FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Blasphemy law?

Blasphemy law?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usybee73 OP   Man 2 weeks ago

in the sticks

Will labour bring one in if elected? Seen a few rumblings on twatter...but notice none of the parties are saying much about it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isterBuckMan 2 weeks ago

Birmingham

I imagine there is a lot of stuff that Labour isn’t saying anything about.

I’m sure they will reveal their actual manifesto in due course. Handing out the pork to their Muslim and public sector core vote will be top of their list.

By *atEvolutionCouple 2 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"Will labour bring one in if elected? Seen a few rumblings on twatter...but notice none of the parties are saying much about it "

No. The Supreme Court will Trash any Circuit Court decision to uphold an accusation of Blastphemy.

The plaintiff would have to prove the existence of ‘their’ God in order to prove a blastphemy.

Just to add.

The common law offences of blasphemy and blasphemous libel were formally abolished in England and Wales in 2008 and Scotland in 2024

By *usybee73 OP   Man 2 weeks ago

in the sticks

"Will labour bring one in if elected? Seen a few rumblings on twatter...but notice none of the parties are saying much about it

No. The Supreme Court will Trash any Circuit Court decision to uphold an accusation of Blastphemy.

The plaintiff would have to prove the existence of ‘their’ God in order to prove a blastphemy.

"

I'm an atheist, but do understand so much of English law/common law is based on biblical understanding, hence having to do the oath ...

Though in contrast I'm sure a working man shouldn't be taxed on his labour if I recall correctly ??

The common Law of Breach of the Peace covers it anyway.

Being and annoying little fukker in a crowded place that offends others present can be a breach of the Peace if someone present complains and it is generally thought that it offends common decency or the calm of the neighbourhood.

The offence wouldn’t be tried as blastphemy. Just an annoying little fukker pissing people off.

Excuse my potty-mouth lol. It’s been a long day.

By *heffielderCouple 2 weeks ago

sheffield

"Just to add.

The common law offences of blasphemy and blasphemous libel were formally abolished in England and Wales in 2008 and Scotland in 2024"

I think with current hate crime legislation we have a defecto blasphemy law..

» Add a new message to this topic