FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Why did sunak leave d day celebrations early

Why did sunak leave d day celebrations early

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *melie LAL OP   Woman 4 weeks ago

Peterborough

Lord Cameron was in his place.

Rumours have it that it was to give itv an interview regarding GE campaigning.

Should he have stayed? Starmer did and he's not PM.

Is it a rebuff for our brave veterans? The youngest in their 90s.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 4 weeks ago

nearby

Another ‘bold’ decision.

A month today he will be out of his job and he knows it.

By *roadShoulderzMan 4 weeks ago

Petersfield

I'm in Normandie atm and from what I'm seeing the big guys are the King and Queen, Macron, Biden, Princess Anne and The Prince of Wales, whilst Sunak, Shapps and Cameron were being ignored. The French are very pragmatic: why bother with guys who will be gone within a month....

And yes Sunak ran off to face the Liar's Paradox interview on ITV. In truth I don't think anyone noticed as Sir Keir Starmer was photographed looking very statesman like against a frightened looking Shapps.

By *idnight RamblerMan 4 weeks ago

Pershore

No idea. You'd think he was Prime Minister or something with other things to do.

By *otMe66Man 4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

D-day anniversary?

What did your local town do to remember the sacrifices people made?

Peterborough

"D-day anniversary?

What did your local town do to remember the sacrifices people made? "

Wouldn't know. And that gives the PM the right to slink away from official celebrations? Should he not represent the country along with the monarch?

Peterborough

Apparently he tweeted an apology 15 minutes ago.

nearby

"Apparently he tweeted an apology 15 minutes ago."

Tweeted. What a clown.

Peterborough

"Apparently he tweeted an apology 15 minutes ago.

Tweeted. What a clown. "

Do we still state tweets?

He X'd it, musked it, eloned it? Enquiring minds

Terra Firma

"D-day anniversary?

Wouldn't know. And that gives the PM the right to slink away from official celebrations? Should he not represent the country along with the monarch?"

Double standards again, we want to pick on a PM for leaving 15 mins early and nobody even bothered to get a flag out here?

By *astandFeistyCouple 4 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"D-day anniversary?

Wouldn't know. And that gives the PM the right to slink away from official celebrations? Should he not represent the country along with the monarch?

Double standards again, we want to pick on a PM for leaving 15 mins early and nobody even bothered to get a flag out here?

"

Are you surprised?

Terra Firma

"D-day anniversary?

Are you surprised?"

No

Bournemouth

"D-day anniversary?

Are you surprised?

No "

The same people berating Sunak defended Starmer when he removed his poppy. Its just the way of the world I'm afraid.

Peterborough

"D-day anniversary?

"

Double standards? Really? Tell you what, let's all party during the next lockdown!

Peterborough

"D-day anniversary?

Are you surprised?

No

The same people berating Sunak defended Starmer when he removed his poppy. Its just the way of the world I'm afraid. "

Are they? Who are "they"?

By *atEvolutionCouple 4 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"

The same people berating Sunak defended Starmer when he removed his poppy. Its just the way of the world I'm afraid. "

He removed his Poppy? I missed that! I hope he apologised for removing his Poppy? I bet he didn't - What is the world coming to!!!! Just shows what a PM he's going to make.

Terra Firma

"D-day anniversary?

Double standards? Really? Tell you what, let's all party during the next lockdown! "

Now let’s talk about the issue you brought to the op, Sunak leaving 15 minutes early, and you not knowing if they conducted a memorial service or waved a flag in your local town.

Can you see what I mean or not?

Peterborough

"D-day anniversary?

Double standards? Really? Tell you what, let's all party during the next lockdown!

Now let’s talk about the issue you brought to the op, Sunak leaving 15 minutes early, and you not knowing if they conducted a memorial service or waved a flag in your local town.

Can you see what I mean or not? "

I asked questions someone might be able to answer.

Could you answer questions about my nearest town or city? Would you want to? Not really an engaging subject.

And 15 minutes?

Bournemouth

"

The same people berating Sunak defended Starmer when he removed his poppy. Its just the way of the world I'm afraid.

He removed his Poppy? I missed that! I hope he apologised for removing his Poppy? I bet he didn't - What is the world coming to!!!! Just shows what a PM he's going to make. "

I'm not arsed about him removing his poppy. Just as I'm not arsed about Sunak leaving early

Terra Firma

"D-day anniversary?

Can you see what I mean or not?

I asked questions someone might be able to answer.

Could you answer questions about my nearest town or city? Would you want to? Not really an engaging subject.

And 15 minutes?"

The MP’s not answering questions you raise that a lot too.

What was the loaded question you asked again?

15 Minutes !!! FFS

'Help! We are stuck in the quicksand of the Minutiae of Everything'

Bournemouth

"D-day anniversary?

Are you surprised?

No

Are they? Who are "they"?"

What game are you trying to play here?

"

He removed his Poppy? I missed that! I hope he apologised for removing his Poppy? I bet he didn't - What is the world coming to!!!! Just shows what a PM he's going to make.

I'm not arsed about him removing his poppy. Just as I'm not arsed about Sunak leaving early "

Iknow. That was my point lol. See above. my last post lmao

By *idnight RamblerMan 4 weeks ago

Pershore

"

I'm not arsed about him removing his poppy. Just as I'm not arsed about Sunak leaving early "

What? You're not offended? Not even a bit?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 4 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"D-day anniversary?

What did your local town do to remember the sacrifices people made? "

Our little village has the main memorial in one of the churches but there's another one at which a small ceremony took place..

So although I've visited the main cemeteries in Normandy and Pegasus bridge I didn't attend yesterday..

Am I allowed an opinion on Sunak yesterday?

Terra Firma

"D-day anniversary?

Our little village has the main memorial in one of the churches but there's another one at which a small ceremony took place..

So although I've visited the main cemeteries in Normandy and Pegasus bridge I didn't attend yesterday..

"

Why not everyone else seems to, but for balance can you also give an opinion on people not knowing if their local town had memorials

Peterborough

"D-day anniversary?

Are you surprised?

No

What game are you trying to play here?"

I want to know who are the same people. Is it the same people who think you have to be a tory if you voted for Brexit?

If it was just a flippant comment or should have added a probably, state that.

Peterborough

"D-day anniversary?

"

Yes

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 4 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Its only media that insinuates anybody should give a shit that he left early. You have to ask yourselves why that is.

in Lancashire

"D-day anniversary?

Why not everyone else seems to, but for balance can you also give an opinion on people not knowing if their local town had memorials "

Thank you, as you seem to have self appointed as some sort of thread arbiter I thought I would check with you..

I think it was a mistake, given his position but he's apologised etc however it's just another one so far in his campaign and some will judge him more harshly as others will excuse him not being there..

I'll ignore your question because it's irrelevant unless of course your saying that only those who know where their memorial is may comment?

Your not seriously suggesting that as a prerequisite are you?

Peterborough

"D-day anniversary?

Why not everyone else seems to, but for balance can you also give an opinion on people not knowing if their local town had memorials "

Explain why you think that's balance.

I note you don't say where you got the 15 minutes from. I've done a quick search and cannot find it. I would have thought 15 minutes early is worthy of being defended.

By *verysmileMan 4 weeks ago

CANTERBURY

I have no confidence in any of the options.

In my view, the election is a race to the bottom.

After this, Sunak is already there.

"Its only media that insinuates anybody should give a shit that he left early. You have to ask yourselves why that is."

Precisely

Again . . .

'Help! We are drowning in the quicksand of the Minutiae of Everything'

Peterborough

"I have no confidence in any of the options.

After this, Sunak is already there."

After this? But but but do you know what your parish, town or anyone did for the event? Apparently it's comparable to the Prime Minister not staying the course

in Lancashire

"D-day anniversary?

Yes"

Terra Firma

"D-day anniversary?

Why not everyone else seems to, but for balance can you also give an opinion on people not knowing if their local town had memorials

I note you don't say where you got the 15 minutes from. I've done a quick search and cannot find it. I would have thought 15 minutes early is worthy of being defended."

I misread your 2nd post saying he tweeted an apology 15 minutes ago. I hope that clears up any confusion.

I’m still curious to know if you find double standards in people lambasting Sunak for leaving early, if those people didn’t know if memorials were happening in their own towns.

By *verysmileMan 4 weeks ago

CANTERBURY

After this? But but but do you know what your parish, town or anyone did for the event? Apparently it's comparable to the Prime Minister not staying the course "

Our event was solemn, meaningful and moving, culminatingin the lighting of a symbolic beacon.

It commemorated the sacrifice of so many for world freedom.

....and yep, he didn't hang around in the cause of his partisan electioneering.

A very sad indictment.

Peterborough

"D-day anniversary?

I note you don't say where you got the 15 minutes from. I've done a quick search and cannot find it. I would have thought 15 minutes early is worthy of being defended.

I misread your 2nd post saying he tweeted an apology 15 minutes ago. I hope that clears up any confusion.

I’m still curious to know if you find double standards in people lambasting Sunak for leaving early, if those people didn’t know if memorials were happening in their own towns.

"

and others believed your error.

Have I not inferred I don't see double standards? Cos I do not!

Terra Firma

"D-day anniversary?

and others believed your error.

Have I not inferred I don't see double standards? Cos I do not!"

Perfect thank you

Peterborough

After this? But but but do you know what your parish, town or anyone did for the event? Apparently it's comparable to the Prime Minister not staying the course

Our event was solemn, meaningful and moving, culminatingin the lighting of a symbolic beacon.

A very sad indictment. "

And extremely likely the last largest milestone anniversary to be attended by survivors.

in Lancashire

A very sad indictment.

And extremely likely the last largest milestone anniversary to be attended by survivors."

I think in relation to our own he did his duty as PM at the service in the morning but the International event was equally important given the veterans from our allies were present there..

Bournemouth

"D-day anniversary?

Are you surprised?

No

I want to know who are the same people. Is it the same people who think you have to be a tory if you voted for Brexit?

If it was just a flippant comment or should have added a probably, state that."

Who are these people who think you have to be a Tory if you voted in favour of Brexit?

[Removed by poster at 07/06/24 10:05:15]

By *FSEstainingCouple 4 weeks ago

Dartford

Disagree, shows his judgment is atrocious - a quality essential for leader of this country. He is just as bad as captain flip flop Starmer.

By *FSEstainingCouple 4 weeks ago

Dartford

Posted on X, akin to posted on fab, or posted on Facebook etc.

By *AFKA HovisMan 4 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I don't have a strong moral view on this, but it feels like a terrible judgement call to have made.

This was always going to blow up.

My thinking is a) why did he go at all and b) does that answer then stack up against leaving early ?

Bournemouth

"I don't have a strong moral view on this, but it feels like a terrible judgement call to have made.

My thinking is a) why did he go at all and b) does that answer then stack up against leaving early ? "

This is kind of easy to answer.

Ever been to funeral to pay your respects but not necessarily stayed for the wake?

I have always said: 'Love your Country, Support your Military'

But I didn't see anything yesterday because I was hosting film and cast on the set of a Werewolf Film the whole day.

Having said that, I don't suppose the Film is as important as running a country.

Bad Cat.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"I don't have a strong moral view on this, but it feels like a terrible judgement call to have made.

My thinking is a) why did he go at all and b) does that answer then stack up against leaving early ?

Ever been to funeral to pay your respects but not necessarily stayed for the wake?"

didn't he leave during the funeral tho?

If not, at which point did the funeral end, respect has been paid, and therefore it was okay to leave.

Bournemouth

Ever been to funeral to pay your respects but not necessarily stayed for the wake?didn't he leave during the funeral tho?

If not, at which point did the funeral end, respect has been paid, and therefore it was okay to leave. "

From what I understand he left after the service but before leaders gathered on the beach.

I could have the info wrong though.

nearby

What Sunak is missing is his presence is there to represent the UK

He is so so out of touch.

in Lancashire

Ever been to funeral to pay your respects but not necessarily stayed for the wake?"

He has a duty to be there for the veterans of the Allies, and to commemorate their own fallen..

They all have separate events then come together, it looked 'odd' that he wasn't there and he's rightly apologised but it's an own goal for him personally which wasn't necessary..

I wonder what Lord Cameron was doing? Well. If he wasn't representing? Maybe he was just photo-bombing?

Peterborough

"D-day anniversary?

Are you surprised?

No

Who are these people who think you have to be a Tory if you voted in favour of Brexit?"

Touché, however I can respond without naming names - members of this subforum

nearby

" it feels like a terrible judgement call to have made.

"

Exactly this.

He would not be PM, have his kids at UK private schools, or his wife enjoy eight years of non dom tax privileges for those sacrificed that he was there to pay our respects to, as our UK Prime minister

He is a disgrace.

Peterborough

"Disagree, shows his judgment is atrocious - a quality essential for leader of this country. He is just as bad as captain flip flop Starmer. "

We don't know yet if Starmer will have atrocious judgement as PM

Bournemouth

Ever been to funeral to pay your respects but not necessarily stayed for the wake?

He has a duty to be there for the veterans of the Allies, and to commemorate their own fallen..

They all have separate events then come together, it looked 'odd' that he wasn't there and he's rightly apologised but it's an own goal for him personally which wasn't necessary.."

It may have looked 'odd' and may have been an 'own goal'.

I was merely answering the question posed.

BTW, the UK had more than enough representation. Rishi Sunak isn't even an MP anymore.

Bournemouth

"D-day anniversary?

Are you surprised?

No

Who are these people who think you have to be a Tory if you voted in favour of Brexit?

Touché, however I can respond without naming names - members of this subforum "

It's the same answer

Peterborough

"D-day anniversary?

Are you surprised?

No

Touché, however I can respond without naming names - members of this subforum

It's the same answer "

Glad to have helped you out

Peterborough

They all have separate events then come together, it looked 'odd' that he wasn't there and he's rightly apologised but it's an own goal for him personally which wasn't necessary..

BTW, the UK had more than enough representation. Rishi Sunak isn't even an MP anymore. "

Hair splitting?

He is still the PM for now.

in Lancashire

BTW, the UK had more than enough representation. Rishi Sunak isn't even an MP anymore. "

Nor is Cameron but Sunak is effectively still the PM till a new one is or isn't appointed..

The duty of the position comes with such things as yesterday which are above party and whoever didn't say rishi this is not a good idea or himself is at fault..

His own front and back benchers albeit till 4th July who served will be disappointed, in my opinion..

Bournemouth

BTW, the UK had more than enough representation. Rishi Sunak isn't even an MP anymore.

Hair splitting?

He is still the PM for now."

I love to split hairs. You missed the important part of my post though

Bournemouth

Nor is Cameron but Sunak is effectively still the PM till a new one is or isn't appointed..

The duty of the position comes with such things as yesterday which are above party and whoever didn't say rishi this is not a good idea or himself is at fault..

His own front and back benchers albeit till 4th July who served will be disappointed, in my opinion.."

As I already stated, there was plenty of representation.

No one is sticking up for Sunak but all in all this is just something else to bash him with.

By *ugby 123Couple 4 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

"

I don't see how that is relevant as they are not the person who runs our Country. A PM is supposed to represent us on the World stage.

I don't have a strong view on this but I am going towards he may have made a wrong decision going by the comments about it and the fact he has apologised.

However an apology because the public didn't like what you did is more a damage limitation thing more than a sincere apology to me.

(I have just read that he wasn't planning on going at all but compromised and said he will go for a short while but I am not sure how true it is.)

Terra Firma

"

I don't see how that is relevant as they are not the person who runs our Country. A PM is supposed to represent us on the World stage.

I don't have a strong view on this but I am going towards he may have made a wrong decision going by the comments about it and the fact he has apologised.

However an apology because the public didn't like what you did is more a damage limitation thing more than a sincere apology to me.

(I have just read that he wasn't planning on going at all but compromised and said he will go for a short while but I am not sure how true it is.)"

The relevance is in how uninterested people were / are in the D-Day ceremonies in their local areas, not even knowing if there was one in some cases.

Yet they are happy to use the same occasion as a tool to question the integrity of the PM who left the ceremony in France early.

Petersfield

Sunak as PM is a national disgrace when seeing all the effort thousands of people have made to commemorate D-Day on the beaches of Normandie for the few remaining veterans.

He has apologised but snubbing so many who have worked tirelessly for the few is pretty unforgiveable in my view.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

(I have just read that he wasn't planning on going at all but compromised and said he will go for a short while but I am not sure how true it is.)

The relevance is in how uninterested people were / are in the D-Day ceremonies in their local areas, not even knowing if there was one in some cases.

Yet they are happy to use the same occasion as a tool to question the integrity of the PM who left the ceremony in France early. "

Still not relevant to me for the reasons in my first two sentances

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Either way the thread is going a totally different way in a whataboutery way...so lets get back to the OP please

Ta

By *an DeLyonMan 4 weeks ago

County Durham

"Lord Cameron was in his place.

Is it a rebuff for our brave veterans? The youngest in their 90s."

It should have been ALL about the veterans! There shouldn't have politicised it with politicians or tried to score points.

As far as I'm concerned they could all fuck off!

Btw.. why!... After all this time Marcron decides to award a British woman 100yo? With the croix de guerre now??

Why couldn't de Gaul have done that after 1945?

The politicians spoilt the commemoration! .. wankers!

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Ever been to funeral to pay your respects but not necessarily stayed for the wake?didn't he leave during the funeral tho?

If not, at which point did the funeral end, respect has been paid, and therefore it was okay to leave.

From what I understand he left after the service but before leaders gathered on the beach.

I could have the info wrong though. "

I've not looked at the detail either. It's not a big deal for me in itself, other than showing he has a lack of foresight of how it would look.

If it was a natural break like this, I'd be more sympathetic to this just being poor judgement than something more insincere.

Peterborough

Hair splitting?

He is still the PM for now.

I love to split hairs. You missed the important part of my post though "

There was an important part?

nearby

“”This was the last time ever there’ll be a gathering of veterans on parade in Normandy, and if he’s not prepared to go to the international commemoration with the heads of so many different countries, overlooking a beach [on] which our American allies lost thousands of men, that says a lot about him””

Nigel Farage.

By *abioMan 4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

It should have been ALL about the veterans! There shouldn't have politicised it with politicians or tried to score points.

Btw.. why!... After all this time Marcron decides to award a British woman 100yo? With the croix de guerre now??

"

Because it was a decision made by a French president about 20 years ago I think to honour every person who took part in the crossings on the 6th June 1944

And they are still going down the lists trying to find people…. So if you know of people who have not been awarded it yet, contact the royal British legion

So yes … yesterday is all about the veterans.. I shed more than a few tears watching the ceremonies.. the British ones, the Canadian ones and the American ones

For our prime minister only to attend the early ones and skip the late ones was a bad call… to skip them for election interviews is a lot worse!

I decided to stay off here yesterday and not talk politics and honour the vets yesterday, some things are just bigger for me

By *ortyairCouple 4 weeks ago

Wallasey

Because it was a decision made by a French president about 20 years ago I think to honour every person who took part in the crossings on the 6th June 1944

And they are still going down the lists trying to find people…. So if you know of people who have not been awarded it yet, contact the royal British legion

So yes … yesterday is all about the veterans.. I shed more than a few tears watching the ceremonies.. the British ones, the Canadian ones and the American ones

For our prime minister only to attend the early ones and skip the late ones was a bad call… to skip them for election interviews is a lot worse!

I decided to stay off here yesterday and not talk politics and honour the vets yesterday, some things are just bigger for me"

Well said, I'm tearing up abit now. It's just a total lack of respect for ours and our allies fallen.

Mrs x

Wallasey

"“”This was the last time ever there’ll be a gathering of veterans on parade in Normandy, and if he’s not prepared to go to the international commemoration with the heads of so many different countries, overlooking a beach [on] which our American allies lost thousands of men, that says a lot about him””

Nigel Farage. "

Despise Farage but he is spot on here.

Mrs x

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 4 weeks ago

Cumbria

Apparently Sunak’s lack of respect is cutting through, the polls will reflect it.

Even the most slavishly devoted lickspittles are struggling to spin this.

By *ostindreamsMan 4 weeks ago

London

Massive own goal by Sunak here. Amidst all the allegations that the conservatives are conservative only in name, he decides to do this. There is no way he is going to get out of this

By *oulderingBearMan 4 weeks ago

Falme

"“”This was the last time ever there’ll be a gathering of veterans on parade in Normandy, and if he’s not prepared to go to the international commemoration with the heads of so many different countries, overlooking a beach [on] which our American allies lost thousands of men, that says a lot about him””

Nigel Farage. Despise Farage but he is spot on here.

Mrs x"

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 4 weeks ago

Central

He obviously thought it wasn't as important as him being on ITV . He could have learned a lot from the veterans there about serving their country and people. Wasted on him

Cumbria

The question now stands s whether Penny Mordaunt throws little Rishi under a bus tonight, or does she try to defend the indefensible?

By *wosmilersCouple 4 weeks ago

Heathrowish

"The question now stands s whether Penny Mordaunt throws little Rishi under a bus tonight, or does she try to defend the indefensible?"

I can see it now:

"He has admitted it was an error"

Cumbria

"The question now stands s whether Penny Mordaunt throws little Rishi under a bus tonight, or does she try to defend the indefensible?

I can see it now:

"He has admitted it was an error""

Gotta question the judgement of a man who puts an interview with ITV ahead of honouring the sacrifice of the people who fought and died while bravely fighting the Nazis.

By *ools and the brainCouple 4 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

I'm very sceptical about this whole situation.

Tories realise that they have fucked up and have zero leadership ( how many PM's in last 5 years?)

They want off the sinking ship so they can point the finger at Labour when they try to pick up the pieces,so they call a snap election then proceed to commit political suicide to almost guarantee that they won't get another term.

Or am I overthinking it and he's just an arsehole ?

Cumbria

"I'm very sceptical about this whole situation.

Tories realise that they have fucked up and have zero leadership ( how many PM's in last 5 years?)

They want off the sinking ship so they can point the finger at Labour when they try to pick up the pieces,so they call a snap election then proceed to commit political suicide to almost guarantee that they won't get another term.

Or am I overthinking it and he's just an arsehole ?"

You’re overthinking it, I don’t think Sunak’s ego would allow him to deliberately throw the election. The people behind him however…

By *irldnCouple 4 weeks ago

Brighton

Sunak and his team are absolutely useless! How many cock ups and errors of judgement will we see?

By *oncupiscentTonyMan 4 weeks ago

Kent

Venerating war veterans while rubbing shoulders with Biden Schultz and Macron on the world stage would have given his stuttering campaign a shot in the arm, instead he's turned a PR windfall into another gaff. Whether you think it's a story or faux outrage it shows a massive error in judgement, the apology compounds the error and keeps it rolling into the weekend

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Apparently it was for an interview that is to be shown next week ?

If true, that's even poorer judgement imo.

He also given labour some fantastic ammo (excuse the pun) for when he brings up national service for 18yo, or defence spending comparisons.

Petersfield

"Apparently Sunak’s lack of respect is cutting through, the polls will reflect it.

Even the most slavishly devoted lickspittles are struggling to spin this."

Has any British Prime Minister in history ever let us down so badly on the world stage?

FFS American, Canadian and other soldiers gave their lives to save Britian and the guy couldn't even be bothered to pay his respects to them at a brief event the world was watching.

He cannot ever be our PM again.

By *allguynowMan 4 weeks ago

durham

Just shows how incompetent the tories are. Sunak maybe prime minster but his useless, incompetent team have badly advised him here. Like the interview in the rain. This is why the country is in such a state. Years of austerity, Cameron, brexit, Boris, truss, sunak. All tory cock ups. They have literally ruined the country.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 4 weeks ago

Border of London

In the large scheme of things, it's irrelevant.

From an optics perspective, it's pretty stupid.

During an election campaign, it's brainless.

in Lancashire

"The question now stands s whether Penny Mordaunt throws little Rishi under a bus tonight, or does she try to defend the indefensible?"

I think she'll face it out, she's served albeit in the reserves and for her it's about protecting her own majority and a possible bid to be the leader..

Rayner should stand back ish and let Farage tear into Sunak but rayners a bit of a mouth so it might be competition as to who wants to make the most capital..

Bournemouth

"The question now stands s whether Penny Mordaunt throws little Rishi under a bus tonight, or does she try to defend the indefensible?

I think she'll face it out, she's served albeit in the reserves and for her it's about protecting her own majority and a possible bid to be the leader..

Rayner should stand back ish and let Farage tear into Sunak but rayners a bit of a mouth so it might be competition as to who wants to make the most capital..

"

Weirdly, Rayner should be on the same side as Farage tonight but I don't think she has it within her.

in Lancashire

Weirdly, Rayner should be on the same side as Farage tonight but I don't think she has it within her. "

I know, it's a bit of a paradox and maybe a step too far for her..

Mourdant isn't a shrinking violet either, it might be an interesting watch ..

Brighton

Weirdly, Rayner should be on the same side as Farage tonight but I don't think she has it within her. "

They should have a Pile On

in Lancashire

Weirdly, Rayner should be on the same side as Farage tonight but I don't think she has it within her.

They should have a Pile On "

I predict a lot of shouting

Bournemouth

They probably will try. But you told us previously that 2 people doesn't constitute a pile on

Cumbria

"Apparently Sunak’s lack of respect is cutting through, the polls will reflect it.

Has any British Prime Minister in history ever let us down so badly on the world stage?

"

Neville Chamberlain, another useless Tory.

Bournemouth

I know, it's a bit of a paradox and maybe a step too far for her..

Mourdant isn't a shrinking violet either, it might be an interesting watch .."

It will hopefully be a good watch. It'll have to be catch up as the dickheads at ITV have put it in at the same time as the football.

Wallasey

"Apparently it was for an interview that is to be shown next week ?

He also given labour some fantastic ammo (excuse the pun) for when he brings up national service for 18yo, or defence spending comparisons. "

Not even that but Sunak and his team offered this interview, the date and the time to the broadcaster.

It was their choice, not the broadcaster and they knew that they were 'double booked' as it were.

You couldn't make this up.

Mrs x

Cumbria

He also given labour some fantastic ammo (excuse the pun) for when he brings up national service for 18yo, or defence spending comparisons. Not even that but Sunak and his team offered this interview, the date and the time to the broadcaster.

It was their choice, not the broadcaster and they knew that they were 'double booked' as it were.

Mrs x"

Imagine having to defend this? Not even Johnny Mercer is willing to debase himself to defend Sunak!

By *ools and the brainCouple 4 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Neville Chamberlain, another useless Tory."

Thatcher!

Although she had something no other Prime minister has had since.... Balls big brass one's.

Wallasey

He also given labour some fantastic ammo (excuse the pun) for when he brings up national service for 18yo, or defence spending comparisons. Not even that but Sunak and his team offered this interview, the date and the time to the broadcaster.

Mrs x

Imagine having to defend this? Not even Johnny Mercer is willing to debase himself to defend Sunak!"

The broadcaster doing the interview, think it might have been ITV, put out a statement when asked about the timing of the interview. They said they'd been trying to arrange something for a while as they wanted to interview all the different heads of the parties but had not recieved a response.

Then Sunaks team reached out with the date and the time of the interview and that's why it took place when it did.

Seems like those conducting the interview want to distance themselves from any claims that they knew this would clash with the D Day memorial service.

Mrs x

Peterborough

I decided to stay off here yesterday and not talk politics and honour the vets yesterday, some things are just bigger for me"

When it came up on the news last night, they were questioning whether Sunak had an emergency calling him home.

Peterborough

"Venerating war veterans while rubbing shoulders with Biden Schultz and Macron on the world stage would have given his stuttering campaign a shot in the arm, instead he's turned a PR windfall into another gaff. Whether you think it's a story or faux outrage it shows a massive error in judgement, the apology compounds the error and keeps it rolling into the weekend "

It would have been wrong not to apologise. If the media displayed the tweet in its entirety, it seems a knee jerk genuine response. Whereas his later talk was trying to cover his arse, 'well I did attend xyz'.

Peterborough

FFS American, Canadian and other soldiers gave their lives to save Britian and the guy couldn't even be bothered to pay his respects to them at a brief event the world was watching.

He cannot ever be our PM again. "

Save Britain?

Peterborough

Mud wrestling would be fun, clattering over each other to get the mic.

Peterborough

It starts (not the mud wrestling)- 4 women, 3 men...

And they're

Off

By *exguru_xxxMan 4 weeks ago

London

Russia, which did more than any other party to defeat Nazism, denied presence at D-Day commemoration. While fascist Zelensky is guest of honour

Peterborough

Farage wangled the departure in his response and Penny agrees it was wrong.

Peterborough

"Russia, which did more than any other party to defeat Nazism, denied presence at D-Day commemoration. While fascist Zelensky is guest of honour "

I believe Russia lost the most soldiers in wwII. But why did they change tact, after-all they wanted to carve up poland with the Nazis (if I'm remembering my o-level correctly ).

By *abioMan 4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Russia, which did more than any other party to defeat Nazism, denied presence at D-Day commemoration. While fascist Zelensky is guest of honour "

Here is a radical thought… maybe, just maybe… if Russia had not invaded Ukraine… Putin may have been invited

By *abioMan 4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Russia, which did more than any other party to defeat Nazism, denied presence at D-Day commemoration. While fascist Zelensky is guest of honour

I believe Russia lost the most soldiers in wwII. But why did they change tact, after-all they wanted to carve up poland with the Nazis (if I'm remembering my o-level correctly )."

Basically hitlers worst mistake of the war was to attack Russia after they had signed a nonaggression pact

London

You need to look up definition of fascism before calling random people fascists

Peterborough

"Russia, which did more than any other party to defeat Nazism, denied presence at D-Day commemoration. While fascist Zelensky is guest of honour

I believe Russia lost the most soldiers in wwII. But why did they change tact, after-all they wanted to carve up poland with the Nazis (if I'm remembering my o-level correctly ).

Basically hitlers worst mistake of the war was to attack Russia after they had signed a nonaggression pact "

London

Mrs x"

Looks like it's not just him but his entire team is completely out of touch with people. My guess is that they hired people who crack numbers all the time, instead of people who are good at understanding human sentiments. Given his finance background, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

were they at dday ?

Probably in bad taste to invite those starting wars when remembering those who died in them.

Falme

Neville Chamberlain, another useless Tory."

Is it ironic thats the useless PM who didn't recognise the threat Hitler posed and the current one can't give the time of day to those who stopped him??

Falme

Basically hitlers worst mistake of the war was to attack Russia after they had signed a nonaggression pact

"

You’ve fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well known is this; never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!

Peterborough

You’ve fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well known is this; never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"

Huh?

Falme

"Russia, which did more than any other party to defeat Nazism, denied presence at D-Day commemoration. While fascist Zelensky is guest of honour were they at dday ?

Probably in bad taste to invite those starting wars when remembering those who died in them. "

Also with the ICC arrest warrants out on Putin even if Russia had been somehow involved with OP Neptune I doubt he would have attended anyway.

As far as I remember and can quickly research there was involved from the Polish and Czechoslovakia forces but since this before their absorption/liberation/acquisition by the USSR there isn't any solid claim Russia/SU had any involvement with D Day. You might be able to make the argument about them distracting along an Eastern front but remember the conflict was also in Africa and Asia so the Nazi would have been stretched anyway and the Western Front was actually well manned and supplied (thought suffering the effects of the Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare).

Falme

You’ve fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well known is this; never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!

Huh?"

Watch the Princess Bride.

But slightly apt as the fighting in Italy and the immediate threat it posed was much better distraction and resource sapping front than the Western Russia. The western front was for away but the threat of the Allies actually making significant stronghold position in Italy was considered the greater issue than any "inconceivable" (again Princess Bride) attempt from the Brits to push back across the channel

Peterborough

Huh?

But slightly apt as the fighting in Italy and the immediate threat it posed was much better distraction and resource sapping front than the Western Russia. The western front was for away but the threat of the Allies actually making significant stronghold position in Italy was considered the greater issue than any "inconceivable" (again Princess Bride) attempt from the Brits to push back across the channel"

The huh - wtf was the classic blunder?

Not discussing Mussolini/Italy.

By *mateur100Man 4 weeks ago

nr faversham

Is it a rebuff for our brave veterans? The youngest in their 90s."

Disgraceful and disgusting

nearby

Alternative headline : Man who wants to bring back National Service unable to complete one afternoon of it.

(Comment copied from bbc article)

By *abioMan 4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I have a theory… I am not the only one to suggest it… but it’s the most plausible thing I can come up with

I think the reason he left early was that in the midst of an election someone suggested that he not be seen with European leaders as they thought it would help with his Brexit isolationist credentials…..

After all.. went to Portsmouth, went to the British ceremonies…. Skipped the others and the international meetings

By *umbrian85Man 4 weeks ago

Cumbria

"I have a theory… I am not the only one to suggest it… but it’s the most plausible thing I can come up with

I think the reason he left early was that in the midst of an election someone suggested that he not be seen with European leaders as they thought it would help with his Brexit isolationist credentials…..

After all.. went to Portsmouth, went to the British ceremonies…. Skipped the others and the international meetings "

I heard that theory on the radio earlier not sure it's gone well.

Falme

Huh?

But slightly apt as the fighting in Italy and the immediate threat it posed was much better distraction and resource sapping front than the Western Russia. The western front was for away but the threat of the Allies actually making significant stronghold position in Italy was considered the greater issue than any "inconceivable" (again Princess Bride) attempt from the Brits to push back across the channel

Not discussing Mussolini/Italy."

It's a very famous quote from a film called The Princess Bride.

My further rambling was that yes the Western Front was an avoidable conflict but the threat coming up from South Italy was far to great to ignore and mistakes were made as they were so focused on it and the fighting there was so ferocious they really did believe that victory there would mean total uncontested dominance in Europe.

Petersfield

"I have a theory… I am not the only one to suggest it… but it’s the most plausible thing I can come up with

After all.. went to Portsmouth, went to the British ceremonies…. Skipped the others and the international meetings "

Could be but then why be seen in France at all? And missing a photo op with Biden and Trudeau those well known European Leaders?

Sunak fucked up big time. Unforgiveable. He is making Lettuce Liz Truss look competent!

By *rand Central CoupleCouple 4 weeks ago

Glasgow

Homeless or crap housing

low paid work

prisons

drug addicts

alcoholics

that’s how you find most veterans and the government and the rest of society don’t REALLY care.

Stop pretending you do just to make yourself feel better.

By *uthLessKnickersCouple 4 weeks ago

Cornwall/Devon

Sunak is a disgrace! Such a disrespectful thing to do. This morning I am ashamed of being British.

By *allySlinkyWoman 4 weeks ago

Leeds

"Alternative headline : Man who wants to bring back National Service unable to complete one afternoon of it.

(Comment copied from bbc article) "

Vert true

By *os19Man 4 weeks ago

Edmonton

If it was a close contest as to who would be PM then whoever planed Rishi Sunak day / diary for the D Day Anniversary has cost him the contest but as it’s not a close contest I guess it doesn’t matter.What does matter is it shows a complete lack of respect by our PM and understanding of the D Day Anniversary and what they mean especially to the veterans that took part and are still alive and able to tell the stories.

By *ost SockMan 4 weeks ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I’m not the best person to comment, as I’m no fan of the Tories and hate this iteration of them.

I’m almost going to defend Sunak a tiny bit. He clearly has a brain for money making and can handle macro-economics. Whatever the merits of furlough, it was a huge undertaking to implement.

Prime Minister involves much more than just economics though. I genuinely think he has no concept of the world or interest in it, beyond the financial.

I do know someone like that. Phenomenally wealthy, and a genius with money, but outside of that, pretty much an empty vessel.

Don’t forgot - Sunak is the guy who asked a guy in a homeless refuge if he had a business. Utterly clueless.

By *arren the doggerMan 4 weeks ago

willenhall

Cos he ain't British and he don't give a sh1t about our history or war veterans !!

Leeds

Lost Sock - why does Sunak being good at macro economics explain why he left the D Day commemoration early ?

Leeds

"Cos he ain't British "

Of course he's British.

What are your thoughts on Boris Johnson who was born in New York ?

Cumbria

"Cos he ain't British and he don't give a sh1t about our history or war veterans !!"

He was born in Southampton, what makes you say he isn’t British?

nearby

In 4 weeks he will receive £115,000 plus RPI life pension

His wife’s had eight years out of the non dom until public option forced her to drop it when he became PM

His wife’s company had a shedload from furlough until she bankrupted it later and it owed HMRC hundred thousands in unpaid tax

If Uk “is the best place to do business” like he says why is the £4bn family fortune not based in UK

By *os19Man 4 weeks ago

Edmonton

"Cos he ain't British and he don't give a sh1t about our history or war veterans !!"
. He was born in the UK , went to school in the UK , has a UK National Insurance Number so has probably paid some income taxes on his earnings.Sadly like myself and millions of others we find it hard to be accepted as British because we don’t have British sounding names

West Wales and Cardiff

"Lost Sock - why does Sunak being good at macro economics explain why he left the D Day commemoration early ?"

Sorry, I probably didn’t word it very well, Sally.

I don’t think it explains it. I just sense he’s someone who understands money, but is clueless about the world outside of that. Particularly human interactions and the lives of the average person.

Just to clarify another point - “understanding” economics and money and making the right decisions about them in the interests of the country are two very different things.

Cumbria

"Lost Sock - why does Sunak being good at macro economics explain why he left the D Day commemoration early ?

I don’t think it explains it. I just sense he’s someone who understands money, but is clueless about the world outside of that. Particularly human interactions and the lives of the average person.

Just to clarify another point - “understanding” economics and money and making the right decisions about them in the interests of the country are two very different things."

There are studies out there about the richer a person is, the less empathy they display.

Wallasey

"Lost Sock - why does Sunak being good at macro economics explain why he left the D Day commemoration early ?

Just to clarify another point - “understanding” economics and money and making the right decisions about them in the interests of the country are two very different things.

There are studies out there about the richer a person is, the less empathy they display."

Sure I read, or heard, that lots of high powered, wealthy individuals have psychopathic traits. Not horror traits, just lack of empathy, sympathy, they are able to put on a 'mask' to suit social norms but they don't really agree with, or understand them.

It's what allows them to make really difficult decisions that may have a negative impact on others but benefits the current project they are working on. Think Channel 4 did an evening on it a few years ago.

Mrs x

Cumbria

There are studies out there about the richer a person is, the less empathy they display.Sure I read, or heard, that lots of high powered, wealthy individuals have psychopathic traits. Not horror traits, just lack of empathy, sympathy, they are able to put on a 'mask' to suit social norms but they don't really agree with, or understand them.

It's what allows them to make really difficult decisions that may have a negative impact on others but benefits the current project they are working on. Think Channel 4 did an evening on it a few years ago.

Mrs x"

I think what the studies showed is not just those at the very top showing sociopathic traits, although the further up any organisation you go the more likely you are to find a sociopath, but also among ‘normal’ people. It’s to do with the just world fallacy, amongst other things.

Wallasey

There are studies out there about the richer a person is, the less empathy they display.Sure I read, or heard, that lots of high powered, wealthy individuals have psychopathic traits. Not horror traits, just lack of empathy, sympathy, they are able to put on a 'mask' to suit social norms but they don't really agree with, or understand them.

Mrs x

I think what the studies showed is not just those at the very top showing sociopathic traits, although the further up any organisation you go the more likely you are to find a sociopath, but also among ‘normal’ people. It’s to do with the just world fallacy, amongst other things."

What's the just world fallacy?

Mrs x

Cumbria

Mrs x

I think what the studies showed is not just those at the very top showing sociopathic traits, although the further up any organisation you go the more likely you are to find a sociopath, but also among ‘normal’ people. It’s to do with the just world fallacy, amongst other things.What's the just world fallacy?

Mrs x"

It’s that the world is a fair place and that you deserve what you get. It’s utter nonsense of course but it allows people with plenty, or enough, to believe that the only reason people have nothing is that they haven’t worked hard enough.

in Lancashire

He's as British as you and I..

Wallasey

Mrs x

I think what the studies showed is not just those at the very top showing sociopathic traits, although the further up any organisation you go the more likely you are to find a sociopath, but also among ‘normal’ people. It’s to do with the just world fallacy, amongst other things.What's the just world fallacy?

Mrs x

It’s that the world is a fair place and that you deserve what you get. It’s utter nonsense of course but it allows people with plenty, or enough, to believe that the only reason people have nothing is that they haven’t worked hard enough."

Maybe hit the nail on the head there,

Mrs x

West Wales and Cardiff

It’s a tricky one.

I’ve had some very rich people I know show me a great deal of personal kindness this week. They are lovely people on a 1-1 level.

I do think some lack that wider societal compassion though. I guess when you become super-wealthy, there’s understandably a lot of reinforcement of people’s worth and success going on. The knock-on of that can be to look down a bit at others less successful.

I saw flashes of it from those people while talking politics etc. As I said, awesome to me though .

Sunak, I dunno - there’s a complete ineptitude outside of his bubble though. More a lack of interest and incredulity that there is a life outside that bubble, maybe.

Peterborough

Huh?

Not discussing Mussolini/Italy.

It's a very famous quote from a film called The Princess Bride.

My further rambling was that yes the Western Front was an avoidable conflict but the threat coming up from South Italy was far to great to ignore and mistakes were made as they were so focused on it and the fighting there was so ferocious they really did believe that victory there would mean total uncontested dominance in Europe."

I don't take history from films.

D-day is a particular highlighted part of the war. Although Russia (USSR) and Italy were players in the war they weren't directly involved in D-day. So we've gone off on a tangent and they have no part in the celebrations.

Peterborough

Mrs x"

Possibly same programme I watched: we're all on the psychopathy spectrum. If you were in a plane crash, you'd want someone higher on the spectrum to lead the survivors to safety. They make good business leaders.

Of course it could be that these people are simply able to suppress empathy and act pragmatically at a time when needed. It was an interesting watch.

Peterborough

Mrs x

Mrs x

It’s that the world is a fair place and that you deserve what you get. It’s utter nonsense of course but it allows people with plenty, or enough, to believe that the only reason people have nothing is that they haven’t worked hard enough."

Plenty of believers in this forum then (by the way they post).

This mindset created workhouses!

Peterborough

"It’s a tricky one.

I’ve had some very rich people I know show me a great deal of personal kindness this week. They are lovely people on a 1-1 level.

I do think some lack that wider societal compassion though. I guess when you become super-wealthy, there’s understandably a lot of reinforcement of people’s worth and success going on. The knock-on of that can be to look down a bit at others less successful.

I saw flashes of it from those people while talking politics etc. As I said, awesome to me though .

Sunak, I dunno - there’s a complete ineptitude outside of his bubble though. More a lack of interest and incredulity that there is a life outside that bubble, maybe."

You stating his bubble is possibly akin to me thinking he has narcissistic tendencies. I deduced this when he starts acting like a child and displays the "aren't I clever" traits when he comes up with new policies (and doesn't see the downside of them). He doesn't work well in a group either. The NS pledge shows this as he left many ministers thinking wtf is this he's proposing now.

Wallasey

Mrs x

Possibly same programme I watched: we're all on the psychopathy spectrum. If you were in a plane crash, you'd want someone higher on the spectrum to lead the survivors to safety. They make good business leaders.

Of course it could be that these people are simply able to suppress empathy and act pragmatically at a time when needed. It was an interesting watch."

David James the goalie, he's a psychopath,

Mrs x

Brighton

I am finding all of this hilarious and rather sad in equal measure. And ironic in fact.

Traditionally it is people who are more right leaning in these forums who talk about patriotism and being proud of the UK, and the war, and how we saved Europe etc etc. They also lambast “the left” for being unpatriotic and critical of the role the UK has played in history etc.

It is the Conservatives who are normally more closely associated with flag waving patriotism and yet here we have the incumbent Prime Minister scoring a total own goal and being criticised by the very demographic (older voters) that the Tory vote so often depends on.

The strategy around Sunak is almost comical at this stage.

Peterborough

"I am finding all of this hilarious and rather sad in equal measure. And ironic in fact.

Traditionally it is people who are more right leaning in these forums who talk about patriotism and being proud of the UK, and the war, and how we saved Europe etc etc. They also lambast “the left” for being unpatriotic and critical of the role the UK has played in history etc.

It is the Conservatives who are normally more closely associated with flag waving patriotism and yet here we have the incumbent Prime Minister scoring a total own goal and being criticised by the very demographic (older voters) that the Tory vote so often depends on.

The strategy around Sunak is almost comical at this stage. "

The contradiction of NS pledge and lack of patriotism (what Sunak didn't attend overshadows what he did) may have cooked sunak's goose.

Brighton

"I am finding all of this hilarious and rather sad in equal measure. And ironic in fact.

The contradiction of NS pledge and lack of patriotism (what Sunak didn't attend overshadows what he did) may have cooked sunak's goose. "

It is all so ill-conceived! Seriously either Sunak won’t listen to advice or his Head of Strategy and Head of Comms are completely rubbish at their job!

Petersfield

The British Army shot deserters up until 1930 - just saying...

By *exguru_xxxMan 4 weeks ago

London

Rishi Sunak “I'M REALLY BRITISH, TOTALLY BRITISH, I UNDERSTAND ALL YOU BRITISH PEOPLE BECAUSE I'M SO BRITISH MYSELF.” He is a vile vile man. Piece of shit

in Lancashire

The strategy around Sunak is almost comical at this stage. "

Agreed..

The myth often put about (by some on here though not all of course) is that those on the left are all pacifist, tree hugging, sandal wearing, hand wringing wets when history shows us it simply isn't the case in times of National crisis..

Some issues cut right across the national psyche regardless of whatever political hue ..

To have gotten it so badly wrong is staggering incompetence when political bias is secondary to paying respects and acknowledgement of the sacrifices made by young men on that day of all the Nations present..

tbh it puts some of the inept behaviours of Boris at times in his tenure in the shade although he will always bear that achingly sad picture of The Queen sat alone at her husband's funeral which took many also experienced..

It's puzzling or is it worrying that there seems to be a lack of thought and common sense, when you or your advisors are making you look worse that Truss was it's not good..

Ineptitude, out of touch or arrogance..

Wallasey

The contradiction of NS pledge and lack of patriotism (what Sunak didn't attend overshadows what he did) may have cooked sunak's goose.

It is all so ill-conceived! Seriously either Sunak won’t listen to advice or his Head of Strategy and Head of Comms are completely rubbish at their job!"

His team actually arranged the interview at that time and date, not the broadcaster, and they knew they'd be at the D-Day memorial. How stupid are they?

Mrs x

Brighton

It is all so ill-conceived! Seriously either Sunak won’t listen to advice or his Head of Strategy and Head of Comms are completely rubbish at their job!His team actually arranged the interview at that time and date, not the broadcaster, and they knew they'd be at the D-Day memorial. How stupid are they?

Mrs x"

Very stupid! I actually heard an ex-Tory Minister (honestly can’t remember who) saying “that’s what happens when you surround yourself with young inexperienced staff” ouch!

This interview he rushed off for was not live either. It was being pre-recorded for broadcast next week. It could have been filmed at any time this week!

Totally inept!

Cumbria

It’s telling that after a brief flurry, not even the Tories ‘til I die brigade are trying to defend him anymore.

Wallasey

"It’s telling that after a brief flurry, not even the Tories ‘til I die brigade are trying to defend him anymore."
Was a minister saying to use the Tax figures they've used was misguided or am I getting confused now?

Mrs x

Brighton

"It’s telling that after a brief flurry, not even the Tories ‘til I die brigade are trying to defend him anymore."

Ah but don’t forget…

“Any rationale person would know that the only poll that matters is on General Election day!”

Peterborough

It is all so ill-conceived! Seriously either Sunak won’t listen to advice or his Head of Strategy and Head of Comms are completely rubbish at their job!"

I don't think he's a team player, so my guess is the former.

Wallasey

I think it's dead funny that everyone says Starmer hasn't any policies but as soon as it 'suits' them they quote these 'non exsistent' policies back at Labour.

They can't have it both ways haha. Think all Tories have been told to scream £2000 at anyone who mentions something they don't like about the General Election. They are repeating this lie so often it's losing its potency.

Mrs x

Cumbria

"It’s telling that after a brief flurry, not even the Tories ‘til I die brigade are trying to defend him anymore.

Ah but don’t forget…

“Any rationale person would know that the only poll that matters is on General Election day!”"

Now it’s all ‘well I don’t see Labour making it any better’. There’s nothing positive to say about the Tories, it’s all, ironically, ‘project fear’ about Labour.

Brighton

"It’s telling that after a brief flurry, not even the Tories ‘til I die brigade are trying to defend him anymore.

Ah but don’t forget…

“Any rationale person would know that the only poll that matters is on General Election day!”

Now it’s all ‘well I don’t see Labour making it any better’. There’s nothing positive to say about the Tories, it’s all, ironically, ‘project fear’ about Labour."

True. Even Sunak has to resort to that. 14 years to get it right. 14 years!

Peterborough

Ah but don’t forget…

Now it’s all ‘well I don’t see Labour making it any better’. There’s nothing positive to say about the Tories, it’s all, ironically, ‘project fear’ about Labour."

Spot on

Cumbria

Ah but don’t forget…

Now it’s all ‘well I don’t see Labour making it any better’. There’s nothing positive to say about the Tories, it’s all, ironically, ‘project fear’ about Labour.

True. Even Sunak has to resort to that. 14 years to get it right. 14 years!"

“I’ve got a plan, Labour hasn’t” nah, sorry, we’ve had 14 years of Tory plans destroying the country.

Brighton

"I think it's dead funny that everyone says Starmer hasn't any policies but as soon as it 'suits' them they quote these 'non exsistent' policies back at Labour.

They can't have it both ways haha. Think all Tories have been told to scream £2000 at anyone who mentions something they don't like about the General Election. They are repeating this lie so often it's losing its potency.

Mrs x"

Even funnier is that someone (was it Sky and/or Private Eye?) used the same methodology to measure impact of Tory policies and found they would cost £3000 per household!

It really is amateur hour. The Tories are a busted flush. Thatcher would have eaten the current political generation for breakfast!

Wallasey

Ah but don’t forget…

I think Brexit is to recent in the memory and that's going to harm the Tory strategy this time. All the lies used to achieve Brexit are still raw for a lot of people. They've seen through this tactic and can spot it now.

Unfortunately Tories feel foul of this during the first debate and D-Day has compounded it. Tories have nowhere to hide now. All they can do is throw enough shit so that some of it sticks.

Mrs x

Peterborough

Ah but don’t forget…

True. Even Sunak has to resort to that. 14 years to get it right. 14 years!"

What about Penny throwing the 14 years at Angela re immigration , say whaaaaaaaaaat?

Wallasey

"I think it's dead funny that everyone says Starmer hasn't any policies but as soon as it 'suits' them they quote these 'non exsistent' policies back at Labour.

Mrs x

Even funnier is that someone (was it Sky and/or Private Eye?) used the same methodology to measure impact of Tory policies and found they would cost £3000 per household!

It really is amateur hour. The Tories are a busted flush. Thatcher would have eaten the current political generation for breakfast!"

It was The Spectator and they just used Tory figures, the Spectator doesn't have any 'Special Advisors' haha,

Mrs x

Peterborough

Mrs x

It really is amateur hour. The Tories are a busted flush. Thatcher would have eaten the current political generation for breakfast!"

I heard that on HIGNFY after the debate

Wallasey

Ah but don’t forget…

True. Even Sunak has to resort to that. 14 years to get it right. 14 years!

What about Penny throwing the 14 years at Angela re immigration , say whaaaaaaaaaat? "

Raynes face when she said that haha.

You can almost see Merton & Hislop missing themselves laughing about these'gaffs', they couldn't write this. It's comedy gold.

Mrs x