Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mateur100 OP   Man 17 weeks ago

nr faversham

Claims Mr Putin...is he right?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atEvolutionCouple 17 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

Fog on the channel- Europe defenceless.

Rootin Tootin Putin - he makes me laugh.

Wrestling bears and bare knuckle fighting. Stealing billions and killing his opponents.

He has to say stuff like that co's he thinks it makes him sound 'ard!

nr faversham

"Fog on the channel- Europe defenceless.

Wrestling bears and bare knuckle fighting. Stealing billions and killing his opponents.

"

And yet he's presiding over a successful invasion of Ukraine

By *otMe66Man 17 weeks ago

Terra Firma

He would have that view for sure. Everything he considers weak he sees in Europe, although his view is hopefully an assumption.

nr faversham

Europe relies on NATO which is, in effect, the USA. It's been 47 days since the USA authorised the latest batch of weapons, ammunition etc and it's still not there. Biden has apologised for the delay. It's hardly likely to be giving Mr Putin sleepless nights and will only encourage him

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 17 weeks ago

in Lancashire

And yet he's presiding over a successful invasion of Ukraine "

How has it been a success, they're dragging BMPs from before I was born out of storage..

Yes they took land in the east but the actual invasion was a tactical, strategic disaster..

Killing women and children by deliberately targeting hospitals and train stations plus a rising death and injury rate amongst his own people due to tactics from the last war isn't a sign of a successful modern army which he told the country he would start in 2014..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 17 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Europe relies on NATO which is, in effect, the USA. It's been 47 days since the USA authorised the latest batch of weapons, ammunition etc and it's still not there. Biden has apologised for the delay. It's hardly likely to be giving Mr Putin sleepless nights and will only encourage him"

You think Biden saying that is totally accurate and not part of the smoke and mirrors of such things..?

Or is it just Putin you think speaks with truth?

By *irkby coupleCouple 17 weeks ago

Kirkby

I wouldn’t say defenceless, more there isn’t enough of us to defend it.

Look at the state of the youth today, they don’t know if they are male/female/they/them/it or sheep! Every one has mental health issues and a lot are work shy and think they are owed something.

There would probably still be mass protests all over the place, stop bombing gaza!

Then all the foreigners, if you moved to a country and it went to war, would you stay and fight or go home? I know what I’d do! If I couldn’t go home, I’d move to another safe place.

(I’ve got nothing against anyone, be what you want to be, I wouldn’t rely on them to be beside me on a battlefield)

By *atEvolutionCouple 17 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

Invading Ukraine makes him look like a Dick. Murder is what he is able to do. If he was worth anything on Planet Earth he would be looking for peace not war.

By *eavilMan 17 weeks ago

Stalybridge

Interesting use of the word successful.

Russian Airforce has repeatedly shown how ineffective they are.

Russian Elite Airborne forces easily defeated by security guards at Kharkov airport at start of war.

Black Sea Fleet regularly humiliated and reduced to hiding in port.

Tank force reduced to shadow of former self.

Forced to use hi-tech Surface to Air missiles to bombard shopping centres and schools.

Estimated 300,000 casulaties and still climbing.

If these are measures of success I would hate to see what constitutes failure.

By *ostindreamsMan 17 weeks ago

London

To be honest, he has a point. On one hand, Europe has relied too much on the US for defence. If US says bye, which is very likely to happen, Europe would be caught with pants down.

On the other hand, we have a generation that gets offended by words. I had a colleague telling me that we should stop using words like "lockdown" at work because it's traumatising to the people who were affected by COVID. How do you think they will fare in a war?

Having said that, I don't think Europe has yet reached a state where they would succumb to Putin. The Russian army that's struggling against Ukraine would bite the sand if they try to go on a war against Europe

nr faversham

Russian Elite Airborne forces easily defeated by security guards at Kharkov airport at start of war.

Forced to use hi-tech Surface to Air missiles to bombard shopping centres and schools.

If these are measures of success I would hate to see what constitutes failure."

Ukraine running out of troops and almost out of equipment and ammunition, yet not a successful invasion? I'm glad you're not in charge of our armed forces

By *oncupiscentTonyMan 17 weeks ago

Kent

Putin has to ask Chinese permission first to scratch his own balls, and Jinping doesn't want his export markets depleted

By *an DeLyonMan 17 weeks ago

County Durham

"Claims Mr Putin...is he right?"

In the Iraq war(s) the UK had to borrow tank/artillery shells from Europe. all the hardware but no ammo

By *usybee73Man 17 weeks ago

in the sticks

Europe always has been easy to conquer, think roman, viking, otterman, napoleon and Hitler

If he did invade, would be interesting to see which other countries back him etc

Though nothing will happen till after the us election

By *melie LALWoman 17 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I wouldn’t say defenceless, more there isn’t enough of us to defend it.

Look at the state of the youth today, they don’t know if they are male/female/they/them/it or sheep! Every one has mental health issues and a lot are work shy and think they are owed something.

There would probably still be mass protests all over the place, stop bombing gaza!

Then all the foreigners, if you moved to a country and it went to war, would you stay and fight or go home? I know what I’d do! If I couldn’t go home, I’d move to another safe place.

(I’ve got nothing against anyone, be what you want to be, I wouldn’t rely on them to be beside me on a battlefield)"

Don't worry the tory NS pledge will sort it out

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 17 weeks ago

nearby

If these are measures of success I would hate to see what constitutes failure."

North of $500bn damage to Ukraine

15 million refugees

500 million households with increased energy bills

Bankrupted many energy companies in uk with redundancies

Increased defence spending required by nato countries and others

Mariupol being redeveloped and apartments sold off plan

Food prices have increased

Higher risk of famine in Africa.

Hundreds of billions in military aid, EU loans fir Ukraine

The list of damage is endless.

By *amb_ManMan 17 weeks ago

Peterborough

Yeah, so far the three day operation is going fairly well.

By *weet LisaTV/TS 17 weeks ago

Crawley

There's not much ammunition available. The Americans have planned to turn out two million I think 150mm shells/bullets by roughly the end of next year.

Europe will probably match that but it's still not enough to match what the Russians are producing right now.

Also there's a situation with the weapons systems that have been sent to Ukraine. The Russians know them inside out now and they're able to jam them.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 17 weeks ago

golden fields

"There's not much ammunition available. The Americans have planned to turn out two million I think 150mm shells/bullets by roughly the end of next year.

Europe will probably match that but it's still not enough to match what the Russians are producing right now.

Also there's a situation with the weapons systems that have been sent to Ukraine. The Russians know them inside out now and they're able to jam them.

"

Someone is making some serious wedge from this conflict.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 17 weeks ago

nearby

"There's not much ammunition available. The Americans have planned to turn out two million I think 150mm shells/bullets by roughly the end of next year.

"

70,000 ton of USA bombs was found to make two million people homeless in gaza.

By *weet LisaTV/TS 17 weeks ago

Crawley

70,000 ton of USA bombs was found to make two million people homeless in gaza. "

That's a Turkey shoot though isn't it?

By *an DeLyonMan 17 weeks ago

County Durham

Actually.. Putin is correct.

-Hypersonic missiles

- NATO short of ammo

- American wishy washy financial support

For the time being anyway

By *weet LisaTV/TS 16 weeks ago

Crawley

They've run out of 155mm artillery shells as well as the standard 150mm. They all went to Ukraine.

When they still had 150 mil. shells (the last batch I heard of came from somewhere in S.E. Asia) the Americans told the Ukrainians to only use 2000 per day but they were using 6000. The Russians were using 10,000 and in some areas 20,000 per day.

When the 155's ran out the Americans sent them 1,000,000 cluster bombs.

By *usybee73Man 16 weeks ago

in the sticks

It's going to become a big game of chess.

Russia playing along the European border, Iran testing out Israeli forces... no doubt north Korea will pop its head up, and China looking at Taiwan

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 16 weeks ago

Border of London

Russia has actually (very cleverly) been playing many dimensions of chess:

Sowing internal discord within adversary and competitor states.

Developing offensive infrastructure (electricity/communication) attack capability.

Sabre rattling nuclear deterrence.

Building strategic international partnerships.

Of note is the courting of African and Muslim support (as well as parts of South Asia/South America). This is one major component in the future of global power. Already, we see a shift in support/sympathy from these demographics within Western countries, as well as his ability to recruit fighters from these from outside of Russia.

Putin's dream is Russia being able to activate these demographics within, or outside of, adversaries in the event of war. By painting himself as a champion of those dispossessed by the West, he's powering himself up more than by manufacturing arms.

The argument of Europe being able to defend itself is much deeper than a military one.

By *weet LisaTV/TS 16 weeks ago

Crawley

Correction:155mm shells are listed as being in the latest package going to Ukraine, they're being produced on a monthly basis which is okay if you're producing enough but they aren't so they're sending 105 mil ones with this package, they will need to be modified and this will take time.

All this because they are clean out of standard artillery ammunition.

» Add a new message to this topic