FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Rishi Sunak to Resign?

Rishi Sunak to Resign?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *roadShoulderz OP   Man 4 weeks ago

Petersfield

...the Leadership of the Conservatives?

He must be waying up his options this weekend....

Would he think he has made such a major mistake that handing over to someone vaguely sensible just might prevent total wipeout of the Tories?

Or is it all about himself?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *idnight RamblerMan 3 weeks ago

Pershore

Nah, Sony are already in discussion to make a movie of Rishi's D-Day escapade called The Shortest Day.

By *irldnCouple 3 weeks ago

Brighton

"Nah, Sony are already in discussion to make a movie of Rishi's D-Day escapade called The Shortest Day."
very good. With a cast of dozens!

By *otMe66Man 3 weeks ago

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 09/06/24 08:58:32]

By *otMe66Man 3 weeks ago

Terra Firma

As bad as the incident is it will run out of steam by Tuesday, the public have short memories, but don’t worry we will be reminded by every party leader during interviews, no matter the question asked

He won’t resign, regardless of the outcry politicians have extremely thick skin

By *melie LALWoman 3 weeks ago

Peterborough

"As bad as the incident is it will run out of steam by Tuesday, the public have short memories, but don’t worry we will be reminded by every party leader during interviews, no matter the question asked

He won’t resign, regardless of the outcry politicians have extremely thick skin"

There is no time for him to resign and the process for a new leader to occur.

The only course I can see for the tories is to back him. If they were re-elected, they could fuck him over then.

This is merely another reason to avoid the tories.

By *roadShoulderz OP   Man 3 weeks ago

Petersfield

I agree they are probably now stuck with him for another 25 days as we all are unfortunately.

He stands on a platform of being the trustworthy man with a plan whereas in practice his campaign has been a continuous series of calamities.

He has also taken the lead role, with very little support from any of the more visible members of his cabinet, and now appears to have gone into hiding.

Difficult to recover from this position but let's see....

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 3 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Early days yet, the feking election still has nigh on four more weeks..

Agree that the 'big beasts' of the Tories seem to be staying schtum but they might be lined up to contribute more, however for some him springing the date on them has it appears thrown a fair bit of confusion amongst them..

There's still time for gaffes from all sides but unless Starmer pushes David Attenborough off a bridge Sunak's run away from Normandy will take some topping..

By *abioMan 3 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"As bad as the incident is it will run out of steam by Tuesday, the public have short memories, but don’t worry we will be reminded by every party leader during interviews, no matter the question asked

He won’t resign, regardless of the outcry politicians have extremely thick skin"

I don’t think this one will be one that people will forget honestly…

People didn’t forget Teresa May and the so called “dementia tax” when she tried to have a stab at social care

Gordon brown and the Gillian Duffy “abhorrent woman” hot mic moment…..

Brighton

Shhhh “pushes David Attenborough off a bridge” don’t give Sunak’s Strategy Director any ideas, I can see them saying “get the climate crisis sceptics on your side!”

By *va.nightingaleTV/TS 3 weeks ago

North Manchester

He won’t resign, regardless of the outcry politicians have extremely thick skin

I don’t think this one will be one that people will forget honestly…

People didn’t forget Teresa May and the so called “dementia tax” when she tried to have a stab at social care

Gordon brown and the Gillian Duffy “abhorrent woman” hot mic moment….."

I think the correct line Gordon Brown used was 'bigoted woman'

Despite this technical 'faux pas', he remains the only labour politician I ever have respected, Mr. James Gordon Brown. Should have recieved a knighthood.

By *va.nightingaleTV/TS 3 weeks ago

North Manchester

(Received....., sorry.)

By *wosmilersCouple 3 weeks ago

Heathrowish

In my view, because the choices are pretty dire, anyone who was on the margin of voting Tory, may now wash their hands of that idea without having to worry about the differences between policies or manifestos.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 3 weeks ago

Cumbria

"Early days yet, the feking election still has nigh on four more weeks..

Agree that the 'big beasts' of the Tories seem to be staying schtum but they might be lined up to contribute more, however for some him springing the date on them has it appears thrown a fair bit of confusion amongst them..

There's still time for gaffes from all sides but unless Starmer pushes David Attenborough off a bridge Sunak's run away from Normandy will take some topping.."

I don’t think there are any ‘big beasts’ left in the Conservative Party, at least not among the MPs. The party has sunk so low since the likes of Heseltine and Clarke were banished to the back benches, and now when they speak of their party it’s with embarrassment over what it had become.

By *aribbean King 1985Man 3 weeks ago

South West London

As much as Im not his biggest fan, there's no reason why Rishi Sunak should resign because he left D Day early, yes it was stupid and wrong for him to do it but MPs have done much worse and they're still in their jobs so not sure why people are making a big deal of it, move on

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 3 weeks ago

golden fields

"As much as Im not his biggest fan, there's no reason why Rishi Sunak should resign because he left D Day early, yes it was stupid and wrong for him to do it but MPs have done much worse and they're still in their jobs so not sure why people are making a big deal of it, move on"

I do agree with you here.

Plenty of more reasons to criticise Sunak. No need to focus on this.

Cumbria

"As much as Im not his biggest fan, there's no reason why Rishi Sunak should resign because he left D Day early, yes it was stupid and wrong for him to do it but MPs have done much worse and they're still in their jobs so not sure why people are making a big deal of it, move on

Plenty of more reasons to criticise Sunak. No need to focus on this."

True, but it does show how spectacularly awful the Conservative campaign is, and it was hilarious watching the Tory fan boys try to defend him, and then going very quiet.

golden fields

"As much as Im not his biggest fan, there's no reason why Rishi Sunak should resign because he left D Day early, yes it was stupid and wrong for him to do it but MPs have done much worse and they're still in their jobs so not sure why people are making a big deal of it, move on

True, but it does show how spectacularly awful the Conservative campaign is, and it was hilarious watching the Tory fan boys try to defend him, and then going very quiet.

"

The whole point of this forum is to watch people arguing lost causes. 14 years of story rule has been great, Brexit was a good idea, Boris was a good PM, climate science isn't real, foreigners cause all the problems etc.

Some do it as an exercise in debate, and I'm sure some genuinely believe it.

Pershore

The whole point of this forum is to watch people arguing lost causes. 14 years of story rule has been great, Brexit was a good idea, Boris was a good PM, climate science isn't real, foreigners cause all the problems etc.

Some do it as an exercise in debate, and I'm sure some genuinely believe it. "

I'm sure it's just an oversight, but in the interest of balance you've missed a few old chestnuts. Brexit to blame for everything (even the weather), terrorists are gallant freedom fighters, shareholders to blame for sewage on beaches, director's bonuses cause starvation, profit and greed is disadvantaging our kids, private schools to blame for knife crime, NHS is a national institution, and Big Parma is killing all of us.

golden fields

I'm sure it's just an oversight, but in the interest of balance you've missed a few old chestnuts. Brexit to blame for everything (even the weather), terrorists are gallant freedom fighters, shareholders to blame for sewage on beaches, director's bonuses cause starvation, profit and greed is disadvantaging our kids, private schools to blame for knife crime, NHS is a national institution, and Big Parma is killing all of us."

Haven't seen any of this.

The last one I assume is in the conspiracy theory (virus) section?

By *astandFeistyCouple 3 weeks ago

Bournemouth

There's none so blind as those who will not see

Peterborough

Plenty of more reasons to criticise Sunak. No need to focus on this."

However, hopefully this will reverse the oldies staple vote

Peterborough

Some do it as an exercise in debate, and I'm sure some genuinely believe it. "

Something can be a good idea but spectacularly fail when those who carry it out have not got their hearts in it. Namely Brexit.

Peterborough

I'm sure it's just an oversight, but in the interest of balance you've missed a few old chestnuts. Brexit to blame for everything (even the weather), terrorists are gallant freedom fighters, shareholders to blame for sewage on beaches, director's bonuses cause starvation, profit and greed is disadvantaging our kids, private schools to blame for knife crime, NHS is a national institution, and Big Parma is killing all of us."

Parma Violets

Pershore

I'm sure it's just an oversight, but in the interest of balance you've missed a few old chestnuts. Brexit to blame for everything (even the weather), terrorists are gallant freedom fighters, shareholders to blame for sewage on beaches, director's bonuses cause starvation, profit and greed is disadvantaging our kids, private schools to blame for knife crime, NHS is a national institution, and Big Parma is killing all of us.

Parma Violets "

Yes that too. Parma Violet Gin is a big thing apparently

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 3 weeks ago

nearby

He will resign on 5th July following catastrophic Tory defeat

And then collect £115,000 +rpi for life.

golden fields

Something can be a good idea but spectacularly fail when those who carry it out have not got their hearts in it. Namely Brexit."

Ermmmm. It's panned out pretty much exactly as predicted. We knew damage would be done economically, socially, and politically. But there never was any upside.

There are people still saying it was a good idea and that it's going well. There should be a shrug emoji.

By *roadShoulderz OP   Man 3 weeks ago

Petersfield

So Sunak has been in bunker mode all weekend, apparently locked in discussions how to come back from his latest calamity, deserting the D-Day veterans and snubbing all those who organised the ceremonies and visited from a far.

Mel Stride forced to deny on live TV that Sunk was going to resign.

Sunk is apparently refusing to speak to unfriendly journalists whilst touring the South East today.

If this week the polls show Reform has overtaken the Tories it's going to be the third disastrous campaign week for Sunak.

And Suella is making her move for the leadership. Nothing like kicking a guy when he's down....

Pershore

"So Sunak has been in bunker mode all weekend, apparently locked in discussions how to come back from his latest calamity, deserting the D-Day veterans and snubbing all those who organised the ceremonies and visited from a far.

Sunk is apparently refusing to speak to unfriendly journalists whilst touring the South East today.

If this week the polls show Reform has overtaken the Tories it's going to be the third disastrous campaign week for Sunak.

And Suella is making her move for the leadership. Nothing like kicking a guy when he's down...."

Tory in-fighting has played a major part in their demise. Everybody is fed-up to the back teeth with their squabbling. I can't see any ambitious potential leader wanting to take the reigns 4 weeks ahead of a drubbing in the GE. As for Reform, we've seen these fringe parties come and go in the past, they won't survive. The Tories will bounce back eventually after a term in opposition and the carnage we'll inevitably see from a Labour government.

Brighton

"So Sunak has been in bunker mode all weekend, apparently locked in discussions how to come back from his latest calamity, deserting the D-Day veterans and snubbing all those who organised the ceremonies and visited from a far.

And Suella is making her move for the leadership. Nothing like kicking a guy when he's down....

Tory in-fighting has played a major part in their demise. Everybody is fed-up to the back teeth with their squabbling. I can't see any ambitious potential leader wanting to take the reigns 4 weeks ahead of a drubbing in the GE. As for Reform, we've seen these fringe parties come and go in the past, they won't survive. The Tories will bounce back eventually after a term in opposition and the carnage we'll inevitably see from a Labour government."

I was going to give this a until your last sentence. I really don’t think we can assume that. They will be inheriting a worse position than the coalition did in 2010. Anyone forming a govt is going to be hard pressed to make the numbers stack up while trying to deliver priorities. The only hope any govt really has is an upturn in the UK and World economy and then ride that wave to better corporation tax and VAT receipts. Generally (barring certain groups such as kids being punished for their parents paying for private school and saving taxpayers £8k a year) I honestly don’t think it could worse, just more of the same wearing a different rosette.

Pershore

Tory in-fighting has played a major part in their demise. Everybody is fed-up to the back teeth with their squabbling. I can't see any ambitious potential leader wanting to take the reigns 4 weeks ahead of a drubbing in the GE. As for Reform, we've seen these fringe parties come and go in the past, they won't survive. The Tories will bounce back eventually after a term in opposition and the carnage we'll inevitably see from a Labour government.

I was going to give this a until your last sentence. I really don’t think we can assume that. They will be inheriting a worse position than the coalition did in 2010. Anyone forming a govt is going to be hard pressed to make the numbers stack up while trying to deliver priorities. The only hope any govt really has is an upturn in the UK and World economy and then ride that wave to better corporation tax and VAT receipts. Generally (barring certain groups such as kids being punished for their parents paying for private school and saving taxpayers £8k a year) I honestly don’t think it could worse, just more of the same wearing a different rosette."

I'd love to see our nation united and revitalised under a fresh Labour government, but I just can't see it. I don't think they have the calibre of politicians nor vision to pull it off. Worst case scenario is that Starmer gets pushed out be UNISON/Unite and the nation gets a socialist regime.

By *hropshireGentMan 3 weeks ago

shropshire

I think Penny Mordaunt wouid make a great leader

Brighton

I was going to give this a until your last sentence. I really don’t think we can assume that. They will be inheriting a worse position than the coalition did in 2010. Anyone forming a govt is going to be hard pressed to make the numbers stack up while trying to deliver priorities. The only hope any govt really has is an upturn in the UK and World economy and then ride that wave to better corporation tax and VAT receipts. Generally (barring certain groups such as kids being punished for their parents paying for private school and saving taxpayers £8k a year) I honestly don’t think it could worse, just more of the same wearing a different rosette.

I'd love to see our nation united and revitalised under a fresh Labour government, but I just can't see it. I don't think they have the calibre of politicians nor vision to pull it off. Worst case scenario is that Starmer gets pushed out be UNISON/Unite and the nation gets a socialist regime."

I agree re calibre of politicians. Unless I am just becoming an old moaning git (don’t answer that ) then it does feel increasingly like kindergarten time when you see them debate or exchanges in HoC. It feels worse since 2016 IMO and even worse since 2019.

Peterborough

"I think Penny Mordaunt wouid make a great leader "

Yeah she has the lying down to a T.

Cumbria

"I think Penny Mordaunt wouid make a great leader "

Why?

By *2000ManMan 3 weeks ago

Worthing

"In my view, because the choices are pretty dire, anyone who was on the margin of voting Tory, may now wash their hands of that idea without having to worry about the differences between policies or manifestos."

This in a nutshell.

By *eroy1000Man 3 weeks ago

milton keynes

And Suella is making her move for the leadership. Nothing like kicking a guy when he's down...."

I did not think a campaign could go any worse than Theresa May's did but he seems to be having a good go at beating it.

By *inky_ragnarCouple 3 weeks ago

Peterborough

".....I think the correct line Gordon Brown used was 'bigoted woman'

Despite this technical 'faux pas', he remains the only labour politician I ever have respected, Mr. James Gordon Brown. Should have recieved a knighthood.

"

He was offered one. He declined due to his belief we should have an elected second chamber.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 3 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

"I think Penny Mordaunt wouid make a great leader

Why?"

Has a cracking pair of norks.

By *roadShoulderz OP   Man 2 weeks ago

Petersfield

I did not think a campaign could go any worse than Theresa May's did but he seems to be having a good go at beating it."

So another week has gone by, Sunak's personal popularity is now lower than Bunter's and Corbyn's at their lowest point, but still higher than Lettuce Liz.

The betting scandal is growing a week after the news broke, with more Tories likely to be exposed. Sunak appears to be impotent in dealing with the cheats which will probably make the scandal worse for him.

Reform's share of the vote is growing according to the polls whilst Labour retains its 20 point lead over the Tories.

And this is the guy who told us he has a plan and the other guy doesn't.

Will he actually be able to survive the next two weeks?

By *va.nightingaleTV/TS 2 weeks ago

North Manchester

".....I think the correct line Gordon Brown used was 'bigoted woman'

He was offered one. He declined due to his belief we should have an elected second chamber."

I didn't know that, thank you.

By *idnight RamblerMan 2 weeks ago

Pershore

Rishi will be lucky to retain his seat, much less be PM or even Tory leader. By Christmas he'll be on the beach in California and giving £1 mil. a pop after dinner speeches.

By *ostindreamsMan 2 weeks ago

London

"Rishi will be lucky to retain his seat, much less be PM or even Tory leader. By Christmas he'll be on the beach in California and giving £1 mil. a pop after dinner speeches."

And publish a book about his life, and go on book signing tours with Liz Truss and Boris Johnson who have already published their books.

By *roadShoulderz OP   Man 2 weeks ago

Petersfield

"Rishi will be lucky to retain his seat, much less be PM or even Tory leader. By Christmas he'll be on the beach in California and giving £1 mil. a pop after dinner speeches."

Christmas? More like mid-July as soon as his children's school has broken up for the summer holidays...

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man 2 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

"Rishi will be lucky to retain his seat, much less be PM or even Tory leader. By Christmas he'll be on the beach in California and giving £1 mil. a pop after dinner speeches.

And publish a book about his life, and go on book signing tours with Liz Truss and Boris Johnson who have already published their books."

Isn’t that what all former Prime Ministers do, publish something and then go on a lecture tour, maximising the financial draw down on their previous position.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 2 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Rishi will be lucky to retain his seat, much less be PM or even Tory leader. By Christmas he'll be on the beach in California and giving £1 mil. a pop after dinner speeches.

And publish a book about his life, and go on book signing tours with Liz Truss and Boris Johnson who have already published their books.

Isn’t that what all former Prime Ministers do, publish something and then go on a lecture tour, maximising the financial draw down on their previous position. "

Most of them yes, think recently Gordon Brown has taken a different route..

By *ggdrasil66Man 1 week ago

Saltdean

I can’t see the toad resigning, especially as he would then have to either stand as an independent in his constituency, or leave his candidacy to run without him, which would end with only a few hundred votes.

By *roadShoulderz OP   Man 2 days ago

Petersfield

I wonder how the drafting of Sunk's resignation speech is going.

Will it be humble, or shouty and aggressive? Will he continue to attack SKS?

Or will he attack the people who voted Reform? Will he blame Remain voters, Bunter, Lettuce Liz?

Perhaps he will do a Trump and claim he really won?

Given his aggression it will be amusing if it's humble, but looking forward the final draft lol.

By *oulderingBearMan 22 hours ago

Falme

He's already referred to Angela Rayner as "deputy Prime Minister" in an interview. They will claim he was talking about the hypothetical idea but we all know he's checked out.

I'm more curious about Lounge Lizard JRG, if he does hold onto his seat I can't see him enduring the ingnamy or being happy just dealing with constituency issues as a member of the opposition. He'll resign before too long I think.

By *isterBuckMan 22 hours ago

Birmingham

"I wonder how the drafting of Sunk's resignation speech is going.

Or will he attack the people who voted Reform? Will he blame Remain voters, Bunter, Lettuce Liz?

Given his aggression it will be amusing if it's humble, but looking forward the final draft lol."

I can’t imagine he cares much. He’ll just get on with packing his bags for California and the next stage of his career. He’ll get a better deal out of the election than Starmer, who’s now got a load of shit to deal with and ten years of failure to look forward to.

By *irldnCouple 22 hours ago

Brighton

Given his aggression it will be amusing if it's humble, but looking forward the final draft lol.

I can’t imagine he cares much. He’ll just get on with packing his bags for California and the next stage of his career. He’ll get a better deal out of the election than Starmer, who’s now got a load of shit to deal with and ten years of failure to look forward to."

Exactly, Rishi “It was fun playing at being PM for a bit but as I’ve run out of ideas of how to make myself and my mates richer I’m off to get the kids enrolled in school in the USA. But I’m alright Jack so long suckers!” Sunak and his Chancellor Jeremy “There’s no money, we gave it to all our cronies” Hunt will no doubt be laughing all the way to the bank. And people like you will laud them without realising the irony of how they spunked away your money yet you applaud them!

It is the footballisation of politics. Because they are your team they can do no wrong (like the worship of Truss). I would have been deafened by the outcry if Labour had been the Govt the last 5 years and behaved identically.

Sunak has been a disaster following on from the disaster that was Truss following on from the disaster that was Johnson following on from the indecisive weak May and the coward Cameron. The Conservatives are unrecognisable. I can’t even figure out what they are any more. Seems more like a front for a criminal gang!

But yeah, applaud them for leaving the mess and emptying the coffers, our coffers, our money

By *otMe66Man 22 hours ago

Terra Firma

I can’t imagine he cares much. He’ll just get on with packing his bags for California and the next stage of his career. He’ll get a better deal out of the election than Starmer, who’s now got a load of shit to deal with and ten years of failure to look forward to.

Exactly, Rishi “It was fun playing at being PM for a bit but as I’ve run out of ideas of how to make myself and my mates richer I’m off to get the kids enrolled in school in the USA. But I’m alright Jack so long suckers!” Sunak and his Chancellor Jeremy “There’s no money, we gave it to all our cronies” Hunt will no doubt be laughing all the way to the bank. And people like you will laud them without realising the irony of how they spunked away your money yet you applaud them!

It is the footballisation of politics. Because they are your team they can do no wrong (like the worship of Truss). I would have been deafened by the outcry if Labour had been the Govt the last 5 years and behaved identically.

Sunak has been a disaster following on from the disaster that was Truss following on from the disaster that was Johnson following on from the indecisive weak May and the coward Cameron. The Conservatives are unrecognisable. I can’t even figure out what they are any more. Seems more like a front for a criminal gang!

But yeah, applaud them for leaving the mess and emptying the coffers, our coffers, our money "

I think it is really interesting how we can both read the same thing and come up with a completely different opinion on the tone.

I’m reading Sunak is off to California and couldn’t give a damn.

Starmer is in a bad place because of the mess left behind by the tories.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 22 hours ago

Cumbria

Who knows when he’ll resign but I’ve enjoyed seeing all the Tory boys on here slowly try to distance themselves from the party they’ve supported as if destroyed the country to the extent the most insipid, uninspiring Labour Party ever is going to win a landslide.

By *otMe66Man 22 hours ago

Terra Firma

"Who knows when he’ll resign but I’ve enjoyed seeing all the Tory boys on here slowly try to distance themselves from the party they’ve supported as if destroyed the country to the extent the most insipid, uninspiring Labour Party ever is going to win a landslide."

You won’t have long to wait before the left wing gain control and the insipid, uninspiring labour government in power is dismantled.

By *aribbean King 1985Man 22 hours ago

South West London

But yet most of you will vote for this insipid, uninspiring and quite frankly looney Labour Party into power? Ok

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 22 hours ago

Cumbria

"But yet most of you will vote for this insipid, uninspiring and quite frankly looney Labour Party into power? Ok "

What’s ‘looney’ about them?

By *irldnCouple 21 hours ago

Brighton

But yeah, applaud them for leaving the mess and emptying the coffers, our coffers, our money

I think it is really interesting how we can both read the same thing and come up with a completely different opinion on the tone.

I’m reading Sunak is off to California and couldn’t give a damn.

Starmer is in a bad place because of the mess left behind by the tories."

My comment wasn’t really about the post but more about the general sentiment across multiple posts for weeks (under this profile) and months (under the other one).

And while it will be true that the Tories have left an absolute mess for Labour to deal with, it means all we are going to hear for the next 5 or 10 years is “it was the Tories fault” just like the last 14 years “it was Labour’s fault”. We need to break up this duopoly. Sick of it frankly.

Brighton

"But yet most of you will vote for this insipid, uninspiring and quite frankly looney Labour Party into power? Ok "

Apparently only 40%, so does that count as most?

By *aribbean King 1985Man 21 hours ago

South West London

"But yet most of you will vote for this insipid, uninspiring and quite frankly looney Labour Party into power? Ok

What’s ‘looney’ about them?"

they looking to have men who self identify as women to share private spaces with biological women. If you think thats a sensible idea then fine vote for it

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 21 hours ago

golden fields

"Who knows when he’ll resign but I’ve enjoyed seeing all the Tory boys on here slowly try to distance themselves from the party they’ve supported as if destroyed the country to the extent the most insipid, uninspiring Labour Party ever is going to win a landslide.

You won’t have long to wait before the left wing gain control and the insipid, uninspiring labour government in power is dismantled."

Is this in reference to the unions boogie man?

golden fields

"But yet most of you will vote for this insipid, uninspiring and quite frankly looney Labour Party into power? Ok

What’s ‘looney’ about them? they looking to have men who self identify as women to share private spaces with biological women. If you think thats a sensible idea then fine vote for it"

Actually they're not.

Have a look at what Starmer has been saying.

By all means, don't vote Labour. But do it for real reasons.

By *astandFeistyCouple 21 hours ago

Bournemouth

Apparently only 40%, so does that count as most?"

40% of voters?

That isn't going to stop any duopoly. And the duopoly won't bring in any measures (PR) which harms themselves. Not enough people will vote for any party who offer it for one reason or another.

Brighton

40% of voters?

That isn't going to stop any duopoly. And the duopoly won't bring in any measures (PR) which harms themselves. Not enough people will vote for any party who offer it for one reason or another. "

Only based on voting intention polls. As someone very wise who posts here but is conspicuously absent these days likes to tell us “only one poll actually matters”

Agree with everything else. The duopoly is what is wrong with politics. We need (but will not get) a system that introduces more variety of thought instead of the do then undo cycle we are perpetually in!

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 21 hours ago

Cumbria

What’s ‘looney’ about them? they looking to have men who self identify as women to share private spaces with biological women. If you think thats a sensible idea then fine vote for it"

Are they? Do they intend to do something different to what is happening now?

Bournemouth

40% of voters?

That isn't going to stop any duopoly. And the duopoly won't bring in any measures (PR) which harms themselves. Not enough people will vote for any party who offer it for one reason or another.

Only based on voting intention polls. As someone very wise who posts here but is conspicuously absent these days likes to tell us “only one poll actually matters”

Agree with everything else. The duopoly is what is wrong with politics. We need (but will not get) a system that introduces more variety of thought instead of the do then undo cycle we are perpetually in!"

There is more than one party offering PR. Is it worth the short-term pain?

By *aribbean King 1985Man 21 hours ago

South West London

What’s ‘looney’ about them? they looking to have men who self identify as women to share private spaces with biological women. If you think thats a sensible idea then fine vote for it

Actually they're not.

By all means, don't vote Labour. But do it for real reasons. "

They are Johnny but vote for it if you want to

Brighton

40% of voters?

Agree with everything else. The duopoly is what is wrong with politics. We need (but will not get) a system that introduces more variety of thought instead of the do then undo cycle we are perpetually in!

There is more than one party offering PR. Is it worth the short-term pain?"

Well IMO yes we need PR.

golden fields

What’s ‘looney’ about them? they looking to have men who self identify as women to share private spaces with biological women. If you think thats a sensible idea then fine vote for it

Actually they're not.

By all means, don't vote Labour. But do it for real reasons. They are Johnny but vote for it if you want to"

Starmer said yesterday trans women don't have the right to use female lavatories. As an example. It's been widely reported. Feel free to look it up.

I'm not voting Labour, there are 100s of actual reasons not to.

Bournemouth

40% of voters?

Well IMO yes we need PR."

Then all we can encourage is to vote for a party offering it. Likely the party that is 3rd in your area.

By *aribbean King 1985Man 20 hours ago

South West London

Actually they're not.

By all means, don't vote Labour. But do it for real reasons. They are Johnny but vote for it if you want to

Starmer said yesterday trans women don't have the right to use female lavatories. As an example. It's been widely reported. Feel free to look it up.

"

The same Keir Starmer also said men can be women too and you can look that to if you dont believe me.

By *AFKA HovisMan 20 hours ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Actually they're not.

By all means, don't vote Labour. But do it for real reasons. They are Johnny but vote for it if you want to

"

didnt quite say that despite the headline.

Men (and women) can use any toilet today, and it's social convention. And as someone said, who polices this anyway ?

However he pointed out how the law works today. That's probably flumuxed many.

By *otMe66Man 20 hours ago

Terra Firma

"Who knows when he’ll resign but I’ve enjoyed seeing all the Tory boys on here slowly try to distance themselves from the party they’ve supported as if destroyed the country to the extent the most insipid, uninspiring Labour Party ever is going to win a landslide.

You won’t have long to wait before the left wing gain control and the insipid, uninspiring labour government in power is dismantled.

Is this in reference to the unions boogie man?"

No, it is a reference to the left wing elements of labour who will, I predict, push out the front man at the earliest opportunity.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 20 hours ago

golden fields

Actually they're not.

The same Keir Starmer also said men can be women too and you can look that to if you dont believe me. "

He didn't. He stumbled on a question once.

I guess if that's enough for you, fair enough. Just seems like a silly reason to tout for not voting Labour. What politician has never stumbled on a question?

golden fields

No, it is a reference to the left wing elements of labour who will, I predict, push out the front man at the earliest opportunity. "

Never going to happen, no real change will ever be allowed.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 20 hours ago

Cumbria

Actually they're not.

didnt quite say that despite the headline.

Men (and women) can use any toilet today, and it's social convention. And as someone said, who polices this anyway ?

However he pointed out how the law works today. That's probably flumuxed many. "

It’s funny that the sort of people who want politicians to be honest with us jump on this sort of thing and completely twist what was said to fit their own narrative. Like when Starmer said that if he could he would stop work at 6pm on a Friday to spend time with his family to observe a traditional Jewish meal with them. All of a sudden it’s ‘Starmer is going to slack off’.

I’m not a particularly big fan of Starmer but it makes a mockery of people who say they want honest politicians. Since when did a politician wanting to spend a little time with their family when work allows become a bad thing?

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 20 hours ago

Cumbria

No, it is a reference to the left wing elements of labour who will, I predict, push out the front man at the earliest opportunity. "

Who are the left wing elements of Labour?

By *otMe66Man 20 hours ago

Terra Firma

No, it is a reference to the left wing elements of labour who will, I predict, push out the front man at the earliest opportunity.

Never going to happen, no real change will ever be allowed. "

Let’s pick this up 12 months from now, I think we will be looking at a different set of figure heads coming into the mix at that point.

By *irldnCouple 20 hours ago

Brighton

40% of voters?

Well IMO yes we need PR.

Then all we can encourage is to vote for a party offering it. Likely the party that is 3rd in your area. "

Doing my best but the Lib Dems are so far behind the Conservatives and double that behind Labour (Peter Kyle is very popular) it will never happen.

However, a significant number of families have their kids in private school around here, so it will interesting to see if that has an impact on the champagne socialists!

By *astandFeistyCouple 20 hours ago

Bournemouth

40% of voters?

Well IMO yes we need PR.

Then all we can encourage is to vote for a party offering it. Likely the party that is 3rd in your area.

Doing my best but the Lib Dems are so far behind the Conservatives and double that behind Labour (Peter Kyle is very popular) it will never happen.

However, a significant number of families have their kids in private school around here, so it will interesting to see if that has an impact on the champagne socialists!"

I thought the Greens were the ones for Brighton (Pavilion and Kemptown)?

golden fields

Never going to happen, no real change will ever be allowed.

Let’s pick this up 12 months from now, I think we will be looking at a different set of figure heads coming into the mix at that point.

"

Deal.

By *uckurcumMan 20 hours ago

County Durham .Bishop Auckland

Last night confirmed that the Tories have hit a new desperate low ....

Wheeling out Johnson ( remember the Brexit bus and the millions that would go into the NHS if you voted leave )then Sunak welcoming the Conservative family as being back together....the chanting for Boris before Sunak took to the stage ....

It's like a play on its last legs but still running in the face of criticism...

His wife definitely wants him to resign and is,likely to vote Labour to ensure they can jet of to California by Monday from a country she doesn't like that a

given ...

Roll on Friday then this whole shit show might've over ....

It's a poison chalice either way .... country is fuck** for generations

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 19 hours ago

in Lancashire

Boris stepping into the fray albeit at the death of what has been a poor campaign by his party even though they, well some of them knew the start date is only about Boris..

Which is the norm..

He's distanced himself from any association from Sunak's gaffes and might now say ' my friends I had to come back to save us'..

He's like a scavenger who has arrived to pick what's left and to keep his profile with those who despite the incompetence and toxicity he has as part of his psyche relevant..

But he'll only step back in if he can profit and feed his ego from being at the helm or to disrupt..

He literally is the last thing the Tories need but his popularity as bizarre as that is given his record is still there with some who can't move on from there being no Margaret anymore..

By *roadShoulderz OP   Man 19 hours ago

Petersfield

I see Suella Braverman is already writing Sunk's epitaph, and the destruction of The Tory party has begun, and you predict a Labour PM with a massive majority will be pushed out. Not going to happen

By *otMe66Man 19 hours ago

Terra Firma

I see Suella Braverman is already writing Sunk's epitaph, and the destruction of The Tory party has begun, and you predict a Labour PM with a massive majority will be pushed out. Not going to happen "

Not pushed out of power, I'm saying Starmer will be replaced by a more left wing leader.

in Lancashire

I see Suella Braverman is already writing Sunk's epitaph, and the destruction of The Tory party has begun, and you predict a Labour PM with a massive majority will be pushed out. Not going to happen

Not pushed out of power, I'm saying Starmer will be replaced by a more left wing leader. "

Won't happen in my opinion, the 'left, left' in the party have accepted that Corbynism is great in theory but as Blair did the centre is the only way to achieve a Labour government..

Pragmatism will overrule ideology and Starmer for all his faults has showed he's prepared to kick out those who don't follow the path..

Will there be moments when the Tory graph and mail etc have shouty front pages, yes if course they will but for a while yet the discipline they've shown will remain..

By *otMe66Man 19 hours ago

Terra Firma

Not pushed out of power, I'm saying Starmer will be replaced by a more left wing leader.

Won't happen in my opinion, the 'left, left' in the party have accepted that Corbynism is great in theory but as Blair did the centre is the only way to achieve a Labour government..

Pragmatism will overrule ideology and Starmer for all his faults has showed he's prepared to kick out those who don't follow the path..

Will there be moments when the Tory graph and mail etc have shouty front pages, yes if course they will but for a while yet the discipline they've shown will remain.."

I'm not convinced, Rayner has shown signs of defiance already and they haven't got the keys yet.

This is obviously my personal opinion, but I can't see a moderate labour government under Starmer surviving an internal challenge.

In the run up to the election and to paint a picture of we are not old labour, he hit the brief, but he has made a lot of enemies internally as he went about purging.

in Lancashire

Will there be moments when the Tory graph and mail etc have shouty front pages, yes if course they will but for a while yet the discipline they've shown will remain..

I'm not convinced, Rayner has shown signs of defiance already and they haven't got the keys yet.

This is obviously my personal opinion, but I can't see a moderate labour government under Starmer surviving an internal challenge.

In the run up to the election and to paint a picture of we are not old labour, he hit the brief, but he has made a lot of enemies internally as he went about purging."

Time will tell..

By *ortyairCouple 17 hours ago

Wallasey

In the run up to the election and to paint a picture of we are not old labour, he hit the brief, but he has made a lot of enemies internally as he went about purging."

Never happened under the last Labour government, why should it happen now?

Mrs x

By *ggdrasil66Man 17 hours ago

Saltdean

Sunak will not resign, he is way too full of himself.

By *irldnCouple 17 hours ago

Brighton

"Sunak will not resign, he is way too full of himself."

I really think he will. His stint has been a failed experiment for him and his family. Too much scrutiny and probably not sufficient legislative change to really benefit him and his for years to come. Time to get out of politics and get back to earning real money again, away from the prying cameras.

By *otMe66Man 16 hours ago

Terra Firma

"Sunak will not resign, he is way too full of himself."

I think he will, if he retained his seat he might be sitting very close to Ed and Farage, talking about irrelevant outcomes.

Not the same as holding the keys to the country is it

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 16 hours ago

in Lancashire

"Sunak will not resign, he is way too full of himself.

I really think he will. His stint has been a failed experiment for him and his family. Too much scrutiny and probably not sufficient legislative change to really benefit him and his for years to come. Time to get out of politics and get back to earning real money again, away from the prying cameras."

Agree that he will resign rather than the inevitable ignominy of being forced out a la Boris..

Whether he resigns as an MP I'm not sure but after what he's tried to do and had to deal with in his party I'm not sure i would blame him for walking fully..

By *ggdrasil66Man 16 hours ago

Saltdean

If he does resign he may well end up in the House of Lords. Methinks he would like a peerage!

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 16 hours ago

Cumbria

[Removed by poster at 03/07/24 13:52:12]

By *irldnCouple 12 hours ago

Brighton

40% of voters?

Well IMO yes we need PR.

However, a significant number of families have their kids in private school around here, so it will interesting to see if that has an impact on the champagne socialists!

I thought the Greens were the ones for Brighton (Pavilion and Kemptown)?"

I only live in Brighton for Fab purposes

By *oxychick35Couple 12 hours ago

thornaby

I really think he will. His stint has been a failed experiment for him and his family. Too much scrutiny and probably not sufficient legislative change to really benefit him and his for years to come. Time to get out of politics and get back to earning real money again, away from the prying cameras.

Agree that he will resign rather than the inevitable ignominy of being forced out a la Boris..

Whether he resigns as an MP I'm not sure but after what he's tried to do and had to deal with in his party I'm not sure i would blame him for walking fully.. "

hope he as a pension poor bugger don’t want him to struggle with heat or eat over the winter

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 11 hours ago

in Lancashire

Whether he resigns as an MP I'm not sure but after what he's tried to do and had to deal with in his party I'm not sure i would blame him for walking fully.. hope he as a pension poor bugger don’t want him to struggle with heat or eat over the winter "

He wasn't struggling before he went into politics, the threads about what he might do politically after tomorrow..

By *oxychick35Couple 11 hours ago

thornaby

Whether he resigns as an MP I'm not sure but after what he's tried to do and had to deal with in his party I'm not sure i would blame him for walking fully.. hope he as a pension poor bugger don’t want him to struggle with heat or eat over the winter

He wasn't struggling before he went into politics, the threads about what he might do politically after tomorrow.."

pmsl calm down fella who ya think ya are forum police ffs lol

By *astandFeistyCouple 11 hours ago

Bournemouth

40% of voters?

Well IMO yes we need PR.

I only live in Brighton for Fab purposes "

Got it.

I now know where you live though

By *irldnCouple 11 hours ago

Brighton

[Removed by poster at 03/07/24 18:59:15]

By *irldnCouple 10 hours ago

Brighton

40% of voters?

Well IMO yes we need PR.

I only live in Brighton for Fab purposes

Got it.

I now know where you live though "

That’s cool. The number of people active in the politics forum is tiny. And at least you’ll know Mrs Feisty will be in a nice neighbourhood when you send her over

By *melie LALWoman 9 hours ago

Peterborough

Absobloodylutely

Peterborough

Somebody has a bee in their bonnet . Told you before read the Equality Act. Or, try to comprehend it.

Peterborough

Actually they're not.

The same Keir Starmer also said men can be women too and you can look that to if you dont believe me.

He didn't. He stumbled on a question once.

I guess if that's enough for you, fair enough. Just seems like a silly reason to tout for not voting Labour. What politician has never stumbled on a question?"

Most politicians answer the question they have prepared the answer for.

By *roadShoulderz OP   Man 8 hours ago

Petersfield

Apparently CCHQ is insisting Sunak sings a resignation song instead of speech. The words go like this:

...all my bags are packed

I'm ready to go

I'm standin' here outside your door

I hate to wake you up to say goodbye

But the dawn is breakin'

It's early morn

The taxi's waitin'

He's blowin' his horn

Already I'm so lonesome

I could die...

» Add a new message to this topic