aren’t voting for Xmas!!

nr faversham

"Mini prediction

PR will never come in as it’s labour and conservative who benefit most from it… Turkeys aren’t voting for Xmas!! "

You're probably right but just for arguments sake, say Reform poll at between 20-25%, ahead of the Tories and way ahead of the lib Dems. Can all those pro PR voices of the last decades really shut up just because it doesn't suit them? And if they do, where does that put their credibility with the electorate?

Cumbria

"Mini prediction

PR will never come in as it’s labour and conservative who benefit most from it… Turkeys aren’t voting for Xmas!!

You're probably right but just for arguments sake, say Reform poll at between 20-25%, ahead of the Tories and way ahead of the lib Dems. Can all those pro PR voices of the last decades really shut up just because it doesn't suit them? And if they do, where does that put their credibility with the electorate? "

Why would they shut up? Supporters of PR want it because it improves representation and tempers the more extreme ideas of political parties, as they have to take into account the views of their coalition partners.

By *abioMan 2 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Mini prediction

You're probably right but just for arguments sake, say Reform poll at between 20-25%, ahead of the Tories and way ahead of the lib Dems. Can all those pro PR voices of the last decades really shut up just because it doesn't suit them? And if they do, where does that put their credibility with the electorate? "

Yep.. because any change in the law is going to have to pass in parliament…. And if you know 35-40% of the vote gets you normally 50-55% of the seats.. there is no incentive for the larger parties to ever change it…

You can call it the Lib Dem problem.. for years they would get 20% of the vote and end up with not as many seats!

nr faversham

"Mini prediction

You're probably right but just for arguments sake, say Reform poll at between 20-25%, ahead of the Tories and way ahead of the lib Dems. Can all those pro PR voices of the last decades really shut up just because it doesn't suit them? And if they do, where does that put their credibility with the electorate?

Yep.. because any change in the law is going to have to pass in parliament…. And if you know 35-40% of the vote gets you normally 50-55% of the seats.. there is no incentive for the larger parties to ever change it…

You can call it the Lib Dem problem.. for years they would get 20% of the vote and end up with not as many seats! "

I agree yet more and more younger voters seem to be pro PR. Neither way is perfect but we have what we have

By *aribbean King 1985Man 2 weeks ago

South West London

I would take these polls with a pinch of salt because they're mostly wrong. In fact some of them I would say are wildly exaggerated

Cumbria

"I would take these polls with a pinch of salt because they're mostly wrong. In fact some of them I would say are wildly exaggerated"

Yeah, some of them have Reform on as much as 18%!

By *ggdrasil66Man 1 week ago

Saltdean

Simple solutions to complex problems sound good to people who are only half paying attention and who don't understand the problems."

And you would have complex solutions? We have had all that rubbish for decades now, and still our problems have not been resolved, your narrative, posting the same thing over and over again doesn’t work with Reform UK supporters. Because no matter if you say it a million times, it is still wrong. VOTE REFORM!!!

By *irldn OP   Couple 1 week ago

Brighton

Simple solutions to complex problems sound good to people who are only half paying attention and who don't understand the problems.

And you would have complex solutions? We have had all that rubbish for decades now, and still our problems have not been resolved, your narrative, posting the same thing over and over again doesn’t work with Reform UK supporters. Because no matter if you say it a million times, it is still wrong. VOTE REFORM!!!"

I don’t agree with you but I totally respect your decision to vote Reform. I think their existence and the fact there are people like yourself who are drawn to them, illustrates how the main parties have consistently ignored the concerns of many of the “man in the street”.

Reform won’t gain many seats in a FPTP system but maybe their popularity should be a wake up call for the other parties to take note?

By *oncupiscentTonyMan 1 week ago

Kent

"And you would have complex solutions? We have had all that rubbish for decades now, and still our problems have not been resolved, your narrative, posting the same thing over and over again doesn’t work with Reform UK supporters. Because no matter if you say it a million times, it is still wrong. VOTE REFORM!!!"

You'll have a struggle, not sure Reform are putting up a candidate for Kemptown

Brighton

"And you would have complex solutions? We have had all that rubbish for decades now, and still our problems have not been resolved, your narrative, posting the same thing over and over again doesn’t work with Reform UK supporters. Because no matter if you say it a million times, it is still wrong. VOTE REFORM!!!

You'll have a struggle, not sure Reform are putting up a candidate for Kemptown "

There is that too

By *ornucopiaMan 1 week ago

Bexley

"I would take these polls with a pinch of salt because they're mostly wrong. In fact some of them I would say are wildly exaggerated"

I don't trust the polls an inch.

Far from putting the shits up the Tories, they might actually be designed to frighten their ditherers into making sure that they go and vote lest they get defeated.

Propaganda wars work in mysterious ways.

By *ornLordMan 1 week ago

Wiltshire and London

"I would take these polls with a pinch of salt because they're mostly wrong. In fact some of them I would say are wildly exaggerated

I don't trust the polls an inch.

Far from putting the shits up the Tories, they might actually be designed to frighten their ditherers into making sure that they go and vote lest they get defeated.

Propaganda wars work in mysterious ways."

The red map on the front of the torygraph a few days back will have had that purpose. However, I suspect they went too early with that one - another cock-up - as Labour and others can reply with an exhortation to get out and vote so that is what the country does look like afterwards.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 1 week ago

Cumbria

And you would have complex solutions? We have had all that rubbish for decades now, and still our problems have not been resolved, your narrative, posting the same thing over and over again doesn’t work with Reform UK supporters. Because no matter if you say it a million times, it is still wrong. VOTE REFORM!!!

I don’t agree with you but I totally respect your decision to vote Reform. I think their existence and the fact there are people like yourself who are drawn to them, illustrates how the main parties have consistently ignored the concerns of many of the “man in the street”.

Reform won’t gain many seats in a FPTP system but maybe their popularity should be a wake up call for the other parties to take note? "

I get what you are saying but are Reform really saying anything the right wing of the Conservatives (ERG etc.) aren’t?

They are essentially the cult of Farage, the people who preferred the ‘good old days’ when women knew their place, homosexuality was something to sneer at, and the forrins kept their mouths shut for fear of a kicking from Lee Anderson’s mates.

When times are hard economically we see a rise in far right activity, it happened across Europe in the 30s and it’s happening again now. As Neville Chamberlain found out, you can’t appease the far right, they will never be satisfied, we should take heed of that and not pander to it.

Brighton

Reform won’t gain many seats in a FPTP system but maybe their popularity should be a wake up call for the other parties to take note?

I get what you are saying but are Reform really saying anything the right wing of the Conservatives (ERG etc.) aren’t?

They are essentially the cult of Farage, the people who preferred the ‘good old days’ when women knew their place, homosexuality was something to sneer at, and the forrins kept their mouths shut for fear of a kicking from Lee Anderson’s mates.

When times are hard economically we see a rise in far right activity, it happened across Europe in the 30s and it’s happening again now. As Neville Chamberlain found out, you can’t appease the far right, they will never be satisfied, we should take heed of that and not pander to it."

All good points. However, my opinion is that we should not closedown discussions because they do not accord with our world view. True democracy reflects the people it is supposed to represent. That is why I favour Proportional Representation.

I have said this before on other threads, I would rather the extremists are out in the open sitting in parliament (fascist and communist) rather than operating in the shadows of the two main parties which are effectively coalitions.

I don’t see that as appeasement.

By *abioMan 1 week ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"And you would have complex solutions? We have had all that rubbish for decades now, and still our problems have not been resolved, your narrative, posting the same thing over and over again doesn’t work with Reform UK supporters. Because no matter if you say it a million times, it is still wrong. VOTE REFORM!!!

You'll have a struggle, not sure Reform are putting up a candidate for Kemptown

There is that too "

I was going to say bearing in mind various figures in their reform/brexit party/ukip guises have said about lgbt issues and same sex marriage.. I thought that would not have gone down a storm in cosmopolitan Brighton!!

Anyway.. since your more local.. I’ll ask you guys a local question…

Any chance of the greens winning both Brighton seats? Curious for.. ahem.. betting reasons!

Bexley

The latest flyer from my local Tory candidate (sitting) has now changed the colour scheme from blue to a shade of green, the word 'Conservatives' has been reduced dramatically and, wait for it, they've rolled out that favourite last resort of politicians when they can't think of anything else..

..appealing to 'Common sense', whatever that is!

By *isterBuckMan 1 week ago

Birmingham

"The latest flyer from my local Tory candidate (sitting) has now changed the colour scheme from blue to a shade of green, the word 'Conservatives' has been reduced dramatically and, wait for it, they've rolled out that favourite last resort of politicians when they can't think of anything else..

"

Most Conservative MP’s are closet Lib Dem’s/Greens anyway, so at least they are starting to be honest about it.

Wiltshire and London

"The latest flyer from my local Tory candidate (sitting) has now changed the colour scheme from blue to a shade of green, the word 'Conservatives' has been reduced dramatically and, wait for it, they've rolled out that favourite last resort of politicians when they can't think of anything else..

"

Strewth, when even Bexley tories are now descending that low. Mind you, I saw Salisbury called a marginal yesterday; well, it would be, if we didn't have a candidate from one of the other parties misrepresenting Labour's focus on 'winnable' seats...

Bexley

Strewth, when even Bexley tories are now descending that low. Mind you, I saw Salisbury called a marginal yesterday; well, it would be, if we didn't have a candidate from one of the other parties misrepresenting Labour's focus on 'winnable' seats..."

My part of Bexley is in Dartford, if that makes any sense to you. It never has to me!

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 1 week ago

nearby

Guardian reporting Farages TikTok views are leaps ahead of all other parties by some margin

Is there still a 40/45% swing vote?

Wiltshire and London

Strewth, when even Bexley tories are now descending that low. Mind you, I saw Salisbury called a marginal yesterday; well, it would be, if we didn't have a candidate from one of the other parties misrepresenting Labour's focus on 'winnable' seats...

My part of Bexley is in Dartford, if that makes any sense to you. It never has to me!"

I think - from my time when I'd get on the bike during lockdown in SE4 and cycle over there - that Bexley is next door to Dartford, no? Still a funny-shaped constituency though; I wonder why that might be...

By *aribbean King 1985Man 1 week ago

South West London

And when these funny figure polls are published people should question if they're done in a specific area where they likely to vote a particular party which Im sure it is rather then then randomly across the nation

By *aribbean King 1985Man 1 week ago

South West London

[Removed by poster at 26/06/24 12:33:40]

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 1 week ago

in Lancashire

"And when these funny figure polls are published people should question if they're done in a specific area where they likely to vote a particular party which Im sure it is rather then then randomly across the nation"

Take them with a pinch of salt, the exit polls are usually a good indicator of which way the only poll that counts is heading..

Be over soon thank fek..

Birmingham

Oddly the flyer from my Labour candidate came with a Union Jack motif all over the envelope, and inside was a picture of him in military uniform.

It seems like all the parties are busy trying to pretend they are something they are not. Tories pretending to be Greens and LibDems, Labour pretending they are Reform.

Brighton

"And when these funny figure polls are published people should question if they're done in a specific area where they likely to vote a particular party which Im sure it is rather then then randomly across the nation"

Some might. But the bigger pollsters use national representative samples.

Brighton

"Oddly the flyer from my Labour candidate came with a Union Jack motif all over the envelope, and inside was a picture of him in military uniform.

It seems like all the parties are busy trying to pretend they are something they are not. Tories pretending to be Greens and LibDems, Labour pretending they are Reform."

Are you saying Labour candidates cannot be proud to be British or ex-military? Bit of an odd take?

Birmingham

"Oddly the flyer from my Labour candidate came with a Union Jack motif all over the envelope, and inside was a picture of him in military uniform.

It seems like all the parties are busy trying to pretend they are something they are not. Tories pretending to be Greens and LibDems, Labour pretending they are Reform.

Are you saying Labour candidates cannot be proud to be British or ex-military? Bit of an odd take?"

I don’t recall any previous Labour flyers having had a union jack on them, or indeed the candidates having a photo of them in their military uniform.

I don’t know. Why do you think Labour is suddenly desperate to tell everyone how patriotic they are? Why is Starmer perpetually filmed in front of our flag?

What stance could Labour have taken in recent years that makes them worry that the electorate doesn’t think Labour is a patriotic party?

By *idnight RamblerMan 1 week ago

Pershore

Are you saying Labour candidates cannot be proud to be British or ex-military? Bit of an odd take?

I don’t recall any previous Labour flyers having had a union jack on them, or indeed the candidates having a photo of them in their military uniform.

I don’t know. Why do you think Labour is suddenly desperate to tell everyone how patriotic they are? Why is Starmer perpetually filmed in front of our flag?

What stance could Labour have taken in recent years that makes them worry that the electorate doesn’t think Labour is a patriotic party?"

It's window dressing for the GE. Labour know that most of the electorate prefer the Union jack to the Red Flag. But they still belt out their socialist anthem when nobody's looking

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 1 week ago

Cumbria

When times are hard economically we see a rise in far right activity, it happened across Europe in the 30s and it’s happening again now. As Neville Chamberlain found out, you can’t appease the far right, they will never be satisfied, we should take heed of that and not pander to it.

All good points. However, my opinion is that we should not closedown discussions because they do not accord with our world view. True democracy reflects the people it is supposed to represent. That is why I favour Proportional Representation.

I have said this before on other threads, I would rather the extremists are out in the open sitting in parliament (fascist and communist) rather than operating in the shadows of the two main parties which are effectively coalitions.

I don’t see that as appeasement."

I too am a PR supporter, and I don’t want to shut down discussion but I also don’t think pandering to the ageing supporters of a minor party is the way to go. We don’t see people saying that due to their popularity we should start listening more to Green supporters., and up until Farage got involved their poll numbers were similar to Reform.

Farage has a fair few die hard supporters but they are in the more senior age groups, support for Reform (5%) in the under 24 age group is less than a third of that of the Greens (16%), and this is the demographic of the future.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 1 week ago

nearby

"

“Reform won’t gain many seats in a FPTP system but maybe their popularity should be a wake up “

Farage has a fair few die hard supporters but they are in the more senior age groups, support for Reform (5%) in the under 24 age group is less than a third of that of the Greens (16%), and this is the demographic of the future."

5.4 million for Reform if polls accurate

And some ground on 40/45% swing/undecided, another 13 million odd.

» Add a new message to this topic