FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Tax rises of £800 a year coming whoever wins UK election

Tax rises of £800 a year coming whoever wins UK election

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *0shadesOfFilth OP   Man 4 weeks ago

nearby

On top of the highest tax rises since 1948 dished out by economic wizard Rishi Sunaks government

Another £800 is coming says the Resolution Foundation

Labours’s Rachel Reeves says no income tax rises

In other news the claim made by the prime minister that Labour would raise taxes by £2,000 is “misleading”, the shadow business secretary Jonathan Reynolds has said

Somebody telling porkies and conning the electorate ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irldnCouple 4 weeks ago

Brighton

I think tax rises are inevitable whoever gets in. The only difference is who pays those tax rises!

By *oubleswing2019Man 4 weeks ago

Colchester

I don't know why any parties are so worried about tax rises. The whole discussion seems to be "keep it under wraps, don't tell the electorate, they won't vote for us, blah blah blah."

It's infantilising, it really is.

I would sooner a party say, "Here's a list of things and how much they cost per household. We know not everyone will be able to afford their "contribution", but that's ok, there are many mechanisms to juggle finances around and make up shortfalls.

I don't think anyone realistically expects to pay minimal tax, when services need funding.

If you need the private sector to fulfil those services, then fine. But their end of the deal is that there is a margin on what is deemed "acceptable" profit, and "taking the piss". All accounts to be made publicly available, and complete transparency. After all, if my taxes are paying for your enterprise, then I'll be watching you like a hawk, which is fair and equitable.

By *eroy1000Man 4 weeks ago

milton keynes

"On top of the highest tax rises since 1948 dished out by economic wizard Rishi Sunaks government

In other news the claim made by the prime minister that Labour would raise taxes by £2,000 is “misleading”, the shadow business secretary Jonathan Reynolds has said

Somebody telling porkies and conning the electorate ? "

That may well stick to the no income tax rises but their are plenty of taxes they can change to raise money and many people will be affected. Cuts to public services are another danger that she won't rule out.

By *yth11Couple 4 weeks ago

newark

"On top of the highest tax rises since 1948 dished out by economic wizard Rishi Sunaks government

Net zero and staying broadly in line with the EU costs money and means new taxes such as ETS2 which is a carbon tax on transport and heating fuel.

By *AFKA HovisMan 3 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

fiscal drag. They aren't raising tax rates. But they aren't raising one tax bands.

(Other than reform who would raise them massively, which suggests they need to find massive of amounts elsewhere to break even. But at least they are talking about this)

(Oh tbf, the Tories have alluded to it via triple lock plus. They just avoid mentioning every other bugger has to pay more tax because of fiscal drag. And are also creating a hole to fill).

By *idnight RamblerMan 3 weeks ago

Pershore

"I think tax rises are inevitable whoever gets in. The only difference is who pays those tax rises!"

Yes, .... and how sneaky they are. Focus will be on stealth taxes that (they hope) will go under the radar.

» Add a new message to this topic