FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Stopping the Boat People

Stopping the Boat People

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 15 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Lots of pledges and promises from the politicians and parties before the election and more chaotic scenes on French beaches today. One approach can be. Stop all of UK patrol and rescue boats in the Chanel and process those who make to the beaches and 100 per cent zero public support from government, zero housing and benefits and charities the only support. End of..

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ex HolesMan 15 weeks ago

Up North

Good political speech

By *r John WickMan 15 weeks ago

The Continental

Maybe Tom should stick to just reporting the news.

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan 15 weeks ago

It shouldn't be about stopping them,

In the short term try reducing the numbers then with the help from other countries sort out the reason people are leaving their own country

By *naswingdressWoman 15 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

This seems rather political.

I gather that some of Chanel's products have gone downhill in recent years. It's a pity.

Chelmsford

It should be about stopping them. If they had sunk the first boats years ago this invasion would not be happening. Tom would have submarines in the channel with torpedos and machine gun nests at Dover. It would have stopped this evil trade with people traffickers before it gained any momentum. We are too soft

By *uenevereWoman 15 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"It should be about stopping them. If they had sunk the first boats years ago this invasion would not be happening. Tom would have submarines in the channel with torpedos and machine gun nests at Dover. It would have stopped this evil trade with people traffickers before it gained any momentum. We are too soft"

Sorry, are you actually comdoning murder of oeople simply because they're not British?

Chelmsford

"It should be about stopping them. If they had sunk the first boats years ago this invasion would not be happening. Tom would have submarines in the channel with torpedos and machine gun nests at Dover. It would have stopped this evil trade with people traffickers before it gained any momentum. We are too soft

Sorry, are you actually comdoning murder of oeople simply because they're not British?"

No.

By *rivate_userMan 15 weeks ago

Leicester

They must be desperate to risk their lives trying to cross the channel in a flimsy boat.

Get that some are not genuine but others are

Manchester (she/her)

"They must be desperate to risk their lives trying to cross the channel in a flimsy boat.

Get that some are not genuine but others are "

Not as desperate as the people trying to cling to people in flimsy boats as the cause of all of society's woes. Won't somebody think of them and how much they suffer.

And not even as much as the people who just want their old bronzer back. Goddamn it Chanel.

Chelmsford

"They must be desperate to risk their lives trying to cross the channel in a flimsy boat.

Fleeing war torn France. They should not get one penny in benefits or support here..

By *luehairedcumslutCouple 15 weeks ago

St Neots

"It should be about stopping them. If they had sunk the first boats years ago this invasion would not be happening. Tom would have submarines in the channel with torpedos and machine gun nests at Dover. It would have stopped this evil trade with people traffickers before it gained any momentum. We are too soft"

Really trying to hold my tongue with this comment

By *ig1gaz1Man 15 weeks ago

bradford

"Lots of pledges and promises from the politicians and parties before the election and more chaotic scenes on French beaches today. One approach can be. Stop all of UK patrol and rescue boats in the Chanel and process those who make to the beaches and 100 per cent zero public support from government, zero housing and benefits and charities the only support. End of.. "

Because uk is an island it can operate a non refugee or asylum seeker.

weve had plenty of discussions on this subject

we was eu connected and many fools thought leave the eu no more refugees or asylum seekers

sorry you was lied to

to trade with the eu like we do you have to except the terms of the eu that means still excepting refugees or asylum seekers.

since we are still brokering deals with countrys then we have to except there refugees and asylum seekers

the only way to operate a policy of no new people to the uk has to be enacted to all wether poor or rich that wont happen thats for sure

we had the watch for the war to watch the seas easy enough to bring it back

shipping out refugees or asylum seekers well you want a country to except them at there port

yet they can refuse

By *ka OMBMan 15 weeks ago

Wigan/Warrington/St Helens ish

Fleeing war torn France. They should not get one penny in benefits or support here.. "

As you know, they’re not fleeing France, but that doesn’t suit the dog whistle brigade.

Chelmsford

What would Putin do if he were our Prime Minister..

Manchester (she/her)

"What would Putin do if he were our Prime Minister..

"

Bring in the cosmetics manufacturers for a stern lecture, and offer advice to his friend in America about the best substitutes.

Chelmsford

Fleeing war torn France. They should not get one penny in benefits or support here..

As you know, they’re not fleeing France, but that doesn’t suit the dog whistle brigade."

So it's not safe in France or fewer benefits..

"

Aahhhh FFS

Chelmsford

Aahhhh FFS"

They would not come an problem solved. And you know it..

Manchester (she/her)

Aahhhh FFS"

It's alright. We're about to have a change in government and Putin has got nothing on the conniptions coming from some commentators

Maybe Starmer will have the balls to go after Big Bronzer and bring back proper makeup?

By *ondiego85Man 15 weeks ago

nottingham

I was wondering what the next post from the king of fabs trolls would be. Of course it was gonna be “stop the boats”.

This guy lives to troll. I suggest you all stop interacting with this good for nothing, as I will do for now. Don’t feed the troll

As you know, they’re not fleeing France, but that doesn’t suit the dog whistle brigade.

So it's not safe in France or fewer benefits.. "

They don’t want to settle in France they want to come here. Many have relatives here and want to be with them, but draconian laws restricting this makes it impossible to do legally.

If we had legal ways to come into the country, enough staff to process the claims, we might not have this problem, but hey who knows!

"I was wondering what the next post from the king of fabs trolls would be. Of course it was gonna be “stop the boats”.

This guy lives to troll. I suggest you all stop interacting with this good for nothing, as I will do for now. Don’t feed the troll "

Received and understood

Chelmsford

So it's not safe in France or fewer benefits..

They don’t want to settle in France they want to come here. Many have relatives here and want to be with them, but draconian laws restricting this makes it impossible to do legally.

If we had legal ways to come into the country, enough staff to process the claims, we might not have this problem, but hey who knows!"

Why are their relatives here. ,,?.Their relatives could move to France surely

By *ngel-ishWoman 15 weeks ago

Colchester

Until any of us have risked death in a tiny boat, we don't have a fucking clue how fucking desperate these people must feel.

Sorry I haven't read thread properly. I got to angry that anyone can seriously lack basic humanity.

To the people who said what I feel in a more eloquent way, I love you x

Chelmsford

"Until any of us have risked death in a tiny boat, we don't have a fucking clue how fucking desperate these people must feel.

Sorry I haven't read thread properly. I got to angry that anyone can seriously lack basic humanity.

To the people who said what I feel in a more eloquent way, I love you x"

If you are in a safe country like France then agreed. Why risk an overcrowded boat..

Stay safe in France ..

By *ickyKlungespeareMan 15 weeks ago

St Leonards

"

Tom, Tom...for people who think this way, Putin could never be our Prime Minister.

Only are Prime Minister.

By *mber and FireCouple 15 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

"Until any of us have risked death in a tiny boat, we don't have a fucking clue how fucking desperate these people must feel.

If you are in a safe country like France then agreed. Why risk an overcrowded boat..

Stay safe in France .. "

We don't get to decide what they see is a safe haven, what country they feel gives them the best chance of a safe life.

I mean unfortunately that country clearly isn't the UK anymore - I've had a customer say "we have guns, and special forces, and the cliffs of Dover. Why aren't we just shooting them?"

Actually yep, you're right. Better they stay safe in France.

By *urry BlokeMan 15 weeks ago

This is not only a British concern

Most of continental Europe has seen a sea change towards right wing thinking

Turns out when we are the colonised, it's not as much fun as it was when the boot was on the other foot

By *ophieslutTV/TS 15 weeks ago

Central

Don't buy into the populist fear mongering. We must never stop caring for people in danger.

Chelmsford

Stay safe in France ..

We don't get to decide what they see is a safe haven, what country they feel gives them the best chance of a safe life.

I mean unfortunately that country clearly isn't the UK anymore - I've had a customer say "we have guns, and special forces, and the cliffs of Dover. Why aren't we just shooting them?"

Actually yep, you're right. Better they stay safe in France."

The Voice of Reason

Carmarthenshire

Stay safe in France ..

Actually yep, you're right. Better they stay safe in France.

The Voice of Reason"

It's a rare honour I take seriously in these parts.

"Don't buy into the populist fear mongering. We must never stop caring for people in danger. "

Absolutely this

Chelmsford

"Don't buy into the populist fear mongering. We must never stop caring for people in danger. "

Are they in danger in France ,?

St Neots

100%, the fact anyone could even make a comment about shooting "the boat people" is an atrocious thing to say.

Chelmsford

"Don't buy into the populist fear mongering. We must never stop caring for people in danger.

Absolutely this "

Stop feeding the Troll

By *redwilma666Couple 15 weeks ago

Kilbirnie

Let them in & allow them the same conditions they were living in when they were in France.

Manchester (she/her)

"This is not only a British concern

Turns out when we are the colonised, it's not as much fun as it was when the boot was on the other foot "

Christ, if they think this is colonisation, I'd like them to spend some time with some blackfellas down under.

Colonisation looks more like "smoothing the pillow of a dying race" in the form of poisoning people, stealing their children, just flat out shooting them, and then beginning the cycle over and over again for generations, while locking them up disproportionately and saying they bring it on themselves. Destroying their culture (not "having different cultures alongside and hoping for tolerance and mutual understanding").

And also. No suitable bronzer shades. The fuck is this.

Chelmsford

"Don't buy into the populist fear mongering. We must never stop caring for people in danger.

100%, the fact anyone could even make a comment about shooting "the boat people" is an atrocious thing to say. "

It would have saved many lives in the long run..Stopped many drowning and sometimes you need to be e cuel to be kind.. it wolf have stopped this invasion overnight and the business model by these people trafficking crims

Are they in danger in France ,? "

If Macrons double bluff doesn't pay off, very possibly

In a matter of weeks, France could have a National Front Prime Minister

By *ouple4voyeurCouple 15 weeks ago

Birmingham

Oh I know, let's travel through lots of safe countries and then risk my life in a rubber dingy to get to yet another safe country.

Come on lol there's only 1 reason the would do that.

100%, the fact anyone could even make a comment about shooting "the boat people" is an atrocious thing to say.

It would have saved many lives in the long run..Stopped many drowning and sometimes you need to be e cuel to be kind.. it wolf have stopped this invasion overnight and the business model by these people trafficking crims"

Invasion!

By (user no longer on site) 15 weeks ago

We need to figure out why they wank to come to the uk so much then we can help them properly, is it because were the safest country or the benefits, free healthcare, free education who knows but they travel miles to get here and it isnt the weather lol

St Neots

It would have saved many lives in the long run..Stopped many drowning and sometimes you need to be e cuel to be kind.. it wolf have stopped this invasion overnight and the business model by these people trafficking crims"

You're just disgusting imo to think like this

By *oxy jWoman 15 weeks ago

somerset

it needs to be a decent discussion rather than a political football ...

Chelmsford

In a matter of weeks, France could have a National Front Prime Minister "

It's called democracy

Manchester (she/her)

I believe that this thinking requires the thinking of Western civilisation's highest pinnacles. The longest lasting political party and the Bible.

Jesus said that anyone who has lustful thoughts commits adultery, and anger is the same as murder. That the part of you that thinks it should be cast out, lest it cause the rest of you to burn in hellfire forever.

The leader of the most successful political party in modern Europe has said that we should show criminals no mercy.

So if one contemplates drownings, doesn't this make one a murderer who should have their parts cast into the fires of hell, and shown no mercy?

(Don't look at me, this ain't my stinkin' ideology. I just want my fucking bronzer back)

Carmarthenshire

What would probably save a lot of lives is if the west stopped bombing these countries forcing displacement and everything else that follows.

And if not bombing, generally poking for profit.

Turns out when we are the colonised, it's not as much fun as it was when the boot was on the other foot

Christ, if they think this is colonisation, I'd like them to spend some time with some blackfellas down under.

Colonisation looks more like "smoothing the pillow of a dying race" in the form of poisoning people, stealing their children, just flat out shooting them, and then beginning the cycle over and over again for generations, while locking them up disproportionately and saying they bring it on themselves. Destroying their culture (not "having different cultures alongside and hoping for tolerance and mutual understanding").

And also. No suitable bronzer shades. The fuck is this."

I don't think that we are being colonised, but I am somewhat concerned about my 'pour homme' drying up

By *rHotNottsMan 15 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

They’re not that desperate, opportunistic. They paid a lot of money to be smuggled here, around 15,000 euros per person. Many reach the safety of Europe up to 2 years prior, trafficked through Germany and other countries before finally attempting to reach the promised land.

By *allandathleticMan 15 weeks ago

Asgard

Well this isn't a "fun" thread

Makes me sad for HUMANITY.

Manchester (she/her)

And also. No suitable bronzer shades. The fuck is this.

I don't think that we are being colonised, but I am somewhat concerned about my 'pour homme' drying up "

Nor do I.

If people think this is colonisation, then they need to stop being such pussies. Back in my day we had to walk uphill both ways in the blazing snow, watch our parents be beaten for speaking our language, hide from the coppers who wanted to nick our kids, and pretend we were grateful. You Brits don't even know you're born! Time to be 'ard. So 'aard.

Chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 18/06/24 21:08:53]

Thats why rather than try figure out how to stop them or where do we put them... Stop the reason they want to come here then over time the problem will sort itself out

It's called democracy "

And that democracy may well put many in danger

That was your suggestion wasn't it - that they aren't in danger in France, so they should stay there?

If that's not what you were suggesting, what ARE you suggesting?

Carmarthenshire

"[Removed by poster at 18/06/24 21:08:53]"

If only the USA had you to bomb the Vietnamese in the 60s to stop the influx now?

Gross.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS 15 weeks ago

1127 walnut avenue

"Many coming from Vietnam at the moment.. if only USA has me ot bombed them.in the ,,60s"

Do you wanna borrow a spade...?

... you're probably going to need one to dig yourself out of this..

Manchester (she/her)

It's called democracy

And that democracy may well put many in danger

That was your suggestion wasn't it - that they aren't in danger in France, so they should stay there?

If that's not what you were suggesting, what ARE you suggesting? "

Maybe we should go back to some glorious British standards on how to treat people. None of this Europe mumbo jumbo. Lead the way with Churchillian spirit and treat people according to BRITISH standards.

Oh shit. What do you mean that the UK was core in putting together the European convention on human rights after the second world war.

Shit.

St Neots

I now know my least favourite forumite

Chelmsford

Tom stands by his observations..

People paying people smugglers thousands are not destitute..

They should not receive one penny in any beneits here, no housing, no free healthcare, jumping the queues.. No quarter given.. not one penny

Turns out when we are the colonised, it's not as much fun as it was when the boot was on the other foot "

As someone has already pointed out, people arriving on boats isn't being colonised but making comments like "when the boot is on the other foot" come across as its the start of being colonised so why wouldn't people want to do something about it ? I'm sure back when it all happened the people of the colonised world thought and done what ever they could do,

Also if the op had any real concern for half the threads he starts he wouldn't be so inflammatory with his comments and replies

Manchester (she/her)

As someone has already pointed out, people arriving on boats isn't being colonised but making comments like "when the boot is on the other foot" come across as its the start of being colonised so why wouldn't people want to do something about it ? I'm sure back when it all happened the people of the colonised world thought and done what ever they could do,

Also if the op had any real concern for half the threads he starts he wouldn't be so inflammatory with his comments and replies "

That'll be fun.

Britain is Terra Nullius. No one lives here. It's ours to do with as we wish.

(It gets overturned. It takes 200 years )

By *ulieAndBeefCouple 15 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

"I now know my least favourite forumite "

It's honestly so helpful. People ask "why have politics on a swingers' site". But I know that anyone with such a callous disregard for someone else's humanity is incompatible with me on every level including a sexual one.

J

Carmarthenshire

"Tom stands by his observations..

They should not receive one penny in any beneits here, no housing, no free healthcare, jumping the queues.. No quarter given.. not one penny "

Privilege is lovely eh? Oh to not worry or understand the troubles of those in need.

Chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 18/06/24 21:18:51]

So then ive got the paperwork all sorted who wants to take the odd migrant in and give them shelter and a loving home???

Manchester (she/her)

"I now know my least favourite forumite

It's honestly so helpful. People ask "why have politics on a swingers' site". But I know that anyone with such a callous disregard for someone else's humanity is incompatible with me on every level including a sexual one.

J"

It is weird to me that on a site where people will say "no gingers" or "no Manchester United supporters", they don't understand why I might want to save intimacy for people I share some ethics with.

Chelmsford

So how do we solve the Chanel issue ?

By *immyinreadingMan 15 weeks ago

henley on thames

"I now know my least favourite forumite "

There’s some pretty sad views being expressed.

Carmarthenshire

"Tom stands by his observations..

They should not receive one penny in any beneits here, no housing, no free healthcare, jumping the queues.. No quarter given.. not one penny

Privilege is lovely eh? Oh to not worry or understand the troubles of those in need.

Those paying thousands to get her are my in need ..

"

Tom once again shows how clueless they are.

"So then ive got the paperwork all sorted who wants to take the odd migrant in and give them shelter and a loving home??? "
dont all ruah at once lol

henley on thames

Seems I need to brush up on my understanding of the word colonisation. I didn’t realise it meant poor people coming into a country empty-handed and starting at the bottom.

Manchester-ish

"So how do we solve the Chanel issue ? "

Buy MAC instead. Or Nyx is good if you're on a budget

J

Carmarthenshire

"Seems I need to brush up on my understanding of the word colonisation. I didn’t realise it meant poor people coming into a country empty-handed and starting at the bottom. "

Some throwing of dictionaries at heads may well be in need.

Manchester (she/her)

"So then ive got the paperwork all sorted who wants to take the odd migrant in and give them shelter and a loving home??? dont all ruah at once lol"

I'll take ten. As long as we can leave the same number of "let's murder the boat people" in the sea (no guns required).

I'd rather live next to a hundred thousand "migrants/ boat people" than a single soul who believes that murdering people is acceptable under any circumstances.

By *ath_ladMan 15 weeks ago

Bath

Donky punch

By *oeBeansMan 15 weeks ago

Derby

J

It is weird to me that on a site where people will say "no gingers" or "no Manchester United supporters", they don't understand why I might want to save intimacy for people I share some ethics with."

What you got against Paul Scholes?

"So then ive got the paperwork all sorted who wants to take the odd migrant in and give them shelter and a loving home??? dont all ruah at once lol

I'll take ten. As long as we can leave the same number of "let's murder the boat people" in the sea (no guns required).

I'd rather live next to a hundred thousand "migrants/ boat people" than a single soul who believes that murdering people is acceptable under any circumstances. "

that weren't in the terms and conditions sorry u cant use these poor migrants as leverage and im sure if people were really that concered about them then they would already be in the spare room which i would bet my house on not been the case

By *ggdrasil66Man 15 weeks ago

Saltdean

The fact of the matter, is that these boat people have got to be stopped. Sending them to Rwanda is not the way, they should be sent back to France. The population here is too high, we can’t even help our own homeless people, we can’t take anymore from overseas. Our politicians have been too soft for too long, and the coming of a huge majority Labour government is going to make it even worse…

Carmarthenshire

"The fact of the matter, is that these boat people have got to be stopped. Sending them to Rwanda is not the way, they should be sent back to France. The population here is too high, we can’t even help our own homeless people, we can’t take anymore from overseas. Our politicians have been too soft for too long, and the coming of a huge majority Labour government is going to make it even worse…"

We can help our own homeless. We choose not too. Hey, it serves a purpose though so it's not all doom and gloom.

Just means we can stop letting those damn non-British in.

Manchester (she/her)

"So then ive got the paperwork all sorted who wants to take the odd migrant in and give them shelter and a loving home??? dont all ruah at once lol

I'd rather live next to a hundred thousand "migrants/ boat people" than a single soul who believes that murdering people is acceptable under any circumstances. that weren't in the terms and conditions sorry u cant use these poor migrants as leverage and im sure if people were really that concered about them then they would already be in the spare room which i would bet my house on not been the case "

I'm very sorry that I'm not on terms with the Home Office to get people to migrate legally to this country. How very inconsistent of my values

(I do note that it's only the left that are asked to be consistent about their values. Where are the people who scream SPORT ARR BOIS with huge poppies in November, trying to help with veteran homelessness and mental health issues the rest of the year? )

By *ansoffateMan 15 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

J"

Indeed I'd quite like to know such things before putting my penis in someone - it's just a preference of mine.

The only 1 single benifit i can see from this is in my lical town we now have 14 barbers on a 1/4 mainstreet so waiting times are now drastically reduced but does mean i have to stop at a cash machine as they dont take card oayments unfortunately

Manchester (she/her)

"The fact of the matter, is that these boat people have got to be stopped. Sending them to Rwanda is not the way, they should be sent back to France. The population here is too high, we can’t even help our own homeless people, we can’t take anymore from overseas. Our politicians have been too soft for too long, and the coming of a huge majority Labour government is going to make it even worse…"

How many homeless people are you helping?

Or is it yet another "we can't be nice to those people, these people exist! No we won't help them either, I got mine, fuck off"

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 15 weeks ago

Stockport

"Lots of pledges and promises from the politicians and parties before the election and more chaotic scenes on French beaches today. One approach can be. Stop all of UK patrol and rescue boats in the Chanel and process those who make to the beaches and 100 per cent zero public support from government, zero housing and benefits and charities the only support. End of.. "

Or how about this country admits that it has a shortage of workers, and instead of spending vast amounts of money to prevent refugees from having jobs and earning money for themselves, we just let them take the jobs that none of us lot will do? Which is not just shitty manual graft, we've got vacancies all across the board. Then instead of forcing refugees to be a burden, they can be valuable members of society, earning their own way, creating wealth for the country, paying taxes.

The average refugee could be a better asset to this country than the average tax dodging offshore banking public funds embezzling tory cabinet minister. But then of course there would be no-one for the tories to point the finger at and say "never mind the billions that we've put in our own pockets, there's a bloke over there who gets £20 a month because we deliberately won't let him work".

And that's completely aside from the fact that we, the UK, actually owe a moral debt to many of these refugees because it's us who have exported our wars to their countries. We are the ones who have bombed their homes, polluted their water and fields with our drilling and mining, allowed corrupt governments in the wake of the collapse of the British Empire.

Carmarthenshire

"Lots of pledges and promises from the politicians and parties before the election and more chaotic scenes on French beaches today. One approach can be. Stop all of UK patrol and rescue boats in the Chanel and process those who make to the beaches and 100 per cent zero public support from government, zero housing and benefits and charities the only support. End of..

Or how about this country admits that it has a shortage of workers, and instead of spending vast amounts of money to prevent refugees from having jobs and earning money for themselves, we just let them take the jobs that none of us lot will do? Which is not just shitty manual graft, we've got vacancies all across the board. Then instead of forcing refugees to be a burden, they can be valuable members of society, earning their own way, creating wealth for the country, paying taxes.

The average refugee could be a better asset to this country than the average tax dodging offshore banking public funds embezzling tory cabinet minister. But then of course there would be no-one for the tories to point the finger at and say "never mind the billions that we've put in our own pockets, there's a bloke over there who gets £20 a month because we deliberately won't let him work".

And that's completely aside from the fact that we, the UK, actually owe a moral debt to many of these refugees because it's us who have exported our wars to their countries. We are the ones who have bombed their homes, polluted their water and fields with our drilling and mining, allowed corrupt governments in the wake of the collapse of the British Empire."

Because that means admitting Britain isn't Great.

Manchester (she/her)

"Lots of pledges and promises from the politicians and parties before the election and more chaotic scenes on French beaches today. One approach can be. Stop all of UK patrol and rescue boats in the Chanel and process those who make to the beaches and 100 per cent zero public support from government, zero housing and benefits and charities the only support. End of..

And that's completely aside from the fact that we, the UK, actually owe a moral debt to many of these refugees because it's us who have exported our wars to their countries. We are the ones who have bombed their homes, polluted their water and fields with our drilling and mining, allowed corrupt governments in the wake of the collapse of the British Empire.

Because that means admitting Britain isn't Great."

People would rather commit national self harm than do that. Destroy the lives of their children and communities rather than consider the true meaning of legacy and our current place in the world. (No, I'm not British, but I'm of British heritage. I'll take the blame too)

Chelmsford

So how do we stop these buggers

Chelmsford

People would rather commit national self harm than do that. Destroy the lives of their children and communities rather than consider the true meaning of legacy and our current place in the world. (No, I'm not British, but I'm of British heritage. I'll take the blame too)"

Wy are you to blame?

Manchester (she/her)

People would rather commit national self harm than do that. Destroy the lives of their children and communities rather than consider the true meaning of legacy and our current place in the world. (No, I'm not British, but I'm of British heritage. I'll take the blame too)

Wy are you to blame? "

Because I have benefitted from the harm that has been committed both against others and my ancestors. I can act to make other people's lives better rather than hoarding resources and assuming that my fortune is earned rather than luck.

Chelmsford

Wy are you to blame?

Because I have benefitted from the harm that has been committed both against others and my ancestors. I can act to make other people's lives better rather than hoarding resources and assuming that my fortune is earned rather than luck."

* Self flagellation is not an attractive trait

Manchester-ish

" Self flagellation is not an attractive trait "

Oooh Swing, don't spank yourself. Tom wants to do it for you, you lucky duck

J

Chelmsford

Do not take responsibility for perceived acts by your ancestors. It really is not your fault..

By *oubleswing2019Man 15 weeks ago

Colchester

"Do not take responsibility for perceived acts by your ancestors. It really is not your fault.. "

If you had a dog Tom, and it lived in your garden, and the postie left the gate open and the dog ran out of the property and bit someone, I think we can agree that the postie caused the event.

But it's still your dog, Tom.

You have a responsibility there as well.

The actions of the postie does not absolve you of your responsibilities as a dog owner. It's your animal.

The actions of The Empire may not have been committed in my name, nor with my approval, but I am still a citizen of a later Empire, and amends must be made.

We should hold our Empires to account, because if we do not, who will ?

If we do not, Empires act with impunity and sovereign autonomy, and that needs to end.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 15 weeks ago

Hastings

You won't stop them if thay are told of a land of green and plenty.

First it was the lorrys that got harder with tec. So they switched to the boats and that seams to work for the smuggling as success rate is good.

Sumhow we need to stop giving so much support to people coming in illegality and make a better system for the people that really need help.

By *atEvolutionCouple 15 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

And this is what we have as part of our esteemed voting public?

Manchester (she/her)

" Self flagellation is not an attractive trait

Oooh Swing, don't spank yourself. Tom wants to do it for you, you lucky duck

J"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdS6HFQ_LUc

Chelmsford

"Do not take responsibility for perceived acts by your ancestors. It really is not your fault..

If you had a dog Tom, and it lived in your garden, and the postie left the gate open and the dog ran out of the property and bit someone, I think we can agree that the postie caused the event.

But it's still your dog, Tom.

You have a responsibility there as well.

The actions of the postie does not absolve you of your responsibilities as a dog owner. It's your animal.

The actions of The Empire may not have been committed in my name, nor with my approval, but I am still a citizen of a later Empire, and amends must be made.

We should hold our Empires to account, because if we do not, who will ?

If we do not, Empires act with impunity and sovereign autonomy, and that needs to end.

"

A whole new thread for another day.. outlandish thinking.. even by Toms standards ..

Wy are you to blame?

Because I have benefitted from the harm that has been committed both against others and my ancestors. I can act to make other people's lives better rather than hoarding resources and assuming that my fortune is earned rather than luck."

What action have you taken so far to atone for the sins of your ancestors?

Manchester (she/her)

Wy are you to blame?

Because I have benefitted from the harm that has been committed both against others and my ancestors. I can act to make other people's lives better rather than hoarding resources and assuming that my fortune is earned rather than luck.

What action have you taken so far to atone for the sins of your ancestors?"

I've been involved in campaigns, fundraising, and initiatives since I was eleven years old, but that's usually shouted down as virtue signalling

(I also said my ancestors were victims of this - my ancestors were the smarter half of the Irish diaspora who had the British pay for them to fuck off to a place where they weren't starving )

Wy are you to blame?

I've been involved in campaigns, fundraising, and initiatives since I was eleven years old, but that's usually shouted down as virtue signalling

(I also said my ancestors were victims of this - my ancestors were the smarter half of the Irish diaspora who had the British pay for them to fuck off to a place where they weren't starving )"

I’m part Irish too. I don’t dwell on it to be honest. I’ve got better things to do and prefer to work for a living.

Manchester (she/her)

Wy are you to blame?

(I also said my ancestors were victims of this - my ancestors were the smarter half of the Irish diaspora who had the British pay for them to fuck off to a place where they weren't starving )

I’m part Irish too. I don’t dwell on it to be honest. I’ve got better things to do and prefer to work for a living."

What does employment have to do with the price of tea in China?

Wy are you to blame?

I’m part Irish too. I don’t dwell on it to be honest. I’ve got better things to do and prefer to work for a living.

What does employment have to do with the price of tea in China?"

I don’t feel that being part Irish makes me part victim. Should I?

Manchester (she/her)

Wy are you to blame?

I don’t feel that being part Irish makes me part victim. Should I?"

You may feel however you like. As do I. I think you attach much more to this that I do. I just want to ensure that people who are harmed by historic injustices have a better go of life in the future.

I can recognise historic harms to displaced and marginalised people, work on that, run my own business, walk, and even chew gum. All at once. Magic.

By *oodLondonManMan 15 weeks ago

London

I'm sorry, but when did this SEX website become a political forum to discuss often desperate people fleeing abject poverty by risking their lives to cross the Channel in unsafe tiny boats?

While we're at it why not also debate Israel's decades-long brutal oppression of the people of Palestine, what the solution to that conflict should be or how Israel, via AIPAC etc, pays US politicians to back Israel's actions no matter what?

Wy are you to blame?

You may feel however you like. As do I. I think you attach much more to this that I do. I just want to ensure that people who are harmed by historic injustices have a better go of life in the future.

I can recognise historic harms to displaced and marginalised people, work on that, run my own business, walk, and even chew gum. All at once. Magic."

I don’t attach anything to it at all.

Who has been harmed by historic injustices? Jay-Z? Obama? Will you be handing all your belongings to Beyoncé as penance?

"I'm sorry, but when did this SEX website become a political forum to discuss often desperate people fleeing abject poverty by risking their lives to cross the Channel in unsafe tiny boats?

While we're at it why not also debate Israel's decades-long brutal oppression of the people of Palestine, what the solution to that conflict should be or how Israel, via AIPAC etc, pays US politicians to back Israel's actions no matter what?

"

welcome to the politics forum. (Although I assume tom started this in the lounge ?)

Manchester (she/her)

Wy are you to blame?

I can recognise historic harms to displaced and marginalised people, work on that, run my own business, walk, and even chew gum. All at once. Magic.

Who has been harmed by historic injustices? Jay-Z? Obama? Will you be handing all your belongings to Beyoncé as penance?"

I will probably spend more time working on someone who takes the topic slightly more seriously than this. But ta.

By *AJMLKTV/TS 15 weeks ago

Burley

Of course, anything other than total support for boat refugees is racist, but an article in the New Statesman a while ago took my notice. According to government figures, 90% of the refugees are adult males. How is it that the countries they're escaping from are dangerous to adult males, but somehow safe for women and children? The other thing I noticed is that all the countries listed as being where most refugees are from are Islam ruled. Is the disparity between the male/female ratio due to misogyny? It concerns me slightly that if this is the case, those poor refugees, the adult male ones, will be bringing more unwanted misogyny to this country.

henley on thames

"I'm sorry, but when did this SEX website become a political forum to discuss often desperate people fleeing abject poverty by risking their lives to cross the Channel in unsafe tiny boats?

welcome to the politics forum. (Although I assume tom started this in the lounge ?)"

You’re not wrong …

"Of course, anything other than total support for boat refugees is racist, but an article in the New Statesman a while ago took my notice. According to government figures, 90% of the refugees are adult males. How is it that the countries they're escaping from are dangerous to adult males, but somehow safe for women and children? The other thing I noticed is that all the countries listed as being where most refugees are from are Islam ruled. Is the disparity between the male/female ratio due to misogyny? It concerns me slightly that if this is the case, those poor refugees, the adult male ones, will be bringing more unwanted misogyny to this country. "
the nationality table can change quite quickly. ATM Vietnam tops it (year to date). Not sure what has changed. It's Buddhist tho i believe.

On the gender part, it may be that the men make the dangerous crossing while the family is another safe country. And they then can be brought over by other means. After all, only a third of asylum claims come from boat people.

That's a guess. One big issue is that the MI here is awful, and as it takes so long to process there is a lag between the arrival rate and the acceptance rates which means we nevee know the legitimacy of current claims.

By *melie LALWoman 15 weeks ago

Peterborough

"So how do we solve the Chanel issue ? "

Buy Dior

Peterborough

Wy are you to blame?

What does employment have to do with the price of tea in China?"

He reckons 100% forumites are on welfare (which obviously includes him). I cannot remember what thread though.

Peterborough

"

Fill your boots, have a wander here in the politics forum.

By *rand Central CoupleCouple 15 weeks ago

Glasgow

Any guy who has a hardon reading this wants to have a think about their lives

By *idnight RamblerMan 15 weeks ago

Pershore

"So how do we solve the Chanel issue ?

Buy Dior"

The Devil wears Prada

Pershore

"

A Sex Forum?? I've was wondering why so many people had pics of their genitals on a Politics Forum!!

Wy are you to blame?

He reckons 100% forumites are on welfare (which obviously includes him). I cannot remember what thread though."

I think you need to re-read my posts on which you keep going on about this “100%” thing. My actual point was that a significant percentage of people on this forum expressing support for Labour are beneficiaries of state largesse hence their support for Labour. Their expectation being that the Labour government will reward their votes with some more pork.

I’m sure that isn’t the case with you though, so maybe my 100% estimation should be lowered to 99%?

Wy are you to blame?

Who has been harmed by historic injustices? Jay-Z? Obama? Will you be handing all your belongings to Beyoncé as penance?

I will probably spend more time working on someone who takes the topic slightly more seriously than this. But ta."

True. I’m only 25% Irish so am not that high in the oppression stakes. And 75% English which makes me both oppressed and oppressor! So conflicted! Maybe I should give myself some handouts!

By *irldnCouple 15 weeks ago

Brighton

You gotta love it when a thread on a serious topic transfers from the Lounge to the Politics forum. It’s like watching deer caught in the headlights with all these bemused swinger folk wondering why the tone of posts took a sudden turn to more aggressive pontificating.

Word of advice to all of them “get out now while you still can otherwise you’ll be caught sinking further down the rabbit hole and you will never get back out…!”

By *allandathleticMan 15 weeks ago

Asgard

Snog

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 15 weeks ago

Border of London

"

Wy are you to blame?

You have managed to bring the Christian doctrine of original sin into the life of every British (or even white European?) baby born. Do recent immigrants or second generation immigrants also bear this cross? Where does one draw the line?

Do the British born children of asylum seekers need to perform penance for the privilege of growing up with an education system funded by historical colonialism and links to sl@very?

Serious question.

By *otMe66Man 15 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"

Wy are you to blame?

You have managed to bring the Christian doctrine of original sin into the life of every British (or even white European?) baby born. Do recent immigrants or second generation immigrants also bear this cross? Where does one draw the line?

Do the British born children of asylum seekers need to perform penance for the privilege of growing up with an education system funded by historical colonialism and links to sl@very?

Serious question."

Modern day equivalent of self-flagellation

By *ickyKlungespeareMan 15 weeks ago

St Leonards

"Tom Torpedoes Boat Tropes With Bomb Aplomb"

It's all over The Daily FAB.

henley on thames

Wy are you to blame?

I will probably spend more time working on someone who takes the topic slightly more seriously than this. But ta.

True. I’m only 25% Irish so am not that high in the oppression stakes. And 75% English which makes me both oppressed and oppressor! So conflicted! Maybe I should give myself some handouts!"

Irish people have been campaigning for handouts, have they?

I don’t recall any demands for handouts wien I grew up in Ireland.

Wy are you to blame?

True. I’m only 25% Irish so am not that high in the oppression stakes. And 75% English which makes me both oppressed and oppressor! So conflicted! Maybe I should give myself some handouts!

Irish people have been campaigning for handouts, have they?

I don’t recall any demands for handouts wien I grew up in Ireland. "

Are you saying I’m not Irish?

Peterborough

Wy are you to blame?

He reckons 100% forumites are on welfare (which obviously includes him). I cannot remember what thread though.

I think you need to re-read my posts on which you keep going on about this “100%” thing. My actual point was that a significant percentage of people on this forum expressing support for Labour are beneficiaries of state largesse hence their support for Labour. Their expectation being that the Labour government will reward their votes with some more pork.

I’m sure that isn’t the case with you though, so maybe my 100% estimation should be lowered to 99%?"

It could be I misinterpreted your post. I am not on welfare but I should get PIP (which is not relevant to which party is in govt).

Chelmsford

Why the self loathing from some posters. Gets Toms goat

By *anifestoMan 15 weeks ago

ferns/ cork

From your profile "I am a fun friendly guy"

Unless you're in a boat in distress in which case I will enjoy watching you slowly die

Are "they coming over here stealing your jobs" or "having sky tv paid for by the council"

Can you elaborate for us on where this hatred of others come from friendly guy?

Peterborough

"From your profile "I am a fun friendly guy"

Unless you're in a boat in distress in which case I will enjoy watching you slowly die

Are "they coming over here stealing your jobs" or "having sky tv paid for by the council"

Lots of pledges and promises from the politicians and parties before the election and more chaotic scenes on French beaches today. One approach can be. Stop all of UK patrol and rescue boats in the Chanel and process those who make to the beaches and 100 per cent zero public support from government, zero housing and benefits and charities the only support. End of.. "

Don't bite.

Saltdean

"Of course, anything other than total support for boat refugees is racist, but an article in the New Statesman a while ago took my notice. According to government figures, 90% of the refugees are adult males. How is it that the countries they're escaping from are dangerous to adult males, but somehow safe for women and children? The other thing I noticed is that all the countries listed as being where most refugees are from are Islam ruled. Is the disparity between the male/female ratio due to misogyny? It concerns me slightly that if this is the case, those poor refugees, the adult male ones, will be bringing more unwanted misogyny to this country. "

They have set out to cross umpteen different borders on there way to the free English land of milk and honey. They don’t bring their wives and children along, as they might hold them back. Once they are here, and have secured accommodation, free health care, benefits etc, they might send for them. But they have left them in refugee camps or in countries where we are meant to believe are dangerous.

I feel sorry for those that are left behind, because they don’t seem to be getting so much as a thought.

Chelmsford

Some claim it was actually the English Lord Kitchener who invented concentration camps in the Bore War in what is now known as South Africa. It is ludicrous to put them in hotels, often at the seaside, when so many English families cannot afford an annual holiay. An ideal site would be a camp on the Isle of Wight.

St Neots

I wonder how many have actually spoken to a refugee directly about what they have been through, what it has cost them, the sacrifices they have made, how much it has impacted their family to be apart, why they want a better life, what situations have they left behind? We may have a slightly different opinion when you show a little human empathy.

Whichever way you want to look at it, they are all courageous as fuck to me to risk what they have

By *lectra_LuxTV/TS 15 weeks ago

Leicester

"Seems I need to brush up on my understanding of the word colonisation. I didn’t realise it meant poor people coming into a country empty-handed and starting at the bottom.

Some throwing of dictionaries at heads may well be in need."

You're not wrong ... but I'd like to thrown some history books too!!!

“We learn from history and experience that mankind learns nothing from history and experience.“

If we did, we might recognise that people don't migrate because they are happy with their lot. They migrate because they feel they have nothing. The Mayflower was a small ship, about 100 feet long, carrying 102 people plus crew. I'm pretty sure that didn't leave much room for worldly goods and possessions.

And I don't suppose £10 poms were called that because they were wealthy. But that's just me guessing...

Carmarthenshire

"Of course, anything other than total support for boat refugees is racist, but an article in the New Statesman a while ago took my notice. According to government figures, 90% of the refugees are adult males. How is it that the countries they're escaping from are dangerous to adult males, but somehow safe for women and children? The other thing I noticed is that all the countries listed as being where most refugees are from are Islam ruled. Is the disparity between the male/female ratio due to misogyny? It concerns me slightly that if this is the case, those poor refugees, the adult male ones, will be bringing more unwanted misogyny to this country.

They have set out to cross umpteen different borders on there way to the free English land of milk and honey. They don’t bring their wives and children along, as they might hold them back. Once they are here, and have secured accommodation, free health care, benefits etc, they might send for them. But they have left them in refugee camps or in countries where we are meant to believe are dangerous.

I feel sorry for those that are left behind, because they don’t seem to be getting so much as a thought."

Clueless.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 15 weeks ago

golden fields

"Of course, anything other than total support for boat refugees is racist, but an article in the New Statesman a while ago took my notice. According to government figures, 90% of the refugees are adult males. How is it that the countries they're escaping from are dangerous to adult males, but somehow safe for women and children? The other thing I noticed is that all the countries listed as being where most refugees are from are Islam ruled. Is the disparity between the male/female ratio due to misogyny? It concerns me slightly that if this is the case, those poor refugees, the adult male ones, will be bringing more unwanted misogyny to this country.

I feel sorry for those that are left behind, because they don’t seem to be getting so much as a thought.

Clueless."

Clueless but an interesting insight as to why Reform are performing so well in the polls.

Clueless.

Clueless but an interesting insight as to why Reform are performing so well in the polls."

I have some sympathy with the refugees.

Life in France under Macron has become unbearable. It’s an understandable conclusion to reach.

Maybe under Le Pen things will improve and they will start moving back to France.

Chelmsford

Clueless."

Not sure it is clueless.

On Tuesday 880 economic migrants landed by boat in one day. Where exactly do we put these people?

If they are refugees then a refugee camp and if economic migrants then their homeland and if economic migsnts pretending to be be refugees or adults pretending to be children then Rwanda..

By *oxychick35Couple 15 weeks ago

thornaby

Clueless.

Clueless but an interesting insight as to why Reform are performing so well in the polls."

I think ppl are fed up with mass migration arnt you ?

Border of London

"I think ppl are fed up with mass migration arnt you ?"

How do you define "mass migration"?

By *oxy jWoman 15 weeks ago

somerset

who ever gets in will have to sort it or they will be out by the next election like it or not...

also like it or not there are more wanting this to stop than those who are ok with it ...its a problem ...

these are not my views just whats going on in real life ...

it needs a real sit down adult cross party chat

i dont think people are againts the families /women/children coming in i think the biggest worry for alot is the boatloads of just men ..

again these are not my personal views

"I think ppl are fed up with mass migration arnt you ?

How do you define "mass migration"?"

When lots of wildebeest migrate across the African Savanah.

Brighton

When lots of wildebeest migrate across the African Savanah."

Visions of a KFC down the road announcing a 90% price drop!

Visions of a KFC down the road announcing a 90% price drop!"

Or Taylor Swift buying £450 of Kebabs?

By *batMan 15 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"So then ive got the paperwork all sorted who wants to take the odd migrant in and give them shelter and a loving home??? "

Do you support homeless veterans? I’ve sorted the paperwork, when do you want your lodger?

Do you support cancer research? Great, there’s a widow and five kids coming your way!

Animal charities? When do you want your badger and goat?

Supporting refugees or immigrants doesn’t mean you want to share a house with them. I love my parents, but fucked if I want to live with them.

People really ought to stop trotting out this “they can live with you” argument.

Gbat

golden fields

"So then ive got the paperwork all sorted who wants to take the odd migrant in and give them shelter and a loving home???

Do you support homeless veterans? I’ve sorted the paperwork, when do you want your lodger?

Do you support cancer research? Great, there’s a widow and five kids coming your way!

Supporting refugees or immigrants doesn’t mean you want to share a house with them. I love my parents, but fucked if I want to live with them.

People really ought to stop trotting out this “they can live with you” argument.

Gbat "

Do these people really think that the only options are.

1. Traffic humans to Rwanda.

2. Non-xenophobic people have to make space for them at their gaff.

Literally no other possible options.

Brighton

Visions of a KFC down the road announcing a 90% price drop!

Or Taylor Swift buying £450 of Kebabs?"

Or just Taylor Swift.

By *oubleswing2019Man 15 weeks ago

Colchester

"So then ive got the paperwork all sorted who wants to take the odd migrant in and give them shelter and a loving home???

Gbat

Literally no other possible options. "

Some don't want solutions.

I would like to see more unilateral push back on the countries they are fleeing from. And where necessary, regime change. If that regime cannot protect their own citizenry, then it needs dealing with and pressure applied so that it stops persecuting them. The moment they started harming their people, is the moment they need to be called to account. Solve the issue at the root.

Gbat

I would like to see more unilateral push back on the countries they are fleeing from. And where necessary, regime change. If that regime cannot protect their own citizenry, then it needs dealing with and pressure applied so that it stops persecuting them. The moment they started harming their people, is the moment they need to be called to account. Solve the issue at the root."

Regime change around the world has caused most of the problems we have today, I don't know the answer myself,

But the people at the top, the elites don't care if there "commodities" are suffering and get moved around the world as long as they make money and still in power

By *eroy1000Man 15 weeks ago

milton keynes

Gbat

I would like to see more unilateral push back on the countries they are fleeing from. And where necessary, regime change. If that regime cannot protect their own citizenry, then it needs dealing with and pressure applied so that it stops persecuting them. The moment they started harming their people, is the moment they need to be called to account. Solve the issue at the root."

It would be good if they did not have to flee in the first place (those that are genuine). Are you suggesting the UK somehow helps bring about regime change in other countries.

By *astandFeistyCouple 15 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"

I'm not sure you're in a position to question anyones 'hatred' when you clearly say you'll enjoy watching someone slowly die...

Is this another case of the 'tolerant' left striking again?

Chelmsford

I'm not sure you're in a position to question anyones 'hatred' when you clearly say you'll enjoy watching someone slowly die...

Is this another case of the 'tolerant' left striking again?"

Sadly it's the woke left causing the rise of the right in Europe. The wild left have much to learn and much to answer for...

By *erri_kissesTV/TS 15 weeks ago

Islington

Tantamount to passionately screaming “I AM CURED MEAT”

Gbat "

i agree not enough is done for those categories of people either but the OP is about the boat people that people want to help so much, as long as they aren't in there home/neighbourhood ect. If the government said tmz that every single household with a spare room has to take in either a vet or dingy diver i can imagine the uproar now lol (shut the boarders build walls send em back) is what you would all be saying, not poor things fleeing worn torn countries

Saltdean

Gbat i agree not enough is done for those categories of people either but the OP is about the boat people that people want to help so much, as long as they aren't in there home/neighbourhood ect. If the government said tmz that every single household with a spare room has to take in either a vet or dingy diver i can imagine the uproar now lol (shut the boarders build walls send em back) is what you would all be saying, not poor things fleeing worn torn countries "

They have actually arrived here after traveling through multiple safe EU countries. They didn’t settle in them because they haven’t got our benefits system.

So come on Nigel, turn em round and send them back to France.

By *erri_kissesTV/TS 15 weeks ago

Islington

Gbat i agree not enough is done for those categories of people either but the OP is about the boat people that people want to help so much, as long as they aren't in there home/neighbourhood ect. If the government said tmz that every single household with a spare room has to take in either a vet or dingy diver i can imagine the uproar now lol (shut the boarders build walls send em back) is what you would all be saying, not poor things fleeing worn torn countries "

Was ‘boarders’ an intentional typo for the spare room bantz or is it an accidental pronunciation pun?

Pershore

Gbat i agree not enough is done for those categories of people either but the OP is about the boat people that people want to help so much, as long as they aren't in there home/neighbourhood ect. If the government said tmz that every single household with a spare room has to take in either a vet or dingy diver i can imagine the uproar now lol (shut the boarders build walls send em back) is what you would all be saying, not poor things fleeing worn torn countries

They have actually arrived here after traveling through multiple safe EU countries. They didn’t settle in them because they haven’t got our benefits system.

So come on Nigel, turn em round and send them back to France."

Exactly. People smugglers can just transport their 'clients' and dinghies (sourced in Turkey) across multiple countries thanks to the EU's insane open borders obsession. But in doing so, have compromised the safety of an entire continent.

Border of London

"Of course, anything other than total support for boat refugees is racist, but an article in the New Statesman a while ago took my notice. According to government figures, 90% of the refugees are adult males. How is it that the countries they're escaping from are dangerous to adult males, but somehow safe for women and children? The other thing I noticed is that all the countries listed as being where most refugees are from are Islam ruled. Is the disparity between the male/female ratio due to misogyny? It concerns me slightly that if this is the case, those poor refugees, the adult male ones, will be bringing more unwanted misogyny to this country. the nationality table can change quite quickly. ATM Vietnam tops it (year to date). Not sure what has changed. It's Buddhist tho i believe.

"

https://news.sky.com/story/the-deadly-migrant-routes-from-vietnam-to-europe-and-why-people-are-willing-to-take-the-risk-13154894

Here is an article on Vietnamese immigration (illegal, in this case, by all definitions) to the UK. Nothing to do with religion or oppression.

henley on thames

Gbat i agree not enough is done for those categories of people either but the OP is about the boat people that people want to help so much, as long as they aren't in there home/neighbourhood ect. If the government said tmz that every single household with a spare room has to take in either a vet or dingy diver i can imagine the uproar now lol (shut the boarders build walls send em back) is what you would all be saying, not poor things fleeing worn torn countries

So come on Nigel, turn em round and send them back to France."

Nigel? Nigel has zero intention of ever being in power, ever having responsibility, or ever actually doing anything.

henley on thames

Gbat "

Well put!

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 15 weeks ago

nearby

Poverty, climate change, uk funding wars all missing from this thread

Stop the boats. Stop the causes.

Reap what u sow

Border of London

[Removed by poster at 20/06/24 09:16:58]

Border of London

Gbat "

You're 100% right when it comes to crazy arguments demanding that people open their homes to random strangers.

Nevertheless, there are people in affected communities who bristle at those who campaign or advocate for asylum seekers/illegal immigrants but never have to live with the associated difficulties. This caused immense anger in Sweden, where immigration largely affected those in lower and middle income areas, whereas the policymakers themselves rarely, if ever, had to live with the difficulty of integrating their new guests.

This is also a major issue in border states in the USA, which are now mostly anti-immigration, whereas the most pro-immigration states are those least affected. Texas famously started bussing immigrants directly to those states, which caused serious consternation - the point being that it's easy to moralise when you don't need to live with the consequences.

Closer to home, people in Kent are often concerned about how asylum seekers are housed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c4nny63jj84o

We need to listen to those with genuine concerns, who live through the issues. If we ignore them, we invite a backlash and end up fueling the anti-immigration and racist bonfire.

Chelmsford

Gbat

You're 100% right when it comes to crazy arguments demanding that people open their homes to random strangers.

Nevertheless, there are people in affected communities who bristle at those who campaign or advocate for asylum seekers/illegal immigrants but never have to live with the associated difficulties. This caused immense anger in Sweden, where immigration largely affected those in lower and middle income areas, whereas the policymakers themselves rarely, if ever, had to live with the difficulty of integrating their new guests.

This is also a major issue in border states in the USA, which are now mostly anti-immigration, whereas the most pro-immigration states are those least affected. Texas famously started bussing immigrants directly to those states, which caused serious consternation - the point being that it's easy to moralise when you don't need to live with the consequences.

Closer to home, people in Kent are often concerned about how asylum seekers are housed.

We need to listen to those with genuine concerns, who live through the issues. If we ignore them, we invite a backlash and end up fueling the anti-immigration and racist bonfire."

Tom could not have put it better

Brighton

But only if they don’t insist on speaking in the third person!

golden fields

"But only if they don’t insist on speaking in the third person!"

Johnny agrees.

Brighton

"But only if they don’t insist on speaking in the third person!

Johnny agrees."

BIRLDN can’t decide as there are two of them

Chelmsford

So we are all agreed... NEXT

golden fields

"But only if they don’t insist on speaking in the third person!

Johnny agrees.

BIRLDN can’t decide as there are two of them "

Peterborough

Gbat

We need to listen to those with genuine concerns, who live through the issues. If we ignore them, we invite a backlash and end up fueling the anti-immigration and racist bonfire.

Tom could not have put it better"

Tom never does

Peterborough

Is this another case of the 'tolerant' left striking again?"

I think all of that poster's post was quoting Tom's post, albeit poorly.

By *ayne1961TV/TS 15 weeks ago

West Yorkshire

I stayed in a hotel last week full of channel swimmers, hotel, food and drink allowance paid for them by taxes we pay I’m thinking of getting myself a dingy and sailing in for a few weeks holiday

Chelmsford

Gbat

Tom could not have put it better

Tom never does "

Chelmsford

Overwhelmingly it seems from these posts that people are very concerned about this issue.

By *ostindreamsMan 15 weeks ago

London

"

Gbat "

If you love your parents and your parents need a place to live or some kind of old age support, at the very least, you pay for their living and you pay for someone to look after them if you don't want to live with them and take care of them yourself.

If you are a genuinely compassionate about refugees, you must pay your own money to take care of the refugees. When we say "Why don't you take them in your home?", it doesn't have to be your home. You can find another home and pay for it. While you are at it, also ensure that they don't cause trouble to their neighbours. Take responsibility if they commit any crime.

Lecturing people online about compassion towards refugees doesn't make you compassionate. Asking/Forcing the government to do something about refugees doesn't make you compassionate. It's compassion only when you make personal sacrifice for the cause.

But unfortunately most lefties on the internet think that virtue signalling on the internet and getting the state to collect tax from other people to do something makes them compassionate. They are neither virtuous nor compassionate.

Chelmsford

"

Gbat

If you love your parents and your parents need a place to live or some kind of old age support, at the very least, you pay for their living and you pay for someone to look after them if you don't want to live with them and take care of them yourself.

If you are a genuinely compassionate about refugees, you must pay your own money to take care of the refugees. When we say "Why don't you take them in your home?", it doesn't have to be your home. You can find another home and pay for it. While you are at it, also ensure that they don't cause trouble to their neighbours. Take responsibility if they commit any crime.

Lecturing people online about compassion towards refugees doesn't make you compassionate. Asking/Forcing the government to do something about refugees doesn't make you compassionate. It's compassion only when you make personal sacrifice for the cause.

But unfortunately most lefties on the internet think that virtue signalling on the internet and getting the state to collect tax from other people to do something makes them compassionate. They are neither virtuous nor compassionate."

Peterborough

Sod taking care of parents or paying for their care. I didn't ask to be dragged into this life. Nor dragged up!