FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The 2024 eu election.

The 2024 eu election.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man 3 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

It is the eu election and voting started 6th june and it is lasting for 3 days till 9th june, today, is the last day.

Did you know that this is the tenth parliamentary election since the first direct elections in 1979 and that it is mandatory to vote in 4 member states, they are, belgium, bulgaria, luxembourg and greece?

What do you think is the outcome of it?

I think it is hard to say, but many are predicting that it could be a sharp turn to the right too

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *idnight RamblerMan 3 weeks ago

Pershore

What's this EU you speak of?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 3 weeks ago

golden fields

"What's this EU you speak of?"

If more of the British electorate knew the answer to that question, we wouldn't be in the Brexit mess we're in now.

Pershore

"What's this EU you speak of?

If more of the British electorate knew the answer to that question, we wouldn't be in the Brexit mess we're in now. "

I'll take a look. If it's a kind of trade bloc or something, we should consider joining.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan 3 weeks ago

Kent

So many gains for far right parties that Nigel will be banging on the door wanting back in

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 3 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"So many gains for far right parties that Nigel will be banging on the door wanting back in "

If trump gets in Nigel will be truly torn where to go..

By *mateur100Man 3 weeks ago

nr faversham

If more of the British electorate knew the answer to that question, we wouldn't be in the Brexit mess we're in now. "

Most of the electorate know, they just don't agree with your opinion Johnny

in Lancashire

If more of the British electorate knew the answer to that question, we wouldn't be in the Brexit mess we're in now.

Most of the electorate know, they just don't agree with your opinion Johnny"

Knew, as in those who voted to leave at the time..

Ask that question tomorrow and the outcome will be different ..

nr faversham

"

Know, because I got one would vote the same way as would everyone i know/knew

in Lancashire

Know, because I got one would vote the same way as would everyone i know/knew "

Knew as in a large percentage of those who voted to leave are no longer with us sadly..

Go and look at the data concerning the age groups if each side and the various polls that have been carried out in the last eight years..

nr faversham

Knew as in a large percentage of those who voted to leave are no longer with us sadly..

Go and look at the data concerning the age groups if each side and the various polls that have been carried out in the last eight years.."

I'm not going to bother thanks. I know my opinions and that of those around me. Don't forget, remain were going to win and were going to accept the result...

By *ostindreamsMan 3 weeks ago

London

The EU was a great idea as a trade union. But as always, politicians decided to used it to gain more power and tried taking away sovereignty of countries with their stupid idea of an "ever-closer union". I could see them imploding pretty soon.

in Lancashire

Go and look at the data concerning the age groups if each side and the various polls that have been carried out in the last eight years..

I'm not going to bother thanks. I know my opinions and that of those around me. Don't forget, remain were going to win and were going to accept the result..."

You might have done then but you don't know what your talking about in this thread, hence your backing away..

Which is fine, your choice..

Remain voters did accept it, well the ones I know did..

Democracy..

nr faversham

I'm not going to bother thanks. I know my opinions and that of those around me. Don't forget, remain were going to win and were going to accept the result...

You might have done then but you don't know what your talking about in this thread, hence your backing away..

Democracy.."

What? Backing away? Not in the slightest. Democracy, you said it. If I remember correctly it was a once in a lifetime vote! Your side lost, despite expecting to win...deal with it

nr faversham

"The EU was a great idea as a trade union. But as always, politicians decided to used it to gain more power and tried taking away sovereignty of countries with their stupid idea of an "ever-closer union". I could see them imploding pretty soon."

in Lancashire

Democracy..

What? Backing away? Not in the slightest. Democracy, you said it. If I remember correctly it was a once in a lifetime vote! Your side lost, despite expecting to win...deal with it "

You seem confused..

Your backing away from the fact that the demographic have changed, pointed you to that the data is there and the polls etc on then and now..

That's what I was clearly referring to..

And you don't understand democracy if you think it means a topic can't be reviewed and revisited, it's why there was a vote in 2016..

Because if a previous vote yes..

Btw I don't think it will be looked at again in that format, it's pretty evident that it was a mistake to ask a simple question on a complicated issue..

Easier to go by a message on a bus eh..

nr faversham

Democracy..

What? Backing away? Not in the slightest. Democracy, you said it. If I remember correctly it was a once in a lifetime vote! Your side lost, despite expecting to win...deal with it

You seem confused..

Your backing away from the fact that the demographic have changed, pointed you to that the data is there and the polls etc on then and now..

And you don't understand democracy if you think it means a topic can't be reviewed and revisited, it's why there was a vote in 2016..

Btw I don't think it will be looked at again in that format, it's pretty evident that it was a mistake to ask a simple question on a complicated issue..

Easier to go by a message on a bus eh.. "

Hilarious

in Lancashire

Democracy..

You seem confused..

Hilarious "

I think the hilarity was felt by those who so easily misled and manipulated people..

Hey ho..

nr faversham

Democracy..

You seem confused..

Hilarious

I think the hilarity was felt by those who so easily misled and manipulated people..

Hey ho..

"

And what's happening in the EU elections???

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 3 weeks ago

golden fields

I haven't expressed an opinion here.

Evidence suggests a large proportion of the electorate had no idea. This forum over the last however many years seems to have confirmed that.

By *hagTonight OP   Man 3 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

I read the latest news and macron calls for a snap election on june 30, because le pens far right party makes historic gains in the eu elections, the national rally party gained 31.5% of support in france according to exit polls on sunday, becoming the first french party to receive more than 30% of votes in european elections since 1984.

What do you think of macrons decision of calling a snap election? I think that it is good he does it.

In germany the far right also makes strong gains, afd finished 2nd in the sundays eu election.

By *ony 2016Man 3 weeks ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

We commemorate 80 years since the landing of troops on D Day

The right wing make gains in European Elections

Pershore

Looks like the EU has taken a sharp right turn. Where's that taking them I wonder? Maybe we're better out of it after all eh?

By *anesjhCouple 3 weeks ago

LONDON.

"The EU was a great idea as a trade union. But as always, politicians decided to used it to gain more power and tried taking away sovereignty of countries with their stupid idea of an "ever-closer union". I could see them imploding pretty soon."

By *estivalMan 3 weeks ago

borehamwood

"We commemorate 80 years since the landing of troops on D Day

The right wing make gains in European Elections

"

oh no the people of Europe have gone right,mabey just mabey they have lost faith in the left and the centrist who have been running the show,pesky democracy letting the great unwashed have a vote

in Lancashire

Democracy..

You seem confused..

Hilarious

Hey ho..

And what's happening in the EU elections???"

Are they voting to leave?

Did I miss that?

By *irldnCouple 3 weeks ago

Brighton

Democracy..

You seem confused..

Hilarious

Hey ho..

Did I miss that?"

Swing to the right and therefore more nationalist parties who are anti-EU.

Brighton

Extract from interesting article I read yesterday…

“While the radical right comes in an array of flavors, what unites them is a view of the world centered around an ethnic nation-state, hostility toward migrants, especially if they’re Muslim, and skepticism toward supranational organizations like the EU, the United Nations and, in some cases, NATO.

Some radical-right politicians are economic libertarians, but more espouse a strong, protective state — at least when it comes to those they consider citizens. Apart from the factionalism that plagues the passionate, Russia is the biggest point of division. Some parties, like the AfD or Austria’s Freedom Party, are open fans of Russian President Vladimir Putin. Others like Meloni’s Brothers of Italy or Poland’s Law and Justice party are, for reasons of conviction or convenience, among his staunchest opponents.”

in Lancashire

Democracy..

You seem confused..

Hilarious

Hey ho..

Did I miss that?

Swing to the right and therefore more nationalist parties who are anti-EU."

I know..

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 3 weeks ago

Cumbria

Democracy..

What? Backing away? Not in the slightest. Democracy, you said it. If I remember correctly it was a once in a lifetime vote! Your side lost, despite expecting to win...deal with it "

It was also a non binding referendum so there’s that.

By *igNick1381Man 3 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

But Johnny is the source of all wisdom, who could possibly disagree

By *abioMan 3 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"So many gains for far right parties that Nigel will be banging on the door wanting back in "

Nah… I think Nigel would only want back in to fiddle expenses more…. In fact , why do we not mention that Nigel farage got caught fiddling his EU expenses more…. Hmmmm

Cumbria

"So many gains for far right parties that Nigel will be banging on the door wanting back in

Nah… I think Nigel would only want back in to fiddle expenses more…. In fact , why do we not mention that Nigel farage got caught fiddling his EU expenses more…. Hmmmm"

Did brave, son of stockbroker, privately educated, merchant banker turned career politician, Sir Nige fiddle his expenses?

We pilloried Nadhim Zahawi for about £6k worth of fiddling, so surely brave Sir Nige could only have fiddled a couple of hundred quid?

By *hawn ScottMan 3 weeks ago

london Brixton

in all the debates nobody mentions the elephant in the room? Brexit

I promised I would never get into anymore political debates online as it just stress's me out.

But these videos are very informative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLF_ZkIpVrQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1M_47YIAxw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ldfpUW0cEk

By *hawn ScottMan 3 weeks ago

london Brixton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-7rDYo3FR4

By *ssex_tomMan 3 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Go and look at the data concerning the age groups if each side and the various polls that have been carried out in the last eight years.."

Perhaps repeat the vote every 12 months until we get the result we want. .

Chelmsford

Politics is like a pendulum. It swings back and back again. It's needs that correction now and then. The loony left self appointed libertarians are losing to the right. We need that to end the madness occasionally. It's democracy. The kind of democracy that the liberal elite love until the people fall out of love with it. Then they demonise the right by calling them populist, can't be trusted to vote, such an important issue cannot be entrusted with the minions..

How patronising and evil to say that old people voted leave but now they are dead. Maybe stop anyone over 40 voting. That will do the trick ..

Cumbria

"Politics is like a pendulum. It swings back and back again. It's needs that correction now and then. The loony left self appointed libertarians are losing to the right. We need that to end the madness occasionally. It's democracy. The kind of democracy that the liberal elite love until the people fall out of love with it. Then they demonise the right by calling them populist, can't be trusted to vote, such an important issue cannot be entrusted with the minions..

How patronising and evil to say that old people voted leave but now they are dead. Maybe stop anyone over 40 voting. That will do the trick .."

I’m not sure you could describe libertarians as left wing, Tom. Left wing tends to be defined by ‘big government’ and libertarianism is the exact opposite.

Chelmsford

"Politics is like a pendulum. It swings back and back again. It's needs that correction now and then. The loony left self appointed libertarians are losing to the right. We need that to end the madness occasionally. It's democracy. The kind of democracy that the liberal elite love until the people fall out of love with it. Then they demonise the right by calling them populist, can't be trusted to vote, such an important issue cannot be entrusted with the minions..

How patronising and evil to say that old people voted leave but now they are dead. Maybe stop anyone over 40 voting. That will do the trick ..

I’m not sure you could describe libertarians as left wing, Tom. Left wing tends to be defined by ‘big government’ and libertarianism is the exact opposite."

Hahaha.. great entertainment

By *eroy1000Man 3 weeks ago

milton keynes

Macron calling a snap election was a bit of a shock though it turns out its not his job on the line, directly. If his party do badly in this parliamentary election, can he really stay on as president

By *astandFeistyCouple 3 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Everyone still wanna rejoin the EU?

Brighton

"Everyone still wanna rejoin the EU? "

Nope that ship sailed and the sweet deal we had would be no more. The single market and return to a trading bloc EEC style for the UK, yeah sure!

Brighton

"Everyone still wanna rejoin the EU?

Nope that ship sailed and the sweet deal we had would be no more. The single market and return to a trading bloc EEC style for the UK, yeah sure! "

To add…across the EU the right have been emboldened by Brexit. We could see the EU unravel anyway now!

Bournemouth

Nope that ship sailed and the sweet deal we had would be no more. The single market and return to a trading bloc EEC style for the UK, yeah sure! "

And free movement? That's the one thing remainers we're pissed at most.

Bournemouth

Nope that ship sailed and the sweet deal we had would be no more. The single market and return to a trading bloc EEC style for the UK, yeah sure!

To add…across the EU the right have been emboldened by Brexit. We could see the EU unravel anyway now!"

'The right' said all along we could see the EU implode. Apparently, that was nonsense.

Brighton

And free movement? That's the one thing remainers we're pissed at most. "

The Lib Dems are talking about Single Market (eventually) and easier/freedom of movement. I need to go back and check actual wording.

I don’t think FoM for all was really what remainers were pissed off at. Everyone recognised that unfettered immigration is challenging for public services. But FoM for us into Europe certainly LOL

Bournemouth

And free movement? That's the one thing remainers we're pissed at most.

The Lib Dems are talking about Single Market (eventually) and easier/freedom of movement. I need to go back and check actual wording.

I don’t think FoM for all was really what remainers were pissed off at. Everyone recognised that unfettered immigration is challenging for public services. But FoM for us into Europe certainly LOL"

It would be FoM for the EU/Europe surely seeing as that's what we're speaking about.

Have you seen some of the left, they definitely would welcome unfettered immigration.

By *ony 2016Man 3 weeks ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

Perhaps repeat the vote every 12 months until we get the result we want. ."

Like the tories have done since Brexit

By *ermbiMan 3 weeks ago

Ballyshannon

What evidence do you have that the right has been emboldened by Brexit. Bit of a sweeping statement.

To add…across the EU the right have been emboldened by Brexit. We could see the EU unravel anyway now!"

By *ermbiMan 3 weeks ago

Ballyshannon

And free movement? That's the one thing remainers we're pissed at most. "

Leavers pissed too I guess

» Add a new message to this topic