FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Lib Dem manifesto

Lib Dem manifesto

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man 3 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Just watched the launch.. I think ed davey did a good job.. especially presenting himself to the country, and his answers on Europe and the EU

Just going through the manifesto document online…. Interesting

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isterBuckMan 3 weeks ago

Birmingham

Which theme park did Davey do the launch from?

By *irldnCouple 3 weeks ago

Brighton

"Which theme park did Davey do the launch from?

"

Houses of Parliament’s chamber of horrors!

By *AFKA HovisMan 3 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Just watched the launch.. I think ed davey did a good job.. especially presenting himself to the country, and his answers on Europe and the EU

Just going through the manifesto document online…. Interesting "

it may be coz I'm on my phone, but the UX is not great !

Brighton

Not read in detail but at a first glance I like what I see.

Sure the devil is in the detail and didn’t see anything on how they are paying for stuff but it ticks a lot of my boxes.

Shame they can’t be in with a better chance with a FPTP system.

By *AFKA HovisMan 3 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Not read in detail but at a first glance I like what I see.

Sure the devil is in the detail and didn’t see anything on how they are paying for stuff but it ticks a lot of my boxes.

Shame they can’t be in with a better chance with a FPTP system."

if you are interested tax policy have disected it. They are also worth a look for why most of the "costings" are in the rounding when it comes to forecasting tax receipts.

I'm using it as a guide to where they go looking and the level of thought they put in.

Brighton

"Not read in detail but at a first glance I like what I see.

Shame they can’t be in with a better chance with a FPTP system.if you are interested tax policy have disected it. They are also worth a look for why most of the "costings" are in the rounding when it comes to forecasting tax receipts.

I'm using it as a guide to where they go looking and the level of thought they put in. "

By *eroy1000Man 3 weeks ago

milton keynes

Only quickly read a BBC article but it seems he wants to reverse brexit in the longer term. Could this be a big vote winner for them given how many people oppose brexit. In the lib dems they have an established party to get behind with a common goal. Bit like a reverse situation of Boris in 2019. Might be more successful than a newly started party.

By *isterBuckMan 3 weeks ago

Birmingham

"Only quickly read a BBC article but it seems he wants to reverse brexit in the longer term. Could this be a big vote winner for them given how many people oppose brexit. In the lib dems they have an established party to get behind with a common goal. Bit like a reverse situation of Boris in 2019. Might be more successful than a newly started party."

I think the number of people who are obsessed enough with the EU to see it as a single issue above all others is comparatively small, probably 15 to 25%.

It’ll be interesting to see how committed to the EU cause the metropolitan liberal-left remains as EU member countries shift to the Right due to failed EU economic and environmental policies.

Brighton

"Only quickly read a BBC article but it seems he wants to reverse brexit in the longer term. Could this be a big vote winner for them given how many people oppose brexit. In the lib dems they have an established party to get behind with a common goal. Bit like a reverse situation of Boris in 2019. Might be more successful than a newly started party.

I think the number of people who are obsessed enough with the EU to see it as a single issue above all others is comparatively small, probably 15 to 25%.

It’ll be interesting to see how committed to the EU cause the metropolitan liberal-left remains as EU member countries shift to the Right due to failed EU economic and environmental policies."

You make a good point because in the last week there has been a surge of support for right wing nationalist parties with generally anti-EU sentiment across the countries in the EU. It would be odd to push to rejoin at a time when internally their may be a push to disintegrate. However, joining the Single Market is not the same as joining the EU. In fact it would be a return to the roots of the EEC as a trading bloc (for the UK) which seems pretty sensible on the surface!

Brighton

*there (not their )

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Only quickly read a BBC article but it seems he wants to reverse brexit in the longer term. Could this be a big vote winner for them given how many people oppose brexit. In the lib dems they have an established party to get behind with a common goal. Bit like a reverse situation of Boris in 2019. Might be more successful than a newly started party."

Actually it is long long term.. I think the process they planned out is very pragmatic! Firstly trying to rebuild the trust that that tories all but destroyed with the EU (why would they want us back!)

But better closer trade deal to begin with….. then possible single market entry… and then only after that a thought of rejoining the EU seem like sensible steps

I think the one good thing to come out of Brexit is that we have stopped the blaming of the EU for everything … one day I’d like to think we will stopped demonising foreigners

By *eroy1000Man 3 weeks ago

milton keynes

"Only quickly read a BBC article but it seems he wants to reverse brexit in the longer term. Could this be a big vote winner for them given how many people oppose brexit. In the lib dems they have an established party to get behind with a common goal. Bit like a reverse situation of Boris in 2019. Might be more successful than a newly started party.

Actually it is long long term.. I think the process they planned out is very pragmatic! Firstly trying to rebuild the trust that that tories all but destroyed with the EU (why would they want us back!)

But better closer trade deal to begin with….. then possible single market entry… and then only after that a thought of rejoining the EU seem like sensible steps

I think the one good thing to come out of Brexit is that we have stopped the blaming of the EU for everything … one day I’d like to think we will stopped demonising foreigners "

Long or long long term is probably a better tactic than trying to reverse brexit quickly. More reason for it to be attractive to those that want such an outcome to get behind them and if what some say is true, should be an awful lot of people.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Good news is I read it…

Actually have to say… very impressed

By *rench letterCouple 3 weeks ago

Chorley,

I like the Lib Dems manifesto and would vote for them but unfortunately they are not standing in Chorley as a with Lindsey Hoyle being the speaker of the house both Conservative's and Lib dems not putting a candidate forward.

By *mateur100Man 3 weeks ago

nr faversham

"Good news is I read it…

Actually have to say… very impressed "

Legalising cannabis not an issue for you?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Good news is I read it…

Legalising cannabis not an issue for you?"

Nope… basically if it works the same way it does in the states then you will have dispensaries shops where you can get it in different forms

When I have been in the states I have had it in the form of “gummies” …. No difference to for example taking multi vitamins as gummies

By *mateur100Man 3 weeks ago

nr faversham

"Good news is I read it…

Legalising cannabis not an issue for you?

Nope… basically if it works the same way it does in the states then you will have dispensaries shops where you can get it in different forms

When I have been in the states I have had it in the form of “gummies” …. No difference to for example taking multi vitamins as gummies "

I've lived next to a family with 3 of them on and it's not pleasant so won't be getting my vote

By *yth11Couple 3 weeks ago

newark

To join the single market you have to be a member of the EU or EFTA with the EFTA option further divided into EEA route and Swiss route.

Brighton

"To join the single market you have to be a member of the EU or EFTA with the EFTA option further divided into EEA route and Swiss route."

Yep

Brighton

Only party (that I have seen) that will tackle IR35 nonsense by creating a third type of worker…

“Modernise employment rights to make them fit for the age of the ‘gig economy’, including by:

- Establishing a new ‘dependent contractor’ employment status in between employment and self-employment, with entitlements to basic rights such as minimum earnings levels, sick pay and holiday entitlement.

- Reviewing the tax and National Insurance status of employees, dependent contractors and freelancers to ensure fair and comparable treatment.

- Setting a 20% higher minimum wage for people on zero-hour contracts at times of normal demand to compensate them for the uncertainty of fluctuating hours of work.

- Giving a right to request a fixed-hours contract after 12 months for ‘zero hours’ and agency workers, not to be unreasonably refused.

- Reviewing rules concerning pensions so that those in the gig economy don’t lose out, and portability between roles is protected.

- Shifting the burden of proof in employment tribunals regarding employment status from individual to employer”

» Add a new message to this topic